• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.
He resisted the urge to shift a bit at the tickling sensation at his neck. "You're welcome then..." He glanced over to her, arm gently squeezing her before relaxing. "What do I want to do?.... I think it'd be amusing to start an earthquake in Chile again." He wasn't being serious, though the deadpan tone of his voice made the dry humor hard to register for many. "I will do whatever you would like to do, short of a few things. I don't have a lot of experience with forming...interpersonal relations. So I'm going to put my trust in the daughter of Dionysus who likely has...widely more experience." He was silent for a bit before speaking up again. "Remind me that I do have to consider a phone...if only to put Hera on it's speed dial when my brother drives me up a wall." Once again, more dry humor, but he was trying.

She smiled against him and chuckled at his jokes. They were silly. “As long as you don’t set off a volcano again,” she teased, pulling back so she could look him in the eyes. Her face was mere inches from his, arms still resting on his shoulders. She blushed a little and scratched ever so lightly on his back with her nails, “So... um... anything I want to do, Huh? So daunting. Heh... Let’s see...”

“Even if you got a phone I bet it’d be some ancient Nokia or something,” she muttered, trying to think of something she wanted to do, “Well... I guess you can show me around your favorite places in the underworld?”

Kana leaned forward the extra couple inches, almost looking like she was going to kiss him, before she moved to the side and gave him a sweet peck on his cheek. After that, she disconnected and sat up, trying to brush any wrinkles out of her clothing, “I’ve explored a little bit, but most of the underworld is kinda intimidating, so... there’s a lot I haven’t seen. With a chauffeur though... that might be fun.”

"Yes...probably best I don't do that. Hephaestus wouldn't appreciate my encroaching on his domain." Black eyes regarded her own in silence, though his heart did seem to pick up it's beating to something above 'nonexistent and calm'. It was going to take time for both of them, but at least the start was fine so far. He gave a soft sigh, twitching at the feeling of her nails on his back. "Are you simply trying to see if I'm ticklish at this point?" He furrowed his brow a bit at her comment about a Nokia. He wasn't sure what that was exactly, but the context wasn't the best.

At the brief peck on the cheek, his eyes widened a bit before slowly relaxing. No color stained his pale flesh, but his eyes told the truth...that was nice. Sitting up himself he brushed himself off, slowly standing up out of the bed and offering her his hand as he tilted his head. "My favorite places in my home?...A strange choice, but one I will oblige. I will let you know, that you will always be welcome to wander this land as nothing will bring you harm...save for Tartarus, which I heavily request you do not near without me or another present...and frankly, it's just a forsaken place...Do you want to travel by foot, or do you prefer shadow travel?" Some obvious choices came to mind. Elysium, all of it. The blessed Isle of Makaron was also a choice, he didn't hold spite for a sum of the hero spirits that resided there. He would say Hecates residence, but she knew that already well enough...what else? "The options I lay before you, are all of Elysium, the resting place for the righteous dead. The Isle of Makaron, the home of the departed heroes who are beyond what even Elysium could offer. The halls of night, the home of Nyx my Grand-Aunt...Aea the Isle of dawn, home to Eos and Helios. And...perhaps the least interesting to you, the field of cattle tended by the Menoetius...any requests?"

“I feel like even if I tried to tickle you, you would just humor me,” she grumbled as she stood up off the bed and headed out the door. Her hair changed itself to be sitting in a tight ponytail. Perhaps it was the light, but the tips of her hair looked as though they had a tint of red to them, the same as her eyes. She smiled back at Hades, "Alright god of the underworld. Impress me. Let's go to the Pyriphlegethon. The river of flame. Who doesn't wanna see a river of lava? So hot it feels cold. Or at least that's what mortals have written about it."

"You can teleport us there, but other than that I'd really like to walk around," she said, "The Stygian Marsh is right near there, same with the river Styx, and the White Rock. It's not the prettiest of locations, but I'm more interested in the nitty-gritty than the pretty." She giggled at her own wordplay, grinning at Hades triumphantly as though it were something to be proud of.

He barely flinched as she changed courses from her original suggestion to something entirely new, instead nodding simply. "Very well. We'll walk as you like." He paused for a moment, taking in the sight of her smile, her hair...well, at least the two of them weren't on edge and strung tight now, as opposed to when they first met. Walking over to her he rested an arm around her, pulling her against him to close the distance just a bit more. Once again, shadow's coiled around the two and wound tight before they collapsed in on themselves, taking the two away.

