• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

Realistic or Modern Harcourt Ball (Open)

Characters
Here
Sitting on the couch next to his betrothed he felt as if this was something he'd want to happen often. Simple being by her side. When she put her own hands right back on him he couldn't help but keep a smile on his face. His mood pushing away any worries that could sprout up as he looked into those blue eyes which seemed to be as deep as the sea. "I would say clock making is very interesting, but I also have a fondness for it that could influence that," giving a low laugh at his obvious bias towards his work he felt delighted they seemed interested in his work. "Some of my pieces are painted though only if it is requested by a customer. I am not exactly a famous painter myself though I can certainly stay within the groves that I make as an outline,"

When she leaned closer he subconsciously leaned in with her. Listening to her words he couldn't help but feel how much he worried before about his own rather boring life. "I will admit, I myself do not find my own interests or life as exciting which leads me to be worried about coming off as a bore. However.. With you, I don't think that would be much a problem. I do not feel the need to be someone who can tell tales and keep a crowds attention.." he paused as he swallowed down the hesitation to continue. "I do believe that, well I'd much rather simple have your own. I hope that you feel the same at some point. I do not believe myself to be someone who needs such flashy things to keep my own interest on someone. I do not wish to control your life either as I feel if we are to be wed together if you so wish to continue through with it, that it is an equal partnership,"

Feeling the happiness of being so free to talk with the one he was betrothed to seemed to leave his chest feeling warm. It was as if cold could never phase him in this moment. "I will never force you to do anything you do not wish. I can not do that to someone, especially not someone I may spend the rest of my life with," after he said this, his betrothed. The beautiful angel who sat beside him told him what she wanted to do. He could have melted right there as she told him something that seemed so personal. A slight damper when mentioning her parents did not like this life choice. He, however, was not her parents. As she hoped he would not lose his kindness from such a wish he felt her hand move away from him.

He would not stand for this. Gently he moved his hand to grab hers and move it to his heart. A bit hesitantly he moved his other to cup her cheek and have her look into his eyes. "My dear, I would never do such a thing. My kindness would not be taken away by such an extraordinary life wish. I would love nothing more than to see you paint. If I may be so bold as to say.. I'd love to see your work on one of my own clocks,"

MedievalFanatic2023 MedievalFanatic2023

"Doctorated? Not long I'm afraid but I've worked under my father for some time now, almost going on eight years I believe. I'm not nearly as experienced as he is but I'm confident I could take care of any minor inconvenience that might come along during our stay here." As if on queue, he could hear the sound of a gunshot echoing from the outside through the ballroom. Vincent found himself questioning if his father had put him up to this event to get married or to test him as a medical professional for a second, but he shifts as he gently removes his hand from Elodie's back, excusing himself as he headed towards the doors, almost in a rush to check for the safety of anyone who might have been outside at that moment.

On his way, the sound of another gunshot was heard, accompanied with the sound of glass breaking and the sight of the two drunken idiots he found when he opened the door made all the worry in his heart disappear and quickly become replaced by the same feeling of amusement as seeing two toddlers trying to play. "Hey! What did I say about getting yourself into dangerous situations, hm?" He calls out to the two of them as he begins walking towards them, seeing the broken glass where Frankie had shot it just moments prior.

"Ah, shooting range? Who's in the lead?" He asks them, deciding that if he was going to keep an eye on them, starting a fight with either wasn't the wisest idea. He'd just enjoy the show, make sure nobody got hurt and then let them suffer through their headaches when they sobered up, maybe help one of them if he liked them enough.

A.I.S.H.A. A.I.S.H.A. Alvaris Alvaris Breathless Breathless

Sitting on the couch next to his betrothed he felt as if this was something he'd want to happen often. Simple being by her side. When she put her own hands right back on him he couldn't help but keep a smile on his face. His mood pushing away any worries that could sprout up as he looked into those blue eyes which seemed to be as deep as the sea. "I would say clock making is very interesting, but I also have a fondness for it that could influence that," giving a low laugh at his obvious bias towards his work he felt delighted they seemed interested in his work. "Some of my pieces are painted though only if it is requested by a customer. I am not exactly a famous painter myself though I can certainly stay within the groves that I make as an outline,"

When she leaned closer he subconsciously leaned in with her. Listening to her words he couldn't help but feel how much he worried before about his own rather boring life. "I will admit, I myself do not find my own interests or life as exciting which leads me to be worried about coming off as a bore. However.. With you, I don't think that would be much a problem. I do not feel the need to be someone who can tell tales and keep a crowds attention.." he paused as he swallowed down the hesitation to continue. "I do believe that, well I'd much rather simple have your own. I hope that you feel the same at some point. I do not believe myself to be someone who needs such flashy things to keep my own interest on someone. I do not wish to control your life either as I feel if we are to be wed together if you so wish to continue through with it, that it is an equal partnership,"

Feeling the happiness of being so free to talk with the one he was betrothed to seemed to leave his chest feeling warm. It was as if cold could never phase him in this moment. "I will never force you to do anything you do not wish. I can not do that to someone, especially not someone I may spend the rest of my life with," after he said this, his betrothed. The beautiful angel who sat beside him told him what she wanted to do. He could have melted right there as she told him something that seemed so personal. A slight damper when mentioning her parents did not like this life choice. He, however, was not her parents. As she hoped he would not lose his kindness from such a wish he felt her hand move away from him.

