• If your recruitment thread involves completely going off site with your partner(s) then it belongs in the Off-Site Ad Area.
  • This area of the site is governed by the official Recruitment rules. Whether you are looking for players or looking for a roleplay, we recommend you read them and familiarize your self with them. Read the Recruitment Rules Here.

Realistic or Modern Hanns' Original Role-Play Master Thread (CLOSED)

Isolus

Lady of the Lexicon
Roleplay Availability
Roleplay Type(s)
ZGOgnJs.gif

♬ Do you wanna make a role-play? ♬
It doesn't have to be a roleplay
Ok... bye...
Good day, morning, noon or night! Now that I've finally got internet back at my place, I'm looking to get back to writing - whether that's casual role-play or a long time story, I'm hoping to find fellow role-players! As a writer, I put a lot of love and details into my stories and now I'm looking for someone to do the same with together. Well thought out characters and plots only please - I would love for a partner is able to play more than just one character too. All types of role-players - beginner, advanced and expert are also all welcomed!

◆ I'm looking for role-play partner who is friendly and easy to communicate with. No monotone replies or dry speech... Not saying we have to be besties or anything (I mean unless ... that's what you want *scuffs foot*), but there is such thing as manners, especially if it's with someone you plan to write a story with!

◇ I'm also looking for a role-play partner who is also invested in the role-play. I love my stories and worlds and don't even get my started on my characters. Don't make me do all the work in regards to character relationships or world building! I value what you have to say and hope to see you invested as well.

◆ I'm looking for a role-play partner who is willing to play multiple characters. That is not to say you can't have one character who acts as the main/central protagonist or deuteragonist or antagonist. It just makes the story more interesting if there are developed characters all playing parts in the larger narrative. Think of your favorite books or movies - there isn't just one or two characters, are there?

◇ I write only in Paragraph/Novella in Third Person - In regards to lengths, on average I write anywhere between 3-6 full paragraphs, and I can definitely write more if I'm so inspired! But if that scares you, then I'll write to match your length.

◆ Only well thought out characters, please. This doesn't mean your characters can't be new or fresh or deviating from the norm. Whether it's a trope you want to try out or a new spin, bring me your babies! I welcome all orientations, backgrounds, ethnicities and stories.

◇ Good grammar is a plus, but I won't hound you over a misspelling or improper punctuation! So long as I can read it, we're all good.

◆ All stories and prompts will maintain their original rating unless otherwise specified and talked between the two of us. I don't want any surprises, so let's discuss our limits before hand! Love dark or grim dark elements? No problem! Just don't pop them in on a role-play without prior consent.
Room 849 was Ms. Starling’s classroom. It was here, like many of the dozens of classrooms, that 30 boys and girls were taught the fundamentals of the Freemen’s Commonwealth. It was here, like many before them, that these children would have ambitions. The next generation of future doctors, judges, police officers, and generals sat in these chairs and wrote on tables. Perhaps, even the next President.

Here is where all the good little girls and boys learned what it means to be a friend of the Republic.

Normally at this time, Ms. Starling would have her students writing about the twelve laws of leadership or having them take their weekly amplitude test. But today was an important day. Today, they were having a very special visitor.

Headmistress Fielding was an older woman who seemed to hold the fire of hell in her eyes, took a quick visual headcount of the children present before her. The girls stood on her right, the boys her left in three organized lines. Ms. Starling and Ms. Fielding stood at the front of the white classroom. There were posters lined on each wall. One was a doctor with flowers in her hands, bringing the gift of life. Another was a soldier, decorated in golden, colorful badges as he saluted the flag of the Republic. But the most important one was the front of the room. Over their heads, a colorful and vibrant poster of a man. But this was a very special man. This man was Mr. Calloway.

Candidate Calloway was a good man. Candidate Calloway was a kind man. He looked after the good children and told them to never give up on their dreams. And today, he was making a special visit to class 849.
If for whatever reason, you don't want to RP here in a private message or personal thread, you can also find me on Discord. All I ask is that you note me here first before adding me on Discord cause high chance I won't know who you are and I don't really add strangers on there anyways. But once we decided that were are indeed compatible RP buddies, then were all good, fam.

