• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

Fantasy Harmonia: The Story

Characters
Here
Lore
Here
Other
Here

There had been a long silence between mother and daughter as Ivantika headed back for their house. The still atmosphere only broke with the occasional jingle of keys when the heavy UPS truck went over a bump in the road. Inside, the vehicle was rather bland, adorned with a metallic casing and a few parcels that hadn't quite fit in the back. There were a few items that helped individualize the machine, such as JJ's crudely crafted picture of the DaDougy family drawn over a newsletter documenting a Fenikae tragedy or the high-tech mini-fridge that Alexys bought for her, set with fancy cup holders. Nai Jr.'s picture, however, perfectly depicted the scene they found themselves in; a drawing of the two sitting in the UPS truck with overtly large smiles on their stick-figure faces. Only, this time, neither of them was happy.

The driver's window was open, Ivantika's hand, with a lit cigarette in its grasp, lazily outside of it. She brought the smoke to her lips to take another drag, letting out a puff with a long-winded sigh. Despite being a mailwoman that delivered the news to everyone else, she was never good at taking it herself. She had been mulling over what to say for a while now, and it was only after hearing Nai Jr. speak under her breath that she decided on what stance to take. "So, uh, got anything to tell me, kiddo?" she asked, her voice coming off more thoughtless than intended. "That boy must've done something pretty bad to have been put in that sorry state."

Bunch of money-grubbing pigs, she thought to herself. Getting a hybrid child into a school was difficult, given their special circumstances. Most of the time, the faculty required some form of compensation to keep their palms greased and look the other way. What's the point of paying those bastards if they turn tail and run as soon as their feet are put under the fire. Now it was up to her to try and finesse some other shmuck into letting her poor baby girl get the education she deserved. Unluckily for Ivantika, she needed to snuff out this sort of behavior from Nai Jr. before it became a bigger problem. Namely for her wallet.

Her loving wife, Alexys, bless her heart, wasn't the type of parent to put her foot down when they did something wrong. This left Ivantika playing the role of the bad parent. It had gotten to the point where Nai Jr. stopped using the moniker of mom and reverted to addressing her by her given name. It hurt the overly worked woman greatly, honestly speaking, but as long as they were still willing to speak with her, she didn't have much room to complain. And so, with a steely resolve, Ivantika prepared her next set of words carefully. "I don't know what that kid did to you, but you know that violence is never the answer. You have to think before you act. You know this already."

Ivantika knew that if Feliks were in her shoes, he was likely to give his child the belt. She personally didn't have the heart, but she understood where he was coming from in his parental view. It took every power within her to restrain herself from yelling at Nai Jr. Instead, she once again took another hit of her cig. Damn, the start of a day couldn't be any worse than this.

Colorless Spectrum Colorless Spectrum

Fig Newton.png

1649029783699.pngThe chemist turned to give Stheno an approving smirk. From what it seemed, the woman had an idea of what Fig was trying to go at, but she didn't give away the joke. Fig liked that. She could appreciate and enjoy a good joke. The two of them were bound to get along well.

Fig wasn't the type to listen to the wishes of others, often carving a path through on his own. So Hrist's request for him to avoid jokes fell on deaf ears. In fact, when he realized that Hrist repeated the name of the fictitious disease, Fig's heartrate quickened and he felt a jolt of excitement. This was his opportunity to pounce!

"My gosh, of course there's a thing such as salla-vaytovre!" Fig declared, "Salla-vaytovre (salivate over) these nuts!"

At the climax of Fig's joke, the sound of tires rolling over pavement regaled the arrival of another person. Thank goodness for that. Hrist's off-hand question wasn't one that he wanted to answer. 'I'm assuming this is your first time here.' No, in fact, it wasn't his first here. He was a Thyrean native. But he couldn't just say that aloud.

Fig looked up at the figure in the car. He had long black curls of hair that cascaded down to his shoulders, crimson eyes, and an exceeding fair complexion. The man reminded Fig of a vampire in a cool way. With his arrival, Hrist decided it was time to set off, which was a shame, as he had been hoping to enjoy some alcohol before heading off. Oh well. He could do little more than follow Hrist and unwrap his bandages, littering them on the ground, revealing a clean heal where his tracker was implanted.

But the words of... Ethanol was it? Her words sparked a flicker of hope in Fig. Perhaps there would be time for some drinking later on. In anticipation of it, Fig confidently patted the luggage case that held his alcohol. "Then I'll be taking this along with me."

Fig also took the opportunity to grab a few chemicals from the shelves, going with a better to be safe than sorry approach. He hadn't had an opportunity to fix a Titan-- few would, Fig bet-- and he wasn't sure what sort of damage King Alreus had done to the machine during their battle. So he was going to have to bring any potential chemicals needed.

As Fig rummaged through the chemical fridge located in the room, he decided to make conversation with the other members of the room.

"So, Stheno, you like deez nuts jokes?" Fig flirted with the snake-tailed woman, "How about tonight I show you a different kind of..."

Fig caught himself at the last moment. It was a bit too early to make such advances, especially since they were going to be professional partners for the next few days, maybe even next few weeks. Perhaps he would attempt something a bit more casual.

"Sorry, a bit too early for that thing," Fig said, "How about instead we crack open a drink on the way over to the Titan Bunker? We could get to know each other better."

"Same for you two," Fig said, pointing towards Dante and Ethanol, "There's nothing like a good drink to get to know each other. Dante, along the ride, I'd also like to hear your opinion on a few chemistry related things. Also," the mischievous chemist gave a flick to a lock of Dante's dark mane, "Love the hair."

Fig had heard of Dante Solaris, the chemist that studied under Niah, although evidently, Fig didn't know much about Dante's surname. He had always wanted to trade a few ideas with Niah, although the difference in social standings the two of them had made that very difficult, even with his dear friend Yogurt's (Yzola) help. Talking to her protege would likely prove useful in the long run.

Ineptitude Ineptitude SpookyBones SpookyBones Colorless Spectrum Colorless Spectrum
I make no apologies.

Last edited:

• AKET'SHAHTI

Orpheus nodded. Many other tribes and nomads have suspected as much— the last war had been so long ago, barely something Orpheus even remembered, but the scars on the land still remained. "Don't we all wish for it, to be free of the conflict of lands that have nothing to do with us?" Some of them may be exiles, or outcasts, from either side but at the end of the day, the responsibility of the war had been taken off of their shoulders. So why should they be the ones who would bear the most repercussions for it?

A gentle smile came to his face as he nodded. "Just water is fine. I do have something to ask of you, in terms of trade." As he said this, it was glaringly obvious that Orpheus didn't have anything on himself or his mount, unlike the usual times when he had come over to trade Egnarion parts for food and supplies. Nevertheless, he seemed resolute and his eyes shone with something akin to excitement.

Astrid Boberac "The Desert Snake"
Interactions - Colorless Spectrum Colorless Spectrum
Mentions - AI10100 AI10100 Arcanist Arcanist

Inventory:
Poisoned throwing knives x5 (-1)
Anti-venom x3

Magic State:
Weakened
Magic always put Astrid into a malaise. A pulsing headache rippled down her spine, enough to bring her metallic hand to her face from the pain. Her fleshy hand trembled from fatigue, but that hardly mattered when she could rely on her steel one instead. The sound of the nail guns cycling and the pistol fire from their adversaries, however, brought a smile to Astrid lips. She could hear the exasperated stumbling of Veele's assailant. Astrid knew the young Hyrbid was not alone, with two of her lackeys awaiting in the bushes with scrapped together projectiles. When the man was left dizzied by Veele's dance, one of these very men took the opportunity to fire a poisoned blow dart directed right towards Julian's thigh.

