• If your recruitment thread involves completely going off site with your partner(s) then it belongs in the Off-Site Ad Area.
  • This area of the site is governed by the official Recruitment rules. Whether you are looking for players or looking for a roleplay, we recommend you read them and familiarize your self with them. Read the Recruitment Rules Here.

king_of_demons12

Soon, Mr. Ducky...
Harry Potter: Dark World
Hi everyone! Defenderofberk and I have decided to host this AU group role play to see if anyone is interested. We are only looking for a few members at the moment but feel free to ask if you'd like to join! Unfortunately many people drop out of group role plays so new players will likely always be wanted!​

Ps - This changes quite a bit of the canon, but it is still set in the Harry Potter world. Unless your character is a Muggleborn or Muggle, please don't have them running around using computers and mobile phones. For sheer simplicity purposes however, all adult characters are going to have an understanding of British Muggle currency.

The year is 2000, but all is not well. In the two years since the Battle of Hogwarts that finally cast the death eaters out of the school, it has been... chaotic. Led by the Heiress (now Lady) of Slytherin, the death eaters have become bolder, still determined to fulfill their goals. Several of their most dangerous members are still at large, causing havoc whenever they arrive.

All is not lost however. Harry has completed his course to become an auror and is now the co-leader of the order, along with the minister of magic Kingsley Shaklebolt. The wizarding world has been torn asunder, but maybe it can be healed?

This role play will start just prior to the first meeting between the three factions (ministry, order and death eaters). The ministry is now controlled by the order, but not every ministery worker is a member of the order. As such, we are looking for members of these three organisations!

Like all role plays, we do have a few rules, but they shouldn't be too harsh. If you have any questions (or criticisms), just post and we'll get back to you soon.
  1. No godmodding. This includes killing off any canon characters without permission, regardless of whether they are someone's "main". That's not to say they're indestructible though; we'd just like for you to ask first!
  2. Karma is a thing in this world. If your character is a complete jerk, don't expect people to like them. That said, other characters will probably be pretty resentful if you're perfect. Try to strike a balance; even the best of us have off days now and then!
  3. No Mary Sues. All high level powers (unforgivable curses, Occlumency, Dark Magic, Legilimency, animagus forms) have to be explained.
  4. You can be a werewolf/vampire but please explain how they came to have their abilities/condition. Also, please try to limit the amount you have. We don't need any Metamorphmagus Veela half-vampires running around.
Regarding relations to canon characters, please ask first. There are a few that are definitely a few that are off-limits:
  • Relations to Harry
  • Relations to Snape
  • Relations to Bella/Voldemort
Here's a few ideas however:
  • Tonks Sibling
  • Weasley cousins
  • McGonagalls adopted child (now an adult)
  • Pansy's sibling
Feel free to add ideas of your own, as this list isn't exhaustive.

Alright, so here is what we are looking for (or roles that are open anyways):

OC Ministry Roles:
Auror (max three please): 1. talesbycara talesbycara
Diplomat:​
Magical lawyer: defenderofberk defenderofberk
St Mungo's worker: Vote Saxon Vote Saxon

Order Roles:
Duelist (max three): 1. Vaplus Vaplus
Spy: Ransokyos Ransokyos
Inquisitor:​
Peace keeper:​

Death Eaters Roles:
Duelists:​
Inquisitor: SupremerMemer SupremerMemer
Advisor:​
Financer: Halfwinter Halfwinter (Theodore Nott)​

Canon Characters (blanks are available):
Ron (he won't be paired with Hermione):​
Ginny (she's not paired with Harry either):​
Pansy:​
George:​
Kingsley Shaklebolt:​
Yaxley:​
Nott: Halfwinter Halfwinter
Tonks (she lived the final battle but has a deep scar on her arm): Imjusttryingtofindmyway Imjusttryingtofindmyway

There have been a few canon deaths, such as:
Molly​
(Kidnapped and executed for killing Bella)​
Greyback​
(Executed for attempting to overthrow the new leader)​
Rodolphus Lestrange​
(Executed for plotting with Greyback)​

If any of this peaks your interest, give us a shout down below! We hope to hear from you soon!

Last edited:
Hello there, I would like to join you. I like RP-ing but I find that most often groups are a little slow for me. I'll do my best to stay regular and update lots, but I often like making plot-heavy stuff. Honestly, there is one part of RP-ing here that I hate and that's having conversations with other people as we tend to write one-lines and then wait for a response. So I was hoping, if possible, we could have some kind of workaround for that?

