Hasterville [MAIN RP Thread!]

Drych

Nobody plans a murder out loud...

Drych wandered the streets, alone. A short, hooded man walked down the street on the West Side. It was finally dark, and finally safe, for both him and those he harbored. He opened the door to his apartment, but there was nobody in the lobby. Instead, there was a very dimly lit hallway that leads underground. His footsteps echoed throughout the area as he passed security levels. His voice resonated within the stairs, never leaving the apartment.

"Security level one. Too many to count."  He walked down the stairs, bored. Slowly, they became more and more interesting. Level two security, with metal cages, housed many prisoners. This contained the majority of prisoners. "I feared I'd have to make this choice. Let's see which one I hate the most. That one will be transferred to level three." The only person in Drych's mind was Athena Haren. He felt the need to move her to level three.

Athena huddled in her metal cage, her head lowered. Just a couple weeks ago they had chopped off her long hair, leaving her with a sort of jagged pixie cut. It didn't bother the boy/girl too much, but they'd done it out of spite. She'd tried to bargain with a guard, and they were not happy when he reported her. Still, she'd always been good, so she decided she'd be safe. She kept her head down, arms clutching her legs as she tried to get any warmth she could. Drych's footsteps came closer, but she assumed he was just passing.

"Unpredictability." D.C. explained. "It's quite apparent that this is far from the safest place in the world. There's quite a lot that can go wrong in a town where everyone is extraordinary." On the map, there were two dots that were much bigger than the others. The first was in the center of the city; Energetics. The second was close to the center, but still a bit of a walk from it. There was no telling what it was.

"Excellent. So we have a deal." D.C. dispelled his screen and rose from the chair.

"So, just out of curiosity, what have you been working on?"

@YoungX

Drych

Unfortunately for Athena, Drych stopped right at his cage. He'd never seen him as dangerous and knew that there were things that he could exploit. "Athena, I'm moving you to the third level. Stand up, put your hands behind your back, and turn around." His voice was cold. Devices were rigged to each cage that would immediately detain anyone who refused. That, and he was no stranger to struggling captives. Just running an underground operation like this was risky enough on its own.

@Echo Dreamsong

Donny Macintosh

"Oh me? Well... I'll show you." Donny would get up from his chair and walk towards his right side to open up a door leading to a small work area. 

"This Garage has a work area that's for vehicles such as cars and motorcycles. I've been working on giving an old abandoned car some love and shine in hopes of driving it around some time." There would be what seems to be a car covered by a large tarp. He would remove the tarp to unveil a Toyota AE86, a very old model made in Japan. 

"Behold. A Toyota AE86 right here in Hasterville. When I first saw it just sitting there in the garage all crapped up... I just couldn't believe it. A Japanese Import car here in Hasterville? It's pretty unreal but I guess the original owner of Eddy's Garage just had one of these. Honestly I don't know anything about Hasterville's actual history so I guess imports could've existed here. Anyways I'm currently giving this thing a new engine since a 1.6 L 4A-C is really outdated. It's right over there." Donny would point towards an engine in the state of being built on a table near the Eight-Six. 

[Picture for reference]

t2.jpg

@Hollycrest

Last edited by a moderator:

Drych

Unfortunately for Athena, Drych stopped right at his cage. He'd never seen him as dangerous and knew that there were things that he could exploit. "Athena, I'm moving you to the third level. Stand up, put your hands behind your back, and turn around." His voice was cold. Devices were rigged to each cage that would immediately detain anyone who refused. That, and he was no stranger to struggling captives. Just running an underground operation like this was risky enough on its own.

@Echo Dreamsong

Athena's head shot up and he stared at Drych in shock. "B-But I didn't do anything!" He cried, eyes wide. His chest was moving faster than he had thought possible and he scooted farther into the corner. Sure, it was risking the cage, but he was scared okay? Being one of the first, he had heard all about the third level. "I-I can't go down there!" Athena cried, looking at Drych nervously. "Please! Y-You can't send me down there!" His powers were starting to flare up, meaning his hair was swirling in the slightest, but nothing drastic. 

