• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

Fandom Harvest Moon Through Famine and Sunshine (CS)

Main
Here
OOC
Here

Vagabond Spectre

Seven Thousand Club
Roleplay Availability
Roleplay Type(s)
Here is the CS for the RP Harvest Moon: Through Famine and Sunshine character Sheet! Please feel free to submit your character here! I'll be looking forward to it! <3

Appearance(Pictures or description is okay):
Name:
Nickname:
Personality:
Backstory:
Personal belongings:
Quotes:
Others (Things that i have not mentioned or added):

Take my Character as an example:

1516489034858-png.389690

(Credits to the incredible artists)

Standing at 5'2 and weighs around a 134lbs. This dressed-the-best manchild has fair skin and blonde hair.

Name:
Johnathan S. Maclaren

Nickname:
Mayor (His normally called) or johnny

Mayor (You heard it right)

Personality:
Kind, optimistic and overall just plain childish. He is a man who doesn't act his age. Almost a literal man child. He takes things very lightly. In fact you'll catch him playing with wooden toy trains on his office. Immature he may be. He's got his father's qualified skills to lead, even better in fact. He seems to be a 23 year stuck in a 19 year old's body. He does go serious from time to time but that happens rarely. Through and through, he'll answer the call of the people and do what is right for them. He may still need assistance when on his own though.

Backstory:
Born to two goodly parents. His loving mother, who is a housewife and a mayor for a father. He came from a long line of great leaders. Before sunshine village was born. His really old dad, pioneered to find a good place to build a peaceful village, where only a few will enter. His father never told him the reason why he built sunshine village. Sunshine village was born around the exact day of John's birthday. His father stayed in the village to rest after venturing for so long. He spent the rest of his life alone with his wife as he retired. He isolated himself from the village and was never seen again. With his father gone he has to run the village himself at a young age, along with his aged mother. Since then people have migrated in the village since and he lead them with his leadership skills.

Personal belongings:
A white fluffy stuffed rabbit- a gift to him by his deceased father ever since the day he was born.

A small wooden toy train set- He secretly puts it under his suit or hide it in his pocket in case he gets board

Mayor's Key- Can unlock most locks in Sunshine village

Pen and notebook- Used to take notes or doodle...

Quotes:
"No, i did not eat the cookies at the cookie jar. Okay maybe i did."
"As Mayor! I... Uhh..."

His personal assistant is... [Insert Character name here]​

Last edited:
(Currently a WIP, though I am almost done. Some elements will be edited while some others may be outright redone, though I am too tired to do that now. Any grammar mistakes will also be fixed soon.)

Appearance:
3595_ewTnkZlw.png

Name:
Riley Hoffman

Nickname:
Ri

Cook for the local inn.

Personality:
If I were to describe Riley in a single word then that would be: Workaholic. Whenever she is in the kitchen a fiery passion burns in her eyes with so much intensity that not even her ovens could ever match it. It doesn’t matter how complex a plate is, it doesn’t matter if she has to prepare a feast by herself, it doesn’t even matter if she doesn’t have all the ingredients required: Riley will always tackle her job with diligence and determination. The easiest way to tick Riley off though is to arrive unannounced into her kitchens, that doesn’t mean that she’s against having company while she works, she simply dislikes surprise visits. However, despite all this Riley is always open to criticism and encourages people to point out faults in her plates.

Outside of work Riley isn’t the most social person. She is by no means a shut-in, however she’s also far from being extroverted. Riley is the kind of girl with who you can share a drink or two and maybe even hold a small conversation, but after a while you’ll probably get bored because of how dull she can be. Unless you talk about food preparation, then she can ramble on for hours. Riley can also be surprisingly kind, in the sense that if you are feeling down or sick she’ll prepare your favorite dish and deliver it to you, just don’t expect her to have the best words of comfort. Riley is also a very oblivious person and has the habit of unawarely offending people by pointing out their flaws with no kind of filter.

