• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.
She took his hand, blushing harder. Why'd he have to offer his hand? Couldn't she just follow him? Her hand felt small in his... delicate. He asked if she was alright, and she nodded, "Yeah... yeah, I'm fine. Overwhelmed, I guess. And... It's not that you weren't scary. You were. It just wasn't scary to me... I guess. I just... I felt like I had seen it before and that you looked..." she cleared her throat, biting her lip. She wasn't gonna say how unbelievably attractive he was. Not to his face. "You looked cool."

Once she was out, she headed home.

Hecate was in the kitchen, brewing some sort of potion. She raised a brow at Kana as she came in, "You were at Hades's abode." It wasn't a question, but a statement. She nodded in response. Her mother continued, "I'm making this for Zeus. It will kill his ability to get it up for a few days. A small price for dragging you off both unannounced and unwelcomed. I trust that Hades saw to it you were well cared for in your short visit?"

She nodded again, squirming. "Mother... I...," she started as Hecate bottled the concoction and set it on the open window with a note tied to it for Hermes to pick up when he'd come by.

"I know."

"Then why didn't you tell me..."

"Simple. I did not wish to see you grow up with that expectation. You are to make your own decisions. Those of the past do not affect you unless you desire them to."

"...it's affecting me when I remember weird things... or when she's in my dreams."

"True. Being dragged into his house without your say was a shock to your system. You will ease into the memories of your past only if you want to."

"...what if he wants me to?"

"I didn't say that his desires mattered when it came to you, did I? I am close with Hades. He would never want to impose on a bunny rabbit, much less a person."

"Yeah... I'm going out. I need fresh air... and maybe lots of music to drown out my thoughts."

"Have fun."

She left the house again as soon as she had entered it, sighing as she rubbed her face. She needed to get the day off her mind... maybe have fun with the evening. Zeus had mentioned a bar, and while Hades didn't take him up on it, it sounded like an alright idea independently. So off she went to drown out the thoughts and doubts in her mind with bar music and a bit of booze.

He nodded slowly at what she had said, mind preoccupied with a dozen different things, not all of them pertaining to the current situation. Her hand felt...small in his own, but it also felt right. As soon as the thought came, he crammed it into a box and tossed it into the deepest recesses of his mind, that could begone for now. "Quite unique indeed...I don't usually consider that as 'cool'...I don't think I've used the term honestly." Seeing her off of the estate he stood at the edge, a hand shoved into his pocket...First Persephone in dreams, then Zeus in his house...what was next?

Walking back into his abode he started the slow walk to the 'throne room', a place of antiquity at this point that somehow still brought him comfort in his solitude. An obsidian and jet black throne was at the center, right next to a finely carved wooden one, wreathed in plants and flowers. He glanced at it for a moment, and then dropped into the black seat, head going into his hand. What did he do now?... Ah, of course, before he forgot...he had to send a shade to stay with Kana. A hand moved out in front of him, and with a gentle swipe in the air shadows 1584521463601.jpegcoalesced, forming a hoplite which kneeled before the throne. And with its appearance, Hades knew it's name and rank that it had bore in life...Lokhagos (captain) Atreus. "Lokhagos...accompany Kana, the goddess who has recently left the estate. Keep her safe, do as she requests, and ferry messages between us. As my will commands, you will obey."

The ancient greek bowed its head before seemingly melting into the ground, chasing after the woman like a hound tracking prey. Well...that was done. He closed his eyes in thought, replaying the events of the day in his mind's eye...Had he left anything undone? No...he had searched her dreams with her blessing, he had given Hermes an expedited request...there was nothing else to be done. He was once again within his estate and in his solitude...but for once he wasn't sure if that was what he preferred. No...not it was definitely what he desired right now.

Last edited:
1584520396734.pngHecate groaned as she got Hades's request. More like an order... and it was right after Kana had left the house. As Hermes hovered lazily outside her window, she sighed, "I'll just take the potion to Hades before I send it off. Perhaps he'd like to hand it off to his brother himself." She watched Hermes leave and looked around her house. It was simple. She didn't like messing with unecessary finer things. If it wasn't needed for her magic, comfort, or otherwise, then there was little point to having it.

