• If your recruitment thread involves completely going off site with your partner(s) then it belongs in the Off-Site Ad Area.
  • This area of the site is governed by the official Recruitment rules. Whether you are looking for players or looking for a roleplay, we recommend you read them and familiarize your self with them. Read the Recruitment Rules Here.

Fandom harry potter oc interest check [m/m] !!

qquacesque

hey guys!! just a little idea i had recently, hoping someone would be interested. before i get into the idea, i just wanted to give some extra info about me;
  • im under 18, so if that makes you uncomfortable please dont respond! i did plan on this being a more romantic rp, so please take that into consideration.
  • i dont have a preference for style (e.g. literate, non-literate), and i really dont have a "limit" on the legnth of responses. the only thing i ask is that you try to avoid 1 or 2 sentence replies (unless the situation calls for it). its okay if you cant write more than that sometimes, but if youre consistently giving me 10 words responses then it makes things kinda difficult ;/
  • i tend to go overboard with my own reponses, and they can end up being quite long. but i dont expect you to match my reply!
  • i also dont have a preference when it comes to character sheets; i can work without them just as easily as with, so thats up to you!
ok! so! the prompt is basically the typical enemies-to-lovers type beat.

Thomas Mardelle is a 5th year Gryffindor at Hogwarts. Over his 5 years spent there, he's built up some-what of a reputation; A fantastic Quidditch chaser, and pretty good at Defence Against the Dark Arts, but otherwise? Completely useless. His below-average attention span and disruptive nature meant his teachers had given up on him way back in first year. It hadn't come as a surprise when his patronus had appeared as a golden retriever (though much of the staff were shocked he'd managed to conjure it at all in the first place...). He was quite popular amongst other students, though, and had gathered quite a few admirers through his Quidditch skills. He was a nice kid, overall; a little too loud and energetic at times, but he meant no real harm. Most of the time.​
O.W.L.s are fast-approaching. in potions class, all students have been paired up to practice and revise for the practical portion of the exams. Thomas had always found potions to be an interesting subject, but he wasn't expecting to do very well in the tests. No amount of interest and enthusiasm can make up for a complete lack-of-skill. And attention. He would try so hard, but no matter what, would fail miserably. He didn't have high hopes for himself, and he knew the professor didn't either.​
But that wasn't even the worst part. The worst part is who he was partnered up with.​

so basically, your character would be thomas' partner for the potions exam! its up to you what house, personality, etc. your character has, the only thing i ask is that it's not a canon character (e.g. draco, hermione, harry, etc.)

if youre interested, please drop a reply or send me a pm! i tend to be able to reply pretty fast!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back