• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

Realistic or Modern Hartley University IC

Kio.exe

Road work ahead? Uh, I sure hope it does...
MOOD: Nervous

OUTFIT: XoXo

basics
MENTIONS:
Lyle ( dirt dirt ) Cheryl ( Soap Soap )
INT:
None
tags
TL;DR Cam is not excited to unpack.
tl;dr
Cameron Turner
I hate unpackin’...

Moving back into his dorm on campus was never something Cam looked forward to. The hours of organizing, praying he got along with whoever his roommate was that year, and chaos that was always abounding stressed him out to no end, something he kept carefully hidden behind a placid smile and relaxed demeanor. If this year was anything like last year he...well he didn’t want to think about last year.

Now, Cameron stood outside the door to his new dorm room, suitcases discarded at his feet, and a sheet of paper welcoming him back to HU clenched between his fingers. When he’d discovered that Lyle Chateau was his roommate this year, the sigh of relief that he’d released had been loud enough that the Uber driver had looked at him in concern. He and Lyle got along well, and Cam adored the sweet French exchange student. Honestly, Cam adored everyone, unless they gave him a reason not to. Like Aspen Greene, who Cam had passed on his way up the stairs of the building. Something about the boy, who was a year younger than him always made Cameron uncomfortable, like every word he spoke was a barely veiled threat. Not to mention that he tried to flirt with his sister every chance he got.

Cam was shaken from his thoughts by a brief flash of concern. Where was his sister, Cheryl? He hadn’t seen her since they’d arrived, and even if it had only been ten minutes, he had to make sure she was okay. Pulling his phone from his pocket, Cameron went to text her, but decided at the last second not to send it, cursing himself for being so overprotective. She could take care of herself, and had certainly proved it many times. After three years at the school, Cam still wasn’t used to the hustle and bustle of city life.

Deciding he couldn’t stand by the door all day, Cam pushed the door open with a sigh, grabbing two suitcases and tugging them in after him. Lyle hadn’t arrived yet, and Cam was glad. It would give him some time to unpack and calm his racing heart before he had to deal with people. It was something he hated about himself—the crushing anxiety that filled him every time he was in a social setting, especially when he hated being alone. What was it people said? About having cake and not being able to eat it? Well that’s how he felt.

After placing the heavy suitcases onto one of the beds, Cam returned to the hallway to grab his final piece of luggage, the one that contained all of his art supplies. The only thing he hadn’t packed away for his flight from Georgia was his camera, which hung dangling from his neck. He had taken pictures every chance he had, snapping shots of everything that caught his interest.

Now where to start? If he’d been at home, Cameron would have just shoved his clothes haphazardly into the drawers, not caring to organize anything. But he was in college, and he’d be living with someone and we’ll...he couldn’t do that here. Resigned to his fate, Cam sighed, and began pulling neatly folded clothes from the suitcases, placing them as neatly into the drawers of the large dresser in the corner of his room as possible. The quicker he could get this done, the better, he thought, already bored.

God he hated move in day.

code by valen t.

Last edited:

mood

tired;nervous

dorm

outfit

tags

Laird Arrezola

intro

"Mãe, eu cuido disso! Não preciso de ajuda para desempacotar tudo que tenho..."(Mom I got this! I don't need help unpacking everything I have...)Laird looked at his mother as she was opening the space bag that housed his undergarments, swiftly he took the bag out of her hand quickly placing it on his uncovered mattress that was provided by the school. "Laird I just want to make sure you have everything unpacked and placed in the drawers that's all honey!" She looked at him with a pout on her face before her husband walked forward placing a hand on her shoulder. "My love our boy can handle this, with your obsessive cleaning and organization of the home he should have no problem unpacking and-" His sentence was cut short by his wife elbowing him in the stomach before speaking. "Obsessive cleaning and organization skills? You make it seem like I am some psycho who can't breathe without cleaning something Ricky!" She crossed her arm huffing before looking back at Laird her arms becoming lax as she uncrossed her arms. Walking over to her son she placed her hands on each side of his arms looking into his eyes. "Sweetheart are you sure you will be ok here? We can find a small studio apartment for you and you can live on your own..." She had a worry in her eyes and Laird felt bad that the incident that he went through in high school has caused her to be this overprotective of him. He gave her a soft smile and held both her hands. "Mom I'll be fine...I know what happened to me has scared you and dad...hell it scared me the most but I promise I will be fine I want to do this...I want to be on my own and actually get the chance to make friends...this is college, not high school anymore. I need to do this mom and I promise I won't scare you like that anymore..." He pulled her in for a warm embrace then looked at his father who just had a warm smile on his face. After letting go of his mother, she kissed his cheek pinching it right after.

"Well your mother and I won't be leaving until Sunday morning but we're going to do a little sightseeing while we're here. I believe your roommate will be arriving soon, you need to finish unpacking and get to the orientation that starts soon also. So! We will leave you to it, give us a text if you need anything son..." His father walked up to Laird giving him a strong embrace before letting go. "I promise I'll text if something goes wrong but I need to get Huey, Dewy and Louie settled in before I finish unpacking the rest of my stuff..." He gave his parents one last group hug exchanging kisses as well before watching them leave his dorm room closing the door behind them. Sighing, he turned around taking out the remodeled rat cage he created for his babies, placing it on the shelf he set up the cage before placing all three of his rats inside watching them making sure they were getting acclimated to their new home. He removed his speaker from one of the boxes and turns on Spotify, feeling the beat of the first song begin, he softly bobs his head before taking some sheets out starting to make his new bed. Making sure to remove his shoes, he steps onto his bed putting posters of his favorite bands and animes, male crushes, etc on the wall, then moved over to his desk where he took his time placing a cork/whiteboard he designed onto the wall, the thing was very long and would take two people to but Laird was able to do it himself. He continues unpacking before he hears a subtle closing of the main dorm room. Turning around he walks out of his room looking at his new roommate, seeing her rosy cheeks and pale skin, and very noticeable white-blonde hair, Laird was stuck with figuring out how to introduce himself. 'Does she know sign language? Spanish? Maybe I should stop overreacting and just say hello like a normal person dumbass...' Taking a deep breath, Laird walked towards Nika holding his hand out that decided it was a great time to start excreting sweat. "H-hello...my name is...Laird" He spoke perfect English he has no idea why he is stuttering and being such a freaking weirdo, hopefully, she doesn't think he is one cause then he would be starting the college year off wrong. "I can't hear that well...but I have hearing aids in and can read your lips also...so please don't feel weirded out..." He gave her a soft smile, hoping to get one in return.

nine lives

Last edited:
Charlotte Marino

♡◇♤♧
How are you feeling?
Nervous
What are you wearing?
Where are you?
Hartley Uni
Did you mention anyone?
Malakai,Aunt
Who are you talking to?
Myself
And, like, who are tagging, exactly?
Charlotte knew moving back in was a hassle, but damn she didn't want to get out of bed. She eventually got pushed down the stairs by her aunt Victoria who was sobbing like she was going to be gone forever. Luckily after prying herself from her aunts kisses and grips she was in the road in her yellow 2015 Volkswagen Beetle Convertible. That car and her have been through...a lot and it was still running smooth!

When she reached the campus she tried to park as close as she could to her new dorm. Usually she would request a room by herself, but this year she thought what the hell, socializing is not the end of the world. That being said it still made her anxious. She didn't know who her roommate was except for his name, Malakai Vernon. Other than knowing he was a male Lottie just hoped they were friendly and not too dirty.

Lottie was scrambling to get as much of her shit as she could out of her car, flipping her red hair out of her face at points. The items she took out included her big suitcase, her duffle bag, and her back pack. She could barely breath! She'd have to take another trip down and she knew it, but it was only for minor items so she wasn't in a rush to come back down. As she started walking she tried not to think of the other people around her, opening the doors like she didn't have a care in the world. "I need a reward after this..maybe ill get some boba or something and if my roommate wants to maybe ill invite them.." she mumbled to herself in the halls. Or if not I'll definitely text someone if they want to..? Or just go by myself? Ugh I'll figure it out later!

