Other Have you ever seen a Role Play end properly?

Well I have had one that might have ended - I lost track of the thread after the fourth chapter. But it had like a believable passage of time and different "chapters" which were events that built along a timeline.

Ex. Event A - someone bombs the school. Event B - students relocated to temporary schooling. Event C - government shuts down school. etc.

So that might have ended or at least reached a conclusion but I couldn't say.

Otherwise no, none of the other roleplays I've been in have come close.

On another site, we put down a schedule for our RP.

GM: Okay, this RP will take place over one In-RP week. Each 'Day' will be one IRL month long.

That's the only time I've ever had an RP come to a natural close.

The RP I GM'ed called "Guild of Heroes," had an ending that is fully applicable and could be called an ending. That was ages ago, though.

I have never been in a RP that ever had a true ending. The one I am currently in with a friend, however, does have a planned ending. How we get there and whether we ever do, only time will tell. So far so good though. We are approaching the RP's one year anniversary!

I've seen a roleplay die gruesomely

kind of joking but they have ALL died for me, usually before the plot even started. One time the host was going to start us on their plot that day but it had just died.

Been role playing for over 15 years. Seen it maybe 3-4 times. Depending on how strict the definition of properly is.

I've had one in my old roleplay site. It was a fantasy 1x1. I might've ended up frustating my partner with so much plot rushing like the river Thames but we ended it, "proper" ending and all.

I've never been in an RP that felt like it even got started! People lose interest so fast...

I've had a few table top games come to a natural end. The only forum game I had come to a natural end was the Exalted Quest I ran myself.

But most games die before their time.

literally only one roleplay i've been in ended with an ending rather than ended due to people flaking. kind of breaks my heart honestly.

Oh! I've seen at least 4 RPs end "properly". It was a pain getting to the end for most of us, but it's really boosted our morale and motivation to make more!

I didn't even know they were supposed to have endings. In my RPs we just keep adding storylines.

I've not only seen it! I've actually been a part of the RP that ended "properly." Both my partner and I just realized it had been going on for a long time and we'd already seen a couple story arcs so we decided to treat it like a book and start tying up loose ends. Eventually it came to a pretty neat close. We even tossed around ideas of treating it like a rough draft for a novel and revising it, but those never went anywhere. It was really fun anyway!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back