Either way, I would love to join in, I'm a huge HP fan, quick question: under Order Roles, there's a role called "carer" what does that mean? Does that mean we can pick any role we want? Also, if I want to romance a canon character who hasn't been picked by anyone (Tonks because I have a thing for policewomen), can I go ahead and take control of her character to make a comprehensive story?

To be honest, I'm fairly new to this, I've joined a few campaigns but have trouble sticking around because, as I said, it moved a little slow for me. So please be patient with me, thank you.

I hope you accept me!

Hello there, I would like to join you. I like RP-ing but I find that most often groups are a little slow for me. I'll do my best to stay regular and update lots, but I often like making plot-heavy stuff. Honestly, there is one part of RP-ing here that I hate and that's having conversations with other people as we tend to write one-lines and then wait for a response. So I was hoping, if possible, we could have some kind of workaround for that?

Either way, I would love to join in, I'm a huge HP fan, quick question: under Order Roles, there's a role called "carer" what does that mean? Does that mean we can pick any role we want? Also, if I want to romance a canon character who hasn't been picked by anyone (Tonks because I have a thing for policewomen), can I go ahead and take control of her character to make a comprehensive story?

To be honest, I'm fairly new to this, I've joined a few campaigns but have trouble sticking around because, as I said, it moved a little slow for me. So please be patient with me, thank you.

I hope you accept me!
Hi there, thanks for your message!

Regarding your first point, we are asking of everyone to post at least two paragraphs minimum and we might ask for writing samples to see whether they're a likely fit. If anyone does do any one liners we'll try to work with them to extend it out but if it cannot be done we may rewrite the post to give the other players something to respond to.

We hadn't put up a posting frame yet as we wanted to see how many people might be interested, but ideally we'd like people to be able to post within three days of the previous post unless previously arranged. We found that this gives people time to think and yet doesn't leave the role play too stale. If you find that too slow however, I'm sure we could work something out!

Ah, the carer role is more of a motherly/protector role, but if you've got an idea we'd love to hear it!

We do allow people to play two characters, so if you'd like to play an OC and Tonks, that's fine with us! Just please let us know of any changes you'd like to make, such as if she'd never married Lupin.

Hi there, thanks for your message!

Regarding your first point, we are asking of everyone to post at least two paragraphs minimum and we might ask for writing samples to see whether they're a likely fit. If anyone does do any one liners we'll try to work with them to extend it out but if it cannot be done we may rewrite the post to give the other players something to respond to.

We hadn't put up a posting frame yet as we wanted to see how many people might be interested, but ideally we'd like people to be able to post within three days of the previous post unless previously arranged. We found that this gives people time to think and yet doesn't leave the role play too stale. If you find that too slow however, I'm sure we could work something out!

Ah, the carer role is more of a motherly/protector role, but if you've got an idea we'd love to hear it!

We do allow people to play two characters, so if you'd like to play an OC and Tonks, that's fine with us! Just please let us know of any changes you'd like to make, such as if she'd never married Lupin.

Hello there.... [general kenobi], I'm sorry I couldn't resist.

Anyway, thanks for your quick response. I'm glad to know we'll be more active! I hope I don't sound too demanding and all that, hate to give off that impression. Also, any idea on the dialogue writing part? Like how do you make that more smooth? Of course, I don't expect an answer right away but it would be a shame if we slow down the story just for that.

I'm considering taking an OC and Tonks for my pick as for career I was wondering what a PeaceKeeper was and how that differences from an Auror? Is that like a vigilante? Also when you say inquisitor, do you mean under the Order's control?

Hello there.... [general kenobi], I'm sorry I couldn't resist.

Anyway, thanks for your quick response. I'm glad to know we'll be more active! I hope I don't sound too demanding and all that, hate to give off that impression. Also, any idea on the dialogue writing part? Like how do you make that more smooth? Of course, I don't expect an answer right away but it would be a shame if we slow down the story just for that.

I'm considering taking an OC and Tonks for my pick as for career I was wondering what a PeaceKeeper was and how that differences from an Auror? Is that like a vigilante? Also when you say inquisitor, do you mean under the Order's control?

Oh don't worry, it was perfectly valid question! I'm just glad someone is interested enough to ask.

Well I usually write dialogue by splicing it with their thoughts and expressions. Why are they saying it; what are they hoping the other person will say in response? Are they at ease, angry or upset?