He would not stand for this. Gently he moved his hand to grab hers and move it to his heart. A bit hesitantly he moved his other to cup her cheek and have her look into his eyes. "My dear, I would never do such a thing. My kindness would not be taken away by such an extraordinary life wish. I would love nothing more than to see you paint. If I may be so bold as to say.. I'd love to see your work on one of my own clocks,"

She looked back to him and smiled back as they looked into each others eyes. “You seem passionate about your work though. Having thoughts how it influences others is a special thing to feel.” She said and sighs. “I want to be as good as them.” She admitted.

As she was telling something personal and important to her as she had noticed she should do the same. Hearing his response relieved her. He would not force her to be someone she is not. She knew she got so lucky to be paired with Ezra he wasn’t rude or mean he was everything anyone would ever want in a special someone. She thought he deserved better though.

She had moved her hand away to feel him grab it and put it close to his heart and his free hand hold the side of her face. Hearing what he said made her heart flutter. He was being so passionate. He accepted her for her different life choices. She heard him end with a bold statement of letting her paint one of his clocks. A single tear slid down her cheek. “Oh Ezra..., that means alot.” She said quietly as she moved her left hand that was free and leaned close and kissed his cheek.

Last edited:
He could not tell you how long it was that he simple stared as his betrothed with clear adoration in his eyes. The gentle kiss placed on his cheek left him seeing the stars his friend told him to look up to. He did not think he needed to look up anymore to see something that would shine in his life and keep away his worries. One worry was making it's way through however. What would she ever think of a man who enjoyed to climb trees? Or run through water and not care if he got dirt on his clothes. "I hope to also mean a lot to you one day," His attention was cut short as he jumped from the sound of a gun going off, quickly looking to the source with wide eyes. "What was.." as he looked in question he saw Vincent rushing to the source before another went off.

Clearly startled by what happened he looked back to Farah. "Well it seems someone is having a rather interesting time now," he gave a small laugh at that, though he was certainly worried about what the gun shots were for. He was no doctor so he didn't think he'd be of much help if someone did get hurt. "Ah.. I was wondering however. Do you enjoy dancing?" he was nervous to look into their eyes after asking this. He had hoped to take to the floor with the one he was to be wed to.

She looked back at him unable able to look away as he had dreamy eyes and long locks she could put her fingers threw. When she had kissed his cheek her heart had felt it was going to beat out of her chest. She was afraid of him rejecting her love even though it was evident that he seemed to have feelings for her. When she finally heard his response he hoped for that he would mean something to her. She was flustered and leaned closer about respond before she could she heard the gunshot letting out a startled scream as unexpected loud noises tended to do that to her. "i-um...don't know.." She admitted and glanced noticing vincent slightly but gripped the front of Ezra's shirt. What if she got shot? Her mind roomed of bad thoughts.

She looked up to him and heard his comment and small laugh. "Undoubtfully not favoring anyone else though.." She said as there was a small pause before she heard him change the subject. Dancing would definitely help her mind off this situation. Plus this would be a good chance to dance with him, he said he liked dancing after all. "I don't mind it, Ezra," she said trying her best not to worry about what was happening around them. She slid her arms around his neck. "Lets dance then.." She said gently her blue eyes sparkling a bit in a happy vibe.

NighttimeForest NighttimeForest

Matthias blinked, and squinted as the man rambled about rum, his family, and sometimes spoke in Spanish. Matthias didn't know Spanish, but he knew two words. He flinched as Frankie grabbed, and shook Matthias. Frankie was really a character, and usually Matthias would be slightly nervous, but this was drunk Matthias. He was excited, and slightly nervous. When the gun went off, and Frankie said that he was actually going to put a gun in Matthias's hands, the boy smiled.

Matthias looked toward the very frightened waiter, winking at them. "Y..YoU HEARd the man now please, be a dear, and fetch us the booooze." He looked at Frankie, and his scary eyes, while nervously, but happily saying, "uh....Sí?"

He tried moving out of Frankie's grip by pushing against his side, but to no avail. "Holy mother of god, I need to work out more," He mumbled under his breath. He was getting frustrated being pushed around. He was a strong, big, man, and he was not about to have Mr. Macho bully him around.

"ExCuSe me, ReLeAsE mE You GiAnT."

He coughed, and spoke again, "Uh..haha, please..?"

A.I.S.H.A. A.I.S.H.A.
"Doctorated? Not long I'm afraid but I've worked under my father for some time now, almost going on eight years I believe. I'm not nearly as experienced as he is but I'm confident I could take care of any minor inconvenience that might come along during our stay here." As if on queue, he could hear the sound of a gunshot echoing from the outside through the ballroom. Vincent found himself questioning if his father had put him up to this event to get married or to test him as a medical professional for a second, but he shifts as he gently removes his hand from Elodie's back, excusing himself as he headed towards the doors, almost in a rush to check for the safety of anyone who might have been outside at that moment.

On his way, the sound of another gunshot was heard, accompanied with the sound of glass breaking and the sight of the two drunken idiots he found when he opened the door made all the worry in his heart disappear and quickly become replaced by the same feeling of amusement as seeing two toddlers trying to play. "Hey! What did I say about getting yourself into dangerous situations, hm?" He calls out to the two of them as he begins walking towards them, seeing the broken glass where Frankie had shot it just moments prior.

"Ah, shooting range? Who's in the lead?" He asks them, deciding that if he was going to keep an eye on them, starting a fight with either wasn't the wisest idea. He'd just enjoy the show, make sure nobody got hurt and then let them suffer through their headaches when they sobered up, maybe help one of them if he liked them enough.

