• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

Futuristic HAVEN OOC

Well still fast...
Character sheet looks good. Post it to the approved thread and read up on the current storyline. Basically the city is under attack or the outter wall is. Most of us are in the subway system of surrounding area.

Post in when you are ready. I'll get you over an invite to our discord.

I have been in this simple roleplay for a while now.... It got to easy so I started this along with it...

Anyways gtg be back tommorow night it has been fun typing up my first post can't wait to see your responses!

Having raised himself since he was 5 he was very mature for an 8 yr old.
Okay, I've got to ask. How the heck would a five year-old survive on his own on the streets of Haven? On the streets of any city, really? Regardless of how precocious a child is, it seems a bit...unlikely.

For the record, I'm not trying to criticize, just struggling with my own willing suspension of disbelief.

Also, out of curiosity, where'd he get the armor and guns from? From the description, I'm assuming they're antiques (kind of—maybe around the late 2020s to early 2030s?).

Wait, wait, wait...! How is an 8 year old, however street smart, going to act like that?! (Not calling anything to question, since ManicMuse ManicMuse already accepted your character and all.) I'm a mom of a 9 and 10 y/o so my mom-brain is going bonkers lol.

I personally don't see issue with it so long the character is played realistically. My thoughts went to Carl from walking dead and the time I spent living on the streets when I was 10. While not ideal and likely greatly stunted I assumed the character would be a great addition.

The recoil on a pistol is a wicked thing but with the right trial and error could be mastered even by a younger person. There are groups of children that are orphaned and run in gangs around the city that they could be apart of.

I mean my mind goes to the resourcefulness of children in third world countries. While I feel the character should have vast limitations they also could be adapt enough to survive Haven.

Plus, this group is for us to learn. Or knocking off the rust so to speak. I agree we can all work on fine tuning our characters. I think it's a common trap many people fall into with over powering our characters for the RP needs. But that is the point of having this story is to learn what works.

Wow... well I was thinking of making the little girl a permanent NPC... like make her an orphan and adopt her into Quinn's family. Countryrps Countryrps 's character as well.

As soon as @graysilver answers my question on Discord, I can finish my post.

Okay, I've got to ask. How the heck would a five year-old survive on his own on the streets of Haven? On the streets of any city, really? Regardless of how precocious a child is, it seems a bit...unlikely.

For the record, I'm not trying to criticize, just struggling with my own willing suspension of disbelief.

Also, out of curiosity, where'd he get the armor and guns from? From the description, I'm assuming they're antiques (kind of—maybe around the late 2020s to early 2030s?).
Actually he purchased a newer version of the Glocks we have today including a fingerprint recognition software on the pistol... And he was practically raised by his personal assistant Emeraude (she kept him out of danger and trouble by giving him computer simulated ideas on how to escape a multitude of scenarios...

And his hideout is an unsuspected pile of junk that hasn't been messed with for years so he can run and hide in there

Actually he purchased a newer version of the Glocks we have today including a fingerprint recognition software on the pistol... And he was practically raised by his personal assistant Emeraude (she kept him out of danger and trouble by giving him computer simulated ideas on how to escape a multitude of scenarios...

Let's just work to keep it realistic with equal flaws. He cant be good at everything.

Let's just work to keep it realistic with equal flaws. He cant be good at everything.
I think we can assume he'd be limited in his "expertise" to the subjects covered by Emeraude's simulations. You know, things like "stranger danger", what money is, et cetera (presumably).

Although I am curious as to how he got shiny new pistols with fingerprint interlock. If he stole them, wouldn't the triggers be programmed to not respond to his fingerprint? (Also, in that case, why did Robin give one away?)

I think maybe I did not paint the scene right in giving details. So this might be my bad. This is like a state of emergency in the city. While they are under attack, most citizens will not be carrying guns as there is no threat in the city they would need them for. It's more like they are dealing with a battle above them and an earthquake.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back