Backstory:
“Huh? You want to know about my past? Wouldn’t you rather hear about the work that goes into the preparation and serving of a spotted bass?....Okay, fine. If you must know I wasn’t lucky enough to be raised by a loving family. No, instead I was spent all of my childhood inside an orphanage, and please save those pity eyes for someone who needs them. The people who ran the orphanage were actually good people, albeit a bit short in funding so entertainment was lackluster to say the least. As a way to pass the time I began helping out in the kitchen, of course I started off small with tasks like peeling potatoes, but by the end of my stay I could cook a tasty apple pie. So yes, while my childhood may not have been all sunshine and rainbows I'll always remember it fondly as its what introduced me to that which gives my life just that extra bit of spice: cooking."

“With each passing year my passion for cooking only grew bigger and bigger, and by the age of 14 I began wanting to fully develop it. I began trying to spice up the dishes that I helped prepare for the orphanage with different kinds of seasoning and vegetables, but I could do little to nothing with the stuff that I was given. It was during that time that I needed to broaden my horizon and set off on my own to leave my mark in the world of cuisine. Thanks to my experience in the orphanage I was actually able to land a job at the local inn as an assistant to the cook, a chubby and short yet jolly fellow by the name of Christopher. Our love for cooking helped us connect pretty quickly and he became my mentor in the culinary arts. I spent 5 years of my life dedicating myself to mastering everything Christopher taught me and by my 19th birthday he told to me that there was nothing left for me to learn. Christopher explained to me that if I really wanted to become the best cook I could be a job as an assistant would just not cut it out and so he gifted me a one-way ticket to little place known as Sunshine Village. I was understandably conflicted on what to do, but you see Christopher is quite a persuasive man and by early that next morning I was done packing up all of my stuff. With a final goodbye and a promise of my return I set off to Sunshine Village which lead to a very interesting first year, but that's a story for another day."

“That’s basically it. Sorry if I didn’t give many details, I don’t enjoy recounting this story. Now, I hope you don’t mind but I’ll take my leave.”

Personal belongings:
-A knife set which was a gift from Christopher.
-An old rolling pin, a memento from her days in the orphanage.

Quotes:
"I hardly have any time to spare, so please be quick."
"...Who ate all the cookies?..."

TBA.​

56f51ee5fa3acee5ecffd722437420dc--pretty-anime-girl-anime-illustration.jpg

Name: Heather Taylore

Nickname: Lily (long story)

There was already a florist

Description:
Heather is a petite girl with wavy brown hair that she ties off with a ribbon. Though she normally allows it to hang past her shoulders freely, she always gathers it in a ponytail when she's working. Choppy bangs line her face and sometimes hang into her amber-brown eyes, which are seemingly always wide with surprise. Despite sewing all sorts of clothes, she wears a simple T-shirt and hoodie paired with either jeans or a skirt, depending on the day's weather.

Personality:
Heather's strange by any person's reckoning. She's a tailor but she prefers flowers, she loves the sunshine but spends a lot of time inside. However, her naturally helpful nature has endeared her to most of the townspeople, as she's always willing to darn socks or patch up a hole in someone's shirt. Though quiet, she can be pulled into a conversation if she finds it interesting (which is most of the time), so her social skills are not lacking. When she's designing new clothes, it's best not to disturb her, as interrupting her flow of ideas could hold up a week's worth of work. Heather finds a particular joy in commissions from the townspeople, being a girl who loves a challenge. When working on one of these, she'll often get an idea while out walking and have to ask for a piece of paper from someone nearby. Heather's a delightful girl to get to know when given the chance, even when caught on a sad day.

Backstory:
Her mother had always loved flowers. Heather never knew her father, but she grew up surrounded by sewing needles and a flower in the window. As her mother put it, she once desired to be a florist until she realized she had no talent for keeping a flower alive (which explained why the flower in the window was constantly changing). This skill, or lack thereof, she passed to her daughter, who still keeps a flower in the window to this day. Their favorite flower was a lily, so Mrs. Taylore tended to call her Lily every now and again, a nickname picked up by some of the other townspeople. As she grew up, she learned how to sew clothes in record time, and by the time she was a teenager, Heather was designing new clothes to display in the window.

