• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

Fantasy Heaven's Smile! : A tale of Fire and Wind --(RP page) ((open to join))

OOC
Here
Characters
Here
Other
Here

NeonFlow

The one who made Aerth
Supporter
Roleplay Availability
Roleplay Type(s)
kenneth-camaro-city-wall-color-sharpen.jpgThe kingdom of Desara has been in chaos for weeks, travellers of all sort arrive in droves. The prophets foretold that evil will rise and those who fled their homes would agree...
"this dark tower shot up in the middle of Bossits, turned the city into a labyrinth of death!"
"The farms were overrun by gnolls! Big green gnolls more muscle then hair!"
"We rode the horses to death escaping them... then we just kept running..."

Of course not everyone hoping to make it behind the walls of Desara are here because unthinkable evil has killed family and friends as it destroyed your home. No many men and women pile into the city to see if they were chosen by the gods to save the world.
King Leo called for all women and girls to be examined for the heaven's light.
King Leo called for anyone who considers themselves worthy of becoming a legend.

Men and women line up at multiple churches with a mixture of excitement, anxious tension and a smell that gets less pleasing as the day progresses. Yosephi had his hands full, much like any other day for the feared guard...
Crime has gone up significantly with the increased number of people taking shelter within the city walls. These dark towers effect all the land, evil truly rises. Yosephi however cares little for prophecy or the foolish who commit wrong on his streets.

Like a cruel form of shaming Yosephi hands off six criminals to some no name guards. Yosephi had each bit of scum handcuffed to another ready for the lot of them to be dragged off by a pair of horses. "Seph you know this ain't right" one of the guards says lifting his helmet up to access the situation further.
"four thieves, two drunken indecents"
Yosephi calmly states before spitting on the ground. "I broke their fingers but I'll ask you rough them up further as you cage these animals."
"Uh.. sure Sir, we will" the second guard states with a half hearted shrug, punching the first in line before tying them to the horses.
"You shouldn't encourage him" the first guard sighs only for the second to snap back quickly
"I ain't messing with Absurd, he makes these criminals shit themselves THEN locks them up together in it... He never stops, it's like telling the Sun to stop shining."
The man both sides of the law was afraid of hadn't stuck around to hear gossip of himself. Instead he made his way towards one of the many hot spots for thieves and assault.

Speaking of a hot spot, a warrior having made her way to Desara finally makes it through the gate.
After the entrance process of course. Which is payment of a gold coin and your information recorded for the book. The guards explain that there are four churches able to examine you for the light, people who think themselves worthy of being a legend are directed to the royal church on castle grounds.
Blackrose7 Blackrose7

A decent bit of advice, the time spent making it to the castle would probably be less than standing with the crowds throughout the city. Four churches open to the general public and each is packed with guards and ministers, nuns and other church workers trying to keep order and efficiency maintained. The royal church is within the castle walls, but proving yourself a legend may be difficult struggle itself.
------------------
For anyone looking to join please ask questions in the OOC or on the interest check.
If you post a CS in the character page I shall try to read it asap so we can get them accepted and able to jump into the story.
The beginning arc is named a "tale of fire". Other arcs shall be named after the legends that join, For each arc or tale i'm happy for two characters to join (which includes the start.)
This rp will remain open in this manner until we reach a party of 7 or 8.
Post order will be "1, 2, than you"
Of course this only matters when enough players are here to justify waiting a turn to post.
Apart from that follow the rules everyone puts somewhere at the start of a rp.
Follow rpns rules, don't be God, don't be a dick to others, please respect my decisions etc etc

And remember to have fun

Last edited:
Nija didn't care much for the city before it was overburdened with refugees and over-confident legend wannabees; but now wandering through the crowded streets attempting to find (the girl glanced at the word scrawled on her hand- Echinacea. Whatever the hell that was ) in this smell should have been classified as torture.
Disliking crowds wasn't the main reason she hadn't come when called to check for the heavens light, or to see if she might hold the status of a legend ; but it was a great factor. The greater factor being she would actually eat dirt before doing what anyone told her; and that very much included the king.

Nija glanced around; still attempting to locate the city's apothecary whilst avoiding the lines of the churches. All the buildings looked the same to her, how did anyone find anything in this mess?
One of the few details she could pick up on were the dirty children scurrying between citizens, playing some game of tag before knocking in to Nija.