Love/Will Do:
❤ Well developed character relationships (Platonic, Romantic, and everything in between!).
❤ Story depth and detail.
❤ Original characters (I love them, they are babies and I will draw lots of art of them)
❤ Favorite Genres: Fantasy, Slice of Life, Adventure, Romance, Science-Fiction, & Apocalypse/Dystopian

Ok/Might Do:
✔ Mythical/Fantasy creatures (I just ask that we set up lore/expectations for the creatures we use!)
✔ Gore/Heavy violence
✔ Furries/Anthros
✔ Feral Animals
✔ Horror elements/genre
✔ Romance, both light and heavy.

Hate/Won't Do:
✖ OC x Cannon or FC (fan character) x Cannon.
✖ One Liners (please DON'T send me ONE liners!!)
✖ Incest/Underage sex
✖ Smut
✖ Killing/Hurting OCs without permission. (ask me first!)
✖ Fandoms (Nothing against them - just not my RP forte)
✖ Rape

Genre Key
While many a good story has more than one genre, usually they are classified as one main genre.
Here's quick key to verify some genres you might see down yonder:
► Fantasy
► Sci-Fi
► Romance
► Horror/Psychological Horror
► Action
► Dystopian
► Adventure/Quest
► Slice of Life
► Comedy
► Supernatural

Prompts!
Down below are some ideas I've sketched out in hopefully something coherent.
A quick key: (✔) means open & (✖) means closed
These are just prompts so things can be changed if needed. Have something you want to add? See something that just doesn't fit? Let's world build it together!

✿ The Healing Home ✿
_14__by_lexiconicy-db9g25k.png

Other Optional Genres: Romance , Slice of Life , Comedy
Optional Pairing(s): human-x-monster or monster-x-monster (FxM, MxM, FxF)
Keywords: (vampires) (werewolves) (faeries) (modern fantasy)

In a world where humans and supernatural beings mingle freely among each other, an influential family finds out their sickly child/grandchild (Your OC) has supernatural blood. Worried that news of this might spread and ruin their reputation, Your OC is sent to a supernatural hospital for treatment for a cure.

Unlike all the human hospitals, this hospital, the Healing Home, consists only of supernaturals creatures. Vampire doctors perform more accurate blood transplants. Werewolves act as service animals for sick patients. Unicorns graze freely in the surrounding countryside. Mermaids specialize with water therapy. Faeries use their magic to enchant food and clean bed-side flowers. Witches use potions to create and prescribe medicine.

Your OC meets other patients there and finally finds that he/she is not alone. This place is so peaceful that your OC is finally coming to terms with his/her supernatural genes and when the safety of the hospital is threatened, is willing to do anything to protect it.
✿ The Favor Returned ✿
_15__by_lexiconicy-dbhkuw1.png

Other Optional Genres: Romance , Slice of Life , Adventure/Quest
Optional Pairing(s): human-x-mermaid (Preferred FxM but will consider MxM or FxF)
Keywords: (mermaid) (princess) (forbidden love) (lost at sea)

A young princess lives in a western kingdom near the sea. As a little girl, she would play near the palace pond inside the castle grounds. And every time, she would see him there. A strange boy lived in the pond. The top of him looked like any other boy, but he had those funny looking fins on his back and even a pointy tail that splashed in the water. Yet, even though he never came out of that pond, the two of you had a lot of fun together and became fast friends. He was your little secret. No one else knew.

After a while, she notices her friend is growing increasingly sad. He tells her that he longs to a kingdom beyond the tide. He had tried swimming through the river that leads out of the palace grounds, but it’s blocked by the dam. He doesn’t have legs like she does and the blockade is too strong to pull apart. He’s trapped here. His sadness becomes unbearable and she makes a promise to him to help him escape.

