• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.
"We must at least..." he sighed, trying to calm himself, "We must at least try to find out who has done such a thing. Do some sleuthing somehow." He ignored his frustratingly calm uncle for the moment. Having a level head was good, but... that was a step too ridiculous. He watched as Persephone moved from the shade to Hades's side. She touched his arm in a delicate gesture before sliding her fingers into his.

"I really am sorry...," she whispered.

Zeus sighed again and waved, "Right. Anyway, good luck with... that. I genuinely mean it. I'm sure you'll do wonderfully though, and if you need any recommendations on places to go, some nice romantic locations, I can hook you up." The last bit made him grin a little as he disappeared, despite the situation.

Kana looked back up at Hades after he disappeared and squeezed his hand, blush touching her cheeks, cheeks that still looked like Persephone's. "Romantic locations... huh? Zeus sure does have some... interesting tastes. I don't know if I'd trust his version of romantic," she joked, trying to lighten the mood. It didn't work for herself. She looked down at her hand in his, "I feel like you're not being open about something. The way you were talking with Zeus. Should I be worried? Is... there something I need to know about?"

His fingers twined with Kana's, watching Zeus leave. Why does the idea of going to anywhere Zeus calls romantic feel me with an odd sense of dread worse than Tartarus? Turning his attention to Kana no smile graced his features, though he understood what she was trying to do. "...Please. Never approach the pit without someone at your side. A shade will not suffice..." he paused for a moment, finally letting a dry laugh leave him. "I don't trust his version of romantic either, for what it's worth..." he fell silent, considering what to tell her...should he even tell her? No...he couldn't keep secrets from her, but he couldn't tell her everything. "Something arrived related to Persephone. We're going to look into it...I have to give the hounds a scent to follow." he studied her for a moment, gently reaching out to cup her cheek sadly. She still looked like her... "Kana...You still look just like her and sound like her... Can you turn back? It's frankly painful still...Just a moment."

He turned away from her, pursing his lips and letting out a low ghostly whistle, a haunting note that could send chills up the spine and hung in the air. After a brief moment, large shadow stains appeared on the walls of the room, larger than his own. From them stepped pitch-black mastiffs with eyes of flame, slowly padding over to their master's extended hand which hid the slip of paper. "Find the scent and follow it. Find who owns it...go." The hounds sniffed the paper before letting out their own ghostly howl, charging at the wall only to disappear into shadow stains on the wall. Turning his attention back to her, the paper went into his pocket discreetly. "So....do you want tea? Or did you want to continue the tour?"

“I... I’m sorry. Right,” she said, shaking her head. That was right. She was in a form that wasn’t hers. Or... was? Gods this whole thing was going to give her a permanent headache or something. She closed her eyes and her form shimmered and shifted back to Kana, save for the tips of her hair that faded from blue into the beautiful red that Persephone’s was. Not that she could see this. Her hair was still in a pony tail.

She watched Hades call the hounds, watched him give a scent, watched them head off. Kana shook her head when he asked, “I don’t know at the moment. I’m just worried. I’m still trying to wrap my head around the fact that I was her... or... that I am her. I don’t know what I think about any of this. It’s... terrifying. Even though my mother’s response to my questions... and what I’ve experienced... it confirms I am, somehow, Persephone. I don’t remember anything. I don’t remember you.” She teared up and began to cry again, her grip on his hand loosening to the point it would just slip out and down if he didn’t hold.

“Should I even call myself Kana anymore? Sh... should I just go by Persephone? It doesn’t feel wrong. It feels like my name. But that scares me even more! I have no control over anything here. No control over myself even. I... I got lured into Tartarus for Zeus’s sake!” She didn’t move, still in her crying, “If I’m... Persephone... gods... I shouldn’t even say IF! My own mother won’t deny it! Gods... as Persephone... wouldn’t that make you my husband?” Despite her concern for herself, she forced herself to look up into Hades’s eyes, “Though I don’t remember anything, I know it must hurt so much to see me like this, especially knowing I am her. Are... are you okay?”