Also, splicing in descriptions of the environment and other characters can also help pad it out about. Maybe they noticed the art on the walls, the cracks in the floor, or the annoying way they keep playing with their hair.

Ah, the peacekeeper is a member of the order that is basically a pacifist and wants an end to the war even if it means letting the death eaters live. They're like a cross between a diplomat and a carer.

The inquisitors are like aurors (so would probably be better for your pairing) and they protect the organisation against spies and potential traitors. Both the order and the death eaters have them (Moody would be a good example for a potential inquisitor character).

Oh don't worry, it was perfectly valid question! I'm just glad someone is interested enough to ask.

Well I usually write dialogue by splicing it with their thoughts and expressions. Why are they saying it; what are they hoping the other person will say in response? Are they at ease, angry or upset?

Also, splicing in descriptions of the environment and other characters can also help pad it out about. Maybe they noticed the art on the walls, the cracks in the floor, or the annoying way they keep playing with their hair.

Ah, the peacekeeper is a member of the order that is basically a pacifist and wants an end to the war even if it means letting the death eaters live. They're like a cross between a diplomat and a carer.

The inquisitors are like aurors (so would probably be better for your pairing) and they protect the organisation against spies and potential traitors. Both the order and the death eaters have them (Moody would be a good example for a potential inquisitor character).

Hmm, well I like what an inquisitor would represent, but the OC character I have in mind is a spy/illegal trader that sells to all three sides of the war when in reality he's secretly a member of the Order serving to supply Death Eater's with poor/faulty material as well as provide information to track their supply and safe houses. Would Spy or Inquisitor agree for such a role?

Hmm, well I like what an inquisitor would represent, but the OC character I have in mind is a spy/illegal trader that sells to all three sides of the war when in reality he's secretly a member of the Order serving to supply Death Eater's with poor/faulty material as well as provide information to track their supply and safe houses. Would Spy or Inquisitor agree for such a role?
I could create you a new role for that if you want, as I like the idea! A smuggler sounds like the most likely position for a character like that, would you like me to add it on?

I could create you a new role for that if you want, as I like the idea! A smuggler sounds like the most likely position for a character like that, would you like me to add it on?

As long as it doesn't interrupt whatever ideas the two of you have planned! I am not dead set on this, but it's in my head now and I really want to play someone who's grey in everything. A Ghaotic Good character if you will.

It won't interrupt anything! We're excited to have you!

Great! I'll be making my character now, as well as Tonk's character sheet. Just tell me if you have a particular character sheet template you want me to follow and where it should be posted! P.S. I live in India, so I won't be active when I'm asleep because....well, I'll be asleep. Anyway, ciao! And fingers crossed for more people so we can start soon!

Great! I'll be making my character now, as well as Tonk's character sheet. Just tell me if you have a particular character sheet template you want me to follow and where it should be posted! P.S. I live in India, so I won't be active when I'm asleep because....well, I'll be asleep. Anyway, ciao! And fingers crossed for more people so we can start soon!
We'll post a CS soon, don't worry about the time zones. I live in the UK whereas most people live in the states.

If someone applied for the spy/inquisitor role within either organisation would that mean the character was pretending to be a member of the other organisation or would they simply be functioning as an auror figure for the organisation they're listed under?

I'm very interested in this, sounds very interesting and I haven't seen anything like it before.

If someone applied for the spy/inquisitor role within either organisation would that mean the character was pretending to be a member of the other organisation or would they simply be functioning as an auror figure for the organisation they're listed under?

I'm very interested in this, sounds very interesting and I haven't seen anything like it before.
Thanks for expressing your interest! We are considering separating out the inquisitor and spy roles but to answer your question:

The order spies work for the order within the death eaters. It's the same for the death eaters except the death eater spy could be in the ministry.

The order inquisitor could be in the order or the ministry but the death eater inquisitors can only be members of the death eaters.

I hope that helps!

It does! Thank you for the clarification!

I'd be interested in playing a death eater spy, as in a death eater within the Ministry if that's possible!

Is it possible to play multiple characters and if so is there a preference for the balance in the number of original characters vs canons or could they both be originals/related to smaller canon characters such as, like mentioned, a Pansy cousin or cousin of another family? As I was also interested in a St Mungo's Worker.

I'd be interested in playing a death eater spy, as in a death eater within the Ministry if that's possible!