Vesper was even further from a worry, despite the fact that her feline friend was on her own. If there was anyone more capable than Astrid herself, it was Vesper. The Desert Snake hardly found the time to spare any worry, as her predicament began to erupt exponentially.
Arcanist Arcanist

Turret fire lit up the ground underneath those that took cover with Astrid. The deafening noise paralyzed the lesser experienced men around Astrid, but this only lit a fire underneath the Desert Snake's heart. She curled a throwing knife firmly into her hands, growling at the rising tension. When one of her men nearby let out a scared cry, she was quick to reprimand the behavior, slamming her prosthetic arm into his shoulder.

"What are you bozos squeamish about!? They're only bullets, now give me a little covering fire before our cover turns to dirt!"

Two of the men nodded reluctantly, biting their tongues as they sheepishly flashed themselves from the cover and fired in the direction of the turret. The nails ricocheted off the truck and the gun, but it was hardly Astrid's point for one of her men to land a deciding blow. She would leave the honors for herself. With the man operating the turret hopefully distracted, Astrid subtly poked from out of their crumbling cover, sighing as she readied a throwing knife.

Astrid detested that she would have to spill blood when she had so coyishly asked Vesper not to; the turret, however, was about to pop a nerve.

With elegance and precision, she took aim at the gunner's neck that was exposed behind the gun, drilling her throwing knife with a pure intent to kill. However, just as the knife left her hands, she noticed an odd contraption enter their battle's fret. It took Astrid a moment to realize, but her eyes firmly laid on what was clearly a flash bomb.

"Shit! It's a god damn flash!" She could only bellow as she scrambled to cover her eyes.

Most of her men, unfortunately, lacked the reflexes.

Astrid's bandits:
OLLIE MOZIER AI10100 AI10100
VEELE Colorless Spectrum Colorless Spectrum
VESPER Arcanist Arcanist

9 X Other members, ranging from hybrids, to criminals from Ohr and Sierra. Most of Astrid's squad is underfed and while eager, are not the most experienced fighters.

Jiana-modified.png
Jiana Nazyalensky

Interactions: AI10100 AI10100 Colorless Spectrum Colorless Spectrum LazyDaze LazyDaze

Jiana had always believed that to be a leader was to be brilliant on behalf of the people – to make the right choices, whatever they may be, to ensure the longevity and prosperity of her country. However, after coming into power she quickly learned that this was hardly the case. Instead, all she had really been doing was serving the whims of the people simply to keep them happy. It was frustrating and often felt like a futile endeavor, but Tytaniah for all her insanity was right. If they were about head into war with Orh, they could not risk an uprising. No point in being a general if she did not have an army to lead.

The young general turned her gaze to the large windows that overlooked the bustling city below. Violent, hopeless, unappeasable in its constant need. That was how she would describe Sierra. It was her first love, an infatuation that had begun in her lonely childhood and that had only deepened with age. Whatever it demanded, she knew she would give for she was its champion - the forever soldier, eternally at war, unable to lay down her arms and heal.

"Very well. I will respect the council's choice." Sometimes lies were more dependable than the truth. "If war is the path we will take then I would like to propose the following." Turning back to the table, Jiana steepled her fingers and pressed them to her lips in careful thought. "Have a fleet of our submarines chart a course for the Orhian Coast. They shall lie beneath the waters in wait until the Orhian army departs for Thyrea as they are sure to do." Jiana did not elaborate further on this point. There was no need to for her intentions were crystal clear. "Of course, we will need to ensure that our people are taken care of before everything else. I will be reviewing Sierra defenses prior to my own departure for Thyrea. It would also be good to check that our food stores are adequately stocked to tide the people over the coming months. Wilhelmina should take the lead on this for you have the strongest grasp on our country's agriculture status. It may also be wise to begin rationing supplies out of prudence."

"Lastly, a request that each state sends a portion of their troops to Aristide to train alongside my soldiers. Presenting a strong united front on the battlefield will only serve to our benefit."
Glancing over at Yzola, she cleared her throat and picked her next words carefully.
"I understand Porahn is still recovering from the aftermath of the last war and resources are limited, but I do believe it would serve all of us well if Porahn were to send a contingent of hybrids to support the frontlines. I promise that they will be thoroughly trained to ensure that they are prepared for any circumstances. My second-in-command, Lieutenant Stryde, will personally see to it."

Last edited:
Yzola's appetite lessoned with each passing word uttered by his colleagues. Slowly, his eyes drifted toward his feet while he folded his arms during their conversations. Everything around him seemed to fade to black as he sunk further and further out of his depth. There was no doubt that out of the leaders present he had the least to offer currently as it was his goal to avoid the risk of another attack on his nation and that feeling of inadequacy bubbled up violently. Time ticked and it seemed as if their words became a blurred murmur that he could somehow understand as if it were a strange dream sequence. Yzola hadn't noticed he had closed his eyes; he hadn't noticed his frustrations were breaching through the surface. Sometime after Jiana's last suggestion, the subtle cracking sound of the wine bottle he was holding pulled him from his inner storm. It was still salvageable although the contents started to leak down his hands. (FUUUUUCCKKKKKK) He gazed upon the liquid for a moment, admiring its newfound freedom while understanding that majority of the liquid was still entrapped in the bottle. The dark colored liquid seeped through the cracks languidly and trickled down Yzola's knuckles unabated. (MESSY, SLOPPY, COLD, AND WET....I probably just started a civil war...ewww its starting to drip into the food, now I'm REALLY not eating it.) He had nothing to really offer in regards to his opinion as it seemed as if everything had been finalized before they had even met making him which made him feel as if the meeting was all for show. Of course, Yzola decided to keep this opinion to himself as it would be ill suited to ruffle feathers anymore than he already had. Furthermore, despite his pessimism and disappointment, deep down Yzola knew this was probably the best result he could hope for. He lifted his head to meet Jiana's eyes and then nodded after a momentary pause. (Definitely bestie material that Jiana but..........she's probably ready to cut ties with this useless giant any moment.......so useless...........) He then turned to the sadist and the hag. "...There's a merciless grudge that needs to be resolved. I am the Apex. I'll personally spearhead the hybrid unit and frontlines," Yzola said sternly. (..I...I won't die right? Shit I'm already regretting this)

Of course the thought of diving head first into battle terrified Yzola. Perhaps it was the instinct of self preservation that his brother lacked. A trait, or lack thereof, that most would call cowardly. Nevertheless, it was because he was a coward that he had to lead brave through hell. It was the least he could do after failing them here.

Saturn_moon Saturn_moon AI10100 AI10100 Colorless Spectrum Colorless Spectrum

Luciani Medesicas

Lume’s eyes flickered to a dancing mote of light—a speck of dust turned miniature star for a few moments before it fell beyond the domain of the grand arch windows—before landing on the Head of House Lessana. If there was any leader seated at the council table that Lume could state she admired without hesitation, it was Raylin Eisner. It was not solely due to the fact that her mother lived under her leadership, nor the fact that Amier mages often had unfortunate limb-detonating incidents which required immediate medical care (though that made a large portion of it), but also how she presented her beliefs in the council hall and her attitude towards the people. Healers saved lives that would otherwise be extinguished and were instrumental to the battlefield, yet their studies often took them down a path away from self-protection. Her heart lifted the slightest at the thought that perhaps they would not be so vulnerable when the millennia-long war inevitably began anew.

At her uncle’s declaration, she nodded solemnly. “I shall.”