Unfortunately, Heather's mother had always been rather week, and so she fell ill one day and was restricted to her bed. There were no signs she was going to get better, so Heather took over her work. Mrs. Taylore reassured her lily that she'd be back on her feet soon enough, but it was not meant to be. The day she died, the flower in the window also wilted, and Heather didn't leave the house for weeks. Eventually, she convinced herself to get back to work, but now, almost every one of her designs incorporated some sort of flower, usually a lily.

Every time she passes the florist, Heather pauses and stares at the lilies, wishing that she could hear her mother say "My Lily" one last time.

Personal Belongings:
~Lucky sewing needle
~Spool of black thread (always in her pocket)
~Hair ribbon (from her mother)
~Hoodie
~Mother's tailor shop
She still calls it her mother's even though she owns it now

Quotes:
"I would keep a window box if I could trust myself not to kill those poor flowers."
"The florist kinda scares me...but his flowers are so pretty!"
"I'll have that dress ready in three hours."
"I fell asleep while sewing again..."
"OMIGOSH LOOK IT'S A KITTY!"

Other:
Heather apparently takes it upon herself to find every stray cat or dog or crocodile a home.
Heather has a filing cabinet full of the clothing sizes of every person in town. Her clothes always fit whoever asks for them.
I swear she's not a stalker she's just got a good eye.

Last edited:
(Currently a WIP, though I am almost done. Some elements will be edited while some others may be outright redone, though I am too tired to do that now. Any grammar mistakes will also be fixed soon.)

Appearance:
View attachment 557079

Name:
Riley Hoffman

Nickname:
Ri

Cook for the local inn.

Personality:
If I were to describe Riley in a single word then that would be: Workaholic. Whenever she is in the kitchen a fiery passion burns in her eyes with so much intensity that not even her ovens could ever match it. It doesn’t matter how complex a plate is, it doesn’t matter if she has to prepare a feast by herself, it doesn’t even matter if she doesn’t have all the ingredients required: Riley will always tackle her job with diligence and determination. The easiest way to tick Riley off though is to arrive unannounced into her kitchens, that doesn’t mean that she’s against having company while she works, she simply dislikes surprise visits. However, despite all this Riley is always open to criticism and encourages people to point out faults in her plates.

Outside of work Riley isn’t the most social person. She is by no means a shut-in, however she’s also far from being extroverted. Riley is the kind of girl with who you can share a drink or two and maybe even hold a small conversation, but after a while you’ll probably get bored because of how dull she can be. Unless you talk about food preparation, then she can ramble on for hours. Riley can also be surprisingly kind, in the sense that if you are feeling down or sick she’ll prepare your favorite dish and deliver it to you, just don’t expect her to have the best words of comfort. Riley is also a very oblivious person and has the habit of unawarely offending people by pointing out their flaws with no kind of filter.

Backstory:
“Huh? You want to know about my past? Wouldn’t you rather hear about the work that goes into the preparation and serving of a spotted bass?....Okay, fine. If you must know I wasn’t lucky enough to be raised by a loving family. No, instead I was spent all of my childhood inside an orphanage, and please save those pity eyes for someone who needs them. The people who ran the orphanage were actually good people, albeit a bit short in funding so entertainment was lackluster to say the least. As a way to pass the time I began helping out in the kitchen, of course I started off small with tasks like peeling potatoes, but by the end of my stay I could cook a tasty apple pie. So yes, while my childhood may not have been all sunshine and rainbows I'll always remember it fondly as its what introduced me to that which gives my life just that extra bit of spice: cooking."