A magic circle opened underneath her as she walked forward, and midstep she was in front of Hades's throne.

"You've got my attention, and I see you let Kana go. What would you like that is of such importance you needed to send Hermes off so swiftly?"

Elsewhere, Kana was attending the bar, after getting absolutely startled by the shade that was following her. She waved it off at told him to just follow. She probably wouldn't have any need of him, truth be told. She felt a little bad for wasting their time. Still... bar time. Socializing was good. There was no one here that she would call a friend, though there were a number of faces she recognized. She headed up to the bar and sat on a stool, ordering a drink and internally preparing herself for the barrage of people that wanted her to spice their drinks up like her father might.

Hades was leaning to a side in his throne, head propped up in his hand, chin resting in it. "Concerns...I try not to bother you Hectate, I leave you to your own devices and you mine. But I hope you have some knowledge of something that transpired today. After my brother unceremoniously forced your daughter to stay here against both her and my own will, I took my attempts at being a good host...She prompted to me that she sees a woman in her dreams...a few things happened from that point on, none of which I'd be thrilled to regale you with. She allowed me to peer into her dreams...I'm going to say it and be blunt. Hectate...why does your daughter have my wife in her dreams. I know it to be her, I spoke to her and she spoke to me. Why does your daughter dream of my wife suffering and her death?... Her spirit hasn't returned since she passed, and that is rather unheard of. There are rules we have in place for how death and life are governed, and how rebirth is handled."

He straightened up in his throne, hand going to the other rest. "I implore you, if you have any knowledge of any of this, share it with me." It felt so strange...asking for help like this. It made him feel smaller than he should be, a feeling he didn't find welcoming. But in this instance, with so many questions left unanswered about Persephone that he couldn't bare not leaving any stone unturned. "If you can answer all of this or even some of it...you'll be free to go. You are not a goddess to be kept idle, as I'm aware."

At the bar, the shade had obeyed her will quite easily...though as she had made no specifications to how she should be followed, it simply decided the best course of action was to shadow her, quite literally, hiding within her how shadow where she walked.

"She... is Persephone," Hecate stated simply, hands clasping behind her back, "She sees Persephone in her dreams because old memories are attempting to leak their way into her life. I did not want to tell you, lest she is forced into a choice that was not her own. It may have been her mother's fault she left you before... but I'd rather be sure that now, with the second chance, it is truly her choice."

"I hope you do not distrust me for this decision or harbor anger towards me. It is not like any of us gods can really die. We're immortal... as you well know. Even being eaten... cannot kill us. She may have acted as a mortal, but... her dreams. If someone truly did kill her mortal form, she would have simply returned as a goddess without trouble. Her soul has been affected. I imagine it is the doing of another god, or perhaps a demigod. For all I know, it could have been the doing of another pantheon altogether. I have been trying to bring her back to health since."

"She did not even return to Olympus or anywhere else like what may have been normal. She was completely sabotaged. I thought of bringing her to you or to Demeter, but her state was so fragile, I feared what it would do to her psyche. I bound her to myself and to Dionysus. In the feeble state she was in, she was not even conscious. I had to do everything I could to force her into a state anew. She... became my child, in a sense. There have been stranger children in our pantheon, to be fair... After a time, and she was more stable, it became clear she remembered naught. I did not wish to cause either of you pain, nor as I said, force her into decisions she wouldn't understand. So many things were beyond her ken."

Hecate cleared her throat, "Now that she is interacting with you... and I doubt Zeus will drop it... there is no avoiding it. There's little way around it - you will need to court Persephone, to earn her love all over again if you wish for you two to be happy as you were once more... as well as find out who broke her so."

Hades took a deep breath, before slowly leaning forward and covering his face with his hands, cradling his head in silence. That was a lot to take in...was he angered by Hecate? Not really...he could understand her motives, but it didn't mean he was thrilled with any of it. How did he ever approach any of this now? " You're both correct, and incorrect. My grandfather was soundly chopped into bits and killed, among other points that I won't touch upon. We can die, it's just unfathomably hard and insufferable to accomplish. If she had died, she would have at least wandered through here at some point, and yet she didn't. And do me a favor and don't bring up the 'eaten' subject again, it brings rather unfond memories back...I thank you for the aid you have extended to her...and if I ever find who had dealt her such harm, do not try to convince me that whatever course of action I take is not the correct one."