With wits, strategy and a lot of luck, she manages to smuggle him out of the pond and into the sea. His delight was well worth the hassle. With tears and hugs, the two part ways and he promises that if their paths met again he shall return her kindness.

Many years went by and now the princess a young lady and at age to take the throne. However, much to her father/mother/guardian’s insistence, they plan to pair her with some stuffy prince she's never met. She is certainly more than capable to rule by herself, but as long as she under her guardian(s) rule, she has little choice in the matter. She's been summoned by a prince in the islands in the east and on the next ship, she reluctantly set to sail. But on the way, the ship is met with a fierce storm. When she is certain that the fates have decided she face a water grave, a warm embrace and a familiar voice promises her that she is going to be alright. That she will live another day. That they will return the kindness that she gave to them.
✿ The Silver Son ✿
_12__by_lexiconicy-db9frn7.png

Other Genres: Romance, Adventure/Quest, Slice of Life
Optional Pairing(s): god/diety-x-human (FxM, MxM)
Keywords: (childhood sweethearts) (prophecy) (forbidden love) (astrology)

In a land far beyond the horizon, where the sands are warm ivory and the mountains jagged black, the land of Quana is ruled by a monarchy of celestial beings said to be born from the fire of stars and smoke of the nebulas. These dark fae-like creatures are the founders of the land and thus, the true rulers of the land. The new king or queen, when the time is right, is born from a drop of starlight that falls from the sky and crystalizes into the sea, bathing the ocean and rivers in sparkling galaxy light. The old queen has left to be with her kin in the stars and thus, a new king is born.

Some say this is where the kingdom is most vulnerable. And so it has come to pass that traitors and outsiders have taken a grab to the throne. Until they can come up with a way to permanently incompacitate the king, their strongest mage casts a spell to disguise

Your OC (female, but can be male) is the child of a poor merchant who lives and travels near the outskirts of the village. Your OC don't have many friends, but there is one boy they're are quite fond of. While Your OC doesn't know much about where he came from, but that makes little difference. The two children bond quickly and soon they spend as much time as they can together.

And then just as he came, he is gone and many years pass by. Your OC is certain your paths will never cross again. As they get older, he/she find work in the palace staff as a hand maid (or servant) to the country's very demanding steward. It isn't until a string of mysterious phenomenon occur that Quana is overturned and the true king is returned to the throne. A king that is all too familiar to Your OC, more than any of the courtiers or advisors or any one in the court could ever know.

Your OC soon realizes that the country's prince, future king, is not just wise and born to rule, but more importantly, he is very lonely. Your OC wish to see that kind, innocent and playful boy you remember. And even though they are separated by time, royal blood and political agendas, Your OC are determined to stay by his side no matter what adventures lie ahead.
☁ The Nameless ☁
_20__by_lexiconicy-dbpvbgi.png

Other Optional Genres: Action , Dystopia , Slice of Life , Horror/Psychological Horror
Optional Pairing(s): nameless-x-nameless (FxM, MxM, FxF)
Keywords: (mystery) (afterlife) (the beyond) (limbo)

In our world, there are many who are given to death without an identity - victims of unfortunate circumstance that we label as "John" or "Jane" Doe. But what is the true mystery behind these nameless ones? Is it how they passed? Who their last contact was? Why life was taken from them?

Or is it what happens to them next?

Your OC finds that out first hand when he/she awakens in a grayscale version of their own world, where the only colors are monochrome versions of the world they once called home. It's not long before they are greeted by the world's omniscient game master the nameless ones they call La Cuna - this entity takes many forms - maybe it is a beautiful lady or perhaps it's a cactus plant in a ceramic pot. It might be a shadow at the corner of your eye or a spindle of thread at the end of a needle.

But it speaks many names yet no names that are understood.

In fact, no one here has a name, not real names but only names that they give themselves - the true power of a name is more powerful even than death itself. La Cuna takes the names jane and john does of our world and keeps them in the other world, using that name's power to control and manipulate them. But once a nameless learns their real name, they are no longer under the power of La Cuna and can pass to the afterlife.

