• If your recruitment thread involves completely going off site with your partner(s) then it belongs in the Off-Site Ad Area.
  • This area of the site is governed by the official Recruitment rules. Whether you are looking for players or looking for a roleplay, we recommend you read them and familiarize your self with them. Read the Recruitment Rules Here.

AngelOfStars

Slippery Snek
An Introduction:

Oh lordy lou, hello there! I think this is where I am supposed to hook and reel you in with the EXTREMELY interesting and cool personality that I have, right? You are already falling head over heels for my writing and definitely want to consider me as a roleplaying partner without even having to read further... right? No? No... Okay then I guess I gotta convince you a little more, so without further ado please read on and look at all of the definitely interesting things I have to say, and maybe you'll chose me like I'm a rare Pokémon. Anywhosies, I wanted to make a more refined search since I usually just post my general thread, but I really don't have the mental energy for anything other than these two things right now, so why not do this!

- I have breathed the fine oxygen of this planet for 20 years so far

- I would consider myself a rather literate roleplayer. I usually say semi-literate, but I find that, if I am truly interested and invested in a roleplay I can end up writing practical essays for responses/posts.

- On the same note: I am human, I make mistakes. I missed two years of my English classes in Middle School, so I don’t know all those famnchy schmanchy grammar and punctuation rules.

- I do not get offended easily, nor do I get grossed out by most things. It truly takes trying to offend me to do so. That being said - I usually stick to my partners limits, but for me nothing is truly off the table unless I explicitly mention it, or it is your own, personal limitation.

- I live on the Eastern Coast of the USA - so I am in the Eastern Standard Timezone.

- I do not typically do canon characters. I find that I feel inadequate when portraying their personalities and overall being, and that there is a certain pressure to meet the standards of what someone expects from said character when doing this. That being said I am open to negotiating something where this is concerned - as this could be potential growth for myself as a writer.

- With the last point being said: I also can portray all sorts of characters. Whether I am male or female does not really matter to me in the long run. Of course I am a female so portraying the inner machinations of my own female psyche is easier as I understand it better. The only pairings I do not do is FxF, not out of dislike or distaste, I just simply prefer not to - THAT DOES NOT go for side characters, or reference, or anything like that. I literally do not mind or care about that stuff I just can't write it well as my main thing.

- My minimum is usually two, typically large paragraphs. And that is when I am feeling intense writers block, or lack of a muse. My posts, as I said before, are usually much longer and more intense. Absolutely no one liners, please.

- I am a huge lover of canon universes. I am also a firm believer that just because something is canon, does not mean that we cannot make up our own lore and modify it to suit our needs and purposes. I hate sticking to the laws and rules of a universe because ‘that’s what’s written.’ The fun with playing in a world, for me, is the ability to use what is loved so dearly about what we have read/watched/heard, and turn it into something we can enjoy and add our own creative flare as writers and artists to. I know that canon roleplays are a huge thing here, and on many roleplaying sites, but I have a tendency to want to go 'off the books' when it comes to that sort of thing.

- I experience a rather large amount of ups and downs with my moods. Sometimes I will reply as many times a day as possible for me, and sometimes I will be gone for a while on long hiatuses. I do try to update when I will be gone/not responding - but sometimes this is just not the way that it works, and I cannot muster the energy to do anything or say anything. Please understand that this isn’t me ghosting you or trying to be disrespectful, rather it is me recovering from my own issues and trying to help myself the best I can. If I plan on not continuing a roleplay, I will mention it to you.

- On top of mental struggles, I have an autoimmune disease called Lupus that messes with my overall wellbeing. A few of these key things include:
  • My joints: in this particular case the ones in my hands. This means that there may be times where I literally cannot type out a response. If this is true I will usually send a short message letting you know.
  • My sleep schedule: Not only do the medicines I take make it difficult for me to sleep, but I am constantly tired at the same time. This means that I have literally no sleep schedule and I will be on at the most erratic of times. It also means that sometimes I can sleep for a whole day and still be tired anyways.
  • My mental state: Recently I have been told I will be needing chemotherapy. A huge thing to just simply put out there, but one thing you will get to know about me is that I am quite honest and open about these things. Saying that, this is a huge thing for me to deal with on top of the already extensive amount of things I need to deal with in general, so please understand that this might impact the way I interact with you at times.

[ ] Like I said before I can be really awful at replying to people. This is sometimes from my lack of ability to remember more than 0.2 seconds of any situation at one time. I have written entire replies, not hit ‘send response’ and then waited for days wondering why my partner never responded. Or I just simply forget and think that it is your turn to post, and not mine. This is also a bit due to my Lupus, as it can cause a bit of brain fog. If this happens, just send me a bit of a bump or nudge!

[ ] In the same vein: When I get really excited about a roleplay, I end up going all in and typing a lot and planning/plotting out a lot of smaller details that most people might not want to plan out. If this annoys you, please just let me know and I will tone it down.

[ ] Also similarly: I really love going over the minute details of a scene as I write it out. In a way this can make it very Slice of Lifey. If you want me to stop, tone it down, or have any constructive criticism to offer, let me know. I know that this can tend to stretch things out and make them a bit boring and no one likes that!

[ ] I am completely fine with scrapping, molding, or stopping an idea. Whether it is in the middle, beginning, or close to the end of a story - it doesn’t matter. I will not be offended because you just don’t vibe with how things are panning out. We are authors, writers, storytellers and we should be enjoying what we do - not pulling our teeth out trying to do it.

