Magic doesn't come from talent, it comes from pain
01000001 00100000 01110111
0110000101110010 01110010 01101001 01101111
0111001000100000 01101110 01100101 01100101 01100100 01110011 00100000 01101110 01101111 01110100 00100000
0110001101101111 01101110 01100011 01100101 01110010 01101110 00100000 01110100 01101000 01100101 01101101 01110011 01100101 01101100 01110110 01100101 01110011 00100000 01110111 01101001 01110100 01101000 00100000 01101101
0110000101110100 01110100 01100101
0111001001110011 00100000 01110111 01101001 01110100 01101000 01101001 01101110 00100000 01110100 01101000 01100101 00100000 01110000
0111010101110010 01110110 01101001 01100101 01110111 00100000 01101111 01100110 00100000
- File001<<<< USE CIRCLES TO READ DETAILS
In the year 2065, the world turned its eyes to the skies. Humankind was faced with an event that threatened the future of Earth. Several comets were on a direct course for Earth. The world's most advanced programs and corporations implemented plans to eradicate the threat. Joy Systems was born. A mission was launched to intercept the comets and prevent them from making it to Earth. With the three comets now passing Mars, the JOICE ship was launched.
Many tense months passed as mankind watched JOICE with bated breath. Finally, after four months, they intercepted the comets. Wrapping around the three celestial entities, they placed various charges with calculated precision. On D-day, the world stood still. Businesses, schools, and world trading were all closed. Everyone was encouraged to be with their families. The mission was broadcast worldwide as the switch was flipped. The once three rocks were shattered into millions of pieces, eliminating the threat of meteor impact with Earth. A new worldwide holiday was declared. The world rejoiced, and the world kept turning.
Joy Systems then enacted part two of its mission. Larger sections of the comets were collected, and a request to build a lunar facility was made.
File002CURRENT EVENTSThree years have passed since that fateful day. Now a grand laboratory has been erected on the moon. The most brilliant minds have been recruited to begin researching the comets. A spore that seems to integrate with other natural matter has been discovered. The spore seems to sometimes radically alter flora and fauna from its norm. There has already been speculation about pharmaceutical applications.
After its success with the JOICE mission, Joy Systems has only grown in power and reach over the years. Able to gather funding and world governing funds to build the massive lunar laboratories. Joy System has overnight become a force to be reconned with. The application process is strict and grueling to become an employee, but once on the payroll, your employment with the company grates you a bit of status wherever you go. You carry a great responsibility on your shoulders. To both learn all you can about these new entities and contain them to protect Earth. Though no matter how careful one is, life always seems to find a way.
There are a few notable areas of growth with humans. The average quality of life has extended, with many people able to live independently with quality life into their 90s. The life expectancy has also risen to 130s. With related advancements, a youthful appearance is extended and more attainable. The most current area of interest is working to better integrate robotics with the human body.File004ANDROIDMany simple bots run through the ship completing simple preprogrammed tasks. Androids are much more advanced. They are typically broken down into two classifications. Androids controlled by a remoting employee from Earth are known as LINKS, while the androids with independent AI are known as TINKS.
Both classifications of androids come in a humanoid shape with user customization. Any extensive performance modifications must be submitted to the committee for approval.45%Races...
- File005OOC MessageTBD.File006Rules
- BE AMICABLE Have a spirit of friendliness; without serious disagreement or rancor.
- KEEP IT NEUTRAL We are here to write a good story, not soap boxes.
- POSTING LENGTH There will be no posting length requirement. Please focus on grammar and punctuation. I highly recommend Grammarly. You can add it as a widget to your web browser. Many of us may be on different levels of writing and or current real-life availability. Work to be respectful of others' hard work when they provide a detailed response. On the flip side, please don't spend six paragraphs expressing in painful detail the long history of your character's belt. Keep it interesting, keep it on point.
- IC / OOC Storyline thread = IC Out of character thread = OOC The exception to this rule is if you need to relay info about an IC post, please keep this in brackets or a spoiler on the post.
- RATED PG-13 If you would not watch a movie with your scene in it with your friends, spouse, or family, don't bring it here. That being said, SHREK material is encouraged. Humor, bathroom jokes, and innuendo are perfect. Voilence will happen. Just don't try to go HOSTILE on us.
- REACTIONS Like something in the game? Did it remind you of a joke?
Does your cousin talk like Bishop from Aliens?
SHARE! Say something in OOC. React to that post with a cookie. We all work hard on what we do here. It makes us all feel good to know our work was enjoyed.
code by Nano