• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

Fantasy Havenworth Academy, Currently Open!

OOC
Here
Characters
Here
Lore
Here
Other
Here
Natasha Bechdel
→ Location: School Grounds
→ Interactions: Gabe Gabe

→ Although Will seemed capable of calming Isroh down, Natasha couldn't help feeling a little grateful when Professor Porto intervened and indicated for the two boys to follow him. Isroh would be safer inside, away from whatever was freakin him out, and with a teacher. Though, she realised that would leave her standing with Oliver, (though she still thought his name was Aizan). Natasha turned back to him and resumed chewing on the drawstrings of her hoodie, which were already damp and pretty chewed up from before.

"You'll come to our watching party then," She made it sound a lot more like a statement than an invitation this time, "Isroh doesn't even know what Star Trek is, so I've decided it's my responsibility to introduce him. He didn't have a TV or something," Then, she added, "I'm sure he'll be okay, by the way. Professor Porto is really nice. All the teachers are actually. I think it's because they're like us, you know? We're like... The crew of the USS Enterprise NCC-1701- the original ship piloted by Captain Kirk. We're all different people but we're all on the same ship, metaphorically speaking. Because we're all gifted."

She'd given it a lot of thought, since it helped put things into perspective for her. Moving overseas to attend a magic school would be scary for most people but it had been even harder for Natasha. Change wasn't easy for her. Speaking of home, as the next girl stepped up for her demonstration, something about her stuck out as familiar and Natasha's gaze snapped to her. And then, it clicked: Willow was English, just like her. Sure, Willow was from the north and Natasha was from the south but it was close enough.

"I didn't know there would be other English students here," She explained for Oliver's sake, excitedly, "Anyway, I've been thinking. Isn't your ability to do with ultraviolet light? But you're so pale. Wouldn't being exposed to UV light constantly result in sunburn?"

Oliver Williams
Oliver was surprised to see how people wanted him to go with them. Such a different contrast to Seattle. He had huge grin on his face, nodding at Natasha's statement. "I'll be more than happy to aid you in this endeavour. We'll boldly go where no man has gone before!" He said, barely containing his excitement. He saw Professor Porto talked to Isroh and Will, hoping things would be alright with them. He didn't want prospect agents to go away before they join the Eclipsed Night! Natasha asked something about his power, and he returned his attention to the girl. Oliver jabbed a thumb on his chest, seemingly proud of his power. "It's part of the gift given to me by the Eclipsed Night. I'm immune to the evil influence to the sun." He waited for a second. "The official explanation is that my skin acts as a catalyzer for ultraviolet rays, and my metabolism processes and reforms the light in a way that it can be seen and touched. Because my skin acts as a catalyzer, it just reroutes the light, not actually absorb it. But I'm sure this is all how the Eclipsed Night had worked on my power. I'm truly blessed by the night." he sighed happily.
jinkx jinkx

Will
Concern flashed across his face as Alex fluttered closer as an owl. Apparently someone had noticed the whole fiasco and it was one of the last people Will would have wanted to noticed. Just as Isroh reluctantly agrees to follow Will stepped forward to follow. If Alex was going to yell at him, he'd be damned if he wasn't going to at least say something in his defense. As far as Will was concerned, none of this was Isroh's fault, it was like getting angry at the lion for hunting the lamb. Luckily Alex wanted him to come too, perhaps Alex was more understanding than he'd thought.

The second they were inside Will immediately spoke up. Dr.Porto, this isn't Isroh's fault, you can't be mad at him. The sternness in his voice just conveyed that the skater was not going to be convinced otherwise. I knew better, I should have been faster with that marker to mask the smell.

Isroh
The demon's cheeks flared red as all he felt was pure embarrassment. No, Will, that's not your job. I'm sorry Dr.Porto I should have held my breath. The poor wendigo was flustered to say the least but more than that he was upset that poor Will nearly bore the brunt of his momentary lapse in control.

Gabe Gabe

Alexandre Porto

Alex shook his head as he led them inside the building. Even though it was his first year of teaching, he was acquainted to some students, and they waved at the owl when the passed through the corridors. The walk(or flight) was short, and soon, they stopped at a door labeled with "Professor Alexandre Porto - English/Sparring and Training Teacher". Turning back to his human form, he turned the handle, making way for the students to enter.