She noticed that he seemed to have another lecture stuck in his throat, but in a blink, he had moved himself back into his original posture. She idly wondered what it was: an addendum, an anecdote, or—she discreetly glanced at the impetuous leader of House Kairo—a rebuke? Alas, she would have to settle with the knowledge that it was another unanswered “what if”.

She was quite good at those, she thought. There had been so many “what if”s over the years, revolving like planets around the sun that was her feeble mind. The answer circled around her, teasing her with its possibility, yet refusing to come closer. Every time she glimpsed currants drooping from roadside bushes, passed by that particular library alcove or imagined she heard a ghostly “Luz” echoing down the halls, more appeared like cosmic dust after a supernova—it was a little pathetic to reflect back on. But the person who would straightforwardly tell her so was no longer there; Lume only clung onto a specter of her form.

Since there had been so many “what if”s in her life, the obvious conclusion was that the Head of House Amier was used to reconciling with the forever unknown. She must be. She should be. She wanted to be. It was a pity that the obvious conclusion was not always the conclusion that events ended to.

It was on that light mental note that she was brought back into the conversation. Lord Cedric was accurate and direct in his reprimand, but she imagined it chafed a bit against the premier fire mage’s pride. While she had completely valid fears of Sierran Juggernauts and Titans, it was clear that Orh did not lose out in unpleasant weaponry as she noted the mention of “Curse Traps”. She was uncertain of their use, but the name forewarned their future viciousness.

When the Matriarch of the Order allowed notice of a “special operation”, Lume was curious, but if that was all that could be said in higher company, it was not likely in her authority to know. If the Queen decided that the council members were not to be informed specifics, she would believe that it was a choice made for a sound reason.

The leader of House Shantor’s interruption was a plea for a mainly defensive approach to the war, and Lume approved of the idea—she was not a fan of sending mages into suicide missions into Sierran territory. The only issue was the initiative landing on the other side. Sierra had the ability to test their machine creations against their defenses, adjust their forces until they found a way to crack them, whereas whatever they pitted against the Orh occupation would be on their prerogative. She was not sure if she was worried for nothing though; it was impossible that Orh would be entirely on the defensive due to the other house leaders at attendance. At the very least, the Kairo Head would be against it.

The moment Her Majesty touched that same Kairo leader’s head, Lume winced and turned away the slightest. Her fingers wrung together anxiously; internal strife was horribly uncomfortable for the ones around it and it did not bode well for the war. It was a precedent made, but not one that necessitated her to see. At the Queen’s comment on her own actions, she jumped a bit before releasing a breath. It was no admonition, not that she should have been expecting such. “Thank you, Your Majesty.”

Interactions

Mentions

Liridon Alvis

Liridon examined the sword upon receiving it. He took his pen to the metal in an effort to inscribe it. The magic pen proved incapable of writing on the steel, while the painful tingle of the drain hit his fingertips. The feeling woke him up completely. "Well, then..." he started, eyeing the items dubiously. "My partner here is correct. Proximity tests may reveal more than common sabotage, possibly a cache of iridinite someone smuggled with the shipment during transit. We are very particular with the configuration of maker's marks to make it difficult for counterfeits to make it past the trained eye."

He could see there was great concern the villagers would be exiled. After setting aside the sword, he approached Pyerr and patted his shoulder. "Trust us; our heads should be on the chopping block, as the makers of these wares." Lir didn't realize until a second later that he wasn't exactly helping. He squinched his eyes shut and swore under his breath. "What I'm trying to say is that we will help. You have our discretion."

To put his own mind at ease, Lir disassembled several swords carefully to look at the maker's marks. He held up a protractor to check. On their joint projects, Lir always placed his own mark 60 degrees counterclockwise from Zac's, with the axis and distance being relative to the center of the latter's mark. These and other discreet symbols such as series-unique letter or number codes made it difficult to reliably duplicate their work in a timely manner.

Xanto Xanto . D O V E . D O V E

Last edited:

LILA DILAGO
2NKJ2v8.png

SCRAPTEK's finest.

A bright sky, good company, and only slight malnutrition. My, how the gods had shone another beautiful day upon Thyrea.

On this stunning eve, a particularly peculiar bunch motioned northward in an equally peculiar fashion. Worn down neon letters spelt SCRAPTEK on the side of their trusty steed as it rode forth over familiar terrain. The iron Magnum Opus—lovingly called “Bug” by its creator—counted three somewhat reliably connected carts, slithering forth into the light of day like a train without a track. Final destination: sustenance and prosperity.

Despite housing only 6 (human) inhabitants, SCRAPTEK managed to boom with life nearly every day, boasting its chaotic vitality in displays of grinding metal and mismatched song choices. The morbid Thyrean aura stood no chance against their bold calls. No, nothing could wear them down.

Unless...

“Ready your weapons and get to your battle stations as we all know that Canici loves that place and terrorizes us people.” The front cart made its point of resistance. Okay, the great beasts were somewhat of a threat, but other than that—

In the back cart, the churning of a certain bodyguard’s empty stomach echoed through the room. His body cramped visibly while he made its way to the ladder on the outside of the cart. Sure, perhaps the lack of food was alarming, but—

“Great, mighty, benevolent Gods, please save me from this complete lunatic.” A raspy, higher-pitched masculine voice theatrically begged in desperation, the shudders of the middle cart displacing some of the already trembling tones. Coop, the voice’s owner, wielded a blatantly reluctant expression, though his features blurred beneath the dark cover of a makeshift protective mask. With two surprisingly steady hands, he held two clamps in place as though his life depended on them.

Relax. Just keep it nice and steady and we’ll be done in a sec.” An incongruently loud but calm voice boomed as Lila DiLago, resident engineer of the SCRAPTEK crew, spoke up. Her electric eyes seemed disproportionately large through the lens behind which she was situated, exposing the minute movements of her pupils as they skipped about. The middle cart’s turret had seen better days, and its repairs were long overdue. So, what better timing to issue a ‘quick fix’ mere moments before they likely had to power it up.

While tinkering away, Lila’s hands seemed to naturally swim through the heaps of trash that surrounded her. Every few seconds, her hands dove into the waves, fishing out a nice catch of a tool before throwing it back to swim freely once again. Her work efficiency was flawless. Her work ethic, however, most certainly not.

In one solid flick of the wrist, the wheeled platform on which the turret sat spun around, the metal deathbox’s barrels now looking directly at Coop. The poor assistant immediately dodged to the right, intuition and the memories of prior experiences guiding his movement. Halting for a second, Lila watched as Coop’s body remained at an almost 90-degree angle. A sly smile crept up on her face.

“What?” He scorned.

“Nothing. Nice pose, though.” She smothered away a laugh before going back to work.

Coop scoffed, begrudgingly shifting his upper body up into a humble 20-degree tilt.

“Wouldn’t be the first time you shot me.”

“shot past you, thank you very much.”

“My leg would disagree, thank YOU very much.”
The intervals between the sentences slimmed every time as though the two were racing for the final word. Lila, a true paragon of maturity, decided to let him win the round, certainly not because she was preoccupied.

“Don’t worry, oh brave prince.” She turned the platform again before retreating from her hunched position to admire the repair job. “We’re all set.”

“Besides,”
Lila jumped from her chair to crouch down on the side of the turret. “This baby isn’t loaded yet, right? So even if I wanted to,”

Before the sentence finished, the engineer had already flicked off the safety switch, expecting the turret to fire a couple of blanks. Coop’s eyes foresaw a completely different future. He tried to shout, but time wasn’t on his side. All that left his mouth was but one word, accurate but helpless:

“Sh*t.”