He could only watch in sad concern as she seemed to break down, though he didn't let her hand fall free. As soon as it began to slip, he hand tightened into a squeeze around her own. It hurt to see her like this, it pained him to know he could offer her no true solace or comfort. Awkwardly he pulled her against him, an arm going defensively around her to hold her. "I cannot begin to fathom how this feels for you, any of it. It is fine if you remember nothing...it is fine if you do not remember me..." He closed his eyes, keeping her against him as if by letting her go she'd drift off. "You should call yourself whatever you feel is best. You don't have to consider me your husband, you don't even have to consider me a friend...but I ask you will give me a chance to earn those titles."

He gave a gentle shake of his head before continuing. "It does hurt...it's painful beyond belief. But what truly hurts me is seeing you in such pain. You and Persephone were not creatures of sadness...frowns and tears do not suit you. Please do not cry...hold your head up high. I do not ask you to address yourself differently. I do not ask you to view me as something you don't consider me. I don't even ask you ever consider me as anything...But I want you to be happy and confidant in whatever you do...I'd lie if I said I was okay, but that is inconsequential." He opened his eyes after a minute, finally looking at her. "So please...no more tears."

She let out a soft, dry laugh, tucking her face against his chest as he spoke. He was like an oasis in a storm. As much as he may hurt, himself, he was still protecting her and holding her up. She looked up at him as he finished and looked down at her. A soft smile touched her lips, “You really are incredible, aren’t you? That you can be so distraught yourself and still give so much care to me.”

“You’re right... tears don’t suit me at all,” she repeated and teased, “I think it’d be good to give you a chance to earn those titles. I mean, after all, you are a king. That sounds like being your queen would have quite the benefits!” She grinned up at him, sliding her free hand up until she was cupping his cheek. Her eyes were thoughtful, like she was studying his features, like she wanted to take in every inch of his face. “I want to give you every chance I can,” she said, “Already, you give me butterflies in my stomach, and it’s only been a day. Even if I have no idea what sort of foundation is there, I know there’s some base. I feel safe with you. I feel comfortable. I feel right.”

She sighed, “Alright. Being serious... I think it might cause an issue if you start calling me Persephone. It... might be a good first step, at least here in your house. If outside of here... then... I mean what if Demeter heard about it or something? I’m... a little scared of her. She was known to be extremely protective, if I’m not mistaken, and I’m one for my freedom, even if it gets me hurt in the process.”

He gave a puff of air at the comment of him being incredible. "Don't tell me such things, it will go to my head. My comfort is hypocritical if anything, as I do not offer it blindly." Hearing her offer to let him earn a place in his heart, even if it was followed by a joke, made something in his own heart stir just a bit. A chance was all he asked for, to win his wife again. Looking down at her he gave a nod. "Of course...Honestly, it's for the best if no one hears you addressed as such, for a number of reasons. Demeter especially, she would be all too eager to attempt to remove my head from my shoulders."

A hand gently pat her on the back before he reluctantly broke the hold on her. "I'm fine with you having your freedom, but please attempt to stay safe. No more going near Tartarus, that is the last place you should ever be." He studied her for a bit before heaving a sigh. Now what? "Well...we still have some of the day remaining before Apollo finishes his journey. You will always have a place to stay here, and your mother will welcome you as well if you return to her estate... I cannot promise I will always be present when you lay your head, sleep has eluded me for some time now. What would you like to do?" As he spoke the shade had obediently drifted over, sinking into Kana's shadow.

She smiled, a little reticent to let go of his hand. She squeezed a tiny bit before letting her hand drop to her side. She made the same sighing noise and propped her hands up onto her hips, "I have no idea what to do. We could go invite Thanatos and head out to the mortal realm? Maybe crash a party? Bless a few mortals that could really use it? That'd be something nice to do anyway... plus it'd feel so far from all of this... mess."

"Oh!! I know what I want to do!" she shouted, clapping her hands together once, "I want to go to Hephaestus and see if I can't buy a helmet for the Lokhagos!" She brought her knuckle up to her lips and gently bit it, "Oh... but... I've never actually personally gone to him to ask for anything... and... Aphrodite is kind of scary..."

