Journal Having A Positive Mindset When You're Not A Stranger To The Darkness!

sukaithemoonlord774

Elder Member
Good morning, fellow RPNation.com members!
I hope everyone who reads this, is able to take something from this journal and I hope this can open up more threads by other RPN members; so we can continue spreading positivity, at least on this website! :) Alright, now that we've covered the obvious goals I have for this chitchat; let's get deep and twisted! Shall we?

Okay, so to begin things I'm a not a stranger to the dark nor I am afraid of having dark thoughts. I have general anxiety disorder or GAD; and I have self-diagnosed myself that I do have slight depression. I call each of these disorders my friends Anxy and my friend Depressy, that's my way of "naming my demons". And they can become demonic towards me, at times. Especially if I'm not acknowledging the pains, I'm feeling in the moment. But what I'm learning is listen to, understand and give love for my friends Anxy and Depressy. Which can sometimes lead to me, sulking to an unhealthy degree. Which I admit, not only to my therapist to anyone who wants to know. I'm an open book, lol!

However, I am also learning how to feed the light wolf, as well my dark wolves. "The Light & Dark Wolves" are also names for the facets of my personality, that my friend gave me... I love these nicknames, as well! But in terms of feeding the light wolf (aka not sulking too much and growing from the pain; and blossoming...); I'm steadily coming back to the idea of affirmations. First I write them down, then I record them and then I listen to them non-stop for at least a few weeks. I listen to them, as long as I feel I need to hear them. Eventually, some of the affirmations become memorized in my subconscious and it's second-nature to acknowledge certain positive affirmations, I've listened to over the past year and four months. Affirmations are what work best for me, in terms of practicing having a positive mindset when I do get stuck sulking with my friends Depressy and Anxy.

Although these are certainly not my only ways of healing and dealing with my pet wolves, lol! ;) ;) Forgive my puns... But I also enjoy using music. Music is my medicine, even beyond the medicine I already take that I've been prescribed. Music is my medicine for my soul! And I don't just sulk in somber playlists, but I also love writing and recording music that frees me of the darkness I'm feeling or brings out the light I may be enjoying in my life. Whether it's from friendships or breakups or whatever it maybe, music is my healing medicine for my soul!

And I personally believe, combining music, writing and affirmations altogether are extremely powerful ways for me, personally (in my opinion) to have and keep a positive mindset even when I'm growing through something painful. Which I'm actually healing from a friendship-breakup currently, but I'm working on myself and not allowing this experience to get to me because of my friends Anxy & Depressy talking to me a little too much. I'm no stranger to the dark, but I do think that embracing light is equally important. I don't think denying the darkness is healthy, but I don't think sulking for too long (say beyond three months, depending on how long the relationship was) is healthy either. I guess, what I'm trying to say is that for me, I'm working on feeding the light wolf as well as the dark wolves, in my spirit and in my mind. I feel like, this post is really awkward... But I hope, if anyone reads this; it helps them or at the very least, you've enjoyed reading something from my perspective! Because I believe, in my opinion, you do not have to agree with everything I've typed in this post in order to enjoy it or gain something from it. I know, people won't agree with me on everything but I also know, people will agree on some things. And I think it's better to have genuine agreements, on the important things to me and honest disagreements that have respect on both sides because of my willingness to understand them and they are open to understanding my perspective (whether or not, we're totally agreeing on every, single thing we're talking about). Anyway, I'm talking too much now! So, here's my sign off...
Thanks For Reading This! :) Remember, we all have darkness & light within us (in my opinion); and it's important to feed both of them thoroughly. I hope this helped someone...
Peace Out!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back