• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

Realistic or Modern Harcourt Ball (Open)

Characters
Here
Melissa frowns at her maid and shakes her head disapprovingly at Mika. She knew that Mika knew this event was important to her. She may not like the idea of marrying someone, but she had to if she wanted her family to not be disappointed in her. Why was Mika scaring off all of her potential suitors and even her betrothed? She hadn't gotten this much attention in a few years and it did scare her, but she sighed before regaining her composure and swinging her legs off of the couch so her feet could rest gently on the floor. A soft blush crossed her cheeks as she realized that 1. She didn't have shoes on and 2. The back of her corset was undone. Melissa motioned for Mika to begin redoing her corset before sending her off to collect her shoes as a gorgeous red-haired girl approached them.

The mute girl turned her attention to the new girl. Melissa stood and curtsied to Josie before motioning to her throat hoping the girl would understand what she was trying to say. Not wanting to have the girl misconstrue anything she was motioning, she grabbed the girl's hand gently and began to spell letters in the palm of the girl's hand. "It is nice to meet you Josephine. My name is Melissa Cortez. I apologize for causing such a commotion earlier," she writes and smiles apologetically to the girl.

Molly wasn't completely surprised when Katarina barely acknowledged her. She was quite used to that by now having been to quite a few more high status parties and balls with Rosaline. What she wasn't expecting was for Katarina to know sign language. He looked quickly over to Rosie who's face was full of confusion. She had no idea what was going on and signed so to Molly as Katarina and the Spaniard walked away. Molly scurried over to her Mistress and did her best to explain the situation. At the same time, Josie had excused herself to invite the poor girl who had fainted and her maid to go watch the match.
"A fight? Here? Now? Whatever for?" Rosie asked Molly, but the girl had no answers.
"I simply do not know Miss. She's quite the brute from what I hear from Mrs. Adler's inner circle of ladies. She-" Rosie quickly stopped Molly from continuing
"Molly, I do appreciate your concern, but if this is to be the woman I marry, whatever has happened in her life I want to hear from her. Not Charlotte's nosy friends." Molly nodded, understanding completely.
"Yes Miss...Would you like to go watch?..." Molly asked. Now that was a good question. Did Rosie want to watch? No, she most certainly did not. She did not care for fighting or anything of the sort. She thought it was ridiculously childish and completely unnecessary. Why was it no one could have a simple conversation or debate nowadays? Why did everyone have to throw punches when they got in an argument. She simply didn't understand it. However, this woman was her betrothed and Rosie wondered if it would so rude if she didn't go. Or if it would make her feel like Rosie didn't care. Oh this whole situation was completely fucked if you asked her. Rosie sighed and nodded
"Yes...I suppose I should go...She is my betrothed after all..." And with that, the two women set out for the garden, following after Katarina and the Spaniard.

A tan hand smoothes over the dark navy frock as Vincent lets his mind steer from the stinging at the back of his head to the door. His family was never rich enough to afford servants and when his father had walked in on him still in bed when he was supposed to be ready he had earned himself quite a smack to the head.

"Are you daft, boy?! You should have been ready by now!" He had scolded him, Vincent only rubbing the back of his head in some sort of hazy confusion as his sister threw the same frock he was wearing now at him.

Lavender rested comfortably in his chest pocket and he lets his eyes glance towards the aromatic flower, his thoughts jumping to that time he had to smother Lady Bissett's ankle with thick, gloopy lavender ointment. Great, think about an old lady's swollen ankles right before meeting the person who is intended to tie you down for the rest of your life. That's plenty romantic.

That was why he was here, after all, his father needed him to settle down, get married, take over the business: The entire parade. The hand previously on his jacket comes up to rub at his forehead as he briskly walked down the hallway towards the intended room for gathering: The Ballroom. Atrociously late, but he knew he could swing it to be fashionably so. Any part of him that might've seemed tense fades as steps through the veil of the ballroom, a charming smile spreading over his lips.

His posture straight as he takes the glass of champagne into his hand, smiling politely at the attendant as he brings the flute of sparkling liquid to his lips taking a sip. "Lavender, hm? Has anti-inflammatory properties, did you know? Makes sense in terms of marriage...hopefully, this thing will keep anything rotten from festering between me and whoever I'm paired up with?" He says jokingly to the attendant, a mild accent coating his words. The words seem to fall on unamused ears as the man just stands there with the tray of champagne, no response. Vincent downs the remaining liquid in the glass before taking another one, letting it rest in his hand. "Father time didn't grant you much humor did he..." He says more quietly before he continues his walk further into the ballroom to see the rest of the contenders in this show, and perhaps even his match. "Maybe rub some lavender on it..." He adds as he lets himself scout the rest of the room.

Elijah wasn't a dull man, he knew when she looked away that he was about to hear words that were not what he hoped. If people were sharing positive words, they'd meet your gaze with confidence. Regardless, he would respect her wishes and hope for the best. After meeting her, he felt nothing but positive emotions, though it was too early to know what those feelings were or where they'd grow. Life was not a story and though he loved them, he wouldn't allow fantasies to distract him. The real world had no time for happily ever afters, or did it?

Elijah nodded, her words were wise and factual. He knew nothing about her, but he had faith in the system. It worked for his parents and many others had positive results, why should he expect anything different? He gently squeezed her hand. "You're right," he said chuckling lightly. "I did not mean to appear as though I was rushing. I shall match your pace." He smiled before casting a glance at the ballroom door. He tried not to allow his slight disappointment to shadow the rest of his evening.

"Nothing would please me more," he said as he began leading them back into the ballroom. "I have yet to meet another since I arrived. Have you had the chance to get acquainted with anyone else in our situation?" He asked and imagined they must feel the way they were. As they approached the doors, he glanced at her and smiled. He felt as she did, he wanted to know about her. Yet a question nagged in the back of his mind, would she choose him?