Finally after getting lost twice she found her room and unlocked the door, pushing it open with her head as she breathed heavily. Looking around her roommate was not there so she took first dibs on the bed closest to the window. She put her heavy ass suitcase down and instead of being a logical person and bringing the rest of her things up she decided to start unpacking already. Lottie popped in her earbuds before hanging up her clothes, making her bed, putting her sheet music and art books on the desk. She was annoyed with today, but right now she was having fun in the room, forgetting it wasn't just her room, especially when she was putting up the lights using her tippy toeswhile on her bed.. but she had to be careful because last time she tried to put up lights by herself she ended up on the floor with a cut elbow.

º º code by ditto º º

MOOD: Excited

basics
MENTIONS:
None
INT:
Charlotte ( .Curious.Nat. .Curious.Nat. )
tags
TL;DR Kia is excited for the new year, and is happy to unpack.
tl;dr
Malakai Vernon
Can I help you, mate?

Going from the rural Australian countryside to the hustle and bustle of American California was more of a shock than Malakai cared to admit. As he stared out the window of his taxi on his way from the airport to Hartley University, his grey eyes darted back and forth, drinking in the sights as they raced by in a blur.

He adored LA, and the little town right outside of it that HU was in, River Junction, but even after three years it took some getting used to. It was a place that didn’t sleep, so full of life and color and sound that Kai couldn’t help but to be amazed. River Junction was full of historic little buildings inhabited by historic little families, with historic little shops that lined the busy streets. Every Saturday, vendors lined the streets and it seemed like everyone and their mother made their way into town for a day of good food, shopping and silly little games. His mum would have loved it.

Kai pushed the thoughts from his head as the driver pulled onto Hartley’s massive campus. He was glad to be back, after spending the summer back in Adelaide with his uncle Norm, helping out with whatever construction jobs his father had to offer. He loved his home, but sometimes he wished to be as far away from it as possible. Some days, the memories and reminders of what he had lost pestered him, leaving Kai drained and numb. It was better here, at HU, but there were still days where he shut himself off from the world, where color seemed to be seeped from everything and he felt like his head was underwater.

They pulled to a stop in front of the dorm building, the biggest of many on campus, Kingsley. The building was notorious for its raging parties, drama and the occasional scandal, making it the most requested dorm on campus. Kai hopped out of the taxi, handing the driver some bills silently before moving to the trunk to grab his luggage. He didn’t bring too much, only two large suitcases and a backpack. Unpacking would be easy.

Kai pulled the paper welcoming back to campus from his pocket, unfolding it carefully to reread the information it contained, most importantly his roommate. Charlotte Marino. All he knew about her was her name, and that they would be stuck with each other regardless of if they got along for the whole year. Sighing, Kai shoves the paper back into his pocket much more haphazardly than he had taken it out, grabbing the backpack and swinging it over his shoulder before tugging the suitcases behind him. He had to duck to enter the building, cursing himself for being so tall. The number of times he’d smashed his head against a doorframe without thinking last year was astronomical. But not this year, not if Kai had anything to do with it.

He took his time meandering through the halls until he found his dorm room, where the door was left ajar. Charlotte must have arrived before him. Pushing open the door fully and once again ducking to enter the room, Kai came to a stop just inside the doorway, his eyes flicking about the room as a tiny red head moved about, intent in her unpacking. She’d already claimed the bed by the window, and Kai was fine with that. Sleeping next to windows had always given him the creeps, anyways.

Figuring he should introduce himself instead of standing by the door like a creep, Kai grinned, shoving his hands into his pockets. “Oy, you’re Charlotte right?” He asked, his thick Australian accent sounding too loud in his own ears. “I’m Malakai. Vernon. Your roomie,” he added, quieter this time. “You can call me Kai, if you’d like. Or you could just shout ‘hey! excessively tall Australian man’. That one usually works too,” he continued, his grin growing, and a chuckle escaping him. In Australia, where everyone was family from the moment you met them, he would’ve hugged her. In America, things were different. If you hugged a pretty girl without asking you got slapped. Or arrested.

Shaking his head at the thought, Kai moved away from the door, hoisting his suitcases onto his bed and while he waited for a response. Unzipping the one that contained his clothes, he began putting them away neatly in drawers, taking care not to mess up his neatly creased folds. He knew it was excessive, but wrinkles irritated him to no end, and being overly neat was certainly better than being messy. Kai could only hope Charlotte agreed.

Putting away his clothes took all of five minutes, and he moved onto the other suitcase, the one that contained his books, as well as what little decoration he’d brought with him from home. This part would take longer, especially organizing his bookshelf, which stood in the corner by his bed. Kai organized his books at home by author, title and date, all in alphabetical order, and he would do so here as well.

“This year should be fun as,” Kai said, smiling over at Charlotte, hoping she embraced the Australian lingo rather than judging him for it, as his roommate last year had. “Surely it’ll be proper hectic,” he added, playing with the book in his hands as he spoke, smile growing. Yes, he decided. This year would be fun. He’d make sure of it.

“Oh, I’m so rude! Can I help you with those lights, mate?”

code by valen t.

Charlotte Marino

♡◇♤♧
How are you feeling?
Content, a lil flustered
What are you wearing?
Where are you?
Dorm room
Did you mention anyone?
Malakai
Who are you talking to?
Kai
Charlotte was just minding her her own business when she heard a voice. Luckily her song had just ended so she heard him. She had then took and earbid out as she turned around her blue eyes catching his grey ones as her red hair moved across her shoulders. She didn't want to stare,but boy was she happy to be her right now. Lottie smiled with a nod to his question that was later accompanied with a laugh."Oh, yes! It's nice to meet you Kai. You can call me Lottie if that's easier for you..?" She did nite how tall he was. Way taller than her 5'8 self that's for damn sure.

Lottie glanced at his luggage he brought in with him and felt a little self conscious that she brought too much, she shook off that feeling. Lottie kept only one earbud in now just in case Kai said something else she didn't want to be rude. As she turned her attention back to the lights. Why do ceilings have to be so tall again border? What was the reason? She was standing on her tippy toes on the most unstable bouncy bed.

Hearing his accent she had glanced back towards him.. "Great minds think alike, I definitely agree with you. If anything ill make my own fun" she said. Then a soft blush came over her cheeks before she turned and handed him some of the lights, giving up doing it by herself. "Thank you...I could've done it, but I don't think I wanted to open my new pack of band-aids just yet. I'm that clumsy...you'll learn that pretty quickly" Lottie said with a bright smile.

As he was helping her she started up a conversation. "I'm pretty curious...what major are you in?" She asked. "I-Im just the plain old Music with a minor in painting so it's not too interesting to roll off the tongue" she laughed while Hotel California stayed to play in her ear.

She would have fun this year. Charlotte figured I'd she manifested that thought it would happen, hopefully she was right!

º º code by ditto º º

MOOD: Anxious

OUTFIT: here

basics
MENTIONS:
Cam @Kio.exe

INT:
Cam @Kio.exe
tags
TL;DR (probs won't need) Lyle moves into his dorm for his third year.
tl;dr
lyle chateau
Four years in America and I still don't know what's going on...
The move from Lyle's small apartment in Los Angeles, which was conveniently located ten minutes away, into his dorm room at Hartley University was surprisingly simple. It was, at least, easier than his Freshman year. The twenty-one-year-old boy was born and raised in a French city near the Mediterranian Sea. He lived with both of his parents and his younger brother (Dax Chateau) in an apartment building until he was eighteen, which was when he decided to pack his bags and move to Los Angeles to pursue a screenwriting career in America.

Lyle started to walk upstairs to his assigned dorm room, praying to whatever is up there that his roommate wouldn't be too bad. Off the top of Lyle's head, there wasn't anyone that he couldn't at least tolerate, but he was not entirely sure.

Upon finding out that his roommate was the one and only Cam Turner, he gave a soft smile and flopped down on the bed, leaving his things on the ground. He wasn't really up for unpacking, so he just stared at the ceiling and thought about a fresh start in America. He obviously liked the idea of a fresh start, but could he really achieve that? Could he make it as an amateur screenwriter or playwright in America? What if he couldn't achieve his dreams and the three years of college were for nothing? He decided to not stress too much about it and rolled over.

