• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

Futuristic HAVEN OOC

Ya I will admit the ar-15 was way to much.... And 50 round drums are to heavy for a kid of his size so ya one glock with a 30 round clip and the light body armour...

I will just go edit my cs *facepalms* now I feel stupid...
Don't feel bad. This is an RP created directly to help people grow and learn how to RP. Just make some adjustments to your post and the CS. We are all here to learn.

I am fairly certain half this group is new to forum RPing or coming back to it after a long abscess.

Specifically for someone my age asfar as wages go...

I'm a little confused as to why you need me to build an economic structure for you to find the median on his ability to own and or obtain a light armor and a Glock .

Countryrps Countryrps , I'd say that cost isn't the problem--it's the method of obtaining the items. So if the guns were old and scavenged, or cheap and stolen, that would make sense. As for the armor, cobbled-together (or, again, old and scavenged) would be feasible. For instance, the body armor could be explained as improperly disposed police-issue armor from the early years of Haven when things were still pretty scattered logistically.

Obviously, you still need to resolve the question of who your character is and what your character does. Honestly, for me (I can't speak for anyone else), I'd say the most questionable thing with him is the number of "really cool gadgets" that he has--while they might be okay for an established, mature character, they're rather unrealistic for a homeless eight year-old.

If you want help with any aspect of tinkering with your character to make sure that it's acceptable to ManicMuse, please let me know--I'd be happy to help.

--splark

P.S. A request--please try to condense your future OOC posts. Some of us receive notifications when people post to the thread, and getting a notification for every single-sentence response is a little annoying.

I am getting rid of the guns all together the armour I am keeping I will revise everything...

I am getting rid of the guns all together the armour I am keeping I will revise everything...

I've sent you a private message. Youre welcome to message me on if you need any direction. I really don't see any need to build an economic structure to place a value on things. It's an end of world scenario everything has great value, it all depends on what you're willing to pay for it. How about you work on tinkering with the character and send me any questions you have in that private message.

Hi, I usually don`t check these things to be honest. But I have read this conversation now. I must agree that a child in this RP will be very interesting. If it helps, I might tell you guys about my pops experiences when he was 12.
I lived in a city in the Netherlands and after some trouble between my parents, he had to choose between his mother and father. It was a warring divorce. Pop, like me, was not very good at picking sides. He was unconvinced in his choice but chose his mother. She found love in another man, who disliked pop. Eventually he got kicked out of his home when he was 12. Here is the thing, if someone has to survive in a city, you will need some skills to keep you alive, but as a kid, you will not be killing people. My fathers first reaction was to try to make friends. He manipulated a girl into taking him into her home.
I believe that the power of a child in any story, is that the child will have a charisma boost. Other people will want to care for him/her, the kid won`t fight much with people bigger than him, but he might if someone he trusts tells him to. The kid will not be some bad ass with guns, he will be someone either good with people, adept with survival or a very hard worker.

P.s sorry for using the word 'ass'

Users who are viewing this thread

Back