The turret hummed loudly as its heart warmed with energy, metal veins transporting energy to the barrel at alarming speed. Before the two could even fully duck into cover, hell broke loose. Loud clunks added a bass like no other to the lively background song, introducing a plethora of bolts, nails and other scrap that now wildly ricocheted through the Middle Cart. The impact of the blasts pushed the wheeled platform around, causing the Turret to aimlessly skate through the room. An arched line of small dents and holes formed on the Cart’s walls.

“TURN IT OFF.” Coop shouted, crawling behind the counter to avoid fire.

“I’M TRYING.” Lila contested, also crawling rapidly, though her destination was elsewhere. In one heroic pounce, she managed to place herself atop the platform alongside the turret, awkwardly hanging over while also trying to avoid getting hit in the face. Scooting back and forth, the youthful Thyrean latched on like a leech, finally managing to deactivate the unhinged ally with a lucky flick of the switch. Peace came back to the Middle Cart. For what it’s worth, the damage was barely visible within the roaring mess that lathered the room.

“So it was loaded.” The defeated engineer caught her breath, still dangling down over the turret.

“YES!” Coop’s head appeared from behind the counter. “And I could’ve told you that if you weren’t so damn—” Coop froze suddenly, now standing idle in the middle of the cart.

“Go on then, finish the blow.”

“Your leg is bleeding.”

“What?”
Lila decided that maybe this was a good time to get up, rather nonchalantly inspecting her legs as she did so. Yes, one of them was definitely colouring a bit red from what seemed to be several cuts. “Well, guess we’re even now, huh?” Adrenaline still seemed to hold back the pain.

Moments later, the Back Cart’s door swung open ferociously.

“BEAU!” Coop shouted, visibly dishevelled from the tragedy that occurred moments before.

“You have a moment to put those magic hands to work? Lila's hurt, again.
He eased his voice’s loudness to a more suitable level for the arguably most civil cart among the three.

(CARAGANG REPRESENT | interactions): ShadyLady ShadyLady Colorless Spectrum Colorless Spectrum

• The Great Tower
    As Tytianah supported her claims and offered her own thoughts about this alleged peace talk, Sercine gave her a tight smile and a nod. No matter which angle you looked at, any interaction with Orhians that wasn't pointing a gun to their face and shooting it or something along those lines wasn't going to sit well with them. It was the unfortunate truth of the matter.

The tides of the general's thoughts seemed to have shifted with this reasoning and she relented her views, moving on to war plans as if she had been intending to do it from the very start. This was the strong point of Aristide— an army of well-trained soldiers and a bright strategic mind to lead them. If Jianna could prove herself during the first pushes of the war, it was almost assured that her supporters would only increase. Sercine listened intently to the general's proposed plan, occasionally writing something down in her small notebook.

"As far as I'm aware, the submarines have only reached halfway through Thyrea before they had turned back during recoinessance missions. It should be an easy task for them to reach the Orhian coast undetected." It aligned with the reports that had been sent to the leaders regarding the progress of the submarines. "As for the troops, I will send a memorandum seeking our best divisions to join the frontlines alongside your army. They will put aside their differences against a common threat." Cornelius was never known for its cohesiveness— but the war should keep them tolerable for long enough.

She turned to Yzola, a flash of worry appearing in her eyes and was gone as fast as it had come. "I'd advise both you and the general to be careful in the frontlines. Being a martyr may be good for your legacy, but it would not be wise to destabilize the cities due to the deaths of their leaders." And what a common occurrence it had been once before. The chain of command being broken due to a misfire, an unfortunate incident, a brutal fight— while they were replaced at some point, it made for terrible progression. "We will provide as much support as we can and will continue to create and dispense weaponry as fast as we are able. If resources are a problem, I will see what I can do to procure adequate aid."

VESPER
Interactions: Colorless Spectrum Colorless Spectrum (Lou) | Mentions: Castello Castello (Astrid), AI10100 AI10100 (Ollie)

vesper headshot.png
The panic in the soldiers’ eyes was promising. It was an attack they were not expecting, but it would take more than an ambush to take everyone down. That much was true with Tres when she had previously been grappling him, and the other soldiers at least were kept distracted by Veele’s ring-around-the-rosies tactic.

Vesper almost squirmed at the echo of bullets bouncing off the earthen wall, her sensitive hearing still unusual to her even after her time as a hybrid. Though, bullets were the least of her problems once the flash bomb hit. She was lucky enough to at least be in earshot of the warning, barely covering her eyes when she caught instances of the flash behind the crook of her arm.

Most of the other bandits were not so lucky. Her ears flicked at the sound of men yelling and crying at the impact. The ringing echoed around Vesper, and she had to take a moment to recuperate and think of her next move. The turret. It was a problem, and it would continue to be if people didn’t move out of its way quickly enough.

With a huff of breath, Vesper advanced forward toward Lou on the turret. With any luck, she’d catch him off-guard while the other soldiers were busy with Astrid and the bandits on the ground. Reaching to the short katana, Umbra, behind her back, she unsheathed it, poising it to slash at him in the hopes he would temporarily abandon the turret to defend himself against the incoming threat. She was sure many in her position worried of getting shot or injured in the process, but she put those fears behind her long ago. As a soldier, you had to, even if your basic instincts told you to fear the unknown, to be afraid.

Though, Vesper no longer counted as a soldier. Only as a rapscallion with a bit of luck and help from the Egnarion she merged with.

Stheno Murinus
Interaction: Coyote Hart Coyote Hart | Colorless Spectrum Colorless Spectrum | SpookyBones SpookyBones

Eunectes.full.3496507.jpg
Stheno's eyes glittered at the veritable treasure trove of equipment laid out in front of her. Her head swiveled to and fro, unable to keep her gaze locked on to a single point for very long before something else caught her attention. Her hands ached with the need to smuggle them all back home. A lot of the tools here were the kind that she could only dream of having around at her own workshop.

Oh wow, oh wow.

She felt giddy, almost, and only barely caught on to the tail end of Fig's offer.

"Hm? Oh, oh no, I'm a terrible drunk." Stheno waved a dismissive hand, looking appropriately sheepish. "I wouldn't trust me with anything important after I've had a drink or two."

A bit of an understatement, to be honest, but nothing that the other needed to know the details of.

But even so...

"I could go for one after we're done, though." She said instead, making a mental checklist of what she thought she'd need that she didn't already have.

Just this and that, then, she mourned.

Philomena Nevarro, Inspector-Major of Precinct 13.

It had been quite some time since Philomena got into a high speed chase such as this. She was rather enjoying herself, speeding deftly with her moon wheel through the chaos of the streets as if the vehicle was an extension of herself. She leaned back in her seat, yanking on the gear shift and forcing the vehicle into a tight turn. It leaned to a worrying angle as the officer took the reckless turn but Philomena wasn't in the slightest worried. She was more focused on catching up with this roadrunner fellow, anyways. As one of the fastest moving operators in catching the criminal she needed to try and lock him down so that reinforcements could come and back her up. Quite the ground she was making as well. It didn't take her long before she was right behind the miscreant.