A.I.S.H.A. A.I.S.H.A. Alvaris Alvaris Breathless Breathless

Frankie chuckled before letting Matthias go and he started to reload the pistol as he waited for the waiter to return. That was when Vincent joined them. "What do you know! Doc wants to take few shots himself," he announced as if he weren't giving Vincent the chance to refuse. "The lead?" Frankie stopped reloading for a moment to give a heartful laugh. "I feel pity for those who shoot to keep score," he said, resuming the process until he finished it. Then he stopped for a moment and looked at Vincent, "Not that I'm saying you're one of them. Many people don't understand the true passion for shooting," he inspects the gun for a moment before handing it to Matthias. "It's loaded so keep your finger off the trigger." The waiter returns with a bucket of bottles, most empty but a few with alcohol inside. He picks up an empty bottle and flips it in the air before catching it and walking towards the fountain to place the bottle as a target. "The secret to shooting isn't simply to hit your target. It's about the thrill of shot. Those careful seconds right before you pull the trigger where you can hear your own breath slow, feel your heartbeat pumping in your chest," he said as he walked back over to the two of them, picking a bottle and opening it to take a swig. "My Papa made sure I knew that from when he gave me my first slingshot," he stopped for a moment to think fondly of the moment before resuming the conversation.

"Alright Matthias, I'll tell you how it works so that you can take the shot," he said, getting next to him to guide his hands in front of him. "See this pip right here?" Frankie said, indicating the cursor, "Make sure that's on the bottle, it tells you what you're aiming at." He glanced at the bottle then back at the gun. "Once you're ready, put your finger on the trigger and slowly squeeze. Slowly. Let the shot surprise you," Frankie drank from the bottle for a moment before stepping back to stand next to Vincent. "You're next, Doc," Frankie stated as he crossed his arms and watched Matthias take the shot.

Breathless Breathless Lowquta Lowquta

The night simple seemed to be going to every best possibility for Ezra. Overjoyed that Farah had accepted the dance as they wrapped their arms around him he couldn't help but think how lucky he was. He simple couldn't help himself as at first he gently started to sway them out to the dance floor, his hands at her waist as he stared into her eyes which shined brighter than any star could hope to be. As if a movement all on his own he wrapped his arms around her more as he picked her off the floor and spun her around before setting her back down. Realizing he just swept his betrothed off her feet, and not in a romantic way but actually doing it, he quickly set into how he was suppose to be dancing as he cleared his throat.

"I apologize for that. I suppose I was a little overjoyed that you accepted," Looking away briefly as he said this he soon pushed himself to look back at Farah. He wanted to tell her so much and hear her tell him about her own life."My mother loved dancing though the shop took up their time so they often simple danced after hours with my father. I learned from them since well it always seemed like it was fun," the memory was a sweet one. He wished that she was his first dance outside of his family. He had no time for sour thoughts however, his betrothed was here with him. "In honesty, I often liked to try and practice on my own time. I feel having an actual partner makes it much sweeter," A smile on his face as he couldn't help but try to put his betrothed face into his memory.

Farah felt him wrap his arms wrap around him after she did. She felt him start to sway and she followed swaying as well. She felt an indescribable feeling, it was a safe kind of feeling of being in his arms. A blush formed on her cheeks as she looked back into his. He was so gentle and sweet in a genuine way so far she had seen it was only the first day but they were hitting it off pretty well. She suddenly felt her self be picked up and spun around. It felt it bit fun she held the back of his head but noticed him stop and set her back down. She heard him clear his thought after that.

"Don't apologize, I liked it." She admitted as she noticed him looked away then look back. When he used his mother in the past tense she realized his parents were probably deceased but she didn't want to upset him so she smiled. "Your mother sounds lovely. She taught you well even just for fun. Dancing is supposed to be for enjoyment too." She smiled gently hearing the last bit. "I don't mind being your dance partner." She said sweetly at his comment offering something of herself since he did the same for her. She leaned closer to him laying her head against his chest swaying softly letting him have his moment with her. He definitely earned that feeling from her.

Matthias turned his head around to look at the new man approaching. He wasn't sure if he had met him or not, his mind was too fuzzy to try and remember. "Hi-loo, I am Matthias Abbott, pleasure to make your acquaintance good sir. I am shooting, and I'm obviously in the lead, don't listen to the giant. He is um very drunk. I am the conscious adult here."

Matthias triumphantly smiled, as he realized he barely slurred. His pearly white Abbott smile shining bright. He had learned that the man was a Doctor, but it didn't really matter because he wouldn't remember anyway. He was then ushered to pay attention as a gun was pushed into his hands. Frankie, the giant was rambling about stuff, but it hurt the boy's mind to try, and decipher all that. All he could think of was gun, his hand, bottle. Let's see if he can shoot it.

Wait? He is supposed to shoot two bottles? His sight was slightly doubled making it difficult to tell which was the real bottle. He shrugged his shoulders, and aimed the gun, making sure to squint one of his eyes, as if that would help him see better. As the gun was shot off, it really did surprise Matthias. The boy jumped in fright, and the bullet shot out spiraling toward the bottle, and shooting past the very tip of the bottle.

Eh close enough, but there were bigger problems to deal with at the moment. As Matthias dropped the gun in fright he tried catching it, his finger slipping, and bullet flying out of the machine. Saying that Matthias sobered up quickly in the moment, was an understatement. The boy was from zero to one hundred real quick as the bullet shot toward the ground, but slicing deep into the skin on his left lower hip. Matthias's eyes widened massively, but he wasn't feeling any pain. He played himself off real smooth too.