He frowned a bit at the idea, shaking his head. "Kana, I don't need to explain why that's a terrible idea. I don't do parties, not even our own, nor do I recall ever giving a blessing...As for Thanatos, do you really believe the wisest choice we could have is bringing him to a party, let alone a mortal one?" At her suggestion to visit Hephaestus however, the frown seemed to disappear a bit. "Ah...that'd be a better idea. While the Lokhagos hardly needs equipment, I suppose you are the one who'd give a dead man a gift..." he couldn't help but feel a slight smile tug at the edge of his lips. "Don't worry about him though. He's hardly the worst member of my family, he just loves his duties...I find that fact relatable. Aphrodite is hardly terrifying to me...if you want to go visit him, I'll come with you." He paused for a moment, as if thinking about something, before speaking again. "But if I go, I cannot show much favoritism to you, if any. It is better for many reasons if others believe I am simply 'entertaining' you for now...as cruel as it is to say."

Last edited:
She shrugged at his concerns, smiling brightly, “I don’t see why you care what others think so much, Hades. I don’t really care if you show me favoritism or not, to be honest, but you should be able to do so if you damn well please. I mean... who do you have to answer to? No one but yourself.”

When they left via Hades’s shadow transport again, she was like an excited child. She had never spoken to the famous smith before! He was a legend! A legend she just wanted a silly helmet from...Oh geez. Would she even be able to afford it? What were his prices like?

And... she looked up at Hades, something she hadn’t thought about until they were already here. Wouldn’t Aphrodite be able to tell how he felt towards her? That might make the story of just “entertaining” a little difficult.

Ah well. She looked out towards the smith’s area. He was burly and intimidating in stature, but she knew, at least from stories, that he was fairly sweet. He had some sort of deformity affecting his feet, but other than that he was just like any other god. She swallowed hard and walked up.

“H...hi! Um. I... er. My name is Kana. I was wondering if I could maybe ask to buy a helmet from you? I... uh... it’s for a Lokhagos shade,” she spurt out quickly, stuttering from shyness.

He shook his head a bit. "I couldn't care less what others think of me, I never have. I care more about what others would consider about you, among other things. I'm sure many would adore the chance to get to me by harming someone I care for, as I do not have many of them." After he finished a shadow coiled around them both before collapsing on them and transporting them. Stepping out from the shadow stain on the wall he glanced around...if Aphrodite was around this would be somewhat difficult to maintain as a story...No, he could harden his heart, it would be fine.

The forge was impressive to say the least, the smell of ash, soot, and fire fresh in the air. The slam of a hammer on craft echoed through the room, the god consumed with his work, unaware of any visitors thus far. One of his legs and its foot was in a brace, the brace itself looking to be a lot cleaner than the rest of him. He didn't seem to stop his work as she spoke, hammer going up and slamming down once, twice, three more times. It was like he hadn't even registered what she had said...at least until he turned around, hammer going over his shoulder. "Eh? Kana...Kana. Afraid I don't know the name. Why do ya need a helmet, let alone for a shade Lokhagos or not..." His eyes drifted to Hades who was standing against the wall with his unamused neutral face, though he did wave to the forge god. He grinned a bit, waving back. "Alright...so you brought my uncle. That leaves me wondering more questions than answers I'm afraid...I can get you a helmet, that'd be easy. But why are you here with Hades of all gods?"

Hades didn't bother to move, hands going into his pockets. "She befriended a shade while being hosted at my residence, she insists to get it a helmet. I pride myself on being a good host, so I agreed to bring her to see you. How much would the helmet cost?" Hephaestus stared at Hades like he had asked a silly question, breaking out into laughter. "To your funds? Absolutely nothing. If you've any platinum in surplus that'd suffice."

image0.jpg

1585379844530.pngKana blushed, more than a little embarrassed at the situation, "I... I feel guilty about getting the shade into an unfortunate predicament. I feel the need to make it up to him. I realize it will matter little in the long run, but I feel it is important." She turned to look at Hades, "I... I can pay for it. You don't have to, Hades..." She knew already he was probably going to refuse, but she at least had to try.

From another room, Aphrodite walked in, having heard voices other than her husband's. She was, of course, stunningly beautiful with eyes that caught your breath, incredible curves, and a sweet little face that was pleasantly symmetrical. She peeked her head out of the doorway and smiled wide, "Oh my gosh Hades!! You didn't tell me you were coming!"