" Watch it, tyke!" The command wasn't harsh, coming out half way stern rather than threatening.

" Sorry bird lady," Nija hardly had time to reply before the kid was off again, scuttling into the crowd.

" Bird lady?" Despite the unwanted name, she would not have been too upset over the whole ordeal had she not happened to pat her coat pocket and find her coin purse very much missing.

" That little-" She began with mounting frustration " get back here you little shit! That purse aint even mine!"
A true statement, it had been borrowed from the villager she was running errands for.

Nija tucked her wings close to her body, ducking between the crowd as she chased after the little thief; and earning quite a few upset reprimands in her effort to catch up.

" Where the hell did that- "

It looked like she had circled back to the gate of the city in her chase; and the little thief was no where to be seen. Damnit.

"forget what that tosser says, if any guard has a chance it's the Absurd one... if you want to beat the lines go to the royal church, that's where knights and important figures are being inspected"

She couldn't help but overhear a nearby conversation, it stood out from the rest of the chatter; and she slowed to listen. Knights it seemed, though she couldn't get a good look at the silver haired one. The sight of their armor left a bitter taste on Nija's tongue, but she could swallow it long enough to get that purse back.

" Hey! You... people. Mind helping me get my purse back from a rat with grabby lil' hands? " She called, stepping forward to the group with both hands on her hips.
NeonFlow NeonFlow Blackrose7 Blackrose7

Gwen Hollins
Interaction: Tapfic Tapfic
Mentioned: N/A​

The long wait through the gate of the Desara kingdom was finally over for Gwen, they paid the guards with a gold coin, showed her face towards them before putting her helmet back on, and told them her real name. They also told the guards to call her Gavin Jarvis from that point on, because they don't like it when people see her face after the bad experience they almost had to deal with in the village with some guys.
After saying that to the guards, Gwen was going to head towards one of the public churches. They wanted to go there, because if something were to happen like they end up being the light. She can use the crowd to escape from that situation, because they don't want to be in the spotlight.
However, before Gwen was able to walk towards one of the public churches. A lady with wings ended up appearing in front of them. The bird lady told them they lost their purse, and even though, Gwen was on their day off from working as a guard in their village. She wouldn't mind helping a stranger out with their problem.
They walk towards the bird lady, and just give them an ok sign on their request, so the bird lady can know she is going to help them.

Last edited:
The guards at the gate continue doing their job of asking questions and taking entrance fees as Gwen silently moved to help the foreign citizen. The kid thieves had a common plan of picking pockets and then scattering in different directions to avoid getting caught... Admittedly much more effective with the increased traffic of people in the city.
Nija lost sight of the boy but perhaps could list off what he looked like or was wearing to the silent guard giving the "ok signal"
Maybe the guard will use sign language to explain they just got to the city and can only help in searching.
Tapfic Tapfic Blackrose7 Blackrose7

Yosephi had already taken down two more thieves, their bloody and bruised faces a brutal reminder of Yosephi Serd's war on crime. The men are cuffed together unconscious hanging upside down from a unlit lantern waiting for someone to help them. "let this be a lesson to the criminals daring to live in Desara"
The guard announces his warning to all on the street who just saw said guard chase catch and physically destroy a thief whilst dragging another in a headlock before stringing them up like a carcass.
"I've seen him knock out children" a woman whispers to her husband who swiftly returned a sweaty apple from his sleeve back to the stall of fruit it had been taken from.
"good choice" Yosephi muttered as he passed the couple on his journey to decimate evil.

Last edited:
Gwen Hollins
Interaction: Tapfic Tapfic

Not sure if the bird lady was going to tell her about what the thief looks like, they took out the notebook and a pencil from their pouch belt. Gwen quickly wrote what they wanted to say to the bird lady with the pencil. As the bird lady wouldn't know about a thief's habit to throw the stolen money all over the place if it is crowded. They then show the notebook to them once they are done.