He surveyed his room. It seemed empty. Lifeless. He had some stuff that could help make the room look more interesting, and perhaps he would put them up later, but Cam was an artist. He didn't want his store-bought decorations to get in the way of Cam's art. And besides, maybe he would make art of his own. He chuckled at the thought and closed his eyes, drifting off to sleep. He decided he would worry about unpacking tomorrow.

MOOD: Embarassed

basics
MENTIONS:
None
INT:
tags
TL;DR Kia is excited for the new year, and is happy to unpack.
tl;dr
Malakai Vernon
Like a bloody dog...

As Kai helped Lottie string up her lights, easily able to reach the ceiling, he listened to her speak happily, glad that she seemed to like him, at least so far.

“Music and painting, huh?” Kai said, grinning. “That’s not boring! I’m bloody useless at art ‘n’ singing and pretty much anything creative,” he continued, laughing. Not boring at all, he thought. “I’m in literature—I know, super exciting, right? I’m also minoring in History,” he answered her question, putting up the last of the lights. His grin grew as he took a moment to think, his grey eyes meeting Lottie’s blue ones.

“Minoring. That would make an excellent music pun, though like I said, I’m damn useless when it comes to that stuff,” Kai laughed, prepared for the eye rolling and sarcastic laughing that was sure to come. His uncle never ceased to make fun of Kai’s awful jokes, claiming Kai had “worse jokes than a forty year old dad”. It might be true, but that didn’t stop Kai from telling them every chance he got. If anything, they served to make himself laugh more than anyone else.

Malakai turned back to his bookshelf, placing the last few into their proper places, before turning back around to face Lottie. “Do you need any more help, love?” He asked, his grin more subdued than before. He only had a few more things to unpack, and those could wait. Perhaps he’d even go into town and pick up some more decorations, spruce up the place a bit. He was certainly lacking in aesthetics, as he’d been unsure what sort of vibe his roommate had wanted to go for.

Unpacking wouldn’t take that long, and then they’d have the rest of the day to do what they wanted. Food was definitely near the top of his list, as his stomach was already gurgling unhappily, despite him having eaten breakfast only a few hours earlier. Airport food, however, had never been known to be exactly filling. Or nutritious, for that matter.

Kai was still ready for the jet lag to hit, as it did every year. Going from one end of the world to the other wasn’t necessarily conducive to a great sleep schedule, and he hoped Lottie wouldn’t mind when he inevitably passed out for the majority of one of the upcoming days. Right now, however, he was wide awake, wired with excitement and endless energy, perhaps partially due to his ADHD. Most days, he was fine and didn't get out of hand, but today he could already feel his body itching to be in motion, to go out and explore, to run, jump, swim. His mother had always compared him to a dog, easily distracted, but also easy to please. Another thing he hoped Lottie wouldn’t be annoyed by.

“After you’re done, if you’d like, Lottie mate, we can go out to town,” Kai chirped, shoving his twitching hands into his pockets. “One American specialty I’ve missed: boba,” he added, dimples on full display. “Or, uh...well it’s Saturday, so all the vendors are out! They always have cool stuff...or we could go eat…”

Realizing he was rambling, Kai trailed off, feeling his face heat. So much for not being annoying. Wincing, he shot her a sheepish smile, praying his face wasn’t too red. “Or...we don’t have to do any of that, love. I’m sorry if I’m being too hectic,” he amended, the corners of his grey eyes crinkling.

code by valen t.

Last edited:
Charlotte Marino

♡◇♤♧
How are you feeling?
Hungry, the pain can wait
What are you wearing?
Where are you?
Dorm room
Did you mention anyone?
Malakai
Who are you talking to?
Kai

Charlotte looked over at him with her eyebrows raised. "Literature isn't boring. I think its great! If I was good in history I'd say it's not boring either" she said and then heard his joke. "You should write that one down! That was good!" She chuckled as he went back to his side of the room. Luckily he helped with basically all the lights she just needed to plug then in to see if they worked,but she could do that at night. "Ah no, thank you again for helping me. If you need help just ask"

She spun around on the bed to get off, her hair spinning freely in the process. She swore she heard him say boba. Once she settled on the floor she placed her hands on the bed to steady her stumbling posture. "Boba you said right?? I can..we can get some literally at anytime!" She said excitedly. Too excited for her own good. She literally rush to him basically bouncing with joy, looking up at his tall figure happily. Her vanilla perfume lightly trailing way.

"I'm done, I'll do the rest later. I'm so hungry I could eat a cow" she admitted while she tried to admire his blushing face rather than take not of her flushed one.

She's been hungry all day and was even thinking about food earlier so she glad he suggested it. She wasn't sure what he liked though, but she's sure he'd tell her. Plus she's open to eating pretty much anything at this point since she waited so long. She didn't want to get all hangry on him.

Lottie ran her fingers threw her red locks while she turned around to grab her wallet and keys. However they weren't on the desk or the bed. Where were they?! She swore they were.. on the bed. So Lottie bent down to look under the bed, bingo! She went and crawled to get the keys, but as she was coming back up she bumped her head on the bed frame. "Oww" she said wincing and rubbing the back of her head. Charlotte laughed off the pain. "I'm okay..we can leave whenever you're ready Kai"

º º code by ditto º º

❅ Nika Darling ❅
"I know mom, GOD!" Nika yelled back to her mother who was halfway down the hallway, shooting daggers back at her obstinate daughter with her eyes. Nika hissed a hasty goodbye before escaping into the comfort of her quiet dorm, her perpetually rosy cheeks reddened a bit more from the embarrassment of fighting with her mother in the dorm hallway. She almost slammed the door, but remembered at the last moment she was was back in the dorms. Not wanting to be rude, she shut the door gently instead, heaving an exasperated sigh and smoothing out the front of her black dress. She couldn't dwell on her bad mood for long though, as she was excited to find her new roommate was there when she glanced back up, ready to greet her.

She'd been curious what her roommate was going to be like -- not necessarily nervous, as Nika could get along with anyone, and could easily laugh off a person's bad attitude or obvious dislike of her. But Nika perked up seeing a very cute fellow standing before her, hair dyed pink and blue. Judging by his general outward appearance, this was definitely her kind of person.

From his introduction he seemed rather sweet, if a bit nervous, and she found his stutter incredibly endearing. Nika broke into a wide grin, swiftly taking his hand in hers. "Hi, Laird! My name's Nika," She giggled, and still gripping his hand, pulled him into a tight hug instead. "Ohmygod, I'm so excited to meet you!" She squeaked, squeezing him for a moment before taking a step back to smile up at him again. Her milk chocolate eyes studied him with a warm yet mischievous gaze, sparkling with excitement. "You're soooo cuuute. I love your hair! And your outfit!" She motioned to his tie-dyed sweater and chain/lock necklace.

Nika peeked over his shoulder to spy his room curiously. "Got yourself all set up? I'm all set up too. My mom said I have too much crap and wanted to get done early," She said with a laugh and quick roll of her eyes at the mention of her mother, motioning to the second bedroom beside his. One could see her bed freshly made up with black bedding covered in white stars, moons, and constellations, lots of matching black and white artwork in black frames hung all over the walls, and all manner of crystals and small jars containing random herbs and things neatly arranged on every surface. "Feel free to come into my room whenever! Like any time. For any reason." She smiled sweetly, her brown puppy-dog eyes pleading for his friendship, blissfully unaware that she was most definitely coming on much too strong for a seemingly shy dude like this one. Easing into a friendship certainly wasn't Nika's strong suit; she preferred to just bombard those she liked with love and hope for the best.

Nika proceeded to talk the boy's ear off, barely letting him get a word in edgewise. "You a freshman? Don't worry, I'll introduce you to some peeps. Oh, you can meet my friend Cam! He's sooo sweet and nice, you'll love him," Nika chattered on, smiling at the thought of her precious pal, Cameron; taking a moment to wonder who his roommate was, and hope the poor boy wasn't freaking out too much. "Maybe we can swing by his dorm--" The thought, however, was interrupted when her attention was captured by something behind Laird. "What is that? Do you have a.." She squinted at the movement in Laird's bedroom, a soft gasp escaping her. "..a pet! Ooh, what are those? Rats?"