[ ] I am a connoisseur of the fine art of pun and corny jokes. If you don’t like that sort of thing, I get it, but I’m probably not the type of person you want to talk with.

[ ] OOC is an absolute must. I love making friends as well as writing stories, and learning about you is a way that I can mold my responses to be more in tune with who you are!

[ ] I also am a huge sucker for planning things out, as I said before. I love story building and adding layers of depth to the plot. As a Dungeon Master for D&D, this is just something that I have a habit of doing. That and I also have a nasty habit of trying to keep track of everything in some way or another so that I don’t forget with my scatterbrained self.

[ ] I am open to playing as many characters as you would like to fit into a roleplay. My record is 26 people/characters - not counting my own world(s) that I run for D&D.

[ ] I love surprises. Huge major things that literally change the course of a roleplay/story are great to have planned out, but killing off one of your side characters randomly in a spur of glory and shock is fine! I love stuff like that, and as long as it doesn’t really ruin the vibes why not?

[ ] If you actually read all of this tell me your favorite candy and a few pet peeves you have, both in roleplaying and general life ones :]

[ ] I will be frank: I hate short roleplays, I can't do a one shot scene sort of deal - let's roleplay for a year, two years! Who knows! Long term is where it's at for me.

[ ] Henlo, Y’all, Oof/Oop, Also, Yeet, Homie, UwU, You're Siq, and a few other repeating phrases/words are all things I say on a very, very regular basis. Most were borne out of ironically saying it, and now have become a permanent part of my vocabulary. -Insert sad yeet here-

[ ] I also use commas and dashes way more than should be legal

[ ] I tend to talk about my own personal issues sometimes, if I do this and you are uncomfortable with it please let me know and I will try to reign it in.

[ ] As we all tend to do - I focus on my own characters and their problems/skills/plotlines much more than I focus on yours. I know this is not inherently bad, but I don’t want to take up the entirety of the roleplay with my own information and plotlines. I want to know who your character is, their struggles, their stories, etc… We are writing a story together and I don’t want to take over. So please add your own plot points and interesting bits!

[ ] I try to be rather honest and open about what's going on. If I am not interested in something I'll let you know, and if I think that a post does not quite fit with my style I will also say something and try and offer constructive criticism (as long as it's wanted, anyways) This is not meant to be disrespectful or upsetting, it's just me trying to be honest and communicate!

*Insert nervous laughter here* Yes, I have some expectations of my own. Surprising, I know. Please do not crucify me.

~ Post at least two paragraphs. I understand having writer's block but It is really difficult for me to work off of less.
~ Be at least 17, anything younger makes me feel kind of awkward
~ Tell me if you do not want to roleplay or are having some sort of issue with the roleplay itself. Communication is key in any sort of relationship - even this one.
~ Be alright with periodic long absences. Mental and physical health, and real life issues come first for me.
~ If you read this too, tell me your favourite music genre!
~ Like to joke around and make friends. Life is too short to always take things seriously.
~ Be at least Semi Literate, no *he walks into room with angy look on his face, and glares at u* type of thing, you know?
~ Talk to me! I love friends! Please, I'm lonely...

Now that all of that drabble and 'legal' stuff is done, here's what you probably came here for!

I do NOT have any prompts for Stardew Valley YET, but if you have any in mind or can think of anything you might want to do, please bring it forth post haste!

Also, these are all just plot/scene ideas! All of it is just me writing random things that pop into my head, some coming to me at 4AM after I haven’t slept for three days. Some are short and just random concepts. All of it is here for us to form a world of our own! We can make anything out of anything, really!

Yes, I know, I like Harry Potter too much.

1. A resurgence of Death Eaters, but with a different name. They have the same ideals just called something else. Character A is a Pureblood [Malfoy, Black, Random one we make up, etc] whose family is extremely involved in this group, thus they are too. Character B is a Muggleborn/Half-Blood/Secret Pureblood who could not afford to go to Hogwarts. However they are extremely skilled in magic and entered a sponsorship program run by A's family with the idea of cataloging all of the Muggleborns to keep track of them. B gets accepted into this prestigious program, and goes to Hogwarts with A.
+ This could have the two characters starting out as enemies with A hating B for their Blood Status but eventually becoming friends and eventually stopping the movement

2. Characters A and B have hated each other for as long as they have gone to Hogwarts. All six previous years have been filled with not so hidden threats and the occasional duel. It doesn't help that they have had to work together as Prefects, and now one/both of them got Head Boy/Girl. And to add to it the Tri-Wizard Tournament is back. However, this year it is about teamwork. Two champions from each school are going to be chosen, and both of our characters put their names in the Goblet.

3. Murders have been happening in the Wizarding world for the past year. Murders of important leaders of equality for magical creatures and other minorities in the wizarding world. A is the Lead Auror on the team tasked with catching B.

4. Character A is an Unspeakable who tinkers within the time room. The Ministry had said that all of the Time Turners were destroyed but that was just a way to make people forget about using them. A has been studying the sand within the Time Turners, and other ways to travel through time. An accident occurs in the lab and they are sent back/forward years.
+ They could be sent back to the times of Grindlewald, Voldemort, or all the way back to the days of Merlin and Salazar Slytherin.
+ They could be sent forward to a future of chaos with a new Dark Lord (the character B?)