Ghostiiys Ghostiiys

Frankie accompanied Katarina as she attended to matters with what looked to be her betrothed. He spotted identical flowers on the person of both of them. It only seemed to reveal further the stark loneliness of his own lilac. His bride-to-be was nowhere to be found. Frankie was no amused by such thoughts so he banished them from his mind and focused instead on the fight ahead. Katarina lead the way and he followed, taking note of her rather apprehensive demeanor.

"Are you nervous about the fight, or your to-be lover," Frankie joked with a subtle smile. It was his way of trying to lighten her mood but whether or not it did was beyond him. At the very least, there the fight. It was Frankie's therapy. It was what made him feel better. Perhaps he needed to step into the ring once more. It had been six months since he's thrown a punch. It was only two months ago he left the hospital. He had yet to get used to the feeling of the scars that now marked his body. He still hadn't heard from his family since coming here.

Frankie realized how tense he had gotten and snapped out of his thoughts. He opened his clenched fists and realized that he and Katarina were now standing in a courtyard outside, surrounded by the gardens. The moonlight glistened off the fountain that stood at its center while a statue of an angel poured water from her hands. He looked over at Katarina as she stripped to her fighting clothes.

"Yes," he nodded, "The standard rules as you described." With that he began to take his own clothes off. First came his coat, that he hung on the statue of the angel. He undid his bowtie and unbuttoned his shirt. His chest was shaved, a routine Frankie participated in because of boxing. Bandages covered his stomach and right forearm. He hung his shirt and tie before removing his pants, revealing the striped box shorts that he wore for undergarments. He set his shoes and socks aside and stepped onto the stone floor barefoot. Slowly, he undid the bandage on his stomach, revealing three jagged scars running through the side of his waist. The tissue had yet to form fully, appearing as pink, sunken flesh but the sight of it didn't Frankie. It was a grim reminder. One he refused to dwell on in the moment so he moved to his forearm. After removing them, it was obvious that it was in even worse shape. The tendons in his arm were distorted and ripped from the bone, displaced beyond repair. What remained was repulsive limb pretending to be what it used to be. Despite the deformity, however, it still served its function; to punch whoever Frankie wanted to punch.

He turned to Katarina. It seemed she had scars of her own. Whoever she was as a fighter, she was experienced. Frankie would not underestimate her in the least. He took a deep breath, letting the air fill his stocky chest. It wasn't defined down to every fiber but there was no doubt that he could lift some serious weights. His broad shoulders and powerful back meant his punches were packed. His legs were far from neglected. Toned and taut, his thighs and calves were more than capable of maintaining a steel solid stance and nearly unbreakable footing. He was a man built for the sport and he loved every thrilling second of it. A breeze drifted by and Frankie couldn't help but break out in a daredevil grin. He raised his fists, keeping his figure compact and sealed shut. His gaze was filled with a blazing spirit and shot back at Katarina through his guard.

"Ready when you are, Katarina Rathstone," he called to her, planting his feet firmly on the cold stone under him, "The fight begins on your first step."

Ashwalker Ashwalker

Elodie's attention was caught by a commotion, and she frowned as she turned to observe the people involved. A beautiful woman and her maid were sitting by a fainting couch, which certainly wasn't there before. She must have not been the only person to get lightheaded, how long had she been caught up in her own mind? A tall, quite clearly handsome man was standing in front of the two, and from this angle she could see matching flowers. The maid who was situated between the two looked panicked, and the man looked quite annoyed with the situation, before he turned and rather dramatically walked away. My goodness, could the man not see his match was not feeling well? She was on a fainting couch for goodness sake. She watched him walk away with narrowed eyes as she picked up another berry and put it in her mouth.

Suddenly, her attention was caught by someone else entering the ballroom and all colour drained from her face when she, once again noticed the flower on his person. In the pocket of his very nice suit was tucked some lavender. This was her intended. She looked at him for a moment, just taking in his appearance. He looked strong, and he was handsome, very handsome. Elodie blushed at the thought, and felt a little guilty she had doubted such a thing. More guilt set in as she regretted flirting with El while outside. The Lady had no flower though, so she didn't feel too bad. Taking one last sip of the juice, she put the glass down and set her shoulders back. Now that she had seen him, it would be rude not to approach.

And so, approach she did. Sweeping across the ballroom she moved to be standing across from him, her hands shaking a little with nerves. She dropped to a low curtsy, head down so the lavender was on display "Hello" she started, once she had risen again. I believe you have the matching flower to my own." she give him a sweet smile but continued "I am Elodie Hale. It's a pleasure to meet you." a slight blush rose to her face as she finished. God she was nervous.

Lowquta Lowquta

Josephine gave a small hum of surprise when the young woman motioned to her throat and while she was waiting for a response. Ah, so the young woman was mute? While that might have disinterested some, a spark of intrigue lit the woman's eyes. Just because one couldn't speak didn't mean that they didn't have ideas, and in fact that meant that she likely had plenty of them that were left just bottled up inside ready to burst. How often did people speak in front of this fragile looking woman, their secrets laid bare because they didn't believe that they would be repeated? The mayhem that could be stirred! Perhaps she could persuade this young woman to share such secrets with her so that she might whisper them in just the right people's ears. Oh how glorious and entertaining future events would be! Yes! This was a friend to be made indeed!