The officer flicked a switch above her and grabbed a voice amplification device out of its box compartment above her. Holding the device in one hand and the wheel of the vehicle in the other. The vehicle wobbled slightly as she yelled out to the criminal. "HEY UH, ROADRUNNER. THIS IS THE PART OF THE CHASE WHERE I TELL YOU TO STOP FLEEING THE LAW AND OFFER YOU A REDUCED SENTENCE AND STUFF, BUT TO BE HONEST, I'M HAVING LIKE, A LOT OF FUN. SO KEEP RUNNING." Philomena yanked the wheel to the left as yet another evasive maneuver was employed by roadrunner. "I'M GOING TO REQUEST AUTHORIZATION TO OPEN FIRE NOW, SO KEEP THIS UP UNTIL THEN, YEAH? IT'S ALWAYS MORE FUN WITH A MOVING TARGET." It was mostly an intimidation tactic, there was no way she gets authorized to use excessive force for a chase like this in such a crowded area, but she wasn't lying about it being more fun.

By now she was just besides the criminal. She quickly stowed the amplification device and upholstered her gun with her free hand. She flicked on her radio with a free finger then cocked the gun with her mouth. "Dispatch this is 221. We've got a 10-80, suspect known as roadrunner appears to be unarmed, permission to engage?" Philomena grinned at the suspect just ahead of her, gun in hand. She hoped the threat would be enough to convince him to stop wreaking havoc, but if not, oh well. It would be more fun that way anyways.
AI10100 AI10100

Azhin Farrenhal
Tag: Colorless Spectrum Colorless Spectrum

Azhin Farrenhal likened optimism in Thyrea to Halfborns in Orh - out of place and quick to extinguish. She stood still as she alternated her gaze between Aina's bright smile and offered hand. The noblewoman's enthusiasm made the exorcist feel like she had just opened her eyes to direct sunlight after a long slumber. An awkward silence bore between them before Azhin ultimately ignored Aina's approach, opting to hop onto the Egnarion by herself. A brooding aura enveloped the exorcist as she took the seat beside her new partner, traces of magic emitting from the chains peeking out of her cloak and the bracelet wrapped around her right wrist.

"Azhin Farrenhal. Greetings to all." The elite member of the Order shortly introduced herself. Partaking in pleasantries would be unnecessary for their circumstances. The two of them were already made aware of each other's identities and backgrounds. As far as Azhin was concerned, Aina Yleora was the altruistic princess of Orh who happened to be a part of the clergy just like her. They never interacted before, and she never once wished that they would. In fact, the last thing she needed right now was to get involved with the future Queen of Orh. The burden of babysitting and safeguarding the lovesick woman felt like another heavy piece of luggage on her shoulders. Alas, the Creators seemed to have other plans. Azhin could only pray that she wouldn't be stuck with Aina until the latter wed the Crown Prince. "Strange. Why did you accept the mission? You don't belong here, princess." Azhin said bluntly, her tone completely flat as though she was spouting a fact straight out of the Origins Account.

After all, Azhin needed a new partner for a reason. Altyr, her late companion, could vouch for just how dangerous purging Thyrea was after he had been ruthlessly mangled by a local beast. To be perfectly honest, Azhin couldn't comprehend the Matriarch's line of thinking when she sent her a message about his replacement. She, out of all people, should have known better than letting one of the most significant Orhian figures walk into a literal death field. Nevertheless, Azhin trusted Matriarch Mivrix's decision. After all, she was the one who brought her to the world. Her mother had always taught her that every choice should have a well-founded reason behind it.

The Shantorian pointed northwards, addressing Yuann this time. "Please drop us at Xogora. I reckon the princess should take her rest before proceeding with the mission." It wasn't a lie per se but it wasn't the whole truth either. The fact of the matter was that Azhin was hoping Aina would change her mind once they land on Xogora and she was introduced to the dangers of Thyrea.

LUDIS VILLAGE
Xanto Xanto Goonfire Goonfire

The promise of aid brought a wave of relief to the desperate elder as he raised his head and shot both craftsmen a misty look of gratitude. It seemed like the townsfolk of Ludis truly had nobody else to turn to when their circumstance brought even an aged magister to tears. Who could blame though? Many mages regarded being sent to the plague-stricken Thyrea as a fate worse than death. To be stripped of all honor and heritage before being tossed to barbarians and beasts was what composed the nightmares of mages. To make the matters worse, rumors have it that mages who die in No Man's Land would remain in the mortal realm as ghosts, their spirits never returning to the Creators to be remade ever again. The faithfuls looked at it as the greatest punishment for any Chosen.

"May the gods bless your kind hearts!" Elder Pyerr ran a hand down the sides of his cheek, wiping off subtle trails of tears that he failed to suppress. Nonetheless, the expression on his face lightened up once Liridon and Zaccai began pinpointing the possible root cause of the magic's decay. It greatly moved him that the two gentlemen didn't only seem competent but also wholeheartedly willing to walk them through the conundrum.

Tiberius, on the other hand, didn't seem to share the sentiment. The bulky bartender shook his head and alternated his gaze between Liridon and Zaccai. "I think it's too early to be hailing these two gentlemen as heroes, pops." He then slightly rose his brow upon realizing that the two men probably didn't understand the odd slang. "It means an elder man. It's something we picked up from the youngins. Rolls nicely off the tongue, don't ya think?"

He cleared his throat before redirecting the conversation to the main focus. "To be honest, the whole village was very much deep in denial until recently. Nobody had the guts to say something about their waning magic, much less investigate the phenomena, so I'm afraid we don't have a lot of information to offer." Even Tiberius, a man rumored to have fought off an A-class Engarion with his bare hands, had been in denial until recently. "I'm not sure if the both of you have sensed it, but the decay is stronger the deeper we are underground. Now that I think about it...," he glanced at Liridon, "...Perhaps the involvement of iridinite may not be so far-fetched. Smart thinking, sir."

"Iridinite..."
The old man trailed off, working the gears inside his head. "Do you mean... the blight of the Sierran devils?" All colors seemed to have been seeped off the elder's face as his shoulders stiffened. Almost everyone in Orh knew of the wicked material that their enemies across the ocean actively employed. It had been the cause of many Orhian deaths, including Pyerr's wife who had been a casualty when the damned Sierrans invaded their land.

Tiberius nodded his head, cupping his chin thoughtfully after. "The presence of iridinite would explain everything, but I can only think of one way to prove its existence." It was a dangerous plan, especially for mages such as them, but it was the only course that could thoroughly solve the mystery and save Ludis. "We'll need to locate them."

Even with the anonymous interference, both Elder Pyerr and Tiberius could still sense strong magical auras radiating from Liridon and Zaccai. Especially after the latter of the two demonstrated an apparently malfunctioning blast that managed to burn a crate.

The journey from Wilhelmina to Fort Hildegard had not been an unpleasant one, though hardly luxurious nor comfortable. Dante did not relish in any form of travel, much preferring to stay situated in the same area at long lengths. Niah had declared it her wish for him to venture on this expedition however, lest he disappoint her - he graciously accepted the honour. The only thing currently quelling his discomfort was the prospect of new experimentation and research once they reached the Bunker.

As he stepped out of the vehicle with his luggage, Dante courteously lowered his head toward Hrist, “Miss Ataegina, I trust you are well. Not to worry, I have been properly informed.” He flashed a polite smile in her direction, listening attentively as she continued. As he observed the camera located in the ceiling he grimaced slightly, letting a small wave of nausea pass over him - slowly becoming convinced that he was not supposed to be here, in fact that he was not qualified for this sort of venture at all. He simply tried to pass the thought off as ridiculous and an insult to himself.

Ethamira warned them of the Bunker’s lack of equipment and decided to reach for some of the flasks upon the shelves and stuff them away, choosing to discern their contents later. He had of course come equipped with all his usuals: a dagger, a revolver, multiple vials generously filled with adrenaline, and his gask mask - which in spite of his scatterbrain - he had in fact remembered, though he routinely checked as such throughout the journey.

