• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

Realistic or Modern Harcourt Ball (Open)

Characters
Here
Lady Harcourt kept herself busy with preparing a cup of tea for herself, while Melissa wrote on the paper, and gave the girl a moment to gather her thoughts. To be honest, this match was the one that she was most dubious about. Melissa had her illness to think of, and her family did not care much who she married, so long as it was done. Her match however was an interesting man. She had heard many things about Thaddeus and she was not sure they would be suited. Never the less, she would see how it played out. She had a back up plan after all.

She was handed the letter, and read over it quickly. Nodding a little she handed it back, and proceeded to say "Your personal family business is not my issue. However, your marriage is. A lot of the servants did see the kiss, as well as the one laid on a lady you danced with." Lady Harcourt paused to take a sip of her drink. She then continued "Have you yet met your intended?" she asked.
Sgt Gomez Sgt Gomez

Melissa sat there quietly as Lady Harcourt read over her note, she prepared herself a cup of tea and sipped it gently. At the mention of servants seeing both kisses, her cheeks turned bright pink. "Sorry, you must think of me as some street girl who just goes with anyone she meets. I apologize for scuffing your reputation and staining your home with my presence. I believe I met him for but a second," she writes before passing it over and bowing her head in shame expecting to be kicked out.

Feeling a little reassured by Matthias's statement, Lucas climbed onto the bed, making sure to leave space between him and Matthias. "I don't know, Mr. Matthias, I wouldn't want my innocent eyes to be tainted." He joked, leaning his head against the headboard. His innocence was something he slowly lost over the years, nothing too graphic by any means, but he does know a thing or two.

Lucas laughed, almost giggled, at Matthias and the situation as a whole. "Oh really? I have to say you really do look quite fetching in that duvet." Smirking as he looked over to his betrothed, Lucas cut off the worried thoughts that floated around the back of his head, like 'What would your father think?' or 'Is this any way to behave?' Unsurprisingly, they were all in the voice of an old woman, specifically the old woman who used to tutor him. What a nightmare she was. But never mind all that. He wasn't back there, he was here. With Matthias, his husband to be, a clumsy, lightweight that shot himself, the wonderful man who's given him, an undignified mess, the time of day.

Breathless Breathless

Matthias smiled as he looked at Lucas, who was climbing onto the bed, leaving a polite gap between the two of them. "Oh right, right. Wouldn't want to taint that innocence that you surely have." Matthias could make all the jokes, and he talked big game, but he never did anything scandalous. It wasn't that he couldn't or didn't want to, at home he was always busy.

"I would only wear the finest for you, my love." He laughed slightly, while blushing, causing his eyes to squint.

Shifting his body slightly, and as much as the sheets would allow he took Lucas's left hand into his own, his voice taking a more serious tone. "I just want to let you know, that I am sorry for causing some chaos. I am sure you have a reputation to hold, and I don't mean to tarnish it. I will do my best to be more gentlemanly, for you. I find you very interesting, and I hope we work out." Matthias winked and added his little comment.

"You have an amazing personality, plus you're cute, so finders keepers, right?"

MToki MToki

"You don't have to apologize, I still think you're amazing." Lucas held tight onto Matthias's hand, sitting up to look straight at him. "My reputation can be spat on by the entirety of England and I wouldn't be able to care! You should just be yourself, you're already so great, and I'm so lucky that you don't think I'm an absolute idiot." He exclaimed, words still slurred, but spoken loudly enough to be understood.

"And if you want, we can just forget this day ever happened! Start over, a new beginning, a blank canvas!" The blonde gestured excitedly with his hands, smile wide, words littered with emphasis. He was slowly sobering up, but he was still blocking out all the worries he had. If he wasn't at least a little tipsy, he'd be bright red with embarrassment and profusely apologizing for his behavior.

"I'm not cute. I'm a man, Matthias. Small animals are cute, I'm dashing and charming." His words were confident but his face betrayed him as a pink flush painted his cheeks.

Breathless Breathless

Matthias smiled as Lucas went on excitedly. It made Matthias's heart squeeze, despite Lucas still being slightly drunk. He hoped not drunk enough for Lucas to forget what he's saying. Matthias himself blushed immensely at the compliments that were being said. "How kind of you to say, and well I do agree we can forget my foolishness, but at the same time. What a funny story to tell." He loved how hyperactive, and childish Lucas could be as he had spoken with his hands.

"You are charming, and dashing but you are also cute, amongst other qualities." Matthias smiled, and to prove a point, he lifted Lucas's hand up to his mouth, and gave a tender kiss on the back of it. "I am honored to be in your company, handsome." He pulled the gentleman card. Of course he did.

The boy held back his blush, and set Lucas's hand down on the bed giving it a playful tap, before Matthias smirked devilishly at Lucas. "If you blush, you're cute, and I win."