P9200433.JPG

The room was warmly decorated, a piece of Brazil in the United States. A large painting of the Pao de Acucar[Sugar Bread] was on the right wall, and a shelf full of books about animals on the left. The table on the middle had a mess of papers and a notebook, currently showing a spreadsheet, written in Portuguese. A desktop was turned off on the farther side of the room, side by side with a small fridge, and on the other side, Porto's bed was neatly arranged. However, the weirdest piece of decoration was a piece of chain on a glass stand, right under the painting. A cozy looking sofa was on the side of the shelf, Alex pointing at it, asking for the students to sit. While they were getting comfortable, Alex took a phone, calling someone. "Hey, Fainsworth. It's Alex. Did you finish the mask thing I asked you? You did! Perfeito![Perfect!] Can you bring it to my room? Thanks!" Alex pulled a chair from the central table, sitting in front of them. "First of all, there's no punishment coming from either of you. Don't be sorry for what you are." He sighed deeply, passing a hand through his hair. "Let me tell you a story. It was a tropical summer of January. The Brazilian Institute of Natural Environment had found a wounded jaguar in a patch of forest near Rio, highly wary, desperate even. They tranquilized the animal and took it to a facility, where they treated it, stitched some wounds, disinfected his right leg and put it in a cage to heal, a large chain. The next day, the cage was empty. A man in ragged clothes escaped the facility, scared, confused with his new anatomy. The police found him on an alley, the broken chain still on his hand. They recognized the man as the one who disappeared after a walk with a mountain climbing group, a week before." He heard the door knock, and after two seconds, Fainsworth opened the door, a grey mask, akin to a muzzle, in his hands. The "mad scientist" approached Alex, a displeased expression on his face. "Here's the Filter Mask. It's uncomfortable, but it'll get the job done." He said, looking at the students. Alex smiled. "Thanks, Fainsworth. Guys, this is Maximilian Fainsworth, leader of the Support Division. He makes the things we use for training. He's a genius." Fainsworth adjusted his glasses. "Well met. Now, excuse me, I have lots of work to do." He said, leaving the room and closing the door.

Alex twirled the mask on his hand. "This is a Filter Mask. It detects blood in the air, and immediately filters it, nullifying the smell." He held it tight. "I read the student's summaries, and thought of some equipment for them. This is yours. I don't want you to wear it all the time, and since I know you have trouble restraining yourself in your episodes, I'll give it to you." He handed the mask to Will.
Demonhunter Demonhunter

BoTh

Well... Atleast they weren't in trouble, right? Will had thought he'd have to be a bit more stone hearted but yet Porto seemed understanding enough. Will settles down in the chair awkwardly as Isroh slumps over, still rather bummed about losing control over himself. He'd never done anything quite like that before but then again he rarely had the chance. His stretch of the woods was uninhabited and the people who came through seldom got this close to him. He was surrounded by at least 20 people today so the chances of an incident went up drastically.

Isroh was too distracted in thought during Alex's explanation of how his awakening happened, but Will on the other hand was listening more critically. His eyes dart to that chain in the glass box right across from them. That chain I assume then? At least they found you before something bad happened. Will glances back to the Wendigo who still nervously sipped his juice. Part of him wondered if Isroh had told them of how he came to be a wendigo. Pulling it from him himself wasn't easy as he didn't generally speak of the actual manner in which he got stuck this way. The only reason Will knew was because he knew the legends of how a wendigo happened naturally and was more disgusted anyone could eat another human, even out of desperation. Isroh only spilled to save his name. Either way, it wasn't his story to tell, and it wouldn't be his business to speak up about it.

Isroh perks as the scientist walks in handling what looked like a dog muzzle. Who had a dog? Oh wait... it was for him. He sheepishly waves at Fainsworth as does Will but as soon as he leaves the room Will's eyes narrow at the contraption. So... Your solution is to muzzle him like a dog? The skater couldn't help but be slightly offended for Isroh. He thought it was completely degrading. I'm not going to make him w-

Lets try it on. Isroh speaks up. If it could help he may as well try it. Never know when someone, namely Geralt, could bleed like that again.
Isroh, this can't be a good idea.
What'll it hurt.
Your pride, your dignity. You! I don't know.
Please? Lavender eyes bore into the ex-olympian which resulted in a pouting sigh.
Fine. Hold still. Will relents, moving to fasten the mask in place by the leather straps. Well?
Isroh blinks, trying to hold back from showing the grimace on his face. It itched, the straps rubbed against his skin funny and his ability to smell was deeply impaired. Wendigos were designed to hunt with their sense of smell being their guiding factor, meaning they had the ability to pinpoint the direction and distance of which any one smell was... this thing just evened out all the smells, mixed them together and threw off any and all tracking. Feels fine! Thankyou Alex. I-
Cool now take it back off. Will hated seeing it on him. Looked so degrading.
No, I kind of like it. How Isroh lies so convincingly. But if it stopped the smell of blood from driving him insane, he'd deal with it.