Nika rushed over to his room and nearly ran inside but stopped herself in his doorway, as if suddenly remembering it's not polite to just barge into a person's bedroom uninvited. She instead peeked up at Laird with a pleading gaze. "Can I see them, pleease?" Nika clenched her hands together in a praying motion to underscore the sincerity of her plea, glancing between Laird and the rats scurrying about in their custom-built habitat.
Interaction: Laird Arrezola

coded by weldherwings.

MOOD: Annoyed

basics
MENTIONS:
None
INT:
None
tags
TL;DR Read the awful post I’m too lazy to do this.
tl;dr
Coralis Bentley
In the name of social dominance...

Move in day at HU was one one of Cora’s favorite days of the year. How could it not be? Torturing her new roommate, causing trouble and flirting shamelessly were basically a tradition at this point, and at the start of her second year of college, Cora needed to make sure everyone and their mother knew who she was: Coralis Bentley, self proclaimed Queen of Hartley.

Cora currently stood outside the door of one of her family's many cars, small suitcase in one hand, phone clutched like a lifeline in the other. She took a moment to admire her perfectly manicured nails before turning to Steve, who had been lugging her suitcases into the building these past ten minutes.

“That’s the last of it Miss Cora,” he said, smiling kindly over at her. Steve had worked for the Bentley family for as long as she could remember, and he was like an uncle to Cora.

She smiled at him, kissing him on both cheeks before waving to him as he pulled away from the building. Grinning confidently, Cora strode to the building itself, heels clicking on the smoothly paved walkway. She’d dressed to impress today, more so than usual, and she looked hot. Really hot. It would be a shame if she were stuck in her stuffy dorm room all day, with a roommate who probably was just as stuffy...speaking of, who was her roommate?

Hell if she cared. Everyone at HU was the same, she supposed. There were two categories: the overly nice weirdos and the overly horny dickwads. There were a few people on campus she tolerated, like Sunny, and Bee and Nika, but the rest? They were nothing more than clay for her to mold—or break, if she wanted. God, it was good being her. Gorgeous, rich, confident. What more could she ask for in life?

Smirking, Cora strode through the halls, passing a few of her classmates on the way. She was in the mood for some hell raising. But first: unpacking. If her roommate ended up having no sense of interior design, she might kill them. Slowly and painfully, in the social sense. It was what she was good at: turning people’s friends against them and all the while pretending to be the good guy. I am the good guy, she thought, smirk growing. It’s a mercy I put these losers down.

When she finally reached the door to her room, left open by Steve when he’d brought her luggage up, Cora let out a small, frustrated sigh. She’d wanted to arrive after her roommate. To make an entrance, so that they knew exactly just who they were dealing with. After a few seconds of angry huffing, Cora decided she could make it work, still. Yes. What she needed to do was to unpack everything before her roommate arrived. Make them feel late and unwanted.

How she would put away the massive amounts of clothes, decor and other miscellaneous items before anyone arrived was beyond her, but she’d sure as hell try to do it. The things she did in the name of social dominance. Her mother would be proud.

code by valen t.

• Sunny loved move-in day.

What wasn't to love? Unpacking had always been relaxing to him, and there was nothing like moving into a completely fresh space and making it your own. And of course, there was nothing more exciting than a new roommate. Sunny always relished in the relationships he made within the dorms, and his roommate last year had been one of his closest friends.

So of course he was excited, practically running up the stairs to his dorm room. He fumbled with the key, humming a tune as he finally turned it to the side and stepped into the dorm. A rush of excitement went through him as he flicked on the lights. The room was exactly how he expected, clean with a little dust in the corners, the smell of fresh paint rushing over him--they must've repainted this room after someone left it in not-so-savory condition. But, it was perfect now.

Sunny played a quick game of eenie-meeny-miney-mo and settled on the door to the left. His roommate hadn't seemed to arrive yet, so he took stalk of the little dorm freely, throwing open cabinets and doors until he was completely acquainted with it. Of course, it was no different than his room last year, but that didn't stop him.

Finally, Sunny settled in his room and dropped his suitcases. He let out a deep breath and sat down on the floor in the middle of the room. Time to unpack.
    pantone
    ®

#FFDD0
    Christopher Davis

MOOD: Insecure

basics
MENTIONS:
Lyle ( dirt dirt )
INT:
None
tags
TL;DR Cam is bored and paints.
tl;dr
Cameron Turner
I don't like it...

Cameron smiled as Lyle came in the door, looking exhausted. He was mostly done unpacking—his clothes were put away, his art supplies on the proper shelves and his bed neatly made (chances were this would be the only day of the year his bed was made). He was hungry, as usual, and his stomach was growling unhappily.

“Hey Lyle…” Cam said, popping his head around the corner to Lyle’s room. The boy had already passed out on his bed, luggage discarded on the floor. Did he know it was only one in the afternoon? “Well I was goin’ to ask if you wanted to go into town but…” Cam muttered, trailing off. It seemed his friend needed a nap. He returned to his room, flopping onto his bed, already wrinkling the blankets. What to do now?

Cam absolutely hated being by himself, and so he’d wait to go into town, but…well he was bored and that was never good for anyone. His green eyed gaze flicked around the room, landing on his guitar. No, too loud. Books? No, too boring. He finally settled on the stack of empty canvases in the corner, practically begging to be used. Grinning, Cam rolled off of the edge of the bed, narrowly avoiding banging his head on the nightstand.

Painting. He could do that. Cam rushed to his desk and pulled all of his paints to the ground, tugging a blank canvas towards him. A pencil. He needed a pencil first. Groaning, Cam heaved himself back off of the floor and stood, unbuttoning his shirt while digging through the already messy drawers of the desk, for a graphite pencil. He threw the shirt on the bed and plopped back down in his spot in the middle of the floor, taking a moment to think. What to paint?

Gaze flicking about the room, Cam looked for inspiration, not surprised when he didn’t find much. There was his already messy bed with its grey covers and two pillows. There was a mirror, hanging on the door. Cam frowned at his reflection before moving on. The desk stood across from the bed, already cluttered with pencils of all kinds—colored, charcoal, graphite. There were cups full of paintbrushes, and sculpting tools across the surface. Half full sketch books were stacked haphazardly in the corner, and even his chair had mixing trays on them. His camera hung on a hook besides the desk, and directly besides that stood his guitar, carefully placed in its stand. And...that was it. So much for finding something interesting to paint.

Sighing, Cam glared out the window at the bright, golden sunlight, the beams of it falling through a towering oak tree just outside the window. This late in the summer, the leaves were bright green and vibrant, looking like hands reaching toward the sky. Birds came and went from the tree every few seconds, and chirps and tweets could be faintly heard through the windows. It was beautiful, serene, and...exactly the inspiration Cameron needed to start painting.

About an hour and a mess later, Cam stood from his position on the ground, groaning as he stretched out cramped muscles. The painting wasn’t anywhere near finished, but it was a start. The tree was all outlined and the very first of what he was sure was going to be many shades of green for the leaves was filled in. The sky was a swirling blue, with greys, pinks and oranges mixed in, a puffy cloud drifting onto the page.

Overall? A good start, but Cam couldn’t help but to notice the little flaws about it. The one part of the trunk where the brush strokes were uneven, or that one leaf that was a slightly different tone than the rest. The place in the sky where the colors hadn’t blended together smoothly, or the indent in the lower corner where he’d pressed too hard with the pencil.

Sighing, Cameron placed the still-wet painting in the corner, out of his direct line of sight. It was like this for every project he did—the nagging feeling that no matter how hard he tried, or how long he spent on a piece, it would never be enough. He would never be enough.

And that was fine.

Right?

Right.

code by valen t.

Last edited:
MOOD: Embarassed

basics
MENTIONS:
None
INT:
tags
TL;DR Kai is excited for the new year, and is happy to unpack.
tl;dr
Malakai Vernon
Like a bloody dog...

