• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

Fandom Harry Potter Next Generation Main (Accepting a few more)

OOC
Here
Characters
Here
Other
Here
“ No it’s okay, I understand” Lyra respond to Marielle's apology. she well understood that everyone - including her – were a little bit afraid and just wanted to arrive safe to Hogwarts. Besides even though Lyra knew who they were, they didn't really know her. So Lyra gave a soft smile and looked at Alabaster waiting for an answer.
just before Alabaster answered, another kid showed up asking to join them, and mentioning that he was kicked out of his cabin, to which, Lyra tried to hide a little aww. The kid in the cabin asked whether the other kid now standing next to her was a first year and tried to offer both Lyra and the knew kid a seat. Lyra looked back at Alabaster who held her cat and said that she only trusted Marielle and said that they can do whatever they like as long as they didn't bother her. “cool, thanks” She smiled again giving a little wink to the kid sitting next to Marielle and took a seat in front of Alabaster, giving space for the new kid to settle.
Lyra wasn't the talkative kind, she may held a conversation or two, but she wouldn't be the one to strat. She took out her book, and kept her wand at reach. taking one last look at the others in the Cabin, then at the now closed door. She gave a barely hearable sigh of comfort and started reading.

FireMaiden FireMaiden , Radio_Rat66.6 Radio_Rat66.6 & The Jest The Jest

He smiled a wee bit when he heard what he thought was an "aww" from the girl beside him, but was returned to the situation when the boy questioned him. "Sure am," Reggie said to the other first year.

After being allowed inside, he felt a bit relieved, "Thanks a million!" He sat down where space was available, but hopefully closest to the boy his own age. Not that he wouldn't be comfortable with the others, mind you, they seemed reasonable folk. But it's nice to have someone going through what you are. At least that's what he believed.

Sitting down, Reggie put the palm of his hands beside him and let his legs kick around a little bit. Finally, he turned to the boy, "What's your name?"

FireMaiden FireMaiden Radio_Rat66.6 Radio_Rat66.6 Cara Cara

Matthew Longbottom

Location: Kings Cross Station| Interacting with: Pandora| Mentions: Tahiti Tahiti

Matthew looked towards Pandora and a goofy smile spread across his face but then as his sister said they should find a compartment he sighed, "Hey Pandora, s-sorry she's been like this summer long well since we went to stay with great grams." He said and grabbed hold of her cart with one hand, he was only trying to help with the cart mainly so it didn't hit the poor first years. He sighed to himself and followed his sister. He lifted up his trunk the put his sister's up and moved to help Pandora with hers.
code by Ri.a

Marielle Weasly and Jackson Potter
Hogwarts Express
Interaction: Radio_Rat66.6 Radio_Rat66.6 The Jest The Jest Cara Cara
Mentioned:
Marielle nodded, standing up to move over and take a seat next to Alabaster. Jackson however, didn't move despite wanting to, the other girl was very intimidating. And she looked like a Malfoy, the stories he had heard dispute his father telling him that they helped during the war of Hogwarts, it was still a little unnerving. He caught Marielle's questioning look, to which he glanced at Alabaster. Marielle just gave a slight nod, before clearing her throat. "I'm Marielle Weasly, Slytherin fifth year, it's a pleasure to meet you," She saix, looking between Lyra and the first year. The introduce was mostly for the first year, but she was unsure if Lyra knew her name. Marielle would then look to the two older girls, "So You two, how were your summers?" She asked them, though if they wanted to, Jackson and the other first year could answer.

Jackson however, was to interested in the other boy. She made sure that both Lyra and Reggie had enough room, before he relaxed a little. His attention would turn to the other first year who had asked for his name. "I'm Jackson Remus Potter, it's nice to meet you!" He said with a small smile, "What's yours?" He was very excited to already have a potential friend, even if they were probably going to be in different houses. That was fine though, him and Marielle would still get to spend time together, at least, he hoped they would.

