• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.
He tilted his head a bit, listening to her speak. Of course the garden was calming, Persephone had a knack for making things just right and her gardens were always so...relaxing, even for him. Though the offer to search her dreams was...unexpected. Inviting Hades into your dreams was asking for a supreme deity to go looking where you were the safest...not to mention his ability to toy with them like putty. "Alright...thank you. I will." Watching her drift off to sleep, his eyes slowly drifted over the garden for a few moments. What connection did this girl have to his lost love...whatever it may be, he was going to look into it.

Goddess or not, willing or not, it wasn't overly difficult to work his way into one's dreaming psyche, a simple flex of mental muscle to place himself there, either as an observing specter, or an existing player. His reality 'split', fully aware of his place standing in Persephones garden, and fully aware of his 'presence' in the dream. A nonexistent shade that simply clung on the peripheral of existence in a dream, beyond the touch of anything save for his brothers and those who have lived longer than him....such as his father. In complete silence did he watch the dream unfold. As angered and saddened as he was by it, he could only stay passive as it played out...if he intervened in the dream, he would truly gain no answers.

Darkness enveloped all, save for the spotlight that shown on the poor goddess...the dream had passed, and yet it played. As part of rationality tried to take hold of him, insisted he could learn more if he simply waited, his emotion took hold...he couldn't simply stay on the side. Not while she shook with sobs, not while she whispered his name. Darkness from around the spotlight coalesced into a single form in quick fashion, until it simply solidified and completed into the form of Hades himself, kneeling before her. "Kore...my sweet kore. What has happened to you?" Questions begged to be prompted...why did she exist in dreams now...why had her soul never come to rest...why did she go...who did she go to...who had harmed her so. At the last question, an uncharacteristic anger gnawed at him...who had harmed her.

Deathkitten Deathkitten

Recognition warred with confusion, and neither quite won. Poor Kore reached up and touched Hades’s cheek with a feather-light brush of her fingers. Tears continued to flow, and between sobs she spoke, “I should have... oh, Hades... I should not have left you so callously... My mother... gods above I never should have listened to her. I should not have let her spoil my mind with ideas... I have lost you forever...”

She hiccuped a breath and cupped her face with her hands, “Never would you want me again... I deserve the pain he has brought upon me... I deserve it for paining you so!”

Her gentle, wild curls of hair fell across her face as she turned her head down, “My mother beckoned my decision day in and day out. She urged me to leave... planted thoughts in my mind... gave me such ideas against you! None were true... none could be true but I left! I believed her... eventually I gave in and let her wrest me from you!”

ManofManyRoles ManofManyRoles

Slowly shaking his head, hands tenderly going to her cheeks to wipe away tears, cold heart aching at the sight of the one thing he cared for being so hurt. "My dear Kora...my Persephone...The one who warmed a heart of black stone, please do not cry..." reaching out, arms attempted to pull her into an embrace, though he did not force it. "I never spited you for leaving me, do not apologize for it...It doesn't surprise me Demeter spoke sweet whispers into your ears...I will always love and desire you, there is nothing you could do that would spoil yourself beyond my caring...You deserve no such pain."

As his mind continued to consider and ponder all the pain that had been brought upon her, who could abuse her in such fashion....a stone heart grew colder, and unheard of rage touched at it. Who could dare to harm his wife...to harm a being of sure pure good? "Please...who hurt you? Why are you not here with me, if you are gone...Why do you instead reside in another place?...Please, I have never been a god to beg, but if that is what it takes I will. Tell me these things so I may try to fix them...so I might correct what has been done, or at least set it so it may never happen again." As much as anger wanted to tinge his soul towards demeter, it seemed to fall flat each time. Demeter had always spited him, and he could do nothing to her about it...and the only way she could ever truly harm him, is by taking away his bride...and that's exactly what she had done.
Deathkitten Deathkitten

She whimpered and leaned against him, face against his chest with. "The... the man... the one I was with... the one I thought I loved... he was cruel when the drink was involved. He was..." Her voice faltered and she fell silent for a few seconds, "He had a firm hand, a wild temper, and eventually lost himself to alcohol altogether. I was lost. I tried to hide, but he found me and... one awful... horrid time, he was terrifying. He found me, beat me, and... he killed me... among other things." She sniffled, leading to stifled sobs that hiccupped their way through her breath. After a long while of trying to calm herself down, she got her breath to stop shaking. Eventually, she managed to pick her head up and look at Hades to answer his other queries, "But... my love... I am here. You wonder where I am, but I am here."