As Lottie rushed about the room in excitement, a blur of red hair and commotion, Kai couldn’t help but to smile. When she banged her head, looking for her keys under the bed, however, the smile was replaced instantly with a look of concern. He rushed over to her as she winced in pain.

“Oy, Lottie mate, that looked like it hurt,” he said, wincing. His hands, which were still shoved in his pockets itched to reach out and smooth away the pain, as he always did whenever one of his friends got hurt, but Kai once again reminded himself that he couldn’t just go around putting his hands on people he’d only just met. Especially a very tiny, very pretty woman. Being 6’4” and muscled, paired with the fact that he was an exchange student didn’t exactly give him the benefit of the doubt in situations like this.

“I...are you okay? You whacked your noggin harder than a kangaroo kicks,” Kai added, frowning. He was no stranger to banging his head, especially against unsuspecting door frames, but it didn’t stop him from feeling bad.

As he waited for her response, Kai’s thoughts were a mess of unfinished ideas and unsaid words, the energy he had to rein in so tightly on the outside now turned inward. Hanni. Was Kai’s best friend at the school yet? God, he hoped so. He’d missed the bloke all summer, since he last saw him, and now all Kai wanted to do was find Hanni and give him the biggest hug he could. Maybe even a kiss, if he was lucky. Just the thought of it had Kai flushing again, his face surely matching Lottie’s hair. What he felt for Hannibal was...complicated, to say the least. More complicated than either of them cared to admit, so they’d never addressed it, content with their “bromance”.

Kai pushed the thoughts from his mind and turned his full attention back to Lottie, praying his face wasn’t too noticeably red. “So...boba? Shall we hit the town, love?” Kai asked, grinning. This year would be fun, if Kai had a say. He’d make sure of it.

code by valen t.

Last edited:
Charlotte Marino

♡◇♤♧
How are you feeling?
Hungry, the pain can wait
What are you wearing?
Where are you?
Dorm room
Did you mention anyone?
Malakai
Who are you talking to?
Kai

Charlotte noticed Kai frowning and felt happy in a sense that he care if she got hurt or not. It was the little things that made Charlotte happy. She was smiling brightly like before, ignoring the slight pounding in her head. "Pfftt silly I'm okay really! I'm clumsy all the time, I'm pretty used to it" she said going over and jumping up slightly to pinch his cheek, gently of course.

"I'm ready, let's go!" She said making sure she had her phone on her before they would exit the room. She was certain that Kai and her were going to be great friends. She was already pretty comfortable with him so that was a good thing. Maybe if things kept up she would have the courage to ask him to be her muse for a painting she's working on..or even for him to listen to her play the piano. In time, of course.

"If there's anyone else you'd think would want to go you can invite them. I usually keep to myself on moving day, but this is refreshing" she admitted. She wanted to go out of her shell just a little more so she could feel like her old self again, when she was truly happy. Lottie had pushed those thoughts away as instead of going to the elevator, which was very busy, she was headed to the stairs. That's what she usually did anyway. Even when there were escalators she would result in taking the stairs. Some thought her weird for it,but she didn't care and would brush it off.

º º code by ditto º º

5ea603d94bca6352db54ebc3

MOOD:
Excited

Lillian's Dorm
INTERACTIONS:
Sunny Jeong holdenjc holdenjc

MENTIONS:
Sunny Jeong holdenjc holdenjc

Lillian Allen

"Thanks so much, bye!" Lillian called to her mum and sisters as they drove out of the Hartley University parking lot. She put her small bag on her back, took her two suitcases out of her car, then locked the vehicle. She confidently strutted towards Kingsley, where she knew her dorm to be. She made a turn into the left-wing, her nose wrinkling slightly at the unpleasant smell that had seemed to appear over the summer. Scanning the numbers of the doors along the hallway, she finally reached her dorm and pushed open the door.

Sunny Jeong - that's the name that she had read when she received her dorm assignment. Upon entrance to the dorm, she could see him sitting in his room, unpacking his belongings. After quickly dropping her suitcases and bags in the unoccupied room, she ran over to his and leant against the doorframe.

Lil quickly surveyed his appearance, before raising a hand in greeting. She made eye contact with him and gave him a warm smile. "Hi, Sunny! It's so good to see you!" She gushed, stepping forward to outstretch her hand. "Wow, we're going to have such a cool year, aren't we?" She babbled, stepping back and looking around the room. Finally, she returned her gaze back to Sunny, admiring his blond curls sitting effortlessly on his head. "You know, I think it would be really cool to have curly hair. Like, naturally. Curling it is just too much effort, even though it does look nice..." She sighed, examining a section of her hair.

After rushing out of his room to check in hers, Lillian returned with a glum look on her face. "I should probably go unpack my stuff. And leave you to it. Have fun?" She said with a small laugh and quick parting wave before returning to her room. She started with her bedding, which was patterned with yellow, grey and white triangles, before unpacking her clothes, hanging some photos above her desk, setting up her computer, and filling the small bookshelf. "Hey, um, are you any good at cooking? Because, uh, I'm definitely not... Anything beyond a microwave is out of my league." She called with a laugh whilst making her bed, too full of the excitement with the new year to even consider being embarrassed about her lacking culinary talent. She hoped Sunny would be understanding, but she really couldn't consider how he would ever be the kind to be anything but nice to someone. After all, the combination of his name and the vibe that he had, in Lily's opinion, couldn't amount to anyone less than a cute, playful puppy dog.

Lil proceeded to unpack her clothes and store them in the drawers underneath her bed, hoping that they would fit. "Did you have any pets back where you're from? Hey, where are you from? I'm from Vienna, Austria. I had an iguana named Ao Kuang, actually," she continued, feeling slightly reminiscent about her beloved reptilian pet, but confident her sisters would continue to love him in her absence. Now that she thought about it, she forgot to confirm with her mum when she and her sisters were going back to Austria... "Oh, and there should also be that party tonight, right?" she thought out loud, proceeding to hang a few photos above her desk. "I think it'll be fun. You'll be going, right?" she asked hopefully to the other side of the wall, putting her computer on her desk. "Actually, I should probably find out more about that... Oh my gosh, and I need to pick out an outfit! It'll be fun."

Putting her last unpacked items on the bookshelf, Lillian took a step back to survey the progress that she had made, before flopping onto her bed, satisfied. As nice as it would be to take a nap, she decided to get up and have a look around the rest of the dorm, despite it being almost identical to last year. "Well, this place is nice, isn't it?" she concluded, taking a seat in the middle of kitchen floor so as to be completely immersed in her home for the next nearly-one-year.

code by ditto (head empty go bonk)

❅ Nika Darling ❅
"Awwww.." Nika laughed, nuzzling the rat against her face. "What a sweet little babyyy," She cooed, placing the gentlest kiss on its head before gingerly petting the tiny, furry creature, and curiously stroking its weird little hairless tail. Nika grabbed her phone when it started buzzing impatiently on Laird's bed, giving it a quick glance. "Ooh, Cam hit me back! He said we can swing by. Come on, I'll introduce you," She said cheerfully, handing Laird his pet back with great care.

---

When the door was answered by a handsome, brown-haired boy-next-door type, Nika gasped at the sight of him. "Cammyyy!" She gave a little squeal of excitement as she threw her arms around the young man's neck and jumped into his arms, giggling as she was lifted off the ground a bit. Normally too short to be face to face with him, she took full advantage of the opportunity to give him about 500 kisses on his cheeks.

"I missed you sooo much!" Having not seen him all summer, she immediately launched into nonstop chatter. "How are you? How was your summer?" Continuing her chatter as she was gently placed back on the ground. "You said your little sister is going here now too? Where is she?? I wanna meet her!" She prattled on, squeezing his torso lovingly as she spoke.

"Oh!" Before he could answer everything, she scampered back to find sweet Laird still standing awkwardly near the door. Nika grabbed his hand, gently pulling him futher into the dorm. "This is my roommate Laird! Isn't he cute?" She said proudly, clearly very pleased with her new roommate.

"Laird, this is Cameron!" She slipped herself under Cam's arm, so it was now draped over her shoulders. "This dude is the biggest panty-dropper at this school. I mean, look at him." She threw her arms around him, indulging in another fond hug. "And the boys? Forget it, they line up for him." Nika glanced up at Cam's horrified expression, delighted to see the familiar, adorable look of embarrassment painted across his face at the topic of his good looks.