Is it possible to play multiple characters and if so is there a preference for the balance in the number of original characters vs canons or could they both be originals/related to smaller canon characters such as, like mentioned, a Pansy cousin or cousin of another family? As I was also interested in a St Mungo's Worker.
That'd be great! I'll have my partner sign you up if you're ready?

We're more than happy for people to play multiple characters and there's currently no real preference to how many canon characters or OCs we have. We would like to try and keep it balanced between the death eaters and the order/ministry though, so your character ideas are great!

Character Sheets are up! If you're playing a canon character you can just give details of their backstory since the Battle of Hogwarts.

Please remember to include any changes to their previous backstory as well!

Hey, I’m new to this site but not to roleplaying and am eager to join as this definitely looks like my kind of RP. I’m confident in my writing etc, but may need a little guidance in terms of the process of RPs on this site (I’ve previously used Wattpad which was not particularly good and the roleplaying was not very sophisticated).

In terms of the character, I was thinking perhaps Theodore Nott as a spy for the Order? I wasn’t sure if you’d consider him canon (some just forget him), or what his was allegiance within this AU.

Would you be happy to have me / what are the first steps?

Hey, I’m new to this site but not to roleplaying and am eager to join as this definitely looks like my kind of RP. I’m confident in my writing etc, but may need a little guidance in terms of the process of RPs on this site (I’ve previously used Wattpad which was not particularly good and the roleplaying was not very sophisticated).

In terms of the character, I was thinking perhaps Theodore Nott as a spy for the Order? I wasn’t sure if you’d consider him canon (some just forget him), or what his was allegiance within this AU.

Would you be happy to have me / what are the first steps?
I'd love to have you on board and I'm more than happy to help you in anything you might need, whether that's guiddance, advise or simply someone to bounce ideas off!

We'd love to have Theodore Nott (I play a lot of slytherins so I'm aware of the character) but I was thinking he'd likely be a financer of the death eaters, if not a member. Do you have an idea for how he might've switched sides?

I like your character so far, good job!

I'd love to have you on board and I'm more than happy to help you in anything you might need, whether that's guiddance, advise or simply someone to bounce ideas off!

We'd love to have Theodore Nott (I play a lot of slytherins so I'm aware of the character) but I was thinking he'd likely be a financer of the death eaters, if not a member. Do you have an idea for how he might've switched sides?
Thanks, that’s reassuring! :)

That works for me - I usually have played him as a struggling good guy underneath but with a lot of problems, and who’s conscience got the better of him after the second wizarding world war - so as someone who is secretly on the Order’s side but still involved with Death Eaters.
But that obviously depends on the type of AU, and he could still be a death eater if you’d prefer. I’m not too bothered.

Financer seems appropriate given he is intellectually minded, but what exactly would that role entail? I can’t do maths to save my life so if i’d actually be managing accounts within the rp that might not be the best fit lol

Thanks, that’s reassuring! :)

That works for me - I usually have played him as a struggling good guy underneath but with a lot of problems, and who’s conscience got the better of him after the second wizarding world war - so as someone who is secretly on the Order’s side but still involved with Death Eaters.
But that obviously depends on the type of AU, and he could still be a death eater if you’d prefer. I’m not too bothered.

Financer seems appropriate given he is intellectually minded, but what exactly would that role entail? I can’t do maths to save my life so if i’d actually be managing accounts within the rp that might not be the best fit lol
I'd prefer him to be a death eater at the start at least as we have a lot of order aligned canons availiable, but if you'd like him to be having doubts that's fine with me!

The role of a financer is similar to the advisor, except instead of providing combat advice they provide social/alliance advice, suggesting possible recruiting practices, alliances and financial decisions. He'd be expected to have plenty of connections and be able to have this available for the death eaters on request. It'd be similar to Lucius's role, except Nott obviously wouldn't be in the ministry.

I'd prefer him to be a death eater at the start at least as we have a lot of order aligned canons availiable, but if you'd like him to be having doubts that's fine with me!

The role of a financer is similar to the advisor, except instead of providing combat advice they provide social/alliance advice, suggesting possible recruiting practices, alliances and financial decisions. He'd be expected to have plenty of connections and be able to have this available for the death eaters on request. It'd be similar to Lucius's role, except Nott obviously wouldn't be in the ministry.
That sounds good to me and would work well with his character. I’ll work on his form ASAP, if that’s ok with you?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back