Kore smiled weakly, all sweetness and love, "All you have to do is look for me, silly. I've barely left the Underworld. I... I think I am there now. It is confusing... a mist surrounds me like a wall, and it is difficult to see through it."

His hand stayed at her back, gently rubbing it in his attempt to soothe her as she told her tale. "My sweet love...I cannot imagine anyone harming you, let alone taking your life...If I ever find who had done such a thing, they will regret every waking moment. And if I never find out, their soul will find punishment all the same...I know you are not the kind who would desire me to consider such things but...I feel a desire like I have not before...you know I have never used my power out of spite, but I would not hesitate to do so in this instance."

Listening to her answer his questions, confusion etched across his features. "I don't understand what you mean...you are nowhere here, I would know if your soul rested in the plains or elysium, as that's where you'd have gone..." He fell silent, mind working to put puzzle pieces together. What did she mean look for her? Today was full of more questions than he had ever anticipated, and he was certain if his brother knew he was laughing...or at least waiting with mild amusement. "...It is not unheard of for souls to be reborn and reincarnated...but you did not pass through here as a soul would...have you perhaps skipped that process and just gone on?" The implications were strange...but if it was true, that meant Kana was his wife...and yet she wasn't.

Deathkitten Deathkitten

"I am... confused," she said, looking down, "I know I am here. I can feel it... but things are different. If I am back, and I believe I am, then I do not think I remember myself. I hope it will come in time..." She fell silent, and the dream rocked. After a moment, the scene changed. It went on for a while longer, about two hours of napping, but the dreams were far less serious now. Persephone herself only played a background role, but she was always there - a member of the crowd to a jousting tournament, part of a party in the background, a gardener tending to her flowers. These dreams were much less serious and much more nonsensical as dreams have a habit of being. They comprised of a thousand different things, most of them parties (though far calmer than those of her Father's), and most of the parties having Kana not interacting, but watching with a pensive look to her face.

After two hours of nap, the ceased as swiftly as they had started, and Kana stirred beneath the tree. She rubbed her face and sat up, a little groggy. She didn't need to sleep, but it was always nice to escape for a bit. She barely remembered her dreams, though she could recall the less than pleasant attack that Persephone had undergone and bits and pieces of the parties she had watched over in her dreams. She stood after a few moments of righting her reality and began looking around again for her host. There was nothing else to do, after all. She didn't want to get lost and get mauled by something or whatever.

He nodded slowly, not sure what to say. He didn't have answers to questions, though that bothered him infinitely less than the knowledge of what had happened to Persephone. As the dream shifted, the lord of the underworld became little more than a watching and invisible shade again, staying for about an hour and a half in the napping dreams. Nothing to learn from, nothing to know...just simple dreams, pleasant things and parties that did little for him. At the end of his 'stay' he promptly simply ceased to be in the dreaming, back 'whole' again. Kana was asleep still, and so he simply walked through the garden in silence. Persephone had died a horrible dead, this was now an inescapable truth for him. He didn't know who had done it, and if it was a god of any right then the furies themselves would be unable to enact justice...no, he'd have to find them himself. A foreign and alien feeling lingered in his soul, a feeling he had never truly felt before, save for when he helped his siblings against his father. A need for justice...more than justice, he wanted vengeance.

Stopping in place in front of Kana as she woke, he turned his attention to her as he watched her come too and stand. "Rest well...for the most part?" The words felt false on his tongue, if she remembered her dream he doubted her rest would be as good as it could have been. "Actually...perhaps best I do not know. Do you want food or drink? A look at the estate?...I have never gotten better at this 'hosting', you'll have to pardon me."
Deathkitten Deathkitten

Kana bristled slightly, then laughed, startled by Hades, "Eh. As well as I ever do. I thought you watched, didn't you?" She shook her head, "The woman in my dreams never fares well, so my dreams can be fairly stressful." She went quiet, pursing her lips at his questions, barely hearing him.

"I think I remember you there... kind of...," she muttered, then sighed and brushed her hand through her hair, "You were talking to her, weren't you... Well... that has some really weird implications for my head but, okay. I guess." Kana took a slow breath, trying not to panic, "How was... I mean... did you... What did you talk about?" She waved her hands in a frenzy, "Nevermind. Nevermind. That's not important. It's fine. Um... you wanted to give me something to eat or drink, right? How about something sweet. Something sweet and some alcohol."

