• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

Realistic or Modern ๐ก๐ž๐š๐ซ๐ญ ๐จ๐Ÿ ๐ฃ๐จ๐ฌ๐ž๐จ๐ง ๐œ๐ฌ ๐ฌ๐ก๐ž๐ž๐ญ

Main
Here
OOC
Here
Lore
Here

Sign

แดแด€sแด›แด‡ส€ แดา“ แด€สŸสŸ แด›ส€แด‡แด‡s
Roleplay Type(s)
My Interest Check
Please feel free to use whatever code (or so simple if you'd like) for the application sheet.

Picture (Realistic face claims please!)
Name
Age (range from 18-26 please)
Personality
Biography
Other (anything else you'd like to add?)

Feel free to add whatever you'd like on the role (like an extra persona or something different from what I've planned/written for them)
Add angst, romance, whatever plotline you have in mind for the characters and their partner also if you want to^^

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Characters .
3UIREoO.png
zRS7WIT.png
10UKCww.png

pVD3N1m.png
e1nPUOP.png
i41dfFy.png
Ek3Or8G.png

Fun note: There are 5 Princes in the Palace (Oldest to youngest): Crown Prince, 2nd Prince, 3rd Prince, 4th Prince, and lastly, the mischievous 5th Prince.
NEHTBIx.gif
Crown Prince
NEHTBIx.gif

{taken by Sign}
The next Prince to become the King.
Although he may seem cold and distant, it is because the King (his father) has fallen in love with the new, young Queen.
Crown Prince's mother had passed away recently and the King has been obsessed with the new queen, he has been upset about the King's infatuation.
Lots of responsibilities for this man and the one that he needs to trust most is his new, trusted eunuch.

eXLlpi6.png
The Eunuch
eXLlpi6.png

{taken}
Born to hide her identity, she has to be dressed up as a boy to hide a big secret: she was supposed to be married to the Crown Prince.
She did not know this but her family did. Before telling the female that she was going to get married to the Crown Prince,
someone has slaughtered her whole family except her and her older sister when they were just kids.
Now that she has aged into a fine, young lady, with a street-smart and wise personality, she going to become the eunuch of the
Crown Prince, in hopes of finding what went on with her family. (Let's say she passed the eunuch test by cheating)

kHP8vwD.gif
The 2nd Prince
kHP8vwD.gif

An intellect, wise Prince. Everyone knows that he is the best when it comes to brains and he is highly respected.
Many of the citizens want the 2nd prince to be the next heir but all he wants to live a life full of knowledge and serenity.
Of course, this turns all upside down when a new scholar joins their group, causing trouble. He is the second eldest next to the Crown Prince.

RMB8V2P.gif
The Scholar
RMB8V2P.gif

{taken}

Female scholar wants to learn but in this society, all women are taught to do is to cook, clean, and be a good mother.
She wants something different, and she will have to do it. Taking in the identity of her male friend to go to the palace to
study, she begins her journey in the palace, but the male scholar finds her to be a troublemaker.

X8pfksl.gif
The 5th Prince
X8pfksl.gif

{taken}
The 5th Prince lives in the palace with his parents. A bit mischievous and playful, he often goes out hiding his identity so that
he can travel around the village without being respected and be in the center of attention. He saves the Female gisaeng
after she is being chased down by some angry men (can be because she tricked them or something) and has been
interested in her ever since. He decides to take her in as a female maiden servant so that she can be kept
out of trouble. Of course, getting close to a maiden servant means trouble when a jealous maiden
whose in love with the 5th Prince finds out. He is the youngest out of the three

DUqiJuF.gif
The Maiden Servant
DUqiJuF.gif

{taken}
Life as a gisaeng, she doesn't want to live her life this way, but she had no choice.
Her parents sold her to the gisaeng at such a young age, she barely remembers it. She has many emotional wounds
and scars in her young life. Sassy and wise to menโ€™s lusty hearts, Female doesnโ€™t hesitate to use her wiles to get her way.
Deep down, from her strong determination, all she wants is to feel like she belongs somewhere. After running away from some
angry men, she bumps into the 5th Prince. He then gives her permission to become his "maiden servant" so that she can run away
from her gisaeng life under one condition: she will help him get out of the palace whenever he wants.

The General's Daughter
{taken}
Intelligent, tough, and a tomboy, the general's daughter is well known for her harsh words and boyish personality. Her swordfighting ability is much better than the soldiers and her father's tough love has thickened her to not have any room for love for anyone. Deep down though, she wishes that she was more feminine and actually wants nothing more than love from someone else.

