• If your recruitment thread involves completely going off site with your partner(s) then it belongs in the Off-Site Ad Area.
  • This area of the site is governed by the official Recruitment rules. Whether you are looking for players or looking for a roleplay, we recommend you read them and familiarize your self with them. Read the Recruitment Rules Here.

Kekse

Drifter
Roleplay Availability
Roleplay Type(s)
Hi, hello, it's me Kex. I'm looking for another rather specific story and partner this time, so let me lay out my brain for you again.

In today's narrative, our characters are both working for a large firm. A large firm where the CEO is retiring and both of our characters are candidates to be his successor.

Needless to say, this results in some hostility between the pair as they spend all day every day fighting (sometimes literally) to be named the next CEO. Everyone in the office knows of the feud and each has their supporters, nearly bringing the company to its knees.

Outside of work, both characters are obsessed with a new MMORPG (can be VR or not), but since neither talks about their private lives outside of work, neither of them knows the other is a gamer. By happenstance, these two end up in the same clan. They naturally gravitate toward each other as they explore the fantasy world of the game, growing closer and closer every day. By the time they realize they might have feelings for each other, they've both fallen HARD.

Eventually, the pair discover they live in the same city and decide to meet up. How it goes is up for debate when they discover who exactly they've fallen in love with.

I'm going to be playing a male character; you are welcome to play either a male or a female character. In game they can play their actual gender or the opposite gender for an extra surprise/more drama. I'm imagining that during office scenes we'll roleplay as the irl characters and during the game scenes we'll play as the game characters (rather than describing the irl character playing the game, if you know what I mean.) This way we can have a slice of life roleplay with an adventure/fantasy roleplay inside.

What am I looking for in a partner?
- Someone who writes in a comprehensible way (I don't mind a few grammar/spelling mistakes as long as I know what you're going for!)
- Someone who writes in English...
- Someone who also loves to create a world for our characters, including sides and NPCs where necessary.
- Someone who enjoys having a writing partner more than being a game master.
- Someone who will tell me if they're no longer interested in the game.

I'm not overly bothered with how fast we move; I've actually restarted my second job for the season so I might be a little bit slow. My post length varies from post to post, anywhere from a couple of paragraphs to a couple thousand words...in the same roleplay. And so I'm not too bothered with the length of your posts as long as you give me things to work with! What your character is thinking and feeling are great and definitely add depth to the posts, but I'm sure you've all experienced what it's like when your partner writes 95% in their character's head and gives little to interact with...let's try to avoid that!

Whew. That ended up being much longer than I intended, but if you made it this far and you're still interested, definitely hit me up!! Hope to hear from you soon!

-Kex-

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back