• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

Futuristic HAVEN (Closed)

Rico (Recall)

State of being: Adrenaline

Nearby: Boss man and his Secretary.

ed55035c36c4ad2fbd23ba5056c3b3b2-jpg.170732

CHARACTER SHEET

Returning to her room, she collected her weapon and a couple clips. Neither of which went into the weapon. Instead, the gun and clips locked onto the side of her belt. It was more for show than anything.

Minutes later, she handed over her belt to the security detail at the gate for the upper level access. After reaching the correct door, Rico knocked and waited for her employer for the day to answer. Rico stood in the living room of the over sized condo, staring out the window, as the man rambled off his rules. Once he finished, Rico gave a nod to the overweight middle aged man, "Got it."

Once her charge and his assistance had collected their things, Rico and the pair made their way out to the ground level. Rico put on a good show, clearing a path for the pair, as they made their way down to the subway platform. Arriving a few minutes before nine, Rico took care, to direct her group off to the left side of the platform, using the wall of cement, as a natural barrier. Keeping the big man and his secretary tucked between a barrier, the wall and Rico standing in front of them, they were secure for the moment. The pair made themselves busy on their tablets, no doubt doing 'important' things. Rico on the other hand, kept watch over the crowd. While she greatly doubted anyone would try anything there was not going to be a paycheck if something happened to them during big man's travel.

Standing idly, Rico's gaze shifted across the crowd, hidden behind a pair of purple tinted glasses. It was subtle at first, the tremors. If not for her optical implant, and purposely focusing on her surroundings, Rico was certain she would have missed it.

"Something's wrong," she muttered under her breath. Shifting her attention back over her shoulder, Rico worked to decide what to do with the uppy and his helper. Getting them back up was the best bet. "We need to go back up to the ground level," Rico turned around motioning for the pair to move.

Instead the brunette stared at her with a look of shock and disgust before looking to her boss for instruction. The bloated gray haired man shook his tablet at Rico snarling, "Excuse me? No. I tell you what you do. You don't tell me what I do. Now we are getting on that train and you are going to keep your mouth shut. Your job is to be my dog. Dogs don't order their masters around."

By the time he was done ranting, his face had turned several shades darker. Rico worked to hide her true feelings on his words behind a stone cold resting expression. The quakes were already stronger. Enough so that others in underground terminal had started to notice. The window for making it up ground level was already closing.

Before Rico could voice her concerns, a warning flashed over the man's screen. Apparently he was in the know because no one else' screen had lit up with a notification. The beet red color, fueled by rage, shifted to a pale sickened gray hue.

Rico closed the gap between them and glanced down at his screen. Pointing down at the screen she could not help but cut in with a smart ass response, "So did you want your dog to get this one or you got this?"

The advertisement screens and holographs that polluted the underground platform suddenly switched to display images of a massive creature, as the quakes rippled through the underground tunnels. Suddenly, a push from behind sent Rico tumbling into the pair. Working to find her feet, another surge from the crowd sandwiched them against the wall. Screams and yelling echoed down the tunnels, as the head lights of the incoming train appeared. Grabbing the man by his arm and the brunette by the back of the neck, Rico worked, half dragging them toward the tunnel as another surge of people came in as the doors to the train opened.

Finally, making it to the edge of the platform, Rico felt the woman dig her heels in as she shrieked, "What are you doing?! I'm not going down there. There are rats down there!"

Rico smirked and gave a forceful shove, maybe more than was necessary, sending the woman over the side down onto the tracks. Luckily the guy took a hint and climbed down willingly. Once dropping down herself, Rico removed the shades covering her eyes and pulled out her weapon using the flashlight function on it to light the few feet in front of them. The quakes only grew stronger causing dust and rubble to sprinkle down on them.

"Come on, let's keep going. There should be a service tunnel down here that we can hide in."

tumblr_om4vh1CSxN1u9xqtso1_500.gif

Last edited:
Iris "Quinn" Tetrick

State of being: Scared, stressed but determined

Nearby:

@'s:

caragia.png

Quinn looked down at her smartwatch. When she saw that it was a half past eight, she tapped her foot, almost as if that would make the train arrive faster. ”Crap…I’m going to be late. Dad’s gonna kill me,” she groaned under her breath. Why does he always insist on early morning rehearsals? It’s not like we don’t practice all the time. Quinn sighed with a frown as she looked around in her surroundings. That was when she noticed a little girl in the corner singing. Quinn smiled as she listened. With her enhanced hearing, she could hear the girl—even though her the music was still playing.

It was then that she heard a slight rumbling sound. Quinn’s eyebrows drew together and frowned as she pulled the earbuds from her ears. She then looked down at her watch and pulled up the app that corresponded with her implants. Quinn fine-tuned her hearing and listened.

Another, slightly stronger rumble sounded. Then another. Something’s not right. Then, she heard it. The awful roar. Another, stronger tremor rocked the terminal. Just then every tablet, advertisement screen, and communication device flashed a horrid visage of a green terror attacking the city.

"Warning! A Category 5 creature has engaged the compound. Seek cover. Do not attempt to interfere with Military operations. Marshall Law Is Now In Effect."

Then it happened—another terrible tremor rocked the terminal, loosening concrete from the ceiling and walls. Quinn dodged a large piece of rubble that nearly squashed her. Screams of terror and panic sounded as everyone in the terminal tried to escape to safety. Quinn curled into a ball as she covered her ears to alleviate the pain coming from the cacophony of sounds assaulting her ears. She struggled through the pain as she tapped her watch to turn the volume down so that she could function. Quinn rose to her feet, albeit unsteady, all the while attempting to not be pushed or trampled amid the panic. I gotta get out of here! She pulled her bag close to her as she looked about for an exit. It was then that she noticed the little girl from earlier was bloodied and sobbing hysterically. “Mommy?! Where’s my Mommy?! Some plant creatures tried to take me away! I want my Mommy!!”

Just then, the nine o’clock train pulled in opened its doors, and hosts of people poured from the train like a bursting dam. The pandemonium increased. Quinn pushed her way through the chaos to get to the girl. Once she reached her, Quinn crouched down, hugged her, and looked the poor girl over. ”Shh…shhhh,” she murmured. ”It’s going to be ok. You’re safe. Now I need you to help me look for your mama.” Quinn looked around to searching for the girl’s mother.

Last edited:
Niko

State of being: Full throttle

Nearby: Quinn, Rico, et al.

ManicMuse ManicMuse Caragia Caragia

81580_600.jpg

Niko sprinted towards the direction of the subways, making sure to clear out any vagrant, junkie, or slummer he came across. Herding them into the deeper portion of the maintenance tunnles. His communication device was lit up like a Christmas tree, but He didn't bother with it. Niko knew his job, he needed to get as many people as far underground as he could. As he neared the subway terminal Niko saw a tough looking woman practically dragging a pair of people deeper into the tunnels.