After mere moments, they were shoved out from the ground of the riverbank of the Pyriphlegethon, molten rock bubbling in a steady way as it continued its never-ending journey. The shadows clung to them for a moment before dropping off and into the ground. He wasn't even aware he was still holding her at first, but realizing it he slowly withdrew his arm, instead the hand going into his pocket. "One of the five rivers of my domain...if you follow it, you'll find it drops into the depths of Tartarus....It even mends wounds though I don't advise drinking it...it's unpleasant, to put it lightly."

Last edited:
Hades withdrew his arm and she instinctively hooked her own around his elbow, grinning like a giddy child at the lava. "This is so cool!" she squealed, tucked close to him like she was afraid of the river, though her eyes were locked on it in awe and curiosity. "I mean it doesn't just connect to Tartarus, right? It connects to the marsh like all of them do, and probably goes other places, right?" she asked, eyes darting up to look at him for a moment before she looked back at the river, "I wonder if there are rivers in Tartarus. Like... not much is known about the structure of it, is it? Though I guess some people probably know it pretty well."

She detached from his arm and stooped down to pick up a small rock off the ground. Standing up, she tossed it into the river, shouting as it consumed it in the lava, "Oh that's so cool!" She laughed and shook her head, "Sorry. Sorry. I'm just so excited. So many places of the gods are just so awesome. And to think, there are people that actually came down here to try to get people from it! And that there are people who succeeded! That's crazy." She bit her lip, aware that he might not be so keen on that particular topic. Those could be seen as his failures and the failures of his workers.

She walked along the riverbank with Hades for a while, moving towards the Stygian Marsh. It was neat from afar and up close. The place where all the rivers of the underworld met. So cool.

As they were enjoying themselves, however, a scroll materialized itself with a golden crackle of energy in front of Hades, before drifting into his hands.

Dearest Ἀϊδωνεύς,

I require your presence at once, as an urgent matter. (Drop your fiddling around with the girl I tossed your way and come here. It has to do with Demeter. Sorry bro, not gonna be fun.)

- Ζεύς

He nodded slowly at her comments. "Correct. It is connected to the marsh, but it also coils around the earth as well...As for Tartarus by definition, it does have rivers, if we count this one. Not many know of its internal structure, save for its residents, Thanatos...and myself." At the last note, his expression soured a bit at unpleasant memories of his youth and having to free his 'abomination' uncles from the literal hell pit protogenie.

He watched her disentangle herself and rush over to toss a stone into the river which unsurprisingly consumed it. He couldn't help the small smile that grew at the edge of his lips in spite of himself. It was such a simple joy, toss a rock into magma river, watch it become consumed. So simple and yet...it brought her such happiness. Even when she brought up the subject of people who had succeeded in getting the dead from his domain, though a soft sigh did escape him. "Many are not willing to accept the natural course of things, especially mortals. When they are demi-god or of heroic figure, they will go through great lengths to do what they feel is right." He gave a simple shrug, starting to walk with her.

It was pleasant admittedly, being able to simply...walk. This was ruined however by the impromptu message that he clutched, reading it over once...twice...three times. A lead ball settled in his stomach. "Kana...I apologize, but there is something important I must handle, and even my authority will not allow me to ignore it. The Lokhagos is still bound to you...please continue to enjoy yourself. If anything happens, the shade will inform me. I'm sorry."

He gave her an apologetic frown as shadows rapidly began to coil about him. "I will return." And with that parting word the shadows collapsed with Hades, sending him towards his next destination. Of all the things to ruin everything, it was Demeter. He briefly considered making a stop to retrieve his helm but through better against it. He was fine as he was...and even if Demeter was his elder sister, he was still a ruler god...not to mention he doubted they would come to blows.

"I-I don't need a-" she stuttered as he so suddenly had to go, sighing with a soft, "...shade," at the end of her sentence. She supposed he was a king god... an Olympian. Such things were bound to happen. Ah, whatever. Lava river! She looked to her shadow, "Shade, I really don't need your company right now, you know? I'm in the underworld for pete's sake."

Kana walked along the lava lake for a while, wandering back and forth as she tossed little pebbles into it. She was even trying to skip them, which was interesting since it wasn't really water-like. "Shade do you have a name?" she asked, curious and bored. If this man was here, then she may as well talk to it, "I'm sorry you've got me to worry about. It's not a very interesting job for a Lokhagos such as yourself. Just watching me."
. . . . . . . . . . . .
1585121654139.pngHades would appear to a less than an ideal scene. Zeus looking overwhelmed by the beyond angry Demeter shouting at him. He looked at his brother and mouthed help, please.

