Other Happy is Healthy

jaylen

Gamer Girl
Having struggled with depression for a great portion of my life, I've had to find ways to make myself happy. So, here are some tips.

Keep busy until you feel better - this actually works.
Listening to uplifting and fun songs [i can send u some if needed].
Long walks.
Talking to family & friends.
Distracting yourself! Play games, sing, anything.
Talk about things you enjoy.

Force yourself to do things.
Go outside and do something. Locking yourself up is the worst idea.
Be honest with your friends and family about what's bothering you. Vent and let them help.
Write down your thoughts and feelings somewhere.

I hope this helps anyone who needs it. Feel free to suggest any and I'll add them!!

Last edited:
Having struggled with depression for a great portion of my life, I've had to find ways to make myself happy. So, here are some tips.

Keep busy until you feel better - this actually works.
Listening to uplifting and fun songs [i can send u some if needed].
Long walks.
Talking to family & friends.
Distracting yourself! Play games, sing, anything.
Talk about things you enjoy.
Go outside and do something. Locking yourself up is the worst idea.
Be honest with your friends and family about what's bothering you. Vent and let them help.
Write down your thoughts and feelings somewhere.

I hope this helps anyone who needs it. Feel free to suggest any and I'll add them!!

I want to add this one and it is from experience and is really important. FORCE yourself to do things. Sometimes we get stuck in a rut and just keep doing the same crap every day even though we aren't happy with it. You need to break the cycle and just force yourself to do things sometimes. If what you normally do in your "free" time is sit around and surf the net or watch TV then force yourself to go for a walk or do some kind of exercise. Even force yourself to learn to cook something new especially if you live on take out.

I know the OP basically said this but not as bluntly. When someone is depressed they know they should do something else usually but they just figure when the time is right they will do it. The time is never right, it won't happen until you make it happen.

Break the cycle.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back