• If your recruitment thread involves completely going off site with your partner(s) then it belongs in the Off-Site Ad Area.
  • This area of the site is governed by the official Recruitment rules. Whether you are looking for players or looking for a roleplay, we recommend you read them and familiarize your self with them. Read the Recruitment Rules Here.

Realistic or Modern Hate Makes the World Go Around Too.

Mitheral

"Growf!"
Roleplay Availability
Roleplay Type(s)
FO0L15o9RzrmUh0cIqRISXUofQevWQpfDuJYB72RrDdWsFXJSGPzBP3cS0EOqOpKUCjbk1OPFFnLIPFsGqH62H3U9nvtLnivQvUagcF39JkEUuLNbYsPRIwoYpfBd5VsD8f4lLFga0_45DalP6lDI5c

They say that Love makes the world go around. They say that, don’t they? What no one ever wants to talk about is that Hate makes the world go around too.

Inspiration for this RP was taken from fiction such as Bulletproof Monk, Indiana Jones, Hellboy, Wonder Woman (first movie), and Captain America: First Avenger. Pay special attention to the Nazi themes in these movies. The theme of this RP is all about the Hate and Violence that it brings out and the suffering that occurs, as well as the cyclic nature of these forces. One begets the other. The team will be looking for a supernatural cause.

In recent years acts of violence have been on the rise. Hate crimes. Racism. Mass shootings. War. Just check out the news. One might think the world has gone mad.

There is a small team of investigators of the supernatural who believe that there is a cause for some of this madness. It is a supernatural force that is driving us toward a thrd world war. This is the story of their investigation and their attempts to stop the end of the world and rise of a Fourth Reich. (Please note that this name is debatably a misnomer.)

One of the most difficult tasks of the team is separating personal bias for the persecuted while concentrating on the search for evidence of a supernatural cause. Truth to tell, most of the time there is no supernatural cause. Humans can be just downright hateful. But where such hate occurs, supernatural hate can take root.

Characters
You will all be members of a paranormal investigation team. You will be taken about as seriously as the Ghostbusters. If you ever saw the team in the movie Poltergeist, that will give you an idea of some of the skillsets you will need. You are investigators. Some will have technical skills. Some will have historical skills. Others will study things like Wicca, Hermetic rituals, Moorish Alchemy, the Kabbalah. Try not to overlap one another too badly.

There will be a need for security personnel as well. Let’s face it. If you walk into an area where there has been a recent shooting or abuse of power protest, it can get dangerous. The agency will try to hire men of prior service, USMC topping the list of preferred sources. However, they may have to settle for some guy who happens to know some martial arts and was cheap to hire. After all, money doesn’t grow on trees. (Translation: I am torn about the idea of giving the group a lot of convenient wealth.)

As the team may go international, they will need passports, no serious legal entanglements that prevent travel. Security personnel will have issues with weapons in foreign countries.

For the most part this RP will take place in the USA though. Much of the opening scenes will take place in major metropolitan areas. NYC and LA top the list.

Psychics
I figured I better touch on this subject. I am NOT looking for a bunch of psychics. Even if I were, I wouldn’t allow telepaths or precogs. I considered allowing just one, but even that feels like a bad move. I am going to allow ONE. That will be an NPC. Use her sparingly. She is blind. But if the group thinks she can pick up useful vibes they can pick her up and bring her to a site. She may say no though. There will be times where she simply won’t be able to approach a site without becoming a complete mess.

Posting
Third Person Past Tense
Semi-Literate to Literate
Do not regurgitate other’s posts.
Stay active. Communicate. Use the OOC.
Stick to the plot in IC. A little fluff is nice, but this isn’t a romance novel.

Blank CS
I like the fact that I formatted this so that it is hidden in a spoiler. Keep the CS section neat. Please no harsh color schemes that are painful to my eyes. Fonts large enough to read. I just got glasses. Might already need to get a new prescription. Hoping I am not losing my vision. But it's very possible. Doctors have been concerned and I have been putting off another visit.

I prefer easy to read formats. Don’t make us hunt and scroll all over to find all the sections of your CS. You get resumes like that and they fill up the trashcan. Digital recycling is fortunately cheap. (Was that too harsh?)

Well, it wasn't really psych horror. More like Suspense / Thriller for this version. Standard comics for Overwatch. Look at the Lore of Overwatch and you will see the main villain group.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back