• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

Realistic or Modern Harcourt Ball (Open)

Characters
Here
He frowned for one moment at the comment about a stupor that his friend was in yesterday. What could have caused the need for a cane? He did notice the tint of red on Mathias's ears from embarrassment so of course, he would not push his friend about the subject. Still his mind races on what happened while he wasn't around. Was it something he could have helped with? Maybe it wasn't that bad, but now that he's looking his friend over, well it may be worse than he thought. His eyes slightly widened before he put back on his smile as his betrothed came to greet his friend. A thought flashed through his mind which seemed to come back and stay after. Did they say the moon looks lovely this year and he was nowhere to help them?

While he kept up the happy demeanor on the outside he tried his best to stay with the conversation and not show the inner turmoil of having let down his friend on the first day. "I certainly got my dream wife," he said as he looked to Farah. He could not ruin another thing today, taking so much time to get ready.. While he was grateful that Farah was a kind-hearted soul he still thought back to it. Quickly looking back to his friend as he simple started to stare at Farah as he thought he spoke up about his friend of course not wanting alcohol or anything like it. "Perhaps we could see if they may get different kinds of tea to taste test? Although I agree, in the least having some of the finger food and we can simply chat about anything that comes to our minds,"

"Oh though you should have a bit of a meal now, Farah and I were making sure we wouldn't go hungry and try to eat all of the snacks. I could help you with your plate if you wish," While it was simply a nice gesture Ezra wanted to do something to make it up to his friend.

MedievalFanatic2023 MedievalFanatic2023
Breathless Breathless

Farah noticed his still happy demeanor when she had walked over. After she made her commentary she hugged his arm with her right arm. "Aww thanks, Erza." She then smiled in agreeing.
"He could have both. Tea and finger food go well together. Don't you both think?" She asked putting her free hand under the chin by the back of her hand leaning on it in thought.

She smiled hearing Ezra offer to help his friend out with a plate. She sighed thinking. "I can help if you need me to Ezra." She said thinking it would be good to help since Matthias is probably upset his partner is not present.

Breathless Breathless
NighttimeForest NighttimeForest

Matthias smiled at his friend, and his newest friend Farah. He loved the chemistry between the two. Their silent glances at each other made his heart warm.

Although when they started to offer food, his stomach clenched in protest. "Oh you guys have such kind hearts, but I don't seem to have an appetite today. Although tea sounds absolutely desirable. I'm sure they will not mind to switch it up a bit."

As he looked at the loving couple his heart squeezed already missing Lucas's silly smile. He hadn't even been away from him for a whole day, yet he misses him.

His feelings inside didn't show though. His Abbott smile was wide, and his eyes crinkled in delight at the conversation the three were having. "W..when do you think we shall go? I'm so nervous. I'm certain there must be scheduled times. Plus I hope to acquaint myself with everyone if possible, and perhaps talk with Frankie, see how he is. Oh, and have you perhaps seen Lady Adalia? I miss her already, haha." Matthias slightly rambled due to many emotions, but he stopped after a bit, and simply loosened his smile. "Sorry, big day ahead. Just nervous."

MedievalFanatic2023 MedievalFanatic2023 NighttimeForest NighttimeForest

The redhead could hear various sounds of pain coming from within the bathroom, and she frowned. What could the ailment be that caused the woman to be in such discomfort. Well! She wasn't going to find out just by standing there. So, she tested the door and found it unlocked. Good! Without pausing for a second thought, the young woman strolled right on in and shut the door behind her. "You're right, of course. You are just another maid to me, just as all of the other nobles have no particular attachment. But that doesn't mean that I lack an ounce of concern that you're ill, I'm not I'm not a complete monster...though some might argue that I'm close," she laughed with a wink.

Josephine leaned back against the wall and tilted her head. "But if you'd like to become something more than just a pretty face with no name attached, then we should amend that situation. My name is Josie. What is yours?" she asked, watching the other woman with curiousity as she noted how she held her shoulder and seemed to be in physical pain. What sort of disorder could cause her such distress and pain? "I would even be willing to go get something for you. Ah, here." She took one of the handtowels from the hanger and poured water from the pitcher resting next to the wash basin. Once the water had soaked some of the towel, Josephine knelt down beside Mika. She reached out with the towel to brush the cool cloth against her skin, smiling a little. "There, can't let such a pretty face be mired by sweat, and that has to feel a letter better, yes?" The Irish lass asked with a grin. Empathy was something she lacked which was why her attempts to help Mika were done in such an abstract manner. Still, it might have just been the kind of cure for Mika, or at least that was what Josie thought.