"-any of this! This is ridiculous. You'd send- HADES!" she shouted, her wrath turning to him instead, "I've heard on the grapevine that you have a new interest! Another child you want to ruin?"

"Demeter, please. That's-"

"It's hardly wrong! After what happened with Persephone?! I can hardly look at this disgrace of a god! And now I hear that you've sent another girl his way and this time he has actually accepted her to a degree? So far as to scoop her up and make a scene in a bar?"

"Demeter, he doesn't even drink."

"All the more reason to be shocked at this turn of events! Have you even found my daughter's soul yet? Or have you moved on without a hint of closure?!"

Zeus looked at his brother with an apologetic flat-lipped face. She was a firecracker once lit, and he didn't have any water to dunk her into.

Last edited:
Even at the statement of 'don't need any company', the very simple fact of the shade not leaving stayed true. It seemed it's masters word was the true law, as rude as that may be. Once she actually started to speak to it, the long-dead greek captain slowly pulled itself from her shadow, speaking in a wispy and soft voice that somehow still held it's power and conviction. "I am Lokhagos Atreus ... Of the five hundredth lochos. I feel no boredom...I spent many nights watching nothing but still night."

Pulling himself from the shadow stain on the wall that he entered through he kept his face neutral. So lovely to see my elder sister again... Once she was done with her scathing remarks he responded in kind. "It's wonderful to see you as well Demeter. I hope one day I can actually meet you again without getting nothing but seething rage as my first result." The comment was sincere from the lord of the dead, though his usual flat tone may not convey it well. He had long ago grown tired of being met with nothing but spite and rage, it served no purpose to either of them. There was once a time where they got along fine...then again they had been in their father's stomach at the time. Just don't give her fire to work with, she'll burn through her fuel eventually...

"I have no intention to ruin anyone Demeter. I will admit it, yes. I went into a bar to retrieve the young goddess. I had failed to make the stay hospitable, and the longer I sat on it, the worse it sat with me. So yes, for once in my existence, I let my pride rule me. I apologize. Yes, I took her to the estate after that, I have been attempting to remedy my failure." A visible frown creased his lips...he had found her soul, but he couldn't be completely honest about that. Though the pain the question brought was real. "I have not, and I will never stop looking. I do not think I will ever truly get closure, not until I have every answer possible. And even then, I doubt it will grant me true closure...Without sounding rude, was I summoned for any important reason, or did you just want to berate me sister?"

"Fair enough, if you aren't bored. That does make sense, I suppose," she mused, shrugging as she moved along the banks of the river. If she were a mortal, this would be really unpleasant. She walked until she came to the waterfall that sucked the river down into Tartarus like a cave. The area felt foreboding, making her pause and hesitate as she inched up to the edge of it. She doubted the shade would be able to get closer, but she just wanted to look down over the edge into the darkness. No doubt she wouldn't be able to see anything, but... She was curious.

"Any idea how far down it goes?" she asked, turning to look at the shade again, "It's supposed to be super deep, right?"
. . . . . . . . . . . .
Demeter balled her fists and huffed out loudly, tossing up her hands at Hades as she turned back to Zeus, "I don't see how you deal with him so often." She sighed and folded her arms, shaking her head as she calmed down, "How furious I constantly am at you at the moment doesn't matter right now. This has to do with Persephone. I received a note about her. I don't know from where."

She turned at looked at Hades, still with arms folded, but she wasn't shouting anymore. She looked upset and worried, "It was about how she supposedly died. About the mortal she was with. It said she was murdered. They had information I don't know how they could have known otherwise."

The Lokhagos was at odds with its orders and existence, forced to dwell a good ways from her and the entrance to Tartarus. Looking down into the pit offered no insight to its contents, so dark that even the light from the river of magma ceased to be of aid a short way down. "I do not know...I ask you to come away from its edge. I cannot approach...it will draw me in. Even now, it attempts to pull me from where I reside...It is deep and whispers and pulls for one to delve. That is all I know."

At the topic of a note about Persephone being presented, along with the facts, the air temperature seemed to steadily decline. Though his neutral expression stayed the same, there was that unmistakable feeling of a cord being struck with him. "What did it say? Demeter...what did it say, please." His voice was chilled like deaths touch, black eyes boring into his sister in inquiry. Was he going to find any new information, perhaps a name of who had done this? "I need to know. I need to know everything it had to say." Ice frost crept from where he stood, though it didn't advance but half a foot out.