F i l i p p o ♘ O l l i v a n d e r
Hogwarts Express
Interacting with : Braddington Braddington Tahiti Tahiti
Filippo's smiled as the other two interacted. It was clear they were close. Subtle - at least compared to most - glances, gentle concessions in body language, worried looks, comforting hands... they all spoke of a history. He knew those only within his own family. Not that he minded. He was close with his cousins, his aunts and uncles, his parents and his grandparents on both sides. He could not deny that he would have liked to have something like this. With someone. A friendship. A chosen companion. Perhaps this year he could explore that a bit. He had seen many interesting looking people on his way here. He was sure he could find someone who would not mind his tendency and need for quiet and peace. Then again... was the point of friends not to challenge oneself? So... perhaps someone who could undermine his already set desires and quirks... but do so with affection and good faith? He gently shook his head, admonishing himself for overthinking what should really be a spontaneous manifestation. One could not force these bonds. He shook both their hands as they were offered, listening to their introductions. James was a good name. Aodhan as well. They seemed like good people. "I am not a transfer student as you would have thought it. This is my first year in school. I studied with my grandfather before." His eyes ran over the other two as he spoke, the heady mix of Italian and English accents creating a rather strange mix. He focussed on using just English though. For now. He also avoided Aodhan's inquiry. He could always pretend to have forgotten him later. Or would that seem insulting? He did not want to come across as creepy. How does one politely say you have been thinking about them at least once a month for almost five years? And that one's most treasured possession, outside of one's wand, is the three coins they had exchanged. He shook his head again, realising that he had been fading again.
"I could not have let you wander alone. It is a crazy idea. You are students. Also. I would be too selfish to claim it as my own." He smiled gently towards James, nodding his head down. He hoped his language was clear. He might have been good at English. But both his parents spoke Italian almost constantly, and his entire family was almost entirely Italian. Even his English family spoke it, having learned it for family gatherings. He noted the wand James took out, his eyes unconsciously moving along with the patting rhythm from behind his shades. "That is a beautiful wand. Hawthorne? And that sounds like Unicorn right? The core?" Filippo had unconsciously moved his head to the side, as though actually listening to the wand, feeling the energy radiating from it. He had also been leaning forwards slightly, before sitting back. Suddenly. Shaking his head. "Mi Dispiace. I am sorry. How rude." He straightened himself and sat a bit closer to the window. Looking out again. "How long have you two known each other?" There. Nice and neutral. Normal person talk.

Alabaster kept the corner, focusing her attention on Jinx. She was such a beautiful cat, kitten when she was bought, and her father couldn't deny her. Despite her father's cold appearance and attitude, he had a soft spot for his only daughter. On several occasions when she was little he had read her stories but if anybody ever said anything about it he would deny it. Alabaster loved it; it was their secret. She came back when the boy said his name was Jackson Remus Potter. She grabbed the sleeve of Marielle's robe.
"You brought a Potter here? Marielle, you do know about our families, right? I can't be seen with a Potter."
She kept her voice stern and hushed. As she stared down her Slytherin friend she tried to convey what she was really feeling. 'I don't want to hate him'

FireMaiden FireMaiden

Hogwarts Express
Interaction: Radio_Rat66.6 Radio_Rat66.6
Mentioned: The Jest The Jest Cara Cara
When Alabaster grabbed her sleeve, Marielle looked at her, eyebrow cocked. At her comment about her cousin, Marielle felt a slight twinge of anger, but she just sighed, giving Alabaster a soft smile, a comforting one. "My my my Alabaster, what are we going to do about you?" She chuckled, reaching up a bit to pat the hand still gripping her robe. "There's nothing to worry about. Nobody will talk about a shared compartment on an overcrowded train. Besides," She paused, glancing at the others in the cabin, before looking back at Alabaster, her voice even quieter than how she had been talking, trying to calm her. "We both know you're nicer than you try to act, and hardly the hateful type, in spite of who he's related to. Not to mention, you hang out with me right? Weasly's are worse than Potter's right?" Marielle held a slightly playful smirk as she said this, "Just give him a chance. It's only a couple hours, he might surprise you. And, if it makes you feel any better, you'll only be seen with him during this train ride. He's not going to be put in Slytherin."

Reggie smiled wide as Jackson said his name. Not because he knew of the importance of his name, he didn't know much of anything about magic, but he was happy he didn't seem as scared as he thought he was when he passed by earlier.

"Reginald Baines," he said, and did a very slight, child-like bow. He gives a bit of a giggle before leaning back up, "Most people I know call me Reggie, though," he says. He offers his hand out for a handshake, "I'm happy to meet you!" he says, smiling ever-so brightly. Reggie didn't know why, but he was already quite fond of the other boy. Part of it might be that no one really talked to him back home, but he was always fine with the farm animals.

FireMaiden FireMaiden Cara Cara Radio_Rat66.6 Radio_Rat66.6

Alabaster sighed. She hated the name she had to live up to. She just wanted to be alone like she had been before.
"You're redeemable, Marielle. You're a Slytherin."
She looked over at Jackson and frowned softly.
"I really don't want to hate him. He's sweet, but if I stop pretending I get attacked. I have to be like this, Mare. I don't have a choice."
She let go of her friend's sleeve and went back to petting Jinx. The ball of fluff had become a beacon of safety for her. Jinx would never judge her or leave her.