After meeting with Ethamira - whose disposition he fondly noted was much less serious than Hrist, Dante allowed himself to relax slightly and observe the other members he’d been stationed with. The boy he assumed to be Mr Newton, appeared to be exceedingly younger than what Dante considered fit to be enlisted here. Not that he believed intelligence was remotely related to age, rather that he should be off studying somewhere and returning home in time for bed. At his remark for drinking together, Dante reconsidered his prior assumption - perhaps he merely had a severe case of baby-face. He stilled entirely when the young man touched his hair, before collecting himself with a brief cough. “Of course, I would be happy to indulge you regarding both matters.” As for the other member, Stheno, she appeared rather respectable with an air of quiet confidence. He directed himself toward her, “After our work is done then, you must join us if only for one.” He would have offered a round on him, though he feared it had the capacity to insult everyone in the room.

• THE GREAT TOWER AGAIN
    Tytaniah smiled at Jiana and said, "You don't have to worry much about that, sweetie. I have it all planned out already, including the ones for Thyrea and the food supply to help with Porahn." Her eyes swiftly moved over to Yzola, her hand waving at him along with a small chuckle coming from her lips. While her expressions and actions were sweet to the sight, it's not always what it seems with the Duchess.

"There aren't many troops that Wilhelmina can provide but I will send my best people over to Thyrea, especially the ones that can help further develop our weapons of war. I also sent my protégé to Thyrea to help with Sercine's prized machine-" Niah stopped, watching the liquor pour out from the Hybrid's hands. She raised a brow towards the man but remained silent despite seeing how the wine was wasted.

The Duchess remained watching Yzola with curious eyes before suddenly speaking with a merry tone. "Exactly what dear Sercine said! Now, I think everything that needs to be discussed is all done and we can go back to our respective States and do what we do best." She clapped as she got up from her seat and already walking towards the door. "You all can bring home the wine and the food if you wish, and Yzola, honey, try not to pressure yourself too much you seem stressed." She gave a worried look to the hybrid before switching expressions in an instant as she called for her boys. "You guys can bring home the food and beverages if you so wish, toodle-oo!" Two men came and escorted the woman out of the room, leaving behind the leftover treats and wine bottles that were never touched.

The clinking of armor could be heard and a familiar face to Jiana was seen entering the room. "The Duchess said that the meeting was over." Said the man whose gaze held awareness and sternness of a commanding officer. "General, will the Apex be coming with us?"

ON THE ROAD TO FENIKAE PROPER STILL

Naysayer looked pointedly at Ivantika, she merely stayed in silence rather than answering the woman's question and moved her head to the opposite side, watching the vehicles pass by. At the mention of what had happened, Nai Jr. couldn't help but grit her teeth and grind it against each other in frustration. If her friends hadn't stopped she might have just done more damage but he totally deserved it all for being a huge jack-ass.

It was evident that Nai Jr. was still heavily upset by what happened with her ears pushed back since she was not wearing the headband that usually hid the long mammalian ears. "Tsk. Somebody had to teach him a lesson for him to stop, those grubby bastard excuse of a faculty won't listen to me and let's Reever do as he pleases. My friends and I are not his personal toys in school that he can just bully as he pleases." She said furiously, not being able to keep the anger in her unlike what she had planned in the very beginning.

The car stopped due to unexpected traffic. "Can you stop smoking?" Nai Jr. said in annoyance at the whiff of the puff of smoke that her mother had released. She was never a fan of the lung killer stick of nicotine, especially when Ivantika became a more frequent user since her promotion. The hybrid looked over to the other side, wanting to open a window when she made eye contact with the police. She quickly pulled up her hoodie and looked over at her companion. "A police is making his way here."

Knock. Knock. "Excuse me, missus, but as you can see there is traffic here right now. A blockade has been set up because there's a criminal running loose. You might be stuck here for a while." He said to Ivantika, taking a quick glance at Naysayer and wondering why the kid was trying to hide her face. "Your kid alright, ma'am?"

"I'm fine." Nai Jr said with gritted teeth, "I just need to go to the ladies' room." She continued before asking the man to move as she opened the door and made her way to the restaurant just a three-minute walk from where they were. If Ivantika had called out to her, it fell on deaf ears as Nai Jr. was not excited in continuing their conversation in the truck.

Jiana-modified.png
Jiana Nazyalensky

Interactions: AI10100 AI10100 Colorless Spectrum Colorless Spectrum LazyDaze LazyDaze

Jiana forced herself to return the white-haired woman's smile, teeth firmly gritted. Did Fenikae's leader really just call her sweetie? It was as if Jiana had not spent years training daily in harsh climates, fighting off egnarions, and organizing a coup to earn the title she held today. Still, she knew better than to argue on a matter so trivial and bit her tongue. When Tytaniah finished speaking, she stood up and took her leave with all the dramatics of a madam of a pleasure house, escorts and all.

Snatching her wine glass off the table, Jiana downed its contents in one shot before slumping back into her seat with a long sigh. As she did, a familiar set of footsteps entered and approach. "General, will the Apex be coming with us?" There were few things that offered The General calm when tensions were high. Much to her own chagrin, Wyl's presence had become one of those things. While Jiana was seen as unpredictable and occasionally impulsive, Wyl was steadfast and dependent; something she needed more than she would like to admit.

"The Apex will indeed be joining us," Jiana announced before Yzola could even respond. "There are things we need to discuss." Offering Sercine a polite bow, she turned on her heels and marched out the doors and down the long hallway, not bothering to check if Wyl or Yzola was following. There were too many things that needed to be done.

Parked in the large courtyard in front of the great tower was an airship made of iron, steel, and brass. While modest in size, it was an impressive ship nonetheless. The ship's prow had been designed to resemble the head of a falcon and the airbag suspended above was made of silks in a rich brown and cream almost like feathers of a great bird. The smaller, sleeker size also granted them greater speed compared to other airships.

Once Jiana was certain that everyone was safely inside the airship, she gestured to her pilot to take to the skies, giving him instructions to make a detour to Porahn before returning home. "A whole war because nobody is willing to talk to each other." Jiana spat as she paced the floor in frustration.
"Tell me, Yzola, what are your thoughts on the matter. And be honest. I do not have time to beat around the bush. The more clarity I have, the higher our chances of coming out of this in one piece."

Stheno Murinus
Interaction: Coyote Hart Coyote Hart | Colorless Spectrum Colorless Spectrum | SpookyBones SpookyBones

Eunectes.full.3496507.jpg
"Just one then," Stheno promised, the lie falling from her lips with ease.

She already knew. She could never stop at just one. The mechanic could almost hear her father weeping at the swift yet inevitable demise of her carefully crafted facade. She sent him a silent apology for her future actions before heading into the vehicle, finding herself a comfortable seat in one of the far corners.

And it certainly  was comfortable, especially so for a military vehicle that likely wasn't built with comfort in mind. That, or her perception of comfort happened to be irreversibly skewed by the amount of time she spent slouched on wooden benches and tinkering with whatever it was that caught her fancy.

She sank into the sturdy cushions for what looks to be the second drive of the day, and mentally prepared herself for the fatigue to come.

Fig Newton.png

1656563129751.pngWell, that was the best outcome possible. It seemed most of the people, except for Pissy Hrist were all up for a bit of fun. Even Stheno had given in.

"Mingalin' when we've all had a bit to drink is the best," Fig exclaimed. He went up to Stheno and gave her a suggestive wink, "I'm lookin' forward to seeing your 'irresponsible' side."