Josie's palm tickled as she felt Melissa's fingers trail over her skin, writing out what she was wanting to say. She shook her head a little, copper locks brushing against her porcelain cheek. "Oh piffle, my dear! Never apologize for causing a stir, and please, call me Josie," she said with a wink. "You made such a wonderful entrance that I must confess I am envious. And you have caught the attention of quite a few suitors which again, I have to just marvel at your ability to handle it all so gracefully," she laughed. "Though I suppose that is something that you have dealt with your entire life, haven't you, being as beautiful as you are," she said so casually. Josie liked to play with people, toying with them as a cat toyed with its prey. Was she truly flirting or was she just very, very friendly? She loved keeping people guessing, reveling in keeping them slightly off balance.

Why did her cheeks feel like a thousand candles had been lit upon them? Why were her words so complimentary when they had just met? "Josie, I feel bad still for making such a horrible entrance earlier. I got a little frazzled and freaked out. It comes with the condition I suppose. You're right that I get decent amount of suitors, but most leave when they find out that I have my current condition and that I normally require a maid to translate for me since I can barely speak in a low whisper."

Melissa hoped that her rambling was all caught by the red-haired girl. She had no idea how to act or what to say to her. This was her first true ball and she had already messed it up. She still didn't have her shoes on at this point! She began to grow more frazzled and plopped down on the couch again to make sure she didn't take the same spill she did earlier. "I apologize. My condition acts up if I get worked up," she offers a sympathetic smile to the maiden. Why was her heart beating so fast when she looked at the girl? Was this love?

redroseknight redroseknight

Adalia knew that she gave him a less then pleasant answer. She did feel guilty , he had treated her nothing but like royalty herself as soon as they met. She could not deny about the fact that the whole experience with him was amazing, it was timeless in fact. She did not even realize how fast time had flown when she was with Elijah. But she wanted to truly take everything in, it was so much. Maybe she just was scared of how big these changes where for her. She did not want to hurt him in the process of her own decisiveness.

She again realized she was spacing out when he asked her a question. "Ah.. oh yes! Two people in fact. Oh Elijah they where so beautiful, One of them was named Matthias , A very sweet man , And an equally beautiful girl named Elodie. I think they where just as nervous as we where. I wonder how they both are doing. " Adalia said before she saw A man and woman walk past them. As she looked back she saw the man undressing. Her face a beet red as she saw him taking his clothes off. First his bow-tie , then shirt and then the rest of her clothing. "Ah... W-what...?" She hoped she wasn't going crazy once she saw he was wearing box shorts.

"A-are you seeing this Elijah? What is going on?" Adalia asked shocked.

Alvaris Alvaris Mentioning : A.I.S.H.A. A.I.S.H.A. Ashwalker Ashwalker

Vincent's chest grows in some form of fond shock as he sees the flowers woven into the young woman's hair. Polite one huh? His father would probably like polite, would say it's good for him and that he should probably learn a thing or two from her. "I believe you are correct, my lady." He speaks, his voice not nearly holding the grace of the words as he let a faint chuckle out at the end of his words, his smile bright and friendly.

He's careful when he steps forward, taking notice of the nervousness in the woman's voice as she greeted him sweetly. Perhaps it was the fact that he took notice of the contrast of the blush on her cheeks to the freckles that spread over them like little constellations. "Vincent. Vincent Lafranière, the pleasure is all mine" He said, letting the smile linger on the words as he gently took her smaller hand in his own, bringing it to his lips in a graceful kiss. "I do believe that I walked in quite late, I hope I didn't miss any interesting gossip or dramatic events, perhaps you can update me on any interesting people you might've come across, hm?" He says, a hopeful encouragement to get the girl to talk more.

While he was a skeptic of the idea that love could be forced through a meeting such as this one, he wouldn't deny that the young woman was beautiful by all means. He just hoped that she wouldn't be dull or boring. So far he found her sweet and innocent, but he hoped she would be interested in keeping things light and fun socially.

StarxLight StarxLight

Elijah watched as she spoke, she seemed lost in her own memory. The fondness that she spoke about two people she just met made him smile. The joy she had was contagious and he found himself enjoying her company even more. He hadn't noticed the two until Adalia pointed them out. He paused a moment before watched as they stripped. "Looks like they have a score to settle," he said, curious about the fight they seemed ready to engage in. "A fistfight. Interesting choice."

They didn't seem to be fighting out of rage. Maybe they fought for sport? "Shall we observe or carry on inside?" He asked, watching the two. He was intrigued in their activity and didn't want to enter the ballroom, but he wished to do whatever Adalia preferred. She didn't seem like the fighting type, but Elijah was. He was an excellent fighter and he learned a lot by observation. For the Ainsley, it was a requirement that they could hold their own. Protecting ones family was of the utmost importance.

"They seem well equipped," he spoke quietly, not intending to communicate to Adalia. The man had the scars to prove his worth and the woman, she certainly held her own. This evening was full of twists and turns. Elijah looked at Adalia. "Shall we proceed?" He motioned toward the ballroom. She had mentioned she was chilly and he didn't want to seem overly interested in the festivities. The last thing he wished was for her to be willing to watch something out of her comfort zone.

Ghostiiys Ghostiiys

Josie watched the blush light Melissa's cheeks and felt quite triumphant that she was causing such a reaction in the young woman. This woman was so fragile, so sweet in her quick rambling to try to explain herself for her earlier spell. It ignited that more predatory part of Josie, the part that made her hunt for more reactions. The redhead flashed that smile of hers and shook her head, moving forward when the young woman settled back on the sofa. Not thinking a thing of her dress being made dirty, she knelt down and reached out to continue holding on to Melissa's soft hand.