She could use something strong right about now. For whatever reason, the thought of this woman being real was terrifying. It was information she didn't know what to do with.

He paused for a moment before nodding. "I did, yes. I apologize for the stress in your dreams, I cannot remedy that..." He fell silent himself...every dream she had ended poorly for Persephone? How many nightmares did this woman endure...and how many did his life live each time she dreamed? At her speaking up again his attention diverted back to her as he nodded slowly. "I was, yes. I spoke with her..." he didn't really go into much depth besides that, though part of him debated he should be more revealing. His wife was within this goddess and yet...he held his tongue. He would tell her but he should give her time, she's only been on the estate for less than a day.

At the request for something sweet and alcohol, he gave a nod, making a sweeping motion towards the estate door they had exited through. "Come then. I'm sure there's something that will suit your needs..." he trailed off, black eyes staring off into nothingness as he considered implications of what was going on...he'd have to speak with Hectate at some point, this was something beyond simple death.​

Kana simply nodded, "Given the size and grandeur of your estate, I'm sure there's something." Sure, she could make herself something like that, but she didn't even want to bother with it right now. This was all stressful. She kinda just wanted her mom... She sighed and looked up at Hades as they walked, exploring the contours of his face with her eyes. He looked so tortured all the time, so deep in thought.

A few hours later, and she was feeling better, much more relaxed. Neither of them seemed to be the best at conversation, and she decided to watch television instead of trying to chat unsuccessfully. She sat on the couch with one leg tucked up to her chest, arms hugging it softly as she rested her head against her knee. There was little on the TV she was actually interested in. The news sounded fine enough. There was always stupid gossip going on amongst the gods, after all.

The latest fights. The newest trend. The next disaster that was going to hit the mortal realm. She yawned as they blended together, finishing off her drink again with a slow gulp. Kana turned to Hades, head tilted in a cute way, "So... tell me about your job. What is it that the mighty Hades has to do? What's your favorite part of the mortal coil that you work with?"

Hades was sitting on the other end of the couch, fist curled beneath his chin and propping his head up, elbow resting on the arm of the couch. Aeolus was releasing a massive storm in the Carribean at the moment it seemed, and it seemed his brother Poseidon was causing an earthquake in California....again. His attention shifted from the news towards Kana, an eyebrow slowly quirking in question. She was asking about him and his duties? Most people didn't bother to ask, so he wasn't sure if she was grasping at straws or truly curious. "I watch over the dead and keep them from returning to the land of the living. I oversee the entire underworld and keep it running, and will always have room here for any soul that arrives....I, however, do not judge the dead. Minos, Rhadamanthus, and Aeacus judge the departed and decide where their soul will go to rest...many places to go...but the story is usually the same. Many hope for Elysium, no one hopes for the Fields of Punishment, and everyone prays to avoid Tartarus itself...I don't have a favorite part of the mortal coil, as I only act with the last part. The only time I have ever had a part in the slightest with anything else is when chooses to be reborn from Elysium...if you can be reborn thrice and get Elysium each time, I welcome them to the Isles of the Blessed."

Whereas some may get excited or brighten up as they talk about their job, Hades was monotone and a bit indifferent...though there did seem to be the slightest curve at the edge of his lip. The makings of a smile? One wouldn't be able to know, it died quite quickly. He rarely spoke of himself, because he rarely interacted with many, the entire conversation felt awkward on his tongue. "...Forgive me, I seem to have lost all knack for this...you'd think after hosting so much I'd get better, not worse."

Deathkitten Deathkitten

"Ah, the fated Isle of the Blessed. I think that's all pretty cool. It must be hard to manage this all yourself, though," she mused, playing with the rim of her glass, "You're not that bad at conversation or hosting. It's not like you wanted anyone over anyway, so why would you be?" Kana smiled at him and tucked her knees under herself in a smooth motion, now facing him. She had a cheeky, childish grin on her face, one that was unmistakable in its mischievousness.

"You should smile more, Hades. I think you'd look pretty cute with one," she giggled. She had been drinking the whole two hours and was beginning to feel its effects. "I think that you'd look a lot more approachable if you smiled a little," she teased and scooched up to him, using her fingers to gently bring up the corners of his mouth, "Persephone will eventually be here again. You just gotta wait for her to get here. If you're a mopey face the whole time, she'd probably be upset about it, wouldn't she? She'd want you to be happy... or at least trying to be happy."