Kana shook her head, "Just stay there. I only want to look. It's not exactly an everyday thing, you know? I don't want to put you at risk though, so just stay there." She leaned over the edge, and sure enough, it was a vast expanse of darkness, the bright river of magma flowing into it until it disappeared. "I heard it goes as far down as the heavens are to Earth!" she shouted back at the shade. A sparkle of something caught her eye further down, opposite the river.

"I gotta check something. I'll be right back. Do NOT bother Hades. Whatever he's doing is more important than me picking up a rock," she shouted again, smiling at the shade before hopping down into the dark hole. Of course, she didn't hit anything, floating in place like the goddess she was as she leveled with the object. It was something metal. Perhaps a helmet or a blade? Something that was lost a long time ago, for sure.
. . . . . . . . . . . .
She had to stop herself from shouting at her brother again, but sighed instead and nodded slightly. She produced the note, a simple message on parchment, much the same as how Zeus had sent a message only minutes ago. Zeus stepped back a few feet, preparing for the wrath that was to follow him reading this.

Oh how she died and suffered, the sweet little pomegranate maiden of below. You missed even seeing her brutally murdered, a sad excuse of gods and goddesses. So blind. So ready to accept defeat. She was murdered, and I mutilated her for you. Now, you barely even know where she is, despite her being right under your noses. She will continue to be my toy. That is your punishment.

Once again the Shade spoke, this time filled with apparent concern. "My lady, do not do that. I beseech you, return here at once."

As hades read the note carefully, his expression went to neutral to...uncharacteristic rage, a visage that even Ares himself would have to admit was terrifying. "This...whoever did this..." he didn't have a chance to finish, the air temperature completely plummeting in the room as the frost continued to creep out from around him. Smoke licked from his body into the air, pitch-black embers sparking on him as he dropped the parchment with lip hands, his entire form soon coating in the black hell flame that rose into a billowing inferno. "I will find whoever did this. They will endure torment that not even our father has faced....not once have I damned a soul to Tartarus. I have always kept a neutral stance, it was never my place...but this....this..." his entire form shook with rage, a miasma of terror coming off of him in massive waves. "There is no punishment yet conceived that would be fitting for this man, no action yet committed worthy of him. When I find him...when I lay my hands upon him, I...I...There will be justice!" His usual calm tone had completely shattered now, replaced with a voice that boomed in the room.

The parchment, oddly enough, did not burn. There was enough mental reasoning left that he could see use to it still perhaps, but that was all the reasoning he had left in him. The literal inferno continuing to spread from the god until he had consumed a good portion of where he stood, enough that Demeter would have been wise to start taking steps back. He stared at his hands before him which turned to white-knuckled fists. "I should never have allowed harm to befall her. I should never have been so careless...but mark my words brother and sister, when I am done with the broken body of the man who did this, I will cast him into the void of Kaos herself, and let him become complete nothingness in her embrace."

Zeus had that same look on his face of the "well this is fine" meme as he scooted back even further from his brother's frost fire fury. He had to admit, this was very very fucked up. Hades never would have handled this well... but he had been having a lot of strange behavior recently. Demeter stepped back to just behind Zeus as she watched, her own fury and despair at the situation roiling inside as well. After a moment, Zeus stepped forward through the fire and frost and gripped his brother's shoulders, "We will find the person who did this. I promise you." His voice was forced calm, staring straight into his brother's eyes, "Let us focus on learning what we can about this message, yes?"

"They said that she is right under our noses, that she will be their toy. This means she must be out there somewhere, brother," he continued, hands dropping to his sides, "Perhaps we can call Artemis, have her try to track using this? Or make use of an earthen hero? They are being cocky, which means they've messed up somehow. Believe me, brother, with all of my own cockiness, there are many a mistake I have made and left that others have used to find me. This person will be the same. They think us below them and that cannot be further from the truth."

Demeter watched the two of them and eventually let her arms slide to her sides, "I just want her safe or at least not in pain... I would do anything for that. My own guilt here eats at me."
. . . . . . . . . . . .
Kana rubbed her hand against the metal, shining dirt off of it. Neat, she thought to herself. It did look to be an old helmet. Perhaps she could bring it up for the shade? Mayhaps he'd appreciate it. Though... would that cause any issues? She nibbled on her lip, hands on her hips as she contemplated the action. Probably not. It was just a helmet in some dirt.