"That is because your suitors are then unaccustomed to paying as much attention to you as you deserve. Unable to speak in more than a whisper, you say? Why, my dear, that is no trouble at all! You needn't have a translator with me, you can just lean in close to whisper in my ear what you wish to speak. I don't mind at all," she laughed brightly with that cheshire grin and a playful wink. "But please, do be careful with your condition that you do not swoon. Though I don't mind if you lean on me if you feel that you have become faint, Lissa. Do you mind if I call you Lissa? It suits you, sweet and cute just like you," she teased with that off-handed air she carried so easily.

The girl's face lit up like a cherry as she stared deeply into the redhead's eyes. She could feel herself shaking and her hands grew clammy. She weakly leaned forward and whispered, "C-Call...me...anything..." Was this truly love? This girl wasn't just teasing her like the other girls would when she was younger, was she? She shook her head lightly to clear her thoughts and kept her sight on the now. "J-Josie...D-Dance...w-with...me?" She stuttered out before squeezing the girl's hands.

Melissa stood and helped Josie to her feet. She needed to get up and get moving before she worked herself up again. She walked over to the dance floor with Josie and they began to slowly dance to the rhythm of the music. "One...two...three...One...two...three...One...two...three..." Melissa could be seen mouthing the words as she tried to remember how to properly dance. She placed one hand on Josie's wait and held Josie's other hand in her own.

Josie had to focus sharply, but she heard the very soft whisper as the young woman leaned in close enough that her breath was felt against her skin. It sent a pleasant thrill down her spine, and the young woman had to fight against a shiver. Yes, this was the kind of excitement that she had been craving! So far everyone had been responding so favorably to her, from sweet and sincere Rosie to the adorable Melissa who was already being swept away by the redhead's charm. Josie was absolutely oblivious that she was falling in love with Josie, though. No, Josephine didn't believe that love existed and therefore didn't recognize such a thing in other people. She just thought that Melissa was reacting with a budding infatuation, nothing of substance.

Her hand gently squeezed Melissa as she was urged toward the dancefloor, surprised by the woman's desire to do such a strenuous thing when she had previously been needing to rest. Not to mention she was dancing barefoot, though the redhead didn't mind in the least. If Melissa didn't mind her feet getting cold then Josie had no objections or moral outrage at the woman not being perfectly dressed. Once they were on the floor, she could feel the shaking from Melissa's hand when it went on her waist and held her other hand. She placed her hand on her shoulder then leaned forward, taking the opportunity to step in closer to Melissa than was usually socially acceptable. Pfft. As if Josie actually cared about social acceptability, especially when she was currently pouncing like a cat that found the catnip.

"Relax, Lissa. I can lead. Just follow the beat of your heart and rhythm of your breathing, they will fall in line with the music if you let yourself just get swept up in it." She led the woman in the dance, letting herself enjoy the moment immensely without a care in the world. She hadn't met her betrothed, but that was perfectly fine with her. No doubt it was some boring lady or gentleman that would provide for her the most dull and colorless existence. "Tell me, Lissa. Do you often dance? You should, you move quite gracefully on your feet. Though if you should swoon, be not alarmed. I'm right here to catch you," she teased with a playful wink.

Ezra watched as people came and went. It seemed so lively and some seemed quiet the character. He noted that as he watched a well dress man walk away from his betrothed in a rather well interesting fashion. Much like he was in a story with a dramatic effect. He wasn't sure the man would want company, whatever reason he left his betrothed in such a way may not leave him in the best mood. Some people were heading outside, he overheard something of a challenge. Not being sure if he should really leave as he felt he should stay just in case. His own curiosity was getting the best of him as he thought more on it. He made up his mind, he'll check it out and see what's happened before quickly coming back just in case. That should give him enough time to see exactly what was happened and be back just in case, should it not?

As he set his glass down he made sure to not disturb the two who took to the dance floor as he maneuvered over to the way outside. Once outside he looked around though he did not have a hard time finding what was happened. Especially when the two were.. Well, they were taking off their clothes. At first he shielded his eyes before looking away as a blush crept unto his face thinking he walked into something he shouldn't have. That is until he realized that they were not completely stripping down which he sighed in relief as he saw that they were indeed simple in different clothing. He did hear how the fight would start. So it was a challenge, did they know each other or simple wanted to have a fight?

He wasn't exactly a fighting man himself. Well.. Either way he wasn't one to go out into the garden to fight with another person. Looking between the two he was rather interested in who they were to seemingly be either passionate about fighting, or possible drunk. Either way he did hope that they didn't hurt each other badly, a few punches would be all well and good. He hoped that the night wouldn't end with someone being knocked out.

Lucas followed behind, using the hand offered to help him find his way. "Cute? I've never heard that one before." He replied, forcing away impure thoughts when he saw Matthias. As his body touched the surfaced, he found himself in a similar situation, and strode it off with pride. True to speculation, Lucas wasn't very self-conscious when it came to his physical appearance. While he might not be the most gorgeous man in the world, he wasn't hideous either. Instead, he held insecurities about much more personal things.

He nodded at Matthias's suggestion, feeling a little guilty that his intended's suit was also ruined because of him. "No need to replace it, this evening is more than payment enough." He said, face warming up at the little kiss Matthias left him.

Lucas walked out of the pond, feeling a little less cold, but still happy nonetheless. "Of course, Mr. Matthias. May I tempt you to a spot of tea? After we change, wouldn't want to soak the chairs, heard wood rots rather easily." He said, jokingly putting on a more posh accent. "Shall we?" Bowing a little, Lucas offered his hand in the most sarcastically sophisticated manner.

Breathless Breathless

"Ah.. I mean I don't mind watching. I just would not imagine in a place like this you would see a man undress himself to fight a woman. " She laughed putting her hands over her mouth to muffle the noise. This was so surprising to her. She had never seen such a thing in her sheltered lifestyle. She looked up at Elijah seeing him seemingly interested in what was happening. "And if i get too cold.. I always have someone right next to me to warm me up right?" Adalia said with a smile , poking her tongue out at him.