Greetings, you are speaking to Gavin Jarvis. I am a guard from a farming village: Berxley, and do you know what the thief looks like? Also, if that thief was smart. They might have spread your money around the place, because Desara is extremely crowded. I can't help you if the thief did that, for those coins could be anywhere. I will help you with getting your purse back. 😉
Note: I am talking to you through my notebook, because I don't like to talk to people. I am also here to go to the public church, since I heard that the king is searching for the light. It is honestly stupid if you ask me. Nobody knows what this so-called light is, and yet, they want to know where it is. The light that everybody is seeking right now might not exist for all we know. 😐

After showing that to the bird lady, they offer them the pencil, so she can write down what the thief looks like in Gwen's notebook. They are going to need it if they are going to assist them with their search for the stolen purse.

The situation in the world was a mixed blessing for the Royal Academy of Desara. On one hand, the school saw an influx of scholars from across the region banding together under one roof. On the other hand, some were sleeping on-campus and they were starting to smell...

Celeste navigated the bustling streets, not quite enjoying her time off as planned. The rise of some nebulous dark lord and armies of demons complicated the easier life she and others like her had made for themselves. She noticed some children scattering and had a vague idea of what happened. Then, she saw another woman trying to get help and all doubt was removed.

“Let me guess,” Cel began, intruding on the little creative writing session, “The kids stole your coin purse?” She couldn’t help pausing with her eyes stopping on the armored... man(?)... penning an entire letter. “No one can do much about it, though I wouldn’t put it past Mr. Serd to beat children. Here’s something you can do, though.” To demonstrate, she raised her arm and reached into her own cleavage, her hand emerging with her own coin purse. “Your first mistake was not using the ultimate pocket. Most kids can’t reach it, and if an adult tries? Well, Mr. Serd will see two reasons to beat them bloody.”

With this, Celeste gazed at the note, her eyes narrowing slowly. In her mind, she was wondering how Berxley could have possibly fallen when the guards had such effective methods of communication. Rubbing her temples, she added, “I feel as though you’d fit in with some of the scribes at the university. They seldom speak, but they’ll write, edit, and publish an entire textbook to answer one question. If you ever need another job, speak with me.”

" Not a talker, huh?"
Nija, doing her best to politely take the note, sighing deeply as she processed the information.

" Damn," she muttered. Guess she had better just cross her fingers and hope her little thief was a little idiot too.
" They were pretty generic lookin' too- pale, scrawny, brown hair, freckles- a boy I think."
She wrote the description down and handed the book back to Gavin.

" Not so sure what'cha would need to report to the church for though, last i checked the light's supposed to be a chick-"
Gavin was a guy's name right? ...Wait, was the prophecy talking about gender identity or biologic sex anyways when it said they were a lady?
" ...No offence if you are a chick by the way, Gavy."

“Let me guess, The kids stole your coin purse?"
Nija's meandering thought process was interrupted by the appearance of a new woman. She was pale, and her features defined. Elven maybe?

“No one can do much about it, though I wouldn’t put it past Mr. Serd to beat children. Here’s something you can do, though.”

Nija watched with embarrassed horror as the woman took her coin purse right out of her cleavage.

" Wh-" Nija started, her face heating red as her head snapped to look in any other direction.
" Y'know, I think i'll keep my tits outta my financial transactions actually, thanky'verymuch " Not to mention the fact Nija didn't exactly have the correct chest size to keep much in there without looking like she had a third boob. That bit can remain unmentioned though.

" Wait a sec'- who the hell is beating kids? " Her shift in demeanor was once again sudden, and complete.
" Yeah no. We aren't getting any kids hit today- but I'll gladly find whoever the fuck Mr.Serd is and givem a couple more health issues if he tries touchin a kid while i'm in town. "
Nija could understand thievery, she was raised by bandits after all, but like any sane person; she drew the line at child abuse. Of course she did, who the hell wouldn't?
She would go looking for the dude, but she needed to get this plant and get back to her village before something bad happened. Other than the gate, she was basically the only line of defense the town currently had when it came to wandering monsters.
Guess she had to do this the hard way.

" Fine. " She was talking to herself.
" Change of plans, Gavy- how'bout you go check in at the church real quick, and then ya show me where-" she checked the writing on her hand again
" -Echinacea grows around here. ...Either of you know what that looks like by the way?"