A sound caught her attention, a voice, course and deep. It sent a shiver up her spine. "Persephone," it said, coming from below her. She couldn't help herself, feeling drawn to it. She needed to know what it was... then she could come back up for that helmet for the shade. Was it one of the prisoners? If so... which one? Was... was it safe down here? Was this really the start of Tartarus?

King of the gods or not, hellfire was nothing to be trifled with. If he was a lesser deity, the poor gods hands would have melted, not to mention his form...though the physical contact seemed enough to jar Hades from his rage, the fire slowly coming to a halt as the air temperature rose slowly. "...Thank you." His voice was soft, in the same fashion as someone who had spent an entire hour screaming with no break. He kept eye contact with his youngest sibling for a few moments, a heavy sigh heaved. "Yes...we'll find them." He held his hand out, palm towards the ground, a shadow tendril lifting the paper up into his hand before it fizzled away.

"If you'll allow it, I'd take this with me... I can give any scent it has to the hounds and let the Furies study it...if all else fails, I will give it to Hecate. I doubt that all of those will fail, and Hecate is one who isn't prone to fail...." The truth gnawed at him as he spoke. He had to be clear with one of them at least, it was counterproductive to their goals right now to keep too many secrets. "I will use every means at my disposal, though Artemis is also a fine choice. As much as I hate to request aid...it cannot be helped now, this is above my pride, this is the wellbeing of the woman I cared for more than my own existence." He sighed once more before leaning forward, giving Zeus an awkward embrace...though the purpose was ulterior to 'I need a hug'. His voice dropped low and he made sure his mouth moving couldn't be seen by Demeter. "I must speak to you in private, as soon as possible brother." With that he stood upright, rubbing a hand across his face in exhaustion.
. . . . . . . . . . . .
She was gone too long, she hadn't responded. The shades safety or not, his charge was above his own existence. "My charge, I implore you, return at once! The Abyss is not safe, not even for god's!" The shades voice was as stern as it could get it, now sounding like a father who smoked a pack a day and was proabbly winded by going up the stairs. The shade slowly hovered forward...but as soon as it did, it was quickly dragged forth, only stopped from being tossed into the depths by the fact it plunged it's Dory into the ground, coming to a skidding halt, only to look like a hurricane victim clinging to a tree for dear life, a spectral hand extended out to her. "Return at once, I implore you! If you do not, I will be forced to summon my lord!"

Last edited:
"Make haste," Demeter said, sounding like a broken order from a broken woman.

"Yes!" Zeus said loudly, not... exactly the best at hiding things, and clasped his brother on the back, "Now that you'd thoroughly made my hands hurt, we must go and... er... We need to have a chat about the hounds and what the plan is. Demeter, you just make sure you're not sending the Earth into an endless winter, and how about you try to find out whatever happened to the human mortal's soul that killed her in the form she took. If he's still alive or what... I don't recall how long it's been for humans."

He disappeared with Hades in a crackle of electricity, appearing in his beautiful mountain home. "Alright," he said, "What's up? What didn't you want Demeter to hear?"
. . . . . . . . . . . .
Kana could not hear him at this point. Her feet touched cold stone at some point. How far down had she come? If she looked up, all she could see was darkness. She hoped the little hoplite was well. She'd only be a moment. Only a moment. Looking out in front of her, it was like the void. Nothingness gnawed at her and nibbled as caves of some sort tried to make sense to her. Were they walls or just more darkness? Was there a ceiling to this madness? There was a floor, but if it was not for her feet touching it, she would doubt even that.

"Persephone," the voice called again, a voice that made her want to run for the hills, but a voice that tried to claw her closer, "Come here, Persephone."

She hesitated and called out, "Who's there?" Her voice echoed back at her like a chamber. She felt as though she had been here before, but where was here, anyway? It was calling Persephone... not Kana. Did it know? Or did it simply not understand? Anything here was unlikely to have context to... existence, really, at this point. She froze in place, fear wracking her. Was it a titan? She got no answer.

Persephone....Persephone....Persephone- "You're in an odd place, my queen." Behind Kana stood a figure, just a bit taller than Hades himself and dressed in a well put together fashion. "You've been missing for quite some time now...and there isn't any way that you would have ever been consigned to Tartarus. Curious...what are you doing here?" He studied her for a moment, a hand going into his pocket as he shifted his weight a bit. "No...you look like her, but you're not quite her, are you? Miss, what are you doing here? None should wander the pit." A small charming smile graced his features, which turned to neutral confusion as something came to thud next to Kana. On the ground was the lokhagos, sprawled out and making a pained noise as if he had been struck by a volley of arrows. Tartarus was naturally hostile and toxic to all, but the dead were especially true...there was an upside to his suffering. At least Hades would know it was going on. "...It appears you're bound to a Lokhagos shade...miss you're quite curious aren't you?"
image0.jpg
. . . . . . . . . . . .