MToki MToki

Lady Harcourt nodded, and read over the note "I wished to bring you aside to ask how it went. Your intended is quite a strong willed man, and handsome certainly. But he has . . . a reputation." she paused, taking a sip of her tea and seemingly thinking on what to say next. She seems to find the words, and begins "I do not have total control of the matching, but I do have a certain . . . sway with most families. I would like you to try." she fixes Melissa with a stern look "You are a capable woman, and although your disability does impact your life you have gotten this far with it. Your family's opinion of yourself is not relevant here. Many of the others have the same issue, in one form or another. It is you who chooses how this will go from this moment on."

With a deep breath Lady Harcourt softened her gaze "But that being said, if anything is done to make you uncomfortable I expect you to report it to be immediately. I have seen all kinds of people come through my halls and I will not tolerate any kind of behaviour of that nature in my house if I am able to stop it. Tell that to others if you need, although I can not move mountains! I can not stop your family from marrying you off but i can prevent a bad match." She sighs and takes out a small flask, adding a dark coloured liquor to her tea, and sipping on it again "I would like you to try. Is that acceptable?"

Sgt Gomez Sgt Gomez

Melissa nodded at Lady Harcourt and began to write, "I do not think I would be the type of wife that my current match would like. I am quiet and tend to stay to myself. Two of the other attendees that I met this evening do have my interest though. Frankie and Josie," she passed it over before picking up her tea again and sipping at it. She closes her eyes and tries to think of how her life would play out with everyone she met this evening. Everytime though...her mind kept coming back to Mika. She was Melissa's best friend and confidant...she couldn't just abandon her now? How would her intended feel about having a maid follow her around all day?

StarxLight StarxLight

Following the kiss, Thaddeus had only observed the draughty skirts of the red-haired vixen descend into a curtsy, before lawlessness rend asunder the ballroom. A man with a forte for talking surged a bay-colored bottle imprinted with De La Rose into the air, flying the banner to free drinks on him. The ballroom swelled upon his arrival, classes and couples having cozy chats on the cumbersome value of getting to know each other.

With the distractions, Thaddeus neglected to foresee his intended hasten away. When his Stygian pupils tried to trace her, it was to no avail. She had vacated away like lightning, leaving him to be deserted in his own shadow.

Somewhere during the night, clicked the steady lever of a gun and the throb of the bullet sliced through the ballroom. It amused him to watch a few ladies squirm at the noise. It was a brash sound, one that curved heads at the bow of the windows.

By now, the day had long surrendered to the night. His glass was empty of its contents, and his mouth once more felt dry. It was not oblivious to him how occasionally, people of all ranks and genders gave him a skewed look with the intention to read him. He was, after all, a man who had chosen to ground himself on one place of the ballroom, without the breeding of civility to engage himself with others. It was a peculiar action to himself. He was usually lively and polished with marooning around people. With all the thoughts of love, marriage, and betrothal, Thaddeus found himself lingering on a memory.

He was seventeen when the Preston Manor hosted a winter ball for the courtship of his brother. Lucius was expected to find himself a bride in the seasonings of the festivities. The manor, by itself, was made to be romantic: mistletoes and garlands swooned the halls, trees were dressed with the finest glass globes, and bells rang in the distance. Lucius had promised mother that he’d pursue her wishes, and by his promise, he was busy roving potential brides across the ballroom. Thaddeus remembered leaning on the railings of the second-floor, elbows touching the metal as he had mischievously watched from a sharp eye, a particular lover of his. A particular lady he was infatuated with a nonsensical boy-ridden love had met his gaze with the batter of eyelashes as to a spring butterfly and for the longest most brilliant moments of time, he was a grinning buffoon. Her looks and name was burned into his heart; they had been seeing each other when the moon hemmed a silent smile. She was wearing a deep blue chiffon dress that night, somehow complimenting his eyes. Her brunette hair tumbled in wisps around her shoulders, and she had made an inkling gesture at him. Then, she disappeared into the factions of the people.

It was unfortunate that in the walloping turns of hallways, he had found her lips meshed against Lucius, the blues of her dress torn, her half-undone corset, her light laughter resonating softly… Lucius, while admitting guilt, had sought to teach him well; there’s only an illusion of love.

Last edited:
He could not help some nagging feeling that he should have been much more aware of his surrounding. Even the comforting feeling of his betrothed in his arms wasn't pushing it back. He supposed worrying about what may or may not have happened wouldn't do him good instead only to drive him to madness. "Well I suppose it wouldn't do us good to simple guess on it. You have not met the others have you? I have gotten to know some, though not everyone. We do have a good bit of time to spend together after all," smiling as to push away the thoughts of what may have happened he did make sure to quickly add on just in case.

"Of course if you are not up for it, instead we could go see the garden. I walked in there before with another of the guests here and I must say it is truly a sight to behold," He wasn't sure what his betrothed might like to do, after all this was still only the first day and if they did not get to know the other guests today they could introduce themselves tomorrow. Speaking of tomorrow, he wondered what they might do. He wasn't well versed in what Lady Harcourt all did with the matches. Either way he would have time to meet other and spend with his betrothed until the final day where he would be wed. Hoping that Farah would also be looking forward to this day, though he was worried he may not truly be her one. With how many others were here would she find another that would suit her much better? Only time could tell him this.