As the two got acquainted, Nika wandered curiously around Cam's new dorm, peeking into his room with a smile at the beautiful painting he'd clearly just done, propped up in the corner to dry. Looking about the common area, she stopped in her tracks when she spotted a sleeping Lyle sprawled out in the other bedroom, and another gleeful gasp escaped her.

"You're rooming with my boyfriend??" She squeaked, looking back at Cam, trying to keep her voice in a hushed tone. Barely able to contain her excitement seeing Cam and Lyle again, Nika managed to creep quietly into the boy's bedroom. She removed her shoes and carefully slipped into the bed beside Lyle, curling up beside him with her head on his shoulder, giving him a gentle but loving squeeze with the arm she'd draped over him.
Interaction: Laird, Cam, Lyle

coded by weldherwings.

MOOD: Insecure

basics
MENTIONS:
None
INT:
Nika ( Qwertycakes Qwertycakes ) Laird ( logastellus logastellus )
tags
TL;DR No.
tl;dr
Cameron Turner
I don't like it...

Cam had almost forgotten that he’d invited Nika, and her new roommate Laird over. Almost, that is, until a knock sounded at his door and a blur of blonde hair and energy barreled into his arms. He was unable to keep a grin off of his face as he looped his arms around her and squeezed her gently, happy to see his friend after the long summer.

As he was bombarded with questions, kisses and more hugs, all Cam could think about was the fact that Nika had just had to come when he was covered in paint and shirtless. And she hadn’t seemed to notice—which he supposed was a blessing. He loved her dearly, but she could be a little...overwhelming sometimes. Especially when it came to the matter of Cam’s looks, which astounded him to no end. It just...didn’t make sense why they adored him so much.

His luck seemed to run out when Nika pulled someone through the door. Laird. So this was her new roommate! Cam opened his mouth to say hi and to finally answer Nika’s questions, but quickly shut it at Nika’s comment about...panties dropping? And guys lining up? Oh no no no….Cam could feel his face turn as red as the converse he’d thrown in the corner, and his mouth opened and closed as he tried to figure out what to say. At least she hadn’t said anything about having no shirt on yet….

“I...uh...hi…” Cam choked out, forgetting how to speak basic English in his embarrassment. Great, now Laird would think he was a bumbling idiot. What a great first impression. He took a few deep breaths before trying again to answer Nika’s questions. “I...hello, Nika darlin’,” he began, a small, still embarrassed smile on his face. His normally already thick southern accent had been amplified by ten in his nervousness, and he cursed himself for it.

“I...yes, Cheryl’s here. I don’t know where she is though and I’m kind of worried and…” Cam trailed off, not wanting to ramble. “My summer? I...well it was borin’. Same as last year. How was yours?” Cam shoved his hands into his pockets, hating them for trembling. It was a curse, having anxiety around the people you cared about, but he couldn’t help it. He was just glad his entire body wasn’t trembling, as it was prone to doing at the most unfortunate of times.

Cam turned to Laird, feeling bad for having left him out of the conversation for so long. “Hi, Laird darlin’...I’m Cameron. Or Cam, or Cammy...or whatever you want to call me, really,” he introduced himself, smiling softly. Nika finally left his side to explore, and her pleased gasp could be heard loud and clear as she discovered that Lyle was his roommate.

“I...you’re datin’?” He asked, confused. This was certainly the first he’d heard of it. Shaking his head, Cam looked from Nika to Laird, and then to a splotch of blue paint on his arm. He was sure he was covered in it, and he only hoped he didn’t look too stupid. And he still needed to put a damn shirt on.

“I was goin’ to go into town...if y’all wanted to come. I’ll buy us dinner, too,” Cam offered, hands still shoved into his pockets. “And Nika? I missed you too, darlin’.”

code by valen t.

Last edited:
MOOD: Tired

OUTFIT: here

basics
MENTIONS:
Cam @Kio.exe
Nika @Qwertycakes
Laird @irenic

INT:
Cam @Kio.exe
Nika @Qwertycakes
tags
TL;DR Lyle is woken up by Nika.
tl;dr
lyle chateau
What's going on?
(The credit was gone in the last post, I didn't intentionally remove it. My apologies.)

After Nika had come into his room and hugged him, Lyle woke up with a start. "Shit... hey," he mumbled tiredly, rubbing his eyes. Perhaps the clothes he was wearing were too uncomfortable to sleep in, anyway. He hugged Nika back and just held her tightly.

"If it isn't Nika Darling herself," Lyle said, purposely making his thick French accent more distinguishable. It had taken a while, but he had finally accepted his title as her "gay French boyfriend."

"I'm her gay French boyfriend, we're not actually dating," Lyle explained to Cam after noticing that he looked a bit confused. He then let go of Nika and sat up, yawning and stretching. He looked over at Cam and noticed he had splotches of paint on him. He smiled a bit. He'd never been Cam's roommate before, so he'd never really gotten to see Cam paint in person.

Lyle perked up at Cam's idea of going to town. "Ooh, can I come with you guys?" he asked eagerly, but then let out a soft sigh and looked away. The last thing he wanted was to be a bother, and he didn't know if everyone would be okay with an extra person coming with them.

code by valen t.

Last edited:
❅ Nika Darling ❅
"Aww, I'm sorry. I shouldn't have woken you up." Nika smiled fondly, admiring his sleepy but handsome face as he rubbed his eyes. She laughed with a soft squeal of glee hearing Lyle lay his dreamy accent on even thicker, cuddling him tightly. "UGH, you're so adorable!" She kissed his cheek a bunch, just as she did Cam, giving him one more gentle hug before scooting aside so he could sit up.

"Ooh, did you say food, Cam? I'm staarviiing." She called back to Cam. She'd been so busy arranging her room and bickering with her mother, she'd barely noticed her stomach rumbling impatiently until now. Nika hopped up from Lyle's bed, smoothing the wrinkles from the front of her dress, along with a couple flakes of Cam's dried paint. She looked up to see Lyle looking a bit sad, uncertain if he was invited to their outing into town, and it made her brow furrow. "Of course you're coming with us, silly!" Nika placed a soft, reassuring kiss on Lyle's forehead before scampering back out to Cam and Laird.

Nika broke into a bright smile hearing Cam's famous "darlin'" again. She grabbed his arm, hugging it close, like a child with a precious teddy bear, and looked up at him with her best puppy-dog gaze. "I'd say you should put a shirt on, Cam, but, like...do you really have to?" She grinned playfully, happy to embarass him some more after being denied the privelege all summer.
Interaction: Laird logastellus logastellus , Cam Kio.exe Kio.exe , Lyle dirt dirt

coded by weldherwings.

MOOD: pretty content with life

OUTFIT: here!

basics
MENTIONS: Charlotte .Curious.Nat. .Curious.Nat. Lyle dirt dirt Kai Kio.exe Kio.exe
INT: Hanni logastellus logastellus
tags
TL;DR wolf is being adorable w his kid and is abt to leave to go see charlotte
tl;dr
wolfgang brandt
for you, a thousand times

There was routine to Wolf's day. Less so of his own free will, but a schedule none the less. 3am, come home from work. 7am, prepare breakfast. 8am, wait for Mika to wake up. 9am, watch cartoons. 10am, class. 4pm, Mika and friends. 8pm, work. His days were filled with his daughter and illegal activities, and although he wasn't a fan of the latter, he really did not want to risk changing his routine. In his life, change was bad. He wasn't about to leave his daughter an orphan.

Heaving a box over his shoulders, the large man pushed open the white wooden door leading to his wing of the suite. He had paid good money for the apartment, considering the usual two-bedroom dorm was not nearly enough space for him, his artillery, and a rascal. Speaking of which, someone was busy furiously tapping away on his phone as she followed him into the room.