Cosmos Cosmos

Mika sighed as the other came in still pained, as she announced a name though to other looked over and stuttered out a shaky breath before speaking, "M-Mika.... no last name...." she continued, as though she was expected to say one despite the other not having given her own.

As the touch of the cooled and damp towel touched her face she couldn't help but let out a smirk albeit still slightly pained at the other, grabbing it herself and wiping her face, "Nice try but a miss I'm afraid." she said to the flirt, slowly she regained her breathing pattern and seemed to relax a little, flopping down against the wall seeming exhausted from the episode. Dangit, she hadn't wanted anyone to have seen her like this, "Don't you have like, a fiance to go pester with your endless romantic attempts?" she chuckled weakly, not actually wanting the other to leave to be honest.

Though don't get her wrong, it wasn't because she liked the other in any extent of the wording, but rather simply she didn't feel like being alone right now.... not when- she was already loosing someone who meant so much to her and hurt so much from that loneliness as things stood.

A sudden sad expression catching her face as she opened her eyes back up and stared down at her hands, balling them into fists before loosening, feeling their still sweaty palms with her fingertips.

"Ya caused this you know~ Even though ya didn't mean ta...." she mumbled to the other looking over with a sigh, crossing legs and resting arms on them, an accusing glare given to the females direction, after all it wasn't like this just happened randomly, it had to be 'that' trigger, though saying it was fully Josie here and not also that stupid head Thaddeus with Mel.... Well maybe it was a half truth.
_______

redroseknight redroseknight

The redhead chuckled when the woman took back the cloth from her and dared to announce that her attempt at flirtation was clearly missing her some how. She didn't take offense, she couldn't woo everyone though she did give a solid effort toward that goal. All that mattered was that it seemed to have helped the other woman perk up a little. "Oh, aye, I do have a fiancee, but it isn't as though I'm actually interested in gainin' her favor. I'll marry her regardless since it will be a burr in my brother's breeches, but there is no romance to be had there."

Good, Mika seemed to be breathing a little better if clearly still distressed about something. The way she clenched her fists after closing her eyes made Josie curious. What scene was playing behind those pretty eyes?

"My fault?" she asked, tilting her head to the side. "I don't recall doing anything particularly overt to you, nothing that should have warranted this sort of reaction. I'm used to women getting short of breath in my presence, even going so far as swooning, so I am not just attempting to evade responsibility for what happened if it is indeed due to my behavior." She leaned back then rose to her feet, offering a hand to Mika.

"Why don't you tell me over a nice meal? Come on, your mistress is with people who seem to understand her so you'd just feel out of place." She flashed a grin and fluttered her lashes. "How often do you get to have a noble lady plead with you for your presence." She tilted her head and smirked. "You're someone I'm trying to figure out, Mika. And that, my sweet friend, makes you a precious enigma."

Cosmos Cosmos

"They certainly do go well together," he agreed with his betrothed and when she offered to also help he couldn't help but feel how much he loved her. His attention going back to his friend who insisted they had no appetite. "Ah well, our offer will stand throughout the day so if you ever need the help simple ask," he, of course, meant this. He would not want to see his friend struggling with anything if he could easily help them. When the question of heading to the place came up he looked to Farah before back at Matthias.

"Well, I suppose it wouldn't hurt to get there now to wait. After all, it would let us sit down to wait instead of needing to move to the spot if we stayed here. Although for getting to know others it seems most have left for their own. We just met with a rather nice man, though he soon left for his own activities for the day. I haven't seen Lady Adalia today though I must confess I came out a bit late," he looked sheepish at the last comment before moving to put one of his hands gently on his friends shoulder "Don't worry it's perfectly fine to be nervous," he hoped as they day went on his friend would get better and enjoy the day.