FireMaiden FireMaiden

tumblr_pep2e2idqs1u8aa81o8_400.gif

Isabella Flamel
Mentions: Braddington Braddington TYPE TYPE Radio_Rat66.6 Radio_Rat66.6 FireMaiden FireMaiden Cara Cara The Jest The Jest
Interactions: Tahiti Tahiti MegMath13 MegMath13

Isabella arrived at the platform 9 3/4 with her cart that had all her belongings, she felt out of place by having to take a train back in Beauxbatons the students would arrive in the carriages that were pulled by winged horses. Even just the way of transporting made her feel homesick and even more since her parents couldn't come with her to tell her goodbye before she started a new school year.

She wasn't an insecure person but somehow the whole situation she was in, was making her feel like she needed to act more carefully that she already was doing. She took her belongings making sure that Snow stays close to her that small cat could get lost at any moment and Isabella wasn't going to spend all the trip finding her.

Once she was inside the train, Isabella realized the number of students that were there some seem excited, but it wasn't the same feeling that she had when she returned to Beauxbatons. And it was thanks to the new laws a lot of students were forced to transfer to Hogwarts, and the people patrolling the area wasn't helping to alleviate the mood.

But she couldn't think about that at that moment she needed to find a compartment where she could stay until they arrived. She started to look for a place where she could sit.

But it was useless the first compartment was almost full with three girls and two boys, the next one she checked three boys were sitting even if there was a lot of space still available it was too much testosterone for her, and she didn't want to be the only girl there. She continued looking until she found a compartment where two girls and guy were "Maybe we found a place to sit. Do you like it Snow?" She whispered to the small cat before interrupting them "Excuse me can I sit with you? All the other compartments are already full, and I haven't found a place to sit" Isabella said to the group, thankfully she was glad that she was fluent in English, but her French accent was obvious it would betray her.

Hogwarts Express
Interaction: Radio_Rat66.6 Radio_Rat66.6 The Jest The Jest Cara Cara
Mentioned:
Ignoring what was going on with Marielle and Albaster, Jackson was focused on Reggie. He seemed nice! Which was great, obviously. "Well, Reggie, what house do you think you'll be put into? I think I'll either a Gryffiondor like my parents, are a Ravenclaw, because Marielle told me that's were alot of the bookworms and straight A students go," He said with a smile, before he paused, "Of course, there's nothing wrong with the other two houses, but nobody thinks I fit well with them. Oh!" He looked over to Lyra, who was sitting on the other side of him, "What house are you in?"

"Allie, I know. But you gotta remember, you aren't living your parents life. This is your life, your time at school," She said, looking at the blonde, before leaning back into the seat to crack her shoulders and back. "I also know how the ridicule affects people, trust me. But remember, you dont always have to keep pretending. There's gonna be people who care about you, and and the real you, no matter what." With that she leaned back up, looking at Jinx. "So, how's your cat been?"

Reginald Baines
Hogwarts Express
Interacting with: FireMaiden FireMaiden
Nearby: Cara Cara Radio_Rat66.6 Radio_Rat66.6

Reggie tilts his head, a little confused, "House?" he asked. "I don't really know much about magic... or anything that goes on here, really. My parents didn't know about magic either, y'see. This is all new to me." He lets his feet dangle a little bit, kicking them every once in a while, albeit very lightly. But he turns to Jackson, eyes filled with amazement, "But I'm really excited to start learning!" he says, extremely enthusiastically. And although he didn't know it, he got a little too close to Jackson in his trance of excitement. He found himself a little embarrassed and sat back down, "Sorry sorry sorry! I didn't mean to get really close like that... I'm just really excited is all." He gives a bit of a shy, embarrassed smile.

After everyone settled in, Marielle introduced herself to the first years and asked about summer break. Lyra placed down her book “ I had a nice summer actually, had the chance to see some new places” she replied with a smile while the other kid introduced himself as “Jackson Remus Potter”. Lyra felt something inside her sparkle. She read a lot about Harry Potter and the war that happened. ‘ the boy who lived’ she thought looking at Jackson. then she realized something. Potter.. and a first year … in a time like this. she was now sort of worried for the kid. she didn't want him to get hurt on his first year.