He smiled that persuasive Abbott smile, while rubbing the back of his head. "Well, we learned shooting is not my thing, and I really really have to pee. Oh, and sorry about the wasted bullet Frankie, it shot somewhere that way." The boy pointed somewhere into the distance. With that, Matthias immediately left as quickly as his hip would allow, he didn't stop anywhere along the way, avoiding eye contact, and conversation. He quickly went up to his room, stripping off his white bloody shirt, and throwing it onto the middle of the floor. The bottom of the once clean shirt was now thick with red blood. It was the part of his shirt that was tucked into his pants, which now really hurt because his belt was pressing into the wound.

Despite Matthias's soft demeanor he swore as he looked down at his hip. He undid his belt, and threw it to the ground. He had quickly changed out of his pants, and into some shorts. The shock factor had quickly left him, and the pain was horrific, at least for Matthias. He had never been shot before. He didn't bother putting on another shirt, why dirty a new one?

He realized how stupid it was to run away from a doctor, but he felt so stupid, and scared. This is why he didn't drink. He sat down on his bed, and held in his tears, as he tried to pull the bullet out of his body, all by himself. The pain winded him, and made it hard to breath.

"Stupid, stupid boy." As Matthias was now on his bed, fingers in wound, the world slightly started to fade. He wasn't sure why, but it scared him, he couldn't be dying, it was just his hip, but nevertheless he stood up to try and regain his composure, but the pain of the wound, and the short breaths gave in to gravity, and he immediately hit the ground with a thump, landing on his back, and hitting his head on the carpeted floor.

A.I.S.H.A. A.I.S.H.A. Lowquta Lowquta

Elodie beamed at Adalia and exclaimed "Oh, how lovely!" she reached out to hold her acquaintances hands between hers for a moment "I am so glad it has worked out for you, tonight." She let the woman's hand go and smiled at everyone else "Miss Elodie Hale, it's a pleasure. I am afraid however, I am in need of some food. Doctors orders." she smiled, and left. The had barely begun looking over the food, a bun in her hand and Vincent coming to check in (which, was sweet of him, she thought) when the gunshots rang out. Elodie let out a short scream, but she calmed herself quickly. She was used to this kind of chaos. Violence was somewhat common in her home town at the moment, with quite a lot of revolutionary idealists living in town. Not only had she learned to deal with it but she learned how to focus during such events. She took in a deep breath, and took a handful of food although she was sure she was sober enough now.

She follows Vincent outside, albeit giving herself a moment to calm. She is almost relieved to see that it is just Mister De La Rosa. A drunken man with a gun was still dangerous, but a drunken man with a gun was better than a man with a vendetta. "Oh my goodness." she says, upon seeing Matthias in the mix. Just as soon as she is able to make everything out, her eyes on Matthias as he does not seem to be very sober the gun drops, and she arrives just in time to see it all. She yelps, hand over her heart as she takes more calming breaths. Matthias leaves in what seems like a hurry. She blinks a few times, gathering her thoughts. That did not seem right. The gun had not been pointing in that direction. . .

She steps forward cautiously "I am sorry for intruding, the gunshots gave me such a shock. I haven't heard gunshots in a strictly competitive way in a while.". Taking in the scene she comes forward and rests a hand on Vincent's arm "I do believe Matthias may have been bluffing. The gun was pointing inwards when it dropped, and he pointed the opposite way. You may have to check in on him." She turned to address Frankie "Meanwhile, they seem to be talking about bringing out some food that isn't strictly for nibbling. Would you mind accompanying me in, Mister De La Rosa? Vincent here is a little worried your wonderful rum may go to my head if I don't eat. I almost had a fainting spell, earlier, you see."

Lowquta Lowquta A.I.S.H.A. A.I.S.H.A. Breathless Breathless

"I- The kid's aware of the fact that I can help him, right?" He says to the two of them as he watched Matthias rush out of the room, making a quick exit in one direction. He picks up the gun, turning it around a couple of times before he figures how to empty the gun of shots, so he does. He unloads it, looking back at Frankie with a slightly raised brow. "I need to go check on this kid before he freaks out and gets the wound corrupted or anything of the like. Go and rest your head before you make a complete fool out of yourself, señor...Just solid advice, not as a doctor, but rather a consumer...nobody wants to drink something made by a man with an enlarged head...intensity is bad for business." He says as he drops the gun into the bucket of bottles, giving his betrothed a gentle squeeze on the arm as he smiles apologetically. "I truly apologize for the commotion, my dear. I will be back shortly...I promise" He says, a comforting look in his eyes as he smiles at her, leaving her in the hands of the young De La Rosa as he heads off to check on Matthias.

He didn't even need to be drunk to be rewarded with a pounding headache, already forced to care for so many people. He lets one of his hand run back through his hair, some of the neat styling falling out of its place and down onto his face as he walks back inside, his eyes scanning the room for any traces of the wounded man. Logically he assumes that the first place the man would go would be his room only because he would most likely try to change out of his clothes and wash himself off. He grabs the attention of one of the servants, his voice gentle as he asks for the room of Matthias and is promptly escorted towards the room once describing his errand. He knocks a few times on the door once he's arrived, but with no reply, he eventually is prompted to open the door himself and appropriately so, he finds the young man on the floor, pale as a ghost.