Interactions: Blackrose7 Blackrose7 Goonfire Goonfire

Last edited:
There is a open marketplace that has all manner of goods a short distance from the gate, this was close to a church where crowds gather hoping to be gods chosen or worthy of the title legend. Yosephi was in the middle of a fierce brawl. It started when a large bandit looking man with a battleaxe accused a Knomage of stealing from him, the knomage was a strung out thief who just so happened to have a bag of runes ready for battle...

The crowds made room as a axe swung for the smaller man holding a glowing brown crystal, the knomage whispers into the rune before throwing it at the ground causing the stone road to crumble into dirt and form around the knomage turning himself into a golem. (That was still growing)
Clay_golem.jpg
It was two guards and Yosephi who rushed in to stop this, though by the time they arrived the bandit man copse was kicked into the church crowds resulting in more panic and some hysteria. The knomage was now five meters tall courtesy of a brown rune and the 'fine' stone roads of the Desara commons.

The guards fight to bring the knomage down, as the two guards unleash their mana toward the golem armoured madman, a ball of fire crashing into a raised rocky hand and two spears of ice embed themselves into the side and back of the knomage. Yosephi uses the ice to climb the golem as it attempts to retaliate against the law. The golem was able to crush the fire throwing guard by throwing its own detached hand, but Yosephi was able to slip infront to the face of the rock armour to blind the knomage hiding inside with blast of light directly from his palm into the eyehole of the golem.

Yosephi fell hard but rolled back into a standing position as the golem fell backwards attempting to swipe the guard. Though the knomage screamed none could hear it as the golem thrashed about holding its face with one hand.
Yosephi shouts to the ice guard "could you freeze him?"
"Only one leg!"
"can you shoot through the eye holes?"
"Not with him moving like that! No one could make that shot!"
"I'll keep him busy! Get reinforcements!"
Yosephi drew his sword with a strong feeling of regret as this morning he figured the bow and arrows would slow him down and would not be needed chasing thieves and stopping fights. A annoyed huff escaped the man's lips as he tried to think of the next move to take.

Gwen Hollins
Interaction: Tapfic Tapfic Goonfire Goonfire

Before the mysterious guard: Gavin Jarvis can give the bird lady a nod of agreement towards the talker part. Some nosy lady joined the conversation, and what they had to say only just annoyed them. They don't want to become a scribe, because that would mean she can't protect Berxley, nor walk around in their armor without looking suspicious. 'Become a scribe? Don't be ridiculous, since I won't be changing my job. Berxley needs to be protected from the monsters, and I am only here because my parents asked me to go to Desara.' thought Gwen.
While she was crossing her arms from being annoyed by the nosy lady, the bird lady wrote down what the thief looked like, and gave the notebook and pencil back to them. The bird lady then talked about a few other things, so Gwen just wrote what they wanted to say in their notebook.

To the nosy lady, I don't want to become a scribe, because I want to protect Berxley from the monsters. Also, they are used to me doing this, since I am the only guard who does the notebook thing.

To the bird lady, I didn't know that the search for the light was for the girls, because I was only told that the king was searching for the light. I guess I can do the legend thing. The guard at the gate entrance mentioned that the public church did that as well, and I am not a girl. You also confused me, since I thought you wanted me to help you with looking for your purse. Not that I mind looking for some Echinaceas, and I know what that flower looks like. Berxley has those flowers growing around the place.

Zelek Nevo
Interactions: None
Mentioned: Yosephi ( NeonFlow NeonFlow )

Zelek should've known this target wouldn't be an easy mark. The former-thief-turned-assassin had heard of the man's infamy amongst criminals. However, this would be one of Zelek's kills that would set him apart from the other assassins. Not only would it prove that Zelek could do more than just cloak-and-dagger jobs, but it would take out a thorn for his fellow criminals. The assassin had trailed the guard through out the day, making sure to keep his distance and not draw attention to himself. While none of the guards were particularly smart, they would probably notice him if he got too close to them.

Zelek had witnessed the brutality of Yosephi's actions towards his victims. That was the only word that Zelek could think of that fit that the guard was doing towards the poor individuals: victims. The assassin should've been used to the cruelty of man, but he still couldn't help but fear the guard. Would he even be able to win a fight? The man not only possessed physical strength, but also had light magical abilities. The young assassin's own magical abilities would be tested.

