• If your recruitment thread involves completely going off site with your partner(s) then it belongs in the Off-Site Ad Area.
  • This area of the site is governed by the official Recruitment rules. Whether you are looking for players or looking for a roleplay, we recommend you read them and familiarize your self with them. Read the Recruitment Rules Here.

Multiple Settings Headless Horseman RP

Aarfy

Government Official
Hello! Lately, I've been in the mood for the following plot:

A slow-burn romantic headless horseman tale, where a young lady in her early 20s embarks on a quest to return his head (after a terrorizing first meeting). I'd prefer to play the girl, however, I could play either adequately. Multiple characters will be needed to play, although they are minor and only serve to move the story in the right direction. The setting is adaptable, but something from the 1700s to the early 1900s seems easiest. A perfect fall/winter story! This would have elements of horror, mystery, adventure, and relies heavily on the supernatural. This is NOT the Legend of Sleepy Hollow, although many features are borrowed from it- I'd imagine it'd follow a combination of several fairy tale tropes. The Headless Horseman role can even be replaced with something like animated armor with the soul of a knight inside, or an undead knight within it.

General ideas:
  • Either the headless horseman or lady is royalty
  • The lady is a foreigner to the setting
  • There will be a language barrier of some sort between the two, so this will be a very action-heavy RP. Perhaps the horseman has no voice to use (something that could be recovered later, a stepping stone towards restoring his humanity), or they know very little of each others' native languages.

The plot is open to interpretation!! Just DM me if you want to set something up ^_^ A typical response from me is at least a couple of paragraphs, though I prefer to write multiple depending on the pace of the RP. If OOC is difficult here, I do have a discord so we can organize and chatter.

Here's my writing sample if needed (note that regularly my RPs are in 3rd person): Counter

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back