5. Character A hates werewolves. Despises them with a burning passion. They are the leader of a group of witches and wizards dedicated to suppressing and persecuting them. However, they are attacked by a werewolf one full moon. They were able to just barely escape with their life, and now they have to cope with being the very thing they despise. They take to hiding their condition, as no one has any idea that it happened, at least that's what they think. Character B is the werewolf leader of a secret pack: W.O.L.F or: Worldwide Organization of Lycanthropic Freedom . An organization of werewolves that have banded together to support one another during these times of suppression. The pack has connections across the globe, and eyes everywhere. Their existence is unknown to the general human and wizarding populations - those who join the group sworn to secrecy by Unbreakable Vow. B's eyes find out that A, one of the major proponents of werewolf persecution, was attacked and survived it. What happens as A's first full moon as a werewolf draws closer?

6. It wasn’t supposed to happen. Well - that’s what was told to them anyways. Soul binding has been a forbidden art within the wizarding world for ages. It was considered ‘too much.’ for normal wizarding couples. Too invasive. Too intensive. That’s why, when Char A, charged with researching some sort of dark object for Char B, wakes up with Aurors around them and is told they were now soulbound to Char B - it was almost too much to comprehend. [General idea is Accidental Soul binding]

7. Everyone in the wizarding world dreams of finding the one they are soulmates with. A soulbond itself is rare, legendary really. But Amauras exist - which concludes very concretely that soulmates are, in fact, a thing. An Amaura being that of an instant ‘love connection’ - the ultimate proof of not only magical compatibility, but overall compatibility. They show as two comets orbiting one another - one for each witch/wizard - with colors that indicate particular emotions and feelings. [Found the concept of this in a Fanfic I read, can explain more if you end up being interested to turn this into a plot!]

8. The wizarding world is still recovering from the tremendous loss of population after Voldemort’s rise and fall. Now more than ever the Ministry is promoting marriage. Promoting, though, was a rather nice term for what they were doing. They recently have passed a new marriage law - one that dictates that Purebloods, Halfbloods, and Muggleborns of marrying age (19+) must do so within the next year. They are also barring Purebloods from marrying fellow Purebloods - stating that, for the sake of wizarding-kind and equality - they must marry someone outside of their bloodstatus to prevent the horrors of the past from happening again. [Truly just another wizarding marriage law thing]

9. Char A is in Hogwarts either in the distant future past (Meaning it would take place after OG Harry Potter stuff but in the past of character B) B is a Hogwarts student that lives in a rather Dystopian like era, with Char A being a megalomaniac, cruel, and rather evil dark lord.B gets their hands on a time turner and is sent back to the time when A was merely a student. They end up having to integrate themselves into the Hogwarts of the past, joining their old house, etc... and they end up meeting A and are faced with working with and around the person that becomes the darklord of their future.
The general idea is that it's a turnaround type of thing, where B is able to change the future by changing the way A turns out. (Like rewriting or creating a new timeline or something)

10. Magical Royalty?

11. Could do some sort of melting pot with a few of these e.g: There is a resurgence of death eaters where A is a sponsor of B, the group is murdering people that are important to creature equality, and there is a tournament. [Something like that anyways]

Freedom. It was the only word, the only thought that was buzzing through Skye's mind as she ran. Her leather boots pounded against the soft earth of the forest floor, towering trees breezing past her like brown blurs. Sunlight shone through the thick canopy of the forest, splashing against the ground in soft yellow splotches. She ran right through them, the light barely having time to register that she was there before she was gone. The small bushes and vines that were scattered across the forest floor were no match for her as she ran right through them, barely feeling anything. The crisp autumn air rushed around her, cooling her warm face. The gentle, yet constant breeze caused her hair to flow behind her in a wave like pattern. She was not thinking, just doing. Acting on an almost base instinct inside of her. The thump of her feet was a dull mantra, pushing her on as she took in cool gasps of the late afternoon air. It was a practiced run, each placement of her foot was sure and precise. But it looked and felt free. Wild. Uninhibited.

The concept of freedom was not something Skye often thought about. Usually she felt restricted and imprisoned, caught within the chains of society and expectations. However, as she ran at breakneck speed, dodging around the massive trunks of trees and through the sometimes thick underbrush, she felt as though she was getting a taste of the freedom and adventure she so often craved. It was why she loved running and exploring the forests. Searching without destination. It was a sort of controlled chaos, a wild order. It released the tension and stress she built up form being forced to act like a proper princess. It made her happy.

Out of the corner of her eye, Skye noticed something that stood out against the vivid green, brown, and beginning autumnal colors of the forest. Slowing to a trot, and quickly stopping, she leaned against a tree. Her eyes scanned the area that she had seen the disturbance, taking in slow, measured gulps of air. For the most part the woods around her seemed undisturbed and calm. But she knew better. This was the sort of thing she lived for, having been doing it for years now. She was certain that there was something there. Slowly, she unsheathed her ebony wand, doing the intricate, weaving patterns of a vision sharpening spell. The typical soft gray was now glowing white with the magic she imbued into them. Scanning her surroundings once more, she broke out into an almost ear splitting grin. A dark reddish hue stood out against the green and brown of her surroundings in addition to the dull light blue that was decidedly not natural. She cast a quick Finite Incantum, and began to head towards the ruins. She was elated, after months of searching for something, she finally found it.