Suddenly Alabaster held the sleeve of Marielle's robe saying that she can not be seen with a Potter because of their family’s history. Marielle tried to calm her down, so Lyra choose not to interrupt. It was ridiculous though, the way people thought that everyone should act according to their houses. Lyra always thought that all the houses were equal. They all had the good, the bad, the smart, and the goofy. she loved her house and she respected the other houses with no exception. Alabaster seemed calm now, and she went back to play with her cat. but the words didn't seem to form in her mind.

Meanwhile, the two kids didn't seem to care at all, and just continued their conversation. the other kid smiled and introduced himself as Reggie. and then they both started talking about the houses. Jackson mentioned the he may be placed in Gryffindor, Lyra thought of her first year. man she was so afraid of that hat at that time but she sure thanks it now for placing her in her house. Jackson also mentioned that Ravenclaw was the house where bookworms and straight A students go. Lyra looked at her book then Chuckled. Jackson looked at Lyra and asked her about her house. “ oh right! I didn't introduce myself. sorry for being rude. My name is Lyra Colt and this is my sixth year in Ravenclaw” she answered with a smile.

Reggie explained that he came from a Muggle family and that he didn't know anything about Houses. “ well Reggie, all you need to know right now is that there four houses in Hogwarts, all four were named after the founders of Hogwarts who were : Godric Gryffindor, Helga Hufflepuff, Rowena Ravenclaw, and Salazar Slytherin. And despite what anyone might tell you when you arrive, you need to know that all four houses are amazing, and they all include amazing people. ” Lyra explained to Reggie with a smile.

FireMaiden FireMaiden , Radio_Rat66.6 Radio_Rat66.6 & The Jest The Jest

Last edited:
Aodhán Finnigan
Hogwarts Express

Aodhán simply stared out of a window as his friend shook the hand of the other. He wasn't lying when he said his mind was elsewhere. He drew his attention back to the cabin as the other gave an explanation as to why he was here. He was a first year. Now that he wasn't expecting. A smile came through followed by a look of sadness as he once more realised that this was a different Hogwarts than the one he was used to, not exactly the best year to start. It sickened him that those that were attending for the first time would get such a warped and horrible view of an amazing institution such as it was. First impressions mean everything and for everyone here, that would forever be a negative experience if the new staff had anything to say about it. He brought back that smile, much more forced and much more obviously so. "Well, welcome to Hogwarts....or, welcome to the train to Hogwarts anyway. Your grandfather has been teaching you? He sounds like quite the man then. It's rare to see anyone home schooled these days. Everyone seems to go to one of the schools. Or school, as it now stands." He looked over to James and saw him tapping his wand, sensing his unease, he pulled out his own wand and pointed it over at his wand and with a chuckle exclaimed "Expelliarmus!" Not actually casting the spell, of course, but just an attempt to try and force some kind of joke, clearly not on his best game right now. "Once again I prove the best dueler, must be 10 - nill to me by now." As the sentence ended, he realised how stupid he sounded and his voice turned weaker before he began joining in with the rhythmic tapping. So stupid. Why did he have to try and joke at all times?

He listened as the other guessed the composition of James' wand. Every line he said seemed to bring back more clues, he really did know this person, but dammit he couldn't place it. The thought once more went to the back of his mind as the question of how long he had known James came up. He was more than willing to answer, and this time with a genuine smile, turned to face his companion, all the while continuing the tapping. "We both came in as First Years here. We met on the train as little 11 year old's and went through the Sorting Ceremony together. Naturally, he got Slytherin and I got Gryffindor, not the most famous houses for friendships." He seems to lose track for a second before snapping back to attention, "We just got to know each other over the years. Through classes, clubs and other things. I help him, he helps me. I would be lost without him." He said in a sarcastic tone that seemed to have an undercurrent of truth. Without much hesitation, he shuffled over to James, Blaze moving to lie on the floor as he wrapped his arm around the others neck playfully, "He's like a brother to me. And that's the honest truth." He meant it. Every word.

Tahiti Tahiti TYPE TYPE

Leopold James Greengrass
Braddington Braddington TYPE TYPE
"Oh how will I ever beat you," James intoned dryly as Aodhan mockingly casted the spell, though neither of their hearts were really in it. Their usual sarcastic remarks and jokes would usually have filled the compartment, either amusing or annoying their fellow occupants, this year he could tell Aodhan's focus was somewhere else though he supposed it could just be the change in atmosphere of the journey compared to the past four years.

James watched Aodhan with concern, his own hand mirroring the tapping movement, before Fillipo's explanation caused his head to turn towards the other boy in surprise. He'd expected him to be a transfer from Beaubaxtons, for some reason he hadn't looked like a Dumstrang student, for someone their age to be a first year a total first year was unheard of.

