• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

Fandom Hearthbound - A Homestuck quest.

>GAMES, >IRONY
>D&D, >STORY WRITING
>VIOLIN
>PLAY VIDEO GAMES WITH YOUR FRIENDS, >SEND SNAPCHATS TO YOUR GIRLFRIEND
(Couldn't decide)
>OVERWATCH, >SWORD ART ONLINE
>COMPETITION

>PLAY VIDEO GAMES WITH YOUR FRIENDS, let's say

>Move slightly more to your left so that you can hold hands with your mirror self.
>Wonder what time it is
>Contemplate chumhandle
>Look around

Current Player
Cody McBride
Jvruvjr.png
??? of ???
Land of ??? and ???
Health:
100%

Sylladex
??? Modus
> Empty
> Revise.

Your interests include GAMES and IRONY, along with D&D and STORY WRITING. You're very skilled at PLAYING THE VIOLIN, and when not doing anything, tend to PLAY VIDEO GAMES WITH YOUR FRIENDS.

Some FANDOMS you're in include OVERWATCH and SWORD ART ONLINE. Admitably, you're not big into fandoms. You do, however, have a strong passion for COMPETITION]. Your favorite color is RED.

> Ponder Chumhandle.

Your Chumhandle is goodGame [GG]. It's kinda simplistic, but you picked it back when you were younger, and didn't always consider other players' feelings at the end of games. It's also your name for online games. That way, you never need to remember to type GG at the end of matches! Your girlfriend's stated to you multiple times that sometimes you don't consider other people, so you've done your best to start actually trying to be nice, if only to please her.

Speaking of your girlfriend, you should probably contact her to let her know you're going to bed soon. It's 8:16 pm, and you're tired as all hell. Well, not really. You actually need the time to study, so you're just going to tell a white lie so she doesn't bother you while you do your studying.

Looking around your room, it's surprisingly plain. Pale white walls, a simple bed with maroon colored blankets. A simple wooden desk with piles of textbooks and note books, as well as a small laptop. A wooden bookshelf chock full of textbooks, game books, and all other kinds of books, along with your wide collection of BOARD GAMES. You have an ironic collection of WOMENS' UNDERWEAR in a box under your bed. Some of it is stuff your girlfriend or best friend shipped to you. You have a simple dresser full of casual and fancy clothes. Then there's some that you've bought yourself...

What were you doing? Ah right, messaging your girlfriend so you can study.

-- goodGame [GG] began pestering aceTheater [AT] at 20:17. --

GG: hey babe, i'm going to bed.
AT: Aww, really? I was just about to ask you if you wanted to play with us!
AT: We're going to try out that Sburb game that CT was talking about!

GG: hmm...
GG: after some thoughtful consideration, i suppose i will join you in this game.

AT: Great! It seems like the game does some weird things with a client and server disc, so since I'm already serving CT, you should be my server!
AT: ;)

GG: oh honey, you know i'll service you any night ;)
AT: 0///0

She knows your weakness so well. Then again, you also know hers. Suppose you should actually play with her, now that you said you would. Might as well see if your best friend is also playing.

-- goodGame [GG] began pestering tillTime [TT] at 20:19. --

GG: hey dean
GG: bae and her friend are playing a game called sburb. have you heard of it?

TT: Sburb?
TT: I've heard of it from commercials.
TT: You wouldn't believe how hard reviews of the game are hard to come by.
TT: But they all talk about meteors and death. Sounds kinda dark.

GG: bae said it had something to do with clients and servers?
GG: it sounds like an interesting concept. i think we connect directly to each other as game servers rather than one massive online server.

TT: Huh, interesting.
GG: aparently i might need a server too, since bae is both a server and a my client. wanna do that?
TT: I mean sure? I was just going to resell my copy but I'm sure slightly used will also sell. So long as I keep the original packaging.

So now you've got your loose ends tied up. You're uncannily good at organizing people like so, and as you'll eventually discover, unknowingly forging the chain of client-server players. You should probably also poke around and see who else of your friend group will also be joining you four. But also your bae wanted you to be her server or something like that. You... don't have a copy of the game. It's managed to fly under your radar - you mostly go for the big brand name games, the AAA's, but Sburb was made by a studio that isn't quite indie but also not with a big enough budget for AAA-grade games, so you've had little interest in it. However, you're 95% sure it's online on Steam. Or at your local game store.

What will you do?

(( Squad141 Squad141 IctoraPost IctoraPost Ferociousfeind Ferociousfeind ))

Last edited:
Current Player
Cody McBride
Jvruvjr.png
??? of ???
Land of ??? and ???
Health:
100%

Sylladex
??? Modus
> Empty
> Search Steam for Sburb.

Ah, there it is! It's only ten dollars, too. Too bad you don't have any funds in your Steam Wallet, nor a credit card of your own to purchase it. You're probably going to have to... ((SELECT 1) >STRIFE WITH YOUR GRANDMA FOR IT >CONVINCE YOUR GRANDMA TO LET YOU BORROW HER CARD, >STEAL FROM YOUR GRANDMA TO GET HER CARD.)

You suppose you should prepare for the worst, meaning you need to pick up your ARMS, or as was prior discussed, your ARMAMENTS. You use ((SELECT 1) >STAFFKIND, >SWORDKIND, >SPEARKIND) as your weapon of choice.

Also you should definitely contact more friends of yours, see if they're around to play.

>CONVINCE YOUR GRANDMA TO LET YOU BORROW HER CARD. You wouldn't stoop so low as to fight with or steal from you own grandmother, right? RIGHT?
>STAFFKIND

>Pester AA, or... How many friends do you have, anyway?

Current Player
Cody McBride
Jvruvjr.png
??? of ???
Land of ??? and ???
Health:
100%

Sylladex
??? Modus
> Empty
> Pester AA.

Yes, only the most heartless and selfish of people would dare attack their own Granny for her money. What were you thinking?

-- goodGame [GG] began pestering actualArsonic [AA] at 20:20. --

GG: hey
AA: what is up? *playful*
GG: so AT and CT are playing Sburb. I figured I'd check and see who else wanted to play?
AA: oh shit! I'd be down to play *excited!*
AA: is it on Steam or something?

GG: apparently.
GG: it costs a bit of money, though.

AA: thats cool *chill*
AA: I have my connections *mysterious*

GG: connections? Are you getting it off the black market?
AA: maaaaybeee.... *playful*
AA: i'm gonna go see if TC wants to play, you get the guys together? Maybe ask CC. *analytical*

GG: you totally have a crush on him
AA: wha-? No, he's an ass! *surprised, baffled, offended?*
GG: then why did you suggest adding him?
AA: ... *blushing*
AA: I heard it was a good idea to have an even number of players... *mumbling, uncertain*

GG: eh, whatever. you're allowed to have your preference.
GG: I shouldn't judge.

You have seven online friends, one of those being your girlfriend. There's TC, CT, AT, AA, CC, TT, and AC.

Perhaps you should go get that card now.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back