Despite her growing excitement, she was cautious. She just wanted to go! but knew better than to jump head first into these sorts of things. The last time she did, she had ended up half dead at the bottom of a huge pit that likely used to be a stairwell. That was where Lucian, her guard, had found her. He had nearly had a panic attack, quickly healing her with his own magic and then chastising her for weeks afterwards. The only good things to come of that situation were her learning to be more careful in ruins, and that she learned that her guard might actually care more than just about his duty to her. She shook the thoughts from her head, refocusing on her new treasure. Skye had taught herself Ancient English, much to the disapproval of her family. She wanted to understand everything about the PME (Post Magic Era), always having found it to be intriguing when she learned the small tidbits taught by her tutor. She focused on the faded red, white, and blue sign that hung above the dilapidated doorway. It was now a pale pink, gray, and light blue, hanging slightly to the side. It read 'Post Office.' Skye knew what an Office was, and what a Post was, but was not quite sure why they had an office dedicated to them. Perhaps they really liked posts back then, they do hold fences together after all.

Continuing on past the odd sign, Skye gingerly stepped through the crumbling entrance into the 'Post Office.' For an office for posts, it really did not have many posts in it. Her eyes flickered around the room before she stopped dead at what she saw. A few feet inside of the building, hiding tucked underneath a surprisingly still intact section of ceiling, was a statue. It was life sized, standing almost a foot taller than her. It looked to be made out of some sort of rough, dark stone that she could not identify. The statue itself was carved in an odd assortment of clothing which seemed to be ancient formal wear. It was made in surprising detail, and she was able to notice the bow tie and vest that the statue wore. The hair was also carved intricately, every strand seemed to be present and view-able. It was an odd style, something that she was certain that she had never seen, nor would ever see, someone of high standing wearing. Longer hair was more 'in fashion' but she found that she could appreciate the antiquity of the style anyways. Perhaps it was popular in ancient times, she mused. She wondered who this person was, and why they had a statue carved in their honor in such excruciating detail. She searched for a plaque to identify them, as most statues had one in the past and present, but could find nothing. Stepping forward cautiously, as to not disturb the ground less it cave in on her, Skye reached out and gently touched the shoulder of the statue, intrigued not only with the material that she had never seen, but also with the detail that seemed to grow the closer she got. However, as her fingertips brushed the rough stone, it immediately began to crumble.

To most it would appear to be a peaceful, late summer's evening. The soft sway of the trees in the warm dusk’s breeze, the quiet chirp of crickets, the crystal clear skies with their full moon, and the occasional hoot of an owl were the perfect picture of tranquility. And within an office on the top floor of the tallest tower in Hogwarts, sat an almost unnaturally still figure. Their posture mimicked the quiet, still nature of the weather outside of the stone walls. The only moments of the figure were that of the wand in their right hand that they gently tap, tap, tapped against the top of the desk where they sat.

This figure was the wizarding world’s newest Dark Lord. One Caius Lucius Malfoy. For ten years, Caius had ruled over and controlled the British Ministry of Magic - carrying on not only his family’s legacy and expectations, but the ideals and values of the past Dark Lord Voldemort, and to some extent Grindelwald. For ten years Caius ruled and led his followers. Followers who respected, feared, and adored him.

And those who didn’t? Well they were crushed. Eliminated. Eviscerated with an ease that was almost laughable to the man.

It was almost too easy to get rid of the opposition. He had eyes everywhere, his money and reach spread far - farther than the Ministry in his own home country, even. The instant that the Order of The Phoenix rose up again he stripped each witch and wizard of their wands and magic. Crushed their resistance within less than twenty four hours.

It was a well known fact that Caius Malfoy was a very, very careful man. Meticulous and cautious down to the individual minute detail. It was the key reason why he succeeded in his conquest. It was the key reason why he studied, and then Mastered the art of Arithmancy and its complex formulas. He paid absolute attention to the things that most people would simply overlook. The tiny cracks within the stone that most would gloss over as unimportant. Uninteresting. Inconsequential.

But to Caius, these cracks were the chasms that could change the very course of history.

That is why the paper he held loosely in his left hand was so... shocking.

To the untrained eye, to someone who did not know Caius, or could not tell the art of Occlumency through sight alone, he looked completely calm. Composed. Relaxed. He sat within his office - the Headmaster’s office - illuminated only by the light of a single candle. The soft flickering light casting once side of his blank, expressionless face in shadow. He was leaning just slightly to the left, his legs crossed in a discreetly careless, but elegant manner seen by most aristocratic wizards. His right hand still tapping his wand against his desk. The only other movement was that of his eyes. The clear gray flickered back and forth as he read the note grasped within his left hand. Again, and again. Back, and forth.

The tapping of his wand grew ever so slightly faster, a light sheen of sweat breaking out across his pale forehead. His gloved hand gently set the offending note down on his desk, a slight tremor running through it as he did so.

The stark, crisp white standing out almost blindingly against the dark glossy wood. As if in slow motion, the hand that put down the paper reached into his robes, pulling out first a golden chain with some sort of golden watch attached to it. Within the watch was an hourglass with fine, silver sand. It ticked softly, in time with the tapping of his wand, as he placed it flat within the palm of his hand.

A time turner.

A rather odd looking time turner.

Tick, tap. Tick, tap.

Despite the serene surroundings, his mostly detached cool, and the general air of peace that hung around the castle, Caius’ thoughts were racing. His mouth was dry as he tried to piece together what exactly he could have missed.