He sat upright, hands going to the armrests on his throne. "If I really asserted myself, I could convince my brother to drop it...he knows better than to act too aloof and ignore me if I put my foot down. I simply do not to it, because I have no reason ever to do so...and at any rate...it is still Persephone as you have said...I will not cheat myself of a chance to set things right. If I fail, then I fail trying..." He sighed, leaning back into his throne and turning his head to glance at the throne his wife had once occupied, before turning his attention back to Hecate. "Well...what would you suggest I do? You are the more well informed of the two of us right now, and I have always enjoyed your thoughts...they're more well thought out than Alecto and her sister's at least. I can only listen to them debate the finer points of tormenting a mortal for so long...at least you have thoughts that aren't of that nature."

Hecate frowned, “Yes... I apologize. That was rude of me. The gods can die... just... as you said it’s such a complicated matter. Either way, she was not killed as such. She was not torn to pieces, nor was she trapped. Instead she has been manipulated so cruelly.”

“I think the best course of action... depends. She does not know much of the older way of things. She’s, mentally, so very young. People and shades alike will want to take advantage of this. I suppose I would suggest you be open and honest with her. Be clear with things. You may want to tell her of herself. You would be better fit to do so than myself. You knew Persephone better than anyone.”

She sighed, “Beyond that, you may also want to keep an eye on her. Someone wanted to make her suffer or you suffer through her suffering. There have been more than a few unfortunate situations she’s gotten into. That will probably only get worse as she’s now fraternizing with you. Perhaps as she remembers she might remember something about who caused this. That and investigation are our best hopes to both keep her safe and to generally solve this mess.”

His frown deepened at the mention of others wanting to take advantage of her. "I cannot forbid her to have the right to be out, I will not keep her trapped on my estate against her wishes. But I am also against the idea of any harm befalling her while there is anything within my power to keep her safe... I suppose it is good that I sent a shade to be at her side to act as a messenger for us...for the time being, it should serve to keep her safe if anyone acts against her for now...and if it does not, it's existence is constantly known to me. If something happens to it, I will know...Is there anything you can suggest to do to keep her safer, while she is out?"

He mulled over the prospect of telling her about himself...he didn't speak of himself often, he wasn't like his youngest brother who was so ready to speak of his deeds and actions. "...I will speak to her when I see her again and try to be as open as I can. But above that right now, is my concern for safety. If she's experienced situations before, I want to limit them occurring anymore....But I also fear that she'd be against my assigning guards to her."

Hecate was silent for a long moment, contemplating the situation, trying to shove her own feelings to the side. This was her daughter, effectively. Even if she was Persephone, she was her daughter now. She didn't want this mess for her. She cleared her throat, "How do you feel?" The question felt out of place, and it wasn't an answer like he was looking for. She didn't have an answer to her safety. Making her safe without knowing the enemy meant stripping her of her freedoms. She would not be Demeter.
. . . . . . . . . . .
About twenty minutes into her bar journey, she had downed a number of shots and wanted nothing more at the moment than to be drunk. For tonight, she would embrace the mess that was her father's legacy and be the little bar monster she was meant to be. She was, however, attracting attention, as any goddess would. A particularly bold male approached after a while. She looked at him, and recognized him as Poseidon's son, Triton, though in this form he actually had legs.

She smiled sweetly at him as he stood in her shadow, "Well hi there."

"What's a cute thing like you doing alone at a bar?" he asked, all smiles as well.

"Oh, you know. Drowning my day like my father would be proud of. Just making an exception. I can't get too rowdy or this place would too."

"Well being alone is lame," he said as he sat down on the stool beside her and cupped her hand, "How about we get a few drinks and then we hang out at my place? That sounds a heck of a lot more fun than being lonely in a bar."