Breathless Breathless

Mika allowed herself to be pulled up, at the others words on her fiancee she rolled her eyes, "By your words i assume you mean Eliza is your Fiancee. I heard of her from the other maids she's quite- the issue." she continued, standing and dusting off her maids uniform she still appeared a tad pale and flustered, as the other spoke on her being an enigma and lunch she smirked a little more, "Sure, but only because the food in the maids quarters is terrible." she shrugged.

Ignoring the earlier comment on how she had done such, she girl would take the lunch but as for explaining what had happened well- that was to be seen. Walking out she placed the towel neatly back beside the sink for the next maid in to clean, after all this wasn't the house she was assigned to, no need to do extra work when she was only meant to be here for her missing mistress.

Matthias nodded at Ezra, and replied with gratefulness. "Thank you, I mean it. Although I think I'll be okay, plus even though its a double date, it's a date for you to spend time with your future lover. I will not intervene nor will be a third wheel."

The boy chuckled and waved a small good bye as he called out. "I'm going to fetch some tea, or whatever beverage is available. I'll be back, and when you two are ready let us go."

He gave a wink and wobbled away to one of the tables with beverages laid out. His eyes gleamed with both curiosity, and fear. So many options, yet who knows what they were. If Lucas were beside him he would be happy to help. He wondered why Lucas would leave so early. He really did like Lucas, and hoped that his future husband wasn't bothered by Matthias's slowness to arrive at the designated place.

Mentions: NighttimeForest NighttimeForest

Josephine smiled and led the other woman out toward the dining area once again. "I'm can't believe that the food given to the workers would be less than what they feed us! If you are fed slop then you'll work like slop, my brother tells me that my father said. That was why our servants were permitted to eat from the same meats and access to the same grain that we were. Of course, my father was lord following a famine that struck our people quite hard so he took it upon himself to help the common folk have access to food. Left us far from wealthy, but at least the people were tended to, aye?"

She motioned for the young woman to take a seat beside her and then proceeded to attend to the maid herself, fixing her a plate of food and getting her a warm drink to go with it. After putting the food down for the maid, she offered Mika a smile. "There you are, a lunch fit for a count. If you desire anythin' else then let me know. I don't want you faintin' on me. Or at least swoonin' for reasons of bein' ill," she teased with a playful wink.

Josie took a drink of her own cool coffee, not wanting to trouble a maid for having a fresh cup brewed for her, the redhead tilted her head. "Hm. Mika. That's an interesting name, not one that is common from where I hail. It's pretty though, like a rare flower with an exotic name since nothing else could do it justice. It suits you."

Cosmos Cosmos

Mika chuckled as she spoke of them feeding their servants far better at their estate, oh how 'nice' and 'kind hearted' they must think they are. She sighed, oh well she couldn't be too sarcastically minded, after all the other might've been telling the truth and not just showing off, after all at least they were being fed, that'd better than how her mother was treated some places.

"Don't misunderstanding Mel- I mean my lady feeds me well at her own estate, just here they have different- ideas, on how status should be treated...." She mumbled, a bead of awkward and nervous sweat as her eyes caught the glare of a much older maid as she spotted the two casually conversing, let alone the disgust when she expressed upon Mika sitting and being SERVED by the noblewoman.

Awkwardly Mika stared back before deciding to be strong in her position and eat crap for it later in a lecture, smugly looking over at the other before sticking her tongue out, after all the girl- as refined as she had been trained was still quite young, and had the liberty of acting the part with her mistress. As the other returned with a plate and warm drink she gave a pleasant smile, choosing to ignore the other maid who promptly left the two be.

Mika began to dig in, famished despite having previously been just about to spill her guts, taking sips of the drink before realizing she actually had company and should try and converse with the flirtatious other, wiping her mouth on the napkin she coughed to both excuse her behavior and clear her throat.

Chuckling after having almost spat out the drink at the name remark before looking over with a cocked brow and yet another smirk, "Flower huuh?.... What if I told ya it was becuase my mother can't read or write, so she got the manor's gorundkeeper who delivered me to randomly pick one?" she shrugged, quite proud of the fact. That groundkeeper was so nice, he was like a uncle to her back before he injured himself too badly to work... She didn't remember much of him as she was so young, but she remembered he taught her how to punch and kick and something vaguely in her memory about why certain flowers grow at different times.