She hopped out and down, skipping over to him to give him a big hug, "Oh my gosh how long has it been since I last saw you, you shut-in? Are you getting Hephy to make you something? That's so great! Okay let's have him work and I'll get you guys some drinks. Come on." She grabbed his arm and pulled Hades along with force inside. She brought them to a kitchen, and began getting out glasses.

"Okay cutie-pie, what do you want to drink? Hm?" she asked, looking in the fridge, "Trick question! Let's just have some yummy wine. And don't worry your stressed little head over it, it's only wine. It's not gonna get you drunk or something." Aphrodite poured three glasses, then finally settled her gaze on Kana. "I don't think I've seen you around, cutie," she said, smiling, though Kana felt like it was the gaze of a predator sizing up its prey, "You are absolutely adorable and so blushy. Awww. It's alright. I don't mind people looking."

She brushed her fingers underneath Kana's chin and Kana shivered, blushing even harder. Aphrodite leaned in and gave her a kiss on the cheek, "If you want to have a little bit of fun later, you let me know, alright? If I could get stick-in-the-mud Hephy to agree to it, maybe even a threesome~"

The god of forge and fire nodded once at the reasoning, hardly the strangest reason he's ever heard for anything in his immortal life. "Alright then, I can get it handled in quick fashion. You two sort out who's covering it. By the time I'm done, that shade will have the finest helmet in the fields of the underworld. Save for anything you'd find in Makaron I suppose, but then again, I probably made that too!" He barked out a laugh at his own comment. However, before he could get to work, his wife had arrived on the scene, much to his uncles' internal dismay. Hades suppressed the urge to give a groan at the unwelcome physical attention, stuck in a hug with his overly loving niece. "Hello to you as well, Aphrodite. I lost track of time, but I'd assume a while?"

As he was forcefully tugged along he could catch a glimpse of his nephew stifling laughter before turning towards his latest project. How on Gaia does my brother put up with this family some days... Forced to be entertained by the one goddess who seemed to be his anti-thesis in some aspects. Always so touchy-feely lovey...how on Olympus does she do this. Seeing her pour wine he gave a small sigh. "Aphrodite, you know I don't drink. Not even Dionysus can get me to drink." A hand was buried into his pocket again as he watched her interact with Kana, giving a bored sigh. "Aphrodite, could you please refrain from attempting to seduce my guest? I came with her to help her get a gift, but I apologize I didn't send Hermes ahead of me to let you know we were coming."

From near the forge, a bellow could be heard from Hephaestus. "Been no for thousands of years, still no." Hades head turned in that direction, an eyebrow quirked. Did he hear everything that just happened around his forge, or was he just taking guesses with Aphrodite's usual line of questioning at this point? It didn't really matter...if anything, it was somewhat amusing. Attention turning back to his newfound 'host' a hand went into his pocket. How does he hold a conversation with his niece, when he held no interests she did. "So...any interesting news?"

Aphrodite pouted, looking back towards the forge, "No fun. No fun at all. Doesn't even know what I was gonna say..." She huffed and let her nails skirt across Kana's jaw, "And why should I neglect your little guest, hm? You're just one to watch, aren't you? I can hardly get a rise out of you if I tried, so I need to get my fun somewhere. And look at this little cutie." She stepped behind Kana and smooshed her cheeks, "Look at the blush on her cheeks, how she's so shy, so unsure what to do. I love seeing this rise out of people who just meet me. Don't take that from me."

Kana let out a little squeak, squirming and shutting her eyes hard. She was... really hard to not be attracted to right now. This was so weird. Aphrodite was enjoying herself, and scooped Kana's breasts, squeezing them together as she looked at Hades, "I mean you're a man, Hades. She and I both have some nice tits. Look at these cute little things. Listen to her whine, these little sounds of pleasure and sweet little sounds of embarrassment. That sort of thing gets nothing? No rise out of you? You have a guest, and as a host, you could have so much fun with her. She'd certainly be receptive. After all, she does have a crush on you. Though, little cutie, I suggest you give up on that venture. He's a hard nut to crack..."