Gabe Gabe

Alexandre Porto

"No." Alex said, rising from his chair. "I forbid you from keeping this on." He looked to the window, sighing. "It's why I gave the mask to Will, not you. If I made you wear that all the time, it'll be akin to chaining myself to that cage again." He looked at the chain in the glass case. "It's for emergencies only. This mask shouldn't be in your face for more than 10 minutes, which would be the time to take you away from the smell of blood. Anything more than that and I'll throw you to detention faster than you can say 'Wendigo'. Both of you." He shook his head. "Control is hard. Harder than anything you'll go through in your entire life. Your mind will keep on asking itself 'What's wrong? Just a minute. Give in to your instincts, your desires.' You have to policy yourself all the time. I learned to control my instincts the hard way, and I don't want you to go through the same thing. That's why we'll train, more than the others. Until then, I'm going to ask for your help, Will. This is but a crutch, and little by little, we'll learn to walk without it." Alex went to the fridge, pulling three small bottles of soda. "Guaraná? My favorite." He opened one, taking a big gulp, and gave the other two to the students. "Do you understand the conditions? I didn't want this on your face, trust me. I still don't. But I want you to at least walk in these halls without fear."
Demonhunter Demonhunter

Will & Isroh

Isroh blinks before reluctantly allowing Will to take the mask off him and put it away in his backpack right next to the blades for quick access. Will had to hand it to their teacher, he had gotten him more on board with the mask now that he knew he wasn't making him wear it... or letting him keep it on 24/7. Although Will new this might would come with more babysitting, but yet, he felt as if he and Isroh would be seeing more of each other anyway. Their rooms were less than 3 feet from each other and hell, Will hadn't even slept in his own bed yet. He'd keep that one a secret although he had a feeling Alex already knew.

Thank you. I'll have one, thanks. Will smiles, taking a soda. He hadn't had anything sugary and carbonated in years, coach forbade it. But he assumed he was all clear to break the strict diet now. Not like he was ever going to see the ice again.He could see why it was Alex's favorite.. he may have to find out how Alex got these in the school and do it too! Isroh, you better listen to him. He's smart. Will adds, sensing Isroh distracting himself in his own thoughts... and he was right.

Isroh wasn't afraid of attacking anyone before today. Previous to this all keeping control was, was simply to remain well fed. But he supposed his control wasn't as good as he thought it was. He only attacked Will because he was hungry... right? Or was it a lapse in instinct? What if he really was losing control? Was that blood he smelt or just soda? Did he need the mask back on? 'Isroh, you better listen', Isroh snaps out of it, glancing back up just in time to be handed a bottle of soda. Oh... Y-Yessir. I-

If you get me thrown in detention with you, I will kill you. Will mockingly threatens, just reiterating that if Isroh somehow stole this mask from him, BOTH of them were in deep shit.
I'll be okay. I didn't need the muzz- mask before today. How hard can it be? Somehow... it felt like it was getting harder. Was it hot in here or was it just him?

Gabe Gabe

Alexandre Porto

"Great!" He finished chugging his soda. "I have plenty of those around here, if you want more, just knock. If you want to chat as well, my doors are always open." He said, grabbing the papers together, making into a neat pile. "Alright you two, since it'll be already over when we arrive there, you're free for the rest of the day. I'll have to talk to Geralt, so I'll go back." He ushered both of them away from his room and closed the door behind him. He turned into an eagle, already taking flight. "Have fun, you two. And Isroh? You're not the thing inside of you. Remember that." He said, flying back outside. Hopefully he'd be able to get the rest of the showcasing.
Demonhunter Demonhunter

Will
Well that was relatively painless. I might actually take you up on that offer. Haven't had soda since I was 13. One sip and he was hooked. Will really began to like Professor Porto, seemed like he'd been around this bush a couple of times. If he helped Isroh, he was already considered a friend of his. Jesus he'd never been so terrified in his life during that 20 seconds he was certain Isroh was about to kill him. He'd believed Isroh when he said he was a demon but he didn't truly believe he was capable of demon-like behavior until then. Alright, if we're free, Isroh lets go find you some lunch.

Isroh

Professor Porto's words rung inside his head. He might be a wendigo, but he wasn't a cannibal. Or was he? Was simply being a wendigo enough to make him one? Lunch? What was for lunch? Babies? Kittens? PUPPIES!? Oh god, please no. Thankyou Dr.Porto. Um, Yeah lunch sounds good.

What sounds good?
We should make Dr.Porto a cake. And one for Fainsworth. Kind of a Thankyou cake.
Will blinks. Why Isroh suddenly wanted to make them cakes made no sense to him but cake did sound good. That was another wonderful thing Will so rarely had. Is there even a place we can do that?
I bet the kitchen staff would be fine with it. As long as we clean up the mess. You can lick the spoon. Isroh smiles, at least trying to not overthink things.
I guess it wouldn't hurt to ask. But lunch first. Will reminds. Last thing he wanted was for Isroh to forget about it and get hungry. A hungry Wendigo was a danger to everyone and he didn't think the mask could fix that.