"Anyhow what about that name of yours? Kinda weird ain't it for a noble to be called 'Josie', right?" she mused, well aware it was probably a shorter version of Josephine, but still trying to lay a trail of breadcrumbs away from the other asking about what exactly had caused her fit.

Josephine noted how quickly the other woman was eating. Hm. So it was only Lady Harcourt who deemed her servants less than the nobles eating at the table. She filed that information away and took another sip of her drink. She had noticed the slip up and mulled over its meanings. She called the lady of the house by her first name. So that meant that they were much closer than servants and nobles were supposed to be. Interesting. Could that be part of the reason that the maid was so upset? She would be replaced by the woman's betrothed so her services were no longer needed? The redhead was many things, and astute was very much one of them. For all that she didn't take to being a normal noble, she understood the system that she was intended to have followed.

"If that were the case, Mika, then I would say that I have profound respect for the groundskeeper who gave you such a beautiful name. One doesn't have to be a parent to influence your life heavily, after all. For good or ill." She thought it over for a moment then decided to give the information over to the young woman at her side. Why hold on to it when it would do nothing to hurt her personally.Oh, her brother would be right furious if others found out about his little sister's faults since that would reflect badly upon the house. Expose a weakness.

"My name is Josephine Roisin, my father giving in and allowing my mother to give me a good Irish name even if it is one I'm not really allowed to go by for public functions. I have respect for those of lower positions than nobility because we are treated as lesser beings even among the nobility just because of our national heritage. Did you know that Ireland cannot be seated at the house of lords without having a title in England as well? Or that the common people are not allowed to speak their native tongue in defense of themselves to the law...It is a disgrace." She gave a small sigh. "And I feel a kinship with those struggling with in our county. I..I cannot read and write English as well as others. I get a headache that will leave me in bed for days when doing so. I can, however, speak and write in Gaelic. It leaves me in a similar state but I seem to not have as difficult of a time with it."

Enough about herself. She had given more than enough food for thought for the maid, information that could circle back to embarass her brother. It didn't matter since her marriage to Eliza Green was going to put a stain on the family name as it were. The vibrant redhead tilted her head then looked over Mika's face. "Your coloring looks much better, Mika. Now do tell me how it is that I caused such a devastating attack on you. I should know if I am to avoid doing so again in the future."

Cosmos Cosmos

Mika listened intently to the others story of her names origins and their family values. eyes softening a little feeling guilty for her earlier thoughts on the girls words of graciousness being purely an act, "Ah, I see." Was all she got out in stubborn rejection to the feeling.

However as she went on to address her coloring and the fact of what caused her fit - the subject of which she'd been trying to avoid - She looked away. Taking a deep breath she stared in a hard glare at the tables wooden surface, hands clenched in lap as her brows furrowed in a swift motion, mind tossing and turning over whether or not to explain.

After a moment of indecision however she decided on a partial telling, slowly a hand reached up from her lap and rested on her stomach, grabbing at the fabric, "I have-.... I mean.... I had...." She stuttered, eyes tearing a little at the topic as she wiped them away on her left arms sleeve.

"A while ago i was- attacked. by a male when serving my duties, after of which i suffered some injuries to my physical and emotional well-being. The encounter left me with child...." She continued, hands slowly falling back into her lap as her eyes carried a pained look over at the other as she turned her neck to face her.

"I-.... I have 'issues' with certain men being close to me and apparently females too now." She said rolling her eyes lightly at the revelation, "I-...." she continued, pausing.... She couldn't speak about them- it hurt too much.

Josephine listened to the young woman speak, noting that there was certainly a change in attitude from how she had spoken to her before. Hm. So it seemed that there was an understanding between them now, less resistance to Josie's presence. It was what she had hoped would happen when she revealed to the young woman some of the struggles that an Irish lady had to shoulder. It wasn't nearly as easy of a life as being an English noble, and she hoped that this understanding would last. Not because she was making a true connection with someone, no. Not at all. It was simply so that she could use this interaction to gain information that she could use later in the event if the situation arose that she needed it.