She cupped his cheeks with the same gentle touch and furrowed her brow, "I think I'm drunk."

"Not that difficult, I've had enough time to get it under control..." was about all he managed to murmur out on the subject of it being difficult. He'd have continued but that smile on her face and the way she looked at him put him in a more defensive internal setting. Watching her scooch upon him, her fingers going to the corners of his mouth to force an ill-fitting smile on his face. Perhaps it was because he hadn't willingly put it there, perhaps it because smiles didn't fit the lord of the underworld, perhaps it was both...but the smile she had put on his face didn't seem to fit. He couldn't fathom what had made her act like this until her last sentence escaped her lips, pieces falling into place. Right...daughter of Dionysus, drunk...that should have been obvious. Was he now becoming so melancholy normal conclusions were difficult to reach now?

"I think it's safe to say you're a bit drunk, yes..." he managed to reply, hands slowly going up to hers on his cheeks to bring them down, his lips no longer stuck in a smile...He should try to be happy, or at least try, she was right. Persephone wouldn't want him so gloomy...but it was hard to be happy, especially when something was obviously amiss with his wife being stuck in this girl's dreams. "Smiles don't fit my face, I'm sorry." He studied her for a moment...that smile she had given, was something similar to Persephones' own...not quite, but it was close.
Deathkitten Deathkitten

Kana squeezed his hands when he moved her’s down, eyes watching his face. “You are so handsome,” she muttered, eyes flickering to that of his wife’s color, “I don’t think I mind so much being... kidnapped by you.”

She squeezed his hands more firmly, “Aidoneus. Hades. God of the Underworld. You need to...” She shook her head, headache piercing suddenly, “Nhg... ow... oh my head...”

Her eyes were still the color of Persephone’s, but she was clearly Kana at the moment. She grimaced and looked at Hades, “Sorry... I don’t know what’s wrong with me today...”

The confusion on his face shifted to concern...not from the compliment but more so from the comment of being kidnapped. Her eyes changing to the same color as his wife's and the following statement didn't help anything either. "What...?" He stared at her in silent shock, mind grasping at straws to make sense of what had just happened. "I need to...what? Kana, your eyes have changed colors again, are you fine?"
Deathkitten Deathkitten
(Sorry it's a short post, not much to elaborate on this time around)​

She was wincing, but looked up at Hades. Her little furrowed brow was cute, if unfortunate. Kana shook her head, “Something is wrong. My head hurts. I... maybe it has something to do with the air here? I don’t know.” She was grasping at straws. Of course it wasn’t the air or something. The air was perfect. The house was perfect. She was the problem. Maybe it was just that she was too lowly of a goddess to even be in his presence.

“What do you mean my eyes have changed color?” She asked, bringing up a small magic mirror from her hand. She used her other hand to pull and push at her cheek, brow furrowing even tighter, “I... don’t know. It’s the same color as the woman in my dreams. I feel uncomfortable. This is... far too strange. Maybe I drank too much, or it didn’t sit well with me.”

Kana stood up off the couch, mirror disappearing as she wrapped her arms protectively around herself. Why was she feeling like this? Did Hades do something to her? No... he was just as confused as she was. It would be unfair to accuse him of something like that. Something insensibel. She looked back towards him, towards the couch, and was hit with another massive pain in her head.

Her magic leaked out with it, sending hairline cracks across the floor as she gripped her shirt. “S-sorry, Aidon-Hades. Just... I... I think I need to... I need to go!” She stammered out, starting to panic, and then she ran off, going in no particular direction through the house.

She wanted to go home. She wanted her mom. She didn’t want this... crazy. She couldn’t leave though. If she left... Zeus... it would anger him. She was trapped here until he allowed her to leave.

And what the hell was wrong with her!?

Once around a bend and out of sight, she gripped her head and started to cry. Her legs gave out beneath her and she slid down against the wall until her head could hide in her knees. Why? Why this woman? She perplexed her. Like a taunting ghost, something she couldn’t reach, couldn’t understand. Her eyes weren’t her color. They were that woman’s color. The fact that it felt natural freaked her out more! Was she a freak? Was Zeus playing some cruel joke on them? Gods, she just wanted a hug and a blanket and maybe some fucking color contacts.

