• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.
Annabelle was cured in the corner of her cell, she was shaking from the torture she had just gone threw and sokend to the bone. She had spent hours being submerged in water till she nearly passed out only tone revived and have it repeated. Even know there was a puddle of water around her leaking from her soled clothes and hair. She was terrified, but then agan when wasn't she terrified these days.

Crow hummed softly, making his way through seemingly endless hallways. He’d done it a thousand times before; it was almost second nature. He carried a warm, dry change of clothes with him as he walked, careful not to drop anything. Crow stopped just outside her cell. He crouched down and held out the clothes to her. “Here.”

Annabelle looked up and was scared but she saw the dry clothes and she crawled forward to taken them then she sprawled back about a foot and started changing right there beoned caring. She was freezing, the kinda freezing she only got when she went surfing in the winter and that she remedied with emidiet hot tea and warm cloths then a hot shower when she got home. She pulled on the shirt and them whent to change her undergarments befoer pulling on the pants. It did little to warm her but it atlest aloud her to keep her body heat. "Th-th-the-Thank y-you" she stated still freezing and skating with cold.

Crow kept his eyes closed while she was changing. He didn’t quite understand why, he just knew it was a polite thing to do. He wished they would let him give her a sweater. She’d be much warmer that way. And she wouldn’t get sick. People called him cruel, but he refused to torture the sick.

Annabelle starred up at the man, she recognized him from some if her tourture sessions. She knew she should be terrified my his proximity but she didn't have it in her to be. He looked a bit like her, skinny and pail. She had no idea how she managed to stay pail with all the time she spent in the sun, but she was, so much so that her time here hadn't really effected her skin tone. She just looked at him "D-do they w-a-want-t me aga-in?" She asked trying to be brave

He shook his head quickly. His whole arm slipped through bars easily, held out if she needed it. People were different, he knew that, but he was there. She seemed just....so scared. Crow flexed his fingers, showing her he wasn’t there to hurt her.

Annabelle stated at his hand then she came forward and put her cheek to his hand feeling the warmth. She thinks she gives a whimper bit she isnt shure. His hand is warm on her icy cheek and she closes her eyes for a moment before opening them and looking straight into them. His eyes are the color of the ocean, a comforting sight for her. She is terrified out of her mind, but in this moment she feels calm and safe.

He leaves his hand there. It's a small amount of comfort to know that she isn't terrified of him. She's cold. Very cold. What on earth did they do to her? He slipped his arm back out for a moment, giving her a look that said 'wait a moment'. He slipped off his sweater and handed it to her.

Annabelle just stared at the sweater then she slowly took it waiting for him to take it back an jeer. When it was in her hands she brought it to her nose fisrt, then her cheek befoer sloping hit on. It was just about perfect on her, she guessed they where about the same size thow he had a half foot on her "the-ank you" she said the shaking slowing thiw she still have occasional jerks. Then she said quietly "You have eyes like the ocean" and she glanced at the ground infront of his feet.

He sat silently, not doing much. He knew what it was like, being afraid. He never understood anything else. Fear was simple. Anger was complicated. "Sleep. Need it." he stood up slowly and brushed himself off. "Back tomorrow." Crow hated it, but he had to. She had information they wanted, or something along the lines of that. "Good rest, survive."

Annabelle nodded and crawled backwards to the other corner of her cell the dry one and closed her eyes, she soon drifted off to sleep though she didn't remember dreaming. She shaking soon stoped completley and she even relaxed a little. She was rudely awaken though by gards who dragged her up and away. She didn't bother to fight she was taken to a room and had the sweater and pants removed leaving her in shorts so that could have access to her arms and legs, then she was strapped down to a table like Clair and left alone, she could see all sorts or instments layed out everywhere. She knew that wanted to find out what she was but the problem was she didn't know herself.

Last edited:
Crow stood silently near one of the tables. This was most likely the worst part of his job. Sure, he had good reasons, but he hated hurting people. He delicately picked up a syringe filled with pink-ish liquid. He tapped it a few times to make sure it was stable. "Sorry." his eyes were sad as he pushed the syringe into her arm.