What equation had he miscalculated?

What tiny crack did he overlook?

What chasm had he opened?

Tick, tap

The man squeezes the watch within the palm of his hand lightly, his gray eyes flicking back to the paper on the desk as he reads it once more.

’Foolish’ he thinks

Tick, tap

’How could I be so foolish’

In elegant script, in bold black ink was:

“My Lord Malfoy,

I believe that I have discovered a prophecy which pertains to you, My Lord. I knew as soon as I heard it that you would wish to be informed.

Shall the dark attempt to reign the sands of time, they shall unwittingly invite their end. For the dishonored shall bring forth an irreversible change, and rewrite the fate of thee who thought it to be tamed.

Please do keep in mind, My Lord, that I am merely your humble messenger.

Yours Faithfully,
-Govania Black”

Caius slowly uncrossed his legs, placing both of his boots flat upon the wooden floor. With a practiced elegance, he stood. An almost absent minded flick of his wand and the paper was folded into his pocket. The tap of his wand against the desk was no longer present, but the soft tick, tick, tick of the watch still filled the air.

Haunted his thoughts.

The man hurried from his office, not even bothering to grab his cloak from his chair. He was silent as he glided through the dark, quiet halls of Hogwarts. His wand clasped tightly in one hand, the watch in the other. He was breathing heavily now - his steps quick and frantic as he quietly slipped through the labyrinthian like halls.

Only one thought was present in his mine as he went:

’I have to get rid of it. I have to destroy it.’

He slipped unnoticed through the front doors of the great school, he was running now - a dark figure sprinting across the grounds of Hogwarts, the light of the moon illuminating his silver hair as he disappeared in the direction of the Forbidden Forest.

Tick, crunch, tick, crunch, his pace matched that of the ticking time turner, which seemed to be going faster the more he ran. The more he panicked.

And oh did he run. He ran for what felt like hours, but truly it could only have been a few minutes. His eyes wide now, his breath shallow.

Tick, crunch, tick, crunch, tickcrunchtickcrunch

It became a mantra in his head.

Until at last, he came upon a small clearing. His normally immaculate hair disheveled. His eyes wild.

He stood in the middle of the clearing, the time turner in the palm of his still gloved hand, glaring at the offending object, the silver light of the moon glinting off of its golden shell. His face a picture of disgust. Malice. Disgrace. But not for the time turner. For himself.

’Foolish’ He kept repeating, a new mantra that had taken hold over the overwhelming sound of the ticking clock. Over and over again, as he held the time turner by the fragile golden chain.

He whipped the object down to the forest floor, upon a rock in the center of the clearing. Drawing himself up he began to chant.

He did not use his wand, it would only hinder him. No he chanted, with the best air of calmness he could muster. His palms spread wide and to the sky as wind picked up around him, blowing his long, now unkempt hair into his face. He did not seem to notice, so intent was he upon the time turner. So focused was he on the dark, ancient verses that spilled from his mouth like poisoned honey.

The moon above him was not quite full, just slightly waning. A day after its fullest. It seemed to darken to an almost black as he chanted. His palms seemed to bleed darkness the longer he chanted. Radiating dusky shadows that blackened his surroundings, leaching into every nook and cranny around him.

Finally, after what seemed like hours of a foul, almost palpable swirling darkness - he aimed one palm at the time turner. Sending the entirety of the darkness around him at it. Obliterating it.

The air around him calmed, the sky crystal clear once more. The moon returned to its almost full glory. And in the place of the time turner, a dark stain. Nothing more.

Peace.

Caius hung his head, his eyes fluttering closed for a brief moment as he let out a soft breath.

He was foolish. But he would not be foolish again. It was gone, his power, his control, was safe.

He slowly walked back from the clearing. Back to the top floor, of the highest tower. To his office. Back to predict the future. Back to finding the cracks.

What he did not notice was the soft glint of moonlight washed gold that hid within the brush a few dozen feet into the Forbidden forest and the hunched over, shadowed figure that stood within the trees.

Skye was not really paying attention to anything once she moved away from the witch’s hut. The effects of the potion had not quite worn off, and she still felt more than a little over heated. It felt like she was in a pool of molasses, and everything around her was moving in slow motion. The surroundings looked almost surreal, dressed in an odd light from the now shining sun, and glittering from the residual drops of water hanging off of the foliage. Her amber eyes swept over the overgrown landscape around her, stinging slightly with unshed tears.

All at once it was like everything came into sharp focus. She was in the middle of the woods in Middle Earth, with a fucking Demon. A man who hated her guts for no reason other than the fact that she was an Angel and he had to marry her. Someone who probably wanted her dead more than anything else in the world. Her entire life up until this point was full of people around her, people who said that Demons were not to trust, to stay away from them, to hate them. Of course she never really took it too seriously - she did have one incident where it reinforced the fact that she should not ever trust or go near them - but she tried not to ‘judge a book by its cover’ so to speak. And yet, here she stood, her back turned to someone who would benefit from her death that she was supposed to watch out for, who could easily kill her. And she was angry about it. It was so unfair. And sure, life was unfair and all that bullshit, but this was more than unfair. There really wasn’t a word to put to it that really fit. She didn’t deserve his hatred. She didn’t deserve to be treated like she was inferior for something she could not even control.