Gabe Gabe

Erik was still drifting in and out of the land of dreams as he dragged himself slightly away from the rest and onto a small clearing to give himself some space. He had never figured out just what affected the size, shape or attitude of the golems, and he for sure wasn't going to figure it out now. The jet lag had been sapping away at his energies like some enormous leech and the three measly hours of sleep Erik had managed to get had him feeling as if he would fall fast asleep if he remained still for much longer. "Hey." He groaned, trying to get most peoples attention, even going as far as doing a little wave. He wasn't a 100% sure that it was his turn, and he would apologize to whoever he ended up cutting off, but this had to happen now as Erik couldn't guarantee his own consciousness if he had to wait any longer.

"I'm Erik Vintervold, yeah don't try to pronounce that last name. I have been doing this for just about three-ish months and I don't have much control over what it sucks in, so I apologize if he ends up stealing anything." Erik let out a deep breath, closed his eyes and did his best to try focusing. He made a sweeping motion with his right hand, clearly straining himself as if the air around his hand offered a form resistance. A dense black orb formed in Erik's hand, and before long it started sucking in random objects. It took in some grass, sand, a hairpin or two, dirt, a few rocks, the pile of wood and bones the wendigo had left behind and slowly started to form itself by layering materials on top of each other; but to Erik's small delight, the golem had taken a shine to the wendigo skull and chose to use it for a headpiece. The golem was about the size of four grown men. It had huge, bulky arms and stood in front of Erik like some sort of shield. "Tadaaa! It's a golem." Erik said cheerfully, like some sort of magician reaching the end of an elaborate magic trick.

(I'll be adding a bit more to the start, but nothing that will affect how things turn out. It will mostly be about when he arrived and that sort of thing. I just had to get something up as my work is slowly draining the life from my body.)

Last edited:
Misaki Himegami
Misaki looked around and sighed, noiselessly passing air through her throat. She wanted to talk to people but she had been rendered mute because of Walter's first death and she didn't wish for him to be killed again. She rather liked having her senses but if Walter died again....She shook her head, shaking the unpleasant memories that welled up whenever she began to think of that. She then spotted a couple students talking to each other, the pale one and the force field girl. She looked at Walter, who was standing with his back to her looking like an ever present bodyguard than a butler. She gave a mischievous smile before bolting over to the couple of students, waving at them with her left hand. She maybe unable to talk because of the contract but she didn't want that to deter her ability to make friends. But began to curse herself mentally for allowing Walter to speak for her, instead of learning sign language like her uncle asked her to. How was she supposed to talk to them when her vocal cords were permanently dead to the world?!
With: jinkx jinkx Gabe Gabe

Last edited:
Geralt
Geralt nodded at Mr. Vintervold, content with the summon. "Looks rather solid young man, excellent work." Geralt checked off a small box in his folder and was content to scribble a few notes here and there. He quickly stashed it to his side and clapped his hands for the students attentions. "Alright kiddos, that's a wrap. Good job and all that. Lunch will be held in the cafeteria, you should know where that is from the map you were given last night. It's fairly nearby your dorms as well." Geralt lit a cigarette briefly before continuing. "You have the day free from classes. Take a shower, get friendly, I don't care all that much. If you need me, I'll be in my office." Geralt yawned and began to slowly make his way back towards the academy,one hand on his castigate and the other on his folder.

Headmistress Reese (GM)
Headmistress Reese smiled at the students. The performances were all rather extraordinary. A few extreme cases, but nothing the faculty couldn't handle. All of them could be improved with hard work after all. She looked at the clock in her office that overlooked the school grounds, and noted that it was about noon. The students would be getting something to eat soon. Reese idly checked a small pocket-watch that did not display the time, but rather had multiple hands leading to several different scribbled notes. "Perfect. Their first exam will be right on time then."