He could only watch in total confusion as Kana seemed to break down on the spot. "Kana, deep breath..." It seemed his words fell on deaf ears, she had started to spiral. He wasn't sure why but watching her didn't feel him with the usual...cool indifference he felt when someone panicked or felt fear. Usually, there was nothing there for him to feel...but watching this woman seemingly fall apart filled him with...grief? Discomfort? It was an unpleasant feeling, and he wasn't sure what the cause of it was....maybe it was her eyes...maybe it was the fact Persephone resided in her dreams so often. Whatever the cause, he had two....no three things to do now. He glanced at the crack in the floor and simply waved his hand in its direction, the floor coming back to a perfect state and bent to his will.

Starting to walk down the hall he focused, just a little bit, divine will seeping out of him and across whatever great chasm that separated him from the messenger they all seemed to rely on. Hermes, do me a favor...Find hectate and ask her to come to my estate promptly. I'm not in the mood for time to waste, so put this near the top of your list...that is all. Now one could consider that a rude way of addressing someone he was asking aid from, but it was honestly as polite as one could get from Hades...besides, Hermes tended to work closely with the god of the underworld. Leading the deceased to their new home, granting the dying a painless death on occasion...Hermes may very well be one of the few gods Hades didn't hold outright indifference too.

Rounding the corner with his attention back to full he came to a stop, looking down at Kana. How did he approach this? He rarely gave comfort and hadn't done so since Persephone's death. Slowly coming down to a kneel, one leg resting on the ground, he brought a hand out and rested it on the goddesses back. "Kana....I want you to take a deep breath and look at me. Do not take my word lightly....I will help you however I can while you are on my estate. While you are here, you will find nothing but hospitality. Do you understand?" It was always a bit ironic for him to consider, in the back of his mind. He truly was 'the hospitable one' as much as the name felt false at times....but it was this, coupled with the fact this girl was placed here by his brother against her probable will that made him feel like the least he could offer was hospitable conditions.
Deathkitten Deathkitten

"I'm sorry," she muttered, face shoved up against her knees, "I didn't ask for this. I didn't want this. I don't understand what's wrong with me right now, or how I'm connected to your wife. Just... I feel like I'm on the verge of seriously freaking out, and it's not even been a whole day. I don't want to end up turned into a plant or tied to a rock or something. I know that the Olympians can get... crazy. Things with the big deities do."

She sighed, peeking up over the mountain that was her legs to look at him out the corner of her eye, "I'm sorry I'm being rude and insane. I'm all over the place like a squirrel on crack, and that's not exactly a very attractive thing. I'm also sorry that all I've managed to do today is dredge up memories of your wife. I mean... I'm not her, right? In some cruel twist of fate, that hasn't been made to happen... right? Like... how do we even approach that?"

Kana hugged her legs tighter, "I don't even know you. I don't know you to like you. If I'm some reincarnated mess of Persephone, then... Zeus... He'll expect nothing less than for me to be your wife... but I don't know you. Even if my mind flashes to memories that are not mine, even if my eyes change color, or I act like Persephone, or I have dreams about her... I don't KNOW you." She let out an exasperated breath, "I know a dream of you. A distant feeling that doesn't feel like it belongs to me, even if it does. Stranger things have happened in our world... and I... gods... I guess I just have to accept that I used to be her before. That's the only logical solution to what's happened today..."

"But... Hades?" she tilted her head to actually look at him, though the weight of it was still resting on her arms and knees, "If we're intertwined by the fates, if we're stuck together, then I think we need to start from the beginning. Properly. Not this mess that Zeus threw me... threw us into. Maybe we can start with a proper date, or even just sharing phone numbers... Not that I think a date would be the best idea right now, to be fair. I definitely want to talk to Hecate first... if my mother knows about this crap already, there'll be a shouting match. Clearly, being in your house is a bit too much for me right now. So... what do you think?"

He listened to her speak, obsidian eyes studying her in complete silence. She was right...she didn't know him, she hadn't asked for this. He hadn't asked for this either, didn't want this, didn't request this. None of this was to either of their wishes and yet the fates continued on with whatever they had in mind. He let out a slow breath before speaking, his words measured and calm. "I assure you, no ill harm is going to come of you. As long as I have any say in the matter, you will be treated well by myself, and the rest of my siblings...and yes, that will include my younger brothers...both of them."