The Cowardly Prince
{taken}
Rich, kind, and very generous, the 3rd Prince's love for his people is as big as his heart. Although this is true, his parents have forced him to take on some sword fighting class, worried that he cannot defend himself after an accident. He's the softest person that one can meet, and the most popular one of all because of his good-natured heart. One thing he has as a fear: blood and death. Will he be able to overcome this fear with the general's daughter?

Last edited:

filler! ignore

filler! ignore

filler! ignore

filler! ignore

• Wanting to believe and actually being able are two different matters.

If I believe, I can do it. Because I believe, I can do it.

"A Crown Prince bear many resposibilities."

requisite

The Moon Embracing the Sun

TMETS ost

The Crown Prince

Lim Yeon Woo

Twenty-six

Male

Born on Winter 5th

โ™กdesign by natasha., coded by uxieโ™ก

Last edited:
160609756447539385.jpg
(Face claim is Park Ji-Hyun.)

Si Yeon-Ju
----------------------------------------
-------------------------------
Female
-------------------------
"Maiden Servant"
--------------------
Yeon-Ju is a woman of many faces. On the surface she is known for being feisty and flirtatious, but in reality it has become a means of survival for the young woman. In her ideal world she would be much more modest and reserved. In fact, she would rather spend her time exploring and even mingling with nature. She enjoys the calm and serene that comes with the outdoors, although her obligations keep her away from it. Quintessentially, the woman has come to adopt two different personalities entirely: one for her clients and one for herself.

When alone Yeon-Ju is very much an idealist. She daydreams about the life she could have had and how she wishes things could be. Arguably she is quite often stuck within her own head. In some sense it serves as an escape from trauma she very much tries to distance herself from. She bears emotional scars and it leads to being a rather sensitive individual when faced to confront it. Fortunately, she has learned to be perseverant in more ways than one. She is a fighter and will simply refuse to give up.

Although Yeon-Ju possesses certain opinions she is afraid to voice them, being well aware of the consequences if a woman of such lowly status dares to speak out to her superiors. Instead, she simply remains silent giving off the impression of being a proper well-mannered and obedient woman. This, at least, is what she wants most to believe of her as a form of self-preservation. She is clever and has derived many ways to survive and even thrive in the world she has been thrust into. This includes resorting to less than savory means to get what she wants. She is cunning and not afraid to use it to her advantage; hence adopting different mannerisms for different situations she finds herself in. She does, however, wish to some day have the freedom to be genuine to who she wants to be: that is of someone who is adventurous with a drive to simply enjoy life to the fullest.
--------------------------------------------------
Life has never been easy for Yeon-Ju. Born into a poor family, she and her sister were always forced to work hard and still barely scrape by. Survival became somewhat of a family effort and by a stroke of luck(or by miracle) they made it work. For a time. It was when Yeon-Ju's sister came down with a mysterious illness that the difficulties began once more. She grew sicker and sicker while few doctors were willing to treat her at all due to social status. By the age of 12 the girl had passed away. Yeon-Ju was 10.

Distressed and desperate, Yeon-Ju's father began to gamble. He did it in hopes of winning money to support his family, but in reality he found himself falling deeply into debt. With debt came further depression. With depression came reliance on the bottle. With the bottle came further debt. With heavy debt the family was soon faced with the reality of paying it off. In lacking the means they were left with little choice but to sell off their daughter to the highest bidder. Very soon she found herself sold into the life of a gisaeng.

Yeon-Ju's life as a gisaeng was not easy. The master she found herself in the hands of was an elderly and bitter man. Unfortunately he was also rather cruel. He was not afraid to deliver harsh punishment for even the smallest of misdeeds. More than once the girl found herself being abused by the man. Under his control, she quickly learned swift obedience and also to never speak out of turn. She secretly despised both, but often it was obey or be beaten again. Very soon the reality sank in, allowing her to focus almost exclusively on mastering the skills that were now necessary to the life she lived. Like most of her status, she began to be trained extensively in the arts, and especially how to keep the upper classes entertained.

Life became rather routine for Yeon-Ju. Mostly it consisted of sleeping, eating, training, and attending social functions when requested. She even came to gain some enjoyment in spending time with the other gisaeng women, even if only to get away from their cruel master. It was much needed solace from the days of work, but she liked to believe solace would be more permanent upon the death of her master. Unfortunately, she was wrong. Instead, she was simply resold and forced to continue living the life she was bound to.