He leaned forwards as he eyed Fillipo with interest, "That's new, I guess your Grandfather must be some Wizard...to homeschool you for this long." He was trying to be polite, restrain from coming across as overly keen or eager but the silent question of who his Grandfather was remained. James' brow furrowed slightly as he tried to think of who the boy could be, he must be a pure or half blood for his Grandfather to be knowledgeable enough to teach him.

He supposed that was a good thing, he doubted this year was going to be easy for muggleborns if someone like Morgana was in charge. That thought caused his attention to shift back to Aodhan, was that what was making his friend so uneasy? The takeover? It had made everyone uneasy, Hogwarts desecrated and people on the run as those who had tried to fight had been forced to flee. Most students had probably noticed the absence of certain, noticeable, wizards from the Platform and James tried to remember if Aodhan's parents had been one of them.

His families ties and heritage had left them on the sidelines, not directly involved with either side and instead left to watch as the world around them changed. The light hadn't rushed to them for help whilst Morgana's followers hadn't needed it.

He quirked up a surprised eyebrow as Fillipo listed off details about his wand, whilst every wizard knew about each of the woods and cores it was rare for someone to be able to recognise a wand that quickly on site. Especially the core. "Yes..yeah...Hawthorn...unicorn hair core-How did you know that?" He said, slightly defensive, sometimes people had a problem with his wand and it's similarity to a certain Wizards. In an attempt to avoid being rude he held it up as if to show him before continuing, adding to Aodhan's comment about homeschooling "It's certainly unusual...must be a bit of a culture shock then."

"He'd crash and burn without me," James added with a small smirk, playfully pushing Aodhan away and the hand from around his neck, "Softie." He teased quietly before sobering and meeting Filipo's gaze, "Like he said...met as first years...amazed and scared out of our minds and it just went from there...don't really know what I'd do without him." The he's my brother remained unspoken but James knew he didn't need to say it, maybe if they were alone he would have but he knew that Aodhan knew the truth either way. Regardless of blood or Houses Aodhan was his brother, he helped smooth out his jagged edges and they completed each-other. Two sides of a coin, total opposites that fitted together perfectly. Most of the time.

His mind still lingered on Fillipo's comment on the composition of his wand. It wasn't impossible for Fillipo to have known the wood from looking at it, some Wizards did just know but knowing the core automatically - Sounds like - that was strange. Almost unnerving. Maybe the boy was some kind of wand prodigy or enthusiast, or maybe he was just a little strange. The latter possibility was what was keeping him from asking the burning question of how that was racing through his mind as his mind shifted between being polite or finding out what he wanted to know.

"How did you recognise my wand? That was pretty impressive."

Pandora Lyra Lovegood
Hogwarts Express, Kingscross Station
MegMath13 MegMath13 Stardust Galaxy Stardust Galaxy
Pandora nodded in understanding as Matthew tried to explain the situation and apologise for his sisters actions. She smiled and waved it off, "It's fine..been a tough Summer for all of us I guess...suppose I was lucky I got to stay with my Dad." All of their parents, mostly, were on the run or hiding. She was pretty sure her Mother was holed up in one of the Quibbler's many printing offices and she hadn't spoken to her in days. So she understood why Suzanna was putting up some kind of wall, even if it was annoying. They were all in a bad situation for all of them and ignoring it or refusing to talk about it wasn't going to make it any better.

Isolating themselves and hiding wasn't how the light had won the war last time and it wasn't going to help them do it again. Even if all that currently remained of the Order of the Phoenix were their descendants.

As he reached over to push her cart she chuckled and moved over without protest, although she couldn't resist teasing him. "You don't trust me? Why Mattie I'm wounded." She joked in the hopes of relieving some of the tension, the quiet and subdued atmosphere was setting her on edge and she really wished she could have just gone straight to Hogwarts. Though it wasn't going to be any better there. At least at Hogwarts she could go somewhere to get away from it all, here she was stuck watching as what should have been the best moment of peoples lives especially the first years was ruined because yet another power-hungry maniac was set on taking over the country.

A sharp sting drew her focus back to the world around her as she looked down at her fist and the small half-moon crescents that had appeared on the skin of her palm. Shaking it off she chose to focus on her friends and helping the the twins, Suzanna in particular, that was something she could do and control. Even if she was powerless to do anything about the thugs littering the platform and the nervous wide eyes of the students.

