Experiences Has Anyone Been Through This? Or Even Remember…

Murasakina

Do people know what’s even “fun” anymore? Sorry to burst anyone’s bubble but I remember a time when role playing wasn’t too stingy nor too specific, not even set borderline on what’s cringe or not on a OC or a CC, everything was made and set for fun where we would all laugh about the crazy and funny stuff we would make as long as it wasn’t too carried away with anything too serious like self harm or something dark. Like what I mean is… everything was light-hearted and timezones didn’t even matter specially with groups because anyone could join and follow up quite well even if some of the moments weren’t all jokes but some seriousness and fun—

I remember a time in a app there was a group for a death note rp and people would take turns in playing a character since the group was so big even so, it was well organized and easy for new members to join in and follow up the story and see where it ends.

Example is:

A role player playing as Misa thats online from 7:00AM to 8:00AM would be only starting the rp with a Light that has a similar time zome, once those 2 were offline to do something in real life, other people subconsciously would continue with the same characters if the conversation between these 2 characters weren’t done yet and surprisingly, everyone would agree and be fine with it. Never seen anyone go against this nor anything of the sort.

Ah ”But what happens if these usual time zone role players are online that day fully or decided to return because a class or the urgent business got canceled?“ you may ask.

Well they just sit there and enjoy the fun if they don’t feel like responding and if they do, they ask the current roleplayer and the other will respond kindly. It was so interesting to watch, even none roleplayers loved to sit down and watch, they would comment in parenthesis or in a type of highlight to say how cool the show is or anything actually. If some role player missed something while away, someone would just dm them a summary on what happened so far to catch up. Of course besides the misa and light players, these people were more considered about other characters and even let some space for others to jump in for another scene in the story. But everything felt a bit better than the anime itself like a weird alt universe. Everything felt fun even if the rp wasn’t following much of the canon stuff or somewhat did.

I don‘t see anyone do this type of stuff anymore, I had a group in that same app but it was another anime, just simple chat about lore and theories but suddenly became an rp that also later on turned into a sweet crossover rp, you‘d find it a little weird and off topic because it was a Vampire Knight Series, Hell Sing and another type of anime that suddenly everyone became a weird happy fam with ocs and CC.. just not blood related nor anything to not ruin a cc, it may be cringe now but it was wholesome at some point, everyone respected each other with their own limits. It was fun while it lasted too, does anyone still do group rps like the death note one? I mean mine was somewhat similar without timezone choosing and all except more kiddish to some degree. The only difference with the old group of mine was that we had to stop respectively for that other user due to diff time zone because the group wasn’t big as the DN group yet it became recognizable across the app in the anime community. Though I don’t remember the app’s name atm even more when I know it doesn’t exist now.

Anyway I went off topic and wrote an essay instead.. oops!

Don‘t know how to tag this as or set the prefix as of either, sorry for writing all of this but felt really nostalgic about what I had a few years prior when I was a newbie to roleplaying in itself and remembered making cool long term friends for rps for 3 or 4 years. Wonder how they are doing now that i think about it… Wish I could back in time where everything was a tad bit more innocent and people weren‘t so thirsty about weird rps about incest or anything weird in such a young age, I’ve even had older people at some point who would be trying to push me to do something I’m not really comfortable with and it’s something really disturbing that sometimes I think no sane person would do some of the stuff people ask me to do with them these days. Specially when I specify I like to be clean no matter if it’s in another app, site or here. I always get the strange disturbing ones when I pick a simple rp or a more dramatic one.

again, can I turn back to the good old days? Or will someone finally prove to me in these hard times that not everyone is a sick minded person? because I became a 1x1 roleplayer for various reasons but again, I get the weird ones…
would anyone be kind enough show me the bright side of roleplaying? Used to enjoy roleplaying so much but even that is hard to do these days because no one wants to rp with me no matter if the fandom is mainstream or not at its moment too. It’s frustrating

Well, if you are going under the assumption that a few bad apples warrants everyone being a sick minded person then you're missing out on the ones who legitimately write to tell a story, create characters, and so on. No offense but it's not up to anyone to prove anything to you. Yeah, you get weirdos in roleplay. That's a given. There will always be those kinds of players. You also have the good ones, that when you do find them, it makes weeding through all of the nonsense worth it. Roleplay is what you make of it. If you only focus on the negative, that's what you will get out of it. I mean if you are having a hard time finding people for fandoms you want to do, maybe change it up a bit. All you can do is put your request thread out there, update it, etc. Perhaps you have similar ideas as others or not. Maybe you have common pairings with others. Reach out if you haven't already. Roleplay can be a difficult hobby at times when it comes to finding partners and the stories you want to do but try to hang in there. Have patience. Also, if someone is trying to get you do something you don't want to do that is against the rules, report them.