MedievalFanatic2023 MedievalFanatic2023

Samantha Lewis walked down the hall down the ballroom nervously clasping her hands in front of her. She was wearing a wintergreen dress with nice trimming and had long sleeves that puffed around her arms and stopped at her wrists and the red carnations were pinned in her ginger hair and her hair was up to her most distinct beauty visible those emerald green eyes that seemed to be able to look into someone's soul. She walked into the entrance of the ballroom as she clasped her hands tighter nervously. As she looked around before she opened her hand uncomfortably shielding her face as she walked through the crowd and noticed seats near the bar. She quietly made her way over and slid up on the seat of the barstool.

She noticed a man with a girl. She turned her head away from them quickly. He seemed quite occupied by that girl she wasn't worried. She was nervous and didn't know anyone here. she gripped her fan in her hand and closed her eyes breathing steadily. She was alone her breathing became heavier and she got up wanted to leave them be. She was nervous if they knew who she was. Why should she be worried about them noticing her? Nobody was there for her but the servants at her parent's home. They were nice but tended to have work to do.

She untightened her grip on her fan and ordered a glass of water. She sipped as her hands shaking a bit but not enough to spill the glass. She just set it down and swirled her straw making tiny whorl pools in the glass.

mentioned: A.I.S.H.A. A.I.S.H.A. StarxLight StarxLight

``````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````

Farah looked nothing he looked bothered but heard him speak up. "Well, yes hopefully I can get to meet him. But, tonight is my first night with you, Ezra." She said seeing his kind smile today. She heard him then ask if she wanted to stay here or go to the garden. It would be a nice chance to be truly alone with Erza, so she blushed speaking up. "It would be nice to spend time with you in the garden. Just the two of us." She said as she stood up and smiled gently and held out her hand to him. "let's get out of this crazy ballroom." She said.

Hearing another girl had taken him there was slightly discomforting. What if Ezra was interested in someone else and not this broken dreamer that wanted to live life like his that was free to express himself. She didn't want that taken from her by another girl. She would make this a nice night for him with her so he feels she is serious about getting to know him and having a future with him.

NighttimeForest NighttimeForest

Last edited:
Vincent adjusts his sleeves slightly as he enters the ball room once more, his newly cleaned hand coming up to touch his moustache as he glances around the room, spotting his fiancé and De La Rosa enjoying a conversation by one of the tables. Seemed like they had found some food and he feels much calmer for a second there. Meant there wasnt going to be any more fainting, at least unless any major scandals happened but he hoped that getting shot was enough for one evening.

He exhales as he approaches the two, hearing the young woman speak fluently in french between words of English. Charming, he thought he recognized the accent from somewhere after all. Something about the English not being able to party, he heard from afar and then going onto speaking of her mother and how her mothers choice of marrying her off to a stranger had affected her. He clears his throat as he arrives next to them in his somewhat disheveled state. ”Alors j'espère que ta mère et moi ne rencontrons pas...fear she would not like me very much then.” He speaks in a somewhat tired and amused voice as he sits down next to his betrothed, leaning forward a little to catch a glimpse of Frankie.

”I think our very drunken friend will be just fine, could’ve been worse than a gunshot wound, although I have to say he had surprisingly little to drink to be that drunk. The english aren’t too great with alcohol. How are you holding up, sir?” He asks him, sounding more friendly with less stress on his hands this time.

A.I.S.H.A. A.I.S.H.A. StarxLight StarxLight
Samantha Lewis walked down the hall down the ballroom nervously clasping her hands in front of her. She was wearing a wintergreen dress with nice trimming and had long sleeves that puffed around her arms and stopped at her wrists and the red carnations were pinned in her ginger hair and her hair was up to her most distinct beauty visible those emerald green eyes that seemed to be able to look into someone's soul. She walked into the entrance of the ballroom as she clasped her hands tighter nervously. As she looked around before she opened her hand uncomfortably shielding her face as she walked through the crowd and noticed seats near the bar. She quietly made her way over and slid up on the seat of the barstool.

She noticed a man with a girl. She turned her head away from them quickly. He seemed quite occupied by that girl she wasn't worried. She was nervous and didn't know anyone here. she gripped her fan in her hand and closed her eyes breathing steadily. She was alone her breathing became heavier and she got up wanted to leave them be. She was nervous if they knew who she was. Why should she be worried about them noticing her? Nobody was there for her but the servants at her parent's home. They were nice but tended to have work to do.

She untightened her grip on her fan and ordered a glass of water. She sipped as her hands shaking a bit but not enough to spill the glass. She just set it down and swirled her straw making tiny whorl pools in the glass.

mentioned: A.I.S.H.A. A.I.S.H.A. StarxLight StarxLight

``````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````

Farah looked nothing he looked bothered but heard him speak up. "Well, yes hopefully I can get to meet him. But, tonight is my first night with you, Ezra." She said seeing his kind smile today. She heard him then ask if she wanted to stay here or go to the garden. It would be a nice chance to be truly alone with Erza, so she blushed speaking up. "It would be nice to spend time with you in the garden. Just the two of us." She said as she stood up and smiled gently and held out her hand to him. "let's get out of this crazy ballroom." She said.