Angrily she wiped tears from her eyes, and was about to turn around and yell at him when she felt oddly uncomfortable. It was a weird sensation, one that she did not welcome. She heard Caius say ‘wait’ rather urgently and then he was grabbing her, pulling her towards him. She ended up with her back pressed against his chest. She felt her eyes widen and her breath shorten. It wasn’t that it was uncomfortable per say - it was that she had never been this close to anyone other than Ival and Sindus, especially not a Demon. At first she could focus on nothing else. She felt light headed, and the world around her almost spun. That is, until she noticed the other demon who was looking at her with what could only be described as disdain. She felt herself shudder. Opening her mouth to speak, the most that came out was a small distressed noise. She tried again to no avail, opening and closing her mouth a few times before clearing her throat, and finally speaking “Wh-how close are they?” She had meant to sound authoritative, powerful even. But instead her voice came out faint and weak. Terrified. Fuck.

She wanted to try again, but it felt as if a rock had lodged itself in her throat. She knew why she was scared. The Demon, Josiah as Caius had said, could easily kill her. His eyes screamed that he wanted to. He practically said it when he mentioned that she could die without breaking the treaty. And what was stopping him? What was stopping Caius from helping him? She practically started hyperventilating, he might be holding on to me now, but these two clearly know each other, and what if they decide that a little bit of fun before being forced into a treaty was in order? I don’t have any weapons I couldn’t fight back. Her eyes scanned her surroundings. Her only advantage was that she knew the terrain around her like the back of her hand, and that she and Caius were almost fully undetectable - and soon would be virtually invisible to the Celestial and Infernal guards.

Making a split second decision she quickly stepped forward, crouched down, grabbed a particularly hefty rock, and whipped it at Josiah’s face as hard as she could. In the same movement she spun around, grabbed Caius’ hand as best she could in her own smaller ones, and hauled him in the opposite direction they came from, hoping that their lack of scent in that area would help them lose the guards, and Josiah. She weaved in-between the trees, keeping a death grip on Caius’ hand as she went. She swore she could hear Josiah behind her, but didn’t dare look back to check.

Caius strolled down the steps of the Hogwarts Express, a slight bounce added to each step he took. As both of his feet hit the ground, he stood in place and stretched his stiff limbs, other students filling out behind him. However, he wasn’t really paying attention to them. His eyes were locked on the castle that stood proudly in the distance. The corners of his lips quirked up slightly as he gazed across the Great Lake. This would be his seventh, and final year at Hogwarts, and he couldn’t believe it. Well, he could, of course. He was going to graduate eventually and become a stunning success, that’s what all Malfoys did. But the fact that this was his final year, his last one studying, forming enemies, making friends, and of course - absolutely destroying the other houses in Quidditch like Slytherin had done for the past five years with him on the team - was a bittersweet pill to swallow. But he could finally focus on becoming a master in all of his favourite subjects, and begin making his epic impact on the wizarding world.

This year is certainly gearing up to be a great one he thought, his gray eyes flickering down to the Head Boy badge that was pinned proudly to his specially tailored robes. Yes, this year was almost perfect. Almost. Of course nothing could be too perfect, there was always bound to be a slight hitch somewhere. Out of the corner of his eye, Caius caught the equally tailored, but in his opinion not quite as expensive robes of Fenin Marris. Caius’ eye twitched slightly as he fully spotted the Head Boy badge that was also present on the other wizards robes. He didn’t quite understand what was going through the mind of the Headmaster when they gave Fenin Head Boy too. Especially when he chose Caius, presumably, first. I wonder if he forgot the whole incident where I threw an entire student at him he mused. Whatever the reason, he definitely thought the Headmaster was a few plums short of a fruit pie when he found out.

Fenin was Caius’ nemesis. That is, if Caius cared enough to have one. He didn’t, of course, but if he had to choose someone, Fenin would fit all of the criteria. Sticking both of his hands into the pockets of his robes, Caius tried not to glare at the other wizard. His achievement of getting Head Boy felt tainted by the fact that Hogwarts’ trademark asshole was being put on the same tier as himself. It was the same feeling he got when Fenin got Beater as well as him. Caius was a Malfoy for crying out loud. And while the purity of his blood didn’t matter, he was clearly superior to the likes of the always-angry-sulking-drama-king. Plus, he was liked much more by the school. And did not send an angry cat to attack people.

Speaking of cats, the feeling of something soft wrapping itself around his leg snapped Caius out of his reverie. Glancing down, he noticed Prospero, his handsome tuxedo cat winding his way around his left leg. Smiling down at his familiar, Caius went to pick him up. But before he could even remotely reach for him, he felt the presence of the one person he had spent three minutes bad mouthing internally. Fuck he thought, wincing slightly, I forgot I have to sit with him. And live with him. Merlin help me. Standing up straight, and forcing what was supposed to be an attempt at a smile, but just ended up being a grimace, Caius turned to face Fenin and spoke with an air of nonchalance, “Marris.”

A Later Response for the same RP:

The slight, nearly invisible smile that ticked the corners of Caius’ mouth upward was present the whole carriage ride to school. His eyes glittered with mirth as he leaned back with a quietly portrayed arrogance. Not outward, not obvious, but if you looked you could clearly see the pride he had in himself. However, he did not speak. The only sounds that littered the air were that of the carriage moving as it made its way towards Hogwarts. His eyes did flicker once or twice over to Fenin, gauging his posture and reaction, though Caius did nothing to acknowledge the other throughout the entire ride. As soon as the cart stopped, it seemed to Caius as though Fenin rushed to exit. Of course - it might have been an exaggeration on his part, but the other Slytherin did seem rather relieved to be away from Caius, finally.