Drych

"It's not as bad as others make it out to be. It's just for my security, got that? You see, I'm a small man, I got nothing to offer."  Drych held up a cloaked arm. There wasn't much evidence of muscle, but he did always keep a knife on him in case he needed a quick dosage of someone else's pain.  "Trust me, this won't hurt a bit." 

He took a short jump into the cage. However, instead of slamming into the cage wall he simply phased through it. Before hitting the ground, his hand rematerialized, grabbed Athena's arm. Just a second later, after passing through an area between the walls that neither of them would be physically capable of comprehending, Athena would find himself in a pitch black room, filled to about a two feet deep with extremely salty water. Drych would be looking in through the window, but nowhere to be seen. "You are not alone, Athena. Welcome to Level three. You won't find your senses very reliable here." He flipped a button, and suddenly...a pair of two red eyes illuminated in the darkness. The eyes darted to Athena's direction, then it was pitch black once again. 

@Echo Dreamsong

Drych

"It's not as bad as others make it out to be. It's just for my security, got that? You see, I'm a small man, I got nothing to offer."  Drych held up a cloaked arm. There wasn't much evidence of muscle, but he did always keep a knife on him in case he needed a quick dosage of someone else's pain.  "Trust me, this won't hurt a bit." 

He took a short jump into the cage. However, instead of slamming into the cage wall he simply phased through it. Before hitting the ground, his hand rematerialized, grabbed Athena's arm. Just a second later, after passing through an area between the walls that neither of them would be physically capable of comprehending, Athena would find himself in a pitch black room, filled to about a two feet deep with extremely salty water. Drych would be looking in through the window, but nowhere to be seen. "You are not alone, Athena. Welcome to Level three. You won't find your senses very reliable here." He flipped a button, and suddenly...a pair of two red eyes illuminated in the darkness. The eyes darted to Athena's direction, then it was pitch black once again. 

@Echo Dreamsong

Athena backed into the corner, water sloshing around him as he backed further into the wall. "N-Nononono! I-I WAS GOOD!" He sobbed, slumping down into the water. "PLEASE! G-GET ME OUT!" He began splashing at the water, trying to keep sound going in what was a silent room. "Please... Anyone?" Athena begged, staring at where the eyes had shone. 

Drych

It wasn't Drych's place to listen to her. The room was designed to completely deprive the inhabitants of their senses, so he let the noise die out quickly. While Athena was busy struggling, Drych had already made his way back to his room, where he opened his computer to see what was going on in Hasterville.

<Open for interaction? Dark web...>

???

"You're here too..." A weak female voice sounded from the corner before dying out. There was no sound of water from the corner, only the voice. There were no outlines to be made out in the darkness either, seeing as nothing glowed at all. 

@Echo Dreamsong

???

"You're here too..." A weak female voice sounded from the corner before dying out. There was no sound of water from the corner, only the voice. There were no outlines to be made out in the darkness either, seeing as nothing glowed at all. 

@Echo Dreamsong

Athena blinked, though it wasn't noticeable. "I-I'm Athena... What's your name? H-How long are we going to be in here?" He asked nervously, remaining in his corner because he felt safer there.

???

"My name?" The voice didn't respond. SS had no name. She was simply referred to as SS, or 0. She never truly felt it was her name. "I-I don't k-know..." The figure had her head against the wall, though in the darkness it didn't matter. She heard something hit the wall, simply because it was Athena backing up against the wall. Finally, the sound of water moving was barely audible throughout the tank. The figure moved to the corners until finally, she bumped into Athena. It was pretty apparent she was a girl. SS felt around Athena, and then slowly put her arms around the other human. "We're not the only ones in here..."

@Echo Dreamsong

???

"My name?" The voice didn't respond. SS had no name. She was simply referred to as SS, or 0. She never truly felt it was her name. "I-I don't k-know..." The figure had her head against the wall, though in the darkness it didn't matter. She heard something hit the wall, simply because it was Athena backing up against the wall. Finally, the sound of water moving was barely audible throughout the tank. The figure moved to the corners until finally, she bumped into Athena. It was pretty apparent she was a girl. SS felt around Athena, and then slowly put her arms around the other human. "We're not the only ones in here..."