The redhead watched her mannerisms, noting the way she clung to her uniform and shifted around. An attack by a male servant didn't leave too many questions needing to be answered, and the redhead frowned at the implications being made. So the woman..she had bore a child from this assault and clearly didn't have it any long if she was able to draw the conclusions clearly.

Josephine sat with that information, with the crying girl next to her, and felt...conflicted. For once something was rising up in her chest that had nothing to do with her righteous rage over her people's plight. It was just as white hot, but it also felt gentle. An urge to help the woman rose within her, and she acted on that impulse to retrieve a handkerchief she always kept tucked up her sleeve in case she wandered and became dirty with a need to clean her face. This was more important of a use for it.

Why did she suddenly feel the urge to help the young woman, to protect such a fragile being. She didn't know her. Didn't particularly care for her...so why did she find herself reaching out to gently squeeze Mika's hand in a comforting gesture. Instead of fighting the feeling, Josephine decided to flow with it, explore it since it was somthing new for a woman completely disconnected from her emotions. This was fascinating! She tilted her head a little before speaking.

"I see, and I'm sure that being along without your mistress is bound to be making you anxious. I didn't bring any servants of my own with me or else I would tell you to remain with them, but Cassandra is a dear and would likely be a great companion for you. As for what to do..what to do...Ah!

She shifted in her seat fully then lifted her hand to turn it slightly. "I have a proposition for you. Clearly you are going to be more distressed when alone because you are vulnerable, and you can't be with your mistress at all hours any longer because she is trying to make a connection with her betrothed. Now! My betrothed and I have little need for that since we're quite separate people, she and I. So. I can make a small request of your lady to let you attend to me and therefore keep you from being vulnerable since my presence alone will protect you from anyone. In return, I need you to do me a favor. My uncle and I write often. I cannot entrust this to just anyone, so I appreciate your discretion when I write letters to him. I need you to see that it is delivered to the postman without anyone taking a peek at it. It is written in Gaelic just for that reason, but I still do not trust that anyone here doesn't have an Irish servant that can read our native tongue. Do this and I'll keep you company."

This was the first time she was feeling a true stirring of emotion and she was going to be riding with it. It was frightening and exhilarating all in one!

Cosmos Cosmos

Mika- didn't know how to react. As the other pulled out a hanker chief and gently grabbed her hand she felt a small fluster come over her from her worked up state, suddenly jolting the hand back a little before allowing it to remain in the others grasp. "S-Sorry I-.." She barely got out before the other spoke of some sort of new arrangement. Standing abruptly Mika gave a light glare, still red eyed from crying before it softened into a small look away from the other.

"I-.... Mel...." she whispered, as though the words the other had said brought about just as much emotion as she'd just expressed but in a different form, not angry- just.... Confused. After a moment a smile braced her lips turning the corners ever so slightly upwards as she let out a long brief calming that fiery temper of hers to a gentle flame for at least the time being.

Slowly she sat again and refused to face the other, not out of resentment but instead guilt, "Am I stupid.... or what? Falling for a noble.... What a- fricken dumb idea..." she said burying her face in her hands as elbows lent on the table, hair strands falling across her face from her now lightly frazzled hair.

"I-.... your offer is- generous? I think. And I do not mind delivering a letter- I myself cannot read or write even my own name so.... so it would be no issue. But I- to leave her with THAT man...." She let a grimace out and grit her teeth as she looked up with a scowl. "I have no doubts he'd do the very same thing to her as i was done to- his attitude treats her like an object- something he cares nothing for! S-She's so perfect, and beautiful, and kind!- She deserves so much- So much better!" she said with inflections of passion, expression contorted and desperate.

"Better than me...." She went on slowly, looking back at her hands for a moment. "I'm not some delicate petal. ya know? I broken two guys noses in the past year alone.... I just- being around all this flirting, and young men brings back things- if you think it would be best i'll do it. But i cannot make my own decision as my heart will weigh too strong on it at current times. I knowI should never have told any of this to you, you can blackmail the family- me.... Mel.... But I ask only one thing, if I serve for you- You will allow me to keep protecting her. Even if that man causes me to have another fit- even if i can't stand to be near him, you'll- let me." she finished with the determination to match any other,however despite her strong prose, her hands were still shaking.