Luckily it didn't take long to find a compartment, most were full but they'd entered towards the end of the train, if they'd gone in somewhere else they may have been searching forever.

"
Thanks." She said as she tried to hide her relief, it was usually a war between her and the compartment shelf to get her things away. For some reason her trunk never wanted to cooperate.

Silence fell and she looked between the twins carefully, weighing up her words before lamely deciding on the question. "Are you okay?" She already knew that this was all going to go so well. Though she was cut off by the sight of a person at the door, smiling widely she nodded as the girl asked if she could come in. "Sure! Yes! Yeah...yeah.." Maybe she could make someones day a little better, even if it wasn't who she'd intended. "Welcome! Come in-" She took a deep breath to stop the flow of words currently tumbling out of her mouth, as her gaze darted over to the twins. "Uh...if that's okay with you both of course..." Trailing off uncertainly, she really should have asked them first.

Silently she cursed her lack of restraint, she did sometimes get like an overexcited or overeager puppy when it came to people. She liked people and she liked helping them. She just hoped she wasn't about to make everything worse.

Alabaster sighed and leaned against Marielle. She looked over at her when she mentioned Jinx.
"She's fine. Always the best friend to me. Besides you, Mare. You're a great friend."
She smiled at the girl and pet Jinx, who sniffed Marielle's arm and rubbed her face against it.
"How was your summer? Mine was the same as always. Studying, meeting with family, and just having fun by myself."
She shrugged softly and looked over at her friend.
FireMaiden FireMaiden

Zeddicus Ivan Von Froy
IMG_0513.GIF

Home was in his rear view now as the lad walked the familiar path towards 9 3/4 quarters and on toward the train. Natasha was busy with work leaving Zeddicus to his own devices as he approached the steps of the train after running through the platform, mind caught up within in his own realm of thoughts, feet taking three taps upon the ground before stepping onto the first step and moving up the slim hall before turning to his right and walking down the halls of the Hogwarts express. "Three taps keeps the bats away......" Zeddicus mumbled as his eyes traced the ground with each step taken. "Urghh..... Bats, I never liked those buggers." Zeddicus continued quietly noticing full compartments with each subtle glance. Meanwhile he pondered changing form and finding a quiet place that would fit a much smaller and non human version of himself. Yes, he could think of several luggage compartments to tuck himself away in, maybe even underneath someone's bench or something, somewhere. Eventually he walked past several filled compartments eying briefly the students in each one. "Just a quiet place, one quiet place..... All these students around, how many agree with the new lead? Oh well. Don't know them. Just gotta keep moving, move along, quiet, a book or thoughts or something." The hufflepuff thought

Next Zeddicus moved toward the back hoping to find some cozy spot with less people he didn't know crowding the compartments. Finally coming across a spot towards the back, opening the door and nodding to those in the room before taking a seat in the corner where he could keep an eye on all angles with his back left from a blind spot.

F i l i p p o ♘ O l l i v a n d e r
Hogwarts Express
Interacting with : Braddington Braddington Tahiti Tahiti
Filippo could not hold back the small smile at the two ribbing at each other. Even with the limited interaction. Even with the poor execution, they still managed to comfort. They still managed to convey a deep sense of love and caring. A bond. With a chosen person. He wanted that. Maybe this year he could also make a friend. "My grandfather truly is a great man. Perhaps the greatest wandmaker to have ever lived. You may very well know him as Olivander. Not to be confused with Mr. Ollivander. Who is my father. Garrick Ollivander is my grandfather. We are wandmakers. And we have been for two thousand years." He was still looking out the window through the blue glasses as he spoke, but the swell of pride in his family could not be denied, and he failed to suppress the smile of pure affection for his heritage. "The ministry has allowed me to study with him till now, if I take exams every year and pass them. But now... now I no longer have that luxury." He subconsciously reached over towards the basket, still warm, still fragrant, memories of home threatening to undo his calm.
He sighed deeply, before looking back at the two, mostly towards James. "As for how I know... there are many theories. My grandfather feels that wands have their own intelligence. Not entirely sentient, they retain the ability to judge some sort of value. And in doing so, convey some of its secrets." As he spoke, his voice was soft, gentle. Similar to that of his grandfather when he spoke. He also... for some reason, sounded even more British. He scooted over again, focussing on the two once more. "I am only within my initial training stages. But... I don't think that is an accurate measure of the reality. Or... or perhaps it is more accurate to say that the use of language my grandfather prefers, imply some sort of 'human' or 'humanoid' quality to the agency within the wand." His brow creased as he thought, his mind searching for the right words. "I... I think of them more as music. Tonal qualities, yes? Frequencies. The magical resonance within a person finding synchronisation with another frequency. So...wand seem 'loyal' because they find resonance and over time 'tune' themselves to us. Yet... wands won, are made subject to the resonance of another wizard. Untuning if you will. Some wands do this more easily... and are then considered less loyal? Right? When it has no fault of its own. Am I being clear?" He shook his head, as he tried to figure it out. He had been trying to word his theory for a while now. It was just a hard thing to do.
"That is why I can 'hear' your wand's core. I can feel it. Sense it. Like you can improve your hearing or your smelling, or your taste... so too you can improve your senses. Some people have naturally good senses, but anyone can learn to 'hear' wands. And that 'speaking'... I think that part is what confuses the matter. Implying cognisance. When it's more like listening to a pure tone, and being able to realise whether it remains the same as it was before, or whether it might have changed." He nodded towards them, smiling slightly, hoping he was not overwhelming them. "Would you like some of my food? My grandmother packed enough for ten me's. It was made with love. I guarantee you would enjoy it." He picked up the basket and opened it. "Please do not hesitate." He smiled, hoping that in sharing his food he could cover for his awkwardness. "I was not allowed to bring wine though... which is a shame." He peered out the window, wondering how long it would be before they got to Hogwarts.