Hearing another girl had taken him there was slightly discomforting. What if Ezra was interested in someone else and not this broken dreamer that wanted to live life like his that was free to express himself. She didn't want that taken from her by another girl. She would make this a nice night for him with her so he feels she is serious about getting to know him and having a future with him.

NighttimeForest NighttimeForest
Elodie let the man work, content to watch as he carefully created to cocktails, looking at each and deciding which she would most like to try. The man had clearly been having quite the day, and like her was in an unfamiliar environment. She began eating though, starting with the bread and meat. When he did reply she made sure to let him know she was paying attention, looking at him in the eyes when she could. She smiled a little at the party all night thing. Now that she was familiar with "Oh I am aware, parties back home are . . . Très animé. Not to mention much more amusing." She felt a pang of sympathy, and did note she had not seen anyone with flowers that matched his all evening. "Oh. I am sure everything is okay with your match. There had bee much going on, perhaps they are late?" She gestures to the beautiful like of cocktails "May I?" she asks him

She listened to him talk, interested in his world view but more interested as he slipped a little into Spanish. Elodie had been under strict instructions to speak English only, but would be happier to use a little French, and if Frankie was speaking Spanish, she would happily use some of it "Many countries are like that. I will not tell anyone what you have said to me." she tells him, listening to him shut down the subject further "I am not English, and agree that this country takes things very seriously. France is certainly like that but more. . .il y a plus de trahison. Betrayal. Affairs, even." she tells him, rolling her eyes "I once witnessed a wedding where three different women objected on the grounds they were already married to the groom." she confided.

"Mon Ami, you do not need to reveal anymore than you wish." she assures before saying "Oh Merde! My story? Well, I am surprised you do not already know. Ma Mère is quite the gossip." she smiles conspiratorially "Ma Mère . . Well. . . fucked up my chances marrying locally. So I have been sent here to marry someone they may never have to meet." She smiles a little more tensely "I half expected her to ruin this for me, too.".

A.I.S.H.A. A.I.S.H.A.

Frankie chuckled. “Let’s cheers to her being out of the picture for now, then, huh?” Frankie picked up one of his cocktails. “And you don’t strike me as a French. I think they’re rather high minded, mostly because they think their liquor is better than ours,” he said, admitting some bias in his position, “Doesn’t mean they aren’t pendejos sometimes. But I can tell already that you’re very intelligent, more than me,” he sipped his cocktail.

That was when Vincent returned. His expression didn’t change when he mentioned that Matthias would be ok. Of course he was. Frankie could have removed the bullet himself if he had to. He’s seen far worse than this and blood was the least of things that fazed him. But he kept his thoughts to himself and nodded. He raised his glass briefly. “I’ve stopped drinking from the bottle. Cocktails don’t give me problems,” he said, which was true, considering his body had taken 2 bottles of rum over a few hours. Compared to then, a single cocktail was a drop in the bucket. He didn’t think he needed anymore to drink, but sitting at a bar without a glass in his hands didn’t feel right to him. He glanced at their matching flowers and his expression soured ever so slightly hinting envy for their seemingly picture perfect betrothal. But just as quickly as it had shown on his, it was washed off. “Well, I’ve taken up enough your night. I ought to let you two have some time to yourselves,” he said with a careless shrug. In that instant, someone ordered water, and he froze. True to his words, Frankie got up from his chair and turned to find a woman sitting alone being handed a glass of water by the bartender. He walked over to her as she set the glass down. Suddenly, he brought his hand down on her glass. He gave her a hard glare.

“Water is for the drunk,” he said. Frankie slid her water away from her and set his own cocktail down in its place. He picked up her water and began to drink it with gusto. “What kind of person orders water at a ball?” he inspected her but stopped at her eyes in the hopes of being to read her. “Let me ask you a few things,” he said, “Have you ever killed an animal? Or even hit someone? No no,” he leaned back, “You’re the type who dreams of marrying some lawyer. I won’t blame you. They’re plenty wealthy,” he rested an elbow on the bar as he continued to sip at his water. Frankie looked at her flower and thought back to recall if he had seen anyone else who had the same flower. When he drew a blank, he looked at her again. “Who is your betrothed anyway?” maintaining his gaze.