She moved a little closer to the two strangers seemingly ready to get into a duel. She wondered what had transpired inside the ballroom for them to even think that this was a good idea. The man who was wearing nothing but shorts was a handsome person, He had scars all over his body that made her grimace. What had happened to cause such severe wounds? And the fact he thought it was good to expose them to the cold and to fight none the less. he must of been crazy!

The woman was also very beautiful. Fair skin and light eyes , not necessarily someone you would expect to be in a situation such as this one. But she looked confident and snarky she may have been in fights similar to these so who was Adalia to judge. "I am already tense.. oh my.." Adalia mumbled her eyes wide as she stood on her tiptoes holding onto Elijah's arm to get a good look at the whole scene

Alvaris Alvaris

Elijah smiled at her interest in the brawl before chuckling at her comment. "Quite an interesting duo," Elijah said. "I couldn't agree more. It's not often you see such a fight." His interest was only more piqued by the battle in front of them. He looked at her, enjoying the sound of her laughter before she clapped her hand over her mouth. Elijah puffed up his chest, hiding his more bashful tendency. "There is no job I would take with more seriousness," he said with a crooked grin. She was fun and there was no denying that.

Elijah scooted closer to Adalia before lowering his face to her ear. "You intrigue me Adalia," he spoke quietly before straightening to watch the fight. Elijah was more versed in sword fighting than fist fighting, but both were sports he enjoyed. Each person seemed evenly match, the only dilemma he saw was the unbalanced strength. Men were stronger than women, but she clearly knew her odds. This would prove to be a riveting match.

A chuckled escaped him. "I wonder how this will play out," he muttered. "I'm going to take a gander and say you have yet to meet these two?" Elijah asked glancing at Adalia. "Do you think they were matched together?" If they were, they were quite the unique pair. She could be testing his resolve and skill on the field and he? Who knew. The man apparently had seen his fair share of brawls in his day.

Interaction: Ghostiiys Ghostiiys
Mention(s): A.I.S.H.A. A.I.S.H.A. Ashwalker Ashwalker

Elodie almost melts when he speaks, tension leaving her almost visibly. Any tension in her smile draining, leaving it more genuine. He had a wonderful sounding voice, although one not matched to those she usually found in the upper class environment it was beautiful sounding. She briefly imagined him reading to her and had to let go of the thought. Handsome and had a wonderful voice. He chuckled as he agreed, and she smiled back at him, more genuine this time. She could hear her mother talking about him, about how he was all that would take her at this stage in her life but she found herself not minding so far. She would not expect love from a match she did not pick herself, but if companionship was there she would not complain. Besides, the poor girl who was matched with that man from earlier had it far worse, in her opinion.

He stepped forward with care, and introduced himself to her. She felt as if she was being treated delicately, and was not opposed to such a thing at the moment. She did need fairly delicate she supposed, after her minor freak out earlier. He gently took her hand, and raised it to his lips and her breath caught a little, a blush and a nervous smile spreading on her face. She laughed at his words and nods "You may be a little late but you certainly make up for it in charm." she teased him, feeling a little caught off guard.

"I have only spoken to a handful of people, however I . . . had a slight episode of light headed-ness and was taken into the gardens." she looked away, embarrassed but met his eyes again and said "I do believe there has already been an altercation, outside. I was not close, and did not witness it. The Lady over there has fainted and her match asked her to dance. He got a little upset when she declined." Elodie almost rolled her eyes, but refrained herself. "I believe that is all that has happened so far, that I have witnessed anyway."

Lowquta Lowquta

Mika noticed with a slight tinge of regret Melissa's reaction to how she acted, letting out a sigh and nod as she was asked to go off and get the shoes, hesitant to leave, biting her lip lightly.

Seeing the redheaded girl from earlier approach she clenched a fist and assured herself it'd be fine, placing on her usual smile as she went out of the ballroom and upstairs to the room. Searching around quickly she found the pair of light heeled dancing shoes, grabbing them and standing to leave once again but finding herself not wanting to. A hand clenched the fabric of her maid's apron in her free hand, "What if I go out there…. And she's gone forever?…. If she gets someone then- then I- I have to be happy for her come on this is stupid! Why sis this so hard for me, I want to see her smile, I want- her to be- mine" she stuttered.

Slowly she stepped out of and re-entered the ballroom with her usual maid-like expression, however seeing what was in front of her caught her off guard. Almost dropping the shoes she managed to fumble herself into keeping them as her heart fluttered in equal amazement and worry. "She looks…. so beautiful-…." she whispered as she watched the pair dance across the floor lightly, even without shoes, the whole scene seemed like something she'd heard Melissa read from a fairytale book when they were younger. It caught her full of imagination and wonder, she didn't know people could move like that.

Slowly she shook it from her head and went back over towards the fainting coach, giving a small and polite nod to pair near the door before sitting down on the furniture item slowly, placing the shoes gently beside the base as she watched.
________
Sgt Gomez Sgt Gomez redroseknight redroseknight

Eliza let out a gleeful chuckle as she arrived at the scene of the pair undressing to their undergarments, fists up in arms of excitement as she realised that poor Elodie probably had not managed to join along. Glancing back she confirmed her thoughts with an awkward and somewhat apologetic smile, however soon brushing it off, this sort of thing probably wasn't the shy girls style anyway, though she'd have to note to chat again later, out of all the people here it seemed the other was quite interesting- too bad some man would most likely steal her away.