"Please" she wisperd, but she didn't even know what she was asking for. "I don't know anything I..." she stood as a wave washed over her and she felt alert, to alert like the edges of everything was sharpening and she felt...perinoied, but she didn't know why, she didn't have a why, and her chest was suddenly backing slightly as her heartbleed increased. This was terrifying. Her eyes flitted around the room if there own accord and said "No, no , make it stop, make it stop, I don't know, I don't, know, it tell you If i did, i promise, I swear, I don't know" then she focused on him "Please, if I knew I'd tell you please believe be, I don't know I realy don't know"

"Mm." he set the now empty syringe on a tray. "That was five hundred milligrams of caffeine. Enough to give a child under thirteen a severe seizure but for you, well that may only be an end result. Irregular heartbeat, difficulty breathing, hallucinations. The list goes on." he seemed a bit cold, but he had to be. "Just tell us what you are and this can all be over." there was a second syringe on the tray. "Or death can be painful. Very painful."

"I don't know, I realy don't know, I'm human, I've always been human, my parent thought I might be a mermaid but you already tested that. If I'm not human than I realy don't know what I am." She was starting to hyperventilate and the room was getting darker then the voices started and she screamed "No! Not them please, you have me please don't tuch them!" She was hearing the voices of ther parents in the hallway and she was fighting now struggles to get free. "NO!!! Please I dont know anything!, I don't know what I am!" she screamed, but hearing her parents in danger was what had done it on top of her head where wolf ears and behind her a matching tail both as white as seafoam, she had no idea though. Her ears where pressed flat against her head in fear.

Crow was genuinely frightened. Where did he put it? A different syringe, black-gray liquid. It would stop the caffeine. He needed to find it. “Take deep breaths.” he gave a light touch to her hand. He spotted the syringe and quickly picked it up. He stuck it in her arm, hoping it would work in time.

Annabelle was so worked up she was shaking again. She looked into his eyes and she started crying silently teas leaking from her eyes"I really don't know what I am please, please beleve me. Don't hurt my perents, I've been good I dont lie I know better than the lie please, you have me whatever I am just let them go please." She was shaking, though not violently like she had with cold this was more of a tremble. She was pleading with him silently. She didn't know, she had yet to even realize her tail and ears had emerged for the first time.

Crow loosely gripped her hand. “Shh, shh.” he rubbed across her fingers with the pads of his own. “What I just gave you will stop the hallucinations and help you breathe better. Activated charcoal and traditional asthma medication. You will be alright.”

"Not real?" She asked her chest didn't heal so heavy and though the shaking didn't stop she relaxed. The room lost its sharpnes and he perents voicesdisaperd. "Not real" she wisperd. She didn't know why she trusted him but she did. Then her left ear twitched and she let out a scream "what did you do to me?!?" She was suddenly aware of her ears and tail. "What did you do, unless, no, I didn't know, know, I sware I didn't know, I still dont know what I am. Why do I have ears and a tail now?!?" She was starting to get scared again her heart speeding with fear on its own.

Crow winced at her scream. His ears were sensitive, it was painful. He huddled into his sweater, his voice coming out soft and so small. “I don’t know.” it was just fear. Why was she yelling? He had just saved her life. Was she angry at him for that? Did she want to die? He gave a weak sob, pulling his over-large sleeves up to his face.

Annabell's new ears drooped at the sound of his sob. "I'm sorry, I...I don't know your name but I'm sorry. I shouldn't yell, I know I yell loud. I'm sorry. Please don't be scared of me, I was just started. I can feel I have animal ears and a tail and it's freaking me out, and I'm sorry. I didn't mean to scare you. I'd, I'd give you a hug but I'm strapped down." She was using her training, she was scared out of her mind but she was acting calm and reassuring becase he needed it.

He sniffled and moved over to the table. He started undoing her restraints. “Y-You have t-to promise not to-o run-n away.” he hesitated on the straps over her legs. His eyes were brimmed with tears and blue with sadness. “Y-You-u h-have to p-pr-promise.”

"I promise, and the door is locked remember, and you dont need to undo my legs, I just need my arms to do this..." then she reached and pulled him to her and hugged him, it wasnt tight as she didn't have the strength, but she hugged him. She just sat there holding him and waiting for him to make the next move, let him be in charge.

Crow held back a little before breaking down in tears. He was done, just done. He hated his job, he hated his life. It would have been so much better if they’d never rescued him from his burning house. He shook violently, sobs breaking his sickly form.

Annabelle held him then she said "Shhhh, it's ok". She rubed his back then pulled away and whipped his eyes then her own. "Can you tell me your name? You where so nice to me, I want to know what to call you." She was holding his face like he had held hers now. "I'm Annabelle, I'm 19, and I don't know what I am but maybe you can tell me. Maybe know that know what I am you can ask to be my handler, please?"

Users who are viewing this thread

Back