ManofManyRoles ManofManyRoles

Hades stared at Hecate, his eyebrow starting to twitch in uncharacteristic aggravation unbeknownst to him. "How do I...feel. Hecate, my wife was, for lack of a better word, murdered. My wife has effectively had to be put together like a jigsaw puzzle. I have had to endure the fact I cannot do anything to thoroughly guard her without stripping liberties away. I must endure the fact that for the time being, whoever did this will not earn the correct punishment they deserve, and I assure you, there is nothing that my family has made as a curse in Tartarus that will suffice.-" the last statement was laced with subtle venom, his calm and composed personality cracking today. "And-" He fell silent...his eye now fully twitching. The throne room began to quiver and shake, first softly and then quite...violently. "And now Triton is trying to seduce her.....Triton is attempting to seduce her." A large ravine-like crack split open in front of his throne, the smell of sulfur and magma filling the room, which seemed to be enough to rouse him to his senses.

"...Apologies." He sighed slowly, the shaking coming to a stop and the crack coming closed as if it had never happened. "He's standing in the shadow that the Shade rests in...frankly I'd have it stab him in the calf, but I'm not going to hear it from my little brother today. I will not stoop to such antics, not when there is a chance she will refuse...if I must and he starts to lure here away, then I'll have the Shade do something, but not before....even if she hates me for it, I would hate myself a thousandfold if he did anything with her....Speaking of, out of all the gods, why Dionysus? You know how our relationship is."

Hecate watched Hades go through the motions, stepping to the side of the large crack he had opened. She didn't look upset or angry, just worried about him and his mental health through all of this. She sighed when he finally finished and asked why. She pursed her lips, "... I... well, he was a safe choice and one that would agree to the idea. He's got his ear on the wall, and he's in so many social circles... but he doesn't gossip over much. He's not one of the big ones. He's not one for this sort of shenanigans either. I could trust that he didn't have anything to do with hurting her."

She swallowed, her mouth feeling dry with all this serious matter, "He was also the one that found her initially. He wanted to help."

"Anyway... why is Triton trying to seduce her? Silly boy... he doesn't know the mess he's in for. He is beautiful like his father and mother, however, and quite suave when he wants to be," she wanted to point out that she could choose him if she pleased but... ah, perhaps right now wasn't the time to have that argument.
. . . . . . . . . .
Kana laughed, "Sure why not! But! Hey. Just make sure you know. That is soooo not me saying that I wanna get in your pants or something. Alright?"

He held his hands up in defense, "With a beautiful maiden like you? Oh, I would never! Hah. Nah. We can watch a movie or something."

She giggled and laughed again, shaking her head, "You're ridiculous."

"Well, I mean, who wouldn't want to get in my pants, am I right?"

"Oh my gods don't be like your father!" she laughed, grinning at him, "Be more like your mom. Geez."

He hailed the bartender, acquiring more drinks. After a number of more shots Kana was trying to use to erase tonight from her mind, she was... ah... just a little drunk. She was giggly as can be, and talkative, and a little dizzy, and oh so sweet and cute. She was teetering on her chair after all that, and a few minutes later, Triton scooped her up into his arms.

"Telling me don't be like your father. Silly girl, you need to rest off this. How about we go to my place and I'll get you some water and pancakes."

She pushed against him a little, adamant that she could walk. He held fast, however, "Oh come on. Don't struggle. You'd make it all of two feet before you got dizzy."

Hades nodded slowly. "I see....no, I doubt Dionysus could have caused any harm to Persephone...his rage is usually restrained to mortals." He seemed a bit shocked by the admission that Dionysus was the one who found her but made no comment of it. "He's trying to seduce her, because she's drunk, Hecate." Hecate would grimace, "Ah. Yeah... she's had a stressful day... I can't really blame her for that. Even if it's not very smart." The god considered what to do now. Every part of him screamed to go to her and take her for the evening instead...would that be permissible. As soon as that thought hit him, it soured. Permissible...Permissible!? He was not some low mortal who considered what was allowed and what was not! He was Hades, and if he desired to attempt to give Kana a proper end to the evening, one with less stress and less likelihood of Poseidon's son trying anything, he would!

