• If your recruitment thread involves completely going off site with your partner(s) then it belongs in the Off-Site Ad Area.
  • This area of the site is governed by the official Recruitment rules. Whether you are looking for players or looking for a roleplay, we recommend you read them and familiarize your self with them. Read the Recruitment Rules Here.

Futuristic Halo: Operation SHATTERED SKY (OPEN & ACCEPTING)

Viper Actual

Ask me about my tourniquet fetish.
Supporter
Header V3.png

The year is 2534 and you are about to embark on a top-secret mission to recover a weapon in the war against the alliance of alien species known as 'the Covenant'.

Verent, a somewhat densely populated UEG colony sitting between the outer and inner systems is the home to a secret ONI research facility. There, steps have been taken to find an advantage against the Covenant in the current galaxy-spanning conflict.
Unfortunately the Covenant located Verent by accident a few days ago and now military assets are being rushed into play to retrieve this powerful weapon before the Covenant manage to glass the entire planet.

Judging by their track record the Covenant will need little time to overpower local UNSC defenses and as the Office of Naval Intelligence mobilize their Sensitive Recovery Group (SRG) alongside a company of Orbital Drop Shock Troopers the clock is already ticking down. Hastily quartered aboard the UNSC Tangible Excuse- an ONI Razor-class Prowler- the team is planned to make a sensitive extraction on Verent's surface in the midst of the Covenant assault.

Little did they know however that their plans would take a dramatic turn for the worse...

Welcome to Halo: Operation SHATTERED SKY! This story-oriented RP will put you in the boots of an ODST working alongside ONI to retrieve and extract a prototype weapon from the planet Verent before the planet is glassed by the Covenant. By now, several worlds have already fallen under the boot of the Covenant during the Human-Covenant War though all hope is not lost; UNSC forces continue to fight back in whatever way they can against the numerical superiority of the Covenant.

Unfortunately for you however you are no Spartan-II donning MJOLNIR armor (nor will you receive the help of one), but rather a very small cog in the large machinery that is the UNSC and- more importantly- the Office of Naval Intelligence.

Your squad? Members of the 65th Shock Troops Division, 1st ONI Force Recon Company. Tasked with assisting ONI operatives and SecNav agents most of you have fought your fair share of insurrectionists prior to squaring down against aliens on the battlefield though due to casualties sustained during the war some of you are also greenhorns and fresh transfers. Regardless if your unit cohesion is up to the challenge or not there is simply no time to waste on Verent.

- Prepare to drop.

While this RP is focused on story there will be some rolls during combat. Players unlucky enough to have their characters killed in action will "respawn" as members of the UNSC Army's "Black Cats" combat engineers or as Marines of the "5-5".

Who can join?

More or less anyone. I don't expect any applicants to be experts on Halo lore though a basic understanding would certainly be helpful when writing. Adding to that, I do however want to state that the required posting length should be around (at least) two paragraphs. No need for essays nor one-liners. Being a non-native English speaker myself I do not expect near-perfect academic writing but I do expect you to know your way somewhat around writing and grammar.

For now I am currently looking for 8 dedicated players to embark on this adventure with me. I expect participants to post once a week/once every two weeks- life always takes priority though!

With that said, I look forward to seeing your applications! Thanks.

Find the OOC here and the IC here!

Last edited:
Viper Actual Viper Actual
Count me very interested.
Will we be starting with basic loadouts or is there some lee way as to the equipment we take into the field. IE. Demolitions with rocket launchers and explosives?

Will we be starting with basic loadouts or is there some lee way as to the equipment we take into the field. IE. Demolitions with rocket launchers and explosives?
As this is a high-risk, time-sensitive ONI assignment our starting equipment will be very non-traditional and "better" than regular ODSTs.

That said, a (for example) demolitions trooper with enough Spnkr ammo to level a street wouldn't be too out of place. :coolshades:

As this is a high-risk, time-sensitive ONI assignment our starting equipment will be very non-traditional and "better" than regular ODSTs.

That said, a (for example) demolitions trooper with enough Spnkr ammo to level a street wouldn't be too out of place. :coolshades:
So what you're saying is, we're the Navy SEALS of ODSTs?

Would you be opposed to an embedded agent liaising with the team and deploying with them ad-hoc. Also, I deleted my avatar by accident...
As long as he/she/they have some form of military background, then absolutely.

Glassed planets have bad records.

Viper Actual Viper Actual have my interest, though I'm really mobbed by work/academics. Army is poopoo.

Y'all know I'm here for this. Just tell me when we're dropping~

I'd like to join as well!

I’m interested boss. Finding a good Halo RP is few and far between so can’t pass up the chance lol

Definitely interested if it’s still accepting

Annnnnnnd you got an applicant

I'll be keeping an eye on this, love me some Halo.

Feel free to submit your character applications here.

Sheets are looking good so far y'all! If possible I'll try to kick things into play by this weekend- if not earlier.

Discord invite for keeping up with news will come soon to those with approved sheets alongside a RPN OOC thread.

Yeah, I saw it was closed, so I wasn't sure if I should
Apologies for the confusion- still open though as of now we're up to nine interested. If needed be I'll expand the in-game party though I'd rather not go too large.

Regardless, I intend to kick things off this week with or without eight completed/approved character sheets.

Apologies for the confusion- still open though as of now we're up to nine interested. If needed be I'll expand the in-game party though I'd rather not go too large.

Regardless, I intend to kick things off this week with or without eight completed/approved character sheets.
I'm not gonna be on as much as I'd like, so I'm sorry, but I gotta drop out

Users who are viewing this thread

Back