Watching from his seat at one of the Slytherin tables, surrounded by the people he called his ‘friends,’ Caius smiled at each new student who was sorted into the house of Slytherin. However, his smile was automatic - almost robotic in nature - as his mind wandered and he thought back to the day of his own sorting. It felt like ages ago, eons. He couldn’t remember being as small and awkward as the first years seemed to him. He didn’t remember being so clumsy as he walked up to the stool. Perhaps he wasn’t. But he did remember the nervousness. Or, in his case, the terror as he walked up that day.

Caius,as all the students, staff, and firsties knew, was a Malfoy. And Malfoys were Slytherins. It was expected. It was generally accepted that immediately upon the hat’s placement upon his head he would be put into the ambitious house. The sorting, according to them and his father, was just for show. A custom. But Caius felt a bit different. He didn’t want to be in Slytherin. A blasphemous thing, for sure. One that would have the cold, icy-gray eyes of his father looking at him with such disdain that he might just freeze on the spot from it alone.

He put on a brave face, of course. Sauntering up to the sorting hat like he owned it - a cheeky grin present on his face, and a confidence that oozed out of him that he didn’t quite feel. Despite this feigned confidence, his heart was beating a staccato dance within his chest, and if anyone had paid close enough attention they would see the young wizard’s fists clenched in an iron grip, his nails biting into his palms. As he hopped onto the stool with a grace and arrogance that could only be described as distinctly Malfoy - his mind was having rather UnMalfoy thoughts.

While he was uncertain of his true fate that day, he knew that he would not be placed in Gryffindor. But the terrifying thought of being placed in Hufflepuff for his cowardice had flashed through his brain, and he almost fainted from the terror of sending an owl with that letter home. As the hat settled over his head, blocking his view of the great hall and all of the students gazing at him, his anxiety only grew. Nearly all Malfoys had an instant decision. The hat barely touched their heads before the clear call of SLYTHERIN! filled the room. But for Caius, the hat settled gently upon his blond head for a moment as it spoke to him. For everyone else in the Great Hall - it was only a couple of seconds, no more than ten or twenty, really. For Caius, it felt like an eternity.

Ah,” The hat spoke, its voice a light rasp, ”Another Malfoy. I know where to put you…” There as a brief pause, before the hat spoke again in a faux whisper. As if the entire great hall could hear it, though Caius knew, prayed, that they could not, ”But you worship knowledge, don’t you. You crave information. Books and potions, innovation and creativity. Yes, you would do well in Ravenclaw..” Caius was gripping the edges of the stool at that point, his heart feeling as though it was going to tap dance right out of his chest. His next thoughts fired in rapid succession, It has to be Slytherin. Please for the love of Merlin put me in Slytherin. I have to be in Slytherin. I have to.

There was but a brief pause before the hat spoke the last thing Caius remembered before “Slytherin” was called, It spoke it solemnly, quietly, ”Fear is a powerful motivator. Watch where it leaves you, Caius Lucius Malfoy, for it can consume you before you even realize it has you within its clutches.

The last statement had stuck in Caius’ head since it had been spoken to him. The words sent chills though his very being every time he remembered them. His reverie was broken by the brush of another first year’s robes. Slytherin. He smiled at them, though the smile didn’t quite reach his eyes. The last student was sorted into Hufflepuff, and Caius half paid attention as the general school announcements began, desperately wishing to eat instead of be spoken to.

It was the usual things; the Forbidden Forest was, of course, Forbidden. Filch Jr. had added seventy more things to his father’s ‘Forbidden Object’s list that no one would truly listen to, what the curfew was, and so on. However as Caius was staring into the inky black expanse of Great Hall’s magical ceiling, he was snapped back into reality by the Headmaster voice mentioning something. Something that Caius had not quite been able to understand, or get understanding from his father for. The dress robes. They were required this year for some strange reason.

His voice rang clear like a bell as he spoke. However, as per usual Caius could not believe what the man was saying. There had always been rumors that he had been struck with some sort of insanity spell, or memory modification as he said and did the strangest things at times. Things that made absolutely no sense. One such thing was happening right now.

“As you all know, dress robes were required for this year. And I am sure you are all absolutely itching to know what those are for.” The crazy man winked at the students sitting within the Great Hall. Caius wanted to roll his eyes and tell him to get on with it. The food at the school was always legendary, especially the first day of classes. However, it was not quite yet to be.

“I do so hope that your parents have not spoiled this announcement.” Caius felt like he was being stared at when that line was spoken, “Approximately 300 years ago, the last TriWizard tournament took place here at Hogwarts. A tragedy, of course. But you know us magic folk, always wanting to test our skills and abilities. That is why today, I present to you the addition of the Tri-School Tournament.” The sound of shocked mumbling, gasps of disbelief, and confusion filled the hall. The Headmaster waited patiently for the whispers to die down, Caius was hissing at the Slytherin students around him to silence themselves, desperately wanting to know where this insane announcement was going.