Well, if you are going under the assumption that a few bad apples warrants everyone being a sick minded person then you're missing out on the ones who legitimately write to tell a story, create characters, and so on. No offense but it's not up to anyone to prove anything to you. Yeah, you get weirdos in roleplay. That's a given. There will always be those kinds of players. You also have the good ones, that when you do find them, it makes weeding through all of the nonsense worth it. Roleplay is what you make of it. If you only focus on the negative, that's what you will get out of it. I mean if you are having a hard time finding people for fandoms you want to do, maybe change it up a bit. All you can do is put your request thread out there, update it, etc. Perhaps you have similar ideas as others or not. Maybe you have common pairings with others. Reach out if you haven't already. Roleplay can be a difficult hobby at times when it comes to finding partners and the stories you want to do but try to hang in there. Have patience. Also, if someone is trying to get you do something you don't want to do that is against the rules, report them.
True, and don’t know if I get a lot of bad luck with searches but I have gotten a lot of “bad apples” you can say, I mean that for a whole 2 year run after not getting anything some years prior and it was the time I was most active for rp even if I specified or changed something in my writing but again it was in another app before I found out RPNation existed, I remember getting complaints about my posts and bio being too detailed for recruitments or character bios. So I kinda gave up and somewhat became a little lazy with my writing but this year I’m going to try and give effort considering everyone seems chill here, yeah I might find some bad users but I know not everyone here is as bad as other places I have been into. Thank you for the motivation

True, and don’t know if I get a lot of bad luck with searches but I have gotten a lot of “bad apples” you can say, I mean that for a whole 2 year run after not getting anything some years prior and it was the time I was most active for rp even if I specified or changed something in my writing but again it was in another app before I found out RPNation existed, I remember getting complaints about my posts and bio being too detailed for recruitments or character bios. So I kinda gave up and somewhat became a little lazy with my writing but this year I’m going to try and give effort considering everyone seems chill here, yeah I might find some bad users but I know not everyone here is as bad as other places I have been into. Thank you for the motivation
Don't let anyone make you feel bad or want to give up what you love doing. I would say so what if your posts or bios are detailed. And? Complaints about something like that are ridiculous. Do what you have to do to get back to a place where you feel happy. I don't doubt you'll find some good partners here so keep on the look out and good luck.

Don't let anyone make you feel bad or want to give up what you love doing. I would say so what if your posts or bios are detailed. And? Complaints about something like that are ridiculous. Do what you have to do to get back to a place where you feel happy. I don't doubt you'll find some good partners here so keep on the look out and good luck.
Thank you again for motivation in part kinda needed something like this. Specially with the stuff that has been happening to me recently are like quite confusing, I had someone who hurt me and betrayed me, which literally got me into so much trouble and opened my eyes who they actually were, didn’t really support me nor gave me any motivation after 4 years, instead push me away from those around me. I was told so much that I nearly lost hope in everythin but again, I am finally feeling better little by little and even if this seem small to others, I am glad to go back online here after a long time and found some hope for the internet too since I have been thrown around online too by others in here which small part of it affect me how I felt with everything around me. There’s even times when I play a silly game and get told really crude things for simply asking something “Why did you do this in this situation?” To only get responded by in such bizarre way and funny thing is that, some of these people I interacted with once are adults and can tell by how they write or act. So childish honestly tho not that affected

Thank you again for motivation in part kinda needed something like this. Specially with the stuff that has been happening to me recently are like quite confusing, I had someone who hurt me and betrayed me, which literally got me into so much trouble and opened my eyes who they actually were, didn’t really support me nor gave me any motivation after 4 years, instead push me away from those around me. I was told so much that I nearly lost hope in everythin but again, I am finally feeling better little by little and even if this seem small to others, I am glad to go back online here after a long time and found some hope for the internet too since I have been thrown around online too by others in here which small part of it affect me how I felt with everything around me. There’s even times when I play a silly game and get told really crude things for simply asking something “Why did you do this in this situation?” To only get responded by in such bizarre way and funny thing is that, some of these people I interacted with once are adults and can tell by how they write or act. So childish honestly tho not that affected
Sounds like you've had your share of toxic people. It's hard to not let it get you down but you sound like you are in a better place so I would just focus on that. Do what you have to do to get some writing in even if it's a bit of solo writing until you find a partner.

Keep positive and keep those interest checks flying! <3
Thank you… and also I’m still new around here, what advice can you give me advice on How I can delete old convos that haven’t been responded back? and do people see what I do with said rp topic with this other user or no? Only had the app for a bit, like days before it was removed from the App Store and I’m so unfamiliar with the site still since I only visited this place once or twice. If I got an oc in another platform. Can I pass it onto here also? I’m currently answering on a iPad at the moment since I don’t really have a pc currently, do messages look off when I type down from here?

I would like to know since I want to improve in so many things after a horrible incident last year and want to move on.

So for the above questions

1. To delete a convo you just leave it. There should be a button [ … ] you click on it and select leave from the drop down.

2. PMs are entirely private, no one can see them but you and the person involved in the pm. They can see when you leave the message (your name will be crossed out)

3. Do you mean can you link characters from other sites or copy them from other sites? It depends on the site for linking. But you can copy character sheets into Character Showcase & Feedback

So for the above questions

1. To delete a convo you just leave it. There should be a button [ … ] you click on it and select leave from the drop down.

2. PMs are entirely private, no one can see them but you and the person involved in the pm. They can see when you leave the message (your name will be crossed out)

3. Do you mean can you link characters from other sites or copy them from other sites? It depends on the site for linking. But you can copy character sheets into Character Showcase & Feedback
Oh ok. Thank you! This helps!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back