He stood up, dusting himself off. "Hecate, you're correct. I should attempt to win her over...and I accomplish nothing by sitting here and sulking. Do I look fine to you?" Hecate gave a groan and a mumbled 'you look fine', earning a sigh from the god of the dead. "Hecate, you know I haven't had to do this but once, a vote of confidence would not be misplaced." Hecate corrected herself, not in a groveling fashion, but more so to smooth things over. "No no no, yes. You look fine. You always look fine. Any more and you'd look pompous." He studied her in silence for a bit, giving a slow nod. "If I ever begin to look pompous, correctly me quickly, that is my request... I will be back. You are not forced to remain on the estate, you are free to leave when you see fit." Shadows coiled around his body like two serpents, constricting until there remained no god on display. And then, all at once, they dropped to the ground, Hades missing.

From the corner of the bar shadows collected into a massive stain on the wall that continued to grow larger, earning murmurs from some of the gathered nearby who could only watch in silent awe. And out from the shadows stepped Hades, abyss black eyes regarding the group that was now starting to backpedal. It didn't really bother him so much, it wasn't unwarranted he supposed. It was practically unheard of for him to leave his domain, it was perhaps a terrifying sight to many? Disregarding the murmuring that had started to spread like brush fire at his appearance he moved through the bar, earning stares as he moved. Stopping short behind triton he tilted his head a bit, speaking up, don't reveal intentions...what could he do here?...when was the last time he spoke to Poseidon?... Long enough to warrant asking about him. "Triton...it's been a while. How fares my brother?"

Once he walked up, Triton jumped in surprise and held Kana a bit tighter, "I... uh... Hi Uncle. Um. Poseidon's doing well. There are some interesting storms going on. Uhmm... Zeus and he are doing some stuff together later. Probably some less than appropriate stuff."

Kana flopped her head back and looked at Hades, squinting her eyes at him a little. He was cute. So was Triton. Why was he here though? He said he didn't usually drink. Ah whatever, "Hades! You're here to join us? Triton thinks I need to go home. If you're here though we can stay and drink!"

Triton blushed, "Ah... yeah... sure. I guess. If you want to you can join us? But, um... I was gonna take Kana to my place so she could get some rest. She's pretty hammered." He didn't really want the god of the dead to join. He was a little creepy... Kana struggled again and put her hands against his chest, pushing off of him to no avail. He only held on tighter, not taking his eyes off of his uncle. "Seriously though," he continued, "What're you doing here? Even my dad and Zeus can't get you out of your house to drink."

A hand went into his pocket, stone-faced as always. "Knowing my brothers, that guess is an accurate one. I'm glad he's doing well however, as I wish to all my siblings, despite what one may think." His eyes drifted to look at Kana, shaking his head a bit. "No, my nephew is correct. I don't drink. I appreciate the invitation, but I'm pretty sure I caused a water nymph to faint by walking by her...my presence will only dampen the mood of the establishment." He made a show of studying Kana for a moment, then glanced at Triton. "If you do not object, I will take her to my estate for the evening. I've managed to be quite insufferable to her today, the least I can do is offer her my attempt to make amends for it. That is why I am here, truthfully. I try to make any visit acceptable as you know...and if I have failed in that, it's only right to aim to correct it, correct?"

He glanced towards the bar, and then back to Triton. "I apologize nephew, but this is something I cannot rest on until it's remedied. I am the hospitable one, am I not? I have been a poor host to this young goddess, I'm obligated to correct myself that is..." His attention turned towards Kana, head tilting a bit. "If she will accept my attempt to make amends and give her a place to rest?"

Kana pouted at him, but didn't give an answer, just staring at him with her big pouty eyes. Triton grimaced a little, "I... I mean... yeah. I guess that makes sense... but, if you were insufferable for her today - excuse my asking, but why would she want to go back to your place?" He averted his gaze from Hades, like he was afraid he'd get smited or something for the comment.

"Hades you're gonna have everybody gossiping because of thissss," Kana groaned and flopped back, becoming a rather dramatic dead weight in Triton's arms. He almost dropped her, grumbling silently as he fumbled with the squirmy goddess. He eventually settled with placing her back down on her feet.

"How'd you even know she was here?"

"Mm... he has a shade on me."

Silence fell for a moment as he swallowed, looking ever more nervous.

"Fine, Hades. I'll go with you, but I'm gonna give Cerberus lots of treats for this indignity. I will shower him with my love," she teased, half-stumbling into his arms. She thunked her head against his chest and let out a tired little sigh. "Today sucked," she whispered, staring at the ground.