"
Hey, you!" He shouted to her "Head down about a hundred and fifty yards and take the left maintenance tunnel. Send anyone you pass that way. I'll meet ya' there in about fifteen." He Gave her the thumbs up as he finished, sprinting past them.

Shortly thereafter, Niko reached the chaos that was the subway platform. The sight and sound of mass panic was more nightmarish to Niko than the thought of plant-zilla, He quickly broke into the cashier's booth and snatched up the intercom.

"
ATTENTION CITIZENS... I'M GOING TO NEED YOU TO STOP PANICKING BEFORE I HAVE TO SHOOT SOMEBODY." Niko smirked a little as the frightened crowd gave the booth their attention.

"Who are you!?" "What do you want from us!?" some of the shouted at their new adversary.

"
OKAY COOL... NOW, DIRECT YOUR ATTENTION TO THE NEARED DOOR TO YOU THAT SAYS NO ENTRY BY UNAUTHORIZED PERSONS. CONGRATULATIONS, YOU ALL ARE NOW AUTHORIZED PERSONS. PLEASE ENTER THE DOOR AND MAKE AN IMMEDIATE RIGHT, THIS WILL BRING YOU GUYS INTO THE OLD MAINTENANCE TUNNELS, WHICH IS RIGHT NOW SAFER THAN THE SURFACE OR HERE."

Niko exited the booth and began corralling people into the maintenance tunnels towards what he'd hoped was relative safety.

Last edited:
Rico (Recall)

State of being:Annoyed and waiting.

Nearby: Boss man and his Secretary.

@: Sludgemouth Sludgemouth

CHARACTER SHEET

The brunette began to follow Rico down the dark tunnel and instantly stumbled skinning her knee. Rico used her light to inspect the wound. A bit of gravel was embedded in the woman's knee. It looked painful but she would live. Each of them draped the injured secretary's arm over their shoulder and carried her along, as she hobbled with a limp. Given the height of her heels, the three of them were not moving too quickly. Caught up in dragging them deeper into the tunnel, Rico did not even realize a man was heading right toward them. Rico jumped a bit when the new voice struck her.

"Hey, you!"

Looking in the direction of the voice, Rico was shocked to see it was the guy who had been getting harassed by the young pair in the diner a few hours prior.

"How the hell did he get down here?" Rico muttered the words to herself watching him stroll on by.

"Head down about a hundred and fifty yards and take the left maintenance tunnel. Send anyone you pass that way. I'll meet ya' there in about fifteen."

With another harsh shudder to the walls around them, Rico was not about to argue or question the helpful advice. As he gave them a thumbs up, Rico chuckled and continued to drag the sobbing woman along.

"You heard the man. There might even be a first aid kit down there."

After a few more minutes of heaving along, they came to the maintenance tunnel and a storage room hidden within it. The suited middle aged man tended his sobbing secretary. Rico could not help but roll her eyes but not before frowning at the distant sounds of weapons being discharged on the wall high above. Quite honestly they were likely much better off than most of the citizens of Haven and Rico knew it.

Finding a few lockers, Rico used the hilt of her weapon to crunch the lock function of the lockers and search them for useful items. Finding a first aid kit, Rico moved over to the hysterical woman and knelt down.

"Alright, alright. Let's get you cleaned up." Her attempt at calming the woman was met with a louder wave of wailing. "Yeah, this one is on you, boss man. I'll go make sure the area is secure." Passing of the kit to the bewildered man, Rico climbed to her feet and disappeared out of the room, being sure to close the door behind her. Keeping to the reinforced tunnel way, Rico was sure to put a few hundred feet between her and the room where the crying continued. How someone could be so worked up about a skinned knee and walking through a dark passageway, while people were likely dying on levels above was beyond Rico's comprehension.

Zachary Beyston

Location: Home > Maintenance tunnels > Subway maintenance storage room

State of being: Tired, stressed

Nearby: Rico and company

@'s: ManicMuse ManicMuse

2KxBybx.png
As the blast shutter slowly lowered its final foot and a half, the crowd outside continued screaming, crying, begging to be let in. A woman, no older than thirty, held a child, bundled against the cold, to her chest. She was pleading, desperately, "Take my child! Forget me, but, for the love of God, take my child!" And Staff Sergeant Beyston of the United States Army could do nothing about it. According to the orders his unit commander had given, Haven was now at capacity. It could not hold a single more person, or the fragile balance planned by the Genesis corporation would be broken, and Haven would be doomed from the start. Training his rifle along the ever-narrowing gap between the blast door and the hangar floor, Beyston watched, alert, to make sure no one sneaked across in the chaos. As the blast door covered its last few inches, the woman's please became higher and higher pitched, grating on Beyston's ears, and soul. He could not let her in, or her child. As much as he wanted to, he could not.

"Please! My child! Please! Please!" The words became more regularized, almost monotonous, but still soul-wrenching. "Please! Please! Please! Plea--"

Zachary Beyston woke with a start, head to his workbench, back aching from the hours it had spent in that position. Blinking his eyes wide open, Zachary grunted, and, peeling his head off the bench, pushed himself upright. Fell asleep in the middle of your work again, he berated himself mentally. Getting old, now, are we? Cracking his neck, Zachary frowned, and began looking around for the source of the damnable beeping that had woken him. As his eyes caught on the smoking soldering iron in its stand, he swore. He had left the thing on again! Pushing away from the workbench, Zachary stumped towards the smoke detector closest to his workspace, trying to work feeling back into his legs. Mounting the nearby chair, the aging engineer reached out to palm the access button and--

Almost fell out of his chair, as the thrice-damned thing began to squawk in his face. Jerking backwards, Zachary began to lose his balance, until he corrected himself. Swearing sulfurously, he slapped the access button, pulled the detector's power cell out of its socket, and threw it across the room. Clearly, the detector wasn't the source of his wakeup call. Looking around the rest of the room, he frowned as he noticed a pair of screens in the corner, flashing in time with the urgent beeping to which he had woken. Among all the screens, datapads, and communications devices lying around his apartment, he had disconnected all but three from the municipal datanet. Two of the three were now blaring obnoxiously, while he had programmed the third to be far less obnoxious. Making his way over to the flashing screens, his eyes widened as he read the flashing alert:
"Warning! A Category 5 creature has engaged the compound. Seek cover. Do not attempt to interfere with Military operations. Martial Law Is Now In Effect."

