Hasterville [MAIN RP Thread!]

Val Valry

Val wasn't even remotely scared of the sign. For someone who could simply pass through the barbed wire fence simply through a long drag on his cigarette, there was definitely no reason to be scared. However, as many abilities as Val did have, he wasn't stupid and didn't intend to find out the hard way what being mowed down was. Besides, he didn't have time. Val walked over to the rusty intercom and extended a finger to it. "I don't have time for this. If you're open twenty-four-seven then tell me."

@The Fabulous Emerald

Val would hear about 5 seconds of static or so, then an automated message saying 'Devon isn't here right now. Please come back later.'. However, Val would also hear that mechanical rumbling beep twice quickly, then get louder as it heads to the front gate. There is also the faint buzzing sound, as Kite activates, then flies around the skies. Neither of them are affected by the dark.

Devon awakes with a start, as he hears someone's voice in the intercom. After a minute or so, he wakes himself up to head to the intercom.

@JPax

Val Valry

"No thanks, I'll wait here." Val muttered to himself, and didn't move an inch. He looked up to see the robots and such. Val turned to the rather small man walking towards the intercom, then back at the flying bot. Surely he could expect to see stuff like this within Hasterville, though he had seen worse. However, he was still intrigued slightly by what kind of man had a junkyard guarded by robots. He turned back towards the man, hands still in his pocket. Val's pose wasn't the most impressive thing in the world, seeing as he was quite slouched over. The dark circles under his dark eyes contrasted sharply with his pale skin. The investigator cleared his throat and pulled the cigarette out of his mouth as he waited for the man.

@The Fabulous Emerald

"What? Do you know what time it is? What do you want from me?"

Devon is a bit grouchy, to say at the least. He stays behind the electric fence, but he is joined by two friendly looking minigun barrels aimed directly at Val. They spin, but don't fire.

"Tell me what you want from me!"

Devon is getting quite impatient now. Devon has also had an overhaul on his personality to make him actually paranoid.

@JPax

Val Valry

"Nothing too much, I need to buy some shit from Devon. If you're the guard, call him." Val pulled out a small container of Moon Cheese® Crackers package from his pocket. He waved his cigarette around a little bit, distributing the smoke in the air before putting a cheese cracker into his mouth. "Goh ohn, tehll hirm I harve mohnmney ahsh wehll." He said calmly, with his mouth full. Val shoved his hand back into his pocket. 

@The Fabulous Emerald 

[Got machine guns pointed at you? Eat some Moon Cheese® Crackers]

"Buy? What do you want to buy from me? I have scrap, and not much else."

The two miniguns still spin at him, and Kite has already taken aim and locked on.

@JPax

Val Valry

"What I need scrap for isn't your business. Your business is that you can give it to me, and I'll give you money, at least $50. It's simple, really." Val wasn't going to resort to stealing. He could easily find another place to take scrap from, such as the streets. Sure, it would take a bit more effort, but it would also be free. He had money, so why not use it? "So are you going to keep those guns spinning all day? They're really hurting my ears." Val took out another Moon Cheese® Cracker and bit into it.

@The Fabulous Emerald

"What are you wanting, exactly? Steel? Aluminium?"

Devon has a quick, almost panicked tone. This guy, whom he doesn't know, has approached him in the middle of the night to barter with him? He decides that the turret needs to stay active. For his own safety.

@JPax

Drych

"Vigilante justice knows no rules. Some are good, some are bad."  Drych reached out to grab something from the wall, but his hand just phased through it. It was a calculated move, however, as he just wanted to show he was an apparition. "So, what I'm saying is that you look like one too. Are you going to bring him to justice or what?"

@Crispy Fries

(Jason: top kek's)

Jax Arini ||  Nadia Arini

Even though Jax was mad with the others for what they'd done, and he didn't care about Matthew's crying, he still held the shotgun tight as he looked out the window. The gun remained in his hand, tight, and ready to be fired if needed. He didn't care how terrible his guests acted, they were still guests. Besides, he had met worse so this wasn't really anything out of the ordinary. At least Nadia didn't go and hurt herself.

Nadia heard the others through the wall. Her senses were extremely receptive to anything. Through teary eyes and sobs, Nadia kicked the door hard. "O-Open up. Open it!" She kicked it harder, but Jax did absolutely nothing but stand guard. After a while, the kicking died down and a raw 'thud' rang from the ground outside the door.

@Echo Dreamsong

Agathe bolted up at the sound and began pulling at the door. "W-What's going on out there?" She asked frantically, pulling and trying to get out.

Val Valry

"Steel. How about 20 kilograms of it. I can deal with the refining and molding process at home." Val pulled out another Moon Cheese cracker and ate it. His supply was running low but they were definitely good crackers. "Okay, you really should relax. It's not good for your heart." He put another cheese cracker into his mouth and held onto it this time.

@The Fabulous Emerald

Nadia Arini

Nadia lay there at the doorstep, fast asleep. She remained there for quite a while, not rolling down the stairs or going anywhere. There was a puddle of water where her head lay, seeing as she was crying before she went to sleep.