"Mika, angel, what are you doing on phone?" Wolf mused, setting the box down on his bed. The tape that sealed it shut had begun to unstick from the cardboard surface, and with it the label reading "Work Stuff". He probably should have tried stapling it shut, considering it's contents were nothing of the fair kind, but he had taught Mika not to open things that weren't hers. His real concern would be his roommate, Hanni, although the irate Irishman never really bothered in Wolf's things either. A small figure bumped into him distractedly, to which he hoisted her up onto his hip. "Going through Daddy's phone, huh? I see you have found Twitter." Scrolling absentmindedly through the history of texts between Mika and his now good friends Charlotte and Lyle, as well as a few unfamiliar faces like Aspen and Kai, Wolf forced himself to stifle a laugh at some of the interactions. His daughter was a darling, he was well aware, but having her words put down in writing only made her ramblings more adorable. "You only talk to Charlotte and Lyle and their friends, ok? No strangers. Dangerous for you, baby." He hummed, stuffing his phone back into his pocket before rifling through Mika's bangs. For being done by a man whose only hand-eye coordination experience was guns and writing, they were not too shabby.

After leaving a forehead kiss or two, Wolf walked back out into the common area. Apparently now there were plans to go out to town and meet up with Charlotte and Kai before he let them ransack his home during babysitting. Or perhaps only Charlotte was babysitting now, as Hanni and a few others had plans to go to the pub. "Hanni? We go to town and see Charlotte." He called out, knowing Hanni was somewhere in the apartment, likely unpacking like he was just a few moments before. "We take my car."

code by valen t.

MOOD: Nervous, Reserved, & Filled with Desire

OUTFIT: https://i.pinimg.com/564x/ac/67/d1/ac67d1a65965b9ea2ea987a822f81cc9.jpg

-------------don't type anything past this comment-------------

[/COMMENT]
two
INTERACTIONS: Nico

MENTIONS: Nico

[/COMMENT]
two
TAGS:
@kio-exe

[/COMMENT]
two
TL;DR: ....
two
Risa
Risa spent her early morning stained in motor oil, her lefvt hand is covered in small circular bandages as she had possessed small cuts throughout the repair. As Risa screwed in her last nail, she wiped off any oil or stain on the motorcycle before pushing herself up. While stretching, Risa looked up to see her grandmother looking down at her with her arms crossed and eyes narrowed. Risa took in that stare still feeling fear clench at her stomach, she looked down whilke walking upstairs into the hotel. "¿Qué te dije sobre trabajar en ese moroticlo? ¿Qué te dije sobre lucir así en público? Espero que ir a esta escuela ponga un pensamiento real en esa cabeza tuya." (What did I tell you about working on that morotcycle? What did I tell you about looking lkike that in public? I hope going to this school puts some actual thought into that head of yours.)

Risa keeps her head down and expression desolate as she walks past her greandmother heading into the bathroom. She says nothing while her grandma got one last word in. "Eres como tu padre" (You are just like your father)

As an hour past, Risa stood outside her dorm as her grandmother dusts her off and straightens her hair. "You are fortunate of one thing, you don't look like your father. You are beautiful just like your...mother. And you have her talent....and her eyes...and her smi-" She grabs Risa's face and looks at her with a look of regret.

"Get good grades, no distractions, no boys, and no-"

RIsa sighs, "No letting people bother me or distract me. Ever."

Her grandmother nods her head gently. "You really did learn something from me. Have a good school year."

Another hour had past and Risa was now unpacking in her room, she pulled out books, lights, and white covers with sewn in cacti. Risa smiled gliding her finger tips across the embroidery and all she could feel is a memory of her mother. Risa shook her head and snapped out of the memory, working on organizing everything.
Never thought that this would be my life
code by valen t.

tired,hungover
hannibal
hannigan
mentions
Malakai Vernon
interactions
Wolfgang Brandt
tags
toucant toucant

Hannibal jumped awake at the sound of his alarm clock ringing in his ear a sound he dreaded especially when he had been drinking a lot the night before. Slamming his hand on his alarm clock to silence the blaring noise, turning over under the covers he could feel every ache in his body be amplified but nothing could compare to the pounding in his head. He curled his fingers around the top of his duvet and pulled the cover down just enough to use one eye to peer over the covers to look at the clock. Waiting until the blurriness disappeared from his one of two functional eyes he looked at the time on the clock. 10:30 am. Groaning, Hannibal pulled the cover back over his face and counted to ten before taking in a deep breath quickly removing the cover from his body. Before getting out of bed he could hear his roommate Wolfgang and his daughter Mika in the living room talking before a question was directed to his bedroom door. “Yeah...just give me a few minutes to get ready mate...” Hannibal was able to croak sitting up letting his feet touch the cold hardwood floors. Groaning as he walked to his bathroom he took a quick hot shower, hoping to get his blood flowing and ease his raging headache. He really overdid it this time and can vividly remember what happened last night. He remembered being in a bar and getting shitfaced with one of his friends, then he was talking to a very sexy woman which led to the both of them making out in one of the bathroom stalls, and the last thing he knew he was at her place with nails being dug into his back. He can't even remember how he got home but he did and all he could do was shrug as the water cascaded down his back. Turning the faucet off he stepped out of the shower and wrapped his towel around his waist. Looking through his clothes in his closet, he tossed a polo shirt and some cropped pants on his bed then started getting dressed. He could feel himself get nauseous each time he bent down to put his pants on or even grab a pair of oxfords out of his closet. He really overdid it this time. Grabbing his Rolex putting it on his wrist he thought about the summer vacation he had, he spent a month in Australia with Kai, two weeks in his hometown in Ireland, and the last few weeks in Washington with his mother. He thought about Kai and how much he missed his Aussie best friend. They were roommates their first year at Hartley University and the friendship grew into a very...very...very complicated "bromance". Hanni has never had so much love for a person than he did for Kai, they were basically two peas in a pod that would occasionally swap a kiss or two...alright just straight make out with each other. Neither of them would sit down and talk about said relationship, Hannibal wouldn't bring it up and he never really asked Kai his opinion on the topic. Nevertheless, he looked forward to seeing his best friend after he was finished getting dressed he grabbed his cellphone, wallet, keys, and most importantly sunglasses. He was not going out into sunny River City California still hungover and ready to vomit into a trash bin on the sidewalk any minute from now.

Walking out of his bedroom he remembered the bottle of Irish Whiskey he bought while he was in Ireland and quickly went to dig around in one of his boxes of items he had shipped ahead of time before leaving Ireland. Grabbing the bottle he placed it in the kitchen cabinet where the liquor is held hoping he could share a drink with the brute. Hannibal became roommates with "intimidating" and "scary" german man Wolfgang Brandt during his second year, since the two hit it off so well and Hannibal took a huge liking to Wolfgang’s five year old daughter Mika, Wolf found a three bedroom apartment and basically told Hannibal they were moving off campus. Hannibal not complaining continued being the German mans roommate. Turning around to see the five year old girl playing with her fathers phone probably on Twitter again he swiftly picked her up placing kisses all over her plump face before putting her down enjoying the soft giggles that came out of her. Looking at Wolf with slightly puffy eyes and a look that said ‘I had one of those nights again’ Hannibal didn’t have to say anything, he grabbed a jacket putting his sunglasses on and began walking towards the door. He turned the handle pulling the door open then looked at Wolf before speaking his voice sounding a little horse. “I’m too banjaxed to drive anyway mate so yeah we’re definitely taking your car...”
coded by reveriee.

Last edited:
MOOD: Content

basics
MENTIONS:
Lottie ( .Curious.Nat. .Curious.Nat. ) Wolfie ( toucant toucant )
INT:
Risa ( SparrowVale SparrowVale )
tags
TL;DR No.
tl;dr
Nicolai Sanders
Now I don’t know how to, live in this world....

Nicolai hated move in day with a passion that rivaled Hera’s hate of her illegitimate son, Hercules. He hated America in general; it was loud, noisy and had bad food. Trash littered the grounds like intentionally placed decor, and the cities smelled like sweat, motor oil and fumes. Greece seemed like a whole other world, with its clean water, beautiful blue skies and friendly people. Nico missed it more than he cared to admit, but being here was better. Away from his aunt and uncle, and away from his parents who still had no clue what had happened to him those long months each year he’d stayed with them.