Zachary blinked. In his twenty years in Haven, the government had used the emergency announcement system no more than twice before. Feeling around in the semidarkness, Zachary found the third linked device, a datapad, and quickly tapped open a program. After running several recognition and search algorithms, he very much wished he hadn't. According to the military database he had backdoored into, a “Category 5 creature” was an Origin monster capable of wreaking catastrophic damage on the Haven superstructure. Which was bad. Very bad.

Zachary groaned. Why couldn't I have just slept through this? During his latest walk through some of the more neglected maintenance tunnels, he had discovered an area that looked like it hadn’t been maintained in years. Nothing had looked like it was in danger of breaking, so he hadn’t worried overmuch about the area. However, that was before this morning’s “surprise visitor” showed up to interrupt his much-needed sleep. It was extremely unlikely that the area was even still being checked by Haven’s engineers, so any damage done by the Origin monstrosity would be something he would need to try to repair. Or, at least, notify someone else about. Returning to his workbench, Zachary unplugged the smoking soldering iron and began hunting through the various pieces of circuitry and half-built devices that littered the top of the worksurface, careful not to touch the more delicate circuits without a grounding himself first. Finally, his hunting bore fruit, and, pocketing several small machines, he worked his way over to the front door. Grabbing the rugged backpack sitting by the door--one of the few reminders he retained from his years in the Army--he added two aerosol cans of foaming metal sealant, and, after a brief moment of indecision, four disposable gas masks. There was a chance that people would flee to the tunnels in search of safety, and if there was an external breach, it would be extremely dangerous to breathe, what with all the Origin-spores no doubt floating about outside Haven’s protective force field.

Equipment checks complete, Zachary reached over to the shelf beside the door, pulling his gas mask--far more sophisticated than the disposables he had just packed--from its customary resting place, as well as his old service gausspistol from its charger; even on a good day, Haven’s lower levels weren’t exactly safe. After checking that a sufficient number of steel slivers were chambered, he holstered the weapon on his hip, and left his apartment. Running down the stairs towards the basement, he paused only long enough to apologize to old Ms. Mendell for his stomping, and to promise her toaster back by tomorrow.

Arriving at the maintenance hatch hidden away in the disused corner of the dark and musty space, Zachary let himself in the warren of maintenance tunnels that crisscrossed the sublevels of Haven. As he adjusted to the dim lighting, he couldn’t help but frown--the tunnels sounded far more active today than normal, and if the reason was what he feared, then getting to his objective would be difficult. Taking a moment to call up a map on his datapad, Zachary set off in the direction of the neglected area. Less than three minutes later, though, he was stopped by a sound rising up from the general din that had slowly grown in the background. A woman was screaming. Fighting back the sudden rush of unwelcome memories, Zachary made a snap decision. Turning off in the direction of the woman’s cries, he soon came across a storage room branching off from a distant subway tunnel. Peeking inside, he found himself staring at a rather unusual scene.

Inside, an extremely well-dressed man, probably in his early fifties, was kneeling in front of a dowdily-dressed woman, vainly attempting to secure an Ace bandage around her knee as she wailed away at the top of her lungs. Zachary swallowed. From the size of the bandage and the volume of her screams, the woman must have been severely injured. Taking a deep breath and steeling himself, Zachary pushed open the door. “Excuse me,” he said, getting the man’s attention. “Do you need help?” He gestured towards the lumpy bundle of bandaging swathed around the woman’s knee. As the man nodded, backing away unsteadily, Zachary leaned down, looked over the nearby first-aid kit, and snapped on a pair of sterile gloves. “Now, then. What have we here?” Carefully unwrapping the bandage, Zachary was surprised to find several pieces of gravel embedded in her knee, but nothing more. Frowning, he asked the man, “Do you have any first-aid training? At all?” When the man mutely shook his head, Zachary sighed. Civilians. Sometimes even the simplest of things are beyond them. Pulling a pair of tweezers out of the kit, he began to remove the gravel from the woman’s leg.

upload_2017-9-5_12-6-18.gif
Mitchel - Location: Eastern district - subway - Feeling: Proud

⁠⁠⁠⁠He could hear the sounds of action coming from the wall. Sometimes more shocks hit the city, presumably from the massive towering plant monster. Mitchel felt strange wearing a farmers suit while looking at a plant that would not even bother to eat him. In fact what did it eat? Mitchel settled on minerals from intens steel, but had no time to wonder on the specifics. Wearing his farmers suit and carrying a medkit he must have seemed strange. But Mitchel was a man on a mission. He did not care much for opinions, people had always found him strange. Openly so. Mitchel liked life but not the intricacies of humans however interesting instincts were so boring were relations and politics to him. He had now seen the monster and heard guns. He disliked technology, those soldiers were corrupted and did not deserve his help. It was still not too late to help the real people. He would still have time to move to the subways however crowded. Someone believed in him, he had perhaps even made a friend. He would not let the woman down.

People were scurrying out of the last exit of the subway station. They very much resembled ants as they were coming out of their hole from the ground. Another research for later. For now he had to worry about his breath as dust entered his nose and he could not see shit through his teary eyes. With effort he ripped his shirt to pieces and covered his mouth with it. This was the easy part. He still had to manoeuvre through all of these ants, he missed the communication skills they had. Most people would let him past as he looked like a medic, with dirty pants and no shirt, but a medic.

A very annoyed Mitchel arrived at the bottom of the stairs. Keeping two steps for later so that he could look over the crowd. He looked for spots where no heads popped out. Those were the spots with kneeling, wounded or dead people, who he might help or run tests on later, both would be fun. People were pushing away from the east side, probably where the fear was coming from. This was where people were running away from towards the wall, which was equally a bad idea. He wanted to see the creatures, but in the middle of the station was a spot devoid of heads through all chaos. Mitchel was going to safe someone.

He pushed all people away, willing to safe someone not thinking too much about the danger it caused for others. In this spot a woman and a small kid were huddling together in the ground. The kid was being comforted by the woman. 'hello', he said as he was a real smooth talker under pressure. 'you seem hurt, little one. Eat this', he handed her a poppy block of fruit 'this will regenerate your skin tissue and bring you new energy. Disgust formed in his face through his hyperbolic mouth when he saw the kid had technology on her, what a waste of talent. Mitchel nodded and went on to the tunnels. Set on seeing one of the creatures and getting away from the people.

The tunnels were damp in temperature and texture, but full of healthy oxigen. Mitchel knew what this meant, plants.