With: Everyoneish

Azura Cunobelinus
Azura hummed as she looked at the students with a dancer's eye and catalogued everything into categories but she also looked at everything with a critical eye. But she left the students to mingle amongst them and make friends. She would be in her office if anyone needed advice.
"I do wonder what everything is going to be like with them here...Oh, what am I saying? It'll be a fun year~! Though I would need to nip some problem children in the bud before the behavior gets out of hand, nothing overly dramatic but enough to get them to listen a bit."
She muttered out loud.
With: No one

Last edited:
Alexandre Porto
Alexandre arrived back at the school grounds just in time to see Erik's presentation. It was a cool power, but he read that he couldn't control them. It was dangerous to have a summon walking around like that. Alex didn't bother to change back into human form, and when Geralt dismissed the students, Alex nodded. "We'll start with the training tomorrow. Be ready, everyone." He flew side by side with Azura, heading to the cafeteria. He flew from her right side to the left. "Hey, Azura, before you leave. I'm worried about that kid, Soren. I'm not well versed in dealing with people like that, so can you talk to them at some point? I'll be at the cafeteria if you need me." He said, flying upwards, near the roof of the school, shouting Geralt. "Hey, Rex! Wanna have lunch together?"
RoyalPhoenix32 RoyalPhoenix32 Aeshae Aeshae

Oliver Williams
Oliver was too invested in the prospection to watch Star Trek with his...friends? Friends. He didn't pay attention to the last showcasing. He did, however, pay attention to the girl with the butler. Misaki, was it? He waved her back, and when she approached, he watched the butler, still oblivious to the disappearance of his master. "That man doesn't leave your side, does he? Anyway, are you here to join the Eclipsed Night? Anyone is able to join, the only requirement is a fighting spirit and willing to uncover a global conspiracy!" He took a small notepad and pen, scribbling something. "Butler strong... knight? Misaki silent type?" He muttered as he kept writing.
jinkx jinkx

Geralt
Geralt eyed Alex, flying overhead. It was well known among the colleagues that Geralt's ability allowed him to live without food or sleep, and thus he was not often invited to go share a meal. Lighting a cigarette he shrugged, and jammed his thumb in the direction of the cafeteria. "Yeah, I'll meet you inside after I drop off some stuff in my office."

Geralt quickly made his way to his office, which directly connected to his classroom.
images

Unlike the other classrooms, his was extremely simple and without traces of more modern forms of teaching such as smart boards or projectors. Instead, he opted for a board and chalk. It was what was familiar to him, and even reminded him of his youthful days when he was only 63. Ah how time flew...
Geralt quickly took a key out and unlocked an adjoined door that led in to his own private office. The room was fairly large, yet only had the barest of the bare. Geralt had a filing cabinet that served both his teaching and his deputy duties that he relied on often. On the far wall was a simple sabre, a gift from... Well, that hardly mattered now anyways. Geralt threw his folder on the desk, locked up his room, and soon found himself inside of the cafeteria.

There were a few students from this morning already milling about, but the majority of the other students inside were upper years. Geralt quickly ordered, much to the lunch staff's disbelief, a black coffee and ham sandwich. The barest of the bare, especially at a school that had cuisine from all over the world, but it's what Geralt was comfortable with. Plus forcing his body to digest foods was still a bit weird to him, and it was easier if he just ate easy foods. Still though, he did love his coffee.

Much to the relief of those around him, Geralt was content in putting away his smokes and instead opted for taking a seat at a long table and sipped on his coffee, waiting for Alex, and maybe some of his other colleagues, to arrive.

With: Gabe Gabe NerdyBirdy NerdyBirdy RoyalPhoenix32 RoyalPhoenix32

Natasha Bechdel
→ Location: School Grounds
→ Interactions: Gabe Gabe RoyalPhoenix32 RoyalPhoenix32

→ Although she was surprised to see Misaki, (was that her name?), rush over to them, Natasha wasn't as bothered by her not being able to talk. She hadn’t started talking until she was eight, much later than her neurotypical peers, so it was familiar to her. As Oliver started scribbling, she peeked curiously over his shoulder but she wasn't able to make out any of the words- shorthand was even harder for her to read than regular text. She gave up immediately. Instead, Natasha cast her gaze back to Misaki.

"Do you sign?" She asked, hopefully, "My speech developed pretty late, so I used to be nonverbal too. My mum and me used to sign to each other. It was a long time ago but I can still read a little," Suddenly, Natasha was struck by an even better idea, "Or if you want, maybe you can write to us? Give her some paper from your notepad, Aizan. I think I have a spare pen."

Quickly, she retrieved a black pen from the pocket of her hoodie and offered it to Misaki. Then, she heard Geralt announce that it was time for lunch and they should head towards the cafeteria. From her seemingly endless pockets, Natasha pulled her out her map she had been given yesterday with a flourish- of course, she had kept it on her person. For a second, Natasha studied it before slipping it back into her pocket.

"Walk and talk? Or walk and write?" Natasha suggested, as she started to walk back towards the building and hoped that the others would fall in step with her.