He slowly slid down to a sitting position next to her, trying to seem....personable he supposed. "I don't know how to approach it...the day has been strange...though admittedly, better than the days I spent with the other suitors my brother tossed into my place of living against their wishes and my own." He trailed off in thought, head going against the wall as he stared ahead. "I don't know you either...it is unfair to you and myself to try to cram us together, like mismatched tapestries or ill-fitting puzzle pieces."

His head turned to look at her and study her for a moment, considering the offer. "...Very well...I think that's the best arrangement we can come too. I don't use a phone, I'm...old fashioned, I suppose. I stay in touch through Hermes...I don't think he minds too much, we're on...amiable terms most of the time. I could also just assign a shade to come when you call...my methods are old, but I find them reliable and my own." He slowly stood up, offering a hand to her. "I'm going to be informing Zeus that we're going to be...attempting to see each other. You'll be fine to leave the estate...do you want me to guide you out?"

1584511273818.pngShe blinked at him, then laughed, shaking her head as she leaned back against the wall. "You don't have a phone," she repeated, grinning despite herself. It was an amusing thought. He looked old-fashioned... and she supposed seeing him with a phone would appear out of place. Older gods were so slow to change. "Maybe a new phone is on the agenda then?"

Kana paused, hesitated for a moment before she took his hand and stood. He was cool and calming. It bothered her how much she wanted to keep her hand in his. She managed to withdraw after a moment and cleared her throat, "Are you sure it'll be alright? Zeus won't... bring down some sort of wrath on me for this? Gods... I wonder how much he actually knows about the situation..."

"Speak of the devil and he shall appear," Zeus, who had suddenly materialized beside Kana, teased. "Gods, you guys are talking so much about me, you're making my ears itch. Now, I wasn't paying too much attention, buuuuut~ I did hear you say something along the lines of this one being better than the others? Wonderful, great news. Love to hear it. So what's the plan now?" He rested a hand firmly on Kana's shoulder, squeezing just a little. She was clearly afraid, though Zeus was either dumb to this, or more likely, didn't care.

"This one is an absolute cutie too," he went on, grabbing her jaw with a smile, "If you don't decide to claim her, I might have a bit of fun with her myself."

"Correct, I have no phone...I don't want one either. Hermes has always been a good help...And I assure you he won-" His eyes cut directly to Zeus, a frown cementing itself onto his face as he looked at his youngest sibling. 'Speak of the devil'....not quite fitting for him, but the saying worked. Looking at him right now, seeing him like this so brazen and self-pleasing...and openly admitting he had been eavesdropping. Was his own home not a place of sanctity anymore!? Could he not have a conversation or plan in his own estate now!? A thought occurred to him...had his kid brother eavesdropped on every one of his would-be suitors? The idea worked at his mind, twisted and pulled at the fragile string of calm and composed that he had been working for quite some time...and it just frayed...and then it snapped.

"Dear brother..." his voice dropped into an annoyed hiss, shadows licking out from below him like starved serpents. "I would prefer you to pay no attention at all. You have your mountain, I have my home...I pay no mind to what you do there, you could extend me the same courtesy. Have you eavesdropped on every conversation I've had since this begun, or do you simply find it at your best-suited convenience as it always has been?" A rational part of himself demanded he keep composed, that this isn't a correct path to take...but the insult he had been dealt, intended or not, was one he wasn't going to let slip by. This was his guest, and she had his wife's memories in her head...he would sooner release his father out of Tartarus then let Zeus entertain a fantasy.

"The plan...is you release her this instant. You will cease to listen in and watch my estate, as I am entitled to the privacy that comes with it. I do not peek onto your mountain and listen to what chatter you cause and have. So the plan is you will leave my estate. You will release her this instant. Even if this fails, I do not want to hear a claim that you have laid a finger on her, nor have you played one of your schemes upon her. So help me, I swear upon the river Styx that I am genuine when I say, fail to do any of this, and I will make your immortal existence nightmarish for the next dozen Millenium." At the invocation of the river of hatred, the ground seemed to shudder and quake in aggravation, though he was entirely unphased. His voice never raised an octave, it never drew near to shouting. But with each syllable, tendrils of dread and terror seemed to work their way from the deities body, choking the hall they were in like a miasma. "Now dear brother...kindly leave my house."