However, it seemed as though fate would intervene on behalf of Zelek's favor in the form of a golem. He was curious on whether the golem would even manage to defeat the guard, but Zelek somehow doubt it would. Perhaps injure him a bit... although if he dies, I won't be paid for eliminating the target. The young man chuckled, as he began heading towards the man. He began forming a shadow around his body, quickly disappearing from sight. Perhaps this job will be easier than I thought. He drew one of his daggers and began making a steady pace towards the man. The assassin's body would move so he would avoid hitting anyone or anything.

After tucking the coin purse back in its special hiding spot, Celeste went on to explain the curious case of the vigilante guard. "Well, we have one guard who goes a bit overboard. I don't approve of it, but I have no authority over city guards." She considered both people's requests while waiting for the armored one to write. "You know, I'm from around here, so I could assist with both reaching a church and some--"

The note caught her eye and she stopped mid-sentence, specifically after reading those first four words. That was all she needed to read to feel as though she was being pushed away. She pursed her lips, the initial silence uncomfortable at best. "I see. Well, researchers and guards have good reason to be 'nosy' in times such as these." With an insulted sigh, she whipped around and marched towards the church for a chance to study the effect of this 'heavenly fire' magic, assuming its user surfaced. She didn't invite the two to follow, though she couldn't stop them, either.

Chaos had erupted around the church. Celeste pushed against the flow of fleeing people, until she could peer over enough heads to identify the problem. The violent, growing golem was painfully apparent. Yosephi had engaged it, the flash of his light spell blinding the creature. The spectacle allowed her to guess its true identity--a foolish mage disrupting the long and arduous search with a giant construct.

Cel raised her hands and took aim, her fingers crackling with blue traces of magic power. A breathy growl quickly grew into a sharp, staccato yell. "MAGIC MISSILE!" she blurted out as a concentrated bolt of sheer kinetic energy hurtled towards the golem's face. Since its hand covered the weak points, she knew she'd need more, so she hurled a few more volleys of smaller projectiles in an effort to blast through the dirt and strike the knomage directly.
NeonFlow NeonFlow

Yosephi had taken a moment to look around him to see if reinforcements would be arriving any time soon and to ensure civilians were safely out of the way. Imagine his surprise when a lone figure started walked towards him awash in shadows with a knife out... It took a moment for the guard to realise what he was seeing, this must be the infamous "shadow assassin" one whose heard but never seen or caught.
Clearly they exaggerate....
this is no assassin...
It's a young fool whose been told by other fools that he is a invisible killer!
I don't think he realises his mana is darkness...

Yosephi couldn't help but squint in confusion but the heavy quakes given off by the golem finding it's balance to stand was enough to bring the guard back to reality.

With a practiced hand Yosephi drew and threw a pair of steel chain bolas. They sail through the air wrapping around Zelek resulting in both arms being tied to his body and the second bolas wrapping around the boys legs. Almost as fast as the bolas had been thrown, Yosephi ran over to swiftly punch the would be assassin in the face.
As the body fell to the dirt unconscious the shadow mana stops hiding his identity. Yosephi almost pitied the young fool. Almost being the key word here as the guard still had a job to do... picking up the unconscious criminal by the chains keeping him wrapped, Yosephi spins into a brilliant hammer throw sending Zelek to relative safety like a sack of potatoes being thrown out of the arena less they get stomped by the fighting of giants.
Israel Israel

Luckily for the guard however was the bravery and skill of Celeste. Her magic missiles halting the golem from stumbling ontop of the guard and his would be killer. The golem was blinded, missing two hands but could still stand and thrash about in self defense.
"that's it mage! Break it's defense! Shoot the scum hiding within"
Yosephi couldn't help but shout encouragement, it had been a month or two since someone had potentially saved his life. Impressive how her magic effected the golem, a question Yosephi would need to remember is 'what rune would be used to create a artefact capable of mimicking her mana?'
Goonfire Goonfire

"I see. Well, researchers and guards have good reason to be 'nosy' in times such as these."

" Aw hey lady, don't get upset; doubt Gavy meant ta hurt your feelings!" Nija called as the woman began to walk away. The redhead had evidentially become distracted from her mission- as she followed behind- not to different that a puppy chasing a squirrel.

She had gotten pushed quite a bit behind the other by the crowd of fleeing civilians once the church yard began to disintegrate into discord.