He knew that doing this outside of his office back at home was extremely inefficient, but then again, he would just treat this as one of his home visits. He did not have his tools. but he'd make do with what he had here. Matthias is surprisingly light as he picks him up to put him back on the bed, quickly making sure to remove his jacket and roll up his sleeves. "Quite the prize you won for yourself..." He mumbles more so into thin air than to the barely conscious young man. He looks around the room for a solid second, deciding to settle for the previously discarded shirt as he picks it up, placing it on the bed next to the man before he walks to the door, asking for a bottle of strong liquor, some warm water, a towel and bandages from the servants, deciding to drag the chair by the desk to the side of the bed as he waited for the necessary tools.

He's quite quick with his actions once said material arrives, making sure to clean his hands with the lukewarm water before he removes the belt from around his waist, placing the leather between Matthias' lips as he looks at the barely conscious man. "This is going to hurt, bite down on this so you don't lose your tongue." He instructs him even though the man might not be conscious enough to take said instructions. Afterward, he makes sure to discard his pants too, leaving the man in his undergarments, which he also peels down on one side to reach the wound. It takes some pressure, precision and most of all time to dig the small bullet out of the man's thigh, his own hands covered in thick crimson as he tosses the little shrapnel onto the tray of supplies he had been given by the servants. He wipes the sweat off his brow with the clean part of his arm, grabbing the bottle and undoing the cap with his teeth before pouring the clear liquid in a steady stream onto the wound. It's an extremely painful process for Matthias, but Vincent hoped that whatever sobriety he had been missing when firing off that gun had remained. He cleans off his hand in the bowl of water once more, wiping them with the towel before putting the compress on the wound. He wraps it in thick, white gauze afterward, grabbing the bottle once more and taking a long swig out of it as he leaned back in the chair, his hair more or less of a mess at this point. At least the kid was steady now.

Once leaving the bloodied supplies back to the servants for disposal, he heads back down to the ballroom, forgetting the jacket in Matt's room. He is still more or less of a mess once he rejoins the party.

Breathless Breathless StarxLight StarxLight A.I.S.H.A. A.I.S.H.A.

Lady Harcourt prided herself on being an imposing woman. She had often been likened to strict nannies and tutors. She was too old for either now, and far too rich but this only helped her reputation as a matchmaker. This lot of children had been somewhat . . . tiring to deal with and she was glad that she had not brought out the fancy china. How so many families who had all the riches in the world managed to break so much, she would never know. She had been altered to many different incidents tonight, ones she would have to keep an eye on. There was of the course the ladies and their propensity to faint. That Thaddeus boy, his reputation had definitely proceeded him. The gunshots, but more pressingly one of her charges engaged in a romantic relationship with her maid.

She had barked ordered at the waiters to start serving heartier food before the young adults got so drunk there was accidental babies. She was currently walking down a hall, towards where she was advised the Lady in question was. She had her hair up in a tight, grey bun and a simple dress of grey on. She was not dressed for festivities. In her hands she held a quill, a bottle of ink and some parchment. The lady she was going to see was almost mute, and she intended to have a conversation.

The girl had clearly been crying, and Lady Harcourt spoke in a crisp, matter of fact tone "Melissa, I believe we need to have a talk." Gesturing for the young girl to follow her, she turned on her feet and led her into a small entertaining parlour. There was tea on the table already, and she placed the parchment and quill down as well. "Sit down, dear. Have a cup of tea and tell me what is going on." the tone was not unkind, but not overly mothering either.

Sgt Gomez Sgt Gomez

Lucas watched as people came and went, but kept a polite smile on his face, nodding in acknowledgment at appropriate times and such. Then Matthias walked out to investigate, and Lucas just let him go. The man was an adult, he didn't need to be supervised or chaperoned, he might be a little young, but he could handle himself. The blonde simply walked over to the bar and made small talk to the staff there.

He found conversation to be easier now that he had a few glasses of rum down, it was making him open up a little. At every formal event he's been to, he's found that after a few drinks he becomes a much more social person. The alcohol made him forget for a moment that he isn't at a ball that defined the rest of his life, where all the stress seemed to fade. He was just at a bar, at a formal gathering. No life changing events, no future to worry about, no father to please. Just a man, a bar, and a drink.

Then he heard a loud bang come from outside. Lucas jolted at the sound, turning to the direction of the courtyard. Another one? He thought. Someone must be having a lot of fun. Being a simple man, he chose to ignore it, shrugging off the next few as well.

That was until he saw from the corner of his eye, a very panicked Matthias hurriedly made his way to his room. Two thoughts entered Lucas's mind. Either his husband-to-be has just shot himself, or he's accidentally shot, perhaps killed, someone else. Both of which were bad, but one was a little harder to handle. The first one was a little more worrying than the second. He's not trained in anything regarding the human body, so if Matthias did shoot himself, he'd be of no use. In all honesty, he could probably deal with the second one, emergency cabin in Switzerland, a ridiculous amount of money, a good poker face, and all that.

Concerned about his betrothed, he made his way to the other's quarters, a glass of rum still in his hand. He wasn't a lightweight by any means, but he's unconsciously had quite a few glasses of rum, almost half a bottle to be specific, so his steps weren't exactly the most graceful. Carefully, he followed the trail of blood specks and panicked servants to a room, where a man, presumably a doctor, was leaving. Stumbling his way inside, thinking nothing of the fact that Matthias was almost naked, he crouched down next to him.