But the path to a name is paved in a high price. La Cuna explains that your OC are now a 'nameless' forced to bend by the rules of the other world - He/She is now forced to take part in this intricate web that the entity feeds on as it drains away those deemed nameless until they cease to exist completely. If a nameless is devoured, then they no longer are.

But your OC, for whatever reason, remembers each and every game while his/her fellow nameless do not. This strange limbo your OC finds themselves now is a place where every fact, date and concept related to it's inhabitants have been eaten away but somehow, he/she can remember parts of it. Slowly, your OC seeks a way to find clues to their past and the past of the other nameless around them- but what sacrifices is your OC willing to make to close the final chapter of their existence?

Do they seek to find what's been stolen or will they forever remain nameless?
◆ The Echoer ◆
_6__by_lexiconicy-db0jpu7.png

Other Optional Genres: Action , Dystopia , Romance/ Triangle Romance
Optional Pairing(s): human-x-cyborg (FxM, MxM, FxF)
Keywords: (interstellar civilization) (mafia) (tough love)

A futuristic city is having problems with their criminal rates. In an effort to lower the crime level in the city slums, the government issues a rehabilitation program called ECHO where criminals are "recycled" and turned into servant androids that aid the public.

When (Your OC) is falsely accused and sentenced to be recycled, they catch the attention of a notorious mobster - a cyborg who is not only the mob boss of the biggest underground crime syndicate in the nation but is also to have been the only one to have escaped the ECHO program. In exchange for freedom, the cyborg demands help arranging a cyber attack on the city's plasmid bank so they can smuggling illegal plasmids out of city. The only problem is that the cyborg thinks (Your OC) is someone else, an ex government system's engineer who has knowledge of the under-city's codes and data lines.

A case of mistaken identity, (Your OC) must play a dangerous game to ensure they don't end up in the belly of the ECHO.
回 The Hemlock Grove 回
_2__by_lexiconicy-day9ysi.png

Other Optional Genres: Fantasy , Adventure/Quest , Horror/Psychological Horror , Supernatural
Optional Pairing(s): human-x-monster (FxM, MxM, FxF)
Keywords: (dance with death) (most dangerous game) (witch) (demonic)

When Your OC comes into possession of an enchanted book with a human tongue that promises a single wish, the realizes that they have bargained more than what they have thought.

In order to have their most desired wish granted, Your OC agrees to play a series of dangerous games with a thousand year old witch known as The Seer. Given only an magical lantern, an clay figurine with a heart beat, and pocketful of dried sage Your OC must complete these tasks and cross dangerous monsters or spend their eternity in fates far worse than death.
◆ The Phantom Code ◆
_4__by_lexiconicy-dazft1m.png

Other Optional Genres: Action , Dystopia , Adventure/Quest
Optional Pairing(s): N/A
Keywords:
(powers) (underground lab) (astral projection) (twins)

There is a futuristic society where some people hold supernatural powers and some do not. This is a lie. Starting at a very young age, people outside of the government positions are forced to take medication that suppresses their powers so that the those in power can easily control them. They believe they're talking vitamin supplements or medicine to help with migraines, but the medicine itself is actually making them more passive and moldable.

Worried that the effects will eventually wear off, the government starts developing a new pill called MOTH. It's designed not only to make the people more vulnerable, but it will ultimately remove the people of their powers permanently. However, they're missing part of their code needed to finish Project MOTH.

A young girl (Your OC) is raised in an underground lab, a place where bizarre and often cruel tests occur. She's here for a specific reason. She has the power to communicate with things that other people cannot. Plants, animals and even the dead. The only reason she's allowed to use her powers is so that the supreme leader can communicate to his dead brother and receive the finishing codes to the MOTH project.

The dead brother, the phantom, explains to her how in his past life he was interrogated for data about the new pill by his own brother, but he died before they could break it out of him. And now they're using her to get him to spill the code with the promise that he can be returned to his body, which is being held in a stasis facility.

