• If your recruitment thread involves completely going off site with your partner(s) then it belongs in the Off-Site Ad Area.
  • This area of the site is governed by the official Recruitment rules. Whether you are looking for players or looking for a roleplay, we recommend you read them and familiarize your self with them. Read the Recruitment Rules Here.

Tapfic

Sleeping
Roleplay Availability
Roleplay Type(s)
My Interest Check
The human and supernatural ( vampires, werewolves, angels, demons, etc ) worlds exist parallel to one another; evolving together, but separated by a thin veil.

The supernatural world is divided into territories, controlled by whatever monster could fight their way to the top. The only true rule is "don't cross the border to the human realm without a license. "

The Headhunter agencies are supernatural groups hired to preform whatever task those with the money need be accomplished; whether it be assassination, protection, fetching a newly woken zombie from the human world, or herding bunnies.
If you get the right agency, and have the cash- you can get it done.
Those employed by a Headhunter agency are known as "hunters", "freelancers", and "lancers".

The agencies themselves range in size from a dozen members to thousands, taking on missions as simple as finding lost cats; to preventing the apocalypses- sometimes acting as a sort of stand in law enforcement in the nearly lawless supernatural world. They, and those employed by territory heads- are the only ones with a license to cross the rift to the human realm.

This rp will center around one small agency in the Den of Wolves territory, known as Lycanthrope Headhunter agency. An old agency, known to have once been great- but has since fallen into unimportance.
Recently , a good number of the Lycanthrope's ranks have gone missing; and they are now hiring.

The world is semi-modern, with humans existing in current times- while the supernatural world tends to dislike technology. Though some inventions have made their way over.

Lore is very loose, and there will be room for worldbuilding and plot making as the rp progresses- or just in the ooc chat.
players will also be allowed to add their own missions to the quest board in the Headhunter agency as long as they run it by me, and the rest of the players first.

The vibe of the rp would be more so comedy/ found family , with a side dish of action and angst brought in by missions.

There is some more lore but. I'll put it in the CS thread.
---

Rules:

☆This would be a lit-to semi lit rp, at least a paragraph per post.
☆There would not be a strict post order, but more of a "as long as enough people have posted between you, and the next person in line has been given sufficient chance- go ahead"
☆ OOC chat will be on discord, so a discord is required
☆ monsters can be strong, but no power playing/permanently harming other chars without consent/ being rude/ etc.
☆ there will be additional guide lines and lore to making a character in the character thread post
☆ applications will not close unless it is absolutely necessary, but do NOT post in ic until character is approved by me with a heart react and discord invite

Last edited:
This sounds intriguing and potentially right up my alley. If the agency would be accepting of a Tauric Griffin, count me in ;)

This sounds intriguing and potentially right up my alley. If the agency would be accepting of a Tauric Griffin, count me in ;)
Ooh, i like that idea-
Any supernatural creature is allowed! The only big rules for choosing a creature is that the must have a secondary human form if they are not already humanoid (they dont need to have a human form in the myth; and the secondary form does not have to be entirely human ) , and no god/demi characters unless run by me first (due to specific lore )

Cool, by the way what's the level of technology in this RP?
Monsters have acess to all human technology; it's just more rare because they tend to dislike it, and dislike having it brought through the border.

Smaller and/or older technology (1960s) from the human relm is more common because getting things through the rift is more difficult now.
They do have phones that can text and call, but messages are sent via magic; and there is no monster internet.
Tv, radio, and videogames all operate on a similar mix of magic and technology. But most TV broadcasts, radio shows, and games come from the human half of the world.

There is little to no war based technology ( large bombs, machine guns, etc) because its rendered largly obsolete by magic, and there hasnt been a large war in the past 500 years.

A smaller 6 shooter wouldnt be that strange to see- but the bullets would certainly be silver.

Medically, the supernatural world is as advanced as the human one- though if one manages to find a creature that can heal; it is a lot easier to do things that way.

Monsters have acess to all human technology; it's just more rare because they tend to dislike it, and dislike having it brought through the border.

Smaller and/or older technology (1960s) from the human relm is more common because getting things through the rift is more difficult now.
They do have phones that can text and call, but messages are sent via magic; and there is no monster internet.
Tv, radio, and videogames all operate on a similar mix of magic and technology. But most TV broadcasts, radio shows, and games come from the human half of the world.

There is little to no war based technology ( large bombs, machine guns, etc) because its rendered largly obsolete by magic, and there hasnt been a large war in the past 500 years.

A smaller 6 shooter wouldnt be that strange to see- but the bullets would certainly be silver.

Medically, the supernatural world is as advanced as the human one- though if one manages to find a creature that can heal; it is a lot easier to do things that way.
Oh okay, so magic is mainstream in the RP right? Can I be a wizard/mage?

Ooh, i like that idea-
Any supernatural creature is allowed! The only big rules for choosing a creature is that the must have a secondary human form if they are not already humanoid (they dont need to have a human form in the myth; and the secondary form does not have to be entirely human ) , and no god/demi characters unless run by me first (due to specific lore )
Humanoid form, huh?

Hmm.

Unless I use a pre-mutated version of the character I have in mind (which is a bipedal Griffin), I'm not quite sure how I'd incorporate that. Unless I twist the lore of him around to be able to freely morph into the Taur, which u suppose would be pretty cool.

I'll certainly do some brainstorming though and my intrigue remains

Humanoid form, huh?

Hmm.

Unless I use a pre-mutated version of the character I have in mind (which is a bipedal Griffin), I'm not quite sure how I'd incorporate that. Unless I twist the lore of him around to be able to freely morph into the Taur, which u suppose would be pretty cool.

I'll certainly do some brainstorming though and my intrigue remains
Id be willing to help with lore in my pms if you need ^^

CS is up!
I need to sleep, but I'll start reviewing characters tomorrow- and then send out the discord links ^^

I might not be able to get a CS up for a while, but for now, I'm claiming a very specific type of dragon and some mix between a brownie and a borrower

Users who are viewing this thread

Back