"Well, it looks like you've had quite a lot of fun." Normally, he wouldn't joke at a time like this, but he's passed tipsy at this point. He chuckled into the cup of liquor as he took a sip. "What a mess. You've shot yourself, I'm drunk and slightly damp, and I don't think half the people at this ball even give a damn about who they are to marry." The blonde got up, finishing his glass and setting it down on the bedside table. "I honestly don't know if you're even conscious." As he spoke, he carefully folded the bedsheets over onto Matthias. "Which, quite frankly, might be for the best." Giving one last look at his betrothed, Lucas drunkenly made his way to the doorway.

Breathless Breathless

Melissa gasped as The lady of the manor approached her and told her to follow the woman. Melissa's eyes widened as she knew that somehow someone had seen them...kiss...The girl gulped and slowly followed the woman. They appeared to walk into a small parlor before Lady Harcourt set down the quill, paper, and ink and told her to explain everything. Melissa shakily sat down and stared at the paper. What was she supposed to say? That she loved her best friend? The Lady would think she was insane and send her home....her family would be even more disappointed in her.

Melissa reached for the quill and dipped it in the ink well before beginning to write down her thoughts and feelings. She decided to be honest with the lady, to just get everything off her chest. "My parents only sent me here to get rid of me. I am useless to them unless I am married off. I know noone here except my maid. I care deeply for her and in a moment of weakness made me kiss her...." She passes the paper over to Lady Harcourt hoping the woman would not be furious.

StarxLight StarxLight

The moment the second gunshot when off, Frankie’s smile faded. He could feel the alcohol draining from his head and moving down to his gut as glanced nervously at Vincent before watching Matthias walk off. Upon hearing the doctor’s words, his expression turned to a scowl. What did he know about business, much less the kind of business that his family conquered with that very intensity? He looked at his gun for a moment before decided that was enough for tonight. If he wasn’t having fun, the party was dead to him.

A mounting worry ate away at him, however. Matthias’ well-being was his responsibility. It was his gun he used after all. A less than happy expression was now sitting on his face as he watched Vince follow after Matthias. “Gringos...” he muttered bitterly. He turned to Elodie and shook his head. “I will join you but only after I pay Matthias a visit myself,” he said curtly before walking off. As shameful as it was, he decided he was going to, at the very least, make sure Matthias would be ok. He took off his straw hat and began spinning it in his hands to busy himself as he walked down the hallway. He watched Vincent quietly treat Matthias for a bit from the doorway before deciding that was enough. Before Vincent even finished extracting the bullet, Frankie turned around and walked back to the ballroom. He glanced at Lucas as he crossed him in the hallway but didn’t say a word. He reloaded the pistol but didn’t pull back the hammer rendering the gun unable to fire until it was.

Frankie sat down the bar and began making a cocktail as he waited for Elodie to find him with some food. It wasn’t for himself more than it was just a therapeutic task to busy himself. When he finished the first drink, he set it aside and began making another. And another and another, forming a row of drinks ranging from the colors pink, to red, to orange, yellow and light green. Frankie sighed. What he would do to chew on some sugar cane right now. He looked at the display of cocktails before him and picked one up randomly. Sipping on it gingerly, he turned around on the stool to see Vincent was now back in the ballroom.

StarxLight StarxLight Lowquta Lowquta

Mentioned: Breathless Breathless MToki MToki

Matthias had been in a lot of pain as Vincent worked diligently on his hip. He grunted, and groaned, biting down on whatever was in his mouth. He was conscious, and exhausted by the time Vincent was done, and left. Matthias didn't even get to thank him or apologize. He even thought he saw Frankie out of the corner of his eye, but he wasn't sure.

The final thing that crushed him was when he saw Lucas walking into the room, and speaking to him. He was in fact listening, and aware of what he was saying. He just didn't know how to respond. He made a big fool of himself. He made some people worry, and even took them away from their betrothed. He was being selfish, he felt tears forming, but he wasn't going to let them fall. He weakly reached up, and pulled the belt out of his mouth as Lucas was about to leave the room.

He spoke out loud to Lucas. "So, that was pretty crazy for our first meeting. I don't think you can handle me Mr. Lucas." He smiled that Abbott smile, and just for now, buried that sadness, and remorse deep deep down. "Would you stay a while? Or should I get up and come out with you?" Matthias was half joking about getting up, but maybe it was for the best. He wasn't weak he could get up.

He slowly sat up, but once trying to move his leg off the bed, he made a soft hissing noise, and just sat there with his back against the wall. "Yeah, I don't think that's happening captain."

Mention(s) Lowquta Lowquta A.I.S.H.A. A.I.S.H.A. MToki MToki

Lucas stopped his wobbly movements as the weak voice of Matthias reached him. He whipped around a little too fast, causing him to stumble and lean against a wall. "Stay?" He let out a hearty laugh. "Why, I'd love to. But for the sake of my innocence, and yours too, I'd have to insist you clothe yourself." The blonde flushed a little red, chuckling at his own comment.

A wave of panic washed over him as he saw Matthias attempt to get up. "No! Don't move." Lucas shouted, less so in an aggressive way and more like warning. "Here, let me just..." In his intoxicated thought process, he tried to come up with the best way to handle all of this. Matthias definitely should not move, because that's painful and bad for healing. Standing or sitting would also be very painful, so he should lay down.