“With each passing year my passion for cooking only grew bigger and bigger, and by the age of 14 I began wanting to fully develop it. I began trying to spice up the dishes that I helped prepare for the orphanage with different kinds of seasoning and vegetables, but I could do little to nothing with the stuff that I was given. It was during that time that I needed to broaden my horizon and set off on my own to leave my mark in the world of cuisine. Thanks to my experience in the orphanage I was actually able to land a job at the local inn as an assistant to the cook, a chubby and short yet jolly fellow by the name of Christopher. Our love for cooking helped us connect pretty quickly and he became my mentor in the culinary arts. I spent 5 years of my life dedicating myself to mastering everything Christopher taught me and by my 19th birthday he told to me that there was nothing left for me to learn. Christopher explained to me that if I really wanted to become the best cook I could be a job as an assistant would just not cut it out and so he gifted me a one-way ticket to little place known as Sunshine Village. I was understandably conflicted on what to do, but you see Christopher is quite a persuasive man and by early that next morning I was done packing up all of my stuff. With a final goodbye and a promise of my return I set off to Sunshine Village which lead to a very interesting first year, but that's a story for another day."

“That’s basically it. Sorry if I didn’t give many details, I don’t enjoy recounting this story. Now, I hope you don’t mind but I’ll take my leave.”

Personal belongings:
-A knife set which was a gift from Christopher.
-An old rolling pin, a memento from her days in the orphanage.

Quotes:
"I hardly have any time to spare, so please be quick."
"...Who ate all the cookies?..."

TBA.​
Accepted! Great job! ^-^

56f51ee5fa3acee5ecffd722437420dc--pretty-anime-girl-anime-illustration.jpg

Name: Heather Taylore

Nickname: Lily (long story)

There was already a florist

Description:
Heather is a petite girl with wavy brown hair that she ties off with a ribbon. Though she normally allows it to hang past her shoulders freely, she always gathers it in a ponytail when she's working. Choppy bangs line her face and sometimes hang into her amber-brown eyes, which are seemingly always wide with surprise. Despite sewing all sorts of clothes, she wears a simple T-shirt and hoodie paired with either jeans or a skirt, depending on the day's weather.

Personality:
Heather's strange by any person's reckoning. She's a tailor but she prefers flowers, she loves the sunshine but spends a lot of time inside. However, her naturally helpful nature has endeared her to most of the townspeople, as she's always willing to darn socks or patch up a hole in someone's shirt. Though quiet, she can be pulled into a conversation if she finds it interesting (which is most of the time), so her social skills are not lacking. When she's designing new clothes, it's best not to disturb her, as interrupting her flow of ideas could hold up a week's worth of work. Heather finds a particular joy in commissions from the townspeople, being a girl who loves a challenge. When working on one of these, she'll often get an idea while out walking and have to ask for a piece of paper from someone nearby. Heather's a delightful girl to get to know when given the chance, even when caught on a sad day.

Backstory:
Her mother had always loved flowers. Heather never knew her father, but she grew up surrounded by sewing needles and a flower in the window. As her mother put it, she once desired to be a florist until she realized she had no talent for keeping a flower alive (which explained why the flower in the window was constantly changing). This skill, or lack thereof, she passed to her daughter, who still keeps a flower in the window to this day. Their favorite flower was a lily, so Mrs. Taylore tended to call her Lily every now and again, a nickname picked up by some of the other townspeople. As she grew up, she learned how to sew clothes in record time, and by the time she was a teenager, Heather was designing new clothes to display in the window.

Unfortunately, Heather's mother had always been rather week, and so she fell ill one day and was restricted to her bed. There were no signs she was going to get better, so Heather took over her work. Mrs. Taylore reassured her lily that she'd be back on her feet soon enough, but it was not meant to be. The day she died, the flower in the window also wilted, and Heather didn't leave the house for weeks. Eventually, she convinced herself to get back to work, but now, almost every one of her designs incorporated some sort of flower, usually a lily.

