• If your recruitment thread involves completely going off site with your partner(s) then it belongs in the Off-Site Ad Area.
  • This area of the site is governed by the official Recruitment rules. Whether you are looking for players or looking for a roleplay, we recommend you read them and familiarize your self with them. Read the Recruitment Rules Here.

Fandom Harry Potter? [ ❤ ]

nepenthe.

you are the universe ☆
tumblr_oifnbrwY851v4t2u6o1_500.gif

Welcome

Hello everyone! So during this entire Thanksgiving I've been doing three major things -- cooking, decorating for Christmas, and most importantly...watching Harry Potter and the Sorcerer's Stone.
It wasn't until Professor Dumbledore used his Deluminator and Professor McGonagall transformed did I realize how much I truly miss the Harry Potter series.The magical, dreamy state it leaves you
in, and the undeniable urge to long for your very own letter to Hogwarts. I'd love to explore the whimsical and magical aspects, as well as the fun teenage aspects like the Yule Ball, crushes, bestfriends hanging out in common rooms, watching/playing Quidditch, and spending holidays with one another. All this being said, I would love to do a Harry Potter plot!Whether it be romantic, platonic, dark, fluffy, mysterious, or angtsy - I'm down for just about anything! (: Though, there is a lil' something that I had in mindthat I'd really love to do [ which I'll mention later in the post! ] - but it's not the only option! Feel free to give all and any ideas~!

Rules

{ Detail } I'm not expecting a long novel because lord knows I definitely won't be able to put those out for every single post. But I most certainly am looking for quality and a decent chunk of text! I just enjoy reading content with lots of detail, I love to know the weather and how your character feels and what expressions they have and the view of the surroundings and the types of tones they use. Give me those yummy details and I will love you forever If it's not too much to ask I'd love for a sample post! Mainly out of curiosity than anything else (:

{ Effort } Sure, roleplaying is tons of fun! but I struggle roleplaying with someone who won't chat, it's difficult to plot and plan with someone who just says 'ok' or 'sure' to every single idea, and it's much more fun to be able to fangirl and get all excited with someone! So if you're interested in roleplaying with me please be willing to talk with me! Let's be friends! Let's fangirl together! Let's have fun ! (:

{ Fun } Please come into this with an open mind and be willing to brainstorm! i don't want this to be a one-sided thing, let's roll up our sleeves and come up with lots of fun stuff to do and have fun with it!

Plots

Skinny Love

[ oc x oc ]

Because we're smack dab in the middle of the holidays and we were blessed with multicolored leaves and cool weather [ and soon to be blessed with heavenly Christmas ] I'd really enjoy doing a romantic roleplay. Something cozy and warm and sweet. Like, you could be walking through the snowy and cold Hogsmead, your bones chilled and breath forming before you but just by seeing that one special person you feel a lovely warmth pool in your heart and spread through your veins. Something tinged with shy smiles in eachother's directions, going to cheer at Quidditch games [ or maybe they're both on the same/different team? ], with teasing little flirting in conversations, hanging out with friends with happiness in their hearts, giggling and laughing at eachother at stupid little jokes that they make. Just....something cute, you know? (: I think it would be fun if maybe they were friends with a decently friend group, and they've always had a sort of attraction/flirtiness towards each other but never really acted on it. But as they got older and matured with their friends through their years in Hogwarts, the attraction start growing into more. And now when he wraps his arm around her shoulders, her heart would race and her eyes would get all doe eyed -- unlike before when it was just her 'best friend' hugging her. And when she would smile and laugh at him, he could swear his heart would get stuck in his throat and he couldn't look away, that her happiness was like medicine -- unlike before, when it was just his friend joking around with him. We could definitely have some more action and drama and twists, and I'd love to brainstorm on that! Also,as a disclaimer, I would prefer to have the female role in this.