However, just as she was about to start cheering on said fight, her attention was caught by another red haired woman waltzing across the dance floor through a window towards another, eyes suddenly flickering wider as she noted the flower, a 'tkch' leaving her lips as she stubbornly puffed out her cheeks and shoved hands back into the male tuxedo coat. A light blush flickering her cheeks that she banished with a light slap to each, she was pretty- she'd give her that. It didn't mean anything in wether or not they'd actually begged together though-

URGH.

This whole process was stupid!? After all she was only even here because- she winced a little at the thought before letting out a sigh and returning the smirk to her face looking over at the fight, no. She was here to have fun, she'd already cast aside that dang flower she'd been forced to wear, and either way it seemed the other was just as much of a player. It would be so easy if she could just walk away! but alas- darn her affinity for pretty females.

Making an over-exaggerated turn with one foot she glanced over her shoulder at the ready to fight pair, "Ay' you two! Save some of the bone smashing for me, k?" she muttered with a shrug as she slowly began to walk off inside, going through the now permanently open door she leant against the doorframe halfway into both of the two ball sections, one filled with the gardens lantern light, and the other an annoyingly clean floor that she could've sworn would make any normal persons shoes squeak.
________
redroseknight redroseknight A.I.S.H.A. A.I.S.H.A. Ashwalker Ashwalker StarxLight StarxLight Ghostiiys Ghostiiys Lowquta Lowquta NighttimeForest NighttimeForest Sgt Gomez Sgt Gomez Jess Buck Jess Buck lion. lion.

Katarina rolled her shoulders and let a slightly feral grin creep across her face. Frankie dug in, waiting for her to make the first move. Her eyes had a brawlers glint to them as she took a careful sidestep, feinting a circle. The second her foot hit the ground she shifted her body, lunging forward. Frankie’s eyes widened and he reflexively tightened his guard, bracing for her strike. Katarina moved in and there was a slight moment of hesitation before she ducked to her right. He caught a glimpse of her reluctance and managed to read the direction of her incoming strike. He raised his arm in to deflect the attack and immediately throws a right jab in an attempt to test her instinct. Katarina’s grin sharpened as she watched her opponent turn into a right hook. Instead of dodging or defending she used her range to dart inside the strike, aiming an uppercut to his chin. Frankie inhaled sharply and tilts his head to the side, feeling the air brush him as a fist whizzes past his face. He kicks off the ground and wheels around Katarina to gain access to her side. He immediately throws out another jab to force a reaction and takes the time to step forward, invading her space. She pulls an old flashy move out then, taking the blow to her right side directly and using its momentum to shove herself into a spin around into his right side, aiming a left hook for his head. Frankie clenches his teeth as he suddenly throws his weight down, ducking under Katarina’s hook and throwing a heavy fist towards her stomach in one swift motion. Katarina starts the turn to pull her opponent into a throw, and that mistake is the only thing that lessens the impact. She goes loose and falls back as the fist hits her like a kick from a horse. Her drop makes the impact higher on her torso and she flips back, bouncing off her hands and coming back to her feet in a slide a foot or two away.

Frankie’s gaze remains fixed on Katarina as he takes a moment to kiss his knuckles. He puts his guard back up and steps forward once more. When he moves within her reach, he winds back a punch. As he does so, he inhales sharply and throws a sudden jab with his unoccupied arm, hoping to catch her by surprise. Katarina takes the hit on her left and ducks below the right hook that immediately followed, bouncing off her opponents impact momentum, tossing a jab into the bottom of his right shoulder. Frankie grunts and exhales, his breath seething off his teeth as he tanks her strike. His blood rushed to his head, his adrenaline delaying the pain. He puts his guard back up and glares at Katarina with the eyes of a lion. He then throws several punches in quick succession, attempting to get her to step back and concede ground. She takes another glancing hit to the left shoulder and weaves through the following punches before dropping beneath a hook that grazes the space above her. She bends back and jerks up to the right, putting all her ascending momentum into an uppercut towards his head. Frankie let’s loose a spew of spit as his body rocks backwards. For the first time this fight, Frankie’s steel solid footing has been shaken.

Katarina feels that moment of vulnerability in the rhythm of the fight and she feels a certain bare-teethed lupine grin spread over her face as she moves into the opening. The lion was off his footing, and instinct said to go for the head and finish. That however was the obvious choice. She couldn’t risk the return if she got caught out, so instead she lunged forward into his backstep and threw all her weight and momentum into a strike at his left side. Frankie grunted and planted his feet, the dust kicking off the stone cold floor as he threw his guard back up in time to block her strike. His feet slide ever so slightly but he remains unmovable. He kicks off the ground to push Katarina off him and follows it up with a sharp right punch. She skips a step back, taking her own reset as he forces her back, on the second skip she lands differently, falling into the landing and bouncing out of it into a leap to go for punch to his head from above. Frankie saw a golden opportunity open its arms to him, so he steps forward and winds up a bone shattering strike. Katarina’s eyes widen as she sees what’s coming for her and turns her body as she throws her own punch. She takes a slug to her side as blood flies from Frankie’s nose, his head jerking to the side as she clocks him square on the side of his face.

Katarina makes like a bird and flies. Even through the haze of a fight she feels the hit, and if she had been grounded rather than airborne it might have ended the fight there. As it is the flare of pain stuns her and she hits the ground hard, skidding and rolling back to her feet in a crouch. Her grin sharpens, shining with a feral wolven glee. Frankie staggers to the side, his arms lazily falling to his sides as he takes a moment to let the stars fade from his vision. He wipes his nose, taking note of the blood smeared with the sweat dripping from his body. He tightens his jaw, dragging his eyes back to Katarina who was smiling back at him. A grin ruptured onto his face as the flames in his eyes consumed him. The moonlight glistened off the sweat of the two fighters and the angel on the fountain was their divine witness. Behold, the lion and the wolf, watch them weave their ancient dance.