Silver Dragon

State of being: Alert, wary, focused
Suit power cell 1: 100% > 100% > 100%
.....Power cell 2: 100% > 038% > 047%
.....Power cell 3: 079% > 000% > 000%
.....Capacitor 1: 100% > 100% > 100%
.....Capacitor 2: 100% > 100% > 100%

Nearby: Dr. Eileen Maslow (NPC)

@'s: Cinderlily Cinderlily

V1jOVbs.png

As another tremor reverberated up the side of the tower, he paused in his preparations in order to re-secure his grapple. While the Origin creature rampaging around outside Haven had distracted most of the arcology's citizens--including a large number of security personnel--it also played merry hell with his more delicate gear. Another tremor. The assassin shook his head. That tore it. He would not be swinging across to his target building--if he did, he'd be more likely to fall to his death as the grapple came loose. Unlodging the hook, the assassin began reeling the attached monofilament cable back into his belt. As the fifteenth--or was it sixteenth? At this point he had lost count--tremor shook the tower, the assassin, called the "Silver Dragon" by some, settled back to inventory his options.

The biggest advantage he had going for himself was the ongoing Origin attack. The seismic disturbances were disrupting most sensors placed throughout the lab building, and had security scrambling within, responding to an innumerable amount of calls. Which was fortunate. He would not want some overzealous guard wandering in as he went about his business--things tended to get complicated when he had to fight his way outside. And complicated meant messy. That's irrelevant, he reminded himself. Guards or not, interruptions or no, Dr. Maslow is my target. She is all that matters. Continuing his mental checklist, the assassin was interupted by the soft chime of his suit's internal chronometer. He swore softly. If Maslow stuck to her normal schedule, as was her wont, she would be entering her office in the next thirty seconds. Which meant he had only one option left to him. Taking three steps back from the ledge, the assassin took a deep breath, sprinted forward, and jumped.

Eileen Maslow threw open her door and stalked into the office. She had just spent the past few hours--at least, it felt that way--in conference with Genesis's Board of Directors, convincing them that now was not the time to abandon their lofty penthouses for their unmarked emergency bunkers or whatever else they had set up "just in case", on account of the Category 5 specimen outside Haven's walls. The world was not ending. Yet. Haven's walls had been built to take a beating. Then, to make her morning even better, she had had to share the elevator with Darcy Wilde for fifteen freaking floors. The ever-happy, ever-chatty geneticist had talked her ear off about a requisition request he had just submitted--even though he knew she'd have to review it before she could give him an answer. Running a hand through her hair, Eileen shut the door, and sighed as the sound-canceling buffers kicked in. Peace and quiet. Finally.

Glancing at her desk, Eileen sighed. There, sitting atop it like some perverted birthday present, was the datapad that almost certainly held Darcy's request. Generally, she was happy with Harvey, her efficient and seemingly-intuitive secretary. He could always be counted on to have the necessary files on hand, or the proper form queued in the buffer. Sometimes, though, she wished he'd accidentally just "lose" something. Especially now. Sitting down at her desk, Eileen pulled up the request, and began skimming it quickly. Standard requisition form, yada yada yada, asking for--wait. That can't be right. Is he seriously asking for-- Eileen groaned and tossed the 'pad back onto her desk. Darcy was asking for almost all of the division's remaining nanobots, for whatever project he was currently working on. And given how important Darcy considered his own work, she wouldn't be able to get away with just the standard "Request Denied" notice, or he'd never stop pestering her. Not that he'd be egocentric in his constant follow-ups. No, he'd just be peppy. Which was almost just as bad. Leaning forward, she pinged Harvey on her desk's comm unit. "Harvey, I want a meeting with Darcy Wilde in one hour." There was a momentary pause, then Harvey replied, "Yes, Dr. Maslow. Dr. Wilde says he'll be here." Scowling at the datapad, she left her desk, crossing to the wall-mounted coffee machine. If she was going to read through the entire request, she'd need more caffeine.

The steaming cup of coffee had barely made it to the saucer before a loud "thump" outside her window nearly made her spill it. Frowning, Eileen looked outside. As high as her office was, drones rarely flew into her windows. Actually, they never had. And while it had rained recently, her windows generally didn't distort like that afterwards. Eileen narrowed her eyes. Window, not windows. Only one window--part of one window--had a distorted view of the outside. That was strange.

Then the distortion moved, and it was impossible to tell whether it was her fallen coffee cup, its saucer, or the window pane that shattered first.

The assassin clung to the window pane, the electroadhesive pads on his splayed fingers the only things keeping him from falling fifty or so stories to his death. As an alert popped up inside his helmet's display, he grimaced--using his smartcloth glider to cross the gap between the towers had depleted the majority of his suit's charge. Employing the electroadhesive pads in such an unsupported manner was eating away the remainder. If he didn't shut them down in the next--he swore, softly--five seconds, he'd be taking the fast route down to street-level. And so he kipped up and through the plate glass, into his target's office.

Propelling himself through the opening, the assassin quickly dropped his optical stealthing--at close quarters, there was a visible distortion that rendered the system pointless, and after such a noisy entrance, there was no way he hadn't been noticed, stealthed or no.

Eileen stared fearfully at the suddenly-visible intruder. It was wearing some sort of gray low-profile armor, and the way it was walking towards her was definitely not friendly. She swallowed, hard, her throat suddenly dry. As she backed up, slowly, trying to put as much distance between herself and the intruder as she could, she managed to pull herself together enough to get a question out. "C-c-can I he-help you?" she managed raspily.

The intruder closed the distance between them, pausing only momentarily as it stepped on the remnants of her coffee cup and saucer. "You," it stated in a synthesized, androgenous voice, "are Genesis employee number zero-one-zero-seven-three-nine. Eileen Maslow. Assigned supervisor of the Advanced Research division. Prior to your promotion, you were lead scientist for the xenobotany division. Twenty years ag--"

Eileen slipped behind her desk as the gray thing--intruder seemed too personal, too human, full of life--began reciting her corporate record. If she could reach her desk-comm, if she could just get Harvey's attention, even just ping him, she could--

KCHUNK!

Eileen recoiled as a blade sprouted from the middle of the desk-comm. The thing in gray had paused in its recitation, she realized. Looking back up at it, she noticed its arm was now outstretched, already holding another knife at the ready, in her direction. She shuddered in fear as it continued on, relentlessly.

"Twenty years ago, you were assigned as a junior member of the Project Bastion team. You turned down the assignment. Why?" It took Eileen a moment to realize that the thing had asked her a question. Project Bastion, she thought, Project Bastion--which one had that been? Not Bulwark, which had been the codename for Haven before its presence was announced to the public. Close though. Bastion--Bastion was-- Ah. Right, Project Bastion. Bulwark's "baby brother".