Jax Arini

"Agathe, you better not touch my sister." Jax didn't take his eyes off of the window, but his shotgun went somewhat slack as if he was paying attention to both sides. His eyes shifted to the side and his face went from serious to concerned.

@Echo Dreamsong

Val Valry

"Steel. How about 20 kilograms of it. I can deal with the refining and molding process at home." Val pulled out another Moon Cheese cracker and ate it. His supply was running low but they were definitely good crackers. "Okay, you really should relax. It's not good for your heart." He put another cheese cracker into his mouth and held onto it this time.

@The Fabulous Emerald

Nadia Arini

Nadia lay there at the doorstep, fast asleep. She remained there for quite a while, not rolling down the stairs or going anywhere. There was a puddle of water where her head lay, seeing as she was crying before she went to sleep.

Jax Arini

"Agathe, you better not touch my sister." Jax didn't take his eyes off of the window, but his shotgun went somewhat slack as if he was paying attention to both sides. His eyes shifted to the side and his face went from serious to concerned.

@Echo Dreamsong

Agathe looked very scared. "What was the shot?" She asked, turning to see Kynthia playing with Matthew. Agathe didn't try to go to Nadia, but she did look pretty concerned.

"Just 20 kilograms? $40."

Hey, if he was willing to pay $50 for a dumbbell sized lump of metal, then $40 is good enough. Devon types on his phone, and a few seconds later Kite flew over to the 'Steel' pile, where Lifter had already moved to. About a minute of thumping and clattering later, Lifter drops a roughly 15cm cube of steel past the gate, and extends a clamp hand to Val, expecting money.

"There. Now pay up."

@JPax

@JPax

"Yeah, I think I will. After all, he dropped a refrigerator on an honest policeman's head! But... I wouldn't mind if you tagged along. I might need some help to take him down."

Nadia Arini

Nadia perked up immediately at Agathe's talking and ran to the window. "I hear someone walking around the corner in the back. Their footsteps are slow. I don't know what's going on but I don't like it." Of course, this was only caught because of Nadia's enhanced senses. It may have gone unnoticed if the man went somewhere else.  "They're coming this way..."

Jax Arini

"There's a slug in there. Not very pleasant to be hit with-WHAT?!" Jax held the gun tighter and looked back out the window. "Okay, uh...everyone hide under the bed, Nadia and I will handle it. We're locked up for the night aren't we?"

@Echo Dreamsong

Val Valry

Val slapped $40 into the robot's hand, as well as the empty packet of Moon Cheese. He then picked up the hunk of metal and stared at it for an uncomfortably long period of time. "Hmm...I did ask for scrap but never thought it would..." Val's examination continued as he climbed onto a nearby garbage can and stood on top of it. He looked awfully suspicious as if something was wrong with the metal.

@The Fabulous Emerald

Drych

"I suppose if it's the push you need." Drych walked off of the dresser and onto the ground. He was extremely careful not to make a sound. Surely enough the Knight could be disposed of in the near future, but for now Drych needed to gather weapons. "There is a shotgun behind my body. It's stained, but it's still functional. Two slugs are inside. There's also a pistol. That's empty." Drych's guesses were correct, except for the fact that the shotgun had two buckshot rounds, not slugs. Although it was unlikely anyone would examine the inside of the shotgun shells.

@Crispy Fries

Devon doesn't particularly care. He got paid. He recalls Lifter, who is surprisingly delicate and nimble, and moves in a very human-like way. Other than its large body and mass, it is also quite silent when it moves. It is well lubricated, it seems. Just to not seem unprofessional, Devon decides to pipe up. He doesn't care in the slightest, however, and honestly just wants to get back to sleep.

"What's wrong? You asked for steel, I gave you steel. If you were expecting military grade, you've came to the wrong place. And it will cost you more."

Devon probably has an old tank or something lying around somewhere. If Val pays enough, he can always give him a armour plate or something.

@JPax

Nadia Arini

Nadia perked up immediately at Agathe's talking and ran to the window. "I hear someone walking around the corner in the back. Their footsteps are slow. I don't know what's going on but I don't like it." Of course, this was only caught because of Nadia's enhanced senses. It may have gone unnoticed if the man went somewhere else.  "They're coming this way..."

Jax Arini

"There's a slug in there. Not very pleasant to be hit with-WHAT?!" Jax held the gun tighter and looked back out the window. "Okay, uh...everyone hide under the bed, Nadia and I will handle it. We're locked up for the night aren't we?"

@Echo Dreamsong

Agathe stiffened, going to hold Matthew. "I-I can do something too... Remember, charm..." She handed Matthew to Kynthia and went back to Jax. "Let me at least try and make them go..."

Athena looked up at SS nervously. Well, at least she thought it was up, she wasn't too sure anymore. "Should we really do this?" She asked, still sticking to the cornr.

@JPax

D.C. nodded. "I see, interesting." He didn't know much about cars, but they couldn't be much different from computers. He ran a few numbers and looked up reference images on the make of the car. It was definitely not native to Hasterville, that was for sure.

