• If your recruitment thread involves completely going off site with your partner(s) then it belongs in the Off-Site Ad Area.
  • This area of the site is governed by the official Recruitment rules. Whether you are looking for players or looking for a roleplay, we recommend you read them and familiarize your self with them. Read the Recruitment Rules Here.

Futuristic Heavy Iron[Mech Vs Monster Rp]

BlueClover

*Jumps Through Window*
39b5b21e029dbcc61a6700f588abd52a--fantasy-concept-art-sci-fi-fantasy.jpg

Who Killed The War?
The world was once in turmoil during the second war. New weapons were tested, and that was humanities biggest mistake. After the war, the allies celebrated a victory that would turn bitter sweet.

Their weapons woke up something lurking beneath the surface. These human sized creatures rose from the ground and attacked our people at their weakest, and soon they had taken over most of the East coast. It looked like humanity would fail until one woman rose to power. Her name was Samantha Lug, or later known as The Guardian. She led the military group called the winter brigade, elites among man who pushed back the monsters. It looked like another celebration would ensue until they came back, this time much larger and with abilities to rival even the strongest tank. Yet again, humanity was pushed back. This was until a crazy idea was suggested by Samantha that could have costed her ranking. To fight these giant monsters, they must fight back the same way.

The military had figured out the monster blood was an even stronger source than coal or diesel. This was used in the first trial of the mechs, 10 meters in height. These machines were a lot more unstable and to the army, a waste of time until they were put into action. These giants fought the monsters, the blood allowing them to fight for long periods of time with little backlash. This started the new wave called Project: Heavy Iron.
steampunk_mech_iii_by_likaspapaya.jpg
This was many years ago, the humans and monsters seemed to clash constantly, hitting back and fourth with greater strength. Now, humanity has been pushed into the mountains where the cold is too extreme for even the monsters. The last of humanity stays in The Bunker, a giant cave with crystals as natural light. They get their food from the winter brigade, the old military started by The Guardian. The mechs act as humanities protectors from the monsters.

cave_town_by_iidanmrak-d5r61fj.jpg

d90e0313165374b64f5ac2a256ca81e8.jpg
However, people are getting antsy, tired of the rocky grave they call home. The army isn’t good either, the brigadiers and Mech Pilots are on thin ice. Both with large egos on who’s the best. Something else stays in the snow, people who can control the monsters humans feared, and they have the same goals as the beast they ride.

Interest Check Rules
  1. Only show interest if you’re going to be active
  2. Be kind to others, and don’t harass anyone when the OOC is up
  3. Make sure to show your interest by posting here

Last edited:
Just curious, what are the mech control methods generally like? And how many designs could there be?
Mech controlling is basically the sane as controlling your character, and as for designs, I’ll basically allow almost anything but just know that you can’t have stuff like futuristic weapons(as this is set after WW2), or very complicated armor. Also these mechs have a set height, 30 meters is the max.

Mech controlling is basically the sane as controlling your character, and as for designs, I’ll basically allow almost anything but just know that you can’t have stuff like futuristic weapons(as this is set after WW2), or very complicated armor. Also these mechs have a set height, 30 meters is the max.
That’s all cool, but I meant specifically in-lore how the characters control the mechs. Is it like any other vehicle?

Just curious, what are the mech control methods generally like? And how many designs could there be?
Oh, you meant the actual controls. Most work on buttons, levers, and hydraulics along with stuff you’d find in a normal car like gas pedals. It all depends on the user as each is specially made to their liking.

This seems pretty neat! Do you mind somebody who is kinda rusty but interested in getting back into roleplaying? It's been a bit since the last time I've written anything.

Not much of a group role-player, but I’m craving writing Mechs so I’m in. Plus, this internal strife that humanity is having (brigaders vs. mechs) sound like fun.

This seems pretty neat! Do you mind somebody who is kinda rusty but interested in getting back into roleplaying? It's been a bit since the last time I've written anything.
We’re accepting everyone! No matter the skills, just make sure you can use proper grammar and no one liners and we’ll have no problems :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Back