Hades frowned slightly, gazing at his sibling. "What I tell you, you cannot tell anyone, especially demeter. There is still too much I do not know, and Demeter in her lust to get things done would go her own way for we both know she see's every action I take the wrong one. Tell this to no one." And so he went through it, explaining as much as he could about Kana being persephone, what he knew had happened so far. How Dionysus and Hecate had 'raised' the child, everything he could cover was. Luckily, despite his brother being...his brother, he was still the king of the Olympians and was smarter than some gave him credit for. Just as he reached the end of his explanation his eyes went wide, a hand going to Zeus's shoulder. "I don't have time to explain, you may complain later. We must go, now!" There was no dramatic shadow coiling aroudn the two of them, no relaxed transition...no this time a shadow simply leaped out of the ground like a starved shark and consumed them both, Hades sending them straight to where his shade and Kana were.

Last edited:
1585221174211.pngKana squeaked and jumped like a startled cat when Thanatos spoke up. Her hands went up to her chest defensively, and she swiveled around as fast as she could. He thought she was Persephone...? A long sigh drained out of her. Okay. He wasn't anything bad. Why did he think she was Persephone though? Did she look like her again? She didn't notice when her appearance had changed. Was it when that voice called out to her?

"Oh you startled me," she muttered sounding like Persephone as well as she calmed her breath back down, "You're Thanatos, right? It's... ah... nice to meet you. I'm sorry. I didn't mean to wander. I just... well..." Should she be open about what was going on? The thud of the Lokhagos beside them made her squeak and jump once again, a grimace touching her lips. "Damn it... you weren't supposed to follow me. I didn't want you to get hurt..."

"Right. Anyway. I can trust you. I should be able to trust you. You're really close to Hades. I am... apparently... kind of... Persephone. Just... broken? I dunno. I don't know entirely yet. I'm really confused about the whole thing. He bound a shade to me to make sure I was safe. I was... Something felt familiar about this place. It was probably somewhere she visited from time to time to help manage, or to visit you, or... I don't even know. But it felt familiar, and there was... a voice that was calling my - er... her name," she explained in a rush, making a dome over the shade to offer him as much protection as she could from the area.
. . . . . . . . . . . .
Zeus groaned, "Brother, why would I tell Demeter anything? Keeping things from her is like a fun sport." He teased, but it was subdued, as he could tell his brother was seriously concerned about something. The explanation was shocking, of course. He'd hardly expected such a thing, but it also made him... furious. Now he wasn't one to be overly protective of his children... but... This was going so far beyond anything tolerable. Even Heracles hadn't endured such pain and torment! He was fuming come the end of the explanation, wanting to toss the person responsible as deep into Tartarus as he could - maybe even give his Father a plaything. This was his daughter and a goddess. No one the right, the audacity to do such a thing!

He was denied a chance to answer, however, as his brother dragged him off and... into... fuck. Zeus looked immediately uncomfortable to be in Tartarus. Would he be safe in such a place? Of course. But... gods it gave him the shivers. That all aside though, what in Olympus's name was going on here?

There was a girl that looked like Persephone, Thanatos, and a random shade that Persephone was trying to protect. This was the girl he had dragged to his brother earlier? Somewhere in his gut, had he known it was Persephone? And what in the name of all that was good and sensible was she doing here?! If she didn't know anything right now, as his brother had said, this place wasn't safe for her. At least when she had her wits about her and her memory, she knew the risks, knew where to avoid, knew how to manage... anything. This was a child, essentially.

He gave a brief bow before straightening up. "Correct, that is who I am." He watched in silence as the girl tried in vain to shield the Lokhagos from the pit they were in and spoke. "That won't do anything, I'm afraid." He studied her in silence for a while as she explained her 'situation' before giving a simple nod. "I see. Yes, you've got a similar feeling to her...it's not strong, one who isn't well-tuned to souls could miss it, and even then it would be incredibly difficult to notice if they're distracted." With that said, that may explain why Hades had missed it to begin with, given his entire brain was wracked with depression when they first met. "Well, if you were hearing voices, it's a good chance you hear Tartarus himself. A word to the wise, don't come when he calls, you don't come back. My uncle takes an unnatural joy in causing suffering and pain. The only reason you wouldn't outright die at his hands is it's too quick for his tastes."