With that, Fig finished packing all the things he thought he would need in the next few days. It was hard to guess what sorts of damage had been afflicted to the Titan during the battle all those years ago, but with the things he had in his suitcase as well as Stheno and Dante at his side, he had a feeling that he would be fine. Fig grunted as he attempted to move his luggage container. He had definitely overfilled it. With his muscles being out of shape, Fig could barely move it.

When he dragged it out to the pavement and towards the truck that would be taking them to the bunker, he needed help from one of the soldiers in order to get it into the vehicle. Fig huffed and puffed after strenuously moving it. He was glad that after today the weight would be lowered a bit as some of the alcohol would be consumed. And on the way back, he could just litter the chemicals and equipment he didn't need at the bunker.

As Fig got himself comfortable in the car, he leaned forward to poke Hrist's cheek, who was in the driver's seat. A mischievous smirk emerged on Fig's face. He traced the beginnings of some age lines on Hrist's face, which probably was the equivalent of physical harassment. Heh. Fig had a feeling that he wasn't going to get kicked out regardless of what he did, as long as it didn't step too far out of line. The cost of sending him back to Sierra would be too much.

"Sis, you really shouldn't scowl so much," Fig said, "You're going to get lines when you're older."

Satisfied with the amount of chaos he was causing, Fig returned to his seat, a content look in his eyes. Only God knew how long the drive was going to be, so Fig pulled open one of the suitcases he had with him, revealing several bottles all wrapped carefully in bubble wrap. A drink was the best way to pass the time. Painstakingly, Fig removed one of the bottles from its bubblewrap shell and procured some cups from the suitcase. He poured them each a cup, passing the glasses around the car: Stheno, Dante, Ethamira, and then himself. But for himself, he poured it into his own special cup-- an ornate teacup with a missing handle. It was Fig's favorite cup as it had the hallmarks of artisanship. Fig considered it a rarity in Sierra, where he felt that the industrial boom meant that quality was often dropped in favor of quantity.

Finally, Fig poured Hrist a cup.

"A cup of it won't make you drunk," Fig lied, leaving it in the front seat cupholder. Drunk drivers never got into any accidents anyway.

Fig leaned back in his seat, downing his first drink quickly before giving himself a refill. He sat with a cocky swagger, gazing at the occupants in the truck. A good drink was the key to lubricating people's lips. Soon they would be so loose that he could easily get to know all about them. And so he started off with a simple, "So sweethearts, who's excited? We're going to get to know each other so well~~. I'm totally going to get the juicy secrets Niah has been teaching you--" Fig pointed at Dante, "-- And I'm going to steal the hearts of you ladies!" And he pointed at the female occupants of the car.

Ineptitude Ineptitude SpookyBones SpookyBones Colorless Spectrum Colorless Spectrum

Last edited:

Ivantika understood her daughter's frustration well. Everyone, at some point, is put into a position where they feel helpless. In those moments, most people think the best course of action is to lash out. Or maybe that is the only option afforded to them. Despite this sometimes being the case, there was no excuse for Naysayer's actions this time. "If you have a problem with a kid, you need to talk to an adult about it. It isn't your job to take action. You aren't a vigilante like in those games you keep playing with your friends."

Naysayer's witty comeback about the inefficacy of the faculty struck a chord. For a moment, Ivantika white-knuckled the steering wheel of her truck. "If you weren't comfortable talking about it with them, you should've come to me." There was a hint of disappointment in her tone, directed toward herself rather than her child. Was she that far out of touch? To the point where her daughter felt it was safer to put herself in harm's way rather than go to her for help? Ivantika couldn't stomach the thought. She went for another puff.

The youth made another comment, this time about Ivantika's vice. She tapped the cigarette butt, some ash blown away in the wind of the moving car. No words came to mind. The girl was right, yet Ivantika pretended not to hear it. They wouldn't understand, after all. They're only a kid.

Lost in thought, Ivantika had to come to a screeching stop once they reached the blockade. Reflexively, she put her arm in front of Naysayer, acting as a second seat belt. Some of the smaller boxes in the back had fallen with a clatter. The mailwoman took a deep breath. She eyed Naysayer to ensure she was safe before saying, "Sorry about that." She flicked her cigarette onto the road just as other vehicles began to stop all around them. Just great, she thought to herself.

The sound of a car door slamming and Naysayer's hushed words had led Ivantika to crack the passenger side's window slightly. An officer made himself known, peering into the truck with his arm rested just above the window. At the mention of a criminal, the woman's eyes darted around. They were safe, right? She also took a gander at her watch. They were supposed to go straight home, and then she had to make her routes. She was already cutting it close as it was. Maybe I should shift gears into air travel? Sure, there were regulations to using her vehicle's air and water functionalities, but this was a considerable crisis. How was she supposed to deliver Fig's chips on time when stuck in traffic?

Right when her finger daintily hovered over the big red button, Naysayer hurriedly ran out of the car. Huh? WHAT THE HELL DO YOU THINK YOU'RE DOING? Ivantika internally screamed. Putting on her gentlest face, she looked at the officer with a weary smile. "I'm so sorry about that, sir. She's just a little tired. Thank you for the warning." She rolled up the windows and got out of the van, locking it behind her. She then ran after her tiresome daughter.

You hear that a criminal's on the loose and the first thing you do is jump out of a heavily fortified and safe car? Is she my kid, really?? Ivantika began to power walk. "Hey, Naysayer, slow down, will you?" she called out. No response. "I'm talking to you, missy," she said, this time with a bit of annoyance. Once more, no reply. Ivantika felt her cheeks become flushed in anger. Alright, so that's how you want to play this, you little brat? Finally, she caught up to the hybrid girl, grabbing her by the sleeve. "Naysayer Cromwell DaDougy, don't just go running off without a word! What if you get lost or something--"

As she looked down at Naysayer, the image of their first encounter pervaded her mind. A fragile girl with no home and devoid of hope had stared back at her, found in a delivery box with nothing but tattered clothes to her name. Ivantika closed her eyes and shook her head, calming down. "I'm sorry," she said, gently this time, "let's go grab a quick bite to eat. We'll talk about this later." She'd have to make a few phone calls and probably get chewed out by her superior, but if there was one thing Ivantika was weak against, it was family.

"Let's go, and don't run off this time."

Zaccai Silverio

Iridinite smuggling, huh? Zaccai raised a brow. The challenge sounded enticing . . if they chilled on the other side of the fight. Regardless, he continued listening to Liridon's key theory. It'd be counter productive for any Orhian to participate in Iridinite smuggling. Though naturally, there were a few money-hungry idiots scattered around the lot. That was unless, they had an impostor in their midst.

Zaccai folded his arms across his chest as Liridon's dialogue faded in the background. In clean cut strategy, Sierrans required loads of iridinite to muffle down Orhian power. What play on geography were they trying to execute? Whatever it was surely led to a potential territorial maneuver. Zaccai furrowed his brows in deep thought. His mind ran multiple strings of wild ideas. Ideas of which led from one to another till he landed on his own-

"Trust us; our heads should be on the chopping block, as the makers of these wares."

Cough. Zaccai snapped back to reality at Liridon's uncalled for statement. What involuntary thought in tarnation- "Heh," The Amier mage rubbed the back of his neck as Pyerr gave them a misty look.

. . .

"May the gods bless your kind hearts!" The elder proclaimed suddenly cracking Zaccai's serious expression. A clear look of confusion took over the Amier mage as Pyerr dripped with thankful tears.

