• Before posting a question, please check our Frequently Asked Questions page as well as previous threads here. Odds are you aren't the first to ask, and you may find the answer without having to post!

Help Have 'live' notifications stopped after the new site update?

Caffeine Freak

Two Thousand Club
Words cannot express how satisfying it was to just have a tab open in the background and just get notifications. Now they don't come through unless I refresh the page, but I don't know if I've even got one in the first place, so I'm just sitting here spamming reload until something pops up.

Is this gonna be permanent? It's not exactly world ending, but man, I didn't realise how much I appreciated this feature until it stopped.

> OSX

I'm having a problem that I think should go here.

When I click onto the site, the alerts box says no numbers by it, but then when I actually click it, there are plenty of new alerts that show up in the drop-down menu.

I'm not sure if this is a known issue or not, but if it is, is there an estimate on when it will get fixed?

I also have a problem. It shows the number of notifications in red, but then they're not actually colored like in the last version?

Yeah, I'm having the same problem. I have to manual refresh my browsers to see the notifications. Also, on the app, I'm getting zero notifications even though I have notifications on.

Yes, desktop notifications are currently not a thing. We're working on that, and also to have them show up without having to refresh the page first. I believe the app developer is also working on the notifs there.

also to have them show up without having to refresh the page first
Will there be an announcement or anything when this problem is fixed? It's really annoying to have to manually refresh the page every 5-10 minutes, but it's what I've been doing and it will be very nice to know when I don't have to anymore.

Probably not an announcement; we don't like to overuse those and there's enough little fixes that we'd really be spamming if we sent an alert every time we fixed something.

It does seem like it's been fixed so that you don't have to refresh now. At least, it seems to be working on my end.

It does seem like it's been fixed so that you don't have to refresh now. At least, it seems to be working on my end.
It is still not working for me.

I refreshed five minutes ago and had five alerts that were more than a few minutes old.

Probably not an announcement; we don't like to overuse those and there's enough little fixes that we'd really be spamming if we sent an alert every time we fixed something.

It is still not working for me.

I refreshed five minutes ago and had five alerts that were more than a few minutes old.

I'm sometimes having the same problem as Athena RN then other times the notifications are working perfectly.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back