Josephine watched calmly as the girl jolted up and glowered at her, an expression that Josie was oblivious to receiving more often than not after she had caused her destruction in social arenas. But she wasn't given an out right no to her proposition, and her expression softened a little. Ah, so the ties was more than what she had assumed. The young woman was in love with Melissa. It made sense, and she had to agree that the young woman was so beautiful and graceful. She couldn't blame the other woman at all for having fallen for her. But she was right, it would do no good and was a foolish thing for her to do.

"You are correct that I could indeed use this information to control your mistress and yourself. I could..but I won't. There is nothing that I would gain personally from doing such a thing, and it would cause detriment to our already tenuous friendship, hm? No. I will keep this information to myself and abide by my own counsel on how to navigate this situation. It wouldn't be a trouble, being able to have you serve me since my brother would be content that I was watched."

After removing her hand and instead offering it as a handshake, Josephine looked to the woman who was refusing to look at her. "I would never dream of you doing otherwise, Mika. I need someone I can trust while I'm here. Someone who won't run to my brother at the drop of a hat for things that I have said or done. This is the perfect arrangement for that. We both get something we need out of it. Besides, I can't stand to see a beautiful woman cry. Your smile just now was so sweet and honest. You should smile like that more often though I know it is likely difficult to do so away from someone you love."

She took in a breath then let it out in a soft sigh. "I've never loved anyone before. Not my father, my mother passed when I was a baby so I never met her. I care for my brother, but I think that love is too strong of a word for what we have as siblings. I've wondered what it would be like for someone to care that much for me, but then I remind myself that I have larger matters to attend to and such emotions might weaken what I seek to gain. I have love for my country, for the people who can't have a voice for themselves...that will be more than enough I suppose."

"I do have a dog that I adore..three legged beast since he lost one of his limbs to a bear. My brother was going to end his life since he had no use for him, so I took him instead. I would...I would be sad, I believe, if something else happened to him. I miss him and look forward to seeing him when I come home. Is that what love is like, Mika?"

Cosmos Cosmos

Mika chuckled at the womans words on love, both saddened and joyful as she described the dog back home, in a way that was love, but not the same. "I suppose- in a way it is, yes. But when it comes to someone else theres no exact form for it, it could be anyone, the person you least expect, a delicate rose or a thundering tide.... Melissa being the former. I never saw myself falling for her- we.... we were nothing more than friends for so long and suddenly, one night it just changed." She gave a warm smile finally meeting the others gaze.

"Suddenly her touch gave me shivers, her laughter made me so happy i thought i could cry and then when she kissed me the other night I- I.... It hurt so bad. It wasn't the kiss i wanted, not one that made my heart bubble with joy but rather one that left me empty, that felt like a goodbye kiss.... Something I never want to happen." She continued softly, eyes closed before reopening as the statement finished, a fist over her heart as she looked curiously at the other.

"It's not a surprise with how busy all you nobles are that it's hard to find love- I suppose in a way that's what these 'matchings' are all about.... However i do hope some find love from it, though I know from at least my own experience it will also break hearts." she said with a longing sentiment, lowering the hand to finally shake the others.

"I will agree to your deal should my lady also do so." She replied with a prompt nod, "However-.... I uh, ask that you please refrain from flirting with her.... for my sake. That moment between you last night, even though it was nothing to yourself for her- that girl would take a mile if you gave an inch of affection.... She can't handle the heartbreak of another love, not with already carrying my dumb heart and that aggravating mans upon herself."

Thinking of Mel brought a slightly more calm smile to her expression, however thinking of the girls health did not. Lover or not Mika wouldn't rest till she knew the other was safe.

Ezra smiled at his friend. Of course, they would insist on not being a third wheel. He would not have thought of it that way personally. After all, he wouldn't want to leave his friend in need. He would not argue with it. His friend was his own man and it's not as if he could simply say it's fine and they'd change their mind. "Alright, don't feel rushed," a wave following as his friend went off to fetch some tea, hopefully, there would be some this time. He sighed when Matthias went away and looked to Farah "I do worry he's putting this date above his own health,"

Leaning closer to her he tried to let his worries slip away. Matthias wouldn't simply run himself into the ground over this right? Well in the least he could count on Farah to help him. She was too good for him, a lucky draw that he got paired with her to be sure. "Well, I suppose we should finish up then wait to head to the room hm?"