Lucas, being drunken genius he was, decided the best course of action was to pick up Matthias, lay him on the bed and tuck him in. While doing all of this, his mouth rambled on. "Alright, I'm going to pick you up now, there's a small chance this could end terribly." Careful to avoid the hip, Lucas scooped up Matthias into his arms. "I know you're not a child, but listen, I'm going to tuck you in, because that's safe and probably comfortable. I'm not at my best right now, and you aren't either, so maybe we should both relax. I'll, I don't know, sit on the ground or something." He slowly walked toward the other side of the bed to gently place the man down. "You should definitely rest, that hip needs to stay still to heal. My lord, I sound like my mother. I can get you some food if you'd like. I know I said you should get dressed, but at this point, I don't think it matters." Through his random mumbling, he covered Matthias in a blanket, fluffing up the pillows, and neatly tucking him in.

Satisfied with his work, he sat down on the floor next to him, leaning against the nightstand. "You should definitely stay away from weapon from now on."

Breathless Breathless

Matthias smiled, as Lucas agreed to stay, and blushed as he remembered how he looked. He looked down at his dark skin, and wondered how he would attempt to dress. When the boy tried getting up, his betrothed fussed over him, by picking him up, tucking him in, and insisting he rest. It was really cute to see Lucas this way. He smiled as Lucas rambled on and on.

"Food? I can't even imagine trying to eat at this moment, love." He yawned, and then laughed at what Lucas had said. "Yes definitely not going near any weapons." He then frowned as he looked down at Lucas. "Why sit on the floor? It must be uncomfortable. Get up here. I know I am not dressed at my best, but you are my future husband, there will be things seen. Well that is if I can sweep you off your feet." Matthias smiled down at Lucas on the floor. Even though Lucas was drunk he was still charming, and polite.

"On top of that, I have blankets on, they're in style. Very fancy indeed." Matthias was mimicking a very posh accent as he joked about the sheets. Despite everything that happened, they were still able to make jokes, and Matthias needed that, wanted that in his life.

MToki MToki

He was shocked when she said she actually liked it. He felt like his rather childish energy of wanting to practically run around the room might push the other away. Sure it was a simple twirl, but it certainly wasn't how you'd dance. "My mother is a very nice person. The kindest I have ever met. I may have gotten a more, energetic way of dancing from her," he laughed at that as memories of how she would teach him to dance versus his father came to his mind. She didn't even mind being his own dance partner. He had his own dance partner. As she laid her head against his chest he couldn't help but pull her closer as he shut his eyes, his mind wandering so much it didn't even register the other gunshots or anything happened around him.

He was practically swept away by his betrothed. He felt a bit silly for being so nervous as they were here in his arms and moving across the floor with ease. as he opened his eyes again he noticed that the atmosphere just seemed off. Vincent didn't have his jacket on, he saw the many cocktails simple being made by Frankie. "I think we may have missed something happening," worry was clearly in his voice as he looked around to try and figure out what exactly happened without asking someone.

She smiled hearing what he said about his mother. "You must be a lot like her Ezra." She smiled hearing him laugh and sighed gently. "good memories? must keep those close to your heart." She said looking to him before she leaned her head against his chest. She closed her blue eyes gently just living in the moment. She felt she relaxed not caring what was happening around her except focusing on him. It was every day she would dance with someone she was betrothed to. She had many thoughts of the future but thought it was too early to think of that. Like what her future would be with Ezra. She opened her blue eyes and looked at him smiling gently.

"I bet you are as nice as she is.." She said softly before seeing him open his eyes looking around. She was confused about why he was so distracted until she heard what he said. She was not sure who would be missing since she had not exactly met everyone. She had got here and spent most of her time getting to know Ezra instead of the other girls. She wonders if the girls that met Ezra already had their eyes on him. If was just a thought but it made her not so sure about meeting the other ladies. She was not exactly a social butterfly either. She had noticed Ezra's worried tone she felt it would be selfish to say not to about someone else's partner since they only got to know each other for a short while. She realized she had gone quiet in thought. "Oh sorry um, maybe we are." She said.

Elodie smiled at Vincent, letting him know it was alright to leave to tend to Matthias. She nodded at the address from Frankie and said "Of course." he turned on her heel, and walked back into the ballroom. What a fucking night, she thought to herself. Nellie busied herself with finding a waiter, and collecting all the food she could. Once one had been located she requested three large plates be brought to her. Anything substantial.

Tonight had been. . . More interesting than she could have thought. Ever. She had anticipated rejections and drinking and rude rich people, sure. Not guns and fights and fainting spells. And also forming what seemed to be a decent friendship with her intended so far. She did wonder where Lady Harcourt was at this time, though. She let her head rest in her hands for a moment.

Once that was organised, she turned to survey the room. Frankie was now at the bar, turning out cocktails like no one's business. He wasn't drinking them, though, she noted. She walked over and perched herself on a bar stool next to him. As soon as she did plates of food were set down and she pushed one towards the man. Thinking for a moment on what to say, she settled on "Are you okay?"

A.I.S.H.A. A.I.S.H.A. Lowquta Lowquta

Lady Harcourt kept herself busy with preparing a cup of tea for herself, while Melissa wrote on the paper, and gave the girl a moment to gather her thoughts. To be honest, this match was the one that she was most dubious about. Melissa had her illness to think of, and her family did not care much who she married, so long as it was done. Her match however was an interesting man. She had heard many things about Thaddeus and she was not sure they would be suited. Never the less, she would see how it played out. She had a back up plan after all.

