• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

Futuristic He Was Right [RP] [OPEN]

Raku

Four Thousand Club
It's a calm, quiet morning in the town of Ethansberg. The market place is already bustling as the best items to first. A small groups of soldiers moved through the streets and gave respectful greetings to some bystanders. Now would be the best time to be social as everyone is exiting their homes and going to a local tavern or diner to eat breakfast.

Murphy would be sitting in his hut, because why, he had nothing better to do. I mean, he could go out and scavenge, but who cares about those soldiers, honestly? He didn't, so what was the point in giving them supplies? He would just keep them for himself, after all, he needed his flamethrower. He was obsessed with it. If he didn't have it, he could quite literally shoot himself.

He would get up, putting on his bag, and then leaving the hut. He also holstered his flamethrower on his back, ( which his backpack was over, ). He would look around, thinking. ' Shit, need to scavenge for fuel! ...Well, i'll go get it, I guess. ' He ran out of Winston.

Jared awoke to the sounds of birds chirping outside his window. The good part about living in the outskirts of the Settlement is that it's peaceful in the morning. Jared was never a morning person, so the chirps soothed his emotions slightly. With a smile he swung his legs out from under his light fur covers and let his feet rest on he floor. He home wasn't the biggest nor was it the prettiest. He basically built it from scratch with a few friends. He looked around his house as light penetrated the holes and cracks of the walls. "This is home" he chuckled as he lifted himself out of bed. He put his usual attire on. A black T-shirt, his leather jacket, his blood splattered jeans, and his little holster for his signature weapon. Slipping his ax-saw mix into it's holster, Jared left for town.

He only lived about half a mile out of Ethansberg, so it was a quick walk. He made it to the market place square in around 10 minutes after he stepped foot on the trail. He found a small bench and sat down as a few soldiers passed. The soldiers were always confused on why Jared didn't join them. He came from the Fulmer, who were known for being dangerous combatants, and he fit that bill with his rough look and evil weapon.

The Witch had been up with the dawn, out to check her traps left over night. Long were the days for The Witch, living alone outside the settlement meant all the work to be done to maintain the household; gathering food and water, firewood, was all up to herself. It was a small price to pay for the solitude she welcomed dearly. Eight traps had been laid out and she only caught two hares and a wild hen. Not great, but it would be enough for a few meals. With the game bled and strapped to the saddle of her horse she started the walk back to her cabin, hunting dogs in tow.

Today would be a market day; she needed supplies. It had been nearly a month since The Witch had been within the settlement proper. She had communicated with the local authorities as they questioned any happenings in the forest surrounding; nothing new to report, it was a rarity that there was anything new recently, though often she was able to alert the local militia when travelers were arriving. Once home she would remove morning's game from her horse and hang them out before collecting her packs. Furs, dried herbs, and a few medicinal concoctions; most of which she sold to the local apothecary whom then turned around and sold them to the locals as his own brew. It wasn't much, but it was enough to get her the items she couldn't hunt, grow or scavenge for herself.

The road into the settlement was quiet as always, she rode atop her round bellied, sway back mare; old as she was, she still held true. Satchels packaged behind her, she watched the dogs lope around the fields and forest as they went. By the time she arrived the market was already filling, stalls with vendors starting to display their wares. She dismounted and lead the mare through the growing crowd towards her first destination.

About an hour later, Murphy found himself in a small, wasted gas station. He'd check the diesel and gasoline tanks, hoping for food for his baby. ( The flamethrower, not a baby, ) He pulled out about 2 liters, may be 4, or 6 cups of diesel, and a big enough supply of gasoline to count as a galleon.

" Thank fuck, Sugar Daddy needs his food. " He'd look around, hearing nothing but leaves moving, which was the BEST SOUND TO HEAR.

Murphy started to make his way back, when he heard a gun firing in the distance. Someone was wasting ammunition, a very important thing in the wastes. The firing started to get closer, so he stepped back into the gas station, and hid in the bathrooms, starting to make more fuel, and pulling out his pocket knife.

The armored one walks into town with caution in her heart- her gender unknown as her helmet covers her up and makes her seem larger than she actually is. Making sure her swords are sheathed and tuched away so the settlers know she means no harm.

He hears the door open, right as he loads the flamethrower. He quickly kicks open the door, making sure it was a bandit, ( It was, he had the signature stuff.) he sprayed the man in flames.

Jared smiled as he took notice to the "Knight of Ethansberg" as he called them. They always had their helmet on so he could not know whether they were male or female. He stood up and approached slowly from behind. Being unseen, he knocked on the back of their helmet. "Hello, anybody home?" he said before chuckling like a hyena. To most his attitude was seen as disturbing, to him, it was how the land made him.

Magikkitten Magikkitten

Raku Raku

She turned drastically in one swift move and towered over him.. Speaking in a monotone voice so the cackling jackass wouldn't tell what she is. "Yes- though a suit is the closest thing a solider has to home. Even a traveler calls their bags a home i presume." her tone is mute and unamused by his antics.. the knights hand right on the grip of her sword.

He looks at the toasted man, thinking ' Hey, maybe this wasn't the best idea, no loot. ' He shrugs, leaving the building. As he entered town, he saw Jared and One of the tinners, as he called them, talking about something. Maybe not talking, he had no clue.

Jared smirked as the makeshift knight whipped around to face him. He could see that they were unamused as their hand shot to a swords at their side. "I suppose that's one way to look at it. In fact, I used to be the same way, a wanderer with no belongings. A nomad who would be engulfed by the very lands he traveled. A man who was changed by the land" he said with a smile. What he said did represent him in a way.

Magikkitten Magikkitten

Raku Raku

"I do not care what you used to be.. I only wish to be a help to those around me." She comments and then turns back, continuing into the settlement and sighing along the way. The armor rattling.

He comes up, poking the knight, " Hey, hey, hey! Here to take my flames for a month and make me depressed again? BECAUSE IM NOT. "

Dawn made her way though the crowds, mare in tow, to the apothecary. She knew, and it had been a long standing agreement, that she could not be seen delivering the herbal blends to the man. While most within the settlement knew where his wares came from, the man felt it would look poorly if it seemed he didn't know what he was doing. Around the back of the small open front building she tied off the mares reins to the low fence before digging out the herbs and blends she had collected.

A quick glance saw that her hunting dogs were sticking close to the mare, they were always wary of people getting to close to the house, and she mused it was likely because the mare had killed her fare share of wolves and coyotes out in the woods. She made her way up the stone path to the back of the building and gave a quiet knock before the door was opened.

"You're finally here." The pot bellied man complained, swinging the door open further to allow her to step inside. She made no comment, which was typical for herself, and entered the back of the shop to start their trade.

trentsinger4555 trentsinger4555

"Excuse me.. I don't know you." The knight pushes him back and simply keeps walking down the center of the settlement. Even yawning a bit from the pure melancholy of the people here. "Nothing remotely interesting."

Users who are viewing this thread

Back