• If your recruitment thread involves completely going off site with your partner(s) then it belongs in the Off-Site Ad Area.
  • This area of the site is governed by the official Recruitment rules. Whether you are looking for players or looking for a roleplay, we recommend you read them and familiarize your self with them. Read the Recruitment Rules Here.

Fandom Harry Potter (Present)

Halfanelf

The Professor
Roleplay Availability
Roleplay Type(s)
Hey guys. Trying to satisfy a few of my cravings, so I thought I'd break down a few of the fandoms into their own search threads.

Obviously, I'm craving a good, strong Hogwarts story. At the moment, I'm specifically looking for something set in "trio era" - which I define, personally, as the period between Harry's birth and the events of The Deathly Hallows. I'll consider Marauders' era, but I'm feeling the other much, much more.

I do have a few things for which I'm specifically looking in a partner, though, so let me lay those out for you:

• First off, the all-important literacy expectations we all hate to talk about. I am a writer at heart. I have been a writer for longer than I can even remember. When I write, I take it very seriously. Now, that doesn't mean I'm not silly and chatty OOC, because I totally am when I hit it off with someone. What it does mean is that I need a partner with as much love of the language as I have: someone who will use correct capitalization, punctuation and grammar; who can write posts that have both quality and a modicum of quantity (don't need constant novellas, but I need more than two tiny paragraphs); who knows the difference between possessives and plurals, "your" and "you're," etc. I am a stickler, and when I got my useless English degree, I didn't get it because I love the literary canon. Because...I don't. I got it because I love words (no kidding, eh?), and I love all the fascinating rules and nuances around them. Typos? Not a problem. Occasional mistakes? We all make them. Stylistic rule-bending? I'm doing it right now. Just...respect the language. Realize that it's just as important as the story it's trying to tell.
  • I only write hetero couples. I have nothing against non-straight people or relationships, but it's outside my wheelhouse. I would like romance in the story, because I'm such a chick-flick-loving, hopeless romantic.
  • Along similar lines, I'm not into those blue NSFW things. I love romance, and I love conflict and action in my fantasy and sci-fi adventures, but I'm more PG-13 than R-rated when it comes to my writing. Plenty of very good stories don't have gratuitous "mature" content, and - quite frankly - we're not here for TV ratings; we're here to create compelling stories that make us laugh and cry and think. That being said, I do still prefer my partners to be over 18; there's a line, and I don't want to risk crossing it. Also, given that I'm well-established in my twenties at this point, it's just easier for me.
  • For trio era, my character is an OC music teacher. I am looking for someone willing to either take or double as Remus Lupin for me. In return, if we're doubling, I'll gladly play any canon of your choice.

I think that's everything...

So! If you're interested, I very much encourage you to PM me, so we can see if we mesh! Please note that I DO NOT respond to comment replies left here under any circumstances, so please use the PM function.

Thank you!

~Kisa

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back