Erupting out of the nothingness that was the darkness of Tartarus with his brother, Hades head snapped to attention on the trio who was already present. "Thanatos! Lokhagos! What's going on!?" The Lokhagos couldn't really answer at the moment, still giving a pained wheeze like noise. Hades frowned, holding a hand up towards him. "Your soul was never damned to Tartarus, you are not bound here. You will wait for us at the estate." Another pained wheeze like response, but that was all as the Shade was swallowed by the shadows, leaving nothing behind. Hades looked at the remaining two. "What's going on exactly!?"

Thanatos bowed once again, speaking "The goddess was drawn here by familiarity and a voice. I suspect my uncle was the culprit." Hades slowly ran a hand over his face...at least it was Thanatos that found her then. Glancing at Zeus he spoke up, "We'll be leaving shortly.." he snapped his attention towards Kana, walking towards her with quick strides, they didn't have a lot of time to sit around and ask questions, only two of them were really 'allowed' here to begin with. "Kana, why are you here? I asked you to never set foot near it without me or someone else of power present, that lokhagos doesn't qualify! Even a fledgling god knows to avoid the pit!" Despite his voice jumping a single octave in frustration, it wasn't really anger...well no, there was anger there, but it was also mixed with concern and worry.

Last edited:
Kana, sounding as Persephone, stuttered and embarrassed at the dangerousness of her actions, started to tear up. "I... I didn't... I just...," she started, eyes wet, "I came to the edge of the river and saw something shining down below. I went to look, and it was a helmet. I was going to retrieve it and gift it to the shade. Then... I heard a voice calling m... calling Persephone, and I just... I don't know. I felt confused and I know it was stupid but I followed it and then Thanatos found me."

Zeus let out a long, slow breath like the ghost of a whistle at the scene in front of him. He was done being here in this pit.

Without a word, he moved all of them to his brother's abode, Thanatos included. No more of that godsforsaken pit. He took one, long look at Persephone, and turned to his brother with the plain look of what the fuck on his face. "Brother. Care to explain why she looks... and sounds... like Persephone?" he asked, losing his patience quickly, though he was never very patient to begin with. If this was the girl... if this was really her, then why was she in Tartarus? Wouldn't Hades have been watching her more closely? If she was this... uneducated, unknowing, then didn't she need watched?

Kana was crying silently, no heaving sobs or the like, just soft rivers down her cheeks, "I'm sorry..."

Upon arrival to the estate, the Shade manifested nearby, dropping to a kneel with its spear upright at its side, completely silent. Hades gave it a silent look of disapproval before attention turned towards the group, Zeus holding his attention. He hadn't even really registered she looked like Persephone right now, his crisis mindset having given it enough thought to focus on. "She..." he started but stopped. She looked like Persephone, and that being the truth hurt to even be in the same room. No...Focus! "She looks like Persephone and sounds like her because she can mimic. She probably does it so well because of reasons you're aware of now."

He turned his attention towards Kana, heart aching. He walked over to her, putting a hand on her shoulder. His brother could wait if he was going to get angry, that wasn't his main concern right now. "Kana. I made one request, and that is it. Avoid the pit...even a fledgling god would know that!" He took a deep breath, before sighing. "I'm not angry at you...I'm angry at what you've done. I'm angry at the amount of danger you put yourself in...I'm angry at my shade for failing its duties." The Lokhagos bowed it's head lower in silence as Hades leveled a glare with it. A soft cough turned his attention, head turning to look at Thanatos.

"It's good to see you, my lord. If I may interject, do not hold your aggression towards the shade. You act as if it really would be able to stop Persephone when she sets her mind towards something...this girl is no different." His attention turned towards Zeus, smiling serenely. "Good to see you nephew, how faires the family? Has it grown larger since I last saw you?" Thanatos seemed uncomfortably peaceful with the entire situation...though that was Thanatos in a nutshell...peaceful death.

"Thanatos already knows. At least as much as I know. I told him that I'm kind of her in a weird way," she muttered, looking up at Hades with sheepish eyes, eyebrows knitted in worry. "I'm sorry... I didn't want to disappoint you. I shouldn't have done that. I know that. I really only meant for it to be a short trip to get that helmet. He tried to get me to stop... I hope he's okay..."