Samantha flinched as the man brought his hand on her glass, she had not noticed him at first. This man glared and she looked away. "I..I didn't know." She cowered as the man set the cocktail down in front of her and she saw him drink her drink up. She looked down feeling humiliated she bit her lip she felt like crying from his harshness. "me..I would.." She had a nervous look in her eyes as he looked at her making her clasp her hands in her lap tightly. 'oh..uh." She looked away looking at the cocktail as she had lost her thirst. "I don't care about those things." She said in a low voice. "I just want to be happy...." She ended before seeing him look at her flower in her hair. When she heard him ask that she sighed. "How would I know..?" She said staring down at her drink nervous to look at him.

She didn't know anyone here and it didn't help she felt more nervous than ever as this guy had taken away her drink and questioned her. She was not used to any of that and it scared her a bit. She wasn't alone curled up at home with a book. She was at a grand ball something she rather had never been to and she already felt she made a mistake by ordering water. "I actually just got here. I don't wish to cause trouble s-sir." She said feeling insecure about this environment of being judging and making her look like a fool. She never really had drunk cocktail very much mostly on a rare occasion like Christmas or thanksgiving. She decided to appease him so he would not harp about it as she made her own assumption. She moved both hands away from her lap and took shakily took her drink and sipped it and put it down. "d-does that fix my error sir." she said briefly glancing before looking away.

A.I.S.H.A. A.I.S.H.A.

Frankie watched her retreat back from his words and he raised an eyebrow at her. Perhaps the fuzziness in his mind cause his sharper side get the better of him. But why did he need to second guess himself now? Surely, this woman just needed to have a little more spunk to her. Frankie finished drinking her water before setting the glass down.
"Fix your error? Well, I don't know, what do you think of the drink?" he asked her. "And so you know, sir is named Frankie De La Rosa," he added. Frankie's eyes continued to fix themselves to her. And if she just got here, then why hadn't he seen her betrothed? There was just no way he could've been later than her. The night was in its senior time already. He looked at her, waiting for her own introduction. At the very least, he wanted to learn the name of the girl who seemed to have trouble conversing with those she'd just met. The alcohol still within him started to sway his thoughts the longer he looked at her... she was... quite beautiful, said a voice he largely ignored in that moment. He dared not fall for a woman who wasn’t meant to be his.

Last edited:
Lady Harcourt frowned, considering the note "I understand this is all intimidating but it will cause great offence to your intended's family if you pull out before meeting him. " Lady harcourt finished the tea in one gulp, placing the cup on the table and standing "One week, and if at the end something has happened I will consider it. You must try, Melissa. Who knows what could happen." with a tight and somewhat odd smile, she swept out of the room. Off to find that Eliza girl, who had been causing trouble amongst her staff. Poor James, head waiter, almost had a conniption when finding her flower.

Sgt Gomez Sgt Gomez

Elodie picks a cocktail at random and begins sipping on it, humming in pleasure at the taste. She toasts with Frankie, and smirks as he reveals his opinion of the french. She \does not see Vincent approach, but whips her head around as she hears him speak french. She knew his name sounded familiar! She must have heard of his family in her travels with her Papa. She positively beams at him and immediately replies "Je l’espère aussi, je ne voudrais pas trop vous encombrer." She notes his dishevelled appearance and pushed the plate she got for him towards the empty space in front of him "Here, eat something. You seem tired." She tells him.

She considers the night so far, and feels a little anxious at the idea of what could come next. Mostly, however, she is tired. Not tired physically but a little mentally. The alcohol wasn't helping, and she knew she would need to retire in a few hours lest she fall asleep in the middle of a conversation or god forbid a dance. Once during a particularly important party she had fallen asleep on a couch, and that would not be a good impression to make.

Both she and Frankie seem to relax a small amount at the news, and while Frankie excuses himself quite quickly she turns to face Vincent "So much for a party for the resident doctor" she jokes a little, but she is concerned and her voice gives it away. She tries to gloss over that, following with "Je suis très heureux de savoir que quelqu'un d'autre parle français ici." she places some food in her mouth, and when she is finished she adds "It will make me feel not so out of place. I sure hope it will help you as well."

Lowquta Lowquta

Last edited:
By the time Matthias had stopped talking, Lucas was bright red and flustered. "Unfair." He muttered, looking down at his hand. No man had ever made him feel sheepish, he was always the confidant and sophisticated one. Yet here he was. Blushing like a maiden, feeling his insides wobble as Matthias touched him. This was unfair. But somehow he couldn't bring himself to care.

"So what do we do now?" Lucas asked, turning to sit toward Matthias. They shouldn't do anything that involved too much physical stress, but he knew that Matthias may not be very content to sit around.

Breathless Breathless

Matthias smiled triumphantly as Lucas blushed, and accepted his title. It was strange almost how natural it felt to talk to Lucas, and how happy Matthias felt when he flirted with him. He could get used to this quickly, and he was glad he was matched up with Lucas, and no one else got him. It felt better than winning a million bucks. When Matthias was pulled out of his thoughts he looked at Lucas, who was asking him what they should do. Well there was plenty of things that Matthias could think of, but he pushed those thoughts away.