Breathless Breathless

The redhead listened then shook her head. "Aye, at least this emotion of yours will be fleeting as I suspect this love is. While I am certain that there will be positive matches made, their love will be tenuous and fragile. Easily broken the moment there is a sign of resistance. Then they will be trapped with one another, resenting that they are shackled to a person they no longer care for." She shrugged her shoulders and hummed. "I am better off not feeling that sort of emotion so perhaps I should be quite grateful that such ties have never been thrust upon me. And it is lucky for my betrothed that she seems to understand that love is not something that will be shared between us."

Josephine laughed brightly and gently accepted Mika's hand. "Oh, but it is so fun to make that betrothed of hers glower so! Like an eagle whose feathers have become so ruffled and his chest is puffed out to protect his pride." She turned Mika's hand to place a kiss on the back of it, winking at the other young lady. "I'll try to curb my actions when around Lady Melissa, but I will confess that the urge will be quite great to get a rise from her match," she laughed. Seeing movement in the dining hall, the young woman rose from her seat. "Come on, Mika, let's make sure we don't miss any fun." She released Mika's hand and began moving down toward Ezra and Farah. She waved to the couple and sat near them. "Hello, my new friends, I do apologize for having become distracted by a small matter. Oh! And this is Mika." That was Josephine, never afraid of intruding upon a quiet moment with a couple."

Cosmos Cosmos

Farah noticed Mathius walk away. It was sad seeing him so devastated about his betrothed not present. She decided it was best to let it happen then talk to him about these concerns. She turned to Ezra seeing him lean close. Her blue eyes softened seeing him give her some affection even if it was small. She sighs nodding. "Yeah..it won't exactly be a double date like planned. surely we will still enjoy it just as much." She soon noticed Josephine with another girl she had vaguely seen but could not remember off the top of her head.

"Hello, Lady Josephine. I see you brought a friend." She then smiled seeing Mika being introduced. "its a pleasure to meet you. I am Farah Dormshaven its nice to meet you. Hope you find your special someone." She glances smiling to Ezra gently. "I think i did." She said sweetly.
Cosmos Cosmos

Mika tensed as Josie introduced herself to more nobles- did she not understand that the other maids would see this as scandalous? Oh well- best she just enjoy it whilst she could, giving a small bow she nodded with a smile, "Pleasure to make your acquaintance. Although I do apologies but i'm not here to meet my destined one, simply here as a maid in service." she chuckled, a little flustered to the cheeks at the thought of even being THOUGHT of as a noble in appearance.

Taking a seat beside the other much taller irish red head she smiled a little warmly at the womans words of finding her match, but internally rolled her eyes, still stinging a little from the others earlier comment on her own feelings being fleeting. But reminded herself she too would've thought such a thing before she felt the way she does for the first time.
_________

redroseknight redroseknight NighttimeForest NighttimeForest MedievalFanatic2023 MedievalFanatic2023

He looked down at the comment his betrothed made. She was right, but he still hoped it was all a misunderstanding. She didn't see the way he light up and was nervous when he first pointed out his friends betrothed in the crowd when they came back. He hoped that his friends betrothed was simple late like he was by being worried about how they looked. He couldn't really know for sure until the date happened and if it turned out true. Well, he didn't care that his friend said he didn't want to be a third wheel. He'd make sure they had a great time. Straightening up more as he made up his mind he looked over with questions clearly on his face as someone talked to them. A voice that was clearly not Farah's.

It took a moment before a wide smile spread across his face at the fact it was Josie from before. They introduced a lady who came with her as Mika ."It is good to see you again Josie, though you do not need to apologize. It is a pleasure to meet you, Mika," he bowed his head to Mika in greeting. "I'm Ezra Conray, but please just call me Ezra," When his betrothed talked about finding the special someone he couldn't help but have a rather goofy grin on his face. When he heard the maid's response he felt a pang of sadness. "Oh, you never know. Just because you are a maid doesn't dictate much of anything. I'm sure you're a lovely woman. Who knows how everything will end after all? Anyone could fall in love," While the last sentence held the warmth of his thoughts, but his gaze still shifted down at the end.