Project Bastion had been, more or less, the backup plan for Haven. A mini-Haven, it would have been a secondary U.S. refuge, had it ever been completed. But the Origin specimens had gotten too close to Haven, too fast. They had had to seal the city before the Bastion team was able to return. Looking back up, Eileen began quaking. The thing had gotten closer while she was lost in thought, and in her long silence, had somehow become even more menacing. "I didn't believe the Bastion timetable was realistic," she blubbered, uncaring as to the repercussions of her confession. Classified project or no, she was terrified. "There didn't seem to be enough of a safety margin. I argued that. My boss disagreed."

Her back was now pressed firmly against the wall. As the thing got closer, ever-closer, it stated, in its chillingly monotone voice, "You should have objected harder."

The assassin stood in front of the broken window, examining the city skyline as he wiped his gauntlet blade free of blood. With so much of his suit's power expended getting into the building, he was now faced with a prickly dilemma. It would be at least ten minutes until his suit had enough charge to operate his glidewings long enough to get to a safe location. With the tremors ongoing, it still wasn't safe to grapple anywhere. And, unless he got extremely lucky, someone was bound to enter the late scientist's office sooner rather than later. He needed to be gone, fast. The question was, how to do that?

Last edited:
Rico (Recall)

State of being: Hurt and annoyed

Nearby: Boss man, his Secretary and a Stranger

@: splark splark In the area sort of Sludgemouth Sludgemouth

CHARACTER SHEET

A few minutes passed. The sounds from above ground were gut wrenching. Massive weapons discharging high above on the walls peak echoed throughout the city. Haunting groans now followed every blast causing Rico to peer up at the concrete above her. Grateful to be away from the madness that was likely taking pass at the heart of the battle, she still worried for the over all outcome. They had face creatures attacking the compound before. However, never anything over a Cat 3.

High above where Rico stood in the upper levels of the wall, war waged. Massive robotic suits powered by cybernetic enhanced men in armor, loaded massive artillery into large guns that were built into various areas of the wall. One particularly new recruit in the weapons station was struggling with his mechanical suit. The fuse responsible for the right arm was fried making it fairly useless. Struggling to load up the artillery with only one good arm, his commander soon took note, determining it was user error. This was the recruits first time in battle after all.

"Gunny get out of that rig, now!" The command had little patience for incompetence in the heat of battle.

Not wanting to upset his commander even more, the young solider dismounted the exoskeleton and watched as his commander jumped in. "Si-sir, that right hand is not operat-"

"Shut it Gunny. There is no excuses in battle. We are at war."

The hot head of a commanding officer, put the suit through its paces. Making seamless work of the lifting a large missile. Right up until the he attempted to sag it with the malfunctioning claw. From there everything seemed to slow down in the weapons bay. The massive missile, tipped. The young Gunny was smart enough to start running but soon the dark dank hanging in the wall of Haven, lit up like a Christmas tree. Massive sheets of concrete and flaming shrapnel came raining down on the city below.

Hearing the impact of something after what seems to be an explosion, Rico frowned. Running a hand through her hair, she let out a sigh.

"Better go check on the uppers."

Just as Rico turned around, she was nailed in the head with a bit of falling rebar. Stumbling and falling to her knees, she snarled out a few curse words before rolling onto her back. Reaching up and probing the welt with her fingers, she winced. Once the initial wave of pain passed, Rico climbed back to her feet and dusted herself off.

Returning to where she had left the pair, Rico opened the door only to discover a new face plucking tiny stones from the woman's knee as she howled like a banshee. The new welt on Rico's head made the wailing almost unbearable. Which played greatly into her sharp tone toward the stranger, "And just who the hell are you? The sewer medic?"

Last edited:
Zachary Beyston

State of being: Tired, stressed, wary

Nearby: Rico, "Boss man", "The Banshee"

@'s: ManicMuse ManicMuse , Sludgemouth Sludgemouth , Graysilver264 Graysilver264

2KxBybx.png

As a flurry of bright alerts crowded his vision, Zachary quickly dismissed them before returning to the task at hand. He held his breath as he reached towards the woman’s knee with his tweezers. He had found that, if he touched the skin around the woman's wound at all, she screamed even louder. This is, Zachary thought, remarkably similar to that old game. What was it called--? Ah. Right. Operation. Except in Operation, the only thing at stake was your dignity, if you made a mistake. Here, the danger was permanent auditory damage. So he had to be very careful--

"And just who the hell are you? The sewer medic?"

The wailing woman jerked, and Zachary cursed as the tweezers nearly plunged into her knee. Transferring the tweezers to his left hand, he slowly began to turn around, surreptitiously dropping his right hand towards his holstered gausspistol. Just because the woman--the voice was pitched like a woman's, at least--sounded like she had all her teeth didn't mean that she wasn't a tunnel rat looking for an easy target. He had learned that lesson the hard way. Turn completed, Zachary addressed the newcomer. "I'm just taking some gravel out of this lady's knee," he said slowly, taking care not to alarm the new woman, and, if nothing else, keep her from drawing the sizable pistol she had holstered. Well, she doesn't seem to be a gun-happy tunnel rat. There's that, at least. What was the other thing she had asked? Oh. Right. My name. "I'm--" Zachary cut himself off. Standing around in a restricted-access maintenance tunnel, he probably didn't look all that good. What with the monster rampaging around up above, he might even come across as an opportunistic thief. And though the stranger didn't look like she was Haven MDF, that was the point of plainclothesmen--they all looked like everyone else. "I'm a friend," he finished lamely.

Last edited:
Mitchel - Location: subway - Feeling: Proud

It was a liberation, to be free from the crowd again. Here, Mitchel was in his element, a new environment open for exploration because the subways did not function properly in chaos. This was the best kind of exploration as well, the exploration of new life, at least for Mitchel. He had never seen underground vegetation like this, there were purple plants red fruit like things of which Mitchel took one and there was a lot of green. Mitchel checked the plants systematically, trying to find a reason for these rich colors, but otherwise he was in the flow of writing his findings down on his paper. It was a peaceful day, this one.

One particular finding was that some of the green vegetation did not show any way of reproduction, the only thing Mitch could find on these were bulbs varying from the size of a coin to the size of a rat. Mitchel walked to his next plant, he had been looking forward to checking this one out. It was thick and yellow, very curious since larger plants usually were either sturdy or aggressive. Yellow also reminded him of things of his past, friends he had lost, but that was not for now. Mitchel stooped low next to the plant and touched it quickly ready to jump away. It was a sturdy plant.

The sounds of panic were fading, as they did, the smell of pollen in the air got a little stronger. Vegetation got thicker, allthough the vegetation was still not abnormal for outer wall standards, Mitch figured things would be a lot different inside the wall, or at least they should be. The strangest things about these plants was that they had grown pretty thick, but still felt soft. These plants were young, but too large for their age. Then, faint screams were to be heard from an outcrop in the tunnels. Someone was in danger. Mitchel lay his old school pen down where he finished and ran for the screams.

