Advice/Help Handling Open-World RPs

marc122

chew
Hello! I’m currently trying to think of how to organize an open-world RP.

One way I’ve considered is having a hub in the “Roleplays” section linking to individual places, that people can RP on, within the “Extra Pages” subsection.

Another way is just having all the places accessible on one thread in the “Roleplays” section while the CSes go to a separate thread on that “Extra Pages” subsection.

I’m not really sure about what I should go with. The first way sounds promising, but i’m not sure if I want to do that because “Extra Pages” is usually for OoC and CSes. The second one streamlines things a bit, but it could go wrong without the right guidelines.

So what should I go with? All feedback is appreciated!

(you said open-ended instead of open world fyi)

Hello! I’m currently trying to think of how to organize an open-world RP.

One way I’ve considered is having a hub in the “Roleplays” section linking to individual places, that people can RP on, within the “Extra Pages” subsection.

Another way is just having all the places accessible on one thread in the “Roleplays” section while the CSes go to a separate thread on that “Extra Pages” subsection.

I’m not really sure about what I should go with. The first way sounds promising, but i’m not sure if I want to do that because “Extra Pages” is usually for OoC and CSes. The second one streamlines things a bit, but it could go wrong without the right guidelines.

So what should I go with? All feedback is appreciated!
You can actually use the Extra Pages subsection for whatever kind of threads you want, including additional IC threads. If you want, to make things really easy on your players for navigation, you can actually link threads together through the Threadmarks system. Here's the link to a tutorial on how you can actually link them together.

Threadmark Tutorial [with Images]

maybe it'd be good to have folks submit plot ideas to you and make their own threads in extra pages after collaboration.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back