Disgusted with his brother and ashamed of himself for starting Project MOTH, the phantom takes pity of the girl and implants a part of himself inside a defective guard dog. Together, they must either face the wrath of the new Order and find a way to stop them.
❇ The Last Pale Light ❇
_7__by_lexiconicy-db1mkvk.png

Other Optional Genres: Action , Slice of Life , Romance
Optional Pairing(s): human-x-human (FxM, MxM, FxF)
Keywords: (apocalypse) (end times) (tough love) (desperation)

It's been nearly 3 months since the infection started and Your OC has holed himself/herself up inside their old apartment room for the time being. The apartments have been marked up as 'dead ends' and the undead roam the outer courtyards down below.

But it's not so bad because above your OC's apartment, My OC is still living in their original apartment. They've gotten creative in ways they communicate with each other - such as your OC sitting on the bathroom bathtub to talk to my OC, who is lying on their bathroom floor. Or how the two of them can pass items between each other via a pulley system they've devised from the balcony. It's nice to have a means to collect supplies or share tips, sure and sometimes My OC shares their radio when it can get a connection - but mostly the two are looking for companionship with another. Who knows, they may be the only humans left out there.

So when one day the noise from upstairs suddenly stops, your OC is left with a decision - do they venture upstairs to see what's happened to their only human contact and risk joining the infected?

thanks to auideas@tumblr for the awesome idea/prompt!
❤ The Gentle Art of Making Enemies (18+) ❤
_11__by_lexiconicy-db9dlpz.png

Other Genres: DARK Comedy , Supernatural
Optional Pairing(s): angel-x-demon (FxM, MxM, FxF)
Keywords: (toxic love) (frenemies) (divine intervention)

In a new, modern yet classy area, angels and demons battle each other over the lives of mortal man through a challenge of wit, contest of charisma and the occasional stab to the neck. These are New Testament times and this calls for new measures. Thus, Paradise Academy (Heaven) and the Institute of Fire and Brimstone (Hell) set up new defense divisions to train their best angelic soldiers and fiercest demonic warriors to learn the new art of making enemies.

Angels and demons cannot die through mortal means of course, but that doesn't mean that bashing in the skull of your once heavenly brother or sister won't leave you to an advantage.

Your OC (male or female) is a an young angel/demon sent out into the world for the first time to save/decieve as many souls as you can. However, your advances are constantly sabotaged when a rookie angel/demon (My OC).You manage to the even the odds, only for your opponent to one up you. The circle continues for centuries. Your annoyance turns to hatred which turns to sick curiosity which turns to fixation.

And so your ways of flirtation are how badly you can maim, torture and kill each other and before long the two of you have an addiction. Don't think your superiors won't notice eventually and take decisive measures to make sure the two of you remember your places.
❤ The Saving Grace ❤
_19__by_lexiconicy-dbprt23.png

Other Genres: Dystopian , Supernatural , Adventure/Quest
Optional Pairing(s): dictator-x-time traveller (FxM, MxM, FxF)
Keywords: (alternate history) (separate timelines) (vintage inspired)

Your OC (female or male) is an individual who has the power to see and pass across several timelines. And there is one person whom they've been looking after in each plain they cross, (My OC) - someone whom they care for more than all the worlds combined.

So when Your OC comes across a timeline where My OC has been corrupted into a ruthless dictator whose threatening their safety, he/she immediately steps in to stop him/her. But matters become complicated when Your OC becames trapped inside this dystopian world and the rules suddenly change - My OC is hunting down other versions of themselves and killing them in an attempt to free themselves from the loop.

Your OC is now become trapped in a time loop and loosing their grip on the one person they hold dear.