[div class=fyurimain][div class=gradient][/div]
[div class=headermain]HARRY POTTER NEXT GENERATION [/div]
[div class=text][div class=txtheader]ARRIVING AT HOGWARTS[/div]
As the train pulls into hogsmeade village a familiar voice could be heard accompanied by the distant chatter others as they got off the train. "Fir'st years this way!" Bellowed a now older Rubeus Hagrid but the older students smiled and waved towards him. All of them had come to love this giant of a man. But something was different about the way the older students got to Hogwarts sitting in each of the carriages was a man or woman dressed in all black. It seemed that this Morgana was trying to ruin everything about hogwarts.
@Inkwell Braddington Braddington TYPE TYPE @Claudia Stardust Galaxy Stardust Galaxy Cara Cara FireMaiden FireMaiden Radio_Rat66.6 Radio_Rat66.6 @Rayvian Tahiti Tahiti @explosiveKitten The Silent Z The Silent Z The Jest The Jest Paarthurnax Paarthurnax
[div class=fyurimain][div class=gradient][/div]
[/div][div class=fyuricredit]code by @Fyuri[/div]

[class=fyurimain] position: relative; width:100%; background:#252525; box-sizing:border-box; padding:0px 50px 0px 50px; [/class] [class=gradient] position:absolute; top: 0; left: 50%; -webkit-transform: translateX(-50%); transform: translateX(-50%) z-index:5; height: auto; min-height: 100% !important; width:200px; background: rgb(135,224,253); background: -moz-linear-gradient(top, rgba(135,224,253,1) 0%, rgba(81,186,172,1) 100%); background: -webkit-linear-gradient(top, rgba(135,224,253,1) 0%,rgba(81,186,172,1) 100%); background: linear-gradient(to bottom, rgba(135,224,253,1) 0%,rgba(81,186,172,1) 100%); filter: progid:DXImageTransform.Microsoft.gradient( startColorstr='#87e0fd', endColorstr='#51baac',GradientType=0 ); [/class] [class=headermain] position:relative; z-index:10; top:100px; font-family:'Bungee', Impact; text-align:center; font-size: 2.5rem; text-shadow: 2px 2px 5px #000000; color:#fff; [/class] [class=text] position:relative; z-index:10; width:100%; box-sizing:border-box; margin-top:100px; margin-bottom:100px; background:rgba(0,0,0, 0.5); color:#fff; box-shadow: 0 4px 8px 0 rgba(0, 0, 0, 0.2), 0 6px 20px 0 rgba(0, 0, 0, 0.19); text-align:justify; padding:5px; [/class] [class=txtheader] width: calc(100% + 10px); margin:-5px; box-sizing:border-box; background:#000; font-size:20px; font-family:'Bungee', Impact; padding:5px; [/class] [class=fyuricredit] opacity:0.3; font-size:11px; [/class] [/div][/div]

Lyra got of the train and went to say Hi to Hagraid. He was one of her best friends in the school. There was nothing she couldn't share with him and he always help her around.After greeting Hagrid she went to the carriages to see a man dressed in black. she sat down acrose of him and she really wanted to piss him off. But she managed to hold her urge in convincing herself that she will make them pay when they get to school.