With heavy breaths Mitchel stopped, 3 people showed in the faint light of the tunnels. Mitchel proceeded with caution as a new arrival met the group. Mitchel could hear a few words, hell and medic two of them. Judging from the length of the sentence, the girl must have said: she hurts like hell, get a medic. Mitchel`s heart jumped and so did he as he ran straight for the people in desperate need of his immediate help. He could show off his produce to these people. Mitch ran a quick check up, quickly noticing two rich people acting high, a man with a fair face and seemingly no technology (perhaps some upgrades the cool kids used) and a woman, who was the new arrival she was more obvious with her tech, but nothing too recent. All clear. 'Uhh, good day, I think, Can I help you?', Mitchel nodded towards the screaming woman. 'you seem to be in pain', Mitchel did not like noisy people and he also disliked rich people, but she was alive and not hurting anyone so she was nice. Mitchel nodded again, proud of his grown skill in wordiness.

Rico (Recall)

State of being: Hurt and annoyed

Nearby: Boss man, his Secretary, a 'friend' and a helpful stranger.

@: splark splark In the area sort of Sludgemouth Sludgemouth Graysilver264 Graysilver264

CHARACTER SHEET

"I'm a friend."

Rico, raised an eyebrow. This was shaping up to be an interesting day. The vague response, was enough to invoke a faint smirk. It quickly fainted though, as the flustered man butted in with his insight, "You two morons are going to get us killed!"

Rico shrugged her shoulders, attempting to wick off the desire to snapback at him. For now, her focus was still locked on this, 'new friend.'

"Givin the current state of things, I suppose we could use all the friends we can get. Name's Rico. I am their escort."

Both Diana and the bossman chimed in with their own comments on her performance so far.

"Hardly! She broke my leg!"

"She is incompetent. I have never had such horrid service. I am not even going to make my meeting."

The chorus of complaints caused Rico to fold both arms over her chest and give an eyeroll. Shifting weight from one leg to the other, her attention moved toward a new voice.

'Uhh, good day, I think, can I help you?'

The sewer really just full of helpful people today. Talk about good luck. The brunette returned to her whimpers and wailing over her poor knee. Rico motioned the new man, toward the crying woman. "Go for it. One of you can gag her and the other can dig out the gravel." Knowing the snide remark would likely not be met with much humor, she was rather indifferent.

Diana's complaints over her skinned knee, reminded Rico of the smack she had taken just moments before. Something about her left arm felt off. Extending the arm, she rotated the shoulder, only to ear an audible clicking on the back side. Shedding the jacket, to reveal a simple form fitted tank top with a light body armor vest beneath, Rico quickly located a puncture mark in the back of the black jacket. Probing the area on her back, she quickly found a hole in the synthetic flesh were some rubble had nicked a cable for the arm. This was enough to invoke an emotional response from the normally grumpy but otherwise placid woman.

Balling up the jacket, she tossed it a few feet in frustration. "Brilliant. Just what I need! Do you realize how much it costs to get a grease monkey to do repairs on limbs?"

Stomping over to pick up the coat, Rico pulled out her tablet. With several aggressive motions to unlock the screen and bring up the contract, she scrolled down to the fine print of the agreement and shoved it into her employer's face.

"Bodily harm or injury during service. Oh and there is a clause in there about events beyond my control. IE, a CAT 5 attacking the city! So long I have preformed my duty to protect your ass, I get paid. I also get a bonus if I get injured on the job!" Rico paused and pointed to her shoulder as her cybernetic eye began to glow a fate hue, signaling it was recording.

"This happened while dragging you and your secretary out of harm's way during an attack. That makes this your bill. What is it you said early? Me being your dog? While this dog wants the best damn vet you can find."

He was beet red again by the time she was finished. Clearly, he was not use to lesser people talking to him in such a manner. Rage was still evident in Rico's expression as she stood up and killed the recording function. Though looking at the other strangers, she suddenly felt a bit embarrassed for her tantrum having such an audience.

The older man was yelling at her again, but this time the words were not registering. Instead, Rico she needed a breather and decided checking the tunnels for the man who had said he would be back. The one she had seen the diner hours before. That was such a strange coincidence. What was he doing down here anyways?

Last edited:
As he wakes up due to a IMPORTANT MESSAGE alert flashing in his cybernetic eye

Just then a message displayed on his cybernetic eye, Cat. 5 creature martial law declared. "Well great we all have to go to the tunnels it will be jammed pack!" Emeraude (this was his digital assistant's name) any more news? "Yes sir" she says as she pulls up a small digital window in his field of vision showing a video of the monster. "Thanks, and what did I say about calling me sir? Why your like the big sister I never had for crying out loud!" She responded "while I am flattered by what you think of me sir, I was programmed to call you sir." "I don't care what you were programmed to do!" He answered "you were programmed to listen to me, now pls call me robin!" "Command accepted" Emeraude said.

"Now close that feed I need you to pull up a map of the haven."

"Yes robin" she replies, as she pulls up a map of the haven.

"We are heading for the tunnels got it Emeraude?"

"Okay robin" she answers

Once he reaches the entrance to the maintenance tunnels he began running through the crowd. He was safe for now...

He then saw a younger lady with a little girl, he looked closer the little girl was crying?

He then walked over offering his hand to the older of the two "hi my names robin" he says extending his hand to the older of the two. He then waves at the other girl.

"I don't know where to go from here can you show me?" he says

Caragia Caragia

Last edited:
Iris "Quinn" Tetrick

State of being: Scared, stressed but determined to put up a confident front for the kids in her care.

Nearby: Sludgemouth Sludgemouth , ManicMuse ManicMuse , Graysilver264 Graysilver264 , splark splark

@'s: Countryrps Countryrps

caragia.png

”Before I start yelling, what’s your name sweetie?” Quinn had asked the frightened girl as she fussed over her.

“My name is Merridy,” she sniffed. ”Merridy Davis.”

”Good girl,” she smiled. ”Now let’s find your mama.” Quinn tucked a tendril of stray hair behind the girl’s ear, smiling reassuringly once more. She then turned about and yelled aloud, ”HELLO?! I’M LOOKING FOR THE MOTHER OF THIS LITTLE ONE HERE!” Still, the chaos ensued to no avail. Quinn didn’t give up though and kept looking amongst the crowd to see if there was a woman frantically searching for her child.