Hades could only stare at them both impassively. Zeus, your daughter is worse than you and Poseidon combined... A duo of fingers went to the bridge of his nose to pinch it in aggravation, this goddess was making what should have been a simple venture exceedingly difficult. "Aphrodite, I ask again only once, leave my guest alone. Do you do this with every visitor that comes here?" Glancing at her as she physically harassed Kana he shook his head. "I feel absolutely nothing, Aphrodite, you know that. I have only ever felt an attraction to one woman in my life, as you're well aware of." As he spoke he forced his already stone heart into a practical coma. "As a host, it is my duty to remain she remains safe, comfortable, fed, and a place to lay her head. My duties do not include bedding my guest nor seducing her." He glanced at Kana's face, then back to Aphrodites'. "I'm beginning to feel the only reason I was invited inside from the forge was so you could harass the young goddess."

"I mean... yeah, that's mostly why. I do this with everyone new," she said, matter of fact. She kissed Kana's cheek and let her go, "She's a cutie, and I hadn't met her before. But as I said, darling, you're gonna want to give up on this one. He said it himself."

Kana's face felt so red and hot. She scooted away from Aphrodite and clung to Hades's side like a spooked child. This... this was all too much. She was way too friendly. Kana hugged Hades's arm and stared at Aphrodite, "S... sorry. You're probably right, I guess."

"You're fine. Geez. You're too sweet," Aphrodite teased, smiling at her again, "It's fine to have a crush on the big man. Just don't expect much reciprocation. That's all. Most of us gods want to indulge, he's just different. He doesn't even really like hugs, unless it's from one girl in particular." She sighed and let her cheek rest on her palm, "So what's got you so tense? I mean, normally you're a bit cold - pardon the joke - but at the moment you seem even more dead inside than usual. Something happen? I can sic Ares on whoever you want. It'd be fun."

Kana wrapped her fingers around Hades's forearm and glanced up at him. Was this hard for him? She didn't have any way of making it easier... but... She blushed again. This was a chance for her to ask some questions about Hades... even if he might not appreciate it so much. "Aph... Aphrodite?"

"Oh? You found your voice darling. What is it?"

"Is it really true that Hades has only ever felt for one person?"

"If by felt you mean loved and wanted to do the naughty in the bed with, then yes. Persephone. She's an incredible woman. Once we find her again, you've gotta meet her," Aphrodite smiled and sipped from her beverage, "Most people think she's gone for good. I think we'll find her again though. Something just happened, that's all. Poor Hades will get to be with his wife again one day."

He was glad he had tossed his heart into literal stockades, or else he might have felt something and this could have gotten a lot messier. But even with Kana clinging to his side right now, he didn't feel. Was it a terrible fact he had learned to kill his heart and it's ability to care? Possibly, he wasn't sure. He tilted his head a bit at the comment of 'wanting to indulge', raising an eyebrow. "Indulge is an interesting way to put things." At being called out on his dead state he shrugged a bit. "As kindly as possible, it's not something you should worry about. I appreciate your concern, however."

He glanced down at Kana, internally flinching at the question she offered to Aphrodite. Ah..this line of questioning. Fun. His attention returned to Aphrodite, his other hand buried in his pocket. "I appreciate your optimistic attitude Aphrodite, that actually is nice to hear. I'm glad someone is certain we'll find her again. But yes, she's correct, Persephone was the only woman I ever felt anything for. Much to the frustration of Aphrodite and Eros, I'm sure."

Aphrodite gave him a sad smile, "Sure, it's frustrating sometimes, but it's also kind of nice to see someone so in love. At the moment, though, it's painful to see you so distraught. You're empty without her." She hmm'ed, "Though, there was one other that's made appearances throughout. A nymph you've had the hots for despite everyone wanting to forget about her. Heck, she even made Persephone protective of you. Her name is Minthe. A little water nymph that lives in a river in the underworld. You dated her before you were with Persephone, and there's always that awkward tension when she's around. You'd never cheat on your Persephone, of course, but that doesn't mean she couldn't get a rise out of you, and that certainly doesn't mean she didn't try."

She sighed, and Kana looked up at Hades with wide eyes. There actually was someone else he dated once?

"So there's still that little spark of affection for that nymph," she continued to gossip, "but still nowhere near the sort of affection he has for Persephone. Believe me, it was funny to see Persephone and Minthe in the same room. Once, she even turned the nymph into a mint plant! Hilarious!"