Though Tiberius didn't fail to lead the group back to business. According to current "data," mana decay felt stronger the deeper underground anyone went. Thus, setting their primary course of action focused on locating the nearby Iridinite. Zaccai moved a hand down his face, mildly disturbed by the closer possibility of an Iridinite stash. He didn't mind the challenge at all. Though Iridinite was Iridinite. Nothing they could easily play with.

"Let's do it," Zaccai nodded to the team. His hand shifted to hold one of the the few weapons displayed along the table. In case they ever had to whack a few goons on the way down, this chain whip's material quality was high enough without mana infusement. "Times a tickin' after all," He tilted his head toward Tiberius before wrapping the chain around his hand, "I'd rather not marinade during our visit."

. D O V E . D O V E Goonfire Goonfire

VESPER
Interactions: Colorless Spectrum Colorless Spectrum (Lou) | Mentions: Castello Castello (Astrid)

vesper headshot.png
Astrid's blade slipped into Lou's arm with uncanny ease, and he abandoned the turret as quickly as he mounted it to find cover. Cowardly, really, abandoning one of their most prolific weapons to save their own back. It left Lou wide open to Vesper, who was waiting with her short katana in hand. He had practically fallen into her arms. Taking the opportunity, she grappled Lou from behind, bringing her own blade to rest against his jugular.

"Surprise. Bet you wished you stayed by that turret," Vesper hissed, keeping a firm hand on the man as she glanced around at her crew. Most of the bandits began to pile in around the vehicle and most of the downed soldiers. She had expected more of them to put up a fight, considering they were Sierran soldiers. Perhaps things had changed in the time she was a soldier. It seemd they would let just about anyone into the profession now.

She wouldn't complain. It made getting into that Bunker much easier, and they had a vehicle to boot.

For now, she would keep a firm handle on the man, holding back on any sudden actions unless Astrid would give her the go-ahead. She had wanted them alive. After all, what dead man could talk?

Astrid Boberac "The Desert Snake"
Interactions - Colorless Spectrum Colorless Spectrum Arcanist Arcanist
Mentions - AI10100 AI10100

Inventory:
Poisoned throwing knives x5 (-1)
Anti-venom x3

Magic State:
Weakened
Astrid's poison kissed knife found it's way down her metallic sheath. She heaved heavily, heart beating rapidly as she could hardly seize her adrenaline; her exhales almost that of a rapid animal. The woman appeared more beastly than her furry compatriot, contrasting as she approached Vesper with a friendly pat.

"Well done, Ves. Tie this one up." She would say, getting right up to Lou's face. "I would hate to waste such good meat for the Egnarions." Her smile would curve to her brow.

"As for the rest of all of you," She addressed the rest of her Thyrean gang, "Get everyone tied up and gagged--make a neat platter."

Astrid continued onto her next target, keeping her wits about her. A stray bullet could leave a hasty muzzle, even in these surprisingly calm circumstances. She lasered onto Julian, the man of whom she struck with her knife. The toxins had been in his system for over a minute, enough for severe pain from the point of contact, but not enough for the brain to fry the brain like an egg. She would attempt to yank the boy onto the ground, straddling him across the chest to keep him safely pinned. Astrid retrieved a vial from a satchel, shaking its contents in front of Julian tauntingly, as a cat plays with its prey before consuming.

"Such a shame Sierran factories can't build their soldiers." Her eyes sunk deep into Julian's, placing her metal hand onto his shoulder. "Great craftsmanship, but weak men, clearly."

Cold metal would coil onto Julian's cheek, pinching it playfully as she reflected a smile. "The poison hurts doesn't it." She said, poking her temple with fleshy fingers. "Fries the nerves, until it climbs to your brain and well... Let's just say I have watched it happen many times, they never don't scream."

She gestured to the vial she had in her hand. "I want to reunite you with Mommy, I really do and really can... But I need you to yip a little, cry me your little secrets." Astrid pointed down the road where they were headed. "Where were you headed this fine day, and what's in the truck? Get detailed, or Mommy is going to be eating at the dinner table alone."

Astrid's bandits:
OLLIE MOZIER AI10100 AI10100
VEELE Colorless Spectrum Colorless Spectrum
VESPER Arcanist Arcanist

9 X Other members, ranging from hybrids, to criminals from Ohr and Sierra. Most of Astrid's squad is underfed and while eager, are not the most experienced fighters.

Yzola nearly flinched when Jiana was called sweetie.......(GAH THEY MUST BE BEST FRIENDS TO BE ON SUCH A CASUAL BASIS!) If anything was cemented today, it was how far out of his depth Yzola was. Relationships had already been forged, and the "Apex" here were ready to do battle on this gigantic chessboard they called a planet. Despite his lack of confidence, and fear, Yzola hadn't survived as the Apex, even for this short amount of time, by being crushed under the weight of expectations and self loathing. He had lived it...everyday. Being out of his depth was his depth. Being able to think and move in the midst of fear was almost as natural as flying or swimming for him, no matter how uncomfortable it may have been. Uncomfortable....yes, that was that increasing pit in his stomach. He had seemed to be drawing more attention than he intended. His instincts told him to fly through the nearest wall and put this meeting behind him for good, but standing out, being remembered, and having value was the only true way to be the Apex even among these High End Predators. That said, he had got the help he wanted...it was better to not say anything reckless.

"Thank you for your support, it won't be wasted," Yzola said, unsurprised he didn't flub his speech. He could feel Tytiniah's eyes scan him even as he looked away. It made him uneasy, but what she said caused a brief bout of panic. He had worked so hard to maintain a calm, stoic demeanor, but she saw right through him. Stressed? If she saw through that, what else had she noticed...did she have the ability to read minds? Even if she did...the only solution would be to forcefully change his thought pattern...or maybe tell the truth.

"I'll keep everyone's advice in mind. However, the pressure is a sign of the hope and expectations my people place in me. It's actually an honor that I have an opportunity to live up to them," Yzola said as everyone prepared to leave. Of course, he wasted no opportunity to take crates worth of food back home. If no one wanted the leftovers, Yzola was not so prideful as to turn it down. In the midst of his food gathering he had somehow "agreed" to go with "sweetie".

"Huh," was all he could say before he was dragged out with Jiana on to the airship.

The airship was actually pretty comfortable, surprisingly accommodating his size. His eyes followed the spit that landed on the floor, and urge to clean it quickly following this act; however, his eyes traced their way back to Jiana who seemed whole-fully pissed. He was surprised she wanted his thoughts on the matter, but not fearful like before. Jiana was smart, but didn't seem as conniving as Sercine, or Tytiniah. He couldn't help but mentally chuckle thinking this about someone who staged a coup.

"It's like playing a classic game of chess...where every piece can also capture pieces of the same color. You can never actually be sure if you're the pawn," Yzola said in a serious tone. "The sadist...and the hag," Yzola began again. "They're right...that's why they are dangerous. As long as they hold a possession of advantage with their experience and resources, it will be difficult to make an argument for a new path that might go against the populace. What you...what we would propose would be revolutionary. Revolutions are not conventional."

He found it funny that he was talking this much; even to the point he divulged his opinion on his colleagues. He punched through a crate and grabbed a bottle of wine...handing it to Jiana without a smile, but no hostility in his eyes. "That said you performed well. Chess is not won in one move...if all we have to do is survive, that can be easily accomplished. I won't let you do it alone...I'll reach the end of the board and turn the tables."

Yzola took his first bite of the food that was provided to him since the meeting. It tasted wonderful.

Saturn_moon Saturn_moon AI10100 AI10100 Colorless Spectrum Colorless Spectrum

Users who are viewing this thread

Back