• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

Realistic or Modern Haunted by the Past - OOC Thread

Main
Here
Characters
Here
Other
Here
Small question, is displaying superpowers illegal, or is it just being a superhero / supervillain / vigilante that's criminal?

Small question, is displaying superpowers illegal, or is it just being a superhero / supervillain / vigilante that's criminal?
There isn't any actual legislation against actively having or using powers, rather just vigilantism / crime, but only because it's incredibly uncommon for people to have them in the first place. I'd say it would be generally frowned upon though, to be too flagrant about it, since a lot of people would find it freaky / unnatural, and even though it's not actually a crime, that's no guarantee that someone wouldn't try to have you arrested regardless.

Are there any superpowers that are not allowed? I don't have anything specific in mind yet but I'd like to know just in case.

Are there any superpowers that are not allowed? I don't have anything specific in mind yet but I'd like to know just in case.
I wouldn't say anything is expressly not allowed, as long as people can exercise good judgement about what powers would be fair / fun for you and other people to RP with. As long as it's not something excessive like being omnipotent or having nukes for hands (unless you can put a really cool spin on it) most things should be fine.

It's going to take me a little while to get the background written out, I have some research to do for my guy, lol. But the rest of the sheet I have mostly done, any feedback from anyone?

It's going to take me a little while to get the background written out, I have some research to do for my guy, lol. But the rest of the sheet I have mostly done, any feedback from anyone?

Awesome idea, very fun concept! I’d be curious to see his ‘flight plan’ of a life. Like a time line of when and where he’s been. Otherwise I’d say, especially with a historical character, get ready to research! Or could be fun to play more ignorant of events. I don’t know the details of major events in my lifetime other than what I’ve seen, I can only imagine how things would get murky after a 1000 years.

Awesome idea, very fun concept! I’d be curious to see his ‘flight plan’ of a life. Like a time line of when and where he’s been. Otherwise I’d say, especially with a historical character, get ready to research! Or could be fun to play more ignorant of events. I don’t know the details of major events in my lifetime other than what I’ve seen, I can only imagine how things would get murky after a 1000 years.
Very good point! I'll take that into consideration, especially because it makes things a little bit easier, haha!

I know this is totally a newb question Lol but how do I copy the code for the CS sheet?

You could try pressing the Quote button on the template (first post). That should give you the option to Insert Quote ... (bottom left, next to Attach Files) near the text box where you type your post. Just remember to get rid of the quote tags when you post. :)

You could try pressing the Quote button on the template (first post). That should give you the option to Insert Quote ... (bottom left, next to Attach Files) near the text box where you type your post. Just remember to get rid of the quote tags when you post. :)
That's what I did!

I’d probably Say for more historical accuracy say he was a Thane rather than a knight, more appropriate for time period and location! Otherwise enjoyable! I like his ‘adventures’

Really loving the characters that have come up so far. Looks like we're shaping up to have a very interesting cast.

A discord invite has gone out to everyone that either has a CS or a WIP up in the thread; but it's not essential to join for the RP, it just makes communication easier. If you want to be added to it, either message me, or put something up in the CS thread!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back