Hade's mood seemed to darken at the mention of her, a frown touching the edges of his lips. "I would appreciate it if you didn't bring her up. Whatever I had felt then is gone. I attempted to feel happiness, and since then it's something that can't be let go on her end. So please, don't speak of it like it's some grand thing. My one other brief relationship does not constitute genuine affection and care." He could only internally cringe as she continued to gossip about his one other love affair. He shifted his weight a bit, leaning to his side a tad. Gaia I need an out... The hammering from outside had stopped a short while ago, he just noticed. What could have the work-obsessed god stop?

Limping in, Hephaestus spoke up. "Aphrodite, stop harassing the guests would you? I'd have come in sooner with the project, but Hermes stopped by looking for Hades and I had to convince him I'd pass along the message. Said something about Dionysus saying you could come by for a visit. By Zeus you're travelling quite a bit lately, aren't you?" Hades heaved a sigh of relief internally. By Gaia, I'm saved. "Thank you Hephaestus, I'll cover the payment. What will it cost?" The muscular god flashed a smile, offering the shining greek helmet out on his palm. "A few dozen pounds of platinum would be appreciated for a personal project, that sound fair?" Hades gave a nod, gently trying to nudge Kana forward. "Yes, that's fine. I'll have something deliver it here shortly when I'm back on the estate."

Kana was just stuck perpetually blushing. This was her life now. She smiled and thanked Hephaestus before getting half-pushed outside by Hades. They were going to see Dionysus? Why? She looked up at Hades, but didn't ask anything, just going along with the whole thing. He was her father, after all. It wasn't like she really minded going there. Aphrodite said bye and smiled and waved. She waved back.

"You didn't have to pay for it," Kana whispered with a small sigh, "But thank you. It's so nice..." She smiled at the helmet and rubbed it with her thumb. After a moment of admiring it, she turned and looked at her shadow. "I know you said you didn't need it, but I felt like it was important. So here you go. I like you, shade. You tried to keep me safe, and put yourself at risk even though you couldn't do anything in the situation. You're very brave, and I thank you." Kana gave him the helmet, smiled brightly, then looked to Hades once more.

"Alright. I'm ready to go," she said, "I hope you don't have to be so cold with me around him..."

1585391842292.pngOnce there, Dionysus was all too happy to pop up and scoop Kana into a hug and spin her around, "Oh my gosh look at who's here!!" He plopped her down and turned to Hades with a grin, "Oh you don't get out of this love. Come'ere!" He gave Hades a hug that could pop his back, lifting him up despite any protest before setting him back down. He clapped his hands together once, "Alright! Let's get down to business, shall we? Though, you didn't tell me the wonderful Kana was coming too!"

He plopped back, a lounging chair appearing behind him to catch his fall, "Let's chat. What could be so important that the King of the Underworld wanted to chat with moi? You never want to chat with me! Not after I pissed you off, especially." He looked at Kana, "I took my mother Semele from the Underworld, you see. That's something that the great King Hades gets very very angry about. You don't take people from there. You just don't. Soooo~ We had a bit of a tiff for a while. But that's all water under the bridge now! Right?"

"To be fair, the whole situation wasn't very fair or kind. More Hera and my Father Zeus drama. As always," he mused, laying back on the chair, "Right! Now then. This topic of discussion. Have you finally come to your senses and decided to get some of my famous wine?"

He whispered back in turn, trying to keep his voice low. "It's fine, I'll pull the platinum out of the earth later, it's a simple process and barely any effort. It's honestly cheaper this way." As she spoke to her shadow, the same shade as always rose from it in a kneel, head bowed, speaking in the wispy voice that carried it's confidence once again. "Thank you, my charge. I do not deserve the kindness you give for my duties..." It's hand reached out to take the helmet before it slowly sunk back into her shadow as if it was never there to begin with.

After another brief shadow travel, Hades finally let his heart start beating again. Dionysus couldn't sense his emotions for one thing and for another...he already knew the truth, he didn't have to be so guarded and secretive. His eyes went wide in mute shock as he was lifted up in a hug, giving a brief sigh. "Please put me down..." Once he was set back on his feet he watched his nephew drop into a lounging chair he conjured him. May as well attempt to be comfortable... Finding a seat he settled in, resting a hand in his lap.