While Yeon-Ju's new master proved to be a significant improvement over her former due to his more compassionate nature, she was still not entirely happy. She longed for more, namely a life where she was free to make her own choices. Forgetting everything that had been expected of her under her previous master, she began to freely express herself as long as she was behind closed doors. She became known as a feisty woman, which only made many of her clients like her even more. Frustration began to further fill the woman, making her long for true freedom even more. It was only upon meeting a prince for the first time that her desires for freedom finally appeared possible to fulfill.
----------------------------------​

Last edited:

jeong hye-eun

the scholar

rise above. wing like flock of starlings. little day like love-this-album, like i made you a scarf, like here take my gloves. little life like letโ€™s count the hours and crawl into bed and sing to the mountains

filler! ignore

filler! ignore

filler! ignore

• requisite

full name

jeong hye-eun

nineteen

birthday

march 29th

female

role

the scholar

hair

hye-eun's hair is dark brown that looks otherwise black except under the sunlight. it reaches till about her mid-back, though it'd be rare for anyone to catch sight of it let down. hye-eun always had her hair pulled back into a braid typical of young, unmarried girls, though it's now bunned up tightly under her gwanja.

eye colour

dark brown

height

164cm (5'5")

weight

50kg (110lbs)

build

hye-eun is taller than some of the girls her age, but her figure lies on the slimmer side, thankfully concealed by the large men's robes. having been quite the active child, hye-eun picked up archery in secret from her cousin which lends her more strength than you'd expect from a little noble girl, but far from enough to overpower any experienced fighter.

โ™กcoded by uxieโ™ก

Last edited:

• LIM DAE-HYUN
    full name
    lim dae-hyun

alias name (outside palace)
    sung myung-ki

nickname
    young prince, trouble maker

role
    the 5th prince
    VISAGE
    height
    5'8

weight
    137 lbs

build
    slightly athletic due to practicing swordsmanship and his escapes from the palace

hair
    long and black. often left down unless it's an event, then it is styled up.

eyes
    dark brown

mods
    none

scars
    back of his left leg has a small scar from a failed escape.

fc
    ji chang-wook (images from 'Empress Ki' drama.)

๋ง‰
๋‚ด
์™•
์ž

coded by reveriee.

Last edited:

• CHOI SU-JIN

coded by weldherwings.

Last edited:

filler! ignore

filler! ignore

filler! ignore

filler! ignore

• There are things that we do not want to happen, but must accept. There are things that we do not want to know, but must learn. And then there are people that we cannot live without, but must let go.

I am alone, but you rest safely inside my heart.

Even as a shadow, even as a dream--come back.

requisite

Waltz in Sorrow

Nice Guy OST

The Eunuch

Park Young-Mi | Park Ye-Jun

Female | Pretend Male

character name here

โ™กdesign by natasha., coded by uxieโ™ก

Last edited:
Two roles have been updated. Please check out the two added characters.

1606940594543.png
1606940570134.pngname: Soomin Ho
role: general's daughter

virtues: brave, strong, independent, proud, determined, and justice-oriented
vices: reckless, impetuous, intimidating, restless, loud, and unladylike
personality: Soomin is a very rough around the edges girl. Acting a lot like a male rather than her fellow females. She is strong and hates being weak, having a strong pride to back that up. She loves fighting and being outdoors in the mud, and hates dresses and makeup. Even still there are times she wishes she could be pretty like other girls, her broad shoulders and muscular limbs making her self-conscious in anything feminine. Even still with her despise with the impracticality of most feminine outfits, she can not deny that some are very beautiful. She doesn't care that she is a girl and hates when anyone else does as well, her biggest insecurity being words such as unladylike.
likes: fighting, outdoors, adrenaline, weapons, sore muscles/sweat, alcohol and meat
dislikes: having her hair down, sitting still, being judged because she is female, tea, and the colour pink

appearance: Soomin is fairly tall for a female, standing roughly at 5'8 with a wide muscular build from many years of fighting. Her hair is always up in a tight hairstyle, keeping her hair out of her face at all times. Her hair is wavy strands of brown that fall not far past her shoulders. Her eyes are a pricing dark brown against her lightly tanned skin. Her nails are short and unkempt and she hardly ever wears any makeup, getting away with as little as possible. Her outfits are usually masculine and if she is forced to wear a dress it is usually highlighted with armour or fairly plain and practical.
outfits: X x X (the FC shows more feminine outfit styles for her -w-)

biography: Soomin was born to the general as his daughter. During her birth, however, her mother died, resulting in the end of her father's linage. Her father despised her, if she had been a boy it wouldn't have been a problem, but because she was a girl his family's general status that had been going on for many generations was doomed to end. Soomin desperate to reach what her father wanted studied countless hours to become a general. She spent her childhood fighting, raising herself and hardly ever seeing her father. As she got older she became one of the best fighters in the kingdom, though is not given the title due to her being a girl. Despite the hate given to her by both genders for her choices, she is still determined to become a general and surpass her father. He, however, refuses to battle her, instead of arranging a marriage for her to distract her from her mission and stop her from acting like a man. Even still she refuses to give up and will best her father.

My completed application for the eunuch role has been added to my placeholder post. Sorry for taking so long to get something out. I want to add more but I also didn't want to wait any longer.