Triton spoke up, "You're not gonna... I mean... You know how this looks, right? This is more... something Zeus or my father would do..."

He was silent for a bit before speaking again. "When you speak to me, I would request you do not look away like you are a mortal. You are a child of Poseidon, for both of your sakes, act like it. I will not strike you down for voicing your thoughts, it's unbecoming and idiotic." And yet, Zeus does it anyways... Looking at Kana he simply shrugged a bit. "I care not for gossip, what they have to say can do me no harm. What will they say, that I tried to maintain my honor? That I have given someone a place to lay their head?"

He glanced at Triton, nodding once after Kana's admission. "I assigned a long-dead Lokhagos to her so that she may attempt to speak with me if she desired, and so I could ensure she made it home safe for the evening. Upon self-reflection, I found this wouldn't suffice." As she stumbled into his arms, a hand went to her back in an effort to keep her supported upright, cool indifference painted on his face. Show no emotion, show no affection. Not now, and not yet. This is me doing my duties and keeping my pride and honor in one piece. Hearing her whisper he sighed a bit. "And I apologize for that." At the mention of 'not gonna', eyes flashed in Triton's direction. "No nephew, I'm not going to do anything. I'm aware of how this may look to some. But as you are well aware of your fathers' stories, I am a stick in the mud and have no time for happiness. With the loss of my wife, you think I would turn to someone new so fast? I am hurt, nephew. I am not Zeus, nor will I ever be. Give your parents my regards."

As shadows began to coil around both Hades and Kana he gave one last nod towards Triton, and then the shadows collapsed in on the duo...and after a brief few seconds, pushed them up through the floor of Hades 'living room', the lord of the dead giving a soft sigh. "I apologize if any of that seemed callous...but it is better for everyone to think I hold no thoughts towards you as of yet. I care not for what they may say, but it would be unfair to you...you should get rest."

Triton looked ashamed as they left, saying, "Sorry. I should know better. You're different in... a lot of ways."

Kana hugged Hades as they traveled, enjoying his company. When they got to their destination, she returned the pout to her face rather firmly, "You're a meanie! Triton was taking care of me just fine, thank you. He's a fine... er... a fine gentleman!" She giggled at her own words and thunked her head back against Hades's chest. After a moment or two, she pushed off, wobbly, but standing, "I'm not gonna go to bed yet! I have a puppy to love on!"

She moved to the kitchen with hurried steps, walking better now that she had a goal. She searched for the treats, climbing up onto the counter, assuming he would hide them high up so the large dog couldn't reach them. Kana looked back at Hades and complained, "I can't find them? Where do you keep the treats for Cerberus? Oh! I know! I can just use some meat from the fridge!"

As she attempted to get down from the counter, she fell like a clutz. Regardless of whether or not she was caught, she still went straight over to the fridge, undeterred. Once dog treats were produced, she was really excited. She brought fingers to her mouth and whistled for Cerberus, as though it were something she had done a thousand times. When the dog came bolting into existence, it couldn't resist and tried to absolutely bowl her over with his mass. He was a happy puppy dog. A very... very big, happy puppy dog.

He sighed a bit, patting her on the back a bit. "I apologize...my nephew is indeed a fine gentleman." And also the son of my brother which brings me comfort... Watching her wobble off he followed after her, intent on making sure she stayed safe and didn't faceplant onto the floor. "Alright, alright. Love on Cerberus, but then I do request you lay down and rest after...do you get hangovers, or did you get your father's inability to get one?" he watched her start to climb the counter, giving a short dry chuckle. "I have to keep his treats somewhere that not even others will find it...there's no greater key to get in and out of the land of the dead than dog treats, regrettably."

As soon as she fell, a large cushion of shadow manifested right beneath her, feeling more akin to a plush bed than the immaterial concept that it was. Once she was up and moving again, it promptly disappeared. Watching her whistle for him so easily, like she had done it thousands of times already, a small and sad smile tugged at his lips. This was indeed his Persephone, new body and mind or not...there was no excuse for it now the more he looked at her. Seeing the large three-headed beast attempting to bowl her over he spoke up. "Cerberus. Gentle boy, gentle. No need to run her over, she's just as happy to see you as you are her." He stood there for a moment before he finally admitted to himself that he was...well, thirsty. Walking over towards the fridge he pulled it open, grabbing a large glass bottle akin to a wine bottle, filled with crimson liquid. Walking over to a wine glass he pulled one free, slowly pouring the liquid into it. "I'm sorry the day was so poor...that is my blame, and I accept it."