Suddenly, he kicks off, taking a series of dashes from one side to the other. He draws close to her then snaps into a lunge like a crack of lightning and swings for her head. Katarina sees the rush and already knows the sacrifice she wants to make. Instead of dodging or evading at all she slams her body up into the strike, throwing her shoulder into the incoming blow. Frankie’s punch collides, then snaps back. He kicks his foot back to stamp down his stance and throws a series of tight hooks. The foreshortened strikes coming towards various parts of Katarina’s body like thunder. She came to her feet shifting backwards as her opponent shifted into a style that would make it harder for her to get inside his range. She flows back, dancing around the hardest strikes and looking for an opening. Frankie continues to pressure aggressively, denying her that chance and taking note of a quickly approaching wall. He strikes, then steps, strikes again, and steps, pushing Katarina further and further back as she avoids each successive fist. Suddenly, she runs into the wall. By the time she looks up at Frankie, he has wound up a heavy punch. Her instincts grab the wheel and take her under right as the strike plunges through the air. It zooms past her and smashes into a flower pot sitting where her face was just moments earlier. Frankie grunts in pain as she rolls past him. She gives him a smirk as he shakes his bleeding hand for a moment.

As Frankie recovers and turns back to his opponent, Katarina embraces her opportunity, dropping into a speedbag stance and throwing herself into a flurry of blows focused on his left side and shoulders. Blood trickled down from Frankie’s nose and dropped from his chin. Time slowed as he dug in with his back against the wall. He had nowhere to go but there was nowhere he needed to go. He held up his guard bared his teeth as he shouldered one blow after another. His body rocks to Katarina’s strikes but he holds firm. Suddenly, a fist knocks his face to the side. His guard falters and more punches slip through. He was living in his bunker but here, Katarina had finally broken through. Desperation built within him until he cried out and began to throw his own strikes, his body enveloped in wild fury. She reveled in the glory of breaking this bulwark’s guard, and hungrily followed through. As he responded she bent with the impacts, feeling blows land in her gut and ribs, and ignoring the burning aches. She shifted to the right, and then suddenly slammed her weight forwards into a left hook as she felt a blow hammer into her right shoulder.

There was a brief moment of stillness as their bodies slammed into each other and for the first time that bout neither fighter rolled with the punch. It was in that moment that their eyes met. Behind the blazing eyes of the boxer, roared the lion. Behind the starving eyes of the brawler, howled the wolf. They pulled back and continued to trade one hammering blow after another. Frankie gasped for air, pulling oxygen into his boiling lungs and swung once more. His body screamed. The pain poured over him like molten metal. He would not lose here. He will not lose here. He began to brute force his punches, putting all of his body weight into each strike. Katarina had found the knife-edge of a fight to ride again, and she loved it, dancing on the razor thin line between victory and defeat as she sunk blow after blow into her opponent, and took his in return. Frankie burned through his muscles, calling upon them to surge for one final strike. And it was there, in that moment, that Katarina saw him. It was the lion roaring for his crown. The wolf ascendant saw doom approach and reveled in it. Her body surged into a well ingrained pattern, seizing upon the blow headed her way, and pulling it past her into a throw, using its own deadly momentum against it.

As she threw her opponent behind her she realized distantly that she had lost, but she couldn’t quite mourn it. She turned to her thrown opponent and raised her hands. Frankie on the other hand was fuming.

“What?!” he swung his hands up in the air for only a moment before letting them fall again. He was too tired to even bother. “So does that mean…?”

When Katarina spoke, her voice was still reveling in the glory of the fight, even as she began to come down, “My loss. I’m unused to the rules and manners of proper fighting I’m afraid.”

“Fair but… you still knocked me down. And look,” he indicates the fact that he’s still lying on the floor with a bloodied knuckle, nose, and who knows what else was broken or bleeding. “10 seconds and it’s a knockout.”

When she spoke she had turned more serious, “And the fight before could have gone very differently by a different set of rules. A loss is a loss here, little point in speculating.”

Frankie groaned and sat up. He shuffled to his feet and faced Katarina. Then, he held out his hand. “How about we call it a draw?” A goofy smile had stumbled its way to his face and he brimmed with satisfaction, like a child with a lollipop.

Katarina’s face shifted into a rare open, sincere smile, warm and happy as she came down from the fighter’s high. She would feel it all in the morning, and for that matter probably in a few minutes as her body reminded her of her questionable choices, but for now she was just happy. Her stance had changed dramatically from where it was before the fight, loose and open whereas before it had been cold, closed and defensive. She took his hand, shook it, and spoke with a genuine warmth, “If you insist, I’ll take it.”

In a collabed fight with: A.I.S.H.A. A.I.S.H.A.
If you are looking for the back and forth notations, there aren't any I'm afraid, we outright cowrote the whole thing except for the conversation at the end.

Rosie and Molly had made it just in time to watch the beginning of the fight. To say the ladies were a bit taken aback by the brawlers lack of dress would have been and understatement. It took all of Rosie's self control to not scan over the both of them. Molly, however did scan. The Spaniard, she needed to learn the poor man's name, had quite a few, fairly fresh wounds. She wondered why he would ever agree to something if he was still healing. And Katarina had her fair share of scars as well. Molly looked over to Rosie to make sure her Mistress was alright. Albeit slightly uncomfortable, Rosie seemed fine. She watched with curiosity. She had seen Charlie and a few of his school mates get into playful brawls before. But those were full of laughing and snide remarks at each other. This was more intense. Rosie couldn't help but be on edge the entire time.