Ships that Sail
[ canon x canon ]

Okay so I'm a sucker for this one particular ship and no one can shame me because it is absolutely adorable and I completely live for it okay?? okay <3 Sooooo I'd really really love to do Victoire x Teddy, and I'd really love to roleplay Teddy. It's just one of those couples that are absolutely adorable and to die for and I'd really really love to explore their relationship along with their relationship with those of the Next Generation. A lil punky dude with a heart of gold and a spitfire Weasley who is strong and independent and don't need no man [ but she'll still take Teddy anyways <3 ]. Teddy, who is heralded in the newspaper as lurking around with Victoire, is actually pretty sweet and respectful [ but still a hell of a flirt] and despite her sweet and charming demeanor, Victoire has a knack for mischief and causing trouble -- all for the sake of adventure. So if you'd like to do this pairing -- great! PM me with any ideas that you have because I would 10000% love love to hear them!! We can double for this one too, if you'd like. For example, we could do Rose x Scorpius as a double, with me roleplaying Rose!I think that's actually all I'd like to say for this one ahhh...yeah! I'll play Teddy and you can roleplay Victoire! (: I would also be interested in a love triangle between
snape x lily x james, if anyone would be interested!! i'd prefer the role of lily though (:

A bit Unconventional
[ oc x oc ]

A lot of people lovingly refer to Slytherin and Hufflepuff platonic relationships, simply because they seem like the perfect friendship pairing. However, how much do we hear about individual sor groups of these houses being in romantic relationships? Romantic kindred spirits? Well, I'd love to explore this idea! I'd love to have both of our characters contain the stereotypes of their houses. My character would preferably be a female Hufflepuff, therefore she would have the traits of Trustworthiness, Loyalty, Kindness, Justice, Hard Work, Dedication, and Unafraid of Toil. But also having the downsides
of a Hufflepuff, such as being a pushover, being too nice, and sometimes an SJW. While on the other hand, we would have your male Slytherin who is cunning, ambitious, creative and resourceful but may also have the negative attributes of being self-absorbed, opportunistic, and Machiavellian. However, despite these oddities and differences, somehow the two of them become friends, and eventually platonic soulmates...and after a long while of being friends they edge into romantic territory . We can discuss how they do this, any drama that can be incorporate and theprogression of their relationship. I'd just love to explore drama among friends and teachers, grades slipping, boyfriends or girlfriends being difficult, break ups, sneaking out, late night adventures, or just chilling in each other's room or common rooms despite any odd looks they might face. The possibilities are endless! More than anything, I'd just love to explore the Wizarding World, rather than focusing on one bit of Harry Potter - such as romance or action or drama, let's make a melting pot of ideas and genre (; Just let me know if you're interested c;

New World Order
[ oc x oc ]
So this plot is an idea that I've been toying around with a bit, bit haven't quite put it into action. Despite how sad it is in the books/movies, the blood feuds between pure bloods, muggle borns, andhalf bloods has always been interesting. And though at times we've found that the bullying situations and cruel whispers in the halls have brought a painful pang to our hearts, there's nothing quite and refreshing and uplifting as when a kindhearted witch or wizard stands up for the poor muggle born stranger. I imagine this plot would take place in a world where the canon events andcanon characters did not exist, but the fundamental structure of the wizarding world still stands. We have two best friends and, though they reside in the same house and are platonic kindred spirits, there is one single thing that makes them fundamentally different from one another. He [ A ] is a pure blood wizard, one of the finest lines of wizard blood, and she [ B ] is a muggle born witch, who's motherworks as an attendance lady for the local high school and her father is a maintenance manager for a grocery company. But despite this major difference, they love eachother all the same. He doesn't think himself any better than her, and she doesn't think of herself any less than him -- they've been best friends since year 1, after all. He's been her shoulder to cry on when her boyfriendbroke up with her and she was there to egg him on to talk to his crush. [ i.e. 'the love of his life' ]. However, a new Headmaster has come to Hogwarts after their last one had resigned into retirementand, unfortunately, he is not entirely competent at this demanding job. Sure, he's nice enough and ultimately he means well but....he's a nervous man with a fear of things he does not know how to handle, which leads him to hiding in his office when problems arise. Which, at this time in Hogwarts history, is absolutely detrimental to the students. At this time, the children whose parents have filled their heads with reason less hate towards muggle borns are starting to band together, to purge the school of 'impurities'. And, unfortunately, some teachers have joined as well.Initially, it is simply done by bullying the smaller, quieter students to the point where they beg their mothers and fathers to unenroll them from Hogwarts, simply because the pain is too much. And, in many cases, this is exactly what
happens. However, the strong are less likely to leave. They take the ridicule with a grain of salt and hold their head high, unwavering. B is included in this group, and luckily she has the support and protection of A. This is all fine and well until the group takes a dark turn, violence and near death is what the group is inflicting on the muggle borns and even missing cases turn up. However, the group slips more and more into the shadows as their deeds turn more and more nefarious. At this point, our two best friends are fearing for B's life and, in an attempt to gain inside knowledge A joins the dark group,pleading that B had tricked him. However, on the flip side of things, a group of muggle borns are banding together to fight against the group and though they are sparse and incredibly secretive,the burning fire for justice and safety keep them passionate and ready to fight back. A civil war, if you will.