Now, he stood in front of the large, ancient brick building where his dorm room was, luggage in hand. The late August California sun was beating down on him, and Nico almost wished he’d chosen not to wear long sleeves and pants for once. Almost, but not quite. It would be cooler inside the building itself, anyways. Sighing, he pushed open the heavy wooden doors, his blue eyes flicking around the disturbingly empty halls. Was he late? Or was he early? He had thought the paper had said to come at one...and it was almost three.

Nico proceeded down the hall tentatively, like his every step would lead him to his doom. It was ridiculous, of course, but he did it nonetheless. When he finally reached his dorm room, the door was already open. His roommate had arrived before him. Nico took a single step into the doorway, taking a moment to glance about before giving his roommate a small smile.

“Hello. Am Nicolai. You are Risa?” He asked, his English unruly and his Greek accent thick. He could only hope she understood him. Most people did, but there were always a few who couldn’t. Nico moved more fully into the room, watching as his roommate unpacked. He hadn’t brought much, and he’d have to go into town later to get supplies. Like the magical yellow fish...what were they called? The red haired girl on Twitter had told him….oh! Goldfish. Maybe Risa would go with him, or one of the other people he’d met that day.

Like Wolfgang, and his little daughter, Mika, who Nico had inadvertently become the mother of. Or Charlotte, the spicy American who was good for Wolf to marry. Or even Grisha, who had a pet bear that Nico wanted nothing more than to pet. Last year, his first year at Hartley, he’d kept to himself more than anything, and hadn’t really made many friends. This felt strange, but not entirely unpleasant. He could get used to having friends. Maybe.

“Am going to unpack. If need help, ask. I will help,” Nico told Risa, tugging his luggage into his room. The room was more spacious than he’d expected, with the bed in the corner, a large desk across from it and several shelves for books and other miscellaneous items to be placed on. There was also a large armoire in the corner, where Nico would put all of his clothes.

He made quick work of unpacking, placing everything neatly and quickly into its proper place. Nico couldn’t stand a messy room, and he hoped that Risa agreed. He didn’t know if he’d make it through the year with a messy roommate. The last thing he did was make his bed, spreading the light grey covers neatly over the surface of the bed.

It was good, easy work, and it had taken less than an hour. Now, he’d have the entire day to do what he wanted. Not that he knew, of course, exactly what he wanted to do. He was hungry, that much he knew, but he didn’t particularly wish to go into town alone, and he was useless at cooking anything other than traditional Greek cuisine.

So he’d wait. Maybe he’d go see the child he was now the parent of, or pester Grisha with more questions about his bear. Maybe he’d ask Risa to go to town with him, or maybe he’d take a nap. For now, however, he sat on the edge of his bed, flipping through the pages of a thick novel, all the words in English. He had to get better at the difficult language somehow, but for now, 60% of the words looked like a random collection of letters and symbols. This would be hard. Really hard.

code by valen t.

Last edited:
MOOD: Nervous, Reserved, & Filled with Desire

OUTFIT: https://i.pinimg.com/564x/ac/67/d1/ac67d1a65965b9ea2ea987a822f81cc9.jpg

[/COMMENT]
two
INTERACTIONS: Nico

MENTIONS: Nico

[/COMMENT]
two
TAGS:
@kio-exe

[/COMMENT]
two
TL;DR: ....
two
Risa

Risa tucked in her sheets, before setting up her bedding and laying it out across her bed. She had her phone in hand brave enough to talk to people who go to her school online. Her grandmother would have yelled at her for hours just for that. "¿Qué haces, chica? Hablar con la gente en línea, eso no le hará dinero!" (What are you doing, girl? Talking to people online, that won't make you money!)

Risa would rather not listen to her grandmother but she doesn’t know any other way. As footsteps enter the room and she heard a boy speak with a thick accent, her heart dropped. They gave her a roommate, Ay Bendito! Grandma Yves said no distractions, from boy, girl, or anyone in between. Her grandmother specifically asked for no roommate for her little one, that it would ruin her education. But, Risa was also not raised to be rude or disrespectful, she turned her focus onto her new roommate, Nico.

Risa could feel her heart pounding for again, for several reasons. 1. He is a person in general and her grandmother forbid her to interact with anyone. 2. She would have to admit he was cute and that didn’t help at all. And lastly, 3. He is going to sleeping in the same room as her for the rest of the school year and he is a boy! Ay, she is going to be in trouble if her grandma found out.

"Hola!" She stuttered out, "Yes, my name is Risa."

She smiled weakly, before calming down a bit and grabbing one of her moving boxes. "Uh you're accent, are you from Greece? I heard it is beautiful there." She tried to keep her voice calm and steady while talking to him. She didn't to come off, out of place or awkward, but that thought seemed to be impossible. Risa never had a chance to hang out with kids her age, it was always adult the "proper age group." That's why her bestfriend is a Spider named Martin (Mar-teen) the Spanish Spider, speaking of him, *where is he* then out of horror. Risa watched as Martin walked across the room over to Nico, he was a friendly spider but most people don't know that. As fast as she could, Risa grabbed and shoebox and slammed it over Martin. She looked up at Nico, "Oh uh sorry thought I saw a bug."
Never thought that this would be my life
code by valen t.

mood :
Confused, oddly interested in irritable bowel syndrome.

Orientation tingz
interactions :

Qwertycakes Qwertycakes
Premed
Cheryl Turner

"You have everything?" Holly's voice boomed out of the tiny Iphone that Cheryl was gripping tightly, it was either that-- or be forced to drop her phone... or worse. Her pamphlets. Yes, she needed each and every one. Cheryl highly doubted she was gonna need a Planned Parenthood pamphlet, god forbid. But this was the whole college experience! She wasn't about to miss out on anything.

"Yeah, mama. I'm all set. Wallet, cash... textbooks... I can't think anymore on what I'm supposed'ta have."

Cheryl was getting a whole bunch of looks, most likely because she was talking to her mother on facetime while everyone else was out mingling with their peers. It was orientation, not the first day of kindergarten and here she was. Talking to her mother as if she was a five year old, practically begging for her not to leave. "Your brother helped you with your luggage? You have clean clothes? Your cardigan? Sweaters? What about clean under--"

"Mama!" Cheryl practically yelled, startling another girl near her, to which she offered the smallest of smiles as an apology. "I gotta go. Love you." She said, hanging up before her brothers had decided to snatch the phone away from her mother, avoiding a conversation that would last entirely too long about a video game she didn't care about. The girl pocketed her phone, putting in a very much leather pattened satchel that was, yes, you guessed it.

Her father's.

The Turners liked to reuse and recycle, alright? Besides... antique southern chic. It was gorgeous. "Alright everyone! Once you've gotten your student ID, you'll be assigned a group. Don't forget to..." Blahblahblah. Cheryl knew all this stuff already. She approached the camera man who redirected her to the blue backdrop behind her.

"3, 2--"

Flash.

Well then.

A student ID of none other than her was placed in her hands, and of course-- but of course, her eyes were closed in the photo. "What... what am I supposed to do with this? Can't you take it again?" She asked, brows furrowed questionably. The older man looked up from the computer with a grimace. "Sorry, Dorothy. One photo per student." It was either that, or he was just incredibly lazy to do his job correctly.

"My name isn't--" Oh. Sarcasm. Got it. He had already moved onto the next person and Cheryl had given up. People like him weren't ones to pick with, she should know. There was tons of girls at her high school with his same exact attitude. Tired, bitchy, and ready to move on with their life that is going absolutely, no where.

She redirected her attention to finding whatever group she was in. Group... B? That was a thing, right?

Yeah, so Cheryl said she knew all this stuff already and decided to tune out the woman who's voice had made it's way into her eardrums and pierced her brain. She lied, alright? If Cheryl was anything, it was a know-it-all... even if she didn't know anything at all. She chose a line of people who looked as baffled as her, and believed this was the line she should be in. At least... she hopes so.

What a better way to pass the time than to read one of these extraordinarily ridiculous pamphlets.

'Do you have irritable bowel syndrome?'

"Well, I hope not." Cheryl said, cracking open the overly folded paper and began to read.
coded by reveriee.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back