"To be fair nephew, I never want to chat with anyone...though admittedly you didn't help your own case with that act. But yes, it's more or less...water under the bridge. Just don't do it again. Just because you are one of the few who've done it, doesn't mean it should be done again." He leaned back in the seat he had taken, looking on impassively. "No, not about wine. I came to say...I appreciate your help in that one instance. I should have said it sooner, but you understand how busy my duties are..." He silently hoped his nephew would get the hint on just what he was thanking him for. He had no good way to excuse Kana from the situation, and as she didn't know the full truth of her origins, he had to handle this the best he can. He couldn't imagine what would happen if all of that was slammed into her lap at once...it would be unfair and terrible to endure, he was certain.

Dionysus took a long, slow sip of his wine, staring at Hades with a blank look in his eyes. After a moment of silence, he turned to Kana, "What is he even talking about?" He turned back to Hades, "Dude I don't remember doing you any favors. You're making it sound like some weird drug deal or something. I'm not your dealer." He laughed and snorted at his own joke, even Kana giggled a little. He shook his head, "I mean, ya know, you're welcome for whatever it is you think you're thanking me about, I guess?"

"Mm. By the way, I'm happy you've finally met Kana. Hopefully she'll firmly grasp the pole up your ass and help take it out. You need it."

He gave a slow exhale out his nose. Usually, he'd let it go and say that he tried. Usually, he'd say he wasn't going to deal with his nephews' air-filled head. But usually, he didn't have to thank someone for saving the life of his wife and helping nurture them back to health. "I don't have a pole up my ass nephew, the joke got boring a hundred years ago..." He needed a way to get Dionysus alone, or his failure to show a modicum of respect to the least expected god would eat at him. A thought tugged at his mind, and as awful as it was, it was probably his best bet. He leaning on his arm a bit, eyes still on Dionysus before glancing at Kana. "Kana...could you go into the wine cellar and get a bottle of it, something mild preferably. I'd like to try some with you later..perhaps your father is right and I do need to relax a bit. I'll reimburse your father for whatever you pick out."

He could only silently hope they'd all take the bait. Or better yet, Dionysus's sole surviving brain cell would pick up on the extremely uncharacteristic statements and get the hint that he actually needed to have a conversation with him alone. Watching her actually agree and wander off, he turned his attention back to Dionysus, leaning forward so that his arms rested on his legs. He waited until he was certain she was gone and out of earshot before speaking again. "...I wanted to say thank you, and that I know what you did. I know you found Persephone and helped care for her with Hecate. Normally I don't go out for visits like this, but I thought it prudent to get in touch with you...You had no obligation to do what you did, but I appreciate it anyways."

Once Kana was gone, and Hades leaned in, Dionysus had to try not to spit his wine out right into his face. "Wait what?!" he shrieked, "You know now? Since when? Augh Hecate sucks at telling me things!" He coughed and cleared his throat of any wine that tried to go down the wrong pipe, "Geez... Well... You're welcome, I guess. It's a weird situation all around. I'd prefer if she wasn't like this at all, even if I adore her now." He sighed, "Well fuck. How much does she know about the situation now? Has she gotten overwhelmed... and... has anyone tried to attack her yet?"

After a few more minutes, Kana returned with a bottle of wine, "I grabbed something sweet. None of the wines have high alcohol content, so even if you are being weird enough to drink, it wouldn't manage to actually get you drunk. I made sure not to grab one of my dad's... er... shall we say, high octane ones." Dionysus made a mock scoff. "Yeah, it would be pretty fun to see you drunk..." She smirked, as did her father.

"So... uh... did you guys finish chatting about whatever it was?" she asked, looking between them both, "If so, I think I just want to go home, Hades. It's been a long day." She paused, "Er... does the shade really need to stay on me even while I'm home? That's a little weird."

Hades shook his head slowly. "Less than a day, that's how long. You don't have to shriek like a soul being dragged into Tartarus however...She knows very little, barebones if anything. I cannot bring myself to tell her. She was only recently shoved into my arms by Zeus as a would-be suitor as you know, and that was stressful enough for both of us. I intend to tell her but...I refuse to overwhelm her. And no, no one has tried anything, and I refuse to allow them to try anything...I'm doing everything I can without stripping her of her freedoms...Thank you all the same. We may not always get along, if at all. But I appreciate it nephew."