rs_500x208-150901100029-tumblr_inline_napqc37QpM1s8wp3s-1422298485.gif

Last edited:
I would love to roleplay with you.  I want the Gryffindor OC x OC love story that starts out as just friends.  I can give you a RP sample but I prefer to send it to your PM.

I'd love to roleplay any OCxOC idea with you! Would you be open to doubling?? I always like the idea of having friendship pairs as well whenever I'm doing a romantic plot roleplay.

Hey! I would love to RP TeddyxVictoire and ScorpiusxRose with you if you don't have a partner yet! I'd love to play Scorpius as the goofy, awkward kid he's written as in the Cursed Child if that's fine, but I know some people want to make him similar to Draco, so if you would rather that I can.

Last edited by a moderator:
sounds very lovely!!(: feel free to pm me whenever you'd like so we can discuss! also, I have no preference to how Scorpius is portrayed, so mold him in whatever you'd like ❤️

Hello there! 

So I haven't read the Cursed Child yet however I have done some research on the characters and would be very interested in doing Teddy x Victoire with you! As long as my lack of knowledge about the next generation is okay with you haha. I would also love doubling and doing the idea you had for the two OC Gryffindors :)  

if you prefer I have more knowledge about the story then i should also ask if you're willing to do something with characters from the previous generation, so basically the golden trio era, because I would love that as well :3 

let me know! 

sure thing babe, i'd love to do vic x ted and the gryffindor ocs!! : ) feel free to pm me whenever you'd like! <3

Hullo! Would you have space for one more rp in this magical fandom?

All of these plots are really really intriguing and I'd love to find out more about them (especially the Slytherin and the Ravenclaw one!)~

i was wondering if you would still be open to doing one? Perhaps maybe even a double up on the Hufflepuff OC x OC idea? We could both play a typical hufflepuff female or even reversed when there female is a Slythering and the Male is a Hufflepuff, and still use that plot?

The Slytherin/Hufflepuff idea draws my attention~ I've got the perfect character for that RP, may I?

Hey there! If you're willing to double I would love to do Vic x Teddy with you and also your first Gryffindor OCs idea! I love both pairings very much and I am in love with Teddy and have been looking for someone to play him for a loooong time. 

If you're interested, please shoot me a PM and we can fangirl together <3

Yoyoyo! It is quite amazing to find someone with the same love of the Harry Potter universe as me. It's been a very long time since I've watched the movies, and an even longer time since I've read the books, but the nostalgia of such a magical universe has stayed in my brain forever, along with my yearning for a good HP role-play.

I believe that the 'A Bit Unconventional' plot sticks out to me a bit more, out of them all. Partly because I enjoy role-playing characters with established faults - as it makes for great character development - and partly because I am extremely interested in exploring the Harry Potter Universe as a whole. Spell creation, the dangers of Magical Creatures, magical technology - flying cars and flying motorcycles! So many things we can get into, and we're not limited to purely Hogwarts in scope.

Hey if you are still looking for partners, I'd be open to trying both the first and the last plot. Let me know if you're still up for it.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back