Soren Collins
→ Location: Cafeteria
→ Interactions: Open

→ Still reeling a little from what had happened that morning, Soren found themselves following the general flow of the crowd towards the cafeteria. Usually, they weren't a strong believer in the idea of following everybody else and hoping for the best but they'd tossed their map in the trash last night, wondering why they would ever need a map. They guessed this was karma as they shuffled into the cafeteria like a sheep.

Admittedly, the amount of options for lunch took them aback. They did actually hold up the rest of the line because they were so unfamiliar with having so much to choose from. Back home, it was "here's your lunch, eat it" and if they didn't like it, it was that or nothing. For breakfast and dinner, whatever they could find at home that was edible. They were used to surviving, not the luxury of picking anything they wanted. In the end, they ended up with a mountain of food and a lot of annoyed students hissing for them to pick something already.

Standing in the cafeteria, Soren pondered where they were supposed to sit. Obviously, they didn't have any friends but it was never as simple as that when it came to high school cafeterias. At their old school, the burnouts and loners had cornered a table in the corner and silently made a rule to never speak to each other. Here, they were lost, eventually settling at an empty table and making sure to keep their head down as they ate. Don't draw attention. If you somehow do, make it clear you are not a victim.

They scowled at anybody who dared to look at them.

Last edited:
Misaki Himegami
Misaki shook her head and pointed to her throat then her mouth, before shaking her head in a negative manner...Walter seemed to appear from nowhere and bowed a bit to them before looking at Misaki with a slight angered expression on his face but seeing that she was trying to make friends chuckled a bit.
"Walk and write is a prefered method with her, as she has lost her voice two years ago. And no, she isn't the silent type, it was forced upon her. If she had her voice, she would be talking a mile a minute to both of you with much enthusiasm."
He said, with a small smile before holding the back of his head when Misaki whacked him lightly. He chuckled lightly as Misaki huffed and looked at the two. Misaki took the pen from the girl...Natasha was her name correct?

With: jinkx jinkx Gabe Gabe

Azura Cunobelinus
Azura heard Alex talk to her and heard about the problem child, Soren, before thinking of the situation herself. Most problem children either came from bad backgrounds and lashed out in response to rid themselves of any pain they may have. Either verbally or physically. She sighed but nodded in response to him. She'll talk to them and at least try to get them to not be show offish. Showing off one's powers was fine and all but it could get to their head and cause them to bring their happy asses to the school, which would make Headmistress highly upset. It was before she remembered that lunch was happening and ran to the cafeteria to see Geralt sitting at the long table. She sat down at the table with a sigh.
"Remind me not to run in the halls. Got caught up with talking to Alex."
She said, leaning her head back.

With: Gabe Gabe Aeshae Aeshae NerdyBirdy NerdyBirdy

Last edited:
Alexandre Porto

Alex turned himself back to his normal form, and asked for something native to his country. The kitchen was well versed in brazilian cusine, so it was a matter of time until a plate of rice and feijoada was in front of him. A tentative spoonful was all it took for Alex to grin, thank the staff and go to where his colleagues were sitting. He caught up Azura's sentence, and as he started eating, a blissful expression in his face, he pointed the spoon to Azura. "So is flying, but us teachers have some leniency regarding some things." He looked at Rex's food, and shook his head. "The blandest lunch ever. I know that you don't need to eat, but c'mon." Sighing, he kept eating. "So, let's talk shop. I asked for that kid, Soren, to give me a verbal essay on 'why is he here'. I'll be sure to relay what he says to you, Azura. He's my main concern, out of the bunch, the rest seems easy enough. Well, easy in the figurative sense, we have a delusional kid and a 'gifted' butler on our class." He said, motioning the quotation marks on the air.
Aeshae Aeshae RoyalPhoenix32 RoyalPhoenix32

Oliver Williams

Frankly, Oliver was a little bit intimidated by Walter. He seemed pleasant enough, but with a certain aura around him that screamed "A wrong step and you'll be sliced meat". He ripped the sheet he wrote, and closing the small notepad, gave it to Misaki. The notepad was clearly handmade, a drawing of a black moon adorned its cover. The drawing wasn't well done, but at least got the job done. "Here, you can keep this. Every agent gets one of these as a part of a welcoming kit. I know that you're not an agent yet, so I'm giving this as a sample. I have more of these, I keep them around in the occasion I get an idea for a story." He said. When it was his turn, he asked for the default option, not knowing the menu, and when he grabbed his food, he scanned the room, his eyes setting on the kid who made fun of him on the showcase. His gaze was met with a scowl, and he reflexively averted his eyes, looking down to his food, wishing that nothing would happen to him on his first day on the new school. "S-so, where will we sit?"
jinkx jinkx