Cerberus was not daunted. He still pushed her over, albeit more gently than he would have otherwise. His nose was going crazy as he sniffed loudly at her and her hands. She was giggling and pushed herself up so she was sitting again. Kana pet the dog's faces as best she could and looked to Hades, "Oh! Can I have a glass too?"

"And no, by the way, I can't get a hangover. I can also make myself not drunk if I really wanted to. That's kinda beside the point though," she explained, standing up and taking a piece of sliced meat out of the bag she had grabbed from the fridge. Cerberus's butt hit the floor soooo fast. His eyes were trained on that piece of meat. She tossed one up into the air, which they snatched with a loud CLACK of their jaws. She giggled again and tossed another piece, this time a bit higher and farther. They had no trouble getting it.

She grinned and tossed yet another piece of sliced meat, this time at Hades so it would stick to him. Cerberus swiftly followed and tried to climb onto Hades to get at the piece of meat, whining all the while.

Kana laughed and laughed, finding the whole thing hilarious, "Oh my gods that's so great."

A few minutes later and she had settled down, or at least sort of. She was wandering around the house, looking at everything. She found a bedroom, the master bedroom, as it happened, and let herself into it without a word. Kana hopped and turned and flopped back onto the big bed so she was looking up at Hades, "Cerberus! Come here! Come on! Up!" The beast of a dog looked up at Hades for a moment, then back to her, and glanced between the two of them before darting over and up onto the bed to get aaaaaall the cuddles.

He glanced over to her before nodding a bit, getting down another glass and filling it. "It's just pomegranate juice, as a forewarning. Nothing exciting about it." As he sipped his glass he watched Kana toss meat to the hound, sipping his glass. He didn't even flinch when meat landed atop him, the god using his forearm to keep his hound off of him. "Easy, I'll hand it to you, no need to climb." Despite the massive dog easily looking like it had more muscle mass than hades could ever hope to have, the god still held him back with little effort before handing him the meat that had landed atop his head, before walking over and handing Kana her glass of juice. "I'm glad you're enjoying yourself at least." A slight smile tugged at his lips, but it couldn't seem to find enough of a pulse to really come to life.

Following after her, he paused at the entrance to the master bedroom...when was the last time he had actually slept in here?... When was the last time he had actually slept? Glancing at Cerberus, he suppressed an internal sigh as the dog jumped up onto the bed with Kana for affection. He could let it slide for now, but he really preferred Cerberus to stay off the bed...other furniture was fine, but the bed was usually the only thing off-limits....He knew this, and that's why he had cast his glances. Leaning in the doorframe he offered a slight smile though that too faded. "Would you like to lay your head there, for the evening? I cannot promise Cerberus can stay...as much as I love spending time with him myself, we all have our roles here, and his is a vital one." The last thing they needed was spirits finding the guard dog of the underworld wasn't at his post and started to wander out...or perhaps worse, others coming to wander in.

She barely touched the juice, sipping at it a little before setting it on the nightstand. She rubbed and scratched at the dog's belly, all smiles and laughter, a far cry from earlier. She huffed loudly and flopped back after a little bit, "Fineeee. I suppose the big sweethearted guard dog needs to head back to his post. You can go ahead Kerberos. It's okay. I'll give you more love later. Okay? You are such a cutieeee. Yes you are." She loved on the dog a bit more before standing up to let him go. She watched as he disappeared, then turned her head to look at Hades again.

The mischievous grin settled onto her face again and she hopped up to Hades, "Heeey you! C'mere."

She cupped his hand and pulled him along to the side of the bed. "Gimme your drink," she said, matter of fact, and snatched it up before he could argue, only to put it down on the side table. She then proceeded to push Hades down onto the bed and settle in beside him. She laid down and hugged his arm to her chest. "Sleeping here sounds great," she muttered, nuzzling his shoulder as she scootched in closer and yawned. It didn't take long for her to fall asleep.

