Opinion He knows if you've been bad or good...

Prince Lutin

Not one of your FAAAAAAAANS!
I know Christmas isn't for another two and a half months, but I figured I'd ask this...

Were you afraid of getting coal for Christmas when you were a little kid?

When I was little, I actually was genuinely afraid of getting coal, especially because I was quite bratty and mischievous as a kid and often got into trouble. It didn't help that I believed in Santa longer than many kids do (I'm on the autism spectrum, and a lot of autistic people hold on to childish things longer than most people). It wasn't until I was 10 or 11 that I realized he wasn't real. I admit, I was upset when I realized that at first, but I quickly got over it, and now I'm actually glad that Santa isn't real. I feel like it's one of those moralistic stories told to children to scare them into behaving.

What about you?

Last edited:
Growing up in my household, my mom talked about Santa for a little from what I can remember. My dad didn't. Even though he's from another country, I don't think his family personally thought much of Santa. My mom never mentioned anything about us getting coal from Santa. I mean I had heard of it from other families but I wasn't afraid. I didn't believe in Santa either especially when my dad would send me in the room where my mom was wrapping presents to see what she was wrapping so...yeah lol.

I was obsessed with capturing footage of Santa as a kid, like, he was my Bigfoot or loch Ness monster. I distinctly remember one Christmas I just left a camera out with the milk and cookies with a note asking Santa to shoot a little video for me. And the big guy delivered (really it was my dad walking around doing a voice).

Was such a magical experience lol

The whole "he'll leave you coal" was never really a thing, at least not with my family. We're more like "you'll get presents if you've been good, and will not get presents if you haven't". I guess there was some incentive, but then I ended up finding out very early on that Santa wasn't really, when I woke up in the middle of the night and caught my parents distributing the presents, when I was 5 or so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back