Every time she passes the florist, Heather pauses and stares at the lilies, wishing that she could hear her mother say "My Lily" one last time.

Personal Belongings:
~Lucky sewing needle
~Spool of black thread (always in her pocket)
~Hair ribbon (from her mother)
~Hoodie
~Mother's tailor shop
She still calls it her mother's even though she owns it now

Quotes:
"I would keep a window box if I could trust myself not to kill those poor flowers."
"The florist kinda scares me...but his flowers are so pretty!"
"I'll have that dress ready in three hours."
"I fell asleep while sewing again..."
"OMIGOSH LOOK IT'S A KITTY!"

Other:
Heather apparently takes it upon herself to find every stray cat or dog or crocodile a home.
Heather has a filing cabinet full of the clothing sizes of every person in town. Her clothes always fit whoever asks for them.
I swear she's not a stalker she's just got a good eye.
Accepted!

(Wip at the moment, working on appearance)

Name: Yana Aire

Nickname: Ya’

Personality: Yana is a fairly nice young lady, she’s absent minded sometimes but only when pulled in by the smells of baking bread. Often she is quiet but when mining she is strong willed and decisive, she’s gentle around most folks, she doesn’t talk often but that’s because she may be preoccupied with daydreaming of unearthed gems.

Backstory:

Yana comes from a smithing town, large billowing clouds of black smoke blotted the skies, the buildings wrapped in bronze and worn metals always glinted on the rare occasions when sunlight would break through the murky overhead. Yana and her sister lived a quiet life, though Yana would work most days in the smithery, her sister, Ima,was a sweetheart, but she never liked the darkened skies of their town. After two years Ima decided to leave, Yana was skeptical of her sister leaving and living on her own, so she decided to move with her, Yana didn’t mind the black skies or the heat of the blacksmith’s but she had an obligation to her sister. Though their expedition seemed fruitful, Ima caught ill, after a few months she told Yana to go, perhaps her body got attached to the blackened smoke and she was weakened by the sickness.

Yana noticed her sister’s plight but before Yana left town, she was able to get her sister a small home on the outskirts of their smithing city, the black clouds seemed lighter and you could see some greenery, but Yana did not stay, she wanted to see for her sister and herself what was beyond the metal town. She was lost for some time but found work mining and smithing, the money was good in winter but it was tough during the warmer parts of the year, miners weren’t rare and discrimination came from being a female miner, but Yana was more than capable to keep up with the others. The young woman thought of her sickly sister often but every so often she sent letters to her sister, telling her to get better and see the blue of the skies and green of the fields, Yana often over emphasized the mining but she always told Ima of what her travel bore. Soon thereafter though her sister passed, Yana wasn’t bitter but felt a lingering sadness that her sister only saw those blackened skies, for some years after that she bounced from job to job, and town to town, not tied down and for some reason enjoying the scenes of the world, mostly for her sister’s sake. Happening upon this town though was just like the others, a leaf drifting on the breeze, she’ll land for a moment before being blown off again, but for how long she wondered, did she need to wander.

Personal belongings: A worn picture of her sister, Ima, an etched piece of jade stone from her earliest mining venture, a rusted ring, an engraved chisel ( It reads “Always find that jewel”), worn pickax

Quotes: “Not to polished, but doesn’t it glean”

(Sorry the art isn't very good, I drew it myself and it's reeeaaally old ^^; I'm hopefully gonna draw something newer and better of him soon, also excuse the random speech bubble, that has a backstory behind it that won't be relevant to the RP lol)

Appearance:

A young man standing tall at around 6 feet. His messy red hair is parted sort of in the middle. He has deep, forest green eyes and a "that'll be $1 and fifty cents" kind of look on his face.

