Experiences Has Anyone Taken Part In An RP That Actually Reached The End Of The Story?

ChrisReaper

Demon Slayer
Legit question I had. I've been RP'ing for about fifteen years now and never once...I mean once, took part in an RP that actually reached it's designated conclusion. I.E...the RP didn't die after a few posts, lol. I think this could actually be the Holy Grail of the RP world :closed eyes open smile:. Share your experiences as I would love to know!

Hmmmm, I mean definitely I’ve gotten into the middle of an rp, and it got really juicy. Then one person who was crucial to the story disappeared and then everyone started dropping like flies.
It’s funny because, a new rp would start up in the same fandom and the same people would come along and join. Then rise and repeat

It really sucks.

I've plotted the end to an rp. Like, my partner and I came up with a whole book one for a roleplay we're in but have only posted a handful of IC posts each.

I've plotted the end to an rp. Like, my partner and I came up with a whole book one for a roleplay we're in but have only posted a handful of IC posts each.

Wow that blows, to plot out an entire book and not even get more than a few posts in. I can't even imagine how crushingly disappointing that must've been.

Wow that blows, to plot out an entire book and not even get more than a few posts in. I can't even imagine how crushingly disappointing that must've been.
I mean, we're still pretty happy with the rp itself. Talking about the plot and our characters has given us the chance to become better friends. It was our first rp together and two years later we've still a huge attachment to it despite not having written that much for it.

Well, I finished an RP once. It was a good ol' fantasy RP where a force of chaos invaded the realm and everyone was supposed to ban together against it. It was fun playing the kingdom with ulterior motive. The RP ended with the invaders defeated, but the devil race ends up occupying half of the realm afterward. It was a good experience.

Well, I finished an RP once. It was a good ol' fantasy RP where a force of chaos invaded the realm and everyone was supposed to ban together against it. It was fun playing the kingdom with ulterior motive. The RP ended with the invaders defeated, but the devil race ends up occupying half of the realm afterward. It was a good experience.

How long did the RP take to finish?

I was part of a Naruto RP years ago, which began to die as its members quit RPing. Even though I would’ve liked to develop my character a bit more, the GM decided it was time for the RP to come to an end. That was the only time I’ve ever actually finished an RP that I was part of. Overall the experience was very fun, and I made some long lasting relationships with some really great people!

I was part of a Naruto RP years ago, which began to die as its members quit RPing. Even though I would’ve liked to develop my character a bit more, the GM decided it was time for the RP to come to an end. That was the only time I’ve ever actually finished an RP that I was part of. Overall the experience was very fun, and I made some long lasting relationships with some really great people!

But did the intended story of the RP actually reach it's planned ending?

Kind of? I've had one that drove right through quite a few solid stopping points along its 4 year run, but we never felt like stopping and just let the story ramble on, eventually people couldn't continue and it stopped mid-arc.

I've had two that have reached their natural endpoints. Both pirate-themed, oddly enough.

The first was a semi-historical Hetalia Human AU between Austria and somebody I met on Omegle's London OC when I was in middle school. Pirate Captain Rain abducts Useless Rich Prettyboy Roderich, and from there it's a nice enemies to friends to lovers kinda deal. The story ended with the two parting ways, both in love with each other, but both lacking the courage to give up the life they had before to stay together because the lives they lead are so vastly different. Bittersweet love never to be fulfilled, and generally an experience that I can look back on fondly.

The second was about a year ago with someone on DeviantArt who I don't talk to anymore. It was between my more of a smuggler than an actual pirate, middle-aged widower and father of three character Thomas, and their half-siren, kind of a twink, son of a really infamous pirate character Jamie. What was supposed to be a romance story ended in an argument where Thomas called Jamie on all the narcissistic abuse he'd put him through in the few months that they've known each other. Unable to deal with being held accountable, Jamie blows his brains out right then and there in front of Thomas, leaving him with the 1/4 siren baby he has no clue how to take care of that had been conceived by way of Jamie drugging and raping Thomas at the start of the story.

Only once, several years ago. The characters I used in it were still new and it really helped me work out their kinks.

Legit question I had. I've been RP'ing for about fifteen years now and never once...I mean once, took part in an RP that actually reached it's designated conclusion. I.E...the RP didn't die after a few posts, lol. I think this could actually be the Holy Grail of the RP world :closed eyes open smile:. Share your experiences as I would love to know!

i mean technically here on rpnation i never really have, though the longest rp i've ever taken part in on here lasted 17 pages and had quite a bit of action haha!

however, when it comes to sites outside of rpnation, i can proudly say that yes i've been part of rps that had fleshed out beginnings, middles, and ends - and then even one of them had a reboot (cause we decided hEY this rp was great - lets do a time skip) and so yeah that was all great

I know this one rp on another forum that has been running for six years and it's still going strong. Like, there's no end in sight. They're taking this to their graves apparently. xD

I think, 'All good things must come to an end.' but most people don't want good things to end. None of my roleplays have had endings. If its open ended people can imagine whatever they want.

I think my longest RP has been 4,6 and 7 months - I used to only roleplay with males who only wanted nsfw roleplays. Then I stumbled into doubling (In the last 9 months) with females and Rps have improved beyond what my words can express. I see my roleplays going on for much longer if the girls can stick it out. One of them got depressed/busy irl and it on hiatus.

Hmm ... there's an implication here that a story is pre planned, and working towards a specific end point. I don't usually rp like that. I find it a little odd to pre plan that much tbh.

I have done quite a few rp storylines that reach the end of "a" story, but it's not necessarily the end of the roleplay, because we start a new story arc. I also did one extremely long rp which I felt reached a natural conclusion and that ere was nothing more to say or do with the characters. My partner wanted to continue, but I felt so strongly that the story had come to an end that I didn't want to play any more with those characters. :/ kinda sad really, but it was an awesome rp.

Yes, and it took three and a quarter years to reach that goal.

It was a five player group roleplay of the fantasy variety, free-form and great liberties. Entirely reliant on player interaction, a sandbox. It was a miraculous feat that it didn't die in the first three months.

I've been in three forum games until completion, been in two others I left but did end up finishing afterwards. Had one I ran that was just about to hit endgame before it died, ran the sequel as a tabletop game which finished. Was in a Pathfinder campaign that finished and I have a Fate Core campaign I'm running that's one session from finishing. Been in a bunch of other forums games that died early as well.

None of this was on RPN and average game length was multiple years for the ones that succeeded. Not counting any one shot tabletop sessions or the Fate Core test game I ran a few times to teach people the system.

Well... Technically yes? But I don't personally count that one since my partner zoomed through the entire story in something like... 2-3 pages. It was the weirdest, most surreal experience that genuinely irked me. I think that was the least amount of effort I've seen put into a RP.

One site I used to be on had the entire site dedicated to the plot and moved in real time. So I had several characters and RPs that “finished”. But really each thread was just a small moment in the character’s life as opposed to overarching. Then I had one character who’s arc completely finished (as I said it was in real time so this happened over years). So I think this is different from what you were asking but still an example of completing an arc.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back