She was about to stand and take Merridy with her into the uproar when a strange man approached them. He wore a smooth smile as he said, ”Hello. You seem hurt, little one. Eat this,” he’d said as he handed her what looked like a strange piece of fruit. ”This will regenerate your skin tissue and bring you new energy.” Merridy looked to Quinn for reassurance. Quinn nodded, never taking her eyes off the strange fellow.

Merridy gingerly nibbled at the fruit, then popped it into her mouth. Her face and lips puckered a moment later. "The juice is sweet but it’s also sour.”

”Thank y-“ Quinn began, but stopped when she noticed the look of disdain that the strange man gave Merridy. A deep frown marred her lips as she was about to say something about it, but then he ran off—not even giving Quinn and Merridy a second glance, much less another thought.

Quinn sighed as she returned her attention back to the little girl before her. Merridy looked down at the cuts and scrapes all over her arms and legs. ”Look, Quinn!” They could already see the abrasions closing up and clearing away. ”Huh,” she said in awe. ”Would you look at that!” Quinn gently turned Merridy’s arms over. Here I thought he was just some quack…

Just then a male voice sounded through the pandemonium that surrounded them.

"ATTENTION CITIZENS... I'M GOING TO NEED YOU TO STOP PANICKING BEFORE I HAVE TO SHOOT SOMEBODY." Quinn arched her brow and pursed her lips. The man held a commanding presence as he smirked. It was as if, he wouldn’t take flak from no one.

"Who are you!?" A man in the crowd had shouted back frantically.

"What do you want from us?!" Another woman chimed in, fear and panic were very evident in the tone of her voice.

"OKAY COOL... NOW, DIRECT YOUR ATTENTION TO THE NEARED DOOR TO YOU THAT SAYS NO ENTRY BY UNAUTHORIZED PERSONS. CONGRATULATIONS, YOU ALL ARE NOW AUTHORIZED PERSONS. PLEASE ENTER THE DOOR AND MAKE AN IMMEDIATE RIGHT, THIS WILL BRING YOU GUYS INTO THE OLD MAINTENANCE TUNNELS, WHICH IS RIGHT NOW SAFER THAN THE SURFACE OR HERE."

”Welp, Merridy, you heard the man. Maybe we’ll find your mom in the tunnels.” Quinn grabbed her bag that had long since fallen, and forgotten, off the ground at her feet. She stood, brushed herself off, and reached for the little girl’s hand.

Fear and uncertainty were shining brightly in Merridy’s eyes. ”B-bu-but I d-do-don’t want to go down there! Plant monsters were after me down there!”

Quinn crouched back down and rubbed the frightened girl’s arms. ”Shhh…. It’s ok sweetie!” She smiled warmly and pulled the girl into a warm hug—rubbing her back soothingly as she continued.

”We’re going to be with all these people. No creatures or monsters would dare do anything to us while there are so many people.” Quinn pulled back to look into the girl's eyes. ”I’ll make sure nothing happens to you, sweetie. I promise. She stood once more, reached out her hand, and waited for Merridy to take it.

The girl looked at the hand extended to her and then up to Quinn. Slowly, Merridy took it. Just then, a young boys voice sounded behind them.

”Hi, my names Robin."

Both Quinn and Merridy turned around to see a young boy who looked to be no more than 8 or 9 years old. He had a pale complexion, with several scars and scratches marring his skin. Robin had a rounded chocolate brown eye, the other was a crude, albeit efficient, cybernetic implant. The boy had a slightly triangular nose with thin lips. Although it was oily and in need of a good wash, Quinn could tell that it was dark chocolate brown. In fact, the boy, as a whole, needed a good scrub. He was covered in dirt and grime. She also, noticed the poor thing needed a good meal, as he more than lankly—he was practically skin and bones.

Robin waved to Merridy and extended his hand to Quinn. "I don't know where to go from here can you show me?"

”Sure thing hun,” Quinn answered as she readjusted her bag so that her other hand would be free to hold Robin’s. She took it as she continued. ”Now we’re to head through that door over there and head deeper into the tunnels. Stay close and we’ll get ourselves to safety.”

Quinn headed to the door the commanding gentlemen had directed them too. The flow of the crowd was now somewhat calm amongst the shaking of the Cat 5 monster assaulting the outer wall.

Last edited:
Silver Dragon

Location: Genesis Labs > Haven airspace > Haven (lower levels)

State of being: Tense, concerned > Focused > Unconscious
Suit power cell 1: 100% > 100% > 063%
.....Power cell 2: 048% > 049% > 048%
.....Power cell 3: 000% > 073% > 000%
.....Capacitor 1: 100% > 100% > 100%
.....Capacitor 2: 100% > 000% > 001%

Nearby: Harvey > Justin(?)

@'s: Graysilver264 Graysilver264 (?)

V1jOVbs.png

In order to safely deploy his glidewings and successfully escape, the assassin had needed at least ten minutes to charge his suit's power cells. He got three.

The assassin's head snapped up towards the door as it quickly opened to admit a smartly dressed, if mousy, man. "Dr. Maslow? There's a Mr. Henderly on the line. He's rather in a panic--it seems the structural integrity figures he gave you were very off. I tried calling your desk-comm, but it doesn't seem to be wo--" The man cut off mid-sentence, staring in surprise at the still-sparking comm unit, with the assassin's blade still embedded within. Then caught sight of the red smear on the wall behind it. Eyes tracking bloody trail to the floor, the secretary's eyes widened at the sight of his late employer. "Oh, goodness! Dr. Maslow! Dr. Maslow?" The wiry man whirled around, seeking a medical kit, a defibrillator, anythingthat would help save the woman he had served loyally for years. Harvey's eyes widened in surprise and horror as he discovered that he was not alone in the office. Datapads dropped from his nerveless fingers, and he stumbled backward in fright. "Wh-- Wha-- S--! Security! Security!"

Within the confines of his helmet, the assassin cursed. Getting discovered prematurely was bad enough. With the man's screams, though, the building's security was sure to be notified. And there was nothing he could do. Eying the power readouts, the assassin stepped back towards the hole in the plate windows, racking his brains for a way to escape his situation. With the current amount of power, he wouldn't be able to get far enough away to land safely and go to ground. He'd make it maybe halfway to his destination before the ground would suddenly leap up to meet him. Wait. Sudden leap-- A fast change. Could it work? The assassin paused for a fraction of a second, thinking over his epiphany. His capacitors were unsuitable for use with the smartcloth wings--they'd only provide charge for a few seconds at best, and end up frying the cloth before that--but if he were to redirect the power flow--yes, that might work. Moving again, the assassin began following through, rerouting the power output of one of his capacitors towards Power Cell 3. It would, in essence, rapid-charge the cell. It would almost certainly damage it as well, but he had noticed a while ago that the cell had been failing for a long time. Reaching the edge of the shattered window, the assassin crouched. He'd have to time it just right, so the power flow didn't interfere with the operation of his wings. Three, two, one--

Triggering the capacitor's discharge, the gray-suited assassin leaped into the open air, flipping about to ensure he was oriented properly. Microseconds later, a smart snap from above and behind him told him that his glidewings had deployed successfully. Setting his sights on a rooftop garden about five blocks away, he engaged his electromagnetic scramblers--nothing powerful enough to fool the human eye, but enough to hide himself from surveilance cameras--and began dodging the nearby courier, messenger, and surveillance drones that filled the nearby volume of space. Keeping a careful eye on his power levels, the assassin used the electricity in carefully controlled bursts to adjust the shape of the smartcloth wings, correcting his flight path as he went. The assassin's heart soared. He was going to make it! It would be close, but it would work!