Misaki Himegami
Misaki gladly took the notepad and began writing, a lot. Since she had gone mute a couple years ago, she couldn't express herself as normally as she would. She wrote questions and statements, more about herself than Walter but he could talk about himself and she could 'talk' as well, write. Oliver was just so cute with how he looked and acted. She did have a slight urge to hug him and...She stopped her thoughts and looked about with tears beginning to prick her eyes as her vision began to swim with unknown and unwanted scenes. Walter was looking around as well before catching his mistress distress and mentally cursed himself for having to help his mistress through an episode...in front of many people. Her eyes began to take a crimson tint and a butterfly of the same color was slowly appearing on her throat as her hair began to whiten. Walter got food as well, for him and Misaki, before setting it down at a table close to the door and gently pulled Misaki to the table, motioning the others to follow as well. He hoped to not draw as much attention to her person than already but once her episode began, it was near improbable to get her out of it.

With: Gabe Gabe jinkx jinkx

Azura Cunobelinus
"'Gifted' doesn't quite suit him. I...felt much more power in him than what he showed. Perhaps there is more to Himegami than meets the eye. And we don't know how she awakened her power as well. It garners more attention to her than previously thought. If what the butler says is true, than Alex, you have your work cut out for you."
Azura said as she looked at both her colleagues. She couldn't just shake them feeling that there was more to the summon and his mistress than meets the eye. She couldn't say that she had a knack for finding out the truths in places but whenever murky water was presented to her, she had to clear it to know what was beneath those depths. Sometimes it was painful, dangerous, or not worth it. She knew somethings about families she didn't want to know and it had broken them apart because of such information but it was part of life, nothing was going to be painless and happy.

With: Gabe Gabe Aeshae Aeshae NerdyBirdy NerdyBirdy

Last edited:
Isroh and Will had been having a grand old time, Will managing to find Isroh a nice beef stew. Gravy was always great. Although he was on about the third bowl of it. Why though? No not because Isroh was hungry, it was solely because he was terrified that if he was the least bit hungry after this he might attack someone. Once again he'd never had this problem before, but in Isroh's mind his concerns were perfectly valid... and were monopolizing all of his thoughts.

Isroh? Will had to raise his voice a tick. He'd been trying to get Isroh's attention for the past minute but he seemed so distant. Weird.
Ah, what? The wendigo's attention pulls away from his less than pleasant thoughts.
Friends are here. They should sit with us. Will insists. Usually he was the one to balk at social situations... but Isroh was acting incredibly strange. Being the extrovert Isroh usually was, other people tended to make him feel better to maybe it'd clear his mind a bit. Will waves hoping Natasha and Azian would see them. He didn't know the other girl with them well, if he could remember correctly she was the one with the neato butler. The more the merrier he guessed.

jinkx jinkx Gabe Gabe RoyalPhoenix32 RoyalPhoenix32

Dr. O entered the cafeteria last, their presence a cause for attention from a few of the older students waiting in line. They knew Dr. O never set foot in the lunchroom except to confer with the other teachers. That often resulted in students having either detention or personal training with the entity. Students were still unsure which was worse.

Dr. O approached the long table where their colleagues were seated and took a seat next to Porto. They placed their hands together in a sort of finger pyramid as data flashed across their helmet. Probabilities and statistics. As their colleagues discussed the students, Dr. O was calculating.

With: RoyalPhoenix32 RoyalPhoenix32 Gabe Gabe Aeshae Aeshae

Rex Geralt
Geralt sniffed at his sandwich as Azura sat down next to him. He nodded at her, still eyeing the thing, "Well, let's just call it even for giving the kids a wakeup call this morning for the shower incident. I can't tell you how hoarse my throat gets every year for telling kids to wake up." With a sigh, he set the sandwich down, content to just sip on his coffee. "I appreciate you bringing this up though Azura. Quite honestly our last councilor was a bit... Lackluster, for the lack of a better word." Geralt grimaced in thought, "Not to mention I'm a bit rough around the edges. Brawn isn't the answer to everything. What I'm trying to say is I'm leaving this in your hands to get to really know the students, but don't burn yourself out before the semester ends."

Geralt nodded at his Brazillian colleague, turning his nose up to the food at the table. "After a lifetime of sensations, you quickly learn that food is quite disgusting. I try to eat for the social aspects. It's like drinking," Geralt added with a sigh, taking a small bite of the sandwich. "Only much less fun. At least, I imagine it is." The difficult part of having regenerating cells was that it was a bit difficult to get drunk, as his body literally just destroys anything that isn't up to perfection and instantly regenerates it. A light buzz was all he could muster, and even then it would only last for a bit. If he could drink though, the things he would be forgetting.