He quickly spoke up again and he looked back to the two new company with a smile on his face "And it is early no? Plenty of time to get to know people and see if you may fit with them. Though I say if they are not one to talk simple because of your status then they wouldn't make that good of company,"

MedievalFanatic2023 MedievalFanatic2023 redroseknight redroseknight Cosmos Cosmos

She noticed him look down she did not realize her comment would upset him. She had gotten absorbed in a new conversation with Josie and Mika. She sighed hearing Mika's words then noticed her comment made Ezra make an adorable expression. "Well, you are a beautiful maid. Ezra is right. You never know it is early indeed."
She then whispered to Ezra. "That was an adorable smile." She said teasingly but also seemed genuine going about it her tease.

She looked back at Josie. "Anyone sparking your interest?" She asked curiously hoping she was not intruding too much but was trying to keep the conversation going hoping to leave anyone out. She tried to be people-pleasing while she was here.

(sorry its short.)
Cosmos Cosmos

Elodie had noticed something was up when they days activities were cancelled. She had been ushered to her room and instructed not really to leave shortly after breakfast. Today though, she was not restricted when she left. She went to the tree from yesterday for a while and read some. Maids were hurrying past, foot men running around and she even noticed some butlers walking past, worried expressions on all of their faces

Something odd was going on. After a short while Elodie gave up on her book. She stood up, dusting her skirts and deciding to head inside to try to find someone to talk to. As she passed the doors to the main hall she bumped into what looked like a maid. Elodie did fall to the ground, but apart from her pride nothing seemed injured "I am so sorry" she said, hoisting herself up and meeting the young woman's eyes.

"I am sorry, miss" the woman fussed, hands fluttering "I should have been watching where I was going!" she fretted while refusing to meet Elodie's eyes. The young woman was a teenager, she could see that. Young, her hair blonde and skin fairly pale. Her eyes were averted but Elodie could see they were a dark colour.

"Don't worry, I wasn't either." Elodie tried to re-assure the young woman but it didn't seem to do much. She frowned a little "I really am okay. I didn't get your name?"

"Jane, miss!" she volunteered. She still would not meet Elodie's eyes but the tears were noticeable.

"Jane, It really is no trouble. Are you okay?"

Jane's lip shook. Elodie felt a small amount of panic "Would you sit with me?" she asked, placing a hand on Jane's back and guiding her to the fainting couch that had appeared the night of the ball. Jane followed her direction and sat next to her, and the small wince Elodie let out as she sit, and her corset dug in a small amount actually reduced the young woman to tears. Elodie had no idea what to do, so she just put her arms around the young lady, looking around for anyone who might know what was going on.

Lowquta Lowquta Cosmos Cosmos

Last edited:
Josephine nodded at Ezra's statement. "Oh, aye, you needn't worry about class here, Mika. We're not all just noble layabouts without an ability to talk to those who weren't born with a silver spoon in their mouths," she laughed. She did hope the best for Mika, but she knew the truth that others did not that Mika was in love with her mistress. Poor thing, being caught up in a tricky thing like love when it involved the woman she was tending to. Ah well! She would get over it soon enough and turn into a mooncalf over someone else. That's how these things tended to work. She didn't believe in honest, sincere love that never faded.

Her gaze moved to the young woman seated near her. Ah, Farah asked a very good question. "Hm, to be honest, no one has quite struck my fancy but then again, I don't particularly believe in those 'love at first sight' shenanigans. Or love at all, if I am honest. I am here at the behest of my brother, and I will appease him. My betrothed is a bit of a rascal, so at least I wouldn't be set inside a gilded cage if we were to wed." A wicked smile graced her face as she saw Matthias from afar.

"I'd advise that the tea is right weak and the coffee is much better. Why not come join us? It'd be a right shame for a strapping lad to sit on his own for lunch," she teased with a playful wink. There she went, finding new prey to toy with. The redhead then playfully nudged Mika. "You'll have to tell us your type so we can keep an eye out for you. Wouldn't want my newest friend to be lonesome, eh?" she teased with a carefree grin. Everyone was taking the ball so seriously and here Josephine was just having the time of her life.

Breathless Breathless
Cosmos Cosmos

Users who are viewing this thread

Back