@Echo Dreamsong

Athena looked up at the girl, relieved at some kind of contact. "C-Can I call you... Can I call you... Well, maybe Lucy? I knew a nice Lucy, she went on to be really respected... Or I can call you something else?" He asked nervously, trying to think of other names. "Or Fortune? A-And who else is here?" He asked, leaning a bit on SS.

???

SS sighed. "Don' like that name. It sounds too friendly. And don' touch me, I'm naked." This wasn't true, but her clothes had definitely dried and cracked at certain parts because of the salty water, stained with blood, and, well, there wasn't much to begin with. "He calls me SS. I don't know." She rubbed her arm and looked at her hand, though in the darkness it made no sense. "Got anything sharp on you?"

@Echo Dreamsong

Elaine Arini || Nadia Arini ||  Jax Arini

"Well...I think that's settled." Nadia whispered. She had dark circles under her eyes for a while. She yawned and slumped against the wall, falling asleep. "Wow, goodnight Nadia. Looks like she ate too much pain for one day." Jax rubbed the side of his head and went to the other closet, pulling out a bunch of mattresses. "Hey, I have to work the night shift at the Hasterville Bar. Nadia, you're in charge." Elaine grabbed a black dress and went to the bathroom.

"Nadia's in charge? Oh no..."

@Echo Dreamsong

???

SS sighed. "Don' like that name. It sounds too friendly. And don' touch me, I'm naked." This wasn't true, but her clothes had definitely dried and cracked at certain parts because of the salty water, stained with blood, and, well, there wasn't much to begin with. "He calls me SS. I don't know." She rubbed her arm and looked at her hand, though in the darkness it made no sense. "Got anything sharp on you?"

@Echo Dreamsong

Athena looked a bit confused, but she went with it. "Can I call you Sheena? I-It means gift from god, I don't believe in that, b-but having someone else here is a gift..." She mumbled, rubbing her own arm. "A-And no? I-I didn't have time to grab anything..."

Elaine Arini || Nadia Arini ||  Jax Arini

"Well...I think that's settled." Nadia whispered. She had dark circles under her eyes for a while. She yawned and slumped against the wall, falling asleep. "Wow, goodnight Nadia. Looks like she ate too much pain for one day." Jax rubbed the side of his head and went to the other closet, pulling out a bunch of mattresses. "Hey, I have to work the night shift at the Hasterville Bar. Nadia, you're in charge." Elaine grabbed a black dress and went to the bathroom.

"Nadia's in charge? Oh no..."

@Echo Dreamsong

Agathe ignored him and cradled Matthew, and whispering things. He squirmed in her lap, looking very guilty. "Nooo!" He cried, struggling to get away from Agathe as she tickled him. Kynthia chuckled and sat down on the floor. 
"Do ya got anything Matthew could play with? He tends to stay put if he's entertained..."

SS

"I just don't have a name...o-okay?" SS closed her eyes and leaned against the wall, not sure which side was the one that they were coming from. It really felt like they were trapped in a limbo since the corners always seemed to turn away. "Doesn't matter. I think he's gonna put us in the chamber. I'll tell you this first. When he says don't tense up, tense up." 

Nadia Arini ||  Jax Arini

"Y-yhh..."  Nadia sleepily rolled and got to her feet, walking into the other room. She came back a few minutes later with a bunch of magnets, which was about the most fun someone could have in the West side in the household.  "Well...what do y'alls want to do...?"

"Could Elaine put anyone else in charge...? Nadia you don't do ANYTHING..."

@Echo Dreamsong

Elaine Arini

Elaine went past the lock and onto the street. She kept a close eye on the street in the off chance she'd run into a mugger or something, but it was unlikely at this point she'd actually run into someone she didn't want to since it was early in the night and too early for robbers. She began to pick up the pace towards the Hasterville bar. Of course, there was no lack of criminal activity on her side, judging by how shady the bar was in the first place. It was a perfect place for information or whatever, for a little price of course...