" Wh-" she tried to ask what the hell was going on, but a fleeing man's shoulder nocked her to the ground; and she was forced to frantically dodge between the crowd until she could right herself again.

" Can you-stupid fucks just- walk around me or something!" she finally managed to right herself again , and now she could see the source of the commotion.
Oh, yeah, big ol' golem. That would do it.

" Damn," there wasn't enough space for her to unfold her wings in this crowd, and she couldn't use her bow from here without possibly stabbing someone-

Nija pushed her way through the crowd as the woman from earlier began her assault on the creature, it seemed a guard man was on the case as well- or was he? He just went and fuckin attacked some dude that looked like he was also going for the golem- maybe the guard was on the monster's side?
But the thing was also trying to kill him? Nija was confused.
As the crowd dissipated nearer to the monster, and Nija finally had room to take off. With practiced ease she took to the sky, un-holstering her bow and nocking back three arrows.

" HEY SO, " Nija called; earning the creature's attention as she fired. Two arrows struck the shoulder, bouncing off harmlessly. Nija flicked her wrist, and with the motion the third arrow changed direction, and aimed for the monster's eyes. It would have been a good move, had the creature not lifted it's hand to shield the vital area.
" Any one wanna tell me what's going on? Preferably coin purse lady cuz this other guy looks like a dick! "
Nija called the first three arrows back to herself and continued firing. The Golem reached up the hand that was not shielding it's eyes and swatted blindly in the direction of Nija and the mage.

Interactions: NeonFlow NeonFlow Goonfire Goonfire

Gwen Hollins
Interaction: Tapfic Tapfic Goonfire Goonfire Israel Israel NeonFlow NeonFlow

Upon finding out that the random lady, who joined the conversation for a bit was a researcher. Gwen got worried from underneath her helmet, because her secret magic would get their attention if she were to reveal it to them.
'...What are the odds of me running into a researcher like them, and it is a good thing that nobody knows about my useless fire magic besides my parents.' thought Gwen. 'Although, I feel kind of bad for them, because I didn't know that they were that.'

While they were thinking about what just happened, they weren't paying attention to their surroundings, and were shoved to the ground by some fleeing civilians. "Please don't shove people like that. Someone can get hurt." said Gwen, who was using a male voice. They then got up from the ground, and had a concerned look on their face. For she knew the civilians wouldn't run away like that unless there was danger. 'Wait. Something dangerous is happening? I need to find out what it is, because I don't know if I can handle whatever the problem is or not.' thought Gwen, as she walked in the opposite direction of the fleeing people.

Gwen found out why the people were fleeing, because they saw a giant golem. Her face turned pale from underneath the helmet, since they have never dealt with a golem before. 'Oh crap. I can't deal with a golem, because my arrows would probably be useless. My sword wouldn't do anything towards it either, due to it being made of rock.' thought Gwen.
Knowing that they were going to impede the people, who can deal with the golem problem. They just helped the civilians, who needed an escape route, because they needed to find safety as soon as possible. '...I am such a horrible guard here, since I can't stop the golem from attacking Desara. I am just going to get in their way.' thought Gwen. She sometimes has negative thoughts like that every once in a while. Because they know they would never be good enough like those guards, who can use their magic with no fear of them being treated differently for how useless they are.

After helping a few citizens out, they noticed the unconscious guy, so they moved their body towards a safer location. Gwen didn’t care if the guy was a criminal or not, since they didn’t know what they did. It only mattered to her that they don’t end up being stepped on by the golem.

Last edited:
Celeste smirked at the damage she dealt but shimmied cautiously in anticipation of a counterattack. She paused for a moment, the attention-grabbing voice of the winged lass catching several off-guard. “Merely a knomage with an attitude in need of adjustment. I’ve got this handled,” Celeste answered before resuming her attack pattern. She wanted the attention to be on her, not the two strangers following her, one of whom was trying to evacuate civilians.

Cel heeded Yosephi’s call for more attacks. With another thrust of her hands, her mana condensed into the glowing energy. She fired another giant magic missile, then steered four more behind it towards the eye sockets—or perhaps what would be left of them if the first one flew true.
NeonFlow NeonFlow

Users who are viewing this thread

Back