Can Your OC truly save this timeline without the use of their powers and with My OC, once a friend, now trying to destroy them?
ϟ The Marked ϟ
_18__by_lexiconicy-dbprpiy.png

Other Genres: Supernatural , Dystopian
Optional Pairing(s): N/A
Keywords: (hitman) (assassin) (on the run) (government experiments)

There's a city that God forgot - A sin city where those in power are either shady individuals in high government positions or vicious crime bosses that mark their territory in the underground in blood

Your OC (male or female) is a bounty hunter notorious in the black marker known for deadly skill and professionalism, often performing hits that others of the profession turn down. Your OC is contacted by an government organization who keeps them on a strict 'need to know' basis - they wants the hitman to take out a rouge experiment.

This experiment's trail has been marked down the inner city slums and the subject’s presence among the humans makes it extremely dangerous. It’s up to you to see this subject is take down. When arrive arrive to meet the contact, who shows a picture of your target, the realization hits - your target is a child.

There has to be some mistake, but your contact assures you that they are quite serious and have every intention on paying you extra for your troubles. You’ve has promised a large sum, enough to retire on plus an additional costs for any troubles. It's in a time like this where you're reminded of your humanity - and now a final choice lays ahead.

Thank you for your time! If you saw something you like, then I look forward to discussing RP ideas with you - if you have any questions or your own original ideas you'd like to share, feel free to respond to this thread or send me a PM.

latest

Stay safe, my lovelies, and until next time~

Last edited:
Hello! I'm quite interested in hemlock grove, it's right up my alley way! I'd send you a pm but, unfortunately, I gotta go back to work. V.v

Hello! I'm quite interested in hemlock grove, it's right up my alley way! I'd send you a pm but, unfortunately, I gotta go back to work. V.v

No worries! If you come back from work and find that you still wanna do it, feel free to shoot me a PM ^-^

Hello! So, your plot 'The Silver Son' sounds very interesting! I would love to take part in it with you, if you're still looking for partners!

Also, your thread is so nicely formatted and gorgeous and I'll just sit over here in my BBC code illiterate corner and be in awe.

Hello! So, your plot 'The Silver Son' sounds very interesting! I would love to take part in it with you, if you're still looking for partners!

Also, your thread is so nicely formatted and gorgeous and I'll just sit over here in my BBC code illiterate corner and be in awe.

I would love to RP this one with you if that one tickles your fancy!

Hehehe, aww, thank you! Though honestly I just had way too much time on my hands for a Saturday night c'x

Shoot me a PM and we can talk about details~

You have so many responses! Are any of these still open!? And are you willing to write!? (:

You have so many responses! Are any of these still open!? And are you willing to write!? (:

Heya! if they have a ✔ by them, then I consider them open~ c:
PM me if there's one that'd you'd like to do <3

Howdy! You seem pretty rad! Not to mention you obviously have a load of free time.
In the interest of keeping this short, I'll refrain from any more snarkiness. ;)

While you've said you're not willing to play any fandom stuff, which I totally respect, I've never found two people who agree on what exactly falls under that genre. So, out of curiosity, I was wondering if you'd be open to a story based in the Star Wars universe, during the activation of Order 66, to be exact. I'll gladly give more info if you're interested! If not, I'd quite like to give your The Last Pale Light plot a shot. Perhaps even The Marked as well ^^

Howdy! You seem pretty rad! Not to mention you obviously have a load of free time.
In the interest of keeping this short, I'll refrain from any more snarkiness. ;)

While you've said you're not willing to play any fandom stuff, which I totally respect, I've never found two people who agree on what exactly falls under that genre. So, out of curiosity, I was wondering if you'd be open to a story based in the Star Wars universe, during the activation of Order 66, to be exact. I'll gladly give more info if you're interested! If not, I'd quite like to give your The Last Pale Light plot a shot. Perhaps even The Marked as well ^^

Hehehe, or rather procrastinating from things that I actually have to do... XD
While I do love the Star Wars franchise, I'm afraid I'll have to pass - I have dabbled a bit in the fandom writing in the past and while I'm sure I'll pick it up one day, it's not quite what I'm looking for at the moment ^-^; Thanks for the offer though!

The Last Pale Light and the Marked are both open, if you're still interested in either one free free to shoot me a PM when you have the chance to c:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back