<Open for interaction>

SS

"I just don't have a name...o-okay?" SS closed her eyes and leaned against the wall, not sure which side was the one that they were coming from. It really felt like they were trapped in a limbo since the corners always seemed to turn away. "Doesn't matter. I think he's gonna put us in the chamber. I'll tell you this first. When he says don't tense up, tense up." 

Athena shuddered, running his hands up and down his arms to try and get a sensation. "I-I tense up whenever he speaks... W-Why did he put us down here though? We didn't do anything wrong did we?" He asked nervously, looking down.

"Y-yhh..."  Nadia sleepily rolled and got to her feet, walking into the other room. She came back a few minutes later with a bunch of magnets, which was about the most fun someone could have in the West side in the household.  "Well...what do y'alls want to do...?"

"Could Elaine put anyone else in charge...? Nadia you don't do ANYTHING..."

@Echo Dreamsong

Matthew giggled in delight, reaching out and grabbing the magnets. He let them click together and pulled them apart again, repeating this. Some kids like expensive toys, Matthew likes magnets. "Well, I think she's nice!" Kynthia protested to Jax.

@JPax

By the time Ronda had pulled up to the building where the corporal had been murdered, night had fallen. She parked get chopper and approached the building, covering her face with an American flag patterned bandanna.

"I see" The knight said. oddly the voice came from everywhere... "if you see a caped figure on a rooftop looking at you" the distorted voice of the knight said. "it's never a good idea to attack it" as the voice came from behind peter and suddenly two pairs of white eyes light up behind him.

"I see" The knight said. oddly the voice came from everywhere... "if you see a caped figure on a rooftop looking at you" the distorted voice of the knight said. "it's never a good idea to attack it" as the voice came from behind peter and suddenly two pairs of white eyes light up behind him.

Far away (8 miles) in archeological research facility. 

*Radio static* "we have recovered the coffin. We are going to open it soon. You have the gear we ordered right?"

The radio cut out and another man spoke.

"Yea, it's in the locker. Just go to the locker roo- wait what was that no*radio static* we have a intruder!!. Armed with shotgun an-"the sound of bone crunching was heard before the radio was destroyed. The either his neck was snapped or his skull crushed. Sirens started to go off in the base and in the 2 miles around the area (for reasons such as a escaped subject) echoing for atleast 3 more miles. 

(Are there TV's/news people here?)

(Open for interaction)

Drych

"Didn't kill that man now did you?" Drych's voice rang through the walls of the building. Lexington's corpse remained on the ground, headless, and with a bloody refrigerator lying beside it. "You should probably leave the crime scene before the police catch you of course..."

Some of Lexington's blood rolled along the floor, as if something was pushing a part of the floor down.

@Crispy Fries

Heather Vasiliev

"Oh come on, Knight." Heather felt like face-palming at that point, finding it quite irritating he kept showing up and stalking anyone. No, this wasn't the Knight's fault. It was that man with the light powers, who did nothing but flash around whatever powers he had. This wasn't the first time Heather was faced with the prospect of someone dying or getting injured because they weren't careful with who they revealed their abilities to. Either way, she felt it was her place to rightfully defend the man. "He doesn't know any better. He just got scared and used his abilities. Leave him alone, please. We don't need innocent men dying." Heather walked forward and held a hand up. She walked past the bag man and the light guy. Sure, most people would be pissing their pants in front of Knight, but Heather knew that she had done something...

@Loyal Guardian @Doctor Nope @Salex The Baldie

Nadia frowned. "That's okay. Anyways, as all of your superiors, I request that all of you decide on what you want to do before I say you have to go to bed." A few seconds later, Jax threw a box at Nadia. "Ow! Jhhrrxx..." Nadia narrowed her eyes at Jax. Sure, it looked wrong that she was about to fight the smallest person in the room (aside from Matthew), but Jax didn't mind. "Come on! You know I'll win!" Jax stuck his tongue out and raised his hands.

