Chitchat Has anyone ever had a blatant feeling of Deja vu?

BunnyVT

The whole club was looking at her
Has anyone felt Deja vu for the oddest reasons? I feel like it's kinda weird if I felt this way

I have Deja Vu all the time. Some times I actually get a little confused about reality. I attribute it to having incredibly vivid dreams quite frequently. I've even referred to my dreams as my 'second life' when telling people about them.
It can be something so small as driving down my road, and the sunlight/time/setting makes it feel like deja vu.
The other day I had a pretty big freelance project come in, and while I was working on it, the entire time I was thinking.. "but I've done this before." Because, I had, in a dream. That exact project.

Last edited:
Anyways what happened that made you have deja vu? I'm always curious about other people's experiences. :ghosthorns:

I was in the the woods and for some odd reason I felt a sudden deja vu. I was so confused that I left

Haha, I don't blame you. If it doesn't happen to you very often, then it's kind of weird feeling.

I get deja vu quite a lot. And this is going to sound weird but sometimes I know why I'm having deja vu and it's because I've dreamt the exact situation before, not just a feeling but a clear memory of the dream.

Haha, yeah. I always wonder if there are other people that dream like me. Like, I'm not saying I'm unique, but I've just never met someone that has similar dreams.
Some times, I dream of living through an entire average day, and then wake up and realize I have to live that day again (lol).
Other times, I have wild and fantastical dreams about alternate universes. Vikings. Dragons. Murder. Shapeshifting. All kinds of crazy off-the-wall stuff.
I also had the idea for my best-selling product in a dream. I was actually able to quit my day job from this one idea and build a business.

I get deja vu quite a lot. And this is going to sound weird but sometimes I know why I'm having deja vu and it's because I've dreamt the exact situation before, not just a feeling but a clear memory of the dream.

This exact thing to be honest. I remember distinctly times when there was a flood through our school and I recalled dreaming about it the exact night before, or getting a memory of an argument happening for the second time.

When I was younger I almost got worried I was having some manner of prophetic dreams or something...

I have dreams kind of like that, Where they're all over the place and I get confused by being in them. It used to be so weird to have dreams that were so random, that you couldn't even do anything

Some times, I dream of living through an entire average day, and then wake up and realize I have to live that day again (lol).

I have a lot of Deja Vu like this, but mostly in regards to interactions with people. Like often times a friend will be talking to me and I'll finish their sentences in unison with them, because I've already somehow lived that conversation in a dream.

Seems hokey maybe, but it feels a lot like precognition to me!

I honestly deja by once a week at least. The weird things is that I don’t feel like it’s happened once before. I feel like this exact situation, exact words have happened at least to 3-4 times

I have experienced the phernomenon. Most likely due to my monolithic and repetitive lifestyle.

Okay, something really odd happens to me sometimes. I'd be surprised if anyone said it happened to them, too.
I'll suddenly get this... backwards deja vu feeling. I can't explain it other than a feeling that says "This feeling is going to happen again someday". It comes out of the blue at any time, and then leaves within just a moment.
And the thing is that it's never wrong. Sometime in the future - be it days, months, or years - there is always a return feeling. A wave of deja vu to complete the cycle.

Okay, something really odd happens to me sometimes. I'd be surprised if anyone said it happened to them, too.
I'll suddenly get this... backwards deja vu feeling. I can't explain it other than a feeling that says "This feeling is going to happen again someday". It comes out of the blue at any time, and then leaves within just a moment.
And the thing is that it's never wrong. Sometime in the future - be it days, months, or years - there is always a return feeling. A wave of deja vu to complete the cycle.

It has happened. I assume it is a fashion of unconscious awareness.

That’s possibly your subconscious telling you through a dream of a day that might not seem important now but will be important in the future. I’ve had plenty of dreams where it’s just a normal day and then a few days, months, years later, the same day happens again. Hell, sometimes I even have the same dream about a boring day happen again.

Absolutely! I don't have any set pattern to how often I get Deja Vu or anything but it's certainly come up more than once. The strange thing for me is it's always just mundane or seemingly pointless things. For example, just the other day I was mid-conversation with a co-worker and in a flash instantly remember this conversation happening before down to the smallest details. The color of their shirt, the design of the tablecloth on the breakroom table, the exact phrasing of their words. Thing is, I don't think this is a memory recall because I new there and my surroundings and co-worker are all new to me.

Since I was small, I used to wish I could give hints to my past self so they could be more informed and make better choices so I've always kind of wondered if future me figured out a way to do just that via these moments of Deja Vu. It's a silly thought. I know. But out of habit I've always tried to pay careful attention to try to anything that gives me a sense of Deja Vu just incase. It's a fun little game to play with myself at the very least.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back