Zeus's eyes may as well have rolled so far back he'd be able to see the inside of his head. He sighed and looked at Thanatos, "Mayhaps. My family faires well enough... though it would be better if I had my daughter back. Please take this a little more seriously, uncle. This. This entire situation, as my brother has described it anyhow, could be the biggest slight to our names as gods since the titans." He walked up to Kana and cupped her shoulder, squeezing hard enough she winced, though, in all honesty, he was trying to hold back.

"Persephone. You need to get this whole... thing together. You must. Look at the pain you cause your husband," he pleased angrily, unsure how to handle this situation, "There has to be some way to fix this. Some way to work this out of you or... something." Kana looked fearful, unable to move from his grasp at her shoulder and unsure what to say, still crying as she looked at Zeus.

Last edited:
Hades turned his attention back on Kana, frowning. "Please, never approach the pit alone. Next time, Thanatos may not be present to help you...and no Olympian could hope to stand against the pit made manifest, if that is indeed what was calling you...He'll be fine." He passed a glare towards the shade who could only bow in complete silence. Attention shifting to Zeus and Thanatos he frowned. "I assure you, I'm taking this quite seriously. Do not let my disposition make you think otherwise...I suppose the situation is interesting but would make sense. The keres never sought her out, nor did I."

Hades walked over after a pause as Zeus spoke to her, grabbing his hand and dislodging it in silence. "I doubt she has much of a say in the matter at the moment Zeus. She's currently in a situation that is outside any of our experiences, so your anger is misplaced with her." He had to remain calm in this situation, he could be upset later...his brother losing his cool would be a bigger issue. "This is something that will be worked on, but whether we like it or not, it won't be done in a day. If we let our zeal to work through this overcome our hope to do it correctly, it will only get worse, you know that!" He turned towards Kana, giving a soft sigh. "Deep breaths...no tears..."

Zeus looked at Hades and didn't fight his brother on this. This was an unhappy situation for all. He knew Persephone did not have any say in the matter, but that did not make it any better. If anything, that only made it worse. They were standing around like mortals with their asses glued to their hands. Nothing useful to do. He just wanted to set Ares on the world and watch it burn with his wrath right now. He wasn't angry at her. He was just... frustrated. He was a god of action.

Kana nodded, "Okay... I won't..." She rubbed tears from her face with the palms of her hands, not knowing what else to say. She wasn't the one hurt though. She was safe. Kana stepped over and knelt down to the shade, touching him softly, "Are you actually okay? I'm sorry I put you in danger. That was selfish of me. I'll make sure to get you a helmet like I saw, only not from that pit, alright? To make up for it."

Zeus sighed and let out a single dry laugh, "Brother, she's gotten attached to that one. I'm not sure who's more doomed, you or the shade. If she is truly like Persephone... which so far her stubbornness and kind-heartedness feel similar, then I doubt she'll allow the thing to be removed for its negligence or inability to notify you sooner." He leaned back against the wall, looking to Hades. He was the one who was making the decisions on this at the moment. "So what now, brother?"

Hades could only watch in complete silence as Kana approached the kneeling specter and spoke to it...though it offered no comment in return. "Lokhagos, you may speak when addressed." The dead gave a slow nod before speaking, it's voice back to the whisper that she had first heard from it, though the confidence it had once held seemed to have sapped a bit. "I am fine, my charge... You must make nothing up to me. I will strive to serve you better if I am to stay." Thanatos gave soft smile but that was all as if he was in on some grand secret of the universe the others weren't privy too.

Hades, however, unlike his brother, wasn't laughing...He wanted to remove the shade and put something more fitting in its stead, something that wouldn't fail. But that wasn't happening now, he had a better chance to ask Zeus to keep his love affairs to a minimum. "...Atreus will remain by Kana's side, as she seems to be fond of him. As for what we do...exactly as we discussed. There isn't much else we can do right now. I will do as I said, and then have Hermes deliver the message back to you. Besides that...continue with our existence as normal. I have things to attend to myself as well, as you know." Such as trying to win a woman's heart, for the second, and hopefully last, time in his existence. "Other than that? Nothing. I know you'd much rather toss lightning bolts upon the earth or have Poseidon unleash one of his pets, but that's not the correct course of action." Thanatos clapped his hands together once, starting off towards the kitchen. "While I'm here, I think I'll make some tea, I haven't been able to enjoy one in oh...a couple of months now. I won't stay long, but long enough to speak if you need me. Good to see you as always nephew."

Users who are viewing this thread

Back