SS

SS ran her finger down Athena's shoulder. "Shh...calm down... they will hear us if you don't." So far, SS could make out there was a way out of the deprivation chamber, but they'd need Drych to be around. "Don't drink the salt water. If you throw up, you'll be electrocuted. K found out the hard way." SS suddenly grabbed Athena's hand, and just for a split second, the two glowing eyes returned, just two inches under Athena's eye level.  "Don't let go. We're leaving the corner."

@Echo Dreamsong

SS

SS ran her finger down Athena's shoulder. "Shh...calm down... they will hear us if you don't." So far, SS could make out there was a way out of the deprivation chamber, but they'd need Drych to be around. "Don't drink the salt water. If you throw up, you'll be electrocuted. K found out the hard way." SS suddenly grabbed Athena's hand, and just for a split second, the two glowing eyes returned, just two inches under Athena's eye level.  "Don't let go. We're leaving the corner."

@Echo Dreamsong

Athena froze, shaky whispered breathing escaping. "I-I don't think we should..." She whispered, tensing like crazy. "Co-corners are safe!" Still, as SS moved, she followed being lead by the hand.

Nadia frowned. "That's okay. Anyways, as all of your superiors, I request that all of you decide on what you want to do before I say you have to go to bed." A few seconds later, Jax threw a box at Nadia. "Ow! Jhhrrxx..." Nadia narrowed her eyes at Jax. Sure, it looked wrong that she was about to fight the smallest person in the room (aside from Matthew), but Jax didn't mind. "Come on! You know I'll win!" Jax stuck his tongue out and raised his hands.

Agathe glared at both of them, bouncing Matthew. He did not look happy, seeing as he was about to cry at the sight of a fight. "No. You will do nothing of the sort. This room is now a safe place. An- Kynthia! No! Don't open the lock!"
"But I wanna go out!" The girl whined. 
"No!" Agathe responded and Kynthia returned to her place.

Far away (8 miles) in archeological research facility. 

*Radio static* "we have recovered the coffin. We are going to open it soon. You have the gear we ordered right?"

The radio cut out and another man spoke.

"Yea, it's in the locker. Just go to the locker roo- wait what was that no*radio static* we have a intruder!!. Armed with shotgun an-"the sound of bone crunching was heard before the radio was destroyed. The either his neck was snapped or his skull crushed. Sirens started to go off in the base and in the 2 miles around the area (for reasons such as a escaped subject) echoing for atleast 3 more miles. 

(Are there TV's/news people here?)

(Open for interaction)

(Any hero want to save the day?)

Peter rubbed the back of his head at night, once again making a ball of light so he can see in the alley way. "Yeah sorry about all of that, it's just that nobody has been excited to see my abilities in years. So I kind of got carried away, i'll try to limit them." He got a closer look at knight, who was wearing some type of armor and equipment. Peter gave a quick smile before talking again. "So are you the protector of the city, you know that isn't official law enforcement?"

@JPax @Salex The Baldie @Doctor Nope @Yappi

Marceline raised an eyebrow at the little collection of strange people, not even a little phased when the young women started attacking the other. "Well, sorry for intruding your little party here, you wouldn't happen to know anything about that guy I was chasing would you?" She questioned, looking up at M with a little bit of fear and instinctually keeping a tight grip on her knife. "You know what? on second thought it might just be easier to go track the guy, have fun with your little beat 'em up" She smiled, waving her hand to the group before taking a running start and leaping to the next building, being careful not to fall.

@JPax @Buckteeth @Shammy the Shamrock

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Marceline leaped from roof to roof, checking down several alleys was and having to stop occasionally to untangle her grappling hook. She jumped one more roof before stopping, spying a suit like structure in the distance. 'Don't know anyone else who wears that getup' she smirked to herself, focusing on the object and looking down upon it in the alley. "Hey! Kni...what the, um..." She shouted then awkwardly stopped herself, jumping down a nearby fire escape down to the suited person. "Um you're not knight...err you would of happened to see a guy with a  cape around her would you?" Marcy asked, looking the guy up and down from behind her glasses. 

@Loyal Guardian

Users who are viewing this thread