Name
Sebastian Montoya

Nickname

Seb

18 (years)

Male

Occupation

He owns and runs a convenience store

Personality

Seb is a relaxed, laid-back sort. He doesn't like to stress about things, he takes life as it comes at him. However, if you are friends with him, he's what would be considered a "dad" friend, constantly trying to protect his friends. He's much smarter than he lets on and he has a good tactical thinking skill. If he ever put this skill to use, he could probably do amazing things, but he just really...doesn't care that much. The word most people would probably use to describe Seb is...eccentric.
Seb also has a bit of a sense of humor, he's very sarcastic and ironic. He once wore a stereotypical witch hat as a joke, but it became his signature clothing item and now he always wears it. He's also partial to high-waisted jeans and oversized sweaters.
He's almost never called Sebastian, except in very formal settings. He always goes by Seb.

Backstory

Seb was abandoned in the city by his parents as a small child but eventually he was taken in by an old man. The old man raised Seb until he died when Seb was 15 years old. Then, Seb ran away and found his way to a shack in the woods that seemed abandoned. He lived there for some time before eventually feeling some longing for human connection and wandering into a nearby town, Sunrise Village. This small town somehow felt like home so Seb set up shop.

Personal belongings

-His witch hat
-A Swiss Army knife his father (the old man, not his birth father) gave him
-A little purple jade necklace he wears under his sweater

Quotes

"Whozit and the what now." (after being asked where the utensils are)
"Seb's 24-hour useless crap- *cough* I mean...convenience store! Come on down, we got, we got prices that are just...just like you would find at any other convenience store, frankly. We're open 9am to 5pm! Or...whenever I feel like it. So yeah, Seb's 24-hour convenience store, come on down."

Others

-He has a birthmark under his eye
-He's tired all the time and considers 10:00 am to be early morning
-He likes nature
-He likes ferrets

Name: Rhys Wright
Nickname: Ry, but prefers Rhys
Personality:
On the outside, Rhys is a calculated individual. He is focused and gets his work done, and all while walking with grace and an air of arrogance. And it seems that work is all that matters to him. He's a cold man who shows no emotion, and some would even say he's heartless. But, once you get past his tough outer shell, you would know that "heartless" is far from the truth. You'd notice the kind words Rhys gives to upset patients, the cute dances he does when he's alone, and the hidden hurt Rhys feels when he discovers the mean things said behind his back.

Backstory:
Since he was a child, Rhys always wanted to help others. He developed that from his parents who, despite being rich enough to do whatever they wanted, used their money to aid people. Rhys debated relentlessly about how to best carry out that desire and discovered being a doctor might just be the perfect career. He fought his way through medical school, refusing to let anything even attempt to ruin his shot at his dream. After becoming a full-fledged doctor, he started a job in the city as a medical officer. And that's when things went... downhill. After a few months of working at the hospital, a mysterious death occurred, and Rhys was the last to see the patient alive. Inevitably, rumors spread. And he wanted to get away. Away from the false accusations, away from the dirty stares, and away from his tattered reputation. So, Rhys moved to Sunrise Village, a place where he could have a clean start. A place where no one would know who he was, and hopefully, never will. Just a year ago, Rhys was able to start up his own clinic, and aid the townsfolks with their medical needs, just like he's always wanted to do.

Personal Belongings:
A lunchbox filled with first aid supplies- You never know when an emergency is going to pop up.
Two journals- One is for recording patient information and the other is for, ahem, personal reasons.
A silver locket- Inside is a picture of his family. One side shows Rhy's parents. The other shows Rhy's two siblings.
A small bag of lollipops- For the patients. Yep. Totally. Not at all for Rhys.

Quotes:
"This is gonna pinch a little bit. Squirm and this'll hurt."
"See, it wasn't that bad, was it?"
"Adults don't get the lollipops. Don't give me those puppy dog eyes, that's just how it is."

Other:
When off duty, Rhys usually wears a dress shirt, sleeveless vest, and a tie. He takes down his ponytail, revealing his long, messy hair. He also carries a satchel with his personal belongings.
Rhys could always use assistance in the clinic if anyone needs a job, or is even just bored.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back