He coughed, and blushed as he spoke, "Uh well, for once I don't know what to say? A game perhaps? Rock, paper, scissors? Is that too lame for you?" Matthias mentally slapped himself after he stopped talking. Really? Rock, paper, scissors? Way to go Matthias. He shook his head slightly and chuckled, feeling amused.

MToki MToki

Frankie watched her retreat back from his words and he raised an eyebrow at her. Perhaps the fuzziness in his mind cause his sharper side get the better of him. But why did he need to second guess himself now? Surely, this woman just needed to have a little more spunk to her. Frankie finished drinking her water before setting the glass down.
"Fix your error? Well, I don't know, what do you think of the drink?" he asked her. "And so you know, sir is named Frankie De La Rosa," he added. Frankie's eyes continued to fix themselves to her. And if she just got here, then why hadn't he seen her betrothed? There was just no way he could've been later than her. The night was in its senior time already. He looked at her, waiting for her own introduction. At the very least, he wanted to learn the name of the girl who seemed to have trouble conversing with those she'd just met. The alcohol still within him started to sway his thoughts the longer he looked at her... she was... quite beautiful, said a voice he largely ignored in that moment. He dared not fall for a woman who wasn’t meant to be his.

Samatha looked seeing him raise an eyebrow. Did she offend him or confuse him? She frowned at the thought she didn't know what to do. She had never really been this close to a man especially someone like him. She watched him put down his now empty glass that was intended to be hers in the first place. She was not too pleased but she was nervous to anger him.
"Um, its fresh-tasting..." She said trying to seem like she had enjoyed it to please him. She then heard him introduce himself. "Frankie..okay." She said seeing him look into her green eyes that widened slightly. She noticed he wasn't wearing a flower. "are..you here for the party?" She asked then adverted her gaze. "and um, I am Samantha Lewis." She said quietly as she glanced back nervously noticing he still looked at her. "A-are you alright Mr. De la Rosa..?" She said as her cheeks turned red shyly blushing at being checked out by Frankie. She did not know who his betrothed was or if he even was here for the ball since his flower was missing.

Frankie nodded at her reply but couldn’t help think that he was being overbearing. How is it that now he began to feel self-conscious about his behavior? He let out a sigh, his expression softening. Frankie took the cocktail out of her way and finished it himself. “Two glasses of water, please,” he said to the waiter. “Samantha, huh? Pleasure to meet you,” he said, “And yes. I tossed out my flower, though. My betrothed has yet to show up and...,” his voice trailed off as his gaze shifted to the tables behind her.

The decorative flower pots on them were nice but one pot in particular held one flower that wasn’t matching the arrangement. Frankie’s memory returned to remind him that it was his mangled flower. He looked at the flower in Samantha’s hair. Then back at the flower in the pot. Then back at her hair again. Then at the pot. They’re the same... “Eh?” He yelped. His face suddenly flushed as the realization hit him. MMMMMMMMIERDA, Frankie spun around and looked himself over. He had gotten rid of his coat, and there was no way he looked presentable as he was right now. But he couldn’t run away! Frankie tucked in his shirt, buttoned it up, adjusted his bow tie and fixed his collar. Then he spun back around to face Samantha again. He closed his eyes and took a deep breath. Then, he put on the most playboy smile he could muster. But with his bloodied nose, bruised face and eyes, and disheveled hair, there wasn’t much the smile could do except make him look even more ridiculous than he already was. “Well, my lady-” Frankie choked up mid sentence and began coughing. It was mere coincidence that the water brought the two of them their water and Frankie quickly grabbed his glass and drank. Upon putting the glass down, he cleared his throat loudly and sat down on the stool, wide-eyed and flustered. Good job Frankie. There was no way she’d fall for you now... “So uh... my Uh.. flower,” he began to say, “Actually.. as it turns out, happens to be.. the same as your... flower,” he said struggling to string words together and finding anything and everything to look at that wasn’t her. After a moment of silence though, his gaze would skittishly find itself back in her eyes. The voice he ignored earlier was back and he heard it loud and clear... and he agreed. She was quite possibly the most beautiful woman he has ever seen. “So...” Frankie said, frantically trying to think of a way to start conversation, “do you.. like drinking water?”

Last edited:
Frankie nodded at her reply but couldn’t help think that he was being overbearing. How is it that now he began to feel self-conscious about his behavior? He let out a sigh, his expression softening. Frankie took the cocktail out of her way and finished it himself. “Two glasses of water, please,” he said to the waiter. “Samantha, huh? Pleasure to meet you,” he said, “And yes. I tossed out my flower, though. My betrothed has yet to show up and...,” his voice trailed off as his gaze shifted to the tables behind her.

