• If your recruitment thread involves completely going off site with your partner(s) then it belongs in the Off-Site Ad Area.
  • This area of the site is governed by the official Recruitment rules. Whether you are looking for players or looking for a roleplay, we recommend you read them and familiarize your self with them. Read the Recruitment Rules Here.

Fandom Halo: SPARTAN Odyssey needs Characters!

Kyero

Three Thousand Club
Hey everyone, Kyero here!

I have a Halo based RP, and I need some more people to play civilian type characters.

The RP brings to the table a new breed of SPARTANs, the SPARTAN VI. These SPARTANs are lighter, faster, stronger, and more lethal than any SPARTANs who have come before.

However, because these are such powerhouse characters, I need more modest and normal people to round out the main cast of the adventure. By themselves they might be unstoppable in one on one fights, but in the grand scheme of things the SPARTANs need normal people around them to keep themselves grounded. So anything such as a farmer, a mechanic, a scientist, a biologist, a medical doctor, a teacher, anything of that nature is fair game for civilian characters.

Mind you, the criteria for said character is fairly strict and demanding, so if you're a beginner level role-player I'd recommend staying away from it. If you fancy yourself as an intermediate or advanced player, then I challenge you to create a character profile that matches or surpasses my own in terms of content volume and organization for your character (and don't use filler). If you can impress me with your character, then you're almost guaranteed to get into the RP.

I do not allow reservations though, so do not ask "can I reserve a spot?" I don't do that. If you want in your have to earn it. That is all, thank you.

The RP's main page can be found here: Halo: SPARTAN Odyssey

Thank you for your time, and I hope to see some new applicants for civilian type characters very soon!

Last edited by a moderator:
Hey there. First off I'd just like to say how much I love the sound of this. I've given it a quick peek but I was just wondering how much you'd need to know about the Halo universe in order to RP. I've played through every one of the games and I'm quite familiar with the lore. I've even watched the anime ones that expand the universe a little bit. I'd love to have a go at this, just got a lot of stuff to take in.

Cipah said:
Hey there. First off I'd just like to say how much I love the sound of this. I've given it a quick peek but I was just wondering how much you'd need to know about the Halo universe in order to RP. I've played through every one of the games and I'm quite familiar with the lore. I've even watched the anime ones that expand the universe a little bit. I'd love to have a go at this, just got a lot of stuff to take in.
Even if you had not known about the Halo universe at all, I designed this RP to be approachable for anyone. The more you know about the lore, the better, but nobody looking to join NEEDS to know about the Halo franchise to understand how to get involved in a war-type RP with a few futuristic elements. The same point and shoot mechanics apply, as do strategizing and interacting with others.

Alright, cool. How well do you need to be able to RP in order to join? I've seen the character sign-ups for some people and they have an impressive amount of text when it comes to their backstories and such.

Cipah said:
Alright, cool. How well do you need to be able to RP in order to join? I've seen the character sign-ups for some people and they have an impressive amount of text when it comes to their backstories and such.
As long as you can complete the required information on the character sheet and never post a one line response, you're fine.

My own profile went above and beyond because that's just what I do (pretentious as it sounds). My father is a Technical Writer (writes the giant ass manuals that goes along with software products), so my own writing always exceeds my requirements of others because I believe that if I can't go above and beyond then why should anyone RPing with me feel they have to do so or feel they should push themselves beyond what they normally do? Know what I mean?

Yeah, that's pretty cool. I'm sure your RP skills are quite amazing. I'd love to see them for myself. I'd love to join then, if I have your blessing. I can't promise you gold, but I'll put effort into making the best I can offer.

Cipah said:
Yeah, that's pretty cool. I'm sure your RP skills are quite amazing. I'd love to see them for myself. I'd love to join then, if I have your blessing. I can't promise you gold, but I'll put effort into making the best I can offer.
I look forward to your character sheet.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back