• If your recruitment thread involves completely going off site with your partner(s) then it belongs in the Off-Site Ad Area.
  • This area of the site is governed by the official Recruitment rules. Whether you are looking for players or looking for a roleplay, we recommend you read them and familiarize your self with them. Read the Recruitment Rules Here.

Realistic or Modern Harmony Lake Commune

Roles Or Nah?

• Yes! Roles provide a solid ground for relationships and story progression.

Votes: 7 70.0%
  • No, I'd rather come up with my own idea from scratch.

Votes: 3 30.0%

• Total voters

Entropy

Harmony Lake Intentional Community
The Happiest Home on Earth

scroll down

About Us
Harmony Lake is a small intentional community in the forests of Virginia made up of around twenty adults and six children. Since its beginning in 1987 it has been a home and haven for eclectic individuals who choose a life separate from the hustle and bustle of modern society. We are self-supporting and hold common beliefs in equality, community, and ecology. At Harmony Lake, you are free.

Intentional Living?
In simple terms, Harmony Lake thrives on the work and compassion of its individuals. We do not work conventional careers or worry about getting rents paid. The only requirement to making our home yours is an ability to contribute to the community in whatever way you can, be it gardening, midwifing, cooking, etc. In return for their contributions, members receive free housing, food, and healthcare.

It's not all work at the Lake though, there are plenty of hobbies to enjoy and we hold various fun events and activities that our members get excited for. Spend an evening playing your favorite instrument or singing along with us by a fire, or take part in our morning yoga sessions. There's a shed full of books to share, bicycles for the trails, and every Saturday is movie night. When the kiddos are down for the night, adults commonly enjoy their share of mind altering plants and our very own brand of wine. That's not to mention the beautiful lake and our communities name sake just a hike away.

At Harmony Lake it's all for one and one for all. We encourage friendship and acceptance above all else and we share every aspect of our lives. We are a democracy based community meaning there is no leader and all decisions shall be made as a group, and we have no personal possessions; everything on the premises belongs to everyone on the premises. (We call it the "What's Yours is Mine" rule)

We strive to maintain our home as a rewarding and loving environment for all. We're a close-knit group who couldn't find where we belonged in conventional society so we found a place we fit in among each other. Harmony Lake is a place for free spirits, 'weirdos', hippies, old souls, nature lovers and much more. It's been dubbed The Happiest Home on Earth for a reason.

Interested?
We're always eager to talk to hopeful members, but do encourage that you put thought into your decision. Our way of life isn't for everyone, and we understand that. If accepted to join our community, you agree to cut meat out of your diet, share all of your possessions, work hard, respect the environment, and live primarily off the land. If any members are found by the group to be unfit we hold the right to revoke privileges and remove unsatisfactory members from our abode.

For more information or a tour, please email HarmonyHaven@jmail.net and we will get back to you as quickly as possible.

• Don't forget to scroll down the picture for information first!

So the basic idea is a group of free spirits or hippies or hairy Grateful Dead fans, whatever you want to call them, living at a commune in Virginia. If you don't know what a commune is and I didn't do a well enough job of explaining it, you should understand it pretty quickly from a google search. It will take place in modern times but be heavily 70's influenced in style and technology. The story will revolve around our group of young adults, some who grew up in Harmony Lake and others who joined later, and their struggles following the rules and finding themselves. The more drama and character development you bring the better.

Casual-Semi Detailed // 2-ish meaty paragraphs per post // Realistic character personalities and an ability to contribute to the story are a must.

Last edited:
Since on of my RPs just died prematurely, I'm down to join this! I'd probably play one of the children, or a child and an adult if 2 characters are an option. :) this seems super cool and unique,

Users who are viewing this thread

Back