He raised an eyebrow, being led along to the bed. Before he could voice a complaint or even a thought, his drink was snatched from him and he found himself in the bed that had been vacant for Olympus knew how long, Kana pressed against him as he lay on his back, staring up at vaulted marble ceiling. Within moments, she was asleep...and he was still awake. Too much had transpired today, he couldn't fathom the idea of sleep right now...he was beginning to suspect he had forgotten how to do such an act now. So here he lay, his once wife beside him, and thoughts dancing in his head like mad cultists. Awkwardly, an arm moved to go around her shoulder in an embrace, gently pulling her just a bit close. This is fine...I can give myself this shred of comfort.

He slowly let out a gentle sigh, mind beginning to wander...At some point, he should speak to Dionysus, if nothing else than to say thank you. He didn't always see eye to eye with him, in fact, they're relation wasn't great. Dionysus always attempted to make it better or get him to do anything, and he always refused...not so much out of cruelty, but such stark opposites didn't blend well. He was not a deity for celebrations or parties or even madness. He preferred his peace and solitude, his estate and his wife and his hound...and even the beasts and spirits he had dominion over...but he could at least attempt to thank Dionysus. Hermes, I have another message for you to deliver. Inform Dionysus that I would...like to speak with him, when convenient for him. This isn't a rush, just make sure it's delivered... And with the mental message sent to the messenger, he simply laid there, time passing by in silence.

For once in a long time, her dreams were calm and pleasant. She felt safe against him and at home. As she woke up a few hours later, however, she felt a little guilty that she had dragged him into bed with her. She hadn't moved save for her eyes opening and just looked up at him for a long while. He was holding her. She was cuddled up against him. Did this... hurt, for him? Or was it nice? She hoped it was nice... but... this situation was so complicated. A blush began to touch at her cheeks as she shifted her weight, propped herself up onto her shoulder to look more directly at him.

"Sorry," she whispered, biting her lip in a cute, sensual way that made it all the worse, "I was a mess. I... I guess I wanted to clear my head so badly I clouded it."

She didn't move away from him, didn't want to. Her fingertip reached out and touched his chest, rubbing up and down a tiny amount against the fabric of his shirt as she thought. It was a mindless action. "This is a pretty comfy bed," she said all of a sudden, trying to fill the embarrassment that was nibbling at her, "You must like sleeping. I guess that'd make sense since you're good with dreams and all."

Hades hadn't seemed to move, content to simply lay awake and hold her as he had. When she woke up he turned his gaze on her, gently shaking his head. "Don't apologize. I am the one to blame for the stresses you endured today. It was a poor day, for both of us admittedly...you attempted to handle it in the best fashion you knew how. I do not condemn you for that." A slight twitching shiver ran through him that he subdued as she touched his chest. He was honestly in some strange middle ground between completely relaxed and unfathomably stiffed. He knew this was his wife all the same but at the same time...she wasn't, and the concept was a strange one to consider, and only dawned on him right now so close. Hopefully, as he attempted to win her heart once again, he too would find it easier.

A very subdued and slight upturn of the lips at her comments. "I'm glad you think so...I requested it as a gift at one point that even time has likely forgotten. I asked my nephew Hephaestus to make the bed frame, and Athena to make the bed itself. It was a running joke that, before Persephone, that I slept on a stone bed. When I got married, I decided that she deserved better than whatever accommodation that I could offer...so I asked them to craft a place she could lay her head when she was weary." His smile slowly softened and then slid into a slight frown. "I haven't slept in a very long time...you give me too much credit, I am no Hypnos or Morpheus."

Kana scooched closer and hugged Hades, arms wrapped around his neck as gentle as can be. She tucked her face into the curve of his neck and collar and just laid there with her eyes closed, still sleepy, enjoying his scent and his closeness. Her voice was a little muffled as she spoke, breath and lips tickling his neck, "Well... I guess even though I don't remember that... but... since that's apparently sort of me... er... thank you for the bed in the past? Heh... I definitely like soft things."

"So... what do you want to do now?" she asked, still with her face tucked up against him so tightly, arms draped around him. She was comfy... even if it made her feel like her cheeks were on fire.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back