“Instead of only one wizard or witch working alone, we believe two working together, in the spirit of teamwork and friendly competition alongside less… dangerous tasks will be an excellent addition to this time of peace. This has been many years in the making, and I do hope that as the hosts we can elevate this feeling of friendship. The Goblet will return as an impartial judge with... extra precautions, two champions will be selected. It will test your intelligence, your magical ability, resourcefulness, and most of all your team work. The students from the Beauxbatons Academy of Magic, and Durmstrang Institute will be joining us a week prior to the drawing. And of course, only those of age may participate-” The last part was followed by a series of groans and murmurs of disappointment. “For your own safety of course. Be mindful - these tasks are still dangerous. They are meant to test the strongest of wills, and the strongest of friendships. Do not enter if you are not serious. Now! Enjoy this lovely feast!”

Caius could not even remotely pay attention to the food that appeared around him. He was stuck in his head, images of him as a champion - Hogwart’s champion - were floating around his head as he absentmindedly grabbed a roll and ate it slowly.

Caius' newly broken in, and decorated room now looked as though a violent storm had ripped through it, wreaking havoc and destruction in its wake. The 'new beginnings' of a few hours ago were replaced with the type of carnage that portrayed violence. Books and papers were strewn about - on his floor, his bed, some even lodging themselves in various wooden and stone cracks, and sticking to the walls. Some pages were singed from the barrage of spells that Amaris continued to fling at the wizard, which rebounded off of his shield. His bed sheets and blankets were singed, and Prospero was nowhere in sight. It was a terrible, terrible mess. And Caius, well he despised messes.

As the witch slung spell after spell at him, he watched from within his shield with a detached irritation, watching his neatly decorated and organized room being reduced to shambles. But what finally broke him, and got him to move, and act, was one of the ricocheting spells blasting a hole in the most prominent of Slytherin banners that hung in his room, above his dresser, in front of his bed. Time seemed to slow further for Caius, as his eyes tracked the vivid light of the spell as it sailed towards its destination. It tore through the handwoven flag like it was paper, leaving the edges of the hole glowing embers. Caius felt his heart constrict, as if someone was violently squeezing it in their fists.

Only one echoing thought fluttered through his mind in that moment: that was my fathers.

He had only vaguely heard Amaris and the few things she had spoken to him since her… violent entrance: "Get the fuck away from me,"..."You evil shitty monster" after which, she proceeded to cast yet another, weak, killing curse in his direction.

His eyes held a cold rage that seeped into his veins and rendered him frozen for a moment. Slowly, his gaze turned towards the witch responsible for the mess. He watched Amaris' shield flicker, taking in the fear and horror held in her gaze as she cast yet another Reducto at him. The shield caused it to simply deflect away from him, and slam into his dresser, sending his clothes scattering.

Caius slowly advanced on her, until he was standing only a few inches away. His shield absorbed and reflected whatever spells she had tried to throw his way, though he wasn't really paying attention anymore. In his mind, images of the Slytherin banner, his father, and the bastards that killed his family flickered one after another, over and over again. He was looking at Amaris without actually seeing her. Instead, Infront of him was a watery image of the muggles that destroyed his entire life. His family. His world. He spoke as if it was them he was speaking to, his voice sounding muffled and distant to him, but laced with poison and sharper than a knife, "Me…" he let out a short, sharp, icy chuckle, "me the … evil shitty monster..." His eyes were focused slightly above her head, on the door behind her, then he slowly locked eyes with her though he wasn't truly seeing her, "ME." He slammed his fist into the door just beside her ear, his other hand coming up and grabbing the witch by the throat. He squeezed hard. Not hard enough to break anything, but enough to cut off air flow.
"If.. I am such a monster," he whispered quietly, venom lacing every word, "then I suppose I should just kill you right now… ah but then again, monsters..." He spat out the word as if it was something nasty in his mouth, "aren't merciful. Yes, I think you should live. So that I can make you suffer for what you've done." With that he gave another violent squeeze to her throat, and shoved her back against the door - practically throwing her.

Eyes still locked onto hers, he took a couple of slow steps back. His chest was heaving now, the cold calm was gone, erased as if it was never there to begin with, replaced with a hot, burning rage. His eyes filled with tears, and he choked out the next few words, "A monster. You think that I'm a monster. And you don't even know me." He let out a short, stilted laugh, which slowly turned into a full blown laughing fit. He sunk to his knees holding his stomach as he did so, taking in desperate gasps of air.

He looked up at Amaris then, the vision of her and the men who killed his parents merging and separating, tears streaming down his face, "Y-you came to finish the job and yet you c-can't even do that!" His sentence ending with another violent burst of laughter before he sucked in a huge breath of air and stood up, swaying slightly. His normally calm gray eyes, were swirling with emotion, two dark gray storms as he stared at Amaris. His lip curled with revulsion, and rage, and he slowly raised his palm towards the witch In front of him, his shield casting an eerie blue glow across his face. He spoke again, in a low, empty voice, "I suppose I ought to act as what you believe me to be then, isn't that right? After all, if you're willing to kill there's nothing that can change your mind." And he blasted Amaris with a full force, nonverbal Reducto that shattered his shield, and splintered his door as he went reeling back a couple of steps.

I hope something here peaks your interests, and that I hear from you soon! I am open to OOC chat here or on discord, so if you are interested just shoot me a DM on either place. I usually make separate threads for roleplays to keep things organized and usually prefer to do things here because of character limits but I am always willing to figure something else out!

Add me at:
AngelOfStars#0878

Sorry for any spelling errors!

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back