The the world collapsed about him.

First, his suit began sounding an alarm--the ambient air pressure had increased, rapidly. Then, fractions of a second later, there was a brilliant flash from somewhere above him. Then a low, shocking bass sound that vibrated deep within him. It was--as the shockwave flipped him about like a kite on the wind, the assassin frantically sought to regain control of his flight. Explosion!, his mind shrieked. Explosion! Which means-- Finally righting himself, the assassin had only a few seconds to process what had just happened before the first piece of debris struck him on his back. Spinning and yawing about even more violently than before, the out-of-control assassin glanced briefly at his new flight path, and stifled a moan of terror. He was now aimed at the very solid-looking wall of a fast-approaching building. And he had time to alter his course. Flashing alarms up at him, his suit's visor began counting down the time until impact. Ten. Nine. Eight. The assassin took a deep breath, preparing himself for what was surely to come. Four. Three. Two. One.

The wall was every bit as hard as it had promised to be.

As the now-unconscious man fell to his probable doom, long-dormant emergency suit systems began engaging, inflating padding, filling loose cavities with shock-absorbent foam, and stiffening otherwise-vulnerable joints. If everything went well, the suit's inhabitant might survive the fall. If everything went well.

Zachary Beyston

Location: Subway maintenance storage room > Subway maintenance tunnel

State of being: Mildly surprised, exasperated, relieved

Nearby: Mitchel, "Boss man", Diana, Rico

@'s: Graysilver264 Graysilver264 , ManicMuse ManicMuse , Sludgemouth Sludgemouth

2KxBybx.png

"You worthless, no-good, incompetent, layabout thug! I will not pay a cent to repair a prosthetic that you couldn't be bothered to fix before you were contracted! Thief! Scoundrel!"

Zachary's eyes were wide with shock as he watched Rikki--was that her name? He couldn't recall, as her tirade had been far more memorable--stalked out of the locker room. Zachary had found being called a moron by the red-faced blowhard to be mildly insulting, but the verbal fusillade the woman had unleashed upon him had been more than cathartic enough for him. As for the "banshee" woman, whose ability to exaggerate her pain and injuries continued to astound him-- Rikki's gag suggestion had been a good one. Eying the discarded length of Ace bandaging speculatively, the engineer quickly dismissed the thought as unsanitary and, likely, futile. There was an alternative, though.

Studying the latest arrival, Zachary quickly took in the quiet man's strange appearance. The farmer's suit didn't inspire much confidence, but the well-worn medkit suggested enough competence to satisfy the ex-sergeant's requirements. Gesturing at the injured woman magnanimously, he said, "She's all yours," and proceeded to strip the sterile gloves off with a will. Throwing them in one of the open first-aid kit's biohazard containment bags, he made for the door at a speed that was just short of a jog. No, I'm not being driven out by a yelling woman, he reassured himself. This is just a tactical withdrawal. Yes. That's it. Definitely not running away.

Once he was out in the tunnel, Zachary breathed out a sigh of relief, and slumped against the wall. That room had become a no-go zone really quickly. Settling down, he remembered his most recently completed works, and fished them out of his pocket, examining them to make sure they hadn't been accidentally damaged in transit. Sitting in his palm were three identical spheres, gunmetal gray and approximately two inches in diameter. His current pride and joy, the little sensor drones operated on compact power cells that had cost him an arm and a leg to acquire. Capable of maneuvering either by ferromagnetic maglev technology or, if the local environment lacked the necessary metallic makeup, by rolling along the ground. Satisfied, Zachary quickly sent activation commands to each of the three probes, then threw them gently into the air. Having received their orders, two of the small orbs floated off in the direction from which he had come, to examine the under-maintained area that he'd originally set out for. The third moved off in the opposite direction, towards the nearby subway tunnel. In his bones, the engineer could feel that trouble was brewing, and these people were vulnerable. He couldn't bring himself to abandon them, but he would be damned if he was going to stay blind to his surroundings.

Happy with his work, Zachary settled back against the wall to wait and, just maybe, catch up on missed sleep.

shepherd.jpg

The rythim of the train hitting the rails got more and more sporadic as the train got ready to stop. Justin looked at his travelling companion, he was distracted at the least. He looked down to his side, where his trusted sword hang, then at the door of the train, then at a memory and he decided. He grabbed his sword, put it over his head and struck the door with it. The sword got stuck right between the doors, "at least my aiming is still up to par". Justin leaned to his left to whip the right door open, leaving a stopping train, which was going just a little too fast. Mitchel fell on the ground and rolled on.

Justin looked at the sky again, "I have to stop doing these things". His surroundings were familiar, this is where Mitchel would show him 'the chance of nature to survive'. For Justin it had always been just a crack in the wall, for Mitchel this was the decay of human corruption. Mitchel had always told stories about how Haven would falter and Haven would be free again. Justin just wanted to save people.

Today was more than just a trip through memory lane, today was a day to conquer his goals. He arrived at the spot and to Justin`s luck his instinct had guided him well once again. Instinct got him in a lot of interesting situations and Justin turned to seeing those situations as lucky situations. This situation might just be the luckiest, the crack in the wall had opened more due to the earthquakes devastation. From the crack came a weird smell, but not much else, it was dark. "these must be the abandoned subways" Justin told himself, taking him back to his memories with Mitchel. His poor friend was happy over an abandoned subway which was slowly decaying, nature was not as strong as he thought it to be. Justin finished his thinking and entered the crack, barely fitting through with his muscled body.

Justin stepped into the darkness, his eyes adjusting to it. The subway was illuminated by the light pouring through some other cracks, but it did not give much. Justin made a point out of it not to look into the light to let his eyes adjust to the darkness. People had gone missing and Justin wanted to return to his home. Justin slowly unsheathed his sword, "Let`s explore buddy".

Users who are viewing this thread

Back