The decorative flower pots on them were nice but one pot in particular held one flower that wasn’t matching the arrangement. Frankie’s memory returned to remind him that it was his mangled flower. He looked at the flower in Samantha’s hair. Then back at the flower in the pot. Then back at her hair again. Then at the pot. They’re the same... “Eh?” He yelped. His face suddenly flushed as the realization hit him. MMMMMMMMIERDA, Frankie spun around and looked himself over. He had gotten rid of his coat, and there was no way he looked presentable as he was right now. But he couldn’t run away! Frankie tucked in his shirt, buttoned it up, adjusted his bow tie and fixed his collar. Then he spun back around to face Samantha again. He closed his eyes and took a deep breath. Then, he put on the most playboy smile he could muster. But with his bloodied nose, bruised face and eyes, and disheveled hair, there wasn’t much the smile could do except make him look even more ridiculous than he already was. “Well, my lady-” Frankie choked up mid sentence and began coughing. It was mere coincidence that the water brought the two of them their water and Frankie quickly grabbed his glass and drank. Upon putting the glass down, he cleared his throat loudly and sat down on the stool, wide-eyed and flustered. Good job Frankie. There was no way she’d fall for you now... “So uh... my Uh.. flower,” he began to say, “Actually.. as it turns out, happens to be.. the same as your... flower,” he said struggling to string words together and finding anything and everything to look at that wasn’t her. After a moment of silence though, his gaze would skittishly find itself back in her eyes. The voice he ignored earlier was back and he heard it loud and clear... and he agreed. She was quite possibly the most beautiful woman he has ever seen. “So...” Frankie said, frantically trying to think of a way to start conversation, “do you.. like drinking water?”

Samantha noticed him nod and his expression soften. Maybe there was sides to him that were kind. She saw him grab the cocktail and down it before she listened to what he said about his flower after ordering them water. “I am sorry, she must of really wanted to meet you though.” She said.

She noticed his gaze shift looking at something she could not pin point. She noticed him quickly turn around and try to fix himself up. She was confused as she noticed him turn around seeing he was hurt. She gave a sympathetic gaze before she heard him say that they had matching flowers after he finished drinking some water. She noticed him look away nervously. She noticed him hesitantly look back after a moment.

Hearing him start the conversation. “Well, it seems you have noticed. I don’t mind it...” she said as she shyly looked down then grabbed a napkin dabbing it in some water and she gently touched the side of his face and wiped his bloody nose with the wet napkin. “Are you okay...?” She asked in a quiet voice.

Frankie watched her quietly as she wiped his nose with a napkin, blushing all the while like a 12 year old with his first crush. Frankie was a man among men and beasts. He hunted, boxed, and gambled. His father expected nothing short of brutal boldness and fearlessness and his mother was as strong willed as an ox. But Samantha... was so much different than what he’s known and he isn’t sure what to do about it. “Uh, yeah, I just in a fighting match with another guest here. You should been there, it was quite the show,” Frankie made an attempt to boast a little.

What he supposed to do about the situation? He never was a ladies man. His brother was a much better talker than he was. “I uh, apologize for my previous rudeness, by the way,” he said, “If you’re to be my betrothed... I ought to treat you more honorably.” Her eyes. They captivated him and it didn’t cease tangling his thoughts into a mess. If anything, he felt ashamed about how he looked. She was a beauty. A delicate dove or a blooming flower but he... well, he was nothing more than a brash, reckless creature. What’s there to love? That was when Frankie realized what was happening to great embarrassment. Samantha humbled him. Without nothing more than brining a wet napkin to his nose and pure chance, she brought sensibility and calm to his heart, the raging bull that it was. And she was all he could think of as she continued to tenderly clean his face.

Vincent lets his hand push back some of the hair that had fallen onto his face as he picks up a piece of food and brings it to his mouth, taking a bite as he lets out an almost relieved sound. She was right about the fact that the food helped brighten his mood. He chews on the piece for a moment as she speaks in french to him and once again he finds himself thinking that the match was quite excellent. He wasn't sure that he would've wed her if they met somewhere else, but he would've walked up to her, shown her his interest. She was an incredibly beautiful woman, and the fact that the two of them now shared a language along with a sense of humor and some form of physical attraction only made Vincent's chest swell further.

"Signifie que je peux vous dire tous mes secrets sans que personne d'autre ne le sache..." He says with a small chuckle as he shifts in his chair, carefully leaning himself close enough to Elodie so she could hear him when he whispers. "...And if you want, you are welcome to tell me yours, dove." He says, his voice fairly low due to the volume he was speaking at as well as how tired he was. Just because he had been stopped from enjoying a ball, didn't mean he would be stopped from some flirtatious courting.

StarxLight StarxLight

Lucas laughed at Matthias's suggestion, no intention of being rude or snide, he just found it funny how such an interesting man thought up such a simple idea. "While I would love to try my luck at rock paper scissors, I think it's about time for dinner." Careful not to jostle the bed too much, he slid off the mattress onto his feet. "I'll bring us something to eat, and in the meantime, you can think of something to do." He said, strolling over to the door, picking up his empty glass along the way. He waved a little goodbye as he headed out for some food.