If I don't get accepted for the one I originally applied for then I may put up an app for the 2nd prince if he's who is leftover.

The thread has been updated! Sorry, it took awhile. It took me a long time to decide the role for the eunuch.
I have placed both possibilities (what if's in the rp) and how the character can overlap with mine.
The role that was accepted for the role is AlluringRose AlluringRose . Pride. Pride. 's character was great, amazing
and the story background was really good and we (I and another person who had to compare
the two characters with mine) believe that between the two characters, it was between a
comedic/light-hearted character and a really good sageuk-Empress Ki/Hwang Yi/Damo/Chuno kind
of a style of character. Thank you all for the hard work in your applications!

I have now updated the roles and the two male roles are still open. You are still free to sign up for
one of them Pride. Pride. if you'd like! I will be taking the other role if there isn't any one interested.

The thread has been updated! Sorry, it took awhile. It took me a long time to decide the role for the eunuch.
I have placed both possibilities (what if's in the rp) and how the character can overlap with mine.
The role that was accepted for the role is AlluringRose AlluringRose . Pride. Pride. 's character was great, amazing
and the story background was really good and we (I and another person who had to compare
the two characters with mine) believe that between the two characters, it was between a
comedic/light-hearted character and a really good sageuk-Empress Ki/Hwang Yi/Damo/Chuno kind
of a style of character. Thank you all for the hard work in your applications!

I have now updated the roles and the two male roles are still open. You are still free to sign up for
one of them Pride. Pride. if you'd like! I will be taking the other role if there isn't any one interested.

I think there's definitely a strong and well-rounded cast here. It should be fun!

Congratulations AlluringRose AlluringRose ! I am a bit sad that I didn't make the cut, but I still very am excited to see how their relationship grows. This doesn't mean I am going to give up on this thread. I enjoy the story and was originally planning on applying for the second prince anyway, but I decided not to because I saw someone else has been interested. So it would appear that I will be picking up where I left off with that one. If it is alright with you Sign Sign I would like to keep Su-Jin available, I will replace her application with a prince application, but I really like her and want to keep her as a possible side character. Not that she would be involved with anything but she would be more of a just in case side character type deal. If that if alright with you of course.

Congratulations AlluringRose AlluringRose ! I am a bit sad that I didn't make the cut, but I still very am excited to see how their relationship grows. This doesn't mean I am going to give up on this thread. I enjoy the story and was originally planning on applying for the second prince anyway, but I decided not to because I saw someone else has been interested. So it would that I will be picking up where I left off with that one. If it alright with you Sign Sign I would like to keep Su-Jin available, I will replace her application with a prince application, but I really like her and want to keep her as a possible side character. Not that she would be involved with anything but she would be more of a just in case side character type deal. If that if alright with you of course.
Absolutely fine with me! Please feel free to keep her as you wish. I have no desire to ever kicking any of the characters off if you roleplayers would like to keep them. Anyone can feel free to create side characters to help advance the story forward as needed! It was a very hard decision and was a great one also (as I mentioned, it took me more than the deadline and another person to deal this with me xD)

I can only imagine how hard it was. I am glad you are letting me keep her, and I only really plan on bringing her in when it is needed. Otherwise she will be stored away until further notice. Until then I hope to make a second prince that is manages to catch your attention just as much as Su-Jin did.

Speaking of the second prince, I was wondering if you had any specific about him I need to know or can I just take the wheel and make him what I want.

Go on take the wheel! You're free to color him whatever you'd like :3
99% chance it will be accepted XD

Awesome! I already have a few ideas on how to craft this serious and would die for his brother character. My only question is, is he the son of the previous queen as well or not. I am asking because this will influence a few things about his past.

Yaaaaaas. Make the last character so we can have a full roster.

So as mentioned before, the Princes (all of them) are brothers, but they can have different mothers (or if you'd like, make him blood-related with the Crown Prince). The Prince can take either their mother's last name or the King's (Lim) and we can always blame the King for their dark, sad past if needed XD

Ooh, okay. I don't want to go too over board on the angst by making him a child of a concubine or something, so I just might end up making him the son of the previous queen but he was over looked for the most part because he wasn't the oldest child.

My character has a harsh past, but I felt it fit for her role. I'd say do whatever you feel fits.

Ooh, okay. I don't want to go too over board on the angst by making him a child of a concubine or something, so I just might end up making him the son of the previous queen but he was over looked for the most part because he wasn't the oldest child.

That would be perfectly fine I think. That often happens with royalty, where the younger children are overlooked due to not being the heirs.

Although my back story isn't completed because my internet went out and I just got it back today, my character is the son of one of the concubines and Sign was okay with it when I brought up the idea via discord.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back