Looking to Kana when she returned he gave a nod, a small smile touching the edges of his lips. "Thank you. We'll try to have a glass later, I can try that much." He rolled his eyes a bit at the comment of being fun to get him drunk. "We all seem to have wildly varying ideas of 'fun'. If I want 'fun' I'll go to my library, or spend time with Cerberus." He stood up slowly, nodding to Kana. "Yes...we'll go home now..." He paused for a moment when questioned about the shade staying attached to her in the estate. No...no there was no safer place in the world than his own domain. Between Cerberus, the rivers, the roaming dead, needing to get across the rivers by Charon's ferry...she would be fine. "Lokhagos. You are relieved of duty while she is at the estate. You may return to Elysium until summoned again. Kana's shadow seemed to split in two, before the other half disappeared, presumably the shade. "He will come when called, and he will return when you are outside of the estate."

Glancing towards Dionysus he gave a nod. "It was nice to see you nephew. Give my regards to your mother." Walking over to Kana he put a hand on her shoulder, shadow coiling around them, and then dropping over them to send them on their shadow travel. Upon arrival he stopped in place, hearing her voice. "Oh..." she said quietly, looking remorseful, "Oh... I meant... my house. I'm sorry..."

Moronic fool... He looked to her, gently shaking his head. "No, this is my fault. After the visit with Aphrodite and your father, I registered 'home' as my own, in my eagerness to get the day done. I apologize...I will see you next time. Take care Kana...thank you for giving me a chance to make up for a terrible first impression." He waved his hand towards her, a new shadow coiling around her before collapsing, sending her off to Hecate. Once she was gone he heaved a heavy sigh. Alone again...but why did it hurt more than it had before? Turning on his heel he started further into his estate towards the library.

Last edited:
Kana spent a long time laying back on her bed, staring at her ceiling. This day was... stressful didn't begin to describe it. She closed her eyes. How long would it be before more people knew about this whole Persephone thing? And... what was going on anyway? Hades chatting with Dionysus. Hecate had mentioned she went over and visited as well. There was something more going on.

Her dreams were filled with Persephone.

She spent the next couple of days trying to get away from it all. As far away as she could, anyway. That just so happened to be the mortal realm. She relaxed in the forests of Alaska, mostly. It seemed there was an intense winter going on, however. She guessed Demeter must have been upset. After relaxing in the snowy forests, she moved over and spent some time in London. Also cold. She didn't want to go home.

It was a couple of days later, and she was sitting on top of the Big Ben, knees to her chest with her arms draped over them, looking out at all the mortals below her. Their cars, their shops. What did Hades think of their existence? What did Persephone think? She couldn't get either of them out of her head. She was finding it difficult to not simply think of herself as Persephone, which... it wasn't bad, necessarily... but she couldn't even if she wanted to. Demeter. She would lord over her if she knew. Even without memories, she knew Demeter would hound her. She wouldn't be allowed an iota of freedom. A bit of space.

1585400821088.pngHermes zipped into existence in front of her, successfully startling her. He grinned triumphantly, "Hello! I have a message for you from Hades! It reads as follows!

'Kana, I trust that this message finds you in good health and spirits. You will have to forgive me if I seem too persevering. I was hoping to invite you to the estate to attempt to have a meal and perhaps finish that tour that we had to end. I hope the Lokhagos has done his duties well as well...I hope to host you again soon. Gaia this is awful...Hermes don't send that last bit.'

Too bad for him I love sending the last bits! Anyway! Thank you, bye!" He was gone as quickly as he had arrived, as he usually was unless you wanted him for something. She blinked at the spot where he had just been and pried herself off of the roof after a moment. How much coffee did he have? Damn... Speaking of coffee... A few minutes later, she had two hot coffees from a shop below her and appeared at Hades's front door. She knocked on the door with her foot and waited for an answer.

"I brought coffees!" she said, awkwardly smiling when he opened it, "I don't really know what you like... so hopefully I guessed right." She started to blush again. He was really cute that he wanted her over again...

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back