Returning to the ballroom, he found that everything had calmed down quite a bit. It seemed that many had found their matches and were now in the bonding phase. He's glad that he was lucky enough to meet Matthias fairly early on. Now he felt very invested in the relationship that they had building, the initial intrigue now paying off to make way for deeper exploration of each other. Everything felt like it was going in a good, but still mysterious direction. It felt secure, rather than the terrifying unknown of their first meeting.

Lucas rolled his shoulders as he approached the food table. It appears that they have begun serving heartier meals as it was quickly becoming dinner time. He picked up two plates and began piling on any foods that he thought looked particularly interesting or delicious. While he did not have much experience in the culinary arts, he always liked trying new things. Pleased with the smorgasbord he's made, the blonde politely asked one of the staff for a tray, which was promptly brought to him. He thanked them, delicately placing the plates, silverware, napkins, and glasses of water, having retired his old cup of rum to be left on the counter.

He shouldn't fuss over how plate of food looked, he knew Matthias wouldn't care, but he did anyway, because that just who he was. Presentation, whether it be with oneself or a tray of various foods, must be taken seriously. Because while there were people like Mattias, who probably couldn't care less of how something looked, there will always be those who judge appearances. Lucas even went so far as to rearrange the food to compliment each one's color pallet. His mother said that it was obsessive, much like how he would organize his books a certain way, catalog newspapers, or carefully order his sketchbooks, she didn't approve of it.

When all was set and done, and Lucas was satisfied, he wiped his hands, preparing to return to the room.

Breathless Breathless

Frankie watched her quietly as she wiped his nose with a napkin, blushing all the while like a 12 year old with his first crush. Frankie was a man among men and beasts. He hunted, boxed, and gambled. His father expected nothing short of brutal boldness and fearlessness and his mother was as strong willed as an ox. But Samantha... was so much different than what he’s known and he isn’t sure what to do about it. “Uh, yeah, I just in a fighting match with another guest here. You should been there, it was quite the show,” Frankie made an attempt to boast a little.

What he supposed to do about the situation? He never was a ladies man. His brother was a much better talker than he was. “I uh, apologize for my previous rudeness, by the way,” he said, “If you’re to be my betrothed... I ought to treat you more honorably.” Her eyes. They captivated him and it didn’t cease tangling his thoughts into a mess. If anything, he felt ashamed about how he looked. She was a beauty. A delicate dove or a blooming flower but he... well, he was nothing more than a brash, reckless creature. What’s there to love? That was when Frankie realized what was happening to great embarrassment. Samantha humbled him. Without nothing more than brining a wet napkin to his nose and pure chance, she brought sensibility and calm to his heart, the raging bull that it was. And she was all he could think of as she continued to tenderly clean his face.

Samantha shyly looked at him her cheeks rosey as a rose as she dabbed his nose with the wet napkin. She was being gentle not to cause the man pain. She heard him boast a bit and she cracked a smile. “Well...looks like you might have won.” She said then it got silent before he spoke again.

She seemed very forgiving and she had finished wiping the blood off his nose giving a gentle gaze. ““You should heal fine...and i am not mad Frankie. You probably didn’t mean it anyway.” She said then blushed flattered hearing his genuine apology. “Both of us have to Frankie...you are right..i am your betrothed.” She said shifting her gaze extremely shy and flustered. She didn’t necessarily care he looked terrible. Looks weren’t everything to look for in a husband. She neatly set the napkin down as red ringlets strayed from her bun that was neatly done with a carnation in her hair.

"I would be more than happy to get out of this crazy ballroom," a hint of amusement on his voice as he accepted her hand. Leading his betrothed out of the room and away from the chatter that was held inside he enjoyed the fresh air that came with it. Delighted to see the flowers yet again as he took to walking his betrothed around the area. "My friend was telling me about the flowers when we were walking out here, saying that I would be a Tiger Lily if I was a flower. So I do have a mystery to solve in what their meaning is," he wanted to talk to her about everything that he's experience, especially the fight that she came in late for. He needed to try and reel himself back in. "I must say that I enjoy when I can walk out under the stars. I'd love it more if you were always accompanying me on them," giving a gentle squeeze to her hand as he said this. He could simple imagine it now how they'd walk beneath the stars and she'd tell him about her day as they went.

He felt like a child with how much he wanted to talk and hear his betroths' voice. It was as if he wanted to make sure he could keep hearing her voice, that it didn't matter what the actual topic was about. "Do you enjoy nature? I've always had a fondness for being around trees and flowers," he was a bit nervous as he asked this. In truth he wanted to see if maybe, by chance, that his one would possible entertain him with the though of climbing into a tree with him. He's never had someone who'd willingly go up and sit on a branch with him. The view from up in a tree was always in his heart, he enjoyed simple being up there.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back