• If your recruitment thread involves completely going off site with your partner(s) then it belongs in the Off-Site Ad Area.
  • This area of the site is governed by the official Recruitment rules. Whether you are looking for players or looking for a roleplay, we recommend you read them and familiarize your self with them. Read the Recruitment Rules Here.

Fandom Harry Potter RP ideas.

Fabian Gaurd

The Lightning King
Well as the title implies I would like to do a Harry Potter RP. Let me preface this by saying anyone is welcome! I am doing this to increase my flexibility as a writer as well so any style or suggestion is welcome! If there's some form of idea, question, alteration etc you would like to explore I would love to hear, so don't be shy!
That being said, here are my rough drafts/ideas:

Idea one: Teachers Have the Hardest Jobs
This one is super malleable. I would like to play a post Battle of Hogwarts teacher, who teaches Muggle Studies. The Ministry of Magic suggests to Headmaster McGonagall that in order to facilitate better Muggleborn-Wizard relations they hire a Squib to be a teacher at the legendary school, and my character, Rain Griffin, was chosen to do so. Rain is a quiet type, not very strict but takes his job seriously. He seems almost laid back, but his inclusion of muggle artifacts in class such as firearms, explosives, mechanics and the like make his class quite a spectacle. No longer would Muggle Studies be a history class, but Rain will stop at nothing to show how far the non magical counterparts have come, and how both groups can learn much from each other.

Your character can be, well, anything! You can be a student, fellow teacher, you can be Lily Potter or Albus Potter for all I care. Whatever you think will fit in with this idea is your choice. My character will be far from powerful, but I don't expect your character to be the same. You can even make them overpowered, as long as you don't play god and kill my character or main people without my consent I will be fine. The main story line for this will have an interesting antagonist. I think the Slytherins and the children of Death Eaters might not take too kindly by and large to this change, and perhaps Malfoy and his son might be a pushing force for my removal. Depending on your character we can have a more threatening antagonist, to reiterate I am very open to your ideas.

Idea two: Catching Magic
After several murders are done in 1974 Britain two Aurors are tasked to solving this mystery. As they uncover clues as to who is the culprit they are apporached by Abus Dumbledore, who fears that Tom Riddle is committing these murders under the new moniker, Lord Voldemort. Together these two Aurors join the Order of the Phoenix, and become the first spies for the order.
Again, your character can be anyone, as long as they are an Auror.

Looking forward to your inquires!

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back