She was handed the letter, and read over it quickly. Nodding a little she handed it back, and proceeded to say "Your personal family business is not my issue. However, your marriage is. A lot of the servants did see the kiss, as well as the one laid on a lady you danced with." Lady Harcourt paused to take a sip of her drink. She then continued "Have you yet met your intended?" she asked.
Sgt Gomez Sgt Gomez

Frankie smelled each cocktail in turn as he passed the time. When he got to the raspberry flavored cocktail he frowned. The measurements were off. He sipped it and found that he was correct. He put that cocktail aside and began making a new one of the same kind, this time paying more attention to its contents. As he did so, Elodie sat down with some food and quietly slid a plat over to him. Frankie didn't even acknowledge her until he was done with the cocktail. When he finished he smelled it once more. After thinking about it for a moment, he decided it was the way he wanted it to be and placed it back in the row of cocktails organized by color. He looked down at his plate and grabbed some eating utensils, going straight for the meat. It wasn't until he put a bite into his mouth that he realized how hungry he was. He mumbled in delight when suddenly Elodie asked if he was Ok.

He looked at her, drawing a blank on what to even tell her. "Uh..." he chewed a bit more and swallowed before putting on a dreary smile. "Well, this isn't like the parties back home. I can usually go nonstop until sunrise but here, the English take things a little too... seriously," he said, looking around at the rather relaxed but rather quiet environment. It was nothing more than idle chatter to Frankie. "I mean, there's nothing happening. I came here to marry at a time my family needed me the most but I don't see a bride," he held his hands out in disappointment before taking another bite. "Este clase de porqueria," Frankie's voice lowered to inaudible grumbling as he focused more on chewing his food. "Want to know what I think?" Frankie turned to Elodie suddenly, "The Europeans are getting soft and fickle. Por ejemplo, take England. In one war, they lost half a continent. That's why everyone here plays with fancy sticks and poke each other like children," then he leaned in and lowered his voice to a deadly whisper, "Y Espana is no different... but don't tell a soul I said that. Los Espanoles are especially sensitive." Frankie gave her a hardened gaze lending weight to what he said. He sat back up on his seat at the bar and took another bite of his food. "But nevermind any of that. I've got more important things on my plate," he said indicating his food but also applying a double meaning to his words. "Not that I'm here to talk about it though," he said, shutting the topic down, "It's family business." Frankie looked back at Elodie. "So what about you?" he said, moving the conversation away from him. "What's your story?"

StarxLight StarxLight

Elodie let the man work, content to watch as he carefully created to cocktails, looking at each and deciding which she would most like to try. The man had clearly been having quite the day, and like her was in an unfamiliar environment. She began eating though, starting with the bread and meat. When he did reply she made sure to let him know she was paying attention, looking at him in the eyes when she could. She smiled a little at the party all night thing. Now that she was familiar with "Oh I am aware, parties back home are . . . Très animé. Not to mention much more amusing." She felt a pang of sympathy, and did note she had not seen anyone with flowers that matched his all evening. "Oh. I am sure everything is okay with your match. There had bee much going on, perhaps they are late?" She gestures to the beautiful like of cocktails "May I?" she asks him

She listened to him talk, interested in his world view but more interested as he slipped a little into Spanish. Elodie had been under strict instructions to speak English only, but would be happier to use a little French, and if Frankie was speaking Spanish, she would happily use some of it "Many countries are like that. I will not tell anyone what you have said to me." she tells him, listening to him shut down the subject further "I am not English, and agree that this country takes things very seriously. France is certainly like that but more. . .il y a plus de trahison. Betrayal. Affairs, even." she tells him, rolling her eyes "I once witnessed a wedding where three different women objected on the grounds they were already married to the groom." she confided.

"Mon Ami, you do not need to reveal anymore than you wish." she assures before saying "Oh Merde! My story? Well, I am surprised you do not already know. Ma Mère is quite the gossip." she smiles conspiratorially "Ma Mère . . Well. . . fucked up my chances marrying locally. So I have been sent here to marry someone they may never have to meet." She smiles a little more tensely "I half expected her to ruin this for me, too.".

A.I.S.H.A. A.I.S.H.A.

Vincent adjusts his sleeves slightly as he enters the ball room once more, his newly cleaned hand coming up to touch his moustache as he glances around the room, spotting his fiancé and De La Rosa enjoying a conversation by one of the tables. Seemed like they had found some food and he feels much calmer for a second there. Meant there wasnt going to be any more fainting, at least unless any major scandals happened but he hoped that getting shot was enough for one evening.

He exhales as he approaches the two, hearing the young woman speak fluently in french between words of English. Charming, he thought he recognized the accent from somewhere after all. Something about the English not being able to party, he heard from afar and then going onto speaking of her mother and how her mothers choice of marrying her off to a stranger had affected her. He clears his throat as he arrives next to them in his somewhat disheveled state. ”Alors j'espère que ta mère et moi ne rencontrons pas...fear she would not like me very much then.” He speaks in a somewhat tired and amused voice as he sits down next to his betrothed, leaning forward a little to catch a glimpse of Frankie.

”I think our very drunken friend will be just fine, could’ve been worse than a gunshot wound, although I have to say he had surprisingly little to drink to be that drunk. The english aren’t too great with alcohol. How are you holding up, sir?” He asks him, sounding more friendly with less stress on his hands this time.

A.I.S.H.A. A.I.S.H.A. StarxLight StarxLight

Users who are viewing this thread

Back