The train ride was decent but Zeddicus felt odd once they finally arrived at hogwarts. The express came to a halt once hitting the landing station where rides with personal attendants waited in black. Both men and women at each carriage. Walking out of his compartment and stepping down from the train, Zeddicus looked around with a mixed expression upon his face, one half was glad to be back at hogwarts yet the other half was not looking forward to a morgana controlled year at school. He could almost understand and feel what his sister likely felt each day at work for the ministry. Except she went home each night, while he'd have to stick out a whole year, not to mention he was a hufflepuff , they seemed to have a lesser reputation and looked down upon by the pureblood elites that follow Morgana.

Maybe It was all in his mind but it sure felt that way to him. Meanwhile walking from the trains he headed for a carriage that had one student and a figure dressed in black already set within the carriage. Deciding to settle for the ride, Zeddicus climbed in and looked toward the girl whos name escaped him at the moment but he was sure that she wasnt a first year that was for certain and a name that starts with a 'L' seemed correct. But with small smile and nod to her Zeddicus sat down inside the carriage.

Jarvis Lockhart

IMG_0161.GIF
Jarvis Alabaster Gildroy Lockhart was his given name at birth, however the senior Ravenclaw student never seemed to prefer his full name. He'd accept without complaint except maybe a occasional sigh or rolling of his eyes but the sound of Jarvis or even Jarvy was far more pleasing to hear for him and at this age. Jarvis learned at a young age that his name carried the opposite of the weight others may, such as Potter or Weasley or some other family name.... Even Malfoy carried a different kind of presence then Lockhart. It wasn't through fault of his own for his uncles deeds were his own and not the Lockharts as a whole, but it surely didn't help not with so few known Lockharts if any that were notable enough in the wizarding world. Plenty of witches and wizards yes, but none so noteworthy to counter his uncles deeds. However his past may claim his steps, the truth was it had been motivating for him over the years, fueled his inner fire to achieve great things or as great as he can while in school at hogwarts.

Which there in lay the problem... Hogwarts wasn't how he remembered it from his earlier years, not what he heard about it since from before his first year. Getting up bright and early this morning, checking his luggage to ensure his cases were all set for the new school year, showering, new clothes and robes put on and fixing his hair just so while looking into the mirror and giving himself a smile then a nod before heading out and making the train on time. A decent train ride later and here he was face to face with the carriages looking down at a sea of students getting off the trains before stepping down himself, thinking about the carriage overseers wearing black with his own thoughts on Morgana wondering where she was now and what was going through her mind with this bit of hassle. Years Hagrid saw to the students arrival, no need for guards to ensure they all arrive..... The woman had some paranoia filled nerve in his opinion, but first his mind would have to answer the presence of overseers by trying to keep his cool.

Walking over toward a available carriage with his head held high and a hand in his robes like a nobleman from a older time posing for a photo. A smile reminiscent of his uncle sported upon his face as his eyes glanced toward the figure in black, the overseer as he personally called him. "Waited long...." Jarvis asked rhetorically intentionally poking the figure a bit while getting up and into the carriage sitting himself down.

Interactions: Open

The students were already filling up the carregies. One boy greeted Lyra with a smile and a nod and sat with her in the carriage. She knew him, his name was Zeddicus and she was a year older than him. Lyra greeted him back with a smile and then a hand wave. She then pointed to the man in black with her eyes then said to Zeddicus " can't wait to start this year".

The Silent Z The Silent Z

Last edited:
Zeddicus Von Froy
IMG_0513.GIF

Zeddicus kept a smile as Lyra greeted him back with a smile and wave, turning his glance toward the man in black. Zeddicus gave a side nod eye and brow raise "Same... And here I once thought the next potions exams were something to...." He paused with a shrug and giving the guy a look of his own. "Least it should prove itself a experience." The hufflepuff continued taking a look around the way and seeing different carriages fill up. While making his sights way back toward Lyra with a thought to strike up further conversation and chance to get her name more proper then knowing it's starting letter.

"You, your Lyric yes? Or was it Lyra? I remember you from past years just can't seem to get your name right honestly. Sorry Bad with names myself, I think." Zeddicus spoke with a small smile and settling in more in his seat. "Did you have a good summer?"

Cara Cara

Zeddicus also looked at the man and said that he was looking forward to this year too, then he asked about her name to which she smiled " no need to apologies, I have the same problem with names sometime.. it is Lyra. And I had a nice summer, saw a few new places. What about yours?" she asked with a smile.
The Silent Z The Silent Z

Users who are viewing this thread

Back