As the fight went on, Rosie thought that she might actually be able to sit through it. That was until her betrothed slammed her fist right into the Spaniard's nose, causing it to bleed. At the same time, the man gave a blow that knocked the air born woman to the ground. Rosie winced and looked away quickly. She had never been fond of blood. The sight of it always made her feel ill. When she first started her monthly bleedings it was quite difficult for her. She was lucky she had Charlotte there instead of her father because that would have been a disaster. Molly quickly signed to Rosie to make sure she was alright. She nodded, but told the other she was going to sit down at a nearby bench.

The rest of the fight did not get any less intense or bloody. Rosie kept her gaze downcast for most of it, stealing a look up every once in awhile just to see how the two were fairing. After what seemed like an eternity to Rosaline, the fight finally ended and the two shook hands. Rosie assumed from the smiles on their faces they came to a draw. Rosie then studied the expressions on their faces. She had seen the Spaniard before the fight and he seemed friendly enough out of combat that his smile didn't cause Rosie much thought. However, the smile Katarina had on her face was one to note. When Rosie had first laid eyes on the woman, she looked cold and...for lack of a better word intimidating. But now, the look on her face was warm, and inviting. Rosie smiled to herself. 'So you're not all thorns and daggers are you?' She thought to herself. She was brought out of her thoughts when Molly sat next to her.
"Would you like to go over and talk with her now Miss?" She asked. Rosie shook her head
"I will let her come to me. Give her time to redress and clean herself up." She stood "I'm going to go inside for a glass of champagne. Please inform her, that if she would like to, and when she is ready, she may come and find me." And with that, Rosie walked off back towards the ballroom. Molly sighed. She knew it was technically her job but being the messenger in these kinds of situations always made her uncomfortable. Especially with all of the talk she had heard about this Katarina woman. Molly and Rosie might not always get along, but Molly had still known Rosie for a very long time, and she was concerned for her and this marriage. But Molly obeyed her orders and went to go relay the message to Katarina.

Once back in the ballroom, Rosie easily found an attendant with copious amounts of champagne glasses and picked herself up one. She sipped on this glass, as opposed to the glass she had gotten when she first arrived. She also turned a bit sour as she noticed Josie dancing and clearly flirting with another woman. Not that Rosie had anything to be jealous about. More just she didn't appreciate the blatant playing of the field in which Josie was showcasing. Rosie also noticed a maid sitting and watching the two dance. She assumed she was the maid for the smaller blonde girl. Rosie picked up another champagne glass and brought it over to the couch with her. She held out the glass to the maid and sat down next to her. She cleared her throat and slowly, tried to speak.
"I..am..deaf..." She started. "May..I..sit..with..you?" Her speech was anything but graceful or pretty. But she tried her best. She had learned a few phrases to say when she was stuck somewhere without a translator and had to speak with someone. It took a lot of time, and practicing in a mirror, but she had gotten there...eventually...kind of...

redroseknight redroseknight Ashwalker Ashwalker Sgt Gomez Sgt Gomez Cosmos Cosmos

Mika blushed brightly getting startled out of her daze as another of the higher ups came over, blushing a little timidly as she offered the glass and shook her head with hands flailing in panic. However as the other spoke she realised it was the lady from before she'd heard the other attendant speak of to the brawling pair. Slowly she gave a small nod and began to sign fluently as she knew, after all Melissa preferred to talk since she could still hear.

'Ah! No really, I couldn't take something like that!? I'm just a maid, all these formalities are for you. It's- Roselline? Sorry if I got it wrong, I couldn't help but overhear your attendant when she came nearby before the fight it certainly sounded chaotic.' She continued on, rubbing her hands a little and wincing as she felt a cramp coming on in her left one, giving a giggle as she looked back at the dancing pair and sighed, suddenly grabbing the small champagne glass and taking a small sip before placing it down, 'Maybe I did need it. My mistress is over there dancing with the red haired one, she also needs me for aid, her name is Melissa- She's amazing- I mean, She's got a good heart. And though I know it's not my place I could've sworn to see that red haired lady flirting with yourself earlier?' she continued, raising a brow as she looked between thepairs flowers, and although similar they did not match exactly, perhaps a misunderstanding? But then- why would she come flirt with Melissa? Some sort of play woman!?

Mika could practically feel her blood boil, taking another large sip from the glass before fully putting it aside, she had to be sober for Melissa, and she knew better than any how her own drunk self could be, she certainly did not need that tarnishing her mistress's family reputation.

Giving a soft smile at the other she tried to distract herself, after all she should try and stay positive, get this whole evening over with and why not try and make a new friend whilst at it- even if their classes did mean such a term would very infrequently ever be used. After all the time spent reading her ladies face, she liked to think she'd gotten rather good at telling expressions, and from this girls slightly pale and distant demeanour, she had a gut feeling that perhaps her match - who she'd just figured out was the feisty woman that had been beside them challenging the first male attendee to Melissa - that just went for a fight was not quite her taste, that or she hoped so, otherwise perhaps the other was just as done with this whole event as some others appeared to be. She thought it must be horrible to have to marry like this…. But at least they could try an have happy lives together.
_______

Jess Buck Jess Buck Sgt Gomez Sgt Gomez

Last edited:
Melissa felt her heart flutter as Josie too the lead and they began to dance. it felt like an eternity within josie's arms before the song slowly faded out and the band began to play a different song. She felt like she was in heaven. They had just met and she was already being so nice and understanding with melissa. The blond knew that she should get attached so easily since she had seen josie talking with others earlier in the night.

"I dont get to dance often and call me whatever you like," she whispers in the girls ear with a blush. She smelled so nice...melissa could sense that she was just another person for this girl to use and abandon but she felt so alive when she was with josie. Her touch was like a drug, her eyes like a crystal clear ocean, her hair light a bright flame, it made melissa wonder what her lips felt like...

Users who are viewing this thread

Back