@YoungX

Val Valry

"The quality's alright, though I doubt you can do anything about the smell. Hmm..." Val squatted down on the garbage bin and continued to look at the cube of steel, amused. More amused than when he was looking at the robots, in fact. He then dropped it on the ground, with a resonating thunk. "Mmhm." He then jumped down, landing on top of the cube in the same position. He tapped the metal hard a few times, and then smashed it with a fist with as much force as he could. Hearing that satisfying ring, Val picked up the cube one last time. The metal passed the test. Almost. Val wrapped his arms around the metal and hugged it as tightly as he could. Then he put his mouth against the metal and dragged his tongue along the surface.

Val's tired eyes turned up to meet Devon's once again. "The metal passed the test. Here are the 40 dollars."  He pulled out 40 dollars. Devon had taken 40 dollars in counterfeit. "Pleasure doing business with you." Val put the 40 dollars on top of the rusty intercom and waited.

@The Fabulous Emerald

Nadia Arini

Jax Arini

"Shh!!" Both siblings said in unison to Agathe, attempting to get her to stop talking so loudly. Nadia and Jax had both forgotten about Agathe's power or whatever by now. "Get under the bed! Now!" Nadia's glare wasn't going to take no for an answer. She went up to the door and put her ear against the wall, while Jax aimed the shotgun at the door. "I have an idea, in that case. There's a hatch on the wall. Open it. There are six levers. Pull the left top, right bottom, center top, and then center bottom. Then do whatever charm thing you want. I'm not having you shot on my watch."

The sound of footsteps was audible on the stairs downstairs. Nadia turned to Jax. "I can hear...steps. 3, male. One of them is over 200 pounds. Another one has a weird static vibe to it. One of them has a gun. Get down, now!" 

@Echo Dreamsong

Donny Macintosh

"Well anyways," Donny would put the tarp back on and head back to the main section of the Garage. He would look towards one of the workbenches and back to D.C who was using his computer. 

"Do you have some portable internet or something? I don't think this part of Hasterville has any wifi or let alone any good computers. Is it some proxy server you set up or something?" Donny was somewhat familiar with computers since he read some books about them. It was bundled up with books on machinery that he found at the garage so he felt the need to ask.

@Hollycrest

Devon's eyes narrow as he tells Lifter to go get the money. As he does so, the big machine goes through the automated door gate thing (you could probably guess he turned off the electricity for it) then grabs the money with mechanical precision. Despite its huge size, the machine's clamp hands seem pretty deft at picking even the smallest of things up. After all, that is what it was built to do. After doing so, it returns, and the defenses go back up.

"Next time you want business, come at opening hours."

With that, he turns and leaves. Of course, if one were to ask for further business..? Devon is probably known for selling robots, too. I don't see why he wouldn't. The police would probably use them?

@JPax

Nadia Arini

Jax Arini

"Shh!!" Both siblings said in unison to Agathe, attempting to get her to stop talking so loudly. Nadia and Jax had both forgotten about Agathe's power or whatever by now. "Get under the bed! Now!" Nadia's glare wasn't going to take no for an answer. She went up to the door and put her ear against the wall, while Jax aimed the shotgun at the door. "I have an idea, in that case. There's a hatch on the wall. Open it. There are six levers. Pull the left top, right bottom, center top, and then center bottom. Then do whatever charm thing you want. I'm not having you shot on my watch."

The sound of footsteps was audible on the stairs downstairs. Nadia turned to Jax. "I can hear...steps. 3, male. One of them is over 200 pounds. Another one has a weird static vibe to it. One of them has a gun. Get down, now!" 

@Echo Dreamsong

Agathe scooted over to the wall and pulled the levers as quietly as she could. Then she shoved her sibling under the bed and finally used a bit of charmspeak on Matthew to calm him. She didn't like the way his eyes glazed or that he immediately followed her command. She wanted them to at least give a little consent in what she was doing

"Something like that. I've got a large radius on my wireless connectivity, so I never have Wi-Fi problems.. I can even can tap into a few wireless towers outside the range of the city as well..." D.C. opened another window in mid-air, which displayed a long list of wireless networks for his computer-brain to tap into.

@YoungX

Donny Macintosh

"Outside the city." Donny took a bit and thought of the world outside of Hasterville. He was born and raised in Hasterville as a wandering boy who reverse engineered machines to pass the time. So when D.C mentioned wireless towers outside the city he would be curious.

"I always wondered... I've been born and raised in this... in this well... city. We can't leave even though we want to. So we have to work with whatever we've got in this city. I've made a living taking apart and putting back together machines but sometimes I wonder what it would be like to life outside this place. Honestly a part of me wishes I could go out there." Donny would sit back down to the table on the ground floor as he took out a cola from his mini-fridge. 

@Hollycrest

Last edited by a moderator:
"Yes, I'm sure everyone's felt that way at some point. But on the other hand, this city has so much drama that it's quite the adventure." D.C. leaned back in a chair and opened a window of a cat video in front of his face. He smiled watching the furry creature, forgetting any troubles he might have had.

@YoungX

Users who are viewing this thread