Geralt smirked at Alex. "Good, the verbal report should be good. I've read his files, like I trust you all have. They're not a bad kid, just a bad environment." Geralt then turned to Azura, chipping in. "Listen, I've seen only one or two gifted with summons like that. I think she'll be alright. Only if she makes the distinction of who the actual person is in charge though. Best of luck pal." Geralt added, sarcastically slapping Alex's arm from across the table with a shit eating grin.

He spotted Dr. O from across the room, the easily identified being making its way here. Once it sat down, Geralt leaned closer to his colleagues, hushing his voice. "Now I know you are all new here so you don't know about this. Uh, I guess except for you Doc. Anyways, there's going to be a mock exam for the students coming up, and we have to observe. We aren't allowed to intervene, but if we do, there will be large consequences." Geralt leaned back, absentmindedly taking a bite from his sandwich before making a face at his mistake. "I don't know all the details since the headmistress likes to shake things up, but last year the students were put in an underwater cave... In the ocean's depths. The year before that they were sent to a desert and made to come back."

With: RoyalPhoenix32 RoyalPhoenix32 Gabe Gabe NerdyBirdy NerdyBirdy
Notes: Geralt can eat, he's just really tired of most things in life including food

Natasha Bechdel
→ Location: Cafeteria
→ Interactions: Gabe Gabe RoyalPhoenix32 RoyalPhoenix32 Demonhunter Demonhunter

→ Oliver seemed intent on keeping up the whole Eclipsed Night thing, which Natasha could half understand from the point of view of somebody who adapted science fiction shows as their guide to real life. She decided not to comment on it- he wasn't hurting anybody, so let him believe whatever he wanted. All Natasha could hope was that he didn't expect her to join his made-up cult at any point; she wouldn't.

When they reached the cafeteria, Natasha lined up with the others to order and collect her food. This room was nothing short of a sensory nightmare- loud, bright, full of people. A lot of older students were here, who she stared at curiously. She was grateful when Misaki and her.... Butler chose where they would sit and slid into one of the seats gratefully. She took a sip of her drink and forced herself to wave back at Will, who was sitting at a different table with Isroh.

Oblivious to Misaki's panic attack, Natasha gestured for them to come over here instead of vice versa. Now that she had picked a seat, she intended for that to stay her seat for the foreseeable future. She did think it was odd that Will was doing the talking, when he seemed like the more introverted one but brushed it aside; hoped Isroh was feeling better. Maybe they could be a group of five, like the Breakfast Club (they'd need to corner at least two more people before they could be a sufficient Enterprise Crew).

"What've you written?" Natasha asked Misaki, as she had been trying her best to look past the butler that seemed to talk for her. It was only as she looked at her, expectantly, that she realised something might've changed. She couldn't work out what it was- but something was different.

She proceeded with caution, "Are you... Angry? Did we do something wrong?"

Dr. O nodded, their helmet now displaying shots of random locations. “Headmistress-Reese-has-exploited-the-Uncertainty-Paradox-to-prevent-Doctor-Ouroboros-from-seeing-the-exam. She-will-not-make-a-concrete-choice-of-venue. Student-probability-of-survival-in-flux.” Dr. O informed their colleagues.

To: Aeshae Aeshae

Misaki Himegami
Walter to Natasha and shook his head, but instead went to the table with the wendigo and metal user. More people around Misaki, the better chances are for her to come back faster. He also got the food as well once Misaki was seated.
"She isn't mad or angry. Her thoughts have triggered a relapse. It only happens when she thinks of either how her awakening her happened or something highly disturbing, which is rare for a trigger to happen, but it happens. For now, all we can do is try not to snap her out of it as it'll cause her to lash out with everything she has. Once she begins, it'll become clear why she has no recollection of her awakening."
He said as he set the food down, three plates full of food. Knowing how exhausting such relapses could be on Misaki, she would be starving.
"But by no means do you try to make the relapse go faster. Being around people does the process go faster. It maybe disturbing to be around her when the relapse happens but, she needs support of friends, and not just me. I'm only able to do so much, but I stay sane through the whole thing....Ah, it begins..."
He further said before looking at Misaki as her hair was now a near white and the crimson butterfly blazed brightly on her throat while her eyes became a near crimson as the blue fought to remain but alas, it was drowned away by the color as she held her head with her eyes being blown wide in a show of emotion akin to panic, horror, and disgust. The soft laughter, no sound, soon became with sound and Walter held his head as her laughter began to rise in volume. Her head was thrown back and the sound echoed throughout the cafeteria. Everyone saw the near white hair, blazing crimson butterfly on her throat, full crimson eyes, and laughing in misery while crying and holding her head.

With: Gabe Gabe jinkx jinkx Demonhunter Demonhunter
Note: The trance begins~, let the investigation begin on why this is happening~

Users who are viewing this thread

Back