• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

Fantasy Hawthorn Academy || Lore Page

Main
Here
OOC
Here
Characters
Here
Lore
Here
He so because my character is a former shaolin monk/witch I was thinking his magical powers could be kung fu related. (Big heads up, martial arts is my life.) Things like Qi control for an iron defense, astral projection through meditation, and in traditional chinese lore the heavenly warriors had the ability to shape shift into the various animals of the chinese zodiac (as well as things like rocks and trees and whatnot for camouflage.) Obviously because he's a witch according to the lore he can learn many other things but I figured these would be good starting powers for him as these would be the things he would have an affinity towards given his upbringing. Do those sound okay thebigbadwolfy thebigbadwolfy ?

OF COURSE NOT! The first rp I ever did was combat rp so I have a real dislike for godmodding. The "iron defense" can only be used against physical attacks and is not full proof. I'm thinking magic based attacks are going to be his Achilles heal. (By magic based I mean curses and hexes and psychic attacks like telekinesis are supereffective, whereas he can resist things like a fireball or sword well.) Like the iron defense the Shaolin monks in real life have. (They can break metal bars over their head, it's really cool.) And the shapeshifting would take a huge amount of energy and as you go up the echelon would become harder to control. A firefly could be sustained for a day, but a dragon no more than a minute with the need for rest afterwards. Does that sound fair?

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back