Zeus would, of course, roll his eyes before speaking. "I don't listen in all the time, cool your jets. She's interesting, so I was keeping tabs. You both had outbursts of energy. Sue me for being interested in what could make that happen in my dear brother's house." Hades took in a deep breath...calm down a bit. The shadows lashing at his feet quelled down, and the choking miasma dissipated. "Brother, I appreciate the...concern, but I assure you things are fine. And yet again, I state, do not listen in on my estate, it is my place of privacy and sanctuary. Forgive me for making the assumption that you listened in at all times, but I can never be certain....now please be on your way. Otherwise, I will get a phone for the sole purpose of putting Hera and Hermes on speed dial, and for the sole reason of keeping your wife informed of how many 'friends' you make in your spare time."

Kana probably should have been absolutely terrified. Zeus was definitely scary. She was frozen in fear of him. But when Hades made Zeus let her go, and that aura about him... it kind of turned her on, to be honest. Instead of shaking, she found herself blushing, watching him talk. Zeus was grimacing, almost more of a pout.

"Now don't go and do that. Geez. No need to be rash about these things. Hera need not be involved," he said, looking away from his brother with a huff and a hand on his hip. He looked to Kana again, and raised a brow, "I will head out. Don't worry. I do want to ask miss little bit here a couple of questions though. Shouldn't she be quaking in a puddle right about now? Young goddess like herself, against your... fear fuckery." He made a point not to put his hands on her again, leaning down so his face was in front of hers, head tilted, "You're interesting, aren't you?"

Kana's eyes darted back to Hades. So Zeus didn't know. She looked between the two brothers for a moment, "Um... Hades... should we... should we tell him what we think might be going on?"

"Yes Hades, should we?~" he trawled, turning to look at Hades once again, "Oh now I just have to know. If you really want me to leave, then how about you and I go head to a bar. We can talk about it there and give little miss some time to come to terms with all you have to offer her. What do you say?"

His gaze flicked over to Kana, and for a moment, he damned himself. Zeus may just find it an annoyance, but a lesser god or goddess shouldn't be exposed to that kind of raw terror...and yet she was...blushing? That was definitely peculiar. "...Fear fuckery? Is that what you call it?...I'm not sure whether I'm wounded or just...astonished." At Kana voicing the last thing he wanted out in the air right now, his eyes flicked to her for a moment... He was so close to getting this man out of his house, and she just dragged him back in.

"...No. I have my reasons, and the answer is no. If it is of true importance, I assure you, you'll be one of the first to know....at any rate, you know I don't drink. Or do social gatherings...or leave the underworld often. Honestly, you offer up these suggestions as if you expect me to change my views and personality on a dime...If it gets you out of the estate and out of my domain, I will speak with you at a later point. But for now, I have nothing to speak about. You, me, and Poseidon are entitled to our desire to ponder things further before airing it out, are we not?"

Zeus grooooooaned, hefting out a mighty sigh, "Fiiiine. Gods, brother, could you be any more boring?" He looked to Kana again, who was blushing still, avoiding everyone's gaze. He laughed dryly through his nose.

"Kana," he said, voice far more serious, "You're unique, and maybe you're an alright enough choice for my brother. We'll see. Now, I don't give this sort of advice out for every girl I throw his way... but if you want to survive around him and his job, you need a spine. People fear him for a reason, and he doesn't make his presence as known as I do. Some of the things he has to deal with would eat you alive. So. Here's to hoping you stay alive long enough for my brother to figure out if he's capable of caring about anyone anymore."

With that little mic drop, he left. He was gone as quickly as he had come, and Kana felt the void he left was as loud as a horn. She swallowed and continued to avert her gaze from Hades. She felt embarrassed. Asking about that was dumb... and she felt silly for thinking his display of power was kinda hot. One of her hands found a few strands of her blue hair to curl around her fingers.

"So... I was leaving?"

He didn't have any further commentary on the matter, simply watching his brother until he left. He waited a solid minute before giving a slow sigh, running his hand over his face. "I apologize...for both of our parts. I should handle my temper better, but he had worked my last nerve in short order....you didn't even show fear....for once he's right about something, you are unique." Extending a hand out to her he gave a gentle nod. "I'll lead you out. When you want to get in contact with me, use Hermes...or I can simply have a shade be bound to you for a brief period."

Jet black eyes studied her for a moment, his head